We have an updated look. Click here for information on how to manage your settings. If you run into any issues, please email [email protected]

2014 BMW 2-Series Lease Questions

vistavista Posts: 9
edited May 2015 in BMW

To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 BMW 2 Series Lease Questions forum.
You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 BMW 2 Series page.

Why don't we start a separate discussion topic for us current/prospective 2-series leasees?

I'll start: [email protected], what are the MF and residual in February 2014 for:
228i @ 10k/yr?
228i @ 12k/yr?

«134

Comments

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 184,417

    @vista said:
    Why don't we start a separate discussion topic for us current/prospective 2-series leasees?

    I'll start: [email protected], what are the MF and residual in February 2014 for:
    228i @ 10k/yr?
    228i @ 12k/yr?

    36mo, 12K/yr lease

    .00130 MF and 62% residual. Add 1% for 10K/yr

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • vistavista Posts: 9

    Thanks, as always. Someone somewhere else mentioned the buy rate had dropped to .0012, so it is good to know the correct answer.

  • MRHammarMRHammar Posts: 30

    Hi there. Would you share the March residuals and MF for a 228i, 10k & 12k/36 mos. Any incentives, loyalty, or guidance on discounts from MSRP? I know I will be ordering one with a manual if that impacts anything. Thanks!

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 184,417

    @MRHammar said:
    Hi there. Would you share the March residuals and MF for a 228i, 10k & 12k/36 mos. Any incentives, loyalty, or guidance on discounts from MSRP? I know I will be ordering one with a manual if that impacts anything. Thanks!

    .00130 MF and 62% residual for 12K/yr. 63% for 10K/yr. No apparent incentives (other than the great residual).

    No idea on discounts, other than "not much".

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • julio91julio91 Miami, FloridaPosts: 153

    To bad I wont be in the market for a new car till 2016 -____- I really want this car. Can anyone post their deal ? and monthly payment that would be awesome.

  • M235 the same numbers?

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 184,417

    @the_yeoman said:
    M235 the same numbers?

    Yes... same numbers for the 228i and the 235i

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • vistavista Posts: 9

    Is the April program unchanged, please?

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 184,417

    @vista said:
    Is the April program unchanged, please?

    Same numbers as March

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • tampa_leetampa_lee Posts: 12

    Im new to leasing, and not sure what factors effect money factor. IM looking at a 2014 M235 on a 2 yr lease with 15k per year mileage. Can someone give me an idea of money factor? My credit should be top tier (over 750)

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 179,608

    @tampa_lee said:
    Im new to leasing, and not sure what factors effect money factor. IM looking at a 2014 M235 on a 2 yr lease with 15k per year mileage. Can someone give me an idea of money factor? My credit should be top tier (over 750)

    Base MF for M235i is .00130 and residual is 66% for 24 months. Dealer can (and often will) mark up the MF for more profit. Multiple security deposits can be used to reduce the MF.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • tampa_leetampa_lee Posts: 12

    What does the Residual change to on a 36 mos term? Any MF change if term changes?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 179,608

    @tampa_lee said:
    What does the Residual change to on a 36 mos term? Any MF change if term changes?

    MF stays the same; residual drops to 60%

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • barr615barr615 Posts: 12

    Is this a good deal? 2014 M235i MSRP 48,300-12k-36 month-$550/month. Out of pocket $3450 plus 7 MSD's. Total out of pocket $7300

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 179,608

    @barr615 said:
    Is this a good deal? 2014 M235i MSRP 48,300-12k-36 month-$550/month. Out of pocket $3450 plus 7 MSD's. Total out of pocket $7300

    Can't tell without knowing the selling price and the MF, either before or after the MSD's.

    Does any of the $3450 include cap cost reduction?

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Is it possible to get residual/MF for a 228i 36mo./15k. Any incentives? Thanks

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 179,608

    @driversedge said:
    Is it possible to get residual/MF for a 228i 36mo./15k. Any incentives? Thanks

    .00130 and 60% for 36/15. No incentives that I see, other than a program to pull-ahead an existing BMW lease.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • barr615barr615 Posts: 12

    Hi Michael. The MF is .0013 Selling price is $47,300. I do not know about the cost cap reduction. What is cost cap? Thank you.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 179,608

    @barr615 said:
    Hi Michael. The MF is .0013 Selling price is $47,300. I do not know about the cost cap reduction. What is cost cap? Thank you.

    That is the base MF - if you are putting down 7 MSDs, that should reduce the MF to .00081.

    The capitalized cost is the net selling price of the car. A cap cost reduction is similar to a down payment - but, in a lease, it is not something you want to do. If the car is stolen or totaled, you are out that money. Security deposits, on the other hand, are returned to you at the end of the lease.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • bmikebmike Posts: 4

    The May lease offer from BMW for the M235i w/ Premium Package is $449/month (36mo./10k) with $3,000 down payment (MSRP $46,325). What should I expect the monthly payments to be with a MSRP of $44,575 (no Premium Package) and 36mo./10k if I don't want to put any money down? Thanks.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 179,608

    @bmike said:
    The May lease offer from BMW for the M235i w/ Premium Package is $449/month (36mo./10k) with $3,000 down payment (MSRP $46,325). What should I expect the monthly payments to be with a MSRP of $44,575 (no Premium Package) and 36mo./10k if I don't want to put any money down? Thanks.

    Generally, you can take the down payment and divide it by the lease term to get the additional payment - in this case, $3000/36 = $83/mo. Or, $532/mo.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • bmikebmike Posts: 4

    Hi Michaell, thank you for your reply. Since the lease offer MSRP is $1,750 higher than the configuration I'd want, what would the expected payments be in that case? Around $500/mo?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 179,608

    @bmike said:
    Hi Michaell, thank you for your reply. Since the lease offer MSRP is $1,750 higher than the configuration I'd want, what would the expected payments be in that case? Around $500/mo?

    Give or take, yeah, $500/mo should be achievable.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Patelshivam94Patelshivam94 NJPosts: 59
    Please post the May 2014 Residuals and Money Factor for 228i xDrive 12k miles and 15k miles.

    Thanks You
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 184,417

    @Patelshivam94 said:
    Please post the May 2014 Residuals and Money Factor for 228i xDrive 12k miles and 15k miles.

    Thanks You

    I don't think the 228i comes in AWD...

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • Patelshivam94Patelshivam94 NJPosts: 59
    null

    Right...my apologies.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 179,608

    @Patelshivam94 said:
    null

    Right...my apologies.

    You didn't mention the lease term, so I'll assume 36 months.

    228i - .00130 MF and 60% for 15K miles. Add 2% for 12K.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • bmikebmike Posts: 4
    edited May 2014

    Can someone please post the residual and money factor for M235i 10k miles 36mo.? Thanks!

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 179,608

    @bmike said:
    Can someone please post the residual and money factor for M235i 10k miles 36mo.? Thanks!

    .00130 and 63%.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • ducat13ducat13 Posts: 29

    Are there shorter lease terms available? If so, can you please post residuals and MFs accordingly? I'm looking for 10K miles per year.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 179,608

    @ducat13 said:
    Are there shorter lease terms available? If so, can you please post residuals and MFs accordingly? I'm looking for 10K miles per year.

    MF is the same. 69% residual for 24mo and 10k

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • jasond13jasond13 Posts: 14

    The MF & residual for a 12k 36 month lease on a 2014 M235i thanks in advance.

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 184,417

    @jasond13 said:
    The MF & residual for a 12k 36 month lease on a 2014 M235i thanks in advance.

    .00130 MF and 62% residual. $1000 option credit.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • jasond13jasond13 Posts: 14
    I'm sorry I meant 15k on 36 months ?
    Also the car I'm interested in is the floor model it has 150 miles on it also a ding in the door but that's fixed. My question is how much should that bring down the value. Considering the break in Process has not been followed is there a percentage that should come off how is that figured?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 179,608

    @jasond13 said:
    I'm sorry I meant 15k on 36 months ?

    Take 2% off the residual quoted above.

    Also the car I'm interested in is the floor model it has 150 miles on it also a ding in the door but that's fixed. My question is how much should that bring down the value. Considering the break in Process has not been followed is there a percentage that should come off how is that figured?

    You might be able to get a few hundred shaved off the selling price for the (low) miles on the unit in question.

    I'm not following what you mean by 'break in process not being followed'. The only thing I'm aware of is if the car is titled or not - if it is, it's considered a used car.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • jasond13jasond13 Posts: 14
    I just meant that this car has been driven hard. Everyone who test drove it put it to the floor The sale man was telling me to do it. I did not want to because there is usually an important break in process stated in the manual by the MF. Because you could hurt the engine or whatever. But like you said, I can say that an maybe get a few hundred off. I'm going to see what kind of deal I can get.
    Thanks for the info much appreciate.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 179,608

    @jasond13 said:
    I just meant that this car has been driven hard. Everyone who test drove it put it to the floor The sale man was telling me to do it. I did not want to because there is usually an important break in process stated in the manual by the MF. Because you could hurt the engine or whatever. But like you said, I can say that an maybe get a few hundred off. I'm going to see what kind of deal I can get.
    Thanks for the info much appreciate.

    Ah, got it! Yes, for any performance car that is used for test drives, I might worry about how it was driven.

    But, when you read the owners manual, most of the time the break in process tells the owner not to drive too many miles at the same speed (ie, on cruise control). The variance will help 'seat' the engine parts better.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • jasond13jasond13 Posts: 14
    Either or, each car has a different process. But I will use it as a bargaining chip thanks again.
  • sacamanosacamano Posts: 9

    Hi Michael:

    Could you please provide the MF and residual currently for a 2014 228i for 3 yrs and 10K mi/yr (tech pkg and driver asst pkg among other options). And do I understand BMW also has an option credit incentive going on? Thanks.

    Pete

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 184,417

    @sacamano said:
    Hi Michael:

    Could you please provide the MF and residual currently for a 2014 228i for 3 yrs and 10K mi/yr (tech pkg and driver asst pkg among other options). And do I understand BMW also has an option credit incentive going on? Thanks.

    Pete

    .00130 MF and 63% residual. $1000 option credit.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • briguy312briguy312 Posts: 6

    Can I get the June MF and residual for a 2014 BMW M235i? I'm looking at 36 months and 10K per year. Also, is there an option credit for the M235? Thanks!

  • galefacegaleface Posts: 2

    Could I get the June MF and residual for a 2014 BMW 228i? Interested in a 36 months and 12k per year.

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 179,608

    @briguy312 said:
    Can I get the June MF and residual for a 2014 BMW M235i? I'm looking at 36 months and 10K per year. Also, is there an option credit for the M235? Thanks!

    .00130 and 63%. $1000 option credit.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 179,608

    @galeface said:
    Could I get the June MF and residual for a 2014 BMW 228i? Interested in a 36 months and 12k per year.

    .00130 and 62%. $1000 option credit.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • briguy312briguy312 Posts: 6

    @Michaell said:
    .00130 and 63%. $1000 option credit.

    Thanks

  • jddssc121jddssc121 Posts: 135

    Is BMW loyalty applicable to a 2 series? If so, what is it? Still @ $750?

  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 184,417

    @jddssc121 said:
    Is BMW loyalty applicable to a 2 series? If so, what is it? Still @ $750?

    I'm not aware of any current BMW loyalty programs, other than a pull-ahead program to take you out of a current lease.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • darian929darian929 Posts: 18

    Hello Gentlemen,

    I am about to pull the trigger on an 2014 228i m sport package estoril blue for 36 months/10k miles

    1500 out of pocket
    $420 including taxes

    credit score is 800

    good or bad deal?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 179,608

    @darian929 said:
    Hello Gentlemen,

    I am about to pull the trigger on an 2014 228i m sport package estoril blue for 36 months/10k miles

    1500 out of pocket
    $420 including taxes

    credit score is 800

    good or bad deal?

    We will need both the MSRP and negotiated cap cost to fully evaluate the deal.

    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • darian929darian929 Posts: 18

    Ok here are th numbers

    63% residual
    .00130 MF
    MSRP = 36575
    Selling price = 33775
    Cap cost = 34618

    monthly payment = $420/including tax
    Out of Picket = $1500

This discussion has been closed.