Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz C-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• hooslexushooslexus Member Posts: 4
  • volvomandovolvomando Member Posts: 8
    I am buying a 2008 C-Class in South Florida. The one dealer I dealt with would not budge from MSRP, and had nothing on the lot with the entertainment package. Anyone have a different experience?
    The prices really depend on where you live. I live in Northern California, and thanks to tips from jurisdr, I just bought a new c350 for close to invoice.

As for the multimedia package, cars equipt with this package was released later than the base cars. You should see more cars equipt with the multimedia package once the dealerships move out the base models and order the later released cars. Since most dealers have limited supply of cars with the multimedia package, you might not be able to get a good deal on them.
  • casper1022casper1022 Member Posts: 24
    Hi, you are fortunate to have found a dealer willing to give you $2k off the MSRP price, over here in Seattle..I have been dealing with about 3-4 dealers and the best deal I got was $1225 less MSRP, however I went with a dealer which was located like 10min away..I will get the vehicle $1000 over invoice which is the COSTCO auto buying program..only reason am getting it closer to home is the advantage of free car wash for the duration of the ownership of the vehicle and 1st oil change on the dealer..i tried contacting CALIFORNIA, dealt with a dealer in Los Angeles, he won't give a discount either since the vehicle is so in demand..I have to wait till end of January 08 to get the vehicle..
  • kyeungkyeung Member Posts: 9
    Hi hooselxus,

I live in Northern California and I am also looking for a C350. May I ask which dealer you went with that gave you close to invoice? If you can give me the name of the person and his contact info., that would be even better. Really appreciate your help. Thanks!

kyeung
    Hi hooslexus,

I live in Northern California and I am also looking for a C350. May I ask which dealership you went with that offered you $200 over invoice? If you can tell me the name of the person that you worked with, that would be even better. Really appreciate your help here.

Thanks,
    kyeung
    I bought my car from Autobahn Motors in Belmont. I highly recommend their online service. They were very upfront with me. Other dealers (Pleasonton and Smythe) offered comparable prices or offered to beat that price only after I told them what Autobahn had offered. I decided to go Autobahn because I felt like they were not playing games with me and also they are pretty close to where I am.

I don't think I'm allowed to post the sales person's name here. Best of luck.
  • babbabuebabbabue Member Posts: 1
    My girlfriend was hot to buy a C300 luxury. I had one day to research and strike a deal. I went into this knowing NOTHING about Mercedes. I went straight to Edmunds.com which I found when shopping for my Lexus IS250. I printed off the "Price with options" page showing MSRP vs Invoice, and went to my local dealer. I was in and out within an hour and a half.
    I offered $39K OTD, which was eventually accepted. I am posting this to help others. So if I got ripped, feel free to reply. If I did ok, please say so.
    C300 Luxury, (PO1)Premium 1 package, (320) Multimedia Package, 7.75% tax rate. I specifically said I did not want the iPod Integration Kit.
    (Supposedly there are only 4 like this on the west coast, so it's being shipped from Orange County, or LA).
    Thanks. May I ask how much you paid for your car? Is it C300 sport/luxury or C350? What is the color and the options it has? Thanks again for your help.
    Hi jurisdr,

For the price you got for 250 over inv, does this include the $500 IRG or you were able to ask them to waive this fees?

Thanks,
    kyeung
  • casper1022casper1022 Member Posts: 24
    Hi, I have been looking since August and would like to know which model did you eventually settle for? the 350 or 300? Which options did you purchase? I would be interested to find out what they will offer for this vehicle, I just emailed their internet department today. I am not from the Bay area but would not mind fetching the car if I can save and even if I have to pay the tax difference of about 2%. I will calculate everything before I make a decision if all the savings is worth it since I will have to fly to fetch the car and drive the car back to where I live unless they will cut me a deal and deliver the vehicle to me. Would appreciate any information on final price you settled? I am also aware of that advertising cost, over here in Seattle its like $600 and I am refusing to pay for that, the price which the dealer is giving me considering I am a COSTCO member is $1000 over invoice, most dealers are sticking to MSRP price though..Would appreciate any feedback..Thanks much.
  • be325be325 Member Posts: 91
    This Friday we'll sit down with the internet salesman at the local dealer (we never met him) and go ever details of the $34,500 OTD offer agreed through email.
    C300 Lux; Silver metalic paint (no other options; 6% sales tax). We think this is a reasonable offer but we'll know more on Friday. The car will be ordered. Any advice of what to look for in this type of transaction? Thanks.
  • brasileiraobrasileirao Member Posts: 1
    Hi Friends,

I'm very interested in purchasing a new C350 but have some questions that I'm hoping some of you with experience could help me with.

I'm currently leasing a 2006 Nissan Maxima SL - started Feb 2006 - end Feb 2009.

'06 Maxima SL
    MSRP = $34,195
    Cap Cost = $29000 (Invoice + $500)
    Lease Terms = 36 months/15K miles
    Residual = 58%
    Money Factor = .00176
    Cash Down = $2000
    Pre tax monthly payment = $359
    After tax (9.1%) monthly payment = $392

Would it be a smart move to break the lease to buy the new C-Class? So far the best I've found has been around 41 to 42K fully loaded. (premium and multimedia package)

In the long run would this be a smart move?

If anyone has any input I would greatly appreciate it!
  • volvomandovolvomando Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for the feedback. Just closed a deal.

C300 sport
    P1
    Metallic paint
    leather
    multimedia
    ipod integration
    $37,375 + tax

Comments welcomed.
  • cpsri99cpsri99 Member Posts: 2
    I apologize if this has already been discussed but couldn't find the message: Does the $250 over invoice include the multimedia package? All the dealers I talked to said they aren't discounting the cars with the multimedia package more than a few hundred off of MSRP. Has anyone had any experience in California with getting a car w/ the multimedia package for a few hundred over invoice?
  • keithrezkeithrez Member Posts: 12
    Test driving one tomorrow and have narrowed my choice down to this and a 328xi. The options I want in the car (or at least the ones I have to get based upon the packages MB has) are P1, Multimedia, Tele-aid and Metallic Black. List price is $41,400, and being in Manhattan, I don't expect any price reduction so i may have to go outside the city. Anyone have any thoughts on what price I may be able to negotiate and are those of u w/o the 4matic happy w the traction? I tested a CLK350 RWD in the rain and didn't feel it gripped that well. Tnx
  • williamcwilliamc Member Posts: 11
    Hi I am in NYC also looking into C350 w/ Multimedia pkg - I cannot find any dealers willing to go below the MSRP, can you tell me which dealers in NJ you got discount from? my email is wc@nyc.rr.com

thanks!
    I bought a Palladium C-350 with P2, multimedia pkg, 18" AMG wheels and iPod integration for $500 over invoice.
  • vicshawvicshaw Member Posts: 1
    Good Morning.
    I purchased a C300 Luxury Sedan with the Premium I package and 7-Speed Automatic transmission yesterday from a dealship in Albuquerque, N.M. I narrowed my vehicles to the MB or the Cadillac CTS, and the MB won hands down. MSRP for vehicle was $35,075. (sticker) and the dealership discounted the vehicle $1,500. although they said they are selling every car that is delivered in a couple of days. The vehicle I bought was the only one in stock and had been delivered yesterday morning! Seems like the C300 Luxury and Sport trims are "selling like hot cakes." I was happy to purchase at the price quoted.
    Hi Kyeung - where did you get that deal? very good deal..

I am thinking to get exactly the same as yours.. whats the OTD you paid?
  • keithrezkeithrez Member Posts: 12
    Hey William. I went to the dealer on 56th and Park. Dealt w a guy named Kevin Fox. I didn't LOVE the ride and my comfort level, so i may end up going 328xi, but what he quoted me was: C300 luxury 4matic, P1 package. I think list was $36,300, b/c he offered it to me @ $35,300, and said he took off $1000. He says that the 2 dealers in Manhattan are the only company owned dealers in the US, and thus they want to make sure they hit their quotas. Keith
  • faeuyfaeuy Member Posts: 6
    im planning to buy a C300 sport 2008 MB with premium 2 package, multimedia, and automatic transmision, are there any specific calculation to get the best deal, i want the price around +- $40k... is multimedia worthed? thx for the info... appreciate it
  • rfbkidrfbkid Member Posts: 2
    I got a price quote on a C300 Sport AWD with premium 1, multimedia, automatic transmission, pano sunroof, palladium silver, ipod, but no leather for 40,000. MSRP was 41,685

I was told that was a good deal (by friends), but i am still not sure... they are pushing me to lease.

the only flaw i hear in the multimedia is that benz doesnt provide navigation updates. as such, if you plan on keeping the car for a while then your nav may get outdated.
  • asa2asa2 Member Posts: 23
    I got a c300 P1 at 465/mo. just first mo, bank fees, etc. for inception in NJ. Is this a good number to start, how much room for negotiation is anyone finding?
    Hi rfdkid -

MSRP 41,685 for 40,000 is a good deal, where is your dealer?
  • rfbkidrfbkid Member Posts: 2
    hey -

It's in NJ. Where are you?
    I am in NYC, close enough, mind to share the dealers info? you can email to wc@nyc.rr.com,
    thanks!
  • orbitwhiteorbitwhite Member Posts: 9
    Hi. Are there any advantages waiting until year end to purchasing a 2008 C300? The dealers tend to be more motivated to sell, but are there any financing or other holiday deals?
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Go the day after Christmas on December 26th. You'll be the only person in the dealership in the middle of the week, end of the month, quarter, and year. It's their slowest week in most places. If you can't buy the car at your price that day, give them your number and walk out while saying: "This offer is good until I kiss my wife 'Happy New Year!'" If your credit is strong and you make a reasonable offer, you'll be driving that new Benz to your New Year's Eve party.
    I ordered a C300 4Matic White/Black with P2, Multimedia and Ipod for $39,000

That's a few hundreds over invoice, anyone in NYC or nearby wants the dealer info please email me wc@nyc.rr.com

I didn't expect to get as low as that!!
  • orbitwhiteorbitwhite Member Posts: 9
    I am in Southern California and started shopping around for 2008 C300 Sport quotes. Some dealers quoted $500 above invoice, but the quote is $900 higher than what Edmunds is saying is the invoice price? I can match the MSRP exactly according to my vehicle build, but the internet sites like Edmund invoice price seems to be off from what dealers call the "invoice price"?
  • jurisdrjurisdr Member Posts: 11
    orbitwhite,
    there's a $300-$500 IRG participation fee that's in the dealer's true invoice. I confirmed this by viewing the true invoice when I purchased mine. It's a marketing fee the dealers pay MB. It varies by by region w/CA having the highest IRG fees. It was $500 at the dealer I purchased from in the bay area. Edmund's invoice only reflects the destination charge and not the IRG participation as that can vary by region, vehicle, etc.
  • norcal5norcal5 Member Posts: 2
    I can confirm the IRG in bay area is $500. Just put a down payment on my 300 Sport for $300 over invoice. Car is in transit.

Anyone has any idea what MB dealer charges for extended warranty? Any other dealer offers I should seriously consider?
  • jrct9454jrct9454 Member Posts: 2,363
    Take your time and ask around using the internet on the extended warranty. They are heavily discounted by some dealers, but you have to do some digging to get the lowest price. DO NOT commit to this in the heat of the moment in the F & I office - you have a year or 12k miles before you have to do anything [you can go even longer than that, but then the price does go up].

In bygone days, the place to start was the dealership in Chico, CA...they had the lowest prices on the warranty. Don't know if that's still true...

In any case, remember you can buy it from ANY authorized dealer in the nation...it has an MSRP just like the car, and will be discounted even more.
  • norcal5norcal5 Member Posts: 2
    Can't get an internet quote since I live in Calif:

"The State of California has passed legislation that prohibits quoting or selling extended service contracts (extended warranties) to California residents by anyone other than the selling automobile dealer. In order to comply with this legislation of your state, we are unable to provide price quotes or offer to sell extended service contracts to California residents".

Anyone with MB dealer extended warranty quotes will be appreicated.
  • raymondw7raymondw7 Member Posts: 25
    i'm also looking for a c300 lease, what NJ dealer?
    I purchased from a bay area dealer. An additional 2yr/50k mile extended warranty was around $2300. I opted not to purchase it as I wasn't sure if that was a competitive price. I was informed the prices are about the same at other MB dealerships, but I haven't been able to confirm if that's accurate.
    We put 1k deposit. The basic C300 Lux with metallic paint. The taxable amount is $32,311 [plus sales tax, county tax, tag & tittle $2,188.00)]. We think 34.5k OTD was an OK deal, in comparison with what others are paying.
  • ginstarxiaoginstarxiao Member Posts: 6
    Where did you get this? I added up, the total msrp is $40,660. That is $3300 off Msrp. Can you share more info? I am looking for one similar.Thanks.
    Jeff
    Jeff, how did you arrive to $40,660?
    We told the man that our budget was $34,500 OTD. He then worked the deal backwards and there were several discounts, including $1,000 loyalty discount. We started some time ago with the EDP (Euro Delivery Plan) and then, when the difference between EDP and local purchase became less and less, we decided not to bother with the EDP (we are going to Europe anyway).
    Go to www.mbusa.com and try to build one without any options except the metalic paint. This is a stripped-down C300 Lux. It would be $700 less if we got white but the car looks better (to us) in silver. There was nothing on the lot for less than 36,000 as ALL cars had "Packages" and/ or add-ons. I hope this helps.
    The dealer is in Clearwater, FL.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    he wasn't replying to your post. If you look under his post title and above his post text, you can see the link to the post he was replying to.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

You're right gbrosen.
    Thanks
    Was the $1,000 loyalty discount an additional rebate/incentive? Before I purchased my C300, I checked both online and w/the dealer for loyalty incentives. I was advised by the dealer that MB wasn't offering any loyalty incentives or rebates. Was it a dealer discount and not an MB incentive?
    I think it was at the discretion of the sales manager ... to close the sale. After a few email exchanges with the salesman (who was insisting on higher $ numbers), the sales manager sent email to us stating that he (not M-B) would subtract another 1k as a loyalty bonus. The whole thing was negotiated via email.
    We were told (when we signed the papers) that our car will arrive late December or early January.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    I'm sure that extended warranty rule is Florida, not California and the dealer that sent you that message is confused.
    I have received extended warranty quotes from various dealers for other cars in California this year.
  • empsemps Member Posts: 2
    Picked up my new c300 4matic sport in NJ last week. Got a great deal on it. P2, MM, Pano roof, iPod, Teleaid, all weather mats for $2500 below msrp. Came out to $500 over invoice, plus they had the exact spec on the lot. :D
  • timeiseverthintimeiseverthin Member Posts: 1
    Hey peps I am looking to get a C-300 4matic with the multimedia pkg, pre 1 pkg. anyone out there know a dealer that is willing to deal. I don't want to lease.
    thanks in advance.
  • veestromveestrom Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have a good lease price they got from a dealer on a c300 Manual w/P1?. The price I'm getting here in MD is $460 w/$3k out-the-door. However, Edmund's is showing the same car could be had for $399 w/$3900 due at signing which is only $900 more. Something doesn't makes sense.
  • easynoneeasynone Member Posts: 12
    Hello,

I am in the market for C300 in NJ. Still haven't decided btwn IS 250 and C300 but almost leaning toward C300. Would you mind sharing dealership info? Please email me at easynone@gmail.com. Thank you.
  • caoyijiancaoyijian Member Posts: 16
    Here in Long Island, a few dealers offer pretty much similar deals. I got the following quote from two dealers (Huntington and Smithtown): C300 Lux 4matic P1 and MM, MSRP $40200, 15K, 39 month, 0.0028 MF, no money down, monthly payment is $620.
    Hope it helps.