Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Road Trip!

1686970717274»

Comments

• Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    We use a Voyager for most crews at work. It's basically a Pacifica with not too many upgrades. But, they drive nicely in almost any situation. Since the crew I'm in has 6 drivers plus the lead, we get to use a large Ford Transit van with the higher roof line. The only downside is there's no running board to make egress/ingress easier & it's quite easy to fall backwards. They do provide a very sturdy handle on the right side of the side cargo door to grab onto. I do have issues sometimes climbing in so a running board on the side would really help. Plus ours doesn't have tinted widows all around. Another faux pas!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,334
    Drove back from Wisconsin yesterday. Left with having driven over 50 miles since previous fill up.
    Wife was driving and we had 56 miles on the DTE with a rest stop coming up and next one 58 miles away.
    Trip odometer was just over 390 miles, so I said let's see if we can make the next rest area, I wanted to get over 400 miles before we filled up.
    DTE hit zero just as we were taking the ramp to stop and fill up. Ended up going 452 miles, so now I have a good idea of the range.
    Whole trip was just under 500 miles in just over 7 1/2 hours with 3 stops, none very long.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert