Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• Options
    treeguybobtreeguybob Member Posts: 1

Hello, I'm new to this forum, but have now spent too much time trying to see if my recent Honda Accord EX-L w/ Navi in Basque Red purchase was a thrifty one. I paid $27,000 + license/title fee of $30 + doc fee of $140 + sales tax, for an OTD price of $29,061. The only option on the car was Honda OEM rubber mats.

The Accord was purchased in Indianapolis. I'd love to hear what you other Accord owners / shoppers are spending. Thank You.

• Options
    idigggidiggg Member Posts: 7

Dealer was Honda of Concord. I worked with Sid who was very helpful.

@brian125 said:
    idiggg,

Good job on your purchase . Please post the State and name of the dealership so others can try for a simular deal.

Your warranty was purchased at a very good price. Most dealers will not sell that 7/60k for 900 dollars...................... Please post dealers name for us.. Enjoy your new ride

There are 3 dealers that will sell that same warranty between 800 and 900 dollars . You can Compare online prices between all of them.. You might be able to knock a few more dollars off there online price depending on what plan you take. If you just bought a expensive service plan cancel it and buy from one of the below dealers.

1- hyannishondacare.com

2- saccuccihondacare.com

3- curryhondacare.com.............. they will match above 2 dealers prices.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2014

Just purchased a 2014 Accord Sport CVT with wheel locks from Garden State Honda (Passaic, NJ). I paid $23,500 OTD. Financing terms: 1.9% APR for 60 months.
    I financed through Honda & qualified for their College Graduate Program. Probably could have gone lower, but overall I'm satisfied with the deal.

It seems that Garden State is very competitive with their pricing. I must admit, knowing what you're willing to pay before-hand and being transparent with your intentions does make the purchasing process a lot easier. Garden State seems willing to sell at competitive prices IF you're willing to purchase on the same day. Their Doc fee is $299, Destination $790, and NJ Sales tax @ 7% ($1,527.21). Feel free to message me for more details.

Special thanks to Brian125 & all others for posting on this forum - very insightful.

• Options
    soccertacksoccertack Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2014

I got a new EX-L 4-cycle w/o Navi today.

I'm in MD and OTD is 26.2K Here's a breakdown.

Total: 26250

23166.89 price

790 dest

499 processing

298 MD tags

1496.11 MD tax

No military or new grad discount.

Invoice for EX-L is around 26.6K I guess. Price+dest+doc fee = 24.4K It's about 2.2K difference... right??

The real market price is quite different from the internet price (trucar, edmunds, etc). I got several quotes from the internet and they were expensive. So, I used the price from this forum, and asked to well-known dealerships. This worked quite well.

I felt I can make it down a little bit more if I work on it one more day, however I'm satisfied with the quote, and I wanna save my day!

Thanks for @brian125‌ and all others. I've read this forum from page 22 to 42, and it helped a lot. (Actually this is the only place I got information)

• Options
    brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244

Today great deals are being had in the CRV and Accord forums. End of the month buying does pay off as you all see. Good job......... enjoy your new Accords.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• Options
    brewedbreanbrewedbrean Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2014

I was able to secure the price of $24, 540 excluding tax, title, and license for a Honda EX-L 2014 Black in the Chicagoland area. My out of door price was $26,920. I also got .9% financing with zero down at signing at no extra charge. Planning on paying it all off in two years. Not the best deal in the forum but I'm satisfied.

I skipped out on the extended coverage, somewhat regretting it now. Aside from that super happy with the car!!

• Options
    llie19llie19 Member Posts: 18

all details are in a later post.

@anddo20 said:
    I'm shopping around the dc area as well. So you were able to get $24,200, all fees included before taxes? What dealer did you end up at and what was your Out the Door price?

• Options
    llie19llie19 Member Posts: 18

congrats on the new buy. why regret not getting extended warranty? i was a little caught off guard when the dealer tries to sell me that and says i only got one chance to pay it by month like a car loan, but i am glad i skipped that. can't you get better deals on ext warranty elsewhere?

@brewedbrean said:
    I was able to secure the price of $24, 540 excluding tax, title, and license for a Honda EX-L 2014 Black in the Chicagoland area. My out of door price was $26,920. I also got .9% financing with zero down at signing at no extra charge. Planning on paying it all off in two years. Not the best deal in the forum but I'm satisfied.

I skipped out on the extended coverage, somewhat regretting it now. Aside from that super happy with the car!!

• Options
    theclutchtheclutch Member Posts: 21

Hi Brian, I just got this quote of 27520 including destination today however reading this forum, davep21 may 28 from Chicago land got this quote, 25518 price before TTL and an out the door price of $28652. Back to my deal, what would be a target price with destination I should go after? this is in So Cal.

thx in advance!

• Options

theclutch

1500 to 2000 below dealers invoice price. This price should include the destanation charge and exclude TTL................. Good luck

• Options
    raf139raf139 Member Posts: 15

@brian125 I got a this quote for an Accord Coupe V6 6sp manual W/nav Black on black. $29,000 plus tax, tag, title & dealer fee. For a total of $31,800. Vehicle has some extras. Trunk tray, wheel locks and nitrogen filled tires? I know it is a hard vehicle to locate. I would have to travel a small distance to get it. Please let me know what you think.

• Options
    brewedbreanbrewedbrean Member Posts: 2

Thanks llie19,

I think I got sidelined a bit when they brought up the extended warranty. I did my research on everything but that piece.

Now having read what consumer reports has said on extended warranties, I think feel much better for skipping it.

@llie19 said:
    congrats on the new buy. why regret not getting extended warranty? i was a little caught off guard when the dealer tries to sell me that and says i only got one chance to pay it by month like a car loan, but i am glad i skipped that. can't you get better deals on ext warranty elsewhere?

• Options
    jack276jack276 Member Posts: 5

Considering buying a new 2014 Accord EX CVT Sedan in Maryland. What is the price I should target at? Saw a lot of posts about LX and EX-L here but not EX. Please let me know if you have any experience with purchasing an EX. Thanks a lot!

• Options
    theclutchtheclutch Member Posts: 21

thanks Brian!
    so according to Nada, the invoice for EXl with nav none v6 is 28269 with destination, which means I should target $26269 - $26769, right!?

thx!

@brian125 said:
    theclutch

1500 to 2000 below dealers invoice price. This price should include the destanation charge and exclude TTL................. Good luck

• Options

@raf139 said:
    brian125 I got a this quote for an Accord Coupe V6 6sp manual W/nav Black on black. $29,000 plus tax, tag, title & dealer fee. For a total of $31,800. Vehicle has some extras. Trunk tray, wheel locks and nitrogen filled tires? I know it is a hard vehicle to locate. I would have to travel a small distance to get it. Please let me know what you think.

This model your looking to buy is a supply and demand car. Gonna be hard to get that knock out price... You need to find dealers with this car on there lot and make your best deal with one of them.. No dealer will go out of his way to find you this car and give you a good price. Coupes are limited.. If your above model is the exl v-6 manuel this mentioned dealer is selling for a couple of hundred below invoice. I would be firm and let every dealership with your model know 1000 below dealers invoice price gets the deal done that moment. Let each dealership know your buying number before you leave your number.. Let each dealership consider that offer ..... Then wait a few weeks til the end of June. You will get your price. I might even consider a lower buying number if i could wait til the end of june.. Then you have the advantage in the negotiations if you could wait.

Remember Pit one dealer against the next . Play the game.

If 5 dealers have your model.... You tell each dealer i just called/ emailed dealers or x honda who has my model on there lot I offered xxx for the sale today. waiting to hear back from them etc. Does your dealership want the sale today. i'm buying right now. I will leave you a credit card deposit Yes or NO....... Make every dealership comit right there. Then move on. You could always revisit each dealership with a counter offer by months end if you cant meet your price. End of June ends the 2nd Quarter for all car companies. Great deals can be had

• Options

@theclutch said:
    thanks Brian!
    so according to Nada, the invoice for EXl with nav none v6 is 28269 with destination, which means I should target $26269 - $26769, right!?

thx!

yes......................... 2k being tops , and most likely buying somewhere in between those set of numbers.

• Options

@brian125‌ Ok I will try that. I hope there is more inventory on this vehicle as the weeks move on. As of right there is not much available to pit dealers against each other.
    Thanks

• Options
    jack276jack276 Member Posts: 5

Hi guys, got an email quote of $22,138.95 plus fees from a dealer based in MD for 2014 EX CVT Sedan. Is it good? Have no experience buying a new car before, so please help. Thanks a lot!

• Options
    wave2mewave2me Member Posts: 3

Hi Brian,
    I am in the Boston area and stopped by for a test drive of a 2014 Accord EX CVT sedan and the dealer gave me a quote of $22,940 (includes destination charges; extras are $349 docs; $125 plates; 6.25% sales tax) without any negotiation on my part since they claimed there was a Memorial Day sale still going on. I had not read this forum yet, so I had no idea if this was a good price for Boston. Should I push them for a lower price?
    Thanks in advance

• Options

wave2 me

1k below dealers invoice is good. People in this forum have been getting close to 1500 + below in the Boston area. get more dealerships involved and try to get at least 300 more dollars.. You should be able to pull that off.

• Options
    vet_lgtvet_lgt Member Posts: 2

Great insight Brian, thanks. Just wondering if it's likely that Honda will roll out rebates/incentive cash for the remaining 2014 Accords over the next few months? Do you know if they offered cash late last year on remaining 2013's?

• Options
    edited June 2014

We had flex cash of 500 from last summer to just last month if you financed thru the honda corp. My best guess is???? If honda does not meet 2nd, and 3rd quarter sales quotas it will come back very quick.

We are seeing pricing for our members here ranging from 800 to 2000 below dealers invoice across the counrty. But thats folks in this forum. I could imagine how many non Edmunds members are getting taking for a price ride at some of these dealerships..

If you buy a Accord in the NY/ NJ area we are on the low end of target pricing. Buy one in MA, Md, VA etc............ you are saving 600 to 1000 dollars.

Here are some of the key factor"s that help.... all of us make a good deal:

What helps all of us get better pricing : Do your pre homework first . Have a target price to buy, high and low price. know what most area's high and low prices are. So it comes down to execution / how good you could negotiate your deal. Getting as many dealerships involved as your willing to travel to . Pitting one dealer against the next. Finding dealership with more stock on there lots will result in better prices. Getting the high volume dealerships involved. Getting outside credit approval 1st.. PEN FED CREDIT UNION has some of the best rates in the country.

You should start your negotiations when your ready to buy. Meaning that day. Putting each dealership on the spot for the sale that moment . Be firm in your negotiations and never give in til you have to. Whether your in the dealership , on the phone , or emailing . We try to buy the last days of the month looking to score with dealerships that need those end of the month sales quota's . If your not a good negotiator start your process the 3rd week of any month and negotiate right til the end of the month, or until you hit your target price.

Happy hunting

• Options
    chasemyaccordchasemyaccord Member Posts: 2

I just bought my 2014 Honda Accord EX sedan at Spreen Honda in SoCal for $22,430 + $230 accessories (trunk mat and wheel locks) = $22,660 before TTL. This was on 5/31 on the last day of the Memorial Day sale. OTD ended up being $24,750. I think that was a pretty good deal. Thoughts?

• Options
    rap3hrap3h Member Posts: 1

Hey everyone, is 1000-2000 below invoice typical nationwide? I'm not sure if I could've gotten a 2014 Honda Accord EX-L for that price in the Nashville, TN area.

• Options

rap3h

Using some of the helpful tips and info in this forum is what will help you obtain that price range. Alot of folks get nowhere near those numbers.

• Options
    cldcomcldcom Member Posts: 7

Help Please. Got this offer on a 2014 Accord Coupe EX-L CVT: $25,443.50 plus $699 dealer fee, for total price of $26,142.50 plus tax and DMV (title, tag, registration) fee. This is about $575 below invoice if my research is correct. Is this a good deal or can I do better? Thank You

• Options

read prior postings

• Options
    vet_lgtvet_lgt Member Posts: 2

I'm looking to buy an Accord Sport CVT this month. The internet sales person at Shockley Honda in Frederick, MD quoted me $4500 off on all Accord LX & Sport models in stock + $200 processing fee. He said they could also bring in cars for $300 extra (i.e. color combinations not in stock). They currently have about 17 LX & 7 Sport models in stock. That puts the LX at $19250 and the Sport at $21000 including destination & processing fees. Of course TTL is not included. I'll be shopping this price at other local dealers and hoping that competition will lead to possibly a few hundred additional dollars off. And if they bring back the $500 flex cash who knows what might be possible toward the end of June.

• Options

Sounds like you have a good game plan. Try to buy right at the end of june this will help you get a few more dollars off those already low prices.

• Options
    keepleftkeepleft Member Posts: 7

Hey @brian125, I've been checking out your posts across the forums as I am in the market for a new honda. I live in the Seattle area and the dealers aren't going more than $500-$800(one dealer) below invoice right now over the phone/internet. I know you've said $1k-$1.7k under is good for seattle market, but do you have any tips for getting there? I keep hearing "oh, but this is already below invoice blah blah". Will waiting til the end of the month really matter? Does Honda actually increase their factory to dealer incentives then, or is it just quotas?

• Options

keepleft

Re- read some of my prior posts and apply what i talk about. End of the month buying/ getting as many dealerships involved in the price wars as your willing to travel to. You will be in that price range

• Options

@brian125 need your assistance! Dealer is telling me that invoice on Coupe EXLV6 with Nav and 6 spd manual is 30,500 including destination fee. Will do $1100 below invoice provided I finance thru Honda, which is fine. He will have to get the vehicle and do a swap. Price for car will be 29400 plus ttl. Tax is 7%, I am transferring tags. Total otd price quoted is 32179. Vehicle has some extras that will be thrown in. What is the correct invoice price? Is this a good deal? Help!!!I

• Options
    freshstartfreshstart Member Posts: 3

I finally did it. Bought a 14' Accord Sport today. Penske Honda in Ontario,CA. $20,900+TTL. No extra msrp $25,305. My OTD price $22,933.15

• Options
    rcp29rcp29 Member Posts: 3

Any recommendation for a good dealership in Central NJ, I am planning to buy Accord EXL. I got a quote from DCH Freehold of 28,300 OTD. I also requested the quote from Pohanka Fredericksburg, where the sales guy gave this quote. The car plus destination plus processing is 25,359. then just add fees for new jersey which you said were 7%. I am not sure if he has added TTL fees to 25,359. Will appreciate your comments.

• Options
    keepleftkeepleft Member Posts: 7

@brian125‌ Yep, I've read all the posts and know end of month/quarter is the time to buy, but is that because Honda offers the dealers additional incentive or because of dealer quotas or what? I've got everyone at $1k under invoice but the last $500 is tough sledding.

• Options
    jl1990jl1990 Member Posts: 3

I've just purchased a 2014 Honda Accord EX-L without Navigation for 26,800 with the protection package. I was wondering if that's a good deal for an out the door price I bought. Im from Northern California located in the Central Valley where I purchased the vehicle.

• Options

@raf139 said:
    brian125 need your assistance! Dealer is telling me that invoice on Coupe EXLV6 with Nav and 6 spd manual is 30,500 including destination fee. Will do $1100 below invoice provided I finance thru Honda, which is fine. He will have to get the vehicle and do a swap. Price for car will be 29400 plus ttl. Tax is 7%, I am transferring tags. Total otd price quoted is 32179. Vehicle has some extras that will be thrown in. What is the correct invoice price? Is this a good deal? Help!!!I

EXL/V6 coupe w nav 6sp

Invoice price = 29,627 + 790= 30,417

• Options
    apple1525apple1525 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2014

Just bought a 2014 Honda Accord LX CVT, OTD $21250, $5000 down, 0.9% APR for 4 years, in SF Bay Area.

• Options
    hondaguymnhondaguymn Member Posts: 33

Hi Brian,

I've been following this forum for a long time. I was just quoted 26,4XX on a 2014 EX-L V6 with 0.9 for 60 Months before TTL.. Should I grab this? I think it's about 2k under invoice.

• Options
    chiu2chiu2 Member Posts: 5

I got a quote of $25988 plus TTL for a 2014 Accord EX-L V6 non NAV sedan from a dealer in NorCal. I am going there this weekend and I hope I get enough $$ for my trade in.

• Options

@hondaguymn said:
    Hi Brian,

I've been following this forum for a long time. I was just quoted 26,4XX on a 2014 EX-L V6 with 0.9 for 60 Months before TTL.. Should I grab this? I think it's about 2k under invoice.

Subtract your dealers doc fee charge from the selling price to get the true selling price.

• Options

@hondaguymn said:
    Hi Brian,

i just re-read your post and checked the numbers.................... This deal is at 2142 below invoice price.

here are my questions to you that you need to find out from the dealership

1- Did the dealer add the destanation charge of 790 onto this deal. If not subtract that from the total below price

2- subtract the dealers doc fee charge from the below invoice price.. What is there fee???

3- Is dealer giving you any flex cash or incentive money to get you to this selling price.

These above factor's determine if your deal is good or not. Your states taxes, and Dmv charges are regulated by your state so that you should not worry about.

• Options
    chasemyaccordchasemyaccord Member Posts: 2

@freshstart said:
    I finally did it. Bought a 14' Accord Sport today. Penske Honda in Ontario,CA. $20,900+TTL. No extra msrp $25,305. My OTD price $22,933.15

Wow, that's a killer deal. My buddy got his for $21.3 before TTL and I thought that was pretty awesome. What color combo did you get?

• Options
    hondaguymnhondaguymn Member Posts: 33
    edited June 2014

Brian, here's my update on a 2014 accord Sedan EXL-V6. Dealer's giving me no flex cash or other incentives. Some regions have 0.9% financing for 36 some have 60 months from Honda Finance. I'll attempt to see if Credit Union will match.

I'll have to travel for this quote below. Otherwise, a local dealer came in about 1000 higher with a dealer sponsored "lifetime powertrain warranty" and I am considering that option as well. Promotions are to change on Tuesday?

Your sale price $25,4XX
    Destination $790
    Documentation $166.
    Total price about 26,400 plus all related licensing and taxes...

• Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,438

@hondaguymn‌

I wouldn't put much stock in that "lifetime powertrain warranty." You are buying a Honda after all.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options

jj22,

Your dealing with 2 of the better dealers in boston. Boch honda is seliing you this vehicle for 2192 below invoice minus there doc fee's equaling 1822 below invoice price. Im sure you may be able to get a few more dollars but you may really have to work for it. probably not woth the time and effort.

My suggestion..... Take Boston's best price and have a dealer by you match this price for the sale today or when your ready to buy. I would consider a few dollars less from a local dealer to avoid all the time/ travel etc.

If you live in CT, NY or NJ, DE, or PA, pricing this low we cant get around here. 1000 to 1500 below invoice is tops and thats paying the dealers doc fee charge on top of this price.

Boston, MD, and VA, have the best pricing on Accords and CRV's right now.

• Options
    edited June 2014

hondaguy

looks like your taking a road trip if no dealers closer to you will match or come close.

You have 3 weeks to close this deal.. whats the rush. The closer you get to the end of June the better you will do with pricing especially in your hood. Trust me ....play the game til the end.... if you dont want to travel to buy.

You already know you can buy for a great price squeeze the dealers in your area. Tell each one i will be buying at x honda at the end of the month . match and you get my business.

Most buyers would kill to be in your position. Enjoy every moment of it .

If you need help IM me and i will set you up with a killer email to all your local dealers putting each one on the spot for the sale.

• Options
    leo_zleo_z Member Posts: 18

Brian, Hi ! I have not seen many posts of Honda EX-L without navigation for AZ in this blog and hence requesting help. I have written to 3 Honda dealers in my area and have received 1 quote so far for 24,908 + TTL + adds. Would you have some suggestions specific to car buying experience in this region ? I plan to buy the car in the next week or so.

• Options
    edited June 2014

Dont know any dealers in AZ. Not many folks talk about deals out there. I had a IM last month for 1275 below invoice after she paid doc fee's and destanation was added to her deal. Is your quote with or without the 790 destanation fee. how much is the dealers doc fee charge?.. If you dont know call and find these important price pieces. It makes your deal go from good at 1742 below invoice price to very bad.

• Options
    leo_zleo_z Member Posts: 18

Thanks for the tip brian. I have written to the dealers, asking for giving me the breakup including destination & doc fees. Let me see what they come back with.

@brian125 said:

Dont know any dealers in AZ. Not many folks talk about deals out there. I had a IM last month for 1275 below invoice after she paid doc fee's and destanation was added to her deal. Is your quote with or without the 790 destanation fee. how much is the dealers doc fee charge?.. If you dont know call and find these important price pieces. It makes your deal go from good at 1742 below invoice price to very bad.