Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Hyundai Azera Audio and Entertainment

Comments

• Options
    chilliwackchilliwack Member Posts: 189
    The switch does not allow you to change radio presets or CD's, but allows you to seek radio stations and change songs on individual CD's. I don't know if the '07 switch would work in the '06. Heck, way better than reaching over to scan at the center console.
  • Options
    azgrandazgrand Member Posts: 50
    The part that Dreamka4u sells is the '07 OEM contoler. The head unit on the '07's allows for more control features than the '06 unit, as I understand it.
  • Options
    floridabob1floridabob1 Member Posts: 1,190
    RE: 105
    Correct on both counts.
  • Options
    sergio19sergio19 Member Posts: 90
    I just installed the 07 Volume control that I received from Dreamka4u. Absolutely no problems and works great!
    Thanks all for the link and boy was it easy to do.
    I actually turned the steering wheel so that the volume switch was on the right side. Loosened the 2 screws, changed the switch, and placed everything back.
    I'm very happy with it!
    I happier about the price!

Thanks all :)
  • Options
    mbhollambholla Member Posts: 37
    Has anyone out there seen or purchased an '07 Azera with XM?? I was on travel and was given a choice between a Sonata or a Chrysler Sebring. Well that was a no brainer; but the Sonata had XM with the new audio controls. I loved having XM in the Sonata but have yet to see an Azera with this option.
    Do you have XM> Anyone??
  • Options
    theblackholetheblackhole Member Posts: 62
    Just so I understand...

Since I have a 2006 Azera, the 2007 steering wheel control sold by dreanka4u will NOT add the station /track change features to my Infity audio system, because it's a different head unit and wiring up to the steering wheel?
  • Options
    jaymagicjaymagic Member Posts: 309
    XM equipped Azeras are now being built, but only barely beginning to get to dealers.
  • Options
    allmet33allmet33 Member Posts: 3,557
    If you want XM/Sirius, then just upgrade the factory stereo system. It's really not that expensive to do and...you can keep the factory stereo in case you decide to trade/sell the car at a later date.

Not sure, but I think the only option you'll have from the factory is XM, but you can purchase aftermarket stereos that let you choose which service you want.
  • Options
    azgrandazgrand Member Posts: 50
    No, the 07 control will work with your '06 Infinity system -- it will add the capability to change a CD track up or down, and "seek" up or down to the next radio station. It has a little more functionality when hooked up to the '07 Infinity radio (change to next or last CD and move to the next preset radio station as I understand it).
  • Options
    RE: 112
    Correct. The 07 switch, which requires no wiring change, will advance (seek) next radio station or CD track, but will not permit the selection of presets of radio or discs.
    The 07 uses a new head unit.
    I'm hoping that someone comes up with a program or EPROM update which will allow 06 owners to upgrade the head without replacement.
    If anyone has any further information, kindly share same with forum members.
  • Options
    mwbmwb Member Posts: 1
    I am new to this site and was really interestd in what I saw about the steering wheel controls. When you replaced the switches, were there any changes to be made in the wiring?
  • Options
    grayfoxgrayfox Member Posts: 166
    No
  • Options
    RE: 114
    NO
  • Options
    Pioneer is introducing the AVIC D3 navigation system at the end of March 07.
    This system which will have a $1000.00 suggested retail price will have IPOD control and display, Blue Tooth Cellular phone connect, XM and Serius Radio etc.
    According to Pioneer, it will fit into the Hyundai Azera with the Infinity sound system. ( double din)
    I believe that Pioneer has an available interface that would permit the use of the steering wheel remote.
  • Options
    XM/Sirius will only be known as one entity after they merge.

Of course it'll fit, all double dins fit in the Azera.
  • Options
    RE: 118
    Mike,
    We went thru this before. Because of the rake of the dash, and the fact that a nav. system has a touch screen display that must be on angle parallel to the driver for proper use viewing angle, some manufacturers do not recommend certain models for the Azera. Other units, per manufacturers to whom I have spoken, advised that some of their models, although double din, are too deep for use in the Azera.
    With regard to XM/Sirus, the present information being deceminated by the companies is that there is no current plan to merge services if the merger is permitted.
  • Options
    Is this based on information from someone that THINKS it can't be done, or someone that may have tried to do it? It's funny, but there are so many "installers" out there that will swear up and down that a certain thing can't be done, but then when it's actually tried...it works.

Trust me...I was told that a double din radio wouldn't fit in the Azera period, by the good folks at Crutchfield (a very well respected car audio oranization that claims to do endless research to answer questions). Yet...I currently have a double din stereo residing in my dash.

The rake of the dash has nothing to do with the stereo itself. The dash kit that's used to install an aftermarket stereo keeps the stereo itself on an angle parallel to the driver. The face of the stereo WILL NOT be at the same angle as the dash. If you don't believe me, take a look at my stereo...

imageSee more Car Pictures at CarSpace.com

Also, if I'm not mistaken, there is one or two folks on the Hyundai-Forums.com site that have installed the Pioneer AVIC units in their Azera. So before you go trusting these so called "professionals", do some more research.
  • Options
    RE: 120
    Mike
    I'm not trying to argue the point that many things can be done by customizing the installation.
    My point is that when I have called the different manufacturers customer support centers, this is information that they are passing along to potential consumers.
    One would think that it would be in the best interest of the manufacturer to turn the customer on to their product rather than turn them away.
    If there are any folks who have successfully installed the AVIC unit or other in dash multi purpose units in their Azera, I would appreciate your posting your results and findings.
  • Options
    Bob,

It's not about arguing, it's about facts I know from experience. I've done the same calling you've done, only to be told a certain product wouldn't fit in a particular vehicle. Then when I actually tried it...it fit.

As far as my install goes, there's nothing customized about it. I used the dash kit that Metra provided, attached it to the aftermarket stereo as directed and put it in. Simple as that.

Go over to the Hyundai-Forums.com website and check there. I've seen a couple postings there where folks have mentioned the AVIC head units being installed.

Just for the record, Pioneer told me that the unit I have...wouldn't fit in the Azera either. What it boils down to is that you can ASK all the folks in the world, but until you've talked to someone that has actually tried...that information amounts to a hill of beans.
  • Options
    stcroixboystcroixboy Member Posts: 63
    Have you seen one yet? Is the roof aerial similar to the one on the Sonata?
  • Options
    hjc1hjc1 Member Posts: 183
    Can any one out their tell me what size the Infinty sub woofer is?
  • Options
    pahefner01pahefner01 Member Posts: 202
    To anyone looking for a new stereo installation, avoid Audo Express completely. Don't even talk to them. I had them install my Viper Alarm and they zip tied the alarm module to the upper arm of the brake pedal.
  • Options
    When I popped up the rear deck cover to access the input wires for the sub, I took a peek. I never actually measured it, but if I were to guess...I would say it's a 10" sub.

Are you looking to replace it with an aftermarket sub? If you do, you will definitely need to reinforce the rear deck so that it will be nice and rigid. I say this because it would seem you're looking for more output, which in turn would mean you would need an amplifier that supplies the sub with more power than the factory amp is doling out. Just a heads up.
  • Options
    I checked with Crutchfield and they say 8" is the size and that either the Infinity or Polk speakers would work without changing the factory amp. If these speaker are used they would require a separate speaker box with an internal volume of .35 cu ft.
  • Options
    What ever you use, make sure it has dual voice coils. I can assure you the factory sub is a dual voice coil model. When I tapped into the signal at the sub harness, there are 4 wires going in to it. I'm not sure of the color code to the wires, but I went with the assumption that it was (from left to right) +/-/+/-. It seemed to work without messing up the polarity of the other speakers, so I'm assuming that to be correct.

Yes, I could have looked it up, but at the time that I did it...there was no information available concerning the Azera sound system. However, it's a non-issue as I have replaced the factory radio and I now have a direct connection from the radio to the aftermarket amp.
  • Options
    areza1areza1 Member Posts: 14
    my sub is starting to make a horrible vibrating sound when playing audio with deeper bass

how do you get to the sub?...i need to get to it to see if i can tighten it up or somehow stop the vibration :confuse:
  • Options
    I'm assuming that this happens when you crank the music up, right?

To get the rear deck panel up, you have to remove quite a bit before you even get there. When you fold the rear seats down, there's a plastic panel that covers the sheet metal. Remove those screws. You'll also need to remove both side cushions for the seat back. Once you remove the black plastic paneling, you'll see screws that hold the rear deck cover down that you'll need to remove. Then, it's a matter of working it up.

Two things you can do...if you get the deck cover all the way up, get you some sound deadener like Dyna-Mat, Hush-Mat or Accu-Mat and apply it to the sheet metal of the rear deck (between the deck and the cover). If you can't get it all the way up, you can get some batting material (any fabric store or Wal-Mart carries it) and you can stuff it under the deck (not to thickly really). You just need enough of a cushion between the deck and the cover.

Also, check the covers to the child safety seat anchors. Sometimes those come loose and they vibratea when the bass hits. If you don't think you're gonna ever use them, you could always glue them down. Either that, or you're just gonna have to pop them down tight every once in a while.
  • Options
    areza1areza1 Member Posts: 14
    Thanks for the reply.

actually, i don't really crank the music up all that much...it's just the music with a little more bass than usual that causes the vibration...and i quit using the "Rock" EQ setting, which helped a little

sub started vibrating at around 9k miles...pressing down on the sub cover with my hand stops the vibration, so hopefully i can snug it up again

i'll try your suggestions :)
  • Options
    That's odd, I listen to a lot of bass heavy music and never had the problem until I turned the volume up to about 20. However, the times the car seat anchor covers popped loose, it didn't take much bass to make them vibrate and it sounded terrible.

Good luck and let me know your results!
  • Options
    For those Azera owners that want a unit that will definitely fit, here's the new Pioneer AVIC-D3 multimedia/nav unit...

Best AVIC-D3 deal on Ebay
  • Options
    RE:133
    Although the Avic Z is more expensive, it has lots more features such as hard drive, larger screen, blue tooth included (I believe) etc.
    There is a new AVIC Z soon coming out with even more features.
    I still have not seen a post from someone who has installed an AVIC in their Azera.
    Please post if you have done so, and add pics if possible.
  • Options
    Hey Bob, go over to Hyundai Forums and check over there. I've seen a couple of postings where the AVIC units were used.
  • Options
    RE: 135
    Mike
    Checked other forum, but still can't find an actual install.
  • Options
    trombatromba Member Posts: 1
    Could you post your installed photo?
    I am very curious about the installment procedure.
  • Options
    oztiboztib Member Posts: 4
    So after reading all the posts to this thread I need to ask a question and if i get flamed so be it....
    Q'..the Korean spec shows a 7 inch LCD up front with Nav & Aux as part and parcelof the sound system. Can this unit be fitted to our vehicles and if so why hasnt any one been down that road.
  • Options
    gamlegedgamleged Member Posts: 442
    Do a search for nav in the Accessories forum:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.f0ccc4e/411

... and you might find some info there...
  • Options
    oztiboztib Member Posts: 4
    No..!!.. nothing different from my first search...lots of mention regarding replacement nav systems such as Pioneer et al' but nothing in regard to the current system employed by 'H' Korea in their Granduer model...it has to fit up.
    Anyone ....
  • Options
    gamlegedgamleged Member Posts: 442
    Then it looks like YOU may get to be the "trail-blazer" in this... ;)
  • Options
    Can anyone confirm that the Infinity radio head on the 07
    Azera is Part number 96190-3L101B9?
    I have a radio head in hand with the above part number, but the dealership and Hyundai Consumer affairs claims that ther is no such part number.
    The part number that they have is 96190-3L100B9.
    They state that the part number is the same for the 06 and 07, although many of us are aware that they have different functions operated by the steering wheel remote switch.
    Hyundai Parts Distribution Center also claims that there is no part number 96190-3L101B9, and that 06 and 07 have the same radio.
    They have NO part number for cars equiped with XM radio
  • Options
    Just announced 2007's Ultimate Package will now include a 650w Infinity surround sound package with 12 speakers, including XM and MP3.
  • Options
    After purchasing an Infinity radio from an 07 Azera(part number 96190-3l101B9) I went to my local dealer to verify installation procedure. The parts manager checked his computer and stated that there was no such part number in the Hyundai database, even though I brought the radio with me, and he could clearly see the part number. He proceeded to call the Hyundai Parts Distribution Center and was informed that not only was there no such part number, but that the 07 radio was not compatible with the 06 model Azera, and would not work at all.
    I went home, and within one hour I has installed the 07 radio in my 06 Azera and was able to use all of the 07 steering wheel remote features such as select presets, etc.
    It is frustrating that even the corporate level knows little about their own products.
  • Options
    professionalrprofessionalr Member Posts: 5
    where did u get this information from?
  • Options
    The number you found on the radio maybe the mfg. part # not Hyundai's
  • Options
    Numerous sites have the Hyundai press release, just Google "Azera GLS" and you find the info on the new GLS model as well as the coming upgrades to the SE and Limited models/packages.
  • Options
    RE: 148
    The part number is definitaly a Hyundai part number.
    If you check my past posting, you will note that the 06 radio has an 00 in the part number, and the 07 has an 01 in the part number. These numbers were obtained directly from the Hyundai tags directly on the two radios.
    Even though the local Service Manager viewed the tags on the radios, the District Parts Distribution center claims that the 01 number does not exist. He was emphatic that an 07 radio would not operate in an 06, but it clearly does, as proven by my installation.
  • Options
    Bob...maybe they are talking about the newer '07 model radios that will come with the 605 watt Infinity system as being the ones that won't work in an '06. Other than that...the radios between the '06 and the early '07's are identical in operation with the exception of more control at the steering wheel remote.
  • Options
    Mike
    You are entirely correct. The newly installed radio permits all of the steering wheel remote functions on the 07, such as selecting preset radio stations etc.
    In order to achieve these functions there was an internal program or eprom modification. Thus the change in model number that Hyundai does not acknowledge.
    With the addition of XM there is certainly a model change, which at this point they do not acknowledge at all.
    Very poor communication from manufacturing to marketing to sales to parts to dealer service.
    We all know that they have an online service, which should be easily updated.
  • Options
    You know...with all the bumbling that's going on concerning the Azera, I'm starting to wonder how in the heck they managed to build such a good car!!! It's almost like this car was accidental.

Hyundai Corporate: Hey, let's build a car and say it's entry level luxury just for giggles. If it tanks, hey...it's a Hyundai, right?

Guess they didn't account for everything going right!!! LOL

If the regular Infinity system sounds as good as it does, I can't wait to stop by and hear how the 605 watt Infinity system w/surround sound performs!!!
  • Options
    stcroixboystcroixboy Member Posts: 63
    And the Ultimate package was increased from $2550 to $3100!
  • Options
    Does anyone know if the new audio system has Ipod input?