Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• aleksisaaleksisa Member Posts: 11
    check www.fleetrates.com

or, check with your local MB dealer - looks like they have 3000-3,5000 incentive from MB on 2005 models, not 2006.
  • tk45stk45s Member Posts: 5
    10K off sticker price. The car had 75 miles on it after I test drove. Personally I think I could have done 11K off if I insisted.
  • savsav Member Posts: 7
    Can you elaborate more about the trim level and the actual price paid before tax?

Other details...
  • ypasypas Member Posts: 1
    This is a good deal! I am looking for something similar, can you post the dealer?

Thanks, Steve
  • tk45stk45s Member Posts: 5
    The 05 320 4matic wagon with premium package and heating package. Roughly 10K off sticker. The final price before tax is $49500.

I believe you can get 11K off at least if the dealer has the car you want. I was offered by a dealer 10K off but he needed to get the car from another dealer. And that car had 140miles on it. So I looked around further and found one. Somehow I managed to forget the fact that the dealer had the car in their stock (and could thus reduce the price more). So I'd say you can ask for 11K off, or even 12K. For me, to get 10K off was really easy -- there wasn't any tough negotiation involved. Everything indicated there is still some room. I'm at the bay area, CA.

However I'm not very sure how much that 75mile is worth. Does it count as a test car?
  • ed4040ed4040 Member Posts: 17
    Looking for purchase and lease pricing on a certified pre-owned E-320 4MATIC AWD sedan in the NY/Tri-State area. I've seen several on the MB website and it seems like the internet posted pricing is around $30-35,000 for vehicles with approximately 25-40,000 miles. I'm sure I can negotiate better pricing, but wanted to see if anyone had purchased a similar car recently. Thanks!
  • peachtree103peachtree103 Member Posts: 182
    Jump over to the Smart Shopper forum, and re-post under "Real World Trade In Values", Terry, the main expert, visits about 15 auctions a month, and can give you a great idea of bottom line dealer retail. Be sure to specify if you have a color preference, as dark cars command higher prices up north than some light ones.
  • pearlpearl Member Posts: 336
    can you give us a sense of whether you were able to deal below MSRP, and if so, how much?
  • sjeedsjeed Member Posts: 120
    I took delivery of my 2006 E350 on March 20, 2005. Mostly due to a high level MB coporate referral/contact I was able to get below MSRP. That said, if you look at carsdirect.com, at least in the SF Bay Area, they quote a very good price, well below MSRP!
    Thanks for the help. Unfortunately I haven't heard anything back yet. I'll continue to explore the recommended path, but any other information would be appreciated. In regards to color I'm looking for Brilliant Silver.
  • peachtree103peachtree103 Member Posts: 182
    I've been watching the other forum, and Terry's been gone more than usual. He was on vacation two weeks ago, and he runs several new car dealerships in addition to his auction visits, so I'm guessing he's backed up. That said, I've been following that discussion for over three years, and his advice has been invaluable to me and countless others.

Go ahead and put in a subject line "Re-Post, CPO E-320 4Matic, Silver" and then cut and paste your original message below. Don't refer to a previous post by number. There's been too much clutter over there lately, and he probably missed your first post. He generally looks for recent messages that say "re-post" first, and he usually spends most of his on-line time between 5 and 7 am.

Wish I could help more, but all I can do is send you to the one who knows. Good luck.
  • legendmanlegendman Member Posts: 362
    Given the horrendous and appalling litany of serious and pervasive mechanical problems with recent model year Mercedes Benz E class sedans -- revealed here in the Edmunds forums as well as those in Yahoo Auto Forums and elsewhere (see the Edmunds topic thread on the subject of E Class Problems and Solutions, for example) -- if I do decide to make an offer on the 2006 E it will be below invoice. What money I would potentially save would be put toward buying at least 2 or 3 years of an extended warranty.

How Mercedes can offer this car with only a standard 4yr/50,000 warranty in the wake of such serious electronic malfunctions and mechanical failures is beyond me. It seems to me that Mercedes Benz management, like the Detroit of the 1970s, is still clinging to the (false) notion that they are still royalty. The recently announced massive recall, affecting over 1 million cars, at an estimated expense well in excess of $100,000,000 is testament to the fact that the "Emperor" (Mercedes Benz) of today has no clothes.

It is time for Mercedes to put their money where there mouth is and put up a warranty that tells the world in deeds and not just hollow words, that the quality is really back in the new Mercedes cars.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    Let's stick to talking about pricing & the actual shopping experience here. If you want to talk about E-Class quality and other aspects of the vehicle, please visit our Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedans discussion or the Mercedes-Benz E Class Owners: Problems & Solutions topic. Thanks.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• norm321norm321 Member Posts: 1
    I was told by a MB dealer that there are no factory holdbacks on the 2006 E-350 models.

Am I being told the truth?

Norm
    "I was told by a MB dealer that there are no factory holdbacks on the 2006 E-350 models. Am I being told the truth?"

No. There is virtually always dealer holdback of some kind or another. They may use a different name for it at MB, but it's there. Both Edmunds and Consumer Reports offer, for a small fee, a complete breakdown of the cars true cost. I particularly like the CR report.

Try contacting the Internet Manager at several area dealers. I have already been quoted well below MSRP (several thousand) for the new E350 here in Southern California. Granted, the car just came out last month and so dealers may be holding out for more profit for a while, but given MBs dismal, steadily declining reliabity and sinking resale values, I think that an aggressive buyer can purchase at or near invoice, if you are willing to do the legwork (contacting 4 or 5 dealers via Edmunds Car Shopping Service, or contacting them direct via e-mail).
  • eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209
    legendman, i believe there is no way for edmunds or consumer reports to know the "true cost" of the car from the factory to the MBenz dealer. such cost is determined by a *private contract* between the dealerships and the manufacturer. it's nobody else's business. high-volume dealerships pay less for the same car than do low-volume dealerships. the price actually paid by the dealership for the new car is sometimes known as the "dealer memo price". my understanding is that it is always less than or equal to the invoice price. if i'm wrong about any of these things, please do tell! maybe Benz is different than 'typical' car dealers with regard to these things?

someone hit me on the head with a large foam mallet please: my Y2K E320 was the least reliable car i've ever owned but i miss it so much and am considering purchasing an E320 CDI, maybe starmarked/pre-owned, maybe waiting for the new 3.5 liter "next-gen" CDI. i paid MSRP-500 for my Y2K E320. if i buy new again, i sure won't pay near MSRP again, and will probably buy a very-extended-warranty. the local dealership is a stickler for MSRP though, they seem fine with inventorying their new Benzes cars until they sell for MSRP. last time i did a "factory order" - so they didn't have to inventory the car at all - and they only cut $500 off the price. (by "inventory" the car i mean hold/own it from one month to another).
  • joemamajoemama Member Posts: 1
    Used info on this website and was able to get 10K off of msrp, paying 46,500, plus tax, at East Bay Area dealership.
  • e350e350 Member Posts: 1
    Question ---> I just ordered a new 2006 E350 4MATIC in NY. Got 7% off MSRP. Spoke to another dealer and he offered 6%. Any thoughts if this is a good deal or not? It appears good, but I don't want to fool myself into thinking so....
  • sjeedsjeed Member Posts: 120
    Based upon my recent transaction in the SF Bay Area, you did extremely well. I didn't do bad, but your deal looks better. From the cost information that is out there, I would say that you are paying the Manufacturer's Invoice without any advertising fee, or even slightly below. The selling dealer is clearly making their money in the Holdback and their overall incentive on the total number of cars sold. Congratulations.
    Can you share more details? I'm also in NY and will be buying a new E350 4Matic within the next 30 days. Any information regarding options, color, pricing, dealer or location would be greatly appreciated.
  • orangemborangemb Member Posts: 1
    As we're talking about pre-owned E320, my dealer offered me $5000 off residual to buy my E320, a 2001 with 58000 miles. The pr4ice will be about 24k plus tax. Is this a good offer for me? The car is in great condition.
  • 2006e3502006e350 Member Posts: 1
    Would appreciate you sharing name of dealer and sales person in NY. I'm looking to order in the next few weeks.

Thanks
  • reuel3reuel3 Member Posts: 114
    Please do not ask for or post the names of sales people or other dealership staff in our forums. The policy prohibiting such activity is clearly printed in red at the bottom of the page, and posts containing such information will be deleted.

Thank you for your cooperation.
  • rocky6rocky6 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought 06 E350 4MATIC from denver, co dealer. Glauser Mercedes-Benz was by far the best deal I have seen. They have some sales people that do the internet sales, they know exactly what i wanted and did not mess around with price. Straight up and honest. Easy to do business with! Would recomend to my mother-in-law, I know she would be treated right.
    Can you please include details on your transaction? I know someone asked for the salesperson, which is not allowed, but you can share other details. It would be great if you could provide the dealership and the options included.
  • homebrew65homebrew65 Member Posts: 1
    I am close to signing a 39 month, 45K mile lease for $551/mo (+ tax) with fees of $1,000 due at signing (plus first months lease payment). Can anybody provide insight into whether this is a good or bad deal. The car is a 2005 E320 with a sticker of aout $53K.

Thanks
  • poloypoloy Member Posts: 3
    im in sacramento area im willing to drive to the bay area if they can match the cars direct prices. i' ve tried 2 sacramento dealership they said cars direct prices is not realistic.
    Is this a 4Matic or rear wheel drive? Based upon what I've seen in the NY area it looks like a great deal. I've primarily looked at 4Matic's, so if it's a rear wheel drive I'm not sure.

I'm currently looking at a 39 month lease with 15K/year for a 2005 E320 4Matic with 7,000 miles on it. The dealer says it was an executive car. The pricing on this deal is $660/mo(w/tax) and $2,369 due at signing.
    "I'm in sacramento area I'm willing to drive to the bay area if they can match the cars direct prices. i' ve tried 2 sacramento dealership they said cars direct prices is not realistic."

Why not give some dealers in Southern California a call? They are VERY competitive down there. Try Penske Motors - West Covina, CA. Also, Fletcher-Jones, Newport Beach, CA.

Know exactly what model, options and colors you want beforehand and then deal only with the Internet/Fleet Manager over the phone or by e-mail! Most of the better ones will cut to the bottom line up front, and those that require a nudge may only need a small nudge to sharpen their pencil.

Even if you later decide that it's too far to drive, perhaps you can get a quote (in writing) that you can use as leverage at a dealership nearer to your home.
  • skim123skim123 Member Posts: 1
    just bot a e350 4matic wagon fairly well equipped for $2000 under invoice in the NY/NJ/CT area.
    Thanks to your advised but finally i got my E350 @ Stead Motors in Walnut Creek which is the price $500 below invoice.
    Be Careful if your buying @ Mercedes of El Dorado hills in California. Appearance package of E-350 premium leather is already included per MBUSA.com and i bought mine with appearance package from another dealer interior premium leather is also included at no CHARGE, MB of El dorado said i have to pay extra for the leather which is $1500 more and i told MBUSA to verify that their is no error on the web site. I even inform the dealer(MB of El Dorado) but they still insist that there is an extra charge. Mercedes Benz of EL DORADO your HONESTY is???
  • samusamu Member Posts: 8
    I am looking into buying a e350 or e350 4matic depending on price. I just wanted to know what people are paying for this car and what kind of deals they got. any help would be appreciated since its been a while since i purchased a new car. thanks.
  • helmsbrosmbhelmsbrosmb Member Posts: 1
    That s a great deal!
  • acenjacenj Member Posts: 58
    Just picked up a E500 4matic w/ sunroof, htd seats, cd chgr for 55K. I couldn't bring myself to getting into a 06 350 when i get the larger engine for basically same price.
    The 500's have 4500 fact to dealer (when financing through MB)...

aceman
  • sandwalker2sandwalker2 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks to everyone's posting on this forum, I was very comfortable walking into the dealer today to sign a lease on a new E350. Perhaps, I didn't get as good a deal as some ppl in the forum, but I'm very happy with the deal i got and wont have any lingering buyer doubt on the price (the feeling that we all know so well). MSRP $56,690 - E350 - Granite Gray, Entertainment Pkg, Sunroof Pkg, DVD navigation. negotiated price = $51,211 (about 10% off). Plus a good deal on the lease (I currently have a C class that's not due until early October). MB Credit pay for 3 of the 4 months i have left on the lease and also cover the $350 disposition fee. I end up paying for one month of the C class after it is returned, but not bad. New lease pmt is $619/mo + tax for 39 months. $4800 due at signing (included 1st mo pmt, and 2299 cap reduction, etc.) 12,000 miles/yr. Money factor works out to be .0025. (this is based on adding to the $599/mo special they have that ends this month.). This is in Southern California. I think i could have knocked a bit more off of the price, but the salesman was really very good and straight forward with no gimmicks, so i just asked him to pay for the 1st major service. For about $50 more a month, I'll be driving an E-class instead of the C-class.
  • damienwgdamienwg Member Posts: 39
    What are they for the '05 and '06 Es? They have to be significant if people are getting spotted prices well under invoice.
  • damienwgdamienwg Member Posts: 39
    Dealer holdback and factory incentives for the '05 and '06 Es?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    A reporter is hoping to talk with recent buyers of new BMW and Mercedes vehicles who enjoyed a generous discount off sticker price. Please send relevant details and your daytime contact information to Pam Krebs at [email protected] by Thursday, June 23, 2005

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• jimbresjimbres Member Posts: 2,025
    How much over or under invoice are folks paying for E350 4matics in the NYC metro area? I live in western Suffolk County on LI. The closest MB stores are in Huntington, Smithtown & Roslyn.

Thanks for any guidance.
  • mightyjoonmightyjoon Member Posts: 3
    Don't know where you are located but I got my 2006 E350 at $2700 below invoice at Laguna Niguel, CA. Good Luck!
  • rbpjrrbpjr Member Posts: 2
    mightyjoon,
    What would that price be and what options did you get from dealer at Laguna Niguel. I might have to drive there myself. Lives in LA, and salivates for an E350.
  • suntan1suntan1 Member Posts: 6
    Hi! I'm wondering if anyone has any knowledge about the utterly confusing Premium Package options on the E350? So, I was offered two cars to choose from by a dealer....one is in Brilliant Silver and has the Premium Package that includes the Drive Dynamic Seats but does NOT include Heated Front Seats (available as a separate option). The other is in Iridium Silver and has the Premium Package that does NOT have the Drive Dynamic Seats, but DOES have Heated Front Seats as part of the package. To add to the confusion, the MBUSA website refers to the first package as the "Premium Package" (and does not show the second as an option) while the 2006 brochure does exactly the reverse! *mind boggles* The dealer was telling me that the reason for the discrepancy is that the Iridium Silver E350 is the "second batch" of E350's coming from Germany while the Brilliant Silver E350 was the "first batch". Does any of this make any sense?

Separately, does anyone have recommendations (and/or negative/positive experiences) with any MB dealers in the Boston area?

Thank you so much in advance for your kind help!
  • mollymaxmollymax Member Posts: 25
    My E-320 CDI 2005 premium package came with heated and ventilated dynamic seats with "massage". On a recent trip to Mesa, Az. averaged 35.3 MPG city and hi-way driving. Very happy with my Mercedes dealer.
  • mollymaxmollymax Member Posts: 25
    I wonder if it is worth it...........I have lots of CDs.
  • rbpjrrbpjr Member Posts: 2
    What happened mightyjoon?
    Cat got your tongue?
    We're all waiting for more specifics about your Laguna Niguel purchase, Message #150
  • kennynmdkennynmd Member Posts: 424
    I'm not in the market for a E350 but that doesn't seem right for a brand new vehicle.
    Well, I was offered two packages by Flagship of Boston; both at a few hundred dollars below invoice price (and slightly more than four thousand, I believe, below MSRP). Both are brand new 2006 E350 RWD (not AWD). The differences between the two packages were that one was in Brilliant Silver and had the Drive Dynamic Seats but had just leather inserts and a regular leather steering wheel while the other was in Iridium Silver and had Full Leather (as opposed to just leather inserts) and the Wood and Leather Wheel option but only had the regular seats (non-Drive Dynamic). We went with the second option even though they were the same price because my wife preferred the full-leather option and found the Drive Dynamic seats odd (and this car is essentially for her).

We'll be taking delivery of our car this week, and I'll be sure to update the forum on our experiences with our new E350.

Cheers!
  • kennynmdkennynmd Member Posts: 424
    What are Drive Dynamic Seats? Are they like "sport seats" like some cars have in sport packages?
    Hi, kennynmd! Mollymax said above that she has them on her CDI so she may be able to describe them better. From what I understand (at least from the salesman), the side bolsters of the seats fill with air and bolster up during sharp turns so that you are kept in place. There is also supposed to be some sort of massage function, but I didn't quite understand that, honestly. Again, maybe mollymax is in a better position to elaborate further.

I just got so confused when the salesperson showed me two cars with two premium packages --- one corresponding to the website and one to the brochure --- that I finally decided (wisely!) to let my wife make the decision!

Cheers!