Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• Options
    sdmike2sdmike2 Member Posts: 2,909
    I just got a 20% off all parts coupon from my local 4*. Anyone need anything? ;)
  • Options
    sel714sel714 Member Posts: 35
    We are at 65000 mi and I just had the brakes checked. They said about 40% front 50% back left.
    Still original pads and rotors all the way around.
    This is the 3rd time i have had them checked. They told me they have some sensors in the pads that make a squweling that let you know its time for new brakes. They said not to worry I should here them but if they want me to check them again to wait at least 10000 mi. Also they do not recommend changing the tranny fluid. I check it once a month and it still looks the same as it has all along pinkish red in color no sign of getting dark or brown.
    sel714
  • Options
    avalanche165avalanche165 Member Posts: 558
    sel714 you must not use the brake much or be a real good driver. i have 34k on my car, 3 sets of pads. the first ones (stock) were worn down a little, i had some good wear to go but i just put new ones on. the 2nd set was down to nothing, i mean they even cracked when it took them off, stress crack i guess. now the 3rd set i got soft pads and they are fine. i hate squeaking. i dont know the definition of "riding your brakes"....it can mean 1000 things. but i guess with all these hills i ride them more than average so this is expected....
  • Options
    ajpiiiajpiii Member Posts: 260
    WOW 65000 miles and you dont need brakes ????? I had to replace the pad and rotors at 30k... Im waiting to have to replace em again soon... wanna go for those KVR cross drilled rotors...

Ive decided against the tranny fluid change... I have the Added Care Chrysler warantee for 100,000 miles (it costs me $1100, and has already saved me $600 on repairs )... and when I hit 100,000 it will be time for the Hemi C :) I cant wait for that baby...
  • Options
    easyrider300measyrider300m Member Posts: 1,116
    Hope you didnt do all I told you to do to get at the air filter. Before you pull the engine to get at the filter, you don't have to remove the spark plugs. So, you see, its easier than you thought to get at that filter. But be sure to take off the hood first. Saves lots of aggravation and possible denting of the hood. I'm always here to help. What are friends for.

Easyrider300M ;-)
  • Options
    melthomasonmelthomason Member Posts: 14
    Where is the best place to get after market floor mats ?? I want good ones. When I bought this car last Saturday it had very cheap mats in it.
    Thanks.........
  • Options
    splattsplatt Member Posts: 328
    It all depends a lot on driving. I've ot 40-50k w/o needing them, and I know my step-mother usually needs them done at about 15k or less - she doesn't know you're actually supposed to remove the foot from the break occasionally :D
  • Options
    the club - www.300mclub.org - is looking to get some mats for sale with the logo on them (last I heard - Roger, is that still in the works?) That would be a nice addition.
  • Options
    300michael300michael Member Posts: 1,815
    You mean the hood comes off???? I mean I didn't have to cut a hole in it to get the engine out to change the filter???? I wish you would have told me this earler. I guess I need to go get some duck tape.
  • Options
    rogor2krogor2k Member Posts: 385
    Actually the factory mats (also available from your parts counter ($38 front, $21 rear list price) are pretty good quality. I don't know what they stuck in your car, but it doesn't sound like the factory mats.

We are working on getting a deal on some good quality embroidered mats, but it will take a quantity purchase to get a good price. Stay tuned for details.
  • Options
    The Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club passed another milestone last night when John Felsted submitted his application and became our 200th member. John is the proud owner of a 2000 deep slate 300M.

Congratulations John, and welcome to the extended family.
  • Options
    Something to ponder as we celebrate Veteran's Day this weekend, maybe even more meaningful in the troubled times we live in.

http://www.jacksjoint.com/soldier.htm
  • Options
    I'm sure there will be lots of interest if the look is right---we should discuss what type of logo would look best to appeal to the most people----I think only front mats are needed---the rear is not really seen as much---and in addition to carpetetd mats, I think logoed heavy guage water collecting rubber mats would also spur some interest here--would be a big seller for us New Englanders and other snowbirds-

Whatdyathink:
    Easyrider300M
  • Options
    good ideas easyrider... I'd be interested as well.
  • Options
    I'm thinking the word "Chrysler" in the Chrysler font (like on the car), followed by the 300M and shield logo in outline form only. Remember this is thick carpet material, so embroidery can't have very much fine detail. This would be a nice looking mat. I've requested pricing for 25 and 50 sets. Any less than that and I doubt we could get much of a break.

This would have to be a "order and pay in advance" arrangenent like the first shirt purchase was, so we don't bankrupt the Club treasury. Everybody up for that?
  • Options
    You can always buy a new set of mats and take them to a local custom upholstery shop and get whatever custom design you want. I've known of people who have done that with good results. I don't know how durable they are because they can't sew all the way thru the mat.
  • Options
    Sorry guys, I like my factory mats and don't feel a need to embroider them. When they wear out I'll just buy new ones. At least I'll know they match.

Roger - second hat order should be done today. I'll call them around lunch time
  • Options
    akfwdakfwd Member Posts: 5
    can any one tell me how do i get the bumper fascai for both end's for my 1999 300M and how much it will cost me to get them,and from where do i get the lowering spring for it ,pleas i neeeeed your REp
    thanks all
  • Options
    drpixeldrpixel Member Posts: 256
    Will be sending out members #199 and #200 membership packages this weekend. Roger is right, this is a sort of milestone for "this thing of ours". Roughly figuring, we've averaged a little over 1 member a day since the 2nd generation Club web site went live way back on February 15th of this year.
    Besides this milestone, our club has had the Monterey Event, the Detroit Dream Cruise, the Wall Stadium Speedway Rendezvous AND the upcoming Arizona Meet. We now have 4 international members and members here in the U.S of A in all 50 states. We have Club shirts and hats, static cling stickers....what a year its been.
    I seem to be suffering from whats being referred to as "WTC syndrome"... scratchy throat, headache for 3 weeks that goes away on the weekend-and comes back by Monday afternoon. Not a cold, but mimic's one. My place of employ SWEARS that the air quality is good, but all you have to do is look DOWN the block the Bank is on to see how bad the air really is.
    Going out with the S.O. and 6 other couples tonight to a local "German Club" to have wienershnitzle and beer....should be a fun time, but I'm the designated driver!
    Hope you all have a great weekend!
    Doc
  • Options
    drpixeldrpixel Member Posts: 256
    I recent posting here mentioned someone looking for a a scale model/toy car of the 300m. A while back I had mini-spammed a bunch of toy car websites (HotWheels, Corgi, etc.) regarding this.
    So far, no responses.....just and FYI

Doc
  • Options
    you might try: http://www.oem-car-parts.com/?chrysler-parts.com1 or try www.mechanicsvilledodge.com --they both offer disocunt parts but be sure to figure in shipping to see if its cheaper than local dealer---

Join the Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club and try to convince your local dealer to sign onto the discounting program where they agree to offer members 10% off all parts and service---its good publicity for them and BigSavings for members---

• Options
    lflowerslflowers Member Posts: 155
    Hey Rogor....................would the club mats you're talking about have the grommet on the driver's side mat for the hook that holds it in place? If so, I'd probably be up to buy a pair, assuming that my job hasn't disappeared by the time they become available.

Lynn
  • Options
    wonder if 300M shield with the word Chrysler would be too busy and add to expense: I think maybe just a simple shield and 300M would be enough--I dont really care about promoting the Chrysler name on the inside of the car--Keep it simple----my Lincoln came with factory mats with embroidery and just said: "Mark VIII" so I think 300M with the simple shield logo would be enough---be sure to get an interest poll and logo input first--
  • Options
    The mat would have the grommet on the driver's side just like the factory mat. They claim their mats are superior to the factory mats because they have a foam layer on the bottom that holds the mat in place better than the rubber nibs.

I'm getting pricing both ways on the embroidery. We'd have to settle on one design to make this workable. Their web site is www.carrugs.com.`
  • Options
    cbwonguscbwongus Member Posts: 40
    I have never posted to this board, and I am not currently a member of the 300M club, but I have been a lurker for months now and I have to say that a well done floor mat with the 300M sheild logo embroidered on it would be the motivating factor for me to get my club dues in and make it official. I have thought that that would be a nice touch to the interior, but never got around to doing the leg work. I will keep watching the board for info.
  • Options
    scotianscotian Member Posts: 1,064
    Does anyone have a suggestion for a good set of winter mats, the kind that cover as much of the floor as possible and serve as water/snow traps? I really don't want any road salt soaking into my carpet this winter.
  • Options
    grunschevgrunschev Member Posts: 106
    We have some road construction going on this weekend that may affect folks trying to get to the AZ meet.

I-10 westbound will be closed from Baseline to Southern all weekend. (This is right at the I-10/US 60 interchange to do some bridge work on new car pool lanes.) An alternate route from Tucson would be to exit I-10 at either Chandler Blvd or Ray Rd and go east about 5 miles to Loop 101, then go north from there.

Loop 202 will also be closed this weekend, but I didn't see exactly where. I don't know if this will affect anybody trying to get there.

Igor
  • Options
    winter? what's that? ;)
  • Options
    jona57jona57 Member Posts: 194
    Rubbermaid (yes, the kitchen stuff company) makes some decent heavy duty "winter" car mats. They are rather thick and reversible (carpet on one side and a deeply ribbed tray-like effect on the other). I bought a set for the front of my Gr Caravan & they do a great job of catching all sorts of wintertime snow and slop. I think I paid about $18ea about 2 years ago. Your post reminds me I need to go find a set for my M before the first IN snowfall.
  • Options
    I finally got my LHS headlamps I will take the projector beams out and install them in the 300M lamps. It will be eather over and under, or side by side. I also got an 300M head lamp too, that way I can experiment with it and not mess up my orginal one. My dremel is sure to get a work out. My Camera (second one came in also but too late for the meet. I know the HID lamps are better but far too costly for me. After having spent my next 3 year mods budget.
  • Options
    for the Arizona Meet. I hope to see most of you. I know a few are already in town. For the rest I will send pictures to the club site.
  • Options
    dave300mdave300m Member Posts: 1
    Need to replace tires on 2000 300M with 17" wheels and standard suspension. Want something with good handling and reasonably quite ride. Michelin recommended Pilot MX M4'S. Said XGT Z4's are phased out. Anyone have any experience with these on this configuration?
  • Options
    akfwdakfwd Member Posts: 5
    hi there thanks for the web address can i ask how to remove the the speed lock on my 1999 300 m ,i have changed the tires to 18/245/45 so can you tell my how to do it
  • Options
    cko1xcko1x Member Posts: 1
    Go to www.mats.com. This will take you to McNeill (not sure of the spelling) auto supply. I bought winter mats two years ago and am very satisfied. Ohio steel mills tend to be slushy, dirty places and I use them all year long. Unless you shovel snow into the footwell, these will keep your carpet dry.
  • Options
    fastdriverfastdriver Member Posts: 2,273
    300michael-

Enjoy your meet! Don't eat too many Krispy Kremes!! LOL......Only in the 30's here in CT. Enjoy the 80 degree weather there! I'm sure you will all have a lot to talk about.

fastdriver
  • Options
    ed12ed12 Member Posts: 100
    I have a 99 300M with 52000 miles. Other than the power window regulator and the tranny speed sensor, the car has been troublefree.

As to the Acura TL, I would try the seats real carefully. I found the seats to be terrible. I have a friend who has a 2000 TL and he is not so thrilled with the seats.
  • Options
    If you don't have the php package and you have a limiter on the engine, there are very few options. The module can be replaced from a car that had the php package - though finding one could be very tough. Or, you can get it reprogrammed, but it requires equipment only the dealer would have. A dealer would never do it due to liability, but if you were very friendly with an employee... ;)
  • Options
    Thanks all for the floor mat suggestions.

If I were to get cross-drilled rotor, can I just get two for the front, or does it have to be all four?
  • Options
    I would like something like this:

http://www.autobarn.net/grbfloorguard1.html

but they are only made for these:

http://www.autobarn.net/lib/rodi/floorguardseat1.html

My question is: Which of these vehicles is most like the 300M in the floor area?

I like these because they seem to be the only mats that are properly oversized to protect the front corners -- where the main problem is, while not being overly molded to a specific non-300M vehicle.

If I have to, I'll but a shorthair rubber-backed bathroom throw rug for winter.

I want to avoid this:

http://www.off-road.com/isuzu/inside_armor.html

• Options
    If you don't have the performance handling package you might want to consider the Yokohama Avids as a replacement. A couple of people here have them and they are very happy with them (and the price).
  • Options
    I hope you guys are having a heck of a time. Wish I could have been there.

Big Red's 300M Page
  • Options
    Are the top air vents on the back of the console for back seat passengers in 01s separated left/right, each side with adjustable louvers?
  • Options
    on1wheelon1wheel Member Posts: 68
    -----hi all,i just read in one of my truckin mags(imagine that!)that kennebell is doing the computer thing for the m`s.cost says $350,and that includes return overnight shipping.
    check it out at www.kennebell.net

scotian,the guy at kvr told me you can do front only. said this wont affect the rear.
    i`ve just ordered a complete set.
  • Options
    on1wheelon1wheel Member Posts: 68
    the rear brakes are actually cheaper from KVR than the dealer.
  • Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,735
    My '99 Platinum 300M turned 30,000 miles yesterday on the way home from the New England International Auto Show ( I really do miss the New York show at the Javits, but now living in the Bawston area... oh, well. I even miss the NY shows from the old Coluseum!!!!). The 2002 M was largely being ignored while I was there, really not a whole lot of difference from my '99. Still lookin' good, of course! The two ?* dealers in my area each want $550+ for the 30k check up. That does not sound reasonable does it? I think I'll bring it to one, show them the 30k check up page in the owners manual and say, "How much for the factory recommended services?" I have not had a "light show" in a couple of weeks, it has only happened twice, but i'll have it investigated.

Random thoughts from the auto show:
    I played in a Lincoln LS. The interior is really nice...for a $25,000 car! The exterior? What style? Just mho, claro.
    I really like the interior of the MB C class and the Jag X type. Just not the prices. BMW 3 is business-like, but spartan.
    The Lexus IS300 SportCross is a great looking car, but the interior isn't my cup o' tea. Other than the IS, Lexus interiors are just beautiful.
    I think Hyundai's are really coming along (only at an Auto show would I consider Hyundai. Although, if I had to buy a new car for one of my kids??? Unless the old stock market approaches the year 2000 levels again. Then it's Mercedes for all!)
    The new Caddy CTS. Ugh. Especially the front end (more appropriate for a truck. Too blocky) and rear end ( a nightmare of shapes, colors and materials). Not an Aztek, but certainly no 300M. Good luck, Caddy.
    Aston Martin Vanquish. I proposed marriage. It turned me down. Moving on...
    SUVs: Who really cares. Too many of 'em. Although, my evil wife is going to make me buy her an RX300 one of these days. If Mass. has the tax free period, and it includes cars, uh oh.
    New Audi A4: I don't think the exterior styling is as beautifully proportioned as the outgoing model. Heavy looking. I think the 2001 and prior will look great forever! Interior is nice, trunk looks bigger.

That's all for now. Hope y'all are enjoying Arizona!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    dubbeddubbed Member Posts: 33
    to all it was a great time. i hope that everyone who was there had a great time like i did. i was cool, i liked it. thanks to mike for organizing it and for everything. it was nice. too bad more didnt show. next meet is at my place i expect to see everyone there. lol.

tom
    (dubson300m)
  • Options
    We had 7 cars and 8 owners come, many with there wifes (some of the wives brought there husban's) We even had a few non owners show up for a short time. Every one had a good time, of course (considering the topic of discussion (300M)).
    We got to compare exhausts side by side, as well as the extra's we have added. It was nice to see 16",17",18", and 20" wheels along with three different types of wings, and such. Except for Gil's and mine all the car were different colors.
    Some of the people that showed were:
    Ron and Nancy Darling
    Tom Grabek
    Igor Grunschev
    Dillon McDaniel
    Dave Skilbred
    Michael Sylvia
    Bob and Yvonne Vostry
    Jeff Car (in shop Body Work)
    Potential owners that stayed for a moment to look at the goings on.
    Roseann Silva
    Vera
    Elizabeth
    I will be posting pictures at http://community.webshots.com/user/my300m_ look under the AZ 300M meet.
    We are talking of having another at the Barret-Jackson Auction in January.
    All and all, a very enjoyable day. Until the next one.
  • Options
    I have not seen any adjustable vents on the 99-02 300M's. The only adjustment is for top or bottom air flow.
  • Options
    grunschevgrunschev Member Posts: 106
    I had a great time. It was fantastic meeting everyone. Many thanks to Michael for putting it all together for us.

Igor
  • Options
    here they are --- the best mats custom sized for the M---Black is only $44.95 for the fronts, tan and grey available slightly higher---add 9.00 for shipping---I have used a similar styled mat and was very happy--catches all the water,snow, and dirt you can track into the vehicle-

http://www.macneil.com/store/vehsearch.asp