Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• Options
    hondaguymnhondaguymn Member Posts: 33

Discount tire offers an alternative tire warranty that includes free balancing and rotation. Should cost no more than $100 for the life of the tire.

• Options
    thisiztra08thisiztra08 Member Posts: 21

@hondaguymn Thanks for that info! I was considering getting the one that Honda offers because it also covers the actual wheel I think- like if something happens to the rim. If I'm not mistaking. Was wondering if anybody added it too. Guess I should have asked more questions about it.

• Options
    martyg2014martyg2014 Member Posts: 12
    edited August 2014

thisiztra08, I know someone who did buy that on another car. Let me see what they say about it. Sounds like one of Brian's NO NO NO in the finance office. LOL How much does it cost? If it is more than the cost of one rim, it might be too much. Have you ever munched a rim on a pot hole? I clipped the edge of a median (me and 2 others met the same fate) during a rainstorm that destroyed my tire and dented the edge of the rim and the rim was still good for the life of the car with me - over 100,000 plus miles.

• Options
    martyg2014martyg2014 Member Posts: 12

hondaguymn, I have a question about discount tire - maybe you know the answer. Everytime they balance my tires they always use the weights they hang on the rim edge. Do you know if they have the weights glued to the inside of rim. Just curious, those clips really disfigure a nice alloy rim

• Options

@marty2014 Yep, I'm sure it is one of Brian's no no's! Lol! I bought my vehicle on Saturday and didn't get it with any of the other warranty stuff. The only thing I did get was the Gap Protection. I didn't ask how much it was by itself. I may check with my salesman tomorrow and see. I have ran into some bad pot holes before. My thing is I don't wanna end up messing up a tire or rim and having to pay for it. My friend who bought it on another car (she has a Pontiac) said it was her lifesaver as she had many unexpected flats and pot holes. I'm not bad on tires and rims, but hey, you never know. I'll try to check the pricing and report back to see what you guys think.

• Options

Another question I have for the forums- is the LuxCare 5YR protection (299.00) included? I opted out of getting all the extra accessories and stuff. I was told that this was included with the car. I see it on my invoice and trying to make sure they didn't sneak this in on me. Because I will call them back on this. @brian125‌ Do you recall any of the other buyers talking about this line item?

• Options
    brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244

@wave2me said:
    Hi Brian,
    I am going to try and buy a 2014 EX CVT sedan this weekend in the Boston area. Is $2000 + doc fee below invoice still the target price? Can I then $500 off for Loyalty cash? Any suggestions on which are the best dealerships ? Can I combine the Loyalty cash with the 0.9% financing?

Thanks so much

yes

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• Options
    edited August 2014

@thisiztra08 said:
    Another question I have for the forums- is the LuxCare 5YR protection (299.00) included? I opted out of getting all the extra accessories and stuff. I was told that this was included with the car. I see it on my invoice and trying to make sure they didn't sneak this in on me. Because I will call them back on this. brian125‌ Do you recall any of the other buyers talking about this line item?

NO,.....................Save your money!!!!!!!!!

John,

Your car has a factory clear coat finish on it already that protects the paint. What dealers are giving you is like a 20 dollar bottle of liquid glass wax. Please don't be suckered say NO and just build up 4 or 5 layers of wax each year and the clear coat finish on your Honda will stay intact for many years protecting the paints finish.

This is a product designed to be sold by dealers as a way to maximize profits on new car sales. There is probably nothing wrong with it. But it really is no more than a glorified wax job. It will probably last 6 months before it is worn off by sun and regular washing.

• Options
    flatfeetflatfeet Member Posts: 13

Can someone please provide dealership names in Virginia and Maryland that offer 'I don't want to get jerked around' deals? Thank you!

• Options
    null
    Never had an issuen with discount tire on my end.
  • Options

I'll check in later going to play a few rounds of golf today.

• Options
    vinniem1vinniem1 Member Posts: 2
    Hello Forum Users. Thank you all for posting valuable info and advice. I am planning to buy a 2014 accord lx cvt sedan. I am in the little rock arkansas area. A dealership inventory has 30 of these in stock. Another has 15. If i am correct the invoice is 21619 and there are two cash incentives to dealers (according to edmunds) - 1500 and 1000 (2500 total). So if i offer them 19129 + 129 (typical doc fee in AR) = 19258 (out the door total) - is this a reasonable offer? In Arkansas TTL is paid in the DMV later. I have my own financing (i will give them a check from my bank) and i dont have any trade ins. Please let me know if I am doing this correctly. Thanks a bunch for your help.
  • Options

@Brian125 What the finance guy did was make it seem like it was tied into the price. Hmmm. So now what? Do I just contact him back and say this needs to be redone? I will be able to do that correct? The dealership's customer service has been calling me today so maybe I can bring that issue up. I should just say since I was led to believe this was a part of the car and not an extra expense that they should just throw it in for me at this point, but deduct it off my price. I'm going to have to go back and check my invoice to see just to be sure.

Does anyone else have this LUX Care added in? Is it beneficial? I was considering keeping it because of the leather, but I was led to believe it came with the car and not extra.

• Options
    coupeluvacoupeluva Member Posts: 6

@brian125 said:

Brian I think I may have found that dealer but they are over 200mi. away, but no biggee

Offer: BLK/BLK Honda Accord Cpe v6;
    25,880 + $699 Dealer Fee + 6% tax $1594.74= 28173.74 (not including tag and title) but its a transfer, so I'm estimating an addt'l $200.

What do you think? I'm trying to see if any local dealers can match or beat

• Options
    edited August 2014

coupeluva

Your deal is at over 2200 below dealers invoice after taking into consideration the 699 Doc fee charge.. Try to get dealers closer to match or beat this price. These last 5 days left in August are when dealers start to loosen pricing to pick up the smart buyers money. If you can't buy closer to your house make sure you have the 200 mile dealership fax you over the BILL Of Sale.. then you sign , dealer signs, then leave a credit card deposit. If dealer wont agree to this make them send you at least a email conformation with vehicle and exact pricing breakdown in that email. Speak to the internet manager or sales mgr. before you make this 200 mile drive. I would never consider driving that distance with out a signed buyers order/ bill of sale in hand. I cant tell you how many people were mislead and lied to after making a long haul thinking they are getting a really good deal on dealers word..

You are in a good position to strong arm your local dealerships with meet or beat my price for the sale today..

• Options
    edited August 2014

@thisiztra08 said:
    Brian125 What the finance guy did was make it seem like it was tied into the price. Hmmm. So now what? Do I just contact him back and say this needs to be redone? I will be able to do that correct? The dealership's customer service has been calling me today so maybe I can bring that issue up. I should just say since I was led to believe this was a part of the car and not an extra expense that they should just throw it in for me at this point, but deduct it off my price. I'm going to have to go back and check my invoice to see just to be sure.

Does anyone else have this LUX Care added in? Is it beneficial? I was considering keeping it because of the leather, but I was led to believe it came with the car and not extra.

This happen a lot. Dealers will sneak in items hoping you do not catch it with all the confusion going on at that moment.. Go down and raise hell in the back office. Tell them you want that refunded. If selling dealer will not refund.... vent your displeasure telling them you will never buy from them again and make sure all your reviews and referrals steer them from this dealership. Then play the game with them to recoup your money. Ask manager to compensate you with 6 free oil changes, Throw in splash guards and weather mats or a truck liner on your vehicle.. how about pin stripping or free car washes. Try to get something in return if dealer wont refund..

Make sure you are drinking the dealers coffee and having a few of there donuts while your negotiating/ screaming at them................. LOL

@thisiztra08, Remember you signed the deal already........ dealer has your money. The 300 dollars is not going to break you................ just piss you off. Stuff like this drives me crazy too. I hate dealers that are dishonest and deceive us.

Enjoy your new vehicle you still made a good deal regardless.

Thanks for sharing in this forum your posts are helping many here.

• Options
    edited August 2014

@vinniem1 said:
    Hello Forum Users. Thank you all for posting valuable info and advice. I am planning to buy a 2014 accord lx cvt sedan. I am in the little rock arkansas area. A dealership inventory has 30 of these in stock. Another has 15. If i am correct the invoice is 21619 and there are two cash incentives to dealers (according to edmunds) - 1500 and 1000 (2500 total). So if i offer them 19129 + 129 (typical doc fee in AR) = 19258 (out the door total) - is this a reasonable offer? In Arkansas TTL is paid in the DMV later. I have my own financing (i will give them a check from my bank) and i dont have any trade ins. Please let me know if I am doing this correctly. Thanks a bunch for your help.

I'm not sure about a selling price range in Arkansas. I never had anybody post or ask me from your area for help.. But that is no big deal for us in here.... Your key factor is dealers have a lot of stock on there lots . The LX model accords dealers usually have the most of.

I can't confirm Honda's incentives they have pulled back offers. Call the Honda corporate office to find out what there offering. So forget about any incentives for now... whether you get 500 or 1000 don't let it concern you let dealers apply what ever it is to your deal.. You are looking for a certain target price to buy.

With many Lx models on lots make a starting offer to buy that day at 2200 below dealers invoice. If you cant get your target price adjust down a couple of hundred for the sale. . If you know for sure your entitled to 1500 in incentives make your starting offer higher. Play the game and negotiate hard and don't give in till month end.

That's where the real car buying starts with the smart buyers. Who is going to blink 1st.

OUR target price range for this time of the year for all Accords across the country should fall in below posted range. This price is after you take in consideration dealers Admin , or doc fee charge.

1600 to 2500 below dealers invoice with the higher end being achieved only in certain area's and conditions permitting. Most buyers are falling into the 1600 to 2k range .

Factors that may lead to that higher number:

More dealerships and stock in your area.

How good you could negotiate ................. Knowing how and when to buy.

Good luck...................... little rock welcome aboard

• Options
    rdx08rdx08 Member Posts: 8

Brian125, Shopping around in Cleveland Ohio. LX CVT
    Quotes -
    Jay - Invoice $21787
    Sale Price $19,832. (after $1500 incentives)
    Doc Fee 250 doc fee, plus title and registration,
    OTD - 21270.

Motorcars - Invoice $21620
    Sale Price $19,149.10 (after $1500 incentives)
    Doc Fee 250
    Total = $19,399 plus title tax and registration
    OTD $20,800

Do they seem like good deals ?

Invoice seem misstated - true car says $20800
    Both said $1500 incentives included but aren't specifying what they are. I do not qualify for military or grad discount.

I am willing to travel to nearby states including NJ and NY. Do you know of any dealers to approach. Any help is appreciated

• Options
    ravikzmravikzm Member Posts: 1

I have brought Accord EX-L without Navigation on July 20th for OTD $25526.00. Checked few showrooms and got best price from First Team Honda in Chesapeake via internet sales manager. Price split-up as follows - Car Price $23829.25, Processing Fee $599, Title Tax $989.34, Dealers license tax $47.66 and License fee + Title fee + Filing fee $60.75. I said no to extra warranty and got mud guard, wheel locks and trunk tray for free. Also got FREE LIFETIME POWERTRAIN WARRANTY from them.

• Options
    edited August 2014

your lx model invoice is 21,620 which includes the dest charge of 790. NY and NJ dealers are pricing higher than most states. You wont find deals over this way.. Negotiate till months end trying to get 200 to 400 more off your best offer. Then make the deal. There are plenty of good dealers in your surrounding area. Send out emails to each dealer but add a few more dollars onto your asking price. If you cant get a lower price by Aug. 30th make your best deal out of the lot on the 31st.

I bought a Honda from Hidy Honda many years ago. Excellent dealership at the time.

• Options

@brian125 said:
    your lx model invoice is 21,620 which includes the dest charge of 790. NY and NJ dealers are pricing higher than most states. You wont find deals over this way.. Negotiate till months end trying to get 200 to 400 more off your best offer. Then make the deal. There are plenty of good dealers in your surrounding area. Send out emails to each dealer but add a few more dollars onto your asking price. If you cant get a lower price by Aug. 30th make your best deal out of the lot on the 31st.

I bought a Honda from Hidy Honda many years ago. Excellent dealership at the time.

Thanks Brian125, I will try Hidy Honda.

• Options
    flatfeetflatfeet Member Posts: 13

Can someone please provide dealership names in Virginia **and **Maryland that offer 'I don't want to get jerked around' deals? I don't mind venturing out of NC for a good deal/dealership. Thank you!

• Options
    edited August 2014

Pohanka, O'Donnell, Jim Coleman , Brown's and Shockley in MD.

Joyce Koons and Chantilly in VA

• Options
    edited August 2014

I'm helping someone buy a Chevy Cruze this month. I have my 20 targeted dealerships ready to go on my spread sheet with each dealers doc fee charge and the name of each dealers internet mgr / his email, and phone number. This is what I call doing your pre homework before you buy any vehicle. On August 31st sometime in the afternoon I will go down my list / call dealers and buy this vehicle with my target price holding sale with a credit card. It does not get easier than this. Buying the vehicle from the comfort of my house pitting one dealer against the next.... if I have to . A lot of you may not be able to buy a vehicle like I do . I am a expert negotiator doing this many, many years. So if you try to buy like this you may want to start your negotiation on the 2nd to last day of the month.

Give it a try you wont be disappointed PLUS you will have avoided all that in showroom dealership BS. Dealers that wont negotiate online or by phone just discard there number there not worth your time.. Forum Members where dealerships are limited will hurt your leverage price wise and you may have to go into these dealerships to make the deal. Just remember go in there on the last days of the month. and apply the same tips and rules we speak about in here. Have a target price to buy, be firm with negotiating price and do your homework prior to buying. PLEASE know what the invoice price is for your model. If you don't know pricing how could you know if your making a good deal or not. VERY IMPORTANT. Here are some other important factors that will help you make the best possible deal:

Get loan pre-approval from another lender 1st.. Pen Fed credit union has great rates.

Contact your INS. company prior to sale . get fax numbers and names for dealers to contact.

Know all incentives and rebates that apply to you.

Have a high and low target price to buy.

Know WHAT THE DEALERS INVOICE PRICE IS FOR YOUR MODEL.

Know every dealers doc fee/ admin fee charge before you make a offer to buy

When your start your negotiation your buying leverage is putting each dealership on the spot .

Meet my price I buy today.

Pit one dealer against the next.

Say no to anything being sold in that back office. NO- NO- NO

Never buy any extended warranty if you have no clue what a fair price may be.

If there is something in the bill of sale that looks fishy Stop and question the dealer. Call him out. make them explain. Do not rush or make dealer rush you when closing your deal. that's when you are most vulnerable and will overlook something dealer added into your deal costing you $$$$$

Bring a calculator and big note pad into the dealership when your closing the deal.

• Options
    rpizzutirpizzuti Member Posts: 3

So to follow up i ended up getting a 2014 accord lx 6mt for 19400 out the door. Car was 18754 + sales tax on only the difference between my trade and the price of the car + the other stuff. I think i did pretty well. MSRP is like 22000 and invoice 20100, so 1500 under invoice.

• Options

very nice................... enjoy the Accord

• Options

Hi Brian125,

Dealer Invoice 21620 (20830 + 790 dest)
    Sale Price $19000 ;
    Doc Fee $250 ;
    Final Cost $19250 ;
    Tax = $1347 ;
    Temp Tags - $33.50 ;
    OTD = $20630.50 ;

Quoted by email.
    For Ohio is this a good deal (21620 -19250 = 2370 below invoice ?
    What would you do next if you were doing this ?

• Options
    edited August 2014

rdx08

going to assume your numbers are correct. I'm not by my calculator.

2370 minus the doc of 250. You are working on over 2k below invoice.

This is where the fun starts for you. . Round up the 3 or 4 closest dealers . Call directly to each internet manager let each one know you are giving them one last crack at earning your business. add 100 onto your best deal and tell all contacted dealerships beat my price or I'm buying at x Honda as soon as I hang up with you.. I will buy from you today if you agree ..Put dealers on the spot . You have the buying leverage right know. If no dealer will make deal with the 2370 below invoice dealer. Give them your business they earned it..

By waiting closer to the 30th or last day is when you will see how differently you will be treated towards your deal. Find that dealer that's hungry to make his quota / incentives and your deal could go from 2300 to 2700 or higher. This is what I talk about pitting one dealer against the next............. This is how you beat them at there own game. The hungriest dealer will deal with you and take your money.

Be a CLOSER you have nothing to lose and a lot to gain.

I wish I was in your shoes right now. Your in Brian 125's world of buying..... Loving it.

Post name of dealer and details so other member could try for a similar deal.

Good luck and have fun... most buyers never experience this kind of leverage. .

• Options

Hey guys! Just wanted to give an update on what I thought was a discrepancy on my paperwork with an add on. I thought the dealer snuck in the Lux Car Care on me, but I called my salesman back today and actually they didn't. As my salesman promised, they did throw the $299 package in, on them. When I actually sat down and did the calculation, it came out right. So that was a false alarm. I'm glad that saved me a trip back up to the dealer because I was prepared to go off! Lol! Again, that's why it's sooo important to read the line items and do the calculations yourself in case you don't understand something or how they came up with a number.

Anyways, good luck to everyone who's planning to buy soon:-)

• Options
    denisedunlapdenisedunlap Member Posts: 3

Thanks to everyone on this forum, especially Brian! I'm in Nashville, TN and have gotten this price from Crest Honda. No negotiating yet. Is this price any good?
    Car: Honda Accord LX (nothing added)
    Price: $18,991
    Doc fee: $489
    Tennessee tags: $92
    Taxes: $1,511.78
    Total OTD: $21,083.78
    Is that enough info to say this is a good price or not? THANK YOU!

• Options
    denisedunlapdenisedunlap Member Posts: 3

Oops! Forgot to say that the destination fee is included in the price of $18,991.

• Options
    sweets1180sweets1180 Member Posts: 21

Hello forum friends! I am happy to report I am the new lessee of a 2014 Honda Accord V6 Coupe w/Navi! I absolutely love this car, but love it more because of how much I saved in a market that didn't have hardly ANY coupes w/navi. MSRP was $33,500 (had a few dealer add-ons), Invoice $30,419. I got a 36mo/15k lease. Final sales price $28,397 ($2022 below invoice - includes recent grad+dealer cash), DMV taxes/fees $1845, Doc fee $188... OTD $30,430. I put down 1st month + fees down. I hope you are proud of me @brian125‌! May not be the best deal but I'm pretty happy!

I went head strong into the dealership alone as a young woman. Test drove the sedan and coupe. Then started talking numbers. Do you know they came back with numbers based on MSRP first?! I laughed and said I don't know why you are even showing me the MSRP during a clearance event, and knowing the invoice price is $3k below that....so lets start there. I never knew what an invoice price was until this forum. I then pulled out my spreadsheet with data, data, data, and my list of all Honda incentives/rebates/financing offers. AND my pre-calculated DMV fees. They were shocked and completely caught off guard...even got to stuttering. It was fun, and I was out the door from start to finish in 2.5 hours.

I just want to thank you @brian125 for being a generous host to this forum, and passing the secrets to buying a car. I've bought a few cars before this one, but this is the first time I felt confident and in control. Knowledge is truly power, and you are helping us prove that everyday. Thanks for all of your help over the past few weeks. It's been a beautiful journey. I look forward to striking an even better deal in 3 years!

• Options

Sweets...................... You go girl.................... good job!!!!!! enjoy your new ride.

A educated buyer will always come out on top.

• Options

@denisedunlap said:
    Thanks to everyone on this forum, especially Brian! I'm in Nashville, TN and have gotten this price from Crest Honda. No negotiating yet. Is this price any good?
    Car: Honda Accord LX (nothing added)
    Price: $18,991
    Doc fee: $489
    Tennessee tags: $92
    Taxes: $1,511.78
    Total OTD: $21,083.78
    Is that enough info to say this is a good price or not? THANK YOU!

yes you have a good deal at 2139 below dealers invoice

• Options
    chris1982chris1982 Member Posts: 2

Hi all. I am on the market now to buy a Accord Sedan V6 w/ navi. My question is, since the 2015 models will be available in October, should I wait another month? My guess is with the 2014 model, I will be able to negotiate $1-2K off invoice price but with the 2015 model, it may be hard to negotiate as much. On the flip side, if I do wait for the 2015 model, I will have a vehicle 1 year "newer." Thoughts?

• Options

@chris1982 said:
    Hi all. I am on the market now to buy a Accord Sedan V6 w/ navi. My question is, since the 2015 models will be available in October, should I wait another month? My guess is with the 2014 model, I will be able to negotiate $1-2K off invoice price but with the 2015 model, it may be hard to negotiate as much. On the flip side, if I do wait for the 2015 model, I will have a vehicle 1 year "newer." Thoughts?

If you plan on keeping the vehicle forever, go with the 14. If you plan on selling it, the increased price will be worth more down the road.

• Options
    chris1982chris1982 Member Posts: 2

@hondaguymn said:
    If you plan on keeping the vehicle forever, go with the 14. If you plan on selling it, the increased price will be worth more down the road.

Thanks for your advice! I'm undecided whether or not I will sell it after a few years or keep it for a long while. I guess it's something I'll have to factor in when making my decision.

• Options
    abro74abro74 Member Posts: 16

@brian125‌
    Just closed on 2014 accord EX-L with Navi for $25190 (including destination) + taxes (MD) + title, tags($300) and doc fees($297). Invoice on the car $28269. I asked for splash guards and wheel locks but they refused, saying I'm getting a steal. What do you think?
    I'm in Maryland

• Options

the wheel locks should already be on your wheels........... go look

• Options
    benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311

If anyone is near Crest Honda in Nashville, I was quoted 19k flat for a 2014 LX CVT, with similar discounts available on other Accords.

2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • Options
    jerseymikedjerseymiked Member Posts: 5
    A thank you shout out to Brian here.

Closed on a 2014 accord sedan ex-l in NJ. Ended up working with DCH Paramus

Price Breakdown:
    Vehicle: $22,250 (includes destination)
    Taxes: $1,557.50
    Tire tax: $7.50
    Dealer doc: $369
    Registration/title: $301

I followed Brian's recommendations. I think it being the end of the month really helped. My advice to others here is be persistent and hold your ground (this is really Brian's advice, but I must emphasize it works).
  • Options
    edited August 2014

jerseymiked ,

you posted the wrong selling number on the EXL model. re- check your bill of sale.

invoice w dest on your model is........................ 26,650

Thanks for the plug I wish I had 1 dollar every time I heard that shout. .

• Options
    edited August 2014

Hey mike,

I will bet you that buck back. I'm going to say your selling vehicle price in NJ was 24,250 minus the dealers doc fee charge of 369 would put you at 2031 below dealers invoice.

If I'm correct you owe me 2 now............

Going out to play a few rounds of golf...... might need that cash later....... lol

• Options
    sweets1180sweets1180 Member Posts: 21
    edited August 2014

@brian125 said:
    Sweets...................... You go girl.................... good job!!!!!! enjoy your new ride.
    A educated buyer will always come out on top.

Thanks Brian! I will definitely enjoy! :-)

• Options
    andmilneandmilne Member Posts: 10

Hi all, I have been lurking for quite so time. I have seen a post or two about buying in Indiana but no responses on that. I am not sure what the market here is on trying to purchase a 2014 Honda Accord Ex-L - if I can aim for 1000-2000$ below invoice now that the 2015 has come out. If the difference is only a few hundred, I would likely go for the 2015 instead. I tried to email for a price quote on a preferred dealer through my company but they came back pretty high I thought:

Sale Price 26,350

• 1,500 dealer cash
      +1739.50 tax

• 1.25 tire tax

• 50 bmv = otd price is 26,640.75

I have seen other 2015 year Honda Accord EX-L's ADVERTISED online for $26,887 online price so I'm not sure what the disparity is here. Any help on the market in Indiana is greatly appreciated. Willing to travel if needed to save.

• Options
    heyw00dheyw00d Member Posts: 10

Hi All,

This is for people in NJ. I bought Honda EX-L CVT yesterday from Planet Honda.
    Here is the breakdown...

Price (incl destination) 24040 + 1682 (Tax) + 7.50 (Tire fee) + 301 DMV + 398 (Docs) + 10 (online fee) = $26440 (OTD). Got free oil changes and Tire roation free for a year, also they gave wheel lock free. I got 0.9% financing for 60 months.

So I got the care about $2500 below invoice.

Other dealers I checked out - Clinton Honda OTD price about $700 more than Planet. Bridgewater Honda OTD was $300 more than Planet. Year end sales are great - few more days to get good deal. Thanks all on this forum for all help and suggestions.

• Options
    azza997azza997 Member Posts: 3

Hi All,

Long time member, first time poster..

I am writing to get your opinion on dealerships for purchasing a new 2014 Accord EX CVT Sedan in the SF Bay Area.

If there are folks who bought recently could you guide me to a good honest dealership ? Also please help me with the prices paid and your Accord model.

@brian125‌, i see you have very helpful to other members..can I seek your guidance.

Thanks.

• Options
    coupeluvacoupeluva Member Posts: 6

Brian,

Should i get a Buyers Order before I go in this weekend on the offers received. Asking because I just tried to engage another dealership and the GM told me since my offer is low, I should get a Buyers Order because the dealers are just trying to get me in the door.

• Options
    lss3lss3 Member Posts: 7

Hi All,
    I bought Accord LX CVT yesterday at Autosport NJ for the following price:

Selling Price -19254.56 ($2015 below invoice including doc fee)
    Doc fee -349
    NJ tax - 1347.81
    Tire fee - 7.5
    Online processing fee -7.7
    Registration, title tags - 271
    Total 21,237.58

The dealer included Wheel locks, trunk tray and Splash guards at no extra cost. Thanks @brian125 for all your help.

• Options
    edited August 2014

@coupeluva said:
    Brian,

Should i get a Buyers Order before I go in this weekend on the offers received. Asking because I just tried to engage another dealership and the GM told me since my offer is low, I should get a Buyers Order because the dealers are just trying to get me in the door.

If dealers are close its not needed. if your driving 1 hour or more I would try to buy the vehicle via fax holding with a credit card. If dealers wont agree to that you need something in writing thru a email with model and price breakdown . Hate to drive a distance and get burned on a good offer . It has happen to me several times over the years but dealerships were close by.