Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• rashidirashidi Member Posts: 18
    Here's what I got in the DC area...

2003 e500, plat/ash, 5000 miles (demo, so 4yr/50k warranty till Sept. '07), panoramic, hands free phone, htd seats/steering, cd changer, Xenon and Headlight-washers. Sticker ~ $64,000 paid $52,000 and waiting on $1,000 rebate check from MBUSA. I believe the dealer told me you can also get $2000 rebate from MBUSA if you buy before the end of DEC. Absolutely wonderful experience on our 2nd Benz purchase from Herb Gordon. Also tried going to EuroMotor in Bethesda and both times (in 2000 and 2003) was a totally horrible experience.

Hope this is helpful.
  • weldone99weldone99 Member Posts: 26
    Does anyone have any buying experience buying a Mercedes from Globe Motor Cars in Fairfield, New Jersey. Recently obtain a favorable quote from them on a new E Class. It would be nice to have a little bit of insight on them before I jump in.I'm not from the New Jersey area.
  • mbisnotabimmermbisnotabimmer Member Posts: 7
    Bought an 04 E320 in Ohio. MSRP with all my options came to 60,140. I got the car delivered for 60,500.
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    The MSRP for an E320 is over $60k? It isn't a 500? What does the car have on it? Must be everything!
  • vicvvicv Member Posts: 41
    You must have a lot of tax up there in Ohio.
  • habitat1habitat1 Member Posts: 4,282
    Makes the two slightly used vehicles at my BMW dealer look very attractive: 2003 E500 sport w/7,500 miles for $45,900 & 2004 E320 Sport w/2,000 miles for $42,900. Even the 2002 E55 w/ 27,000 miles for $43,000 looks pretty good.

To each their own, but the E320 is just not a $60k car in my book. Especially given that I could have bought a brand new E300 tuurbodiesel in 1999 for about $42,000 nicely equipped. ($44.5k including tax). Other cars have gone up 10%-15% during that time, not 35%. And had a decline in customer satisfaction / initial quality to boot.
  • lehigh88lehigh88 Member Posts: 2
    I'm in the market for a used E320 AWD Wagon. Any feedback on these deals would be appreciated:

2003 - Black / Ash Leather - $43,900
    13,108 Miles
    E1, E2, Leather, Nav CD, 6-CD Changer, Heated Seats, Telephone

2000 - Black / Black Leather - $34,995
    24,000 Miles
    E2, Leather, Heated Seats, 6-CD Changer, Wood Leather Steering Wheel, Tinted Windows
  • mbisnotabimmermbisnotabimmer Member Posts: 7
    yeah, it pretty much has everything you can get on it except for the cell phone and a few other things -- i didn't realize the 500 was near that price when i was buying otherwise i would have gone for that.
  • siulobowsiulobow Member Posts: 5
    Hi folks,

As far as I know, Mercedes-Benz usually doesn't offer any discount for any cars. Today, I just went to a MB dealer in Jersey. They offer me $3000 off from MSRP. Does anyone have any idea why? Does MB start to offer discount right now again?
    Thanks!
    Relatively speaking, the 2003 sounds like a better deal. It's better equiped and only $9,000 more than a three year older car. The 2000 sounds overpriced by $5,000+. Look at it this way, if you could buy the 2003, drive it for three years and sell it for $9,000 less than you paid for it, you'd have made a hell of a deal.

My guess is that the 2003 stickered for around $55k and was probably bought for around $52k.
  • parfive9346parfive9346 Member Posts: 2
    Yes, it's true. The price of the 04 E320 4 matic can go over 60k.
    I ordered mine back in late Oct 03.
    Black w/Ash leather interior
    B-Xenon headlights
    Rear Seat package(seats fold down)
    Premium Pkg w/power rear sunshade, side sunshades, active ventilated front seats, driving dynamic front seats, command system w/voice control and navigation system, cellular telephone, CD changer, premium sound system.
    Sticker Price. $60,120.
    Paid $56,923
    Purchased from Feldman Imports in Bloomington MN. (That's a suburb of Minneapolis)
    To much sticker shock to buy the V8. I had to choose between the big engine and the options. The options won out. Besides, my hot rod days are long over. The V6 is pretty strong and so far gets decent gas mileage.
  • kwellkwell Member Posts: 3
    I am planning to buy either a used 2000-2001 or 2002 e320 wagon. I prefer to buy from a Mercedes dealer to avail myself of the Starmark and 2.9% financing.

I am getting very familiar with the inventory of these vehicles within a 100 miles of my home.*Thru browsing of dealer pre-owned website inventories.

My question is this-Is there a "standard" used car markup that dealers apply to their inventory? 20% -30% what?

I am trying to gather info that will allow me to know what "give" there is on used car pricing when I go to negotiate.

If there is a 30% markup will the dealer give a third or half of that back in a negotiation?

I have the time and money to wait for the right deal-but I am at a loss as to how to figure the margins the dealer may have to play with on their used car inventory.

Help!
    I can't speak for Mercedes dealers, but I am contemplating trading my 2002 S2000 for a 2004 Acura TL. The dealership (I know the owners) has been very open about the deal. The difference between what they would give me for the car ($22,500) and what they would put it on their lot for after a complete inspection and certification ($25,900) works out to about 15% gross mark-up. However, they claim the cetification process costs them nearly $1,000, which would reduce their net markup to more like 10%

They also sell Mercedes and indicated the proportions are about the same. However, I also shopped the S2000 around to a few other Honda delaerships, including the one I bought it from and they were all offering me less than $22,500 for it, so perhaps the average gross markup from dealers that low ball trade ins is more like 20-25%, less the cost of certification / Starmark.
    Thanks.

Frankly I was hoping the margins were a little larger-allowing for more wiggle room.

Anyone else out there want to weigh in?
  • bondguy1bondguy1 Member Posts: 231
    I went to a local dealer today. Looked at the 2004 E500. He told me that starting in 2005, included maintenance won't be included for free anymore up to 50K miles. He also told me I could get the car for $1,000 over invoice. He took list price with options and took 7% off...then added the $1,000 over. Is this a good deal on a E500? I don't know what to do because the 05's are coming in sometime in August. I have no idea with this car...let me know if this sounds like a gret deal or not? Thanks in advance.
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    Besides the change in maintenance, are there any other changes to the '05 that you or others have heard? If the '05's are unchanged, the deal sounds reasonable as the resale won't take as much of a beating.
  • weldone99weldone99 Member Posts: 26
    Considering the time of the year, it appears that the price is $500 high. I purchase a E320 ordered Jan 12 for April 1st delivery for 6% discount without any add on markup.
    I posted earlier looking for guidance on used pricing.

I did buy a 2002 e320 wagon last weekend. The "STICKER PRICE" WAS 42M

Paid $ 36.9K.

I like the car and it seems in excellent condition.

Hope this info helps others.

B
  • lcd1lcd1 Member Posts: 147
    A dealer in No. VA told me that they have a number of "used" CDI's. They're used with 20-30 miles on their odometer and because they were bought from dealers from NY, for example, where they cannot be classified as new. They claim that these used cars are not fleet cars or customers' rejects and would be eligible for new car loan. Their cheapest of the used ones is $54,900. Anyone with any comments about the dealer's claim and their price? How much mark-up should one expect to pay for a CDI? Thanks.

Luan
    I'm guessing you are referring to Select Auto Imports in Northern Virginia. They also had a E320 Wagon for sale with "20 single miles" for $47,900 a couple of weeks ago that I called on.

With respect to the CDI, although it's been much anticipated, I don't think there as hard to come by as might have been expected. They can be purchased (along with many other MB models) for a 7% discount on MSRP through European Delivery. I have a Pa. dealer willing to sell me one stateside for 4-5% under MSRP. Unfortunately, as good of a car as the CDI is, I sprung for an Acura TL 6-speed instead, wanting a little more sport at the expense of frugal gas mileage.

As for Select Auto Imports, I've not dealt with them, but I think their price on the CDI is a little high - certainly not as good of a deal as they were offering on the E320 Wagon.
    It was HBL of Tysons Corner. I think some dealers are taking advantage of the high gas prices... HBL seems to be one of them. I've never owned a diesel MB before. There seems to be a a belief that MB diesel engines last and last. One of my concerns, which include the exhorbitant prices, is the general reliability of MB now a day. The engine may last 400K miles but would other components in the car are reliable?

I have a Toyota Sequoia and a Volvo S70 now. The Toyota is not without problems and Toyota service seems to treat me like they don't care if I ever buy another Toyota again. Volvo may be safe and durable but you have to pay $$$$ to maintain it and keep it running properly. I hope MB's CDI will cure my the blues I get with Toyota and Volvo.
    We share the same concerns which, in part, was why I ended up with a Acura TL. My conclusions regarding the CDI were just as you are speculating - the CDI engine may offer some maintenance and long term durability advantages over a 6 or 8 cylinder gas model, but the entire car could still be potentially very expensive to maintain after 100k miles. A friend with a E420 had his transmission replaced at 75k miles under an extended warranty. Had that occurred at 100k+ miles, the price to him would have exceeded $6,000. That one repair would equate to over twice the total cummulative amount of repairs I incurred on a 1995 Nissan Maxima in 10 years and 155k miles.

My friend paid $55k+ for the E420 back in 1997 partially justifying the purchase based upon his prior experience with a 1977 240D (4-speed) which he drove like crazy for 250k miles on oil changes alone. The E420 is now worth $15k +/- and he's likely to sell/trade it shortly rather than keep it for any length of time out out of the extended warranty. The number of things that need to be maintained and repaired in a modern MB make the old 240D seem like a Honda lawnmower by comparison. I'm not sure any of us want to give up all of the electronic gizmos, navigation systems, ABS, 6-8 airbags, sophisticated suspension systems, stability control, etc. But I concluded that buying a 2005 E320 CDI was NOT a throwback to the 240D as a "buy it and forget it" low maintenance option for owning a luxury car.

So my conclusion was that the E320 CDI is indeed an exceptional car, but one I would likely only own for 5-7 years and 100k miles. And even if the 2005 CDI had better resale than the 1997 E420 currently has, that would still work out to a $30-40k depreciation for a relatively short period of time. At that point, the $33.5k Acura TL, with it's 6-speed and long list of standard features looked like a better option to me. If MB offered a 10-12 year 200k mile warranty at a remotely affordable price, I might have swung the other way.
    33.5K for Acura TL? That's a difference of about $23K that could by lots of gas. I don't know if Acura TL is in the same class as CDI but you got my curiosity. I'll check them both out.
  • tvo1tvo1 Member Posts: 9
    I got 2004 E320 for 47800+tax black on black with premium package last week.

Good price? I don't know yet. I have to wait couple months to see any problem with the car. I heard there are so many electronic problem with the car. Hopefully, mine is not the one.
    ..until you factor in the car washing and detailing expenses you will be incurring with black on black!

Seriously, I think the E-class looks great in black when its new and clean, but how does it hold up? My friend with an older black (non-metallic) E420 has a lot of swirl marks that were evident when the car was only 6-12 months old. Another friend with a silver S500 still looks like new. Are some Mercedes "blacks" better than others, given they have 2-3 to choose from?
  • lovemyclklovemyclk Member Posts: 351
    You posted on another forum... "I just purchased 2004 Black/Black with premium package for 52800. I am in So. Cal. Is it a good price?"

Hey, TVO1... which price is it? Did you pay 10.5% sales tax? Also, you paid 1st prior to doing research on the vehicle? Not an advised way to buy a car due to the real possibility of buyer's remorse.

Now that you have it, hope you enjoy it. The E320 is a fine car that you should enjoy driving. Develop a good relationship with your service advisor so that he/she expects that you will only demand the best from MB.

Also, don't be shy about running issues up the dealership flag pole should they surface. A premium vehicle deserves a premium ownership experience.

Unfortunately, my wife and I have found MB corporate customer "no-service" to be severely lacking based upon my wife's ML experience (a long story). My former MB (CLK) was a terrific car - no problems.

Hope you bought a winner...
  • tvo1tvo1 Member Posts: 9
    Sorry for the confussion. I forgot to notes that I paid 52000 which included tax and lojack.
  • dezdez Member Posts: 6
    2005 E320 Silver/Charcoal
    appearance package
    Premium Package
    NAV
    Seat coolers/heaters and Sunroof/Moonroof (these are apart of the premium package I think though)

I think it was stickered at approx $58,500 I paid $52,500 before Tax...

Dez
  • jlapcatjlapcat Member Posts: 7
    I have been offered a 2005 E320 w/ premium package for $49,000, before tax. Is this a good deal for southern california?
  • newcarnewcar Member Posts: 8
    2005 E320 4matic
    black/ash
    premium pkg
    leather

$52,750
  • rrcrrc Member Posts: 30
    I'm looking at a 99 e320 w/ 44K miles for $23,900. Bose stereo, moonroof, but no cd. Black w/charcoal leather Starmark certified, 1 yr/100K miles warranty. Haven't seen it yet, but dealer tells me its a creampuff. Would you guys buy it for that price? thanks
  • ncvolncvol Member Posts: 196
    Looks like not a lot of activity around here, but I'll ask anyway: Offered a 2001 E320 Wagon, 44k miles, Starmarked with the E2 package and heated seats. One previous owner, a lease. Carfax report checks out, service records pending. Price $28,827 plus taxes, and any additional Starmark years I want to buy. Thoughts?
    So, so IMO.

I looked at a 2002 4-matic w/ 28k miles, E2, Comand and Xenons for $32,500. It wasn't starmarked, but the private owner had a transferable 7/100k warranty. That seemed like a good deal, especially considering the car literally didn't have even the slightest ding or scratch on it (love diplomats that rent expensive homes with heated garages).

I could have purchased your vehicle new in June 2001 for about $45k ($2,000 rebate) because Mercedes wanted to clear out the 2001's dues to changes introduced in the 2002's. So $28.8k seems a little high (65% residual) for a 4 year old car to me. But the Wagon does hold it's value pretty well.

We passed after deciding we really need an SUV for our treks up into snow country.
  • ncvolncvol Member Posts: 196
    Terry over at the Real World Trade In Values thread says to shoot for $27,900, so shoot I will. I think this market isn't quite as saturated as the D.C. market to get better deals. I could probably get a better price up there, but there is a certain amount of convenience of buying local that's worth something to me. As for the private party vs. dealer, my Honda driving wife is insisting on a Starmark if I am to bring home a German make.

Thanks once again for your input. If you'll remember, I was on the verge of buying an E320 Wagon back in January, but at the last minute went with the "reliability" of Infiniti and a brand new FX35. Long story made short, the FX has been in the shop for 6 weeks straight with engine problems that Infiniti just can't seem to figure out despite numerous replaced components. Infiniti agreed to buy it back last week, and so here I am back with Mercedes, the car I loved all along.
    Sorry to hear about your Infiniti experience, but hopefully it will work out for the best. Good luck in your negotiations.
  • thinkinboutitthinkinboutit Member Posts: 7
    I sounds great. are you having any problems. i'm in the market for one, but a 2004 e500.
  • ckpckp Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at a E320 (in Southern CA) with the premium package (automatic & leather). What's a fair price to pay before tax for this car?
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,674
    You might want to price it out on carsdirect.com. Huge differnce in pricing SoCal vs. Boston...

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• roger48roger48 Member Posts: 5
    carsdirect is quoting 2005 E320 sedan at $5,900 below MSRP (or $2,850 below Invoice)for San Francisco Bay Area. Has anyone bought at this price? Can anyone share experience with carsdirect?
  • amritamrit Member Posts: 1
    I jus recently bought a 1997 e420 wit all the options the car runs great and it hella fast, i paid $29000(can) wit all taxes do u think this was a fair price??
  • googlezgooglez Member Posts: 4
    This is is Los Angeles CA

Leased a 2005 E-320.

MSRP 55190.

premium sound package, complete leather package, navigation, moonroof...

39 Month Lease

5,000 Down

450.83 a month (THATS WITH TAX INCLUDED)

Peuter color with charcol interior..

Is this a good lease? I just went in there right after entering a chrysler dealership (lookin at the 300). The 300 touring (not the 300c) was 24k msrp and they wanted 4,000 down with 400 a month (before taxes) for a 3 year lease... so i go into Mercedes, not even sure of buying, but just to see what the e-320 would give on a lease...

when he gave me that price, i figured.. if the 300c is askin for that much at 24k, a 55k benz is worth it..

I used to drive an 99 e-430, so there is now two E-classes in the family... which is my only regret.
  • valonvalon Member Posts: 22
    I own a 03 c class and had a lot of problems im looking to trade for a e class this is in northern jersey, would like to hear from people around three state area what price thay got from there dealers.

thank you
  • peterphaetonpeterphaeton Member Posts: 3
    Sounds like a great deal! Would you mind letting me in on the dealership? I would love one myself!
  • googlezgooglez Member Posts: 4
    Would have gladly sold my 1999 e-430 (black on black, disc changer, moon roof, premium rims, that package that has leather on the sides of the doors) for 24,000. It has about 90k miles on it. Always been serviced at Benz Dealerships, purrs like a kittin. litterly, i love the way that engine is so quiet and smooth.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,674
    FWIW: I was shopping for an E320 and while I really enjoyed the car (especially the interior!), in the end I just couldn't justify the $15k+ price over the Acura TL I did buy.

But, my father in Boca Raton, FL called to say a dealer down there was offering an '05 E320 for ~$46k. He wasn't sure what, if any, options that included...

As there's (or was, last I checked) $3500 factory money, one should be able to do even better?

Happy New Year!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• carsjwincarsjwin Member Posts: 12
    Anybody have any information on invoice price on the new MB CLS500 Coupe? For a new model like this in such high demand, is negotiation on price possible?
  • epp1epp1 Member Posts: 48
    51K miles, Desert Silver, beige interior. Offered at $23.9K. Probably a chance to go lower.

I'd been scouring the earth for a 540iT but decided I needed AWD.

Pricing seem solid. Thoughts? Getting it at or below wholesale due to Jan doldrums and need to move SLOB inventory (non MB dealer).

Thanks in advance,

Sean
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Member Posts: 910
    Invoice on the CLS500 is 6 to 7% off MSRP. Maybe if you give it time until supply exceeds demand, you might get a discount. In the mean time, let the dealer make his 6-7%, but don't pay crazy markups over MSRP!
  • SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    A reporter would like to interview someone who recently bought a large sedan such as a Mercedes E-Class, Lexus LS 430, Mercury Crown Victoria or any large Cadillac or Lincoln.

Please send your daytime contact info to [email protected] by Friday, February 11, 2005.
  • pr_chand01pr_chand01 Member Posts: 2
    I want to buy following new vehicle:

1: 2005 E-320, 4MATIC, AWD
    2: Exterior: Desert Silver
    3: Interior: Ash
    4: Options: a: Premiar Package
    b: Heated Front Seats

What would be my best bargain porice for new vehicle. Please share your experience.