Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    viali_17viali_17 Member Posts: 5
    It seems that it was enough to make just another phone call to a different dealer and allready i got a better deal from 21,800(very funny that number), how much i was offered in Naples, now i got 19,000 from a dealer in Miami, and now i am waiting for a call from Ft Myers, they said they have a royal blue EX in stock but they want to see how much they can give me for my trade in(i told them i can afford only 18,000 plus my trade wich i think its a grat deal for an EX).
    Now i have to wait..............
  • Options
    With my luck i will probably get 500
  • Options
    jph3006jph3006 Member Posts: 49
    Viali: I never got as good deal over the phone as I got in person when I actually went to the dealerships. Be VERY prepared to leave the dealership to compare prices with other dealerships and you will be amazed how well you do in negotiating. Good luck.
  • Options
    The funny part about my experience with the dealer in Naples is that i would have probably get the car if they would have gave it to me with 19,000 thats with taxes and everything but now i actualy see that i can get even a better deal, so i am kinda happy now that they offered that much specialy since i am not in such a hurry to get it
    Thanx for all the help
  • Options
    temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    Two and a half weeks ago I purchased a Civic LX Coupe black manual transmission at Jerry Damson Honda in Huntsville, Alabama for 16759 which included the dealer add-on fee and etching charge. Prior to that add-ons, the price was 16,176. I recommend this dealership. I live in Nashville, Tennessee and I made the trip down to purchase the car. Do not pay more than list. If there is a dealer add-on (called by a number of names), your price prior to taxes should not exceed list. I could not find the product in Nashville, but one of the dealers I contacted through their internet sales discounted the car by $500; no negotiations needed. They do add $400 for dealer fee, but that brings the car to list.
  • Options
    monkeyninjamonkeyninja Member Posts: 11
    Make the trip to Freeman Honda in Dallas. It's off I-20 in Dallas. Skip 'Loot' Riley, Rusty Wallis...all of 'em. They deal out too much BS. My whole process from the phonecall to the final deal was more painless than I could believe. I walked out of the other dealers due to either rustration or the dealer's unwillingness to play ball.

The guys at Freeman interested me from the start when I asked for a price over the phone and actually got it...an immediate, direct answer. And a good price too...roughly $17,300. I was pretty impressed.

I can't post their names because of site rules, but the internet department there will play it straight. They don't give you any BS. They're very helpful, too. One even followed me home in the car I drove to the dealership so I wouldn't have to come back for it. This was AFTER we'd already made the deal.

The other dealers are a waste of time. As of yesterday afternoon, I now own my Black 2006 Civic LX Coupe. :)
  • Options
    ritlinritlin Member Posts: 36
    I have been to a few dealerships in Dallas, Freeman Honda was not one of them, but I can tell everyone to stay far away from David McDavid Honda! As far as my suggestion, I would say to go to Tyler. I dealt with the internet dept. at the Tyler dealership, JackO'Diamonds, and had a great experience, which actually went on for a month as I waited for a Civic of my choosing to come in. At first, I planned on getting a Civic EX coupe with a manual tranny(almost impossible to find), but they were willing to trade with Utah to get it, and were going to eat $850 in delivery costs to get it for me. They quoted me $18600($200 under MSRP). But the best part is they gave me a very fair amount for my trade, which was over $4000.00 more than the dealership in Dallas where I was only hours before. I decided on an Si instead and was able to get it the day it arrived without even having any money down on it. I bought it at MSRP which was $20540(it had gone up $300 before the car arrived). I also was able to upgrade my rims to the HFP rims for a trade plus $120. I love my Rallye Red Si. BY the way, I got 35.5 mpg going to Dallas the other day. I have gotten 28.67mpg with mixed driving, and 31.66mpg with mixed but more hwy driving. Not bad...
  • Options
    WHat is everyone getting as far as gas milage on the Si? I have gotten better than expected so far, but have less than 1000 miles so far.
  • Options
    vafarmwifevafarmwife Member Posts: 1
    Bought my first Honda yesterday. It's a black 2006 Civic Coupe LX MT. I got it a Bill Gatton Honda in Bristol, TN. First price quoted was $17, 860 and I said no. Second price was $17,654 and I refused. Third price was $17,150. I probably could have done better and I know I left some money on the table, but I really wanted this car. I originally speced out a white Civic Coupe LX MT, but apparently they are as rare as hen's teeth. Bill Gatton did a six state search and couldn't find one. Anyway I did everything over the phone and they were great to work with. I pick it up tomorrow. I've always been a Ford person and own an Explorer and F-150, but I chose the Honda for the fuel economy and the value. I had made an offer to a local dealer on a 2006 Ford Fusion and they didn't want to deal so when they called me yesterday afternoon to make another offer, I told them they were out of luck- I had already bought a vehicle. The salesman started yelling at me and told me that I would regret buying a Honda. I told him I offered him a fair price for the Fusion and that when they turned that down, I went elsewhere.
  • Options
    617civic617civic Member Posts: 1
    Here in MA I played 3 dealers pretty hard...here is the price I paid for my black 2006 LX MT coupe

$15650 car
    $ 782 tax
    $ 86 title
    $ 298 dealer fee

$16816 TOTAL

Even though the cars are hard to get they will negotiate on price...it's the game they set-up...go get them...
  • Options
    gee35coupegee35coupe Member Posts: 3,387
    They are starting building the NAV/MT coupes this month. So the supply ought to improve for the next couple months.
  • Options
    coolchidcoolchid Member Posts: 33
    . . . if certain trim levels are made at specific plants?? Just wondering if there is any way to get an idea where my EX NAV/AT Sedan might be coming from. :confuse:
  • Options
    chejo28chejo28 Member Posts: 34
    hi ritlin. i'm not really replying to your message but i just wanted to ask you (if you don't mind) how much you bought your Civic Si? is it a 2006 model and which dealer did you buy it from? my husband's thinking of getting one as soon as our integra retires and we just need info so we can bargain a good price for the Si. thanks! i'm in sunny california by the way. :shades:
  • Options
    iwannaciviciwannacivic Member Posts: 1
    I'm having the same exact problem, I want the same car and I actually put a deposit down and locked in the price and he said it would come in a month or so-- The dealer gets a car in, and calls me up asking if I want to higher the price because someone else is interested in buying it- I was so mad and I ended the deal, bacause he was just playing games, Now i'm back to square one and NOBODY has this car!! I wanna call Honda and see if they can tell me what states have it and then have them ship it if that's possible---but Good luck!
  • Options
    jaime123jaime123 Member Posts: 1
    Hi there, Where did you get your car from.. I want one too! :)
  • Options
    dotsaradotsara Member Posts: 8
    Hi chejo28, I thought I'd jump in -- if you don't mind -- since I'm also in So. CA. I got my '06 Si from DCH Honda of Oxnard via Autoland (5 weeks ago today! yay!).

I paid quite a bit over MSRP for my '06 Civic Si. MSRP is $20,290 and out the door it ran me $23,500.

I know! But here's why I jumped on it:
    - Autoland found a dealer who had the car literally within 8 hours of my submitting the request
    - DCH had the Si in both the colors I stated as a choice (Galaxy Grey, Habanero Red Pearl [which is what I took])
    - I didn't want to wait 2-3 months and end up having to choose a different color; the other 7 dealerships that Autoland contacted didn't have the Si and when they did get it, they'd be getting black or silver -- no!
    - I barely lifted a finger and never had to even go near a dealership. Heh.

That last one may smack of laziness or fear, but don't be fooled, I'm neither lazy nor afraid of dealers -- especially after (disclosure!) having worked here at Edmunds for as long as I have. And it was pretty nice having the car delivered to me when I signed the paperwork. (:

That final OTD price (fyi, the base price offered by the dealer was $22,700 since they'd thrown wheel locks, mudguards and fog lights on it already) includes: the car, Autoland's fee, sales tax (8.25% here in LA County), DMV Fees and so forth.

Did I pay too much? Eh. I got the car I wanted right exactly when I wanted it without breaking myself. So, no, I didn't. (:
  • Options
    thebillthebill Member Posts: 194
    Pay a premium and any dealer can get the car you want.

Just goes to prove, if you wait, you'll miss out.
  • Options
    bamacarbamacar Member Posts: 749
    Be patient... and give the dealer less money for exactly what you want. Just proves dealers love the "gotta have it now" buyers.

When supply begins to meet demand, the dealers will just be happy to have you in the showroom.
  • Options
    thebillthebill Member Posts: 194
    we shall see.

I love "gotta have it buyers" because they are usually more happy with their decision/experience when compared to shoppers and price beaters. Gotta have it buyers are just thankfull that the car was either avaliable or that they could even afford it in the first place. The deals are quick, painless and they are very loyal customers. They do not wreck my customer service survey and they are more likely to get my top service.

here's a secret, supply of Hondas this year may never catch up to it....you'll see. Watch the commercials. Honda is the only manufacturer with any momentum going into the prime buying season. By the time fall comes around for model clearance, pickings will be slim.

for all the people affected by the tornados:

May God be with you and your families!
  • Options
    I bought mine for the MSRP of $20540.00. This was a pretty good deal considering that most dealers are marking their's up a thousand or more, or adding accessories and then marking the car way up. I also got a good price for my trade. I bought from my local dealer in Tyler, Tx. It might be worth your time and money to come here, depending on what the Cali market looks like. I spoke to the internet manager and he took care of me through the whole thing including getting the best price on accessories and window tint.
    The one thing you can do to get the best price is to fight the dealers against eachother. For instance, tell one dealer that another will give you a better price or better trade, etc. It is better to really have other dealers make you offers though and not to be just bluffing. I figure the car will not be discounted any time soon, as it is really popular and will remain that way for some time(kind of like the mini cooper s). This is a good thing if you can get the deal at the dealer's office, but don't expect much off of MSRP if any. If you have to, wait on one and tell them that you don't want all the marked up accessories!

David
  • Options
    Yeah right!

These "gotta have it buyers" are usually buyers that will grow bored of the car as something newer and better comes out that they "gotta have"! Then they will realize how screwed over they were because they paid way too much for the car, and will eat it on the next "gotta have car". Yes, this happens even with Hondas.
    Be an ethical dealer/salesperson and sell the car for an honest price, and don't work off the emotions of the "Gotta have it buyers" even though you can!
  • Options
    obviously you dealt with an unethical dealer. I would have done the same thing. I was in the same situation, put $300 on a car that I waited a month for. I was afraid the same was going to happen-someone else would offer them more, and then I would lose the deal. I have done business with this dealership before and they took care of me the whole way, and were even willing to pay $850 more to get me a car that was in Utah! I am in Texas. You can bet that when I got the call, I gave my sales guy all "5's". I didn't give the finance manager all 5's though! Another story. The other thing is you can even shop for extended warranties on line. I bought a 6yr/120000 mile warranty for $100 over Hondas price because I knew their price... $755. Just remember, the consumer is still in charge, unless we give them the power.
  • Options
    butterflyjonesbutterflyjones Member Posts: 72
    What state are you in? Where did you per chase the extended warranty? I assume this is for a new Civic? LX< EX< SI?? I live in Georgia and some internet companies are still in the process of getting the ok for selling extended warranties in this state. I have't bought yet but am doing extensive research. What difficulties are you having with your car if any?? What is your actual MPG's??? Appreciate any info you are willing to give. :confuse: :surprise:
  • Options
    butterflyjonesbutterflyjones Member Posts: 72
    I don't know of any good dealers in Ga. and am doing extensive research before I buy. What internet company did you buy an extended warranty from?? I've done some research in this area and need more info. What are your MPG's for your civic?? IF auto does it have the lug bug?? Does anyone out there have 10K+ miles on their Civic yet? IS your MPG's getting better??? Any help would be appreciated. :confuse: :confuse:
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Funny...you suggest he be an "ethical dealer/salesperson" yet in your post before this, you suggest telling a dealer someone offered more for your trade etc...??

I guess if the person buying is lying, that's "ethical"!
  • Options
    doublehmandoublehman Member Posts: 3
    I received out the door price quote today and I'm trying to figure from your previous posts if this is ok. From what I can tell, it's in the ballpark of a pretty good deal. Any input?

17400 for 06 Civic LX Auto Sedan.

I'm negotiating with 3 dealers via e-mail and they have all agreed to that price.
  • Options
    rutger3rutger3 Member Posts: 361
    Okay isell, here is your chance to shine. Is the $17,400 a fair price for both dealer and customer on the LX auto sedan ? If not, what would you consider a fair deal on this car. You know what it cost you and what the sticker is. There are more available now then 3 months ago, yet it still is in fairly high demand. You want to sell cars at a respectable profit and the buyer wants to save as much as they can. There must be some happy medium. BTW, what is the number of civics Honda thinks they will sell this year?
  • Options
    Does anyone know what a decent price is for alloys for the LX sedan if purchased from the dealer? isell, you may know this. If buying a new car at a fair price, should the dealer be willing to give you alloys at cost, or discount?
  • Options
    toddartoddar Member Posts: 10
    If anyone out there has purchased a Civic LX Coupe with an automatic transmission lately and can give me some real pricing information, I would appreciate it immensely. I am looking with my daughter and she has it down this and the Scion Tc. Both cars are in high demand with the Scion Tc, having the one price to all policy. I have done for myself and others on previous car purchases and it seems to bare pretty great fruit. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! :P
  • Options
    I didn't know I needed to "shine".

That would be a VERY good price to pay for a Civic LX. We simply DO NOT have these sitting around in any quanities.

Prices vary by market conditions and inventory levels.

They are not "more" available than they were three months ago, at least in my neck of the woods and they are in HIGH demand, not "fairly high" demand. Yes, we do want to make a decent profit and we know our buyers want to pay as little as possible. That is a given.

I have no idea what Honda's projections are for this year but I do think they were blindsided by the great success and they had no idea Motor Trend would vote the Civics Car of the Year.

It's frustrating.
  • Options
    jph3006jph3006 Member Posts: 49
    Hi All: Read thread #3344 on page 336. I did a cost + 5% deal which is VERY fair for a Honda Civic no matter what any of these dealers are saying to you. I broke down the math in this thread for all to see. The Honda dealers are buying and repeating the propaganda by Honda about huge demand. Demand is strong but not overwhelming for the Civic coupes and sedans, the hybrid and Si Civics are in the more demand category. It is Honda's marketing plan to "milk" all they can out of their 2006 car of the year title for the Civic, this is what you will repeatedly here from the dealers who read this stuff from the company. For the month of March 2006, the only automaker who achieved it's sales goal was Toyota, NOT Honda. Stay active and shop and you'll find a good deal. Civic sedan buyers FYI, as the end of the 2006 production run nears, watch for factory to dealer incentives for the Accord to increase activity on the car in an effort to compete against the 2007 Toyota Camry. This incentive will lower your out the door cost if it happens.
  • Options
    I am not sure what your point is about the place I bought my Si offered me more for my trade in reference to an ethical dealer! The place I was before offered me over $4000 less than the place I went, or even the internet price from their own site. David McDavid-Irving, in my opinion is a very unethical company, and I would not do business with them or any company like them(I hope your's is not isell).
    Most Honda places, especially going through the internet sales side, will give you $2-400. off of any civic except the Si. If they won't do that or offer you free/discounted Honda accessories you are getting ripped(just my opinion)! There is about a $2000 dollar mark up in most civics, and you can find the invoice there. In addition, most dealers get an additional amount for every car they sell, something like a dealer kick back or something(isellhondas can tell you what it is called). What's more, i fyou wait till the end of the month, or end of the quarter, there are incentives that the manufacturer pays for the number of cars sold, if the quota is met. The last quarter ended on March 31st.
    My point, isellhondas, about the telling one dealership that you can get a better price for the car or your trade from another dealer is to hunt for the deals, not fabricate information. However, if one was to do this in order to level the playing field, I would not disagree with it in order to get the best price. After all, I know of only one dealership, out of at least a dozen I have dealt with over the last 5 years, that did not just out and out lie to me. Because of dirty dealerships, consumers have to be very informed and a little sly to get out of there inscathed.
    I did my homework, and even though my salesperson was smart, I knew more than he did about the Civic. I found a good price on the HONDA extended warranty, and because of this, the Finance Manager let it slip what his price was for the same warranty, and then blamed it on the salesperson for supposedly telling me what the price was. MY MOST IMPORTANT ADVICE IS TO BE WILLING TO WALK OUT, especially if the salesperson knows you are ready to buy. The Civic is in high demand, but you will not walk into every dealership just to find a line waiting on the few Civics around. I was surprised that there was no line on the Si I bought, and when my parents went looking at the Civic the dealership gave them $400 off just to keep them from walking out to look at a Mazda3, which is a tough competitor with the Civic, and are only now starting to discount their cars. My parents bought a 4 door LX. I went to a dealership in Longview, Tx, and found about 8 civics on their lot, went back a week later and found at leat 4 of the same ones. Maybe going to smaller markets is a good idea too, where there aren't as many fanatical buyers out there like the ones reading this forum every day(myself included). The site I got on to find the extended warranty is jayhondacare.com and found it by just doing a search on yahoo for honda extended warranties. I hope this onformation helps. I have bought quite a few cars in the past 5 years and made many mistakes. I just hope this will keep others from making the same mistakes.
    David
    Oh, I love my Si!!!
  • Options
    Oh, about the mpg, I have gotten anywhere between 25.8 mpg to 35.5 mpg(which was almost entirely hwy miles) on my Si. I left a previous message on the Si forum telling all the specifics. My parents, who have the LX sedan, told me they were a little disappointed that they were only getting 40 on the hwy and the low 30's with combined city/hwy driving. They were making the point that they drive very conservatively and expected more with the combined driving...I think. I laughed a little when my mom told me this.
    Anyway, I have not had any problems, no squeeks, cracks, or funny road noises. In fact, I had an '04 Accord before this, with acura 17 inch wheels, a cold air intake and a flowmaster exhaust which was much louder than my Civic. I have to talk on the phone a lot, and use a bluetooth headset, and I am very surprised how quiet it is. The only thing is I think it is a little out of alignment, and pulls to the right(just being honest). I will see if the dealer will fix it for me for free and let you all know.
    You can also get on ebay and find out some of the lowest prices on accessories, even OEM accessories from Honda dealers who sell on ebay. I have even seen the "Pro Package" being sold on ebay for about $200(honda's price is $344-installation not included, which in my area is $84/hr). When I showed this and other prices to my dealer, they sold me the same "Pro Package" for $235(a wash when considering shipping costs off ebay). If anyone wants prices on the other accessories I bought, just ask me and I'll tell them. Better yet, why not ask Isellhondas what their price is, or what an honest price would be for them! Trust me, there is quite a mark up, as Honda has always been proud of their parts and accessories. The aero kit, which Honda charges $1483. can be found on ebay from another Honda dealer for $995. My point is just shop around, unless you don't mind paying full price! Me, the worst thing I can think of is to be taken advantage of, or even worse, finding out months later that I was taken advantage of. I don't mean to ramble, just wanting to answer the question as thoroughly as possible.
  • Options
    Rutger, I saw at David McDavid their asking price was $1699. This was for the 16 inch EX rims. Honda's price list shows $1046, but there are so many people with these rims upgrading that you shouldn't have any problem finding these on ebay for around $400, some even with the tires. You might even want to get the stock Si rims as a lot of people, myself included are upgrading to the HFP rims and selling theirs on Ebay for whatever they can get. My opinion is that you, or your daughter will like the look of the 17 inch rims better, and will not substitute much as far as ride quality. My dealer sold me the HFP rims for $120 plus my rims that came on my car. What a deal. And Tyler is not far from Dallas, if that is where you are from. I know I must sound like a Honda salesman now, but I am just so please with the service and attention I received from there that I would recommend them to anyone, and just the opposite of the other dealers I have dealt with in the Dallas area. One person on here bought from Freeman and was pleased with them, I have not dealt with them before so this is hearsay.
  • Options
    toddar, see the reply I started to Rutgers. Sorry for the confusion.
  • Options
    rtroisirtroisi Member Posts: 1
    I would like to know where I can find a great deal on a 2006 Honda Accord? I live in Bergen County, New Jersey.

Ralph
  • Options
    monkeyninjamonkeyninja Member Posts: 11
    I can't help but laugh at the dealers posting here who whine about ethics and such.

You want to know why I bought from Freeman Honda in Dallas? Let's see, I worked previously with people from both Rusty Wallis Honda and Lute (Loot) Ruley Honda to no avail. THey were either asking way to much or they were not offering me enough for my trade or they were asking for rediculous terms like a $1,000 non-refundable deposite.....what a load.

I called the guys at Freeman and not only got a decent and fair price (OVER THE PHONE) but I also only let them get a scan of my credit card to 'hold' the in-bound Civic for me since it was due in a couple of days.

When it got there, I mentioned that the price sheet had an extra $100 bucks on it, as the guy on the phone was the partner of the guy who was working my deal. Without skipping a beat, he said, 'oh yeah, I spoke with him, he did say he told you the other ammount." And he changed it on the spot. No arguing, no shady crap, just a simple correction. If Civics are in SUCH demand that other dealers can get away with marking them up so high...why did these guys give me such a fair deal?

The fact is, the markups are not because of the demand, it's because of the dealers taking advantage of the buyers who refuse to or who can't adequately do their research.

You want people to not 'wreck your surveys' and to have a 'painless' experience selling cars? How about you offer a fair price and not BS the rest of us about negotiating when you knew full-well when you took that job that you would have to negotiate.

I came on here RAVING about my experience at Freeman. Not because I was asked to...and not because I work there (I could never be a car salesman). I did it because these guys were the only ones I found within the city limits that played a fair game. And I just wanted to tell the other buyers where to go to avoid GETTING SCREWED by shady dealers.
  • Options
    Well, we are the largest volume dealer in nine states and I think we have, maybe two or three unsold Civic LX AT sedans on our lot right now. That is hardly "propaganda" i'm afraid it's reality at this point.
  • Options
    You might want to break your posts into paragraphs. It's almost impossible to read them otherwise.

I do agree, there are a lot of sleazy dealerships out there. There are also stores and salespeople who are underhanded. This works both ways too and that was my point. I get lied to so much by customers all of the time.
  • Options
    harikanchaharikancha Member Posts: 1
    I got this honda civic. How is this? can you expert guys tell me? http://www.kelolandautomall.com/show.asp?vid=702185&t=make&drive=1&fuel=1&wgt=&b- x=&cab=

thanks
  • Options
    kevr43kevr43 Member Posts: 5
    I paid 17000 for my Civic LX Auto Sedan that was on 04-08,plus all the normal fees. It was 18450(otd) The non negotiated costco price was 17360. Also several dealers told me that the price just went up 200 this week. This was all done over the phone and was very easy, probably could of done better if I had tried harder,but I hope I didn't overpay too much because that just burns me up. I hope that helps you.
  • Options
    If you come to these forums after you have already bought and ask if you paid too much, someone will always tell you that you did.

If you are happy with the deal, you didn't "overpay".

Just enjoy your new ride!
  • Options
    kevr43kevr43 Member Posts: 5
    You are right about that because I like this car and feel like I did okay so I will leave it at that.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,369
    ...and their replies.. have been removed..

Actual prices paid, or your buying experience...

Any other posts will be removed without notice... just like the last ten or so..

Thanks,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    doublehmandoublehman Member Posts: 3
    OK, and the drumroll please.....

$17,200 out the door. I am very satisfied with the deal I got and my experience with the dealer. Take away all the taxes/fees/etc and the price was below "invoice" at around 15,600 for my 2006 4 Dr Civic LX AT

isell is right... someone may say I overpaid, but I'm happy with the deal, happy with the car.
  • Options
    In the simplest way of thinking about it, sure, if you like the deal you got, then be happy. Maybe you really did get a good deal. But let's just say that you paid what you think was a good price, but the market said it was too high. If you keep the vehicle till it returned what you paid, then no harm done. Or if you sell it to someone else who pays what you want for it(but it won't be a car dealership).
    But most of us don't. In fact, the trend is that most people are so much upside down on trades that they either finance much over 100% of the price of the vehicle, or have to find a vehicle with large rebates(which is exactly what many manufacturers are doing, think about those Yukons with $12000 off MSRP,WHAT? $12000 off?) Don't be fooled,manufacturers would get the $12000 if they could, but in order to continue selling the vehicles, they mark them up enough so that they can discount them enough to carry all your negative equity. Or else you have to put a lot of money down just so you can get financed at all.
    Then ask yourself if you paid a fair price.
    I am not saying that you paid too much, after all, you might have gotten a better deal than I did. I paid MSRP on my Si, right before the price went up on them. I did get a really good deal on my trade to help justify paying MSRP. But, I don't expect normally that buying for MSRP is a good idea. However, I think that the Civic Si will be like the Mini Cooper S in that the price for used ones will be good too. Plus, I don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon. Last, I financed it for a low interest rate and for a short term in order to stay away from the negative equity cascade. And interest rates should hold almost as much weight as the OTD price(maybe even more weight). My point is, that it isn't just the value you put on the vehicle at the time of purchase in such a changing environment, unless you are old school and hold on to a car till the wheels fall off. Be wise when purchasing a car, or anything. (Don't get me talking about buying diamonds.)
    As I have said before, the worst thing I can think of is finding out later that I paid too much for something. There are those who will tell you that it is just how happy you are with the vehicle, but think of how much happier you might be if you know that you got a good deal on that car you like so much. Just my opinion...
  • Options
    bjk2001bjk2001 Member Posts: 358
    Now back to the subject:
    Has anyone purchased any LX AT coupe in So Cal lately? Any good deal or good/bad buying experience to share? I'm looking to buy a LX AT coupe around June/July, it's time to do my homework now.
    Thank you!
  • Options
    Have you read any of the previous entries? There are people who have told what they paid for that car. There is no difference in price between the 2dr and 4dr. The price(MSRP) will not be much different in Cali than anywhere else. There have been entries from people in Cali as well. If that is not enough, get on KBB(Kelly Blue Book). It will tell you what the MSRP is, the invoice, and what people are paying. There, your homework just got easier!
  • Options
    there is a $200 difference between the coupe and sedan. The coupe invoice is $16192(LX auto) and the sedan is $16375(LX auto). It also shows that people are typically paying less than $100 under MSRP, but there are deals out there, you just have to be persistent.
  • Options
    isell, you may be able to offer insight on this:
    Lets say I want an LX sedan with alloy wheels. What is the best way to go about this with the dealer. Now, I know you can get them on ebay for less, but would rather pay the dealer a bit more and have it done when I buy. Do you consider the value of th existing wheels which they will keep, or does the buyer take them also. Is it easier to switch out the alloys and wheels from an EX, or to keep the tires that come with the LX and have the parts dept provide just the wheels? From a dealer perspective, what do they prefer? What is a good price including installation?