Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2014 Lexus ES 350 Lease Questions

245

Comments

  • odessit2odessit2 Posts: 14

    Hello, all. What is the current residual and money factor for the ES300h. I'd like 24, 27, 36, 39 month values with 15K miles/year. Thank you!

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,646

    @odessit2 said:
    Hello, all. What is the current residual and money factor for the ES300h. I'd like 24, 27, 36, 39 month values with 15K miles/year. Thank you!

    .00075 MF and 68/66/58/55% residual

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • qkslvrqkslvr Posts: 34
    What is the residual and money factor on 27 month es 350 12k miles per year?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,410

    @qkslvr said:
    What is the residual and money factor on 27 month es 350 12k miles per year?

    .00075 and 68%

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • kitty1709kitty1709 Posts: 2

    Hi everyone. Does anyone knows price / best deal for lease 2014 Es350 with ultra luxury package, blind spot, pcs, etc? Please help! Thanks

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,410

    @kitty1709 said:
    Hi everyone. Does anyone knows price / best deal for lease 2014 Es350 with ultra luxury package, blind spot, pcs, etc? Please help! Thanks

    I can't comment on the expected selling price, as I'm not in the market.

    What lease term and miles per year are you looking for? We can provide the base money factor and residual with that information.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • raj2014raj2014 Posts: 19

    Can you please provide June MF and RV for ES350 on 27/36 w/ 7.5K miles?

    Thanks

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,410

    @raj2014 said:
    Can you please provide June MF and RV for ES350 on 27/36 w/ 7.5K miles?

    Thanks

    27/7.5 - 70%

    36/7.5 - 62%

    .00035 MF and $500 lease cash.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • raj2014raj2014 Posts: 19

    @Michaell,

    Thanks for all your help.

  • makusamamakusama Posts: 1

    i'm a noob at leasing and the wife wants to lease 2014 ES350. I have a lease return of 2011 IS250 due at November and will trade it in. Can anyone give me pointers on how to negotiate for a better dean than what's offered now from Lexus ? Lexus has $349.00 /24 Mo/ 3K due. I will want to got the dealer next week to work out a deal. I'm in CA.. most likely will goto Longo Lexus.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,410

    @makusama said:
    i'm a noob at leasing and the wife wants to lease 2014 ES350. I have a lease return of 2011 IS250 due at November and will trade it in. Can anyone give me pointers on how to negotiate for a better dean than what's offered now from Lexus ? Lexus has $349.00 /24 Mo/ 3K due. I will want to got the dealer next week to work out a deal. I'm in CA.. most likely will goto Longo Lexus.

    First, use the pricing tools at the top of the page to determine a fair selling price. We can provide you with the MF and residual if you tell us how long the lease term is and how many miles per year you want.

    The big issue is the existing lease. Some dealers will try to roll in the remaining payments into your new deal. If you have any equity, you might be able to trade the car in without owing anything.

    The national deal is just ok. Would not recommend putting $3k down, however. If the car is stolen or totaled, you are out that money.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Can you please provide June MF and RV for ES300H on 27/36 w/ 15K miles?
    Also, how much does each extra MSD buy down the MF?

    Thanks

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,410

    @foilingfool said:
    Can you please provide June MF and RV for ES300H on 27/36 w/ 15K miles?
    Also, how much does each extra MSD buy down the MF?

    Thanks

    66% (27) and 58% (36) for residual. .00035 MF for both lease terms.

    The MSD information I have is sketchy - I've seen a range of .0001 to .0008 for each MSD made, up to a total of 9.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • sjeedsjeed Posts: 111

    @Michaell said:
    66% (27) and 58% (36) for residual. .00035 MF for both lease terms.
    The MSD information I have is sketchy - I've seen a range of .0001 to .0008 for each MSD made, up to a total of 9.

    Dealer is still quoting .00075 MF???

    Could it still be .00075 for the ES300h versus the ES350, or just getting a marked-up rate?

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,646

    @sjeed said:
    Could it still be .00075 for the ES300h versus the ES350, or just getting a marked-up rate?

    I'm showing .00075 MF for the Hybrid.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • sjeedsjeed Posts: 111
    edited June 2014

    @[email protected] said:
    I'm showing .00075 MF for the Hybrid.

    Okay, I guess Michaell's post of .00035 was incorrect.

    Thanks for clearing that up!

  • drod906drod906 Posts: 8

    Hi everyone...this is great information and hoping you all can help me as well. I am in Dallas, TX and getting close to make a deal with our lexus dealership and would appreciate your feedback.

    Here's what are looking at:

    2014 ES 350 with leather/nav package and getting 18" black chrome, remote start, rear spoiler and tint...total price is about $45,600.

    I am trading in my truck and giving me $10K for it. However, the residual value they quoted was about $22,600.

    Lease plan is for 48 months with 12K miles

    Monthly plan quoted is $515/month

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,410

    @drod906 said:
    Hi everyone...this is great information and hoping you all can help me as well. I am in Dallas, TX and getting close to make a deal with our lexus dealership and would appreciate your feedback.

    Here's what are looking at:

    2014 ES 350 with leather/nav package and getting 18" black chrome, remote start, rear spoiler and tint...total price is about $45,600.

    I am trading in my truck and giving me $10K for it. However, the residual value they quoted was about $22,600.

    Lease plan is for 48 months with 12K miles

    Monthly plan quoted is $515/month

    Is the $45,600 the MSRP or the negotiated cap cost?

    Is the $10K of trade equity meant to be used to de-cap the lease? If so, I would recommend against that - if the vehicle is stolen or totaled, you are out that money. Instead, use the equity to make MSDs to lower the MF and have the remained returned to you in the form of a check from the dealership.

    Residual is 50% for 48mo/12K miles; you might want to look into a 36/39 month lease, where the 12K residuals are 60% or 57%, respectively.

    Also ensure that the dealer isn't marking up the MF on you - the base MF on the ES350 is .00055 for up to 36 months, but .00075 for 37-48 month leases.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • drod906drod906 Posts: 8

    Correction, the price with add-ons about $48,400. Have not seen the final numbers. They have their "No Haggle" price program but I'm sure there is room for wiggle room.

    Sorry for my lack of knowledge here but when you say de-cap the lease, do you mean the use of the $10K to lower the final cost of the car, then yes. How would I go about making that recommendation on the MSDs? I assume you mean multiple security deposits? What is the MF?

    The rep has mentioned that on a 36 month lease my payment would actually be $525 verus $515 on the 48/12K lease.

    Finally what is: dealer isn't marking up the MF on you - the base MF on the ES350 is .00055 for up to 36 months, but .00075 for 37-48 month leases.

    Thanks for your quick reply.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,410

    @drod906 said:
    Correction, the price with add-ons about $48,400. Have not seen the final numbers. They have their "No Haggle" price program but I'm sure there is room for wiggle room.

    Sorry for my lack of knowledge here but when you say de-cap the lease, do you mean the use of the $10K to lower the final cost of the car, then yes. How would I go about making that recommendation on the MSDs? I assume you mean multiple security deposits? What is the MF?

    The rep has mentioned that on a 36 month lease my payment would actually be $525 verus $515 on the 48/12K lease.

    Finally what is: dealer isn't marking up the MF on you - the base MF on the ES350 is .00055 for up to 36 months, but .00075 for 37-48 month leases.

    Thanks for your quick reply.

    Sorry - MF is money factor. Talk to the salesperson - or, better yet, the finance person - about the use of multiple security deposits.

    Dealers have the right to increase the base money factor to add profit to the deal. In this case, your dealer is using the base money factor, which is a good thing.

    Yes, I meant using the $10K trade equity to lower the final cost of the car.

    So, you'd be paying 36x525=18,900 versus 48x515=24,720 - seems to be the 36 month lease is the way to go.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • drod906drod906 Posts: 8

    In this case, how would moving the $10k for trade-in be re-worked into MSD's and would that have an impact on my payment?

    Finally, does the monthly lease payment seem reasonable for what we are looking at getting in your opinion?

    And thank you very much for your help, information and quick responses!!

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,410

    @drod906 said:
    In this case, how would moving the $10k for trade-in be re-worked into MSD's and would that have an impact on my payment?

    Finally, does the monthly lease payment seem reasonable for what we are looking at getting in your opinion?

    And thank you very much for your help, information and quick responses!!

    The MSD is the calculated monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $50 - each MSD reduces the MF by .0001. The lower the MF, the lower your payment will be.

    It's unlikely that the maximum 9 MSD's allowed by Lexus would consume the entire $10K of equity, so the remainder would be returned to you as a check from the dealership.

    And, you get the MSD money back at the end of the lease.

    I would continue to negotiate using MSDs and not down payment - that money will be lost if the vehicle is stolen or totaled.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • drod906drod906 Posts: 8
    Based on what you're recommending and using maximum of multiple MSDs, what would you guesstimate as a possible monthly payment based on the information already provided and would it be substantial?

    Thanks
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,410

    @drod906 said:
    Based on what you're recommending and using maximum of multiple MSDs, what would you guesstimate as a possible monthly payment based on the information already provided and would it be substantial?

    Thanks

    i still would need both the MSRP and negotiated selling price to model a payment.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • abc_lease1abc_lease1 Posts: 12

    Hello, may I ask for Residual% and Money factor for 2014 ES350 with Navi (44,815 MSRP) for 27/10K? Thanks in advance.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,410

    @abc_lease1 said:
    Hello, may I ask for Residual% and Money factor for 2014 ES350 with Navi (44,815 MSRP) for 27/10K? Thanks in advance.

    69% and .00075

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • abc_lease1abc_lease1 Posts: 12
    edited June 2014

    Thanks for everyone's help! I signed this deal today in NJ:

    2014 ES350 with Nav (44,814 MSRP) with lip spoiler and body molding.

    • [email protected]
    • $1450 out of pocket (includes 1st month and bank fee)
    • $3375 - 9 MSD's refundable by lease end
    • $361.88 a month for remaining 26 months (includes NJ tax)

    Just found out about MSD's from you guys here, seems like a no-brainer for a lease as it brings money factor down to almost nothing.

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,646

    Looks like a great deal.. Congrats!

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • drod906drod906 Posts: 8

    @Michaell said:
    i still would need both the MSRP and negotiated selling price to model a payment.

    Ok - here's what i've been gathering since my last post.

    Final price of the car is $45,767. This is their "no haggle" price so no room for negotiation. This is base plus options. Base was $41,303. Options included tint, remote start, 18" wheels with black chrome, rear spoiler, clear shield and ding/dent warranty.

    There is rebate of $500. My trade is $9,500 to reduce Cap Cost. Residual Value is $20,652. Lease is a 48/12K miles. The Money Factor is .00135. My estimated monthly payment including Gap Insurance will be: $470/month out the door.

    Looks like a good deal but would appreciate your input and opinion.

    Thanks.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,410

    @drod906 said:
    Ok - here's what i've been gathering since my last post.

    Final price of the car is $45,767. This is their "no haggle" price so no room for negotiation. This is base plus options. Base was $41,303. Options included tint, remote start, 18" wheels with black chrome, rear spoiler, clear shield and ding/dent warranty.

    There is rebate of $500. My trade is $9,500 to reduce Cap Cost. Residual Value is $20,652. Lease is a 48/12K miles. The Money Factor is .00135. My estimated monthly payment including Gap Insurance will be: $470/month out the door.

    Looks like a good deal but would appreciate your input and opinion.Thanks.

    I would not use the trade equity to de-cap the lease .. if the car is stolen or totaled, you are out that money. Instead, make the maximum 9 security deposits to reduce the MF (which is inflated, by the way, from the base of .00075).

    What is the sticker price, if the selling price is $45,767?

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • drod906drod906 Posts: 8

    @Michaell said:
    What is the sticker price, if the selling price is $45,767?

    Sticker is $41,303 with added options of $4,464 so the selling price is $45,767. How do I get them to reduce the Money Factor to a rate of .00075??

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,410

    @drod906 said:
    Sticker is $41,303 with added options of $4,464 so the selling price is $45,767. How do I get them to reduce the Money Factor to a rate of .00075??

    You politely explain to them that you won't sign any deal that includes a marked up money factor. And, start talking with another Lexus dealer.

    Is the selling price the same as the MSRP in this situation? Usually you can negotiate a discount off the MSRP which will help reduce your payment.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • drod906drod906 Posts: 8

    @Michaell said:
    Is the selling price the same as the MSRP in this situation? Usually you can negotiate a discount off the MSRP which will help reduce your payment.

    Ok, will try that. Yes, the selling price and MSRP are the same.

    So based on the information that I have provided you previously, and your recommendation of multiple MSD's and a lower MF of .00075, what would guesstimate as my potential monthly payment with a selling price of $45,767 that did not change from the MSRP?

    Just trying to compare my monthly payment o f $471 versus your estimate.

    Thanks

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,410

    @drod906 said:
    Thanks

    lets back up a minute - .00075 is the base MF for leases from 37-48 months. MSDs will lower the base rate further.

    Using the MSRP and the sales price you've provided for 48 months, i calculate the pre-tax payment as $528.23. I'm guessing that your dealer is applying trade equity to the cap cost to lower the payment.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • drod906drod906 Posts: 8

    @Michaell said:

    That is correct.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,410

    @drod906 said:

    Which I've recommended not to do. But, ultimately, it's your decision and I understand the desire to have a lower monthly payment.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Hello Everyone!

    I have just started looking for a 2014 ES in the Phoenix, AZ area. With the options I want, it has an MSRP of approximately $42,500. I was not thrilled with the first offer I had and will look at other dealers.

    I am looking at leasing and am really interested in the concept of MSDs -- seems like a "really smart" deal to me. Is there a thread that explains the calculation in more detail? I like to have everything in order when get heavily involved in negotiations. I have found the "finance" people can be pretty slick and I, therefore, like to check my figures against theirs.

    Also, can someone give me the MFs and Residuals for a 24, 27, and 36 month leases. (The 24 month lease is the one that is nationally advertised, at least here in AZ.)

    Thanks in advance. Every time I purchase a vehicle, I learn from consulting this site!

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,410

    @liveindesert said:
    Hello Everyone!

    I have just started looking for a 2014 ES in the Phoenix, AZ area. With the options I want, it has an MSRP of approximately $42,500. I was not thrilled with the first offer I had and will look at other dealers.

    I am looking at leasing and am really interested in the concept of MSDs -- seems like a "really smart" deal to me. Is there a thread that explains the calculation in more detail? I like to have everything in order when get heavily involved in negotiations. I have found the "finance" people can be pretty slick and I, therefore, like to check my figures against theirs.

    Also, can someone give me the MFs and Residuals for a 24, 27, and 36 month leases. (The 24 month lease is the one that is nationally advertised, at least here in AZ.)

    Thanks in advance. Every time I purchase a vehicle, I learn from consulting this site!

    .00075 MF. 68 / 66 58 residual for 24 / 27 / 36 mo and 15K miles. add 2% for 12k and 3% for 10k

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Thank you for the info. How much do MSDs reduce the MF? Can the MF go to zero?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,410

    @liveindesert said:
    Thank you for the info. How much do MSDs reduce the MF? Can the MF go to zero?

    There seems to be some disagreement as to how much each MSD reduces the MF ... I've seen .0001, but as high as .0008 per.

    No, the MF cannot go to zero ... the lowest they will write a lease for is .0001

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Hello again,
    I finished a deal on a 2014 ES 250. MSRP $43,767; Sales Price $39,328. Money factor was 0.00075 and I reduced it by applying 9 MSDs to 0.00003 (each MSD was worth 0.00008 reduction to the MF). The dealer's finance guy could not understand why I used the MSDs. He said no one does them any more because the MF is so low. I went through the calculations with him showing him I saved $50 a month in lease payment - $600/ year on my total deposit of $3,825. That's just under a 16% annual return on my money! (I still am not sure that he understood the logic.) If LFS fails, I guess I am out of luck in getting the deposit back , but I think I'll be OK. Thanks to you all for showing me this option. It worked great for me.

    He pushed one new sales item that I have not seen before. Insurance against lease return damage. It would have added about $975 to the entire lease term. I declined since I have returned three lease cars to Lexus with no charges whatsoever. Is this a new gimmick or is Lexus becoming more strict with lease return inspections?

    Thanks for everyone's help.

  • krazy3281krazy3281 Posts: 11

    July Residuals and MF for 12K/24 months on a Premium Package ES350? Thanks

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,410

    @krazy3281 said:
    July Residuals and MF for 12K/24 months on a Premium Package ES350? Thanks

    Which state?

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • greekarmygreekarmy Posts: 1

    I live in Utah. There are only two Lexus dealers here (both owned by the same group). Tried to make a deal yesterday and they were very unreasonable. They know they are the only game in town. Looking to get one out of state if it makes sense. Does anyone know how that works with a lease? How does sales tax figure into it? Registration? And given the extra costs of shipping or driving the vehicle back, is it worth it?

  • 13rx35013rx350 Posts: 2

    Would someone kindly provide July MF and residuals for Nebraska (Omaha) on the ES350 and ES300h ?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,410

    @13rx350 said:
    Would someone kindly provide July MF and residuals for Nebraska (Omaha) on the ES350 and ES300h ?

    What lease term and how many miles per year?

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • 13rx35013rx350 Posts: 2
    edited July 2014

    @Michaell said:

    Sorry I'm interested in both the 27mo and 36 mo at 12k miles. Thanks Michaell

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,410

    @13rx350 said:
    Sorry I'm interested in both the 27mo and 36 mo at 12k miles. Thanks Michaell

    27/12 ES350 - .00055

    36/12 ES350 and 27/12 & 36/12 ES300h - .00075

    $1000 lease cash for both, plus first month's payment up to $700.

    Residual 67% for 27/12 and 59% for 36/12.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Would someone please provide July MF and residuals for the ES350 for NJ and NY. 27mo and 36mo at 10K miles. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.