Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Toyota Sienna Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• Options
    heywood1heywood1 Member Posts: 851
    Can you install it yourself? Or is this a job for a body shop?
  • Options
    kmeadkmead Member Posts: 232
  • Options
    elizabelizab Member Posts: 10
    We tend to accumulate a lot of trash because our daughter likes to eat in the car. With are last car, it ended up on the floor a lot of the time. Now that we have our pristine new Sienna, I can't bear to do that to it. My husband noticed that it has a large compartment in the center of the dash that maybe could take a bag and be used as a trash compartment (we wouldn't put anything that would rot in it). We could also get a trah bag that straps around the seat. Any suggestions? What do you do?
  • Options
    lok888lok888 Member Posts: 1,788
    Why auto markers don't think of this? We have cupholders, grocery bag hooks, maps/magazines pockets, under seat storage bin, map/reading lights and some cars used to have ash trays on all doors. I think they don't want you to eat all the food before bring it home.
  • Options
    sylshopsylshop Member Posts: 6
    Dealer tells me that dealer instructions do not indicate any problem of putting front mudguards with Running Boards. Also they only come in Black.
    Most aftermarket websites say front mudguards cannot be installed with Running Boards. Also they come in color.
    1)Does anybody have front mudguards WITH running boards?
    2)How about Color?
    3)What's a good deal in A/M & where?

On a separate note, thank you kenhall64, garnerj & heywood1 on your feedback for #402. I dropped the burlwood, it's ridiculous what they want for two small pieces (what's Toyota thinking?; I was under the impression they were nine pieces that went on the doors, near shifter, etc... I went with security system and headphones. The running boards I may be able to get from somebody who has them but does not need them.
  • Options
    aloalo Member Posts: 35
    Stephen,

Can you provide a bit more detail regarding cost and effort? Thanks.
  • Options
    knaazilknaazil Member Posts: 1
    davenow, did you get the clear hood protector? we just purchased our sienna LE a couple days ago and i'm looking around at the options i would like to get before our 1st big road trip! if you did get already, did you install it and was it fairly self explanatory?
  • Options
    nicklesnickles Member Posts: 41
    See DAVENOW's post above with the link to that trd web site.

AND THANK YOU DAVENOW!!!
    awesome.. I have been looking for an accessory sit for weeks and havent found one that is complete, like this one.

I actually bought the regular sienna mudguards from my dealers parts dept. - and when they went to put them on (when the car was delivered) - they said it couldn't be done because of the running boards..
    so I had to return them..
    BUT -- you can do REAR mudflaps, and this trd link has the color keyed ones ! these prices are awesome as well.
    I purchased the color keyed door edge guards from a dealer is Louisiana -- he charged me full retail, which i said OK to -- because here in the southwest, no dealers can get some of the Gulf States options (like the color keyed stuff).
    anyway, this website would have saved me over $50.00 had I known about it sooner.

Once again THANK YOU Davenow.
  • Options
    steph280steph280 Member Posts: 20
    alo,

I don't think we can post links to other sites, but most of the nav retrofit info are on siennaclub, just do a search on that name. Email me if you can't find the site.

Cost is around $1600-1700 depending on what your existing stereo system is. If you have the 10 speaker JBL then you will need Solara nav, otherwise the camery nav will work. They are available from oemvalue. It is a drop in replacement requiring tapping only two wires into your van (for reverse and speed sensor).
  • Options
    davenowdavenow Member Posts: 171
    nickles - thank you EDMUNDS! :')

knaazil - very easy to install (did not get the clear ones). Came with simple instructions, but honestly was not needed.
  • Options
    nicklesnickles Member Posts: 41
    davenow - if you didn't get the clear ones, which did you get ?

I agree with another poster who said the bug deflector makes it look like the van has a moustache..

I am on the fence about www.magnetbra.com
    I saw a picture of one on a gray Sienna, and it looked great..
    anyone had any experience with them ?
  • Options
    davenowdavenow Member Posts: 171
    i guess i would call it "dark grey"?

it's the tinted plastic ones, which i thought were the only ones you could order. i did not have the choice to select the clear ones.

i think i would still prefer to have this one rather than the clear ones if i had the choice.
  • Options
    cmancman Member Posts: 2
    Does the factory DVD player have rear radio as well? Can you listen to 2 different radio stations if the rear passengers are using their headphones? Thanks
  • Options
    devsiennadevsienna Member Posts: 70
    The manual is not too clear on this, but it would appear that the only way to listen to 2 different radio stations (1 for the front, and 1 for the rear) is if one is AM and the other FM. Otherwise, yer out of luck.
  • Options
    weedshastaweedshasta Member Posts: 85
    I have never had a dashboard cover, but looking at that huge expanse of vinyl made me think about it. Has anyone gotten one? I assume there are aftermarket suppliers? I think they used to sell them (to order) at Costco. Or can I just use Armorall to keep it from cracking? Thanks.
  • Options
    raydahsraydahs Member Posts: 449
    I travel through your neck of the woods a few times a year on my way to Bend, Oregon...nice place you live in.

I think the days of cracking dashboards are over. Back in the day, dashboards were thicker due to the possibility of someone hitting it in an accident. With airbags in place now, dashboards have thinner padding and the material technology has probably eliminated cracking issues.

One thing to watch out for with Armorall, adding a sheen/reflective surface that is projected onto the windshield could be annoying. You might want to lay a sheet of Suran Wrap on the surface to see what happens. While test driving numerous vehicles prior to getting the LE AWD, I noticed certain vehicles have a higher reflective surface than others, due to materials used and the pitch of the windshield.
  • Options
    Yes, I look right out my front window at a postcard view.
         I tried a little Armorall. I sprayed it on the rag rather than on the dashboard, so it is a very light coating. Drove back and forth to Medford today and there was no reflection. Of course it was not a fiery bright day - kind of overcast.
          Wow, you mean something has become obsolete before I ever got one?
  • Options
    keeblerdaxkeeblerdax Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone!
    Looking for ideas on seat covers to protect rear split leather seat and middle row captain chairs from golden retrievers. Are any waterproof? How do they attach to the seats especially the third row split? Just bought Sienna XLE - have show dogs, and travel a lot so I need to protect it. Any help would be great!

Thanks.
  • Options
    stewardrobbinsstewardrobbins Member Posts: 41
    I've used Cabelas universal fit seat covers for my Bouviers. They have elastic corners like a fitted sheet so they are quick to put on or take off. They are made of neoprene coated nylon, and they protect against water and dirt. www.cabelas.com
  • Options
    mwoodfammwoodfam Member Posts: 5
    We are very tempted to add a moonroof to our Sienne LE w/package #7 (always wanted one, we feel we need a little bit of luxury in our family friendly van). It's going to cost us about $1,500. Since the LE doesn't offer a moonroof it will be installed by someone affiliated with our dealer (Hudson Toyota in Jersey City, NJ). It will be covered under a 3 year warranty and wont affect the overall warrenty of the car.

My big concern is how it will look (as nice as the one installed at the factory?) and how is the quality. Will we get rained on? Will it whistle? Does anyone have any experience with this - or know anyone who does? Thanks!
  • Options
    buckeye1buckeye1 Member Posts: 41
    We bought "fitted" DB Cover from Toyota dealer for our 91 Previa. Still have same. It does cut reflection and heat from that muted blue metal surface. Can't imagine not having a cover. I'd buy another, if available, when we purchase new Sienna one of these days.
  • Options
    lok888lok888 Member Posts: 1,788
    One dealer told they can do it for around $1200. It has to be installed at port or send the car to someone affiliated with the dealer, usually other than auto glass shop. I did buy my van somewhere else with no add-on sunroof. I am sure it will look as same as the factory installed sunroof.

Hey! Even factory installed sunroof on some cars may have problems like clogged drain hose which cause water leak. I think this should OK as long as it is cover by warranty. My only issue on my other car with factory installed sunroof is rattle (when hitting bumpers) when it is half open/close.
  • Options
    san diego ltdsan diego ltd Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone know which floor mats you're supposed to get? I paid extra for floor mats but was surprised to find that a mat for the back/trunk area wasn't not included.
  • Options
    wildredwildred Member Posts: 43
    Congratulations on your new Sienna! I have had mine for three months now and absolutely adore it.

The well behind the third row seats are for the seats to be folded into. Therefore there's no floor mat included for that space. Technically, it's not *floor*.

You could ask your dealer's parts department if they carry the cargo liner (list price $89.99). ToyotaOfDallas sells it for $72.44. WeatherTech makes one for the 2004 Sienna too ($89.95). These are high quality perfect fitting liners with raised edges to keep the accidental spill in. They are also easy to clean.

You do need to remove them when folding the third row seats. Because the seats have to be anchored in the well so they wouldn't bounce out unexpectedly.
  • Options
    san diego ltdsan diego ltd Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the information. I'll follow up on it.
  • Options
    If you are mainly concerned about spill protection, other discussions on Sienna boards have recommended the Rubbermaid Roughneck Totes. They are around $4-5 each and 3 of them fit in the rear well exactly. I have the 18 gallon ones, but there are also shorter ones. And they nest together when not in use. They are perfect for groceries. Also because there are 3 of them, you can still use 1 or 2 with one of the seats folded down.
  • Options
    schnitzyschnitzy Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I'm looking to purchase some aftermarket headphones compatible with my 2001 Sienna rear entertainement system. Anyone know what technology this system is compatible with? I was thinking of getting either

Clarion WH104H IR wireless

or WH105H RF wireless headphones.

Thanks
  • Options
    headers8headers8 Member Posts: 23
    The manual says, that one should consult the dealer first, before installing a twoway or CB radio in the Sienna. I am not sure what the reason for this is...
    Has anyone installed a two-way or CB rdaio in their Sienna? I am planning to install a CB radio using a cigarette lighter plug for the power connection and a magnetic base antenna
    Thanks.
  • Options
    filodfilod Member Posts: 189
    When I bought the Sienna for my wife, the important options that I looked for was to enhance the safety feature of the car so I decided to get the LE with Package#7 that includes vehicle stability control, traction control and rear disc brakes.

Wife is happy with the Sienna, I feel comfortable with the option. Now it is time to have some wishes -

1. Fog Lights if it can be installed
    2. Rear spoiler mainly for the looks
    3. The hood protector, hopefully to protect from debris and also for the looks
    4. All weather mats

I read somewhere that maybe the clear hood protector is a better choice. Can someone direct me to the site I can look at for this one? Although the one being sold by Toyota, if I can't the clear one, will also be ok

Anyone has added the spoiler? Fog lights? Any problems with installing them? Thank you
  • Options
    nlmtwonlmtwo Member Posts: 2
    Hello everyone

We are looking at purchasing an 04 Sienna. We like the XLE best, but the LE fits our budget. We don't like the LE's center tray as well as the XLE's center console. Is it possible to remove the LE's center tray and add an aftermarket console?

Thanks
  • Options
    headers8headers8 Member Posts: 23
    I am planning to buy an in-between front seat console box from Wal-mart and install it on my 02 Sienna. The box requires that it be screwed to the van floor (and maybe drilling too). Has anyone done this on their own? If I drill the holes (per installation instructions), would the holes go through under the van? which I dont really want...
    Also want to be sure that I don't leave a very obvious hole marks on the floor if I decide to remove the box later on...
    Thanks.
  • Options
    raydahsraydahs Member Posts: 449
    See raydahs "Toyota Sienna 2004+" Jun 1, 2004 11:44pm
    I've searched high and low for a replacement w/o any luck! I'm even searching the junkyards locally for the standard XLE console. I can't believe I'm the only one having issues with this stupid table!
  • Options
    taishopaultaishopaul Member Posts: 6
    I just added toyota spoiler on my 2004 seinna awd limited tpday. looks good. Purchased spoiler from toyota parts dept. and had them install same. total cost is over $500.00
  • Options
    filodfilod Member Posts: 189
    Thank you.

Yup, I agree looks great!

I also had mine done by the dealer with almost the same price....Little expensive but I was more comfortable that the dealer do it.
  • Options
    siennafanxlesiennafanxle Member Posts: 3
    Hi , I have recently bought Sienna 2004 XLE with moon roof and rear audio. Now I wish to aftermarket DVD. I have DVD pre wire. I dont know hwat exactly it means. Has anybody added DVD on such combinition?
  • Options
    siennafanxlesiennafanxle Member Posts: 3
    Hi ,
    I have recently bought Sienna 2004 XLE with moon roof and rear audio.
    Now I wish to aftermarket DVD. I have DVD pre wire. I dont know hwat exactly it means. Has anybody added DVD on such combinition? I want to add on roof. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    klinklin Member Posts: 54
    I just got my LE AWD, but I was told it has no back-up sensor (only in XLE limited).

Has anyone installed back-up sensor on LE, I noted some LE vans have the sensor.

How much will it cost? Is it useful?

Thanks
  • Options
    rhopfrhopf Member Posts: 29
    I just bought a 2004 CE and was wondering if all Sienna's came with a "towing package". Is there anything special I have to get added to the van if I plan on towing a pop-up trailer. I know I need the hitch and that stuff, I have heard you need a cooler of some sort. I thought I read somewhare that Siennas come with this, true?
  • Options
    computerguycomputerguy Member Posts: 3
    I have been looking for a set of floor mats that will cover all the critical areas - Driver/Passenger, Betw 1st and 2nd row, the aisle betw the 2 front seats and the 3rd row. I keep the seats in the 2nd row together, so there is a 'corridor' to the 3rd row seats when u open the passenger side sliding door. A recent visit to a beach prompted me to look for a set of floor mats which will cover all the areas I mentioned.

Are there any manufacturer who makes custom floor mats for the Sienna -04?
  • Options
    deepandeepan Member Posts: 342
    Any car parts store would have it. Here in canada i picked up the 5 mats mentioned for just under $100. These are deep mats so it will hold a reasonable amount of snow/dirt/water without spilling.
  • Options
    computerguycomputerguy Member Posts: 3
    I have bought mats from the carparts store and I am dissatisfied with the product. It looks shabby since its not custom cut for the sienna floor plan. What I am looking for is something that is custom for the Sienna and which will cover all the open areas.
  • Options
    samrus1samrus1 Member Posts: 11
    I looked at the WeatherTech.com for floorpmats and other stuff bu they seems to be litl expensive for a after market parts.
    They are charging ($145+$9=$155) for mats and $140 for cargo liner and $100 for window defelctor.
    Did anybody tried the ebay or other discount web sites for lower prices?
  • Options
    wildredwildred Member Posts: 43
    Genuine '04 Sienna all weather floor mats

$59.80 for the front and 2nd row
    $56.92 for the 3rd row

TRDparts4u.com

About $135 delivered
  • Options
    samrus1samrus1 Member Posts: 11
    Yes, I looked at the TRDparts4u.com and their floormats seem little different than the ones from WeatherTech.
    How does these floormats from TRD compare with WeatherTech's? Are they thinner than the ones from WeatherTech.

The TRD seems little cheaper than WeatherTech overall and also free delivery. Overall, are you guys happy with TRD parts (floormats, door sill, cargo liner......)?
  • Options
    klinklin Member Posts: 54
    Hello,

Would appreciate advice on:

Hood protector - is it useful? does it need to be taken down during auto car wash :>?

Mats - dealer has recommended clear Toyota ($ 119) mats vs. all-weather ($194) . Will clear mats be enough?

Mud guards - are these nice to have or recommended?

Thanks
  • Options
    texasmomtexasmom Member Posts: 114
    You need to find out how much spilled fluid the clear Toyota mats will hold. I got weathertec mats for my minivan because they hold a high volume of spilled fluid. They've saved enough spills from overflowing onto carpet to convince me of their usefulness.

But, if somebody does spill coke on weathertecs, slow down slowly or intertia will make the drink slosh over the edge of the weathertec's "ledged up" edges. It will happen on a curve, too.

I'm still thinking about hood protectors myself. There are posts saying masks/bras needed to be removed if they got wet. How inconvenient is that? I don't think I'd do it, and if I didn't, what then? Paint damage?

There are some posts about clear plastic applied to backs of side view mirrors, hoods, headlights for $800 to $1000. People like them, but I'm not sure it would be worth that much to me, even if it did work well. Then again, the bug juice stains and such that have built up over four years are sad. Fortunately, I'm too busy to notice them often.

I'd also like to know if bug guards on hoods effect wind noise for better or worse.

And do mud guards matter much? If it has been raining the car is going to get pretty dirty and I'm going to want to get it washed anyway. Do they protect the paint job in some way? I guess I can remember driving through some newly surfaced road and ending up with little tar flecks stuck to the car that mightn't have been there if I'd had mud guards. So, do they prevent that?

Anybody with real life experience, please share. Thanks!
  • Options
    blangstaffblangstaff Member Posts: 2
    I recently rented a Sienna and found that it fits in my garage with only one measured inch to spare on either side of the mirrors. Not enough room for error, which means no Sienna for us unless I find some creative way to make this work. Modifying the garage to have one big door instead of two is pricey. Adding pipes to the floor, like at the car wash, to guide the car is tacky. Power folding mirrors might just give enough room to make this whole thing doable.

I can't find any options or accessories for the Sienna to add power folding mirrors. I wonder if there is a version of Sienna in another country that comes with this option, and I could get a mechanic/dealer to add them for me.

Any ideas? Thanks.
  • Options
    texasmomtexasmom Member Posts: 114
    We have the same problem. Like many families, we've got a wide mv and a narrow car. (If you ever design a house--remember, it works best to have 1 wide garage door.)

I drive wide mvs and they've never had power folding mirrors. Developed the habit of folding my mirror in (and back out) manually, which can be done from the driver's seat by just rolling the window down and reaching out to fold it. For me folding just driver's side mirror in is enough to make entry and exit safe. The power folding feature would be necessary if you had to fold BOTH mirrors in to get enough room. But, I assume that the power folding feature would still require you to remember to push a button.

Of course, the habit of folding the mirror in and out is like putting a seatbelt on--I fold it in everytime I enter my garage and I'm strongly programmed.

I will admit something, though. In my 2nd mv, about 7 years ago, I was leaving the house in a hurry. Somebody had opened the driver side mirror as the van sat in the garage. Family says it was the maid. Sure. Anyway, I started backing out and didn't notice the side mirror was open and "bang".

It was an expensive one with heated glass to prevent fog/frost and remotely adjustable mirror angling. Some kind of oil oozed out of the smashed glass. To replace it via dealer would have been about $500 w/ labor. I took it to Maaco and luckily did it for $250.

I'm a typical busy working mom w/ too much on my mind but I only made this mistake once in a total of 11 years of mv driving and parking in a too-narrow garage. If I can do it, anyone can.

After that accident I just added one more step to my "mental program"--put on seat belt, start car, check to see if anybody opened up my mirror, back out of garage, power down window, flip mirror back to the extended position. It sounds like a major hassle, but it only takes an extra 30 seconds. The mistake only happened once.

Even if you trash your mirror once a decade, it is cheaper than remodelling your garage door and probably about the same stress-wise. (Have you ever done even a minor remodel?)

Anyway, good luck deciding what to do. I am okay with my way of handling it.
  • Options
    nixxy311nixxy311 Member Posts: 2
    We are looking to add a DVD unit to our newly purchased LE. Is there one on the market that can be added to the LE that has the Rear Audio that will use the CD player - so you can adjust volume and stuff from the front.

How have other people added DVD units?

Thanks!
  • Options
    weili327weili327 Member Posts: 4
    I recently bought a pre-owned 2003 sienna XLE, but the previous owner lost one set of key and a remote control. Talking with Toyota dealers I was quoted a price for about $250 to get a duplicated key, a reomote and remote programming. Just wondering if there is any other source that one can get a duplicate key and remote control that would be a little cheaper. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.