Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Sienna Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• zman21zman21 Member Posts: 46
    where can i buy these cheap? does anybody know how are they installed on the sienna? does anybody know any alternative to the oem part?
    thanks in advance!
  • cdrobertscdroberts Member Posts: 13
    I was looking at the Cargo Net at Toyota-Parts.com and can't really tell how it is designed. Does it just keep things from shifting or will it keep things contained in a crash situation. I worry about the stroller I keep in the rear of the van, behind my three young children. I'm looking for a way to secure it along with a few other items I keep back there.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Carole
  • jasdmwjasdmw Member Posts: 118
    I had the dealer throw one in on my deal. Although tough to describe, I'll give it a shot. It is installed on 2 anchors mounted about waist height in the trim covers of the left and right side pillars inside the rear hatch. It is removeable as it has 2 loops of nylon which mount into the hooks of the anchors. It is NOT supported or mounted on the bottom. It is a nylon mesh "pouch" design, in that the idea is to separate the pouch along the top surface (elasticised) and put your stuff into the pouch. If your stroller is one of those small, fold up types, it should fit. Hope I didn't confuse the issue. I use mine regularly for all kinds of stuff. Keeps smallish things from rolling around in the back.
  • davemmdavemm Member Posts: 33
    Can anyone tell me where to get some custom fitted cotton seat covers for a 2002 Sienna?

Thanks
  • jeproxjeprox Member Posts: 466
    dealers carry them but expensive as hell! check out parts places or seat cover stores.

what i did for my van is i went to a fabric store and bought yards and yards of towel material cloth. draped it over the rear benches and it works great! cost me a little under C$100! doesnt look professional but it works and if u have tinted windows, no one can see them and criticize you!

the front seats, i used generic seat covers from the local parts shop. in our area, complete set of seat cover for sienna is over C$500!

works for me!
  • bobsmith3bobsmith3 Member Posts: 14
    I had a small tear in the cushion in one of my front seats. 1999 Sienna. A local upholstery shop was able to get, with NO problem, the actual (and I mean EXACT) fabric, with which he replaced the damaged section. Removed the cover, pieced in the new piece, and replaced the cover onto the seat. $70 US out the door. Looks perfect. The point is, it may be best to just use the upholstery as is and deal with it if and when problems arise, 'cuz its not so prohibitive to repair/replace them. (just don't go to toyota...they wanted over $400 to sell me a new seat cover) BTW...I routinely use an inexpensive "cool cushion" to protect my upholstery from sweaty and/or dirty clothing.
  • lynne29lynne29 Member Posts: 46
    Target has grey and other colors in a stretchy type of T-Shirt fabric. We use them and they fit well.
  • lynne29lynne29 Member Posts: 46
    Any one have any luck with roof-top carriers for Sienna?

How about the behind-the-van type that goes on the tow thingy?

Thanks!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    "Generic" cargo box info can be found in the Roof/Bike Racks and Cargo Carriers (OEM, Thule, Yakima) Board.

Steve
    Host
    SUVs, Vans and Aftermarket & Accessories Message Boards
  • ajcaiajcai Member Posts: 4
    There is a mention of Broadway wide-angle mirror (clip on) in the post #50.
    I'm curious where I can buy this mirror. I asked a few auto parts store nearby,
    none has the mirror.
    you can try at aftermarket parts store. usually car accessory shops run by asians would carry this.
    Jeprox,

I cannot find any store here in MN that carry the Broadway angle mirror.
    Do you know any store that can mail order this?
    sorry, i don't know of any stores in our area that have mail order. i personally like broadway coz the quality of mirror they use is first class and it's made in japan.

see my following posts
    try the following link
    www.mg-usa.com/products.asp?subCatId=29
    go to yahoo and search for "broadway rear view mirror". tons will come out for you!
    i tried to cut and paste but it won't let me coz of the limit on characters!
    buy the ones that are wide angle convex BUT shows u a true image and short in lenght so that when u flip down your visor, you won't hit the mirror! the flat ones are no good coz it's the same as your OEM, you have blind spots. i use the wide angle convex type that gives a true image.
    there are 2 types of curved convex, one of them doesnt give the true image (much like your right-side mirror). another type is curved convex but it gives u true image

many stores sell them online!
    Thank you. I ordered one.
  • ryceloverrycelover Member Posts: 1
    I recently cracked my passenger side mirror. The housing is fine and the electrical motor is still working and I am able to adjust the mirror as usual. Is there any third party replacement side view mirrors available for 2000 Sienna? My Toyota repair rep says it'll cost over $260 for new mirror (parts + labor). He said Toyota no longer makes the stick on mirrors; the new ones come in its own plastic black housing and he needs to take the door off the get to wiring for electric power mirror to work properly. This seems like a little overkill for a cracked mirror. Anyone have similar experiences? Anyone know where I can pick up a 'replacement' mirror - just the reflective mirror alone?
    try looking at junk yards for used mirrors for sienna. doubt you will find any but it's worth a try.

power mirrors are very expensive! i recently replaced my sisters driver side power heated mirror on her 1997 camry. the cost is C$350+, but we were able to get a discount so total price still came out to around C$280 (taxes included)!

take the door off???? that toyota rep must be on drugs! the most you have to take off is the inside panel of the door. you DON'T need to take off the whole door to get to the wiring!

buy the mirror and do it yourself and save the money. not that hard to do. it took me 30mins for my sisters camry. all you have to do with the wiring is unplug the old and plug in the new one. depending on the design, you probably dont even have to remove the inside panel - probably just loosen the screws.

i didnt have to remove the panel for the camry, loosen the screws, pry a little bit and thats it.
  • joefroejoefroe Member Posts: 4
    A friend of mine cracked the mirror on his car and was facing a $200+ cost for a new one. Instead he went to a glass store and had a new mirror cut out in the shape of the old one for $10. He then removed the cracked mirror and glued the new one in place.

Problem solved, no diassembly of the door! He had the car for several years afterward with no problems. This may work on your Sienna. Best of luck.
  • 02sienna02sienna Member Posts: 2
    I have just purchased a 02 Sienna and would like to protect the front end from the inevitable bugs and chips. I have seen some plastic shields and have seen pictures of the vinyl bras. I am leaning toward the full bra. Any ideas? Also, I noticed the 2002 has a new product number for the bra. I thought there were no body changes from 2001 to 2002? Anyone know what makes the new bra different? Thanks.
    full bras are nice but they are a major pain to install and remove! i have one and i end up just using the hood cover! the piece that covers your bumper is such a big pain to install!

i think that if you dont have painted bumpers, just buy the hood cover. what i also did for mine is i removed the whole front grill and bought a big piece of screen and installed it behind the grill to protect the radiator from bugs, rocks, etc. i think mine is a vinyl screen type of material. it's soft and flexible. it covers from the top and all the way down to the bottom. after i installed the screen, i re-install the grill.

works great in catching small rocks, bugs, etc and keeps your radiator clean and good!
  • dfh60dfh60 Member Posts: 2
    I just installed a Hidden Hitch Class I style, very easy to do. Now, does anyone know where a wiring diagram is for my 2001 Sienna or has anyone already done trailer wiring and if so how?

If anyone has the factory toyota part number for the factory wiring harness I'd appreciate that as well, sounds like a more expensive but cleaner solution.
    Thanks,
    dfh.
  • 8u6hfd8u6hfd Member Posts: 1,391
    Try looked at a 3M Clear Bra or equivalent. You'll get the stone protection, and the paint will fade just like the rest of the car. THe Vinyl bra will cause a color mis-match down the road and at the edges, causes scratches in the paint. The Clear bra requires pro installation and costs much more.
  • toyolexustoyolexus Member Posts: 2
    Try JCWhitney.com. They have all kinds of seat covers. And they vary in price. From cheap to pretty darned expensive.
  • toyolexustoyolexus Member Posts: 2
    Mobilevision makes a couple of consoles for the Sienna. One with a VCP and the other with a DVD player. Wal-mart has the VCP model for around $400. While Sam's Club has the DVD model for $450. Both come with a 9" TV w/remote and 2 headphones. Both models can also have PlayStation/Nintendo/Sega Saturn gaming machines hooked to the console(s). I opted for the DVD model because the DVDs require very little storage room verses a VHS tape. All you need is a CD carrier that'll hold 1 to 2 dozen CDs and place it inside the DVD Mobilevision console. Plenty of movies, very little space used.
  • mayerofrfmayerofrf Member Posts: 33
    Does anyone know which K&N air filter will fit the 2001 Sienna's??

Will it be the same one that fits the Camry??
  • zarnsazarnsa Member Posts: 1
    I'm a step behind -- just got my 2002 Sienna and am thinking about getting a Class II Hidden Hitch, but am a bit concerned about the instructions I found at the HH web site that say something about needing to lower the muffler on 2001's -- I assume the same will apply to my 2002. Is the muffler issue troublesome?
  • kendall69kendall69 Member Posts: 13
    Anyone know where to get a cargo mat from the 2nd seat back. the ones I found are 3rd seat back.
    Thanks
    Myself and another gentleman on this site have been trying for a while now to get K&N filters. As of now none exists. Check these message boards (this and Sienna general) and see the history.
  • junlochejunloche Member Posts: 5
    I'm looking for floor mats for sienna 2001. any suggestion is highly appreciated.
  • thewolverinethewolverine Member Posts: 111
    junloche - Well you can always buy a new Toyota set from your dealer or buy the same from a discounter (Metro Auto Parts in Canada or the folks down in Grapevine TX.). If you're lucky the cheapest option may be to buy via E-Bay if the color needed is offered and you're willing to trust.

Another option is to buy all weather mats. I have the Weather Tech - quite expensive for all 3 areas (front, Back, 3rd seat). And the fit is not perfect, especially in the back and 3rd seat - had to cut them down. But they are the best all-weather mat I've ever seen.

Other Sienna owners I know just flip the mats over in Winter - not a lot of capacity though for snow, dirt and ice like the Weather Techs have.

The folks from McNeil actually just put the Weather Tech name on these mats which are made in England I believe. I bought mine through a discounter on the Internet.

meyerofrf - see my earlier posts on K & N for the full story but in a nutshell - it would be the 33-2145 IF it was available - it's being retooled due to fit and finish problems. No ETA! I'm bummed as are others.
  • jelhz43njelhz43n Member Posts: 44
    Check these sites
    www.toyotaguys.com
    www.toyota-parts.com
    i have the OEM mats and i also went to home depot and bought these carpet runners that has rubber back and carpet type material on top.

i've cut them out and place them on top of the OEM carpet mats - on top of these are my rubber mats! so i have 3 layer of mats! :) it works really good in protecting your vehicle carpet and also keeps your OEM carpet mats clean and easier to vacuum. i do this for all my vehicles and by the time i sell my car, i have almost brand-new carpets and OEM carpet mats!

just a suggestion.
    So you see the difference in approaches - Jeprox is creative and self-reliant while I take the lazy route and just buy something! LOL

Oh Well - I put the effort in on the detailing and waxing side.

Seriously Jeprox - a great idea!
    thanks! :)

i always like to keep my carpets clean! i also try to wax at least twice a month during summer time.

i also have this bug screen at the front that covers the whole front (left to right) and sits behind the grill. :)
    I'm using Black Armor front floor mats. they are liped so that water and dirt will not flow onto the carpet. But thin whick I like since it offers up more leg room.

Look at their site:

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts.cfm?categoryid=1&subcategoryid=1&partfamilyid=1

Just installed new Canadian Toyota OEM Mud Guards on my 2001 XLE.

While the guards were painted, the silver was a shade warmer than what's on the Van - not an issue for me but it might be for others.

Installation was a snap, took about 1 hour with a little drill time included.

Got them from Metro Toyota parts out of BC in western Canada.

Hopefully will keep dirt off the rear window and out of the sliding door rollers.
  • pjksrpjksr Member Posts: 111
    Has anyone removed the emblems from their rear door ("Toyota," "Sienna," and "XL/L/or CE")? I personnally don't like them. They didn't start peeling off after heating with a hair dryer, and I wanted some experienced input. They are just stuck on w/ adhesive, right?
    Check out the Badge/emblem removal techniques discussion.

Steve
    Host
    as far as i know, most (new) toyota emblems are stuck on with adhesive. if you plan to use the emblem later, don't heat it up too much or it will melt! if you don't care about breaking the emblem, you can wrap a wide flat screwdriver w/cloth and carefully pry off the emblem. i've done a camry 1999, tercel, corolla and echo. all are stuck on with adhesive

u can use the risky method - use a razor blade and slice it between emblem and adhesive. i used this method before BUT u have to do it with extreme caution or you will end up with a big scratch.
  • rudy2000rudy2000 Member Posts: 32
    Yea, don't let any one know you bought a stripped Mini van. LOL :)
    I know there was speak of an issue with K&N air filters for the 2002 Sienna. I found that Stylinconcepts.com offers the 332145 K&N Replacement Air Filter 1998 - 2002 Toyota Sienna - 3.0L

Is there still an issue with this model?
    Just went to the K&N Site, still no lisitng for the 2001 Sienna. I'd be sceptacle about the model years that filter you mention applies to. The engine changed in 2001, so I have my doubts it will fit. If K&N site doesn't list it, it probably doesn't have one.
    Anyone out there put a deflector on their suroof? I'd like to hear your comments about brand/model and experience regarding reducing wind noise with the sr open.

Thanks
  • collins14collins14 Member Posts: 39
    I currently own a Mercury Villager and am considering buying a new Sienna. Does anyone know where to go to put a keypad entry system on the door like all the Mercurys have? Has anyone ever done it or know who I can contact? That is the option I will miss most from my villager.
    Not sure why you would miss that, but then never really understood why Ford put a keypad on anyway. To my knowledge, they are the only ones that do.

The Sienna comes with 2 key fobs for remote access, including the sliding doors. I can open mine from inside the house. Makes loading the laptop and lunchbag a lot easier, for both me (divers side) and the wife (passenger side).

I doubt that you could ad a keypad without installing an aftermarket alarm system that integrates into the factory electronics. I would be hesitant to do that, even if the installers assure you they can. Messing with the electronics in new cars can be a reason to void a warranty.
    i personally dont like them.
    if you want to have this on the sienna, it can be done with aftermarket systems but it would mean cutting a square hole on your door to fit the keypad! do u realy wanna do this on your new sienna?!?!

you can install aftermarket systems that will actually pop your door open with one press of your remote. most of my friends have this installed for their car doors/trunks.
  • collins14collins14 Member Posts: 39
    this is one of those options you don't know you love until you have one. It is probably the most useful option on my villager and it is fairly well decked out. We do a lot of sailing and canoeing and we just leave the keys in the car and do not have to worry about losing them in the water.
    The kids also can get into the car without us having to give them the keys - for example when they forget something at the ball fields. We use this option constantly.
    Does anyone know what aftermarket place would do this?
    Interesting, collins14. I always thought keypads looked kind of cheesy and thought the fob on my Quest was very handy. It would be nice to do a river trip and not worry about losing keys when you flip and the drybag with the keys in it gets ripped off by a rock....

Still, gonna be tough finding one to install. Try contacting the Specialty Equipment Market Association. Maybe they can point you to someone.

Steve
    Host
    I was thinking of replace my headlights with Sylvania cool blue bulbs in my 2002 Sienna for better light. What style bulb does the 2002 use? The manual has a dash where the buld type should be. The 2001 Sienna's take a 9003 I believe.

Thanks