Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    lstevenslstevens Member Posts: 11
    Has anyone gotten a great deal on a 2008 Odyssey EX-L RES in the NC area that they are willing to share?
  • Options
    larrybowlslarrybowls Member Posts: 16
    I was quoted $32K OTD for a 08 EXL-RES at Priority Honda in Chesapeake, VA. Decided to get the EXL-R&N instead and paid $1813 more for the Nav and we are completely happy. The price before ttl was $32332. The only condition was we had to pick from their inventory, this was easy as they had several colors. I HIGHLY recommend this dealership, it's a buyers market right now and Honda is offering $1000 to the dealership for incentives until March 3. Good luck!! ;)
  • Options
    cacheeseheadcacheesehead Member Posts: 2
    We have received quotes from several dealers for an 08 Touring. Best one so far is 35,700 (includes destination charge) with tax and title extra (SF Bay Area). But none of the dealers are able to give us the color choice we want right off their lot. One dealer said it would cost him $150 to get the color (slate green) we want from another dealer, and he wants to pass that cost along to us. Another dealer asked us to give him a $500 deposit (on a credit card) as a good faith gesture that we will not go to another dealer after he has brought the vehicle we want to his dealership.

Has anyone had to pay either a deposit or an extra charge in order to get the color choice they want? What do dealers have to pay one another when they get a vehicle from some other dealer's inventory?

Thanks.
  • Options
    raggarwalraggarwal Member Posts: 1
    I am getting bids from dealers in the Houston, TX area right now for the 2008 Odyssey EX-L with DVD (RES). The best quote I got so far is around $32,766.06 (Drive Out)

The breakdown is something like this:

Vehicle Price $30,595.00
    Sales Tax $1,912.19
    Documentary Fee $50.00
    Title Fee $44.50
    License Plates $60.80
    Inspection Fee $23.75
    Full Deputy Fee $5.00
    Dealer's Inventory Tax $76.82
    Your Drive out Price $32,766.06

Is that a good deal? I got this through the internet sales manager. Any suggestions on getting the dealer to lower their price?
  • Options
    ballhoggballhogg Member Posts: 38
    I don't know of a good dealer in the tri-state area since I haven't had a good experience with any yet. It looks like people are getting below invoice pricing on the Ody, check the prior posts. Figure out exactly what you want and go from there. Invoice Price, Dest charge, tax, dmv fees - that should cover it.
  • Options
    rockythegreatrockythegreat Member Posts: 9
    CAUTION : Never get a vehicle when a Dealer wants to get it from another Dealership. It will cost you more and trouble.
  • Options
    You paid $300 - $400 more as on average the selling price has been 31419 + destination $635 = $32054 with $100 - $200 discount negotiation it comes down to around $31850-$31900. I would say if you are picky about the color and you are getting it from this dealer then $300-$400 variation is negligible. To compensate the price difference I would recommend to ask dealer to throw in some accessories like splash guards, all season mats, cargo mat, cargo tray, cargo net or any combination.
  • Options
    Are you referring to the EX-L RES, or the EX-L R&N?? I bought the EX-L R&N for $32,332 including destination, plus tax, title, fees. I also recieved $18,000 on trade with a 05 EX-L RES that had 47,700 miles and it was in an accident, still had all four original tires. I made out on the trade since the van was wrecked before, and the dealer was aware of the accident.
    The price I recieved is well below the TMV in my region, VA Beach, VA
    I'm new to this site, can you tell me where you're getting your average prices from?
  • Options
    dhtexasdhtexas Member Posts: 1
    I think that is a good price, because from what I found on Consumer reports... the real invoice for the vehicle is 30,612.
    I purchased mine last week and was happy with it.
  • Options
    I am referring to EX-L R&N. Anyways yours is an exceptional case of trade-in. Dont Worry About It JUST ENJOY THE VEHICLE !!!!!
  • Options
    I bought mine last week EXL-R&N for $31000 including destination 6% tax + title/reg = $32945 with 2.9% APR 60 months and some accessories...I live in philly and I bought from Conecille Honda, Philly, PA. NO TRADE-IN in my case.
  • Options
    Hey Rocky, I'm not worried about it. You just didn't clarify which vehicle that you were talking about, either RES or R&N. That's all. And calm down with your "JUST ENJOY THE VEHICLE" comment. There's no need to shout.
    Have a blessed and happy Honda day Rocky. ;)
  • Options
    LMAO...I aint shouting....just having fun......you too have it....OK
  • Options
    You still didn't answer my question about where you're getting the average prices from. Curiously waiting....thanks for the info. And when you type in all caps that is considered shouting. Just trying to be helpful, isn't that why we're all here?....
  • Options
    From dealers in MD, PA, NJ....I used donkeypunch method and got such prices in email.......
  • Options
    elmo2002elmo2002 Member Posts: 7
    Murmal,

Thank you so much. It helps a lot.

Regards,

-E.
  • Options
    ctgrainctgrain Member Posts: 2
    I just paid 28,600 OTD in Milwaukee WI. Traded an '05 Pilot EX-L with just under 60k miles and got 16,400 real money. I feel good about the deal, I only wish they had some interest rates like when I bought my '05 Pilot, 2.9 for 60 months.

They have to make their money somewhere. I'm sure if rates were that low they either wouldn't have dealt as much on the new or given me as much for my trade. Love my Honda's
  • Options
    clevesqueclevesque Member Posts: 1
    It was fabulous. Right price, and got color etc. Just what I wanted. It is a bare bones with just a few extras. Got the van from the same dealer as our Honda crv purchase. I tried a Toyota Sienna (seemed to have little quality buttons and didn't run as smooth) Anyway try email and ask for the best price. A great sales person will give it to you. I am a very Happy Honda owner :)
  • Options
    cineditorcineditor Member Posts: 3
    I used the donkeypunch method and the lowest price I've been quoted is
    $27,166
    + $ 635 Freight
    + $ 487 Documentation/Processing Fees

Is this a good price for an EX-L in the Atlanta area? Or should I negotiate and get a lower price. I've been reading this forum and looks like most of you are going for the EX-L with RES & NAV for almost the same price. Please advice.
  • Options
    lali3lali3 Member Posts: 16
    Rockythegreat,
    If you don't mind can you email me the salesperson details to lali3@carspace.com.
    I am also in PA but not getting close to what you got. Interested in 2008 EX-L R&N

Thanks in Advance
  • Options
    hondanewbie1hondanewbie1 Member Posts: 3
    2.9% APR sounds fantastic. How did you get this rate? Lowest I have been quoted in CT is 5.99% with tier 1 credit. Is this a special offer? Thanks.
  • Options
    mbx4stevembx4steve Member Posts: 24
    Just walked away from a "deal" offered by Norm Reeves in SoCal. It was $28990 to buy a EX-L w/ RES (incl. dest. charge) at 5.75% over 60 months. It just didn't feel right as the manager was ready to drop $4300 quickly. I do want to mention that I have a 2004 Ody on a lease that will end this May '08. And I am over the allowed miles by 12,000K so far. The manager said he would absorb the mileage penalty of $1800 if I buy this '07 model. I said I would think about it and let him know within 48 hours.

Based on my quick search here, the best price was about $27800 before tax and lic.(not sure if there's a trade in). So if my deal holds, it would be $28990 - $1800 = $27190. Does this price sounds good?

What about this $2500 dealer incentive that I read about but couldn't find on Edmunds now? I'm sure it's still available as the price quickly came down from MSRP of $33290 to $28990. And they would take a $1800 hit from my car. I suspect there still room to negotiate.

Thanks in advance for any input. Steve
  • Options
    cclcalcclcal Member Posts: 20
    Should be able to do better. I got a quote from NormReeves for an 07 EXL (no RES) for $25.5 (not including accessories).

It was about 25.9 with accessories. But after reading all the issues with the Ody, I decided to pass on the deal.

good luck!
  • Options
    sundevilsundevil Member Posts: 28
    My friend bought a 07 EXL-RES for 27k in the chicagoland area 2 weeks back. This included the destination charge. No trade-in was involved.
  • Options
    mrsdoubtfiremrsdoubtfire Member Posts: 1
    I'm shopping for the 2008 Odyssey EX-L RES. You mentioned a price of $32K OTD from Priority Honda in Chesapeake. What was the break down of that price? I'm assuming it included destination and TTL since it's OTD price? Also, who was the salesperson you used because I Priority Honda isn't too far to travel for me. Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    zeeman69zeeman69 Member Posts: 5
    Hi rockythegreat ,

You must really rock bec you got a really rockin' deal. I am impressed. I am also looking for EXL+R&N. can you please email me sales person info at zeeman69@comcast.net. I'll really appreicate it as I need it soon and expecting my third child soon :-)

so long.

Zee Man
  • Options
    You're correct, this is the out the door price at $32K. Anthony is the manager of the internet team and I offered the $32K OTD and he said that he would honor it. He has several to chose from. I'm not too sure of the exact break down but it included the dest. and TTL. They were a pleasure to work with, plus free oil changes for life, transmission for life, state inspections for life. Where are you? Checkered Flag said they would beat any deal by $50 but Priority is only a few miles from my house. Good luck!!
  • Options
    stevn99stevn99 Member Posts: 5
    The lowest I've seen advertised in the ATL area was $28802 + TTL from Team. Which dealership your quote from?
  • Options
    wsljlwwsljlw Member Posts: 4
    Question for you. This OTD pricing, is it for a 2007 or 2008 EX-L with RES / Navi. That is what I am looking for
  • Options
    paupaucopaupauco Member Posts: 2
    The lowest quote I've received so far for an '08 EXL- Res is 34412.14 OTD. Only other inclusions is full tank of gas upon pick-up and waxing on the car (pretty lame, eh?)

Thoughts?

The only '07 quote I've received so far is 31, 400 OTD.

This is in the Seattle Area. Thanks!
  • Options
    You said that you were shopping for a 2008 EX-L RES. The price that I responded to was for this said vehicle @ $32 OTD.

I ended up buying a 2008 EX-L R&N for $33,800 OTD, just added the difference between the two at invoice. I just managed not to pay sales tax on the difference because thats the number that I told them we had to have in order for them to make a sale. I believe before TTL, I paid $32,332. All I was looking for was OTD price, either way it's below the advertised invoice. I hope this clarifys your question for you. Do you want a 2007 or a 2008? All prices are on 2008 models that I've quoted. Best of luck!! ;)
  • Options
    amnagamnag Member Posts: 3
    I got a quote for 2007 EX L RES NAV which is $31,800 OTD (6% IL sales tax). Is this a good price or am I going to pay more than what I need to pay? Also the delaer strongly recommended pro pack which is $600 more and extended warranty which is $3000 (8yr/100,000 miles). If I want to go with these options is it worth? Please suggest.
  • Options
    wsljlwwsljlw Member Posts: 4
    I am looking for a 2008 EX-L R&N (which I assume means Rear Entertainment Center and Navigation). All I care about is what a good OTD price would be. I know sales tax, etc varies from state to state. I also have a 2004 Odyssey with about 50,000 miles to trade in. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    taraltaral Member Posts: 8
    I got the exact same quote--was it from OHare Group? Just curious.
  • Options
    cineditorcineditor Member Posts: 3
    I got the above mentioned price from Carey Paul Honda. Besides Curry Honda and Hennessey Honda were near the same price.
  • Options
    elmo2002elmo2002 Member Posts: 7
    I contacted the 15 dealerships listed in Honda's website for the metro DC area (Northern Virginia, South/Central Maryland).

Best 3 quotes I got for a 2008 Ody Touring no PAX ( were from Maryland dealers:

Sport Honda: $35,014
    Hendrick Honda: $35,199
    Ourisman Honda: $35,550

(Add-ons: destination charge of $635, $100 proc. fee and 4% tax plus registration/tags of around $125)

As someone else pointed out here before, MD dealers in the DC metro area are a lot more competitive in pricing , and their processing fees are capped at $100.00

Hope this helps. :D
  • Options
    yaya3yaya3 Member Posts: 2
    i've been quoted an OTD price of $35,800 for the '08 Touring (no PAX). from all my research, and reading this forum, it sounds like a good deal. anyone know?
  • Options
    cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    Forfget the "pro pack" (whatever it is - probably just a wax job and some Scotchguard). The EW price WAY high - see the separate thread here on that topic.

It sounds as though the actual price for the Odyssey is 30, right? You should be able to do a little better.
  • Options
    minivansrockminivansrock Member Posts: 11
    Please let me know where you got that deal. It's really impressive OTD price.
  • Options
    yaya3yaya3 Member Posts: 2
    i'm in oklahoma. just got home with it and that was the price ... NOT including oklahoma tax, title, and tag ... but everything else. i think it was a good price.
  • Options
    vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    While most dealers have limits of $2-5k on a credit card charge, you may be able to get around it by using a convenience check. I bought a car using one that had a special 0% rate for a year. Then I refinanced it through the credit union.
  • Options
    jeffcarsjeffcars Member Posts: 11
    Anyone hear of February incentives? We are looking to buy by the end of the month at a price that seems OK. I was hoping for better than 5.9% with top credit. Any incentives out there that would make it worthwhile to wait?
  • Options
    eights38eights38 Member Posts: 145
    jeffcars - I appreciate your dilemma, but there is no way to determine February's incentives until February. Honda typically places incentives on slow moving vehicles and vehicles in stock at year end. Does your dealer have a good selection or is inventory tight? If you need more help, please feel free to reply or email me.
  • Options
    dfjiangdfjiang Member Posts: 2
    I got this one from Brookdale Honda, Brooklyn Center, MN 55429, with the following accessories:
    1. Splash Guards
    2. Fenderwell Garnish, Thick
    3. Air Deflector
    4. Wheel Locks
    5. Door Visors
    6. Black All-Season Floor Mats
    7. Cargo Tray
    Price: $35650+$2317.25(MN tax)+$513.25(Govt Fees)+$50(Doc Fee)=$38530.50(Out of door).
    Please try to do better and let everyone know how you did.
  • Options
    jeffcarsjeffcars Member Posts: 11
    What rates are people getting on their EX-L RES + NAV?
  • Options
    amnagamnag Member Posts: 3
    Thanks cccompson for the reply. What would be the best price for this before tax, title, license and plates?
  • Options
    dlee300zdlee300z Member Posts: 8
    This quote is for a 07 EXL with RES/NAV

The Manufacture Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is: $35490
    Your Internet Sale Price on this vehicle is: $30306.23
    Here is a breakdown of all of the fees:
    DMV Fees (Registration)- $249
    Sales Tax (CO)- $2353
    Doc Fee- $55
    Total Out the Door Price- $32963.23

here's the kicker though.

This price includes the destination charge, sales tax and DMV fees. This price may not be used in conjunction with any Honda Special Lease or Special APR Programs.

What do ya'll think?
  • Options
    cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    You and the poster just beneath you are shopping for the same vehicle. Go back over the posts from December (lots of '07s were sold then) to get an idea of what folks actually paid. Prices do vary some locally. 30K may be the best price in your area. 30.3 may be best elsewhere. IIRC, the lowest number posted was a shade less than 29.

The only way that you can ever know if you've done your best is to get dealers competing against each other for your business. Now that '07 stock has dwindled that becomes a bit harder.
  • Options
    hdghdg Member Posts: 9
    I have received one quote for a leftover 2007 EX-L RES which breaks down as follows:

internet price $28,162 + $844.86 taxes + $635 destination + $399 doc fee + $88 tag= $29,493.86 OTD. It seems like a really good price, other than I'm annoyed with the doc fee, but it's black with ivory interior and we're awful with beige interior. The salesman was not even remotely prompt with returning phone calls or e-mails. The van is at another dealership and they would need a deposit in order to transfer it if we can even get it before it is sold. Oy.

I've received 3 quotes for a 2008 EX-L RES and they are all coming in at about $29,300 + taxes/destination, same $399 doc fee + tag for an OTD price of $31,200. Do these sound like good prices?

Does anyone know what Honda Finance is offering these days? We need a 60 month loan.
  • Options
    tbrasse1tbrasse1 Member Posts: 6
    Breakdown:
    07 Nimbus Grey with olive leather
    Fog lights
    Backup sensors
    XM module
    Total out the door price with all taxes, fees, transfer = $27,447.56

I used the donkeypunch (thanks) plus some good old fashioned haggling.
    Now to Handa for the other stuff.