Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Audi A3 Lease Questions

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,018

@gli said:
    Thanks, Michael. Which one is the Premium package, the Premium Plus, and the Prestige?

Not sure I understand your question - these are the different trim levels available for the A3. I don't know the specific differences, though you could use the shopping tools at the top of the page to help you out.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• gligli Member Posts: 6

I get it, thank you.

Audi Finance's MF is .00123; A3 2015 1.8T no package). I was given a MF of .00163 by the dealer(CALIFORNIA) and Residual 59% for the base (no packages), so I emailed back and said I know the MF is .00123, I have yet to hear from them.

A week ago I checked my score through freecreditscore.com and my FICO from Experian was 715, so I was pretty confident that I'll get approve and an income of 45K. I did this again today and got the scores from all the 3 bureaus through nationalcreditreport.com to double check and my scores are lower than 700:

664 EX, 683 EX, 686 TU (Tier B 645-699)

If in fact these are my scores when they run my credit, would I even get a lease approved being in Tier B?

What kind of payments or MF should I expect with a 2k or 0 down?

I was excited about getting a lease, now I don't know If can even approved. I'm not sure if I should even apply because I know it's a hard inquiry, which will lower my score again if got denied. I can afford to pay up to $600/month. Thanks in advance.

@gli said:
    I get it, thank you.

Audi Finance's MF is .00123; A3 2015 1.8T no package). I was given a MF of .00163 by the dealer(CALIFORNIA) and Residual 59% for the base (no packages), so I emailed back and said I know the MF is .00123, I have yet to hear from them.

A week ago I checked my score through freecreditscore.com and my FICO from Experian was 715, so I was pretty confident that I'll get approve and an income of 45K. I did this again today and got the scores from all the 3 bureaus through nationalcreditreport.com to double check and my scores are lower than 700:

664 EX, 683 EX, 686 TU (Tier B 645-699)

If in fact these are my scores when they run my credit, would I even get a lease approved being in Tier B?

What kind of payments or MF should I expect with a 2k or 0 down?

I was excited about getting a lease, now I don't know If can even approved. I'm not sure if I should even apply because I know it's a hard inquiry, which will lower my score again if got denied. I can afford to pay up to $600/month. Thanks in advance.

Tier B adds .0004 to the base MF so it looks like the dealer is factoring that into their quote, or they are marking up the base MF for extra profit. Did you give them permission to run your credit?

One other thing to consider is that dealers may use a separate 'auto only' credit score to determine what tier you are in.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

edited June 2014

@Michaell said: Tier B adds .0004 to the base MF so it looks like the dealer is factoring that into their quote, or they are marking up the base MF for extra profit. Did you give them permission to run your credit? One other thing to consider is that dealers may use a separate 'auto only' credit score to determine what tier you are in.?

No, they haven't run my credit. I'll keep you posted. Also, I've heard of an 'enhanced scorei determinant. What dealership does this? Is this the 'auto only' credit score you mentioned?

@gli said:

It could be, though I've not heard that term before.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited June 2014

@Michaell said:It could be, though I've not heard that term before.

>

Is this right? ...

"To get 15k/year, it's going to increase your payment by $35. The MSRP of the add I have running is on our base car, $30,795. If you want white, it would be another $550 for the metalic paint. Let me know when you would like to come in and take advantage of the Summer or Audi event. I won't be here this weekend but will be here the following week. If you can't wait till next week, let me know what time you would like to come down so I can make sure one of my co-workers is freed up so you don't need to wait."

This is the deal offer they have going on ...

"Dealer Offer
    2015 Audi A3 1.8T Premium Package: Turbo Charged 170 hp, S-Tronic Transmission, Leather seating surfaces with 12-way power driver's seat, Panoramic Sunroof, Bluetooth Prep, SiriusXM SAT Radio, Xenon Plus Headlights with LED DRLs & tailights
    $275 per month for 36 months
    $2,190 cash due at signing
    Offer only valid 6/05/2014 through 6/30/2014

**$0 First Monyhly Payment, $0 Security Deposit, $695 Acquisition Fee, $1495 Down Payment, $2190 Due At Signing***"

I did my calculation with a MF .00123 and a Residual of 59% comes up to $453/month!

@gli said:
    I did my calculation with a MF .00123 and a Residual of 59% comes up to $453/month!

I'd need to know the MSRP and cap cost of the unit referenced in the dealer special. I'm not sure how they can get to $275/mo unless it's through a finance company other than Audi.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jb_0nejb_0ne Member Posts: 4

I am looking at 2015 A3 1.8T-Premium Plus and Audi Navigation
    36 month lease- 12K per year, but might look at 10K- what would the money factor be and residual- this is for San Francisco Bay Area- thanks

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830

@jb_0ne said:
    I am looking at 2015 A3 1.8T-Premium Plus and Audi Navigation
    36 month lease- 12K per year, but might look at 10K- what would the money factor be and residual- this is for San Francisco Bay Area- thanks

.00123 MF and 58% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr. Add 1% for 10K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• flcarguy62flcarguy62 Member Posts: 37

Can you tell me the MF and residual for A3 1.8t for 36 months at 7.5k and 10k a year? Thank you very much.

• santanas5santanas5 Member Posts: 10
    Hi, whats the current MF and residual for an A3 in Florida?

12K miles - 36 months

15K miles - 36 months

Need trim levels for accurate residuals

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• flcarguy62flcarguy62 Member Posts: 37

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    Need trim levels for accurate residuals

Ah sorry I thought I had it. Im looking at Premium trim.

MF and residual for A3 1.8t for 36 months at 7.5k and 10k a year?

@flcarguy62 said:

.00123 MF and 59% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr.

Add 2% for 12K/yr, 3% for 10K/yr, 4% for 7.5K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• driver5211driver5211 Member Posts: 3

Hi, looking for current MF and residual for A3 Premium Plus 2.0T

10K - 24 Months

10K - 36 Months

Thanks!

@driver5211 said:
    Hi, looking for current MF and residual for A3 Premium Plus 2.0T

10K - 24 Months

.00150 and 68%

10K - 36 Months

.00150 and 61%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• cassidy713cassidy713 Member Posts: 2

New to the forum. Thanks in advance for the help. Looking at 2015 A3 2.0t premium plus. Navigation and audi connect(6months). After a bit of back and forth they are offering me no money down $444/ 36 months 15K miles/year. Is this a reasonable lease deal? Thanks

@cassidy713 said:
    New to the forum. Thanks in advance for the help. Looking at 2015 A3 2.0t premium plus. Navigation and audi connect(6months). After a bit of back and forth they are offering me no money down $444/ 36 months 15K miles/year. Is this a reasonable lease deal? Thanks

we will need the MSRP and negotiated selling price before we can evaluate this deal

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• cassidy713cassidy713 Member Posts: 2

MSRP 36,589

@cassidy713 said:
    MSRP 36,589

.00150 MF and 58% residual. At that MSRP and selling price, I get a payment of $487/mo.+ tax. Due at signing would be title/license/doc fees. Audi of America is covering the 1st payment for this model.

So, while this isn't the cheapest car to lease it looks like their offer is better than the numbers would suggest.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• clairenimclairenim Member Posts: 0

Hi,

what is the MF and residual for 2015 A3 1.8T FWD premium with cold weather and navigation packages? 36 months, 12K miles.

I was quoted MSRP of $33,695 (first # received, without any negotiation) in southern california.

Thank you!

• clairenimclairenim Member Posts: 0

Hi,

what is the MF and residual for 2015 A3 1.8T FWD premium with cold weather and navigation packages? 36 months, 12K miles.

I was quoted MSRP of $33,695 (first # received, without any negotiation) in southern california.

Thank you!

edited June 2014

Finally diving in. Getting pre-approved tonight (crossing fingers) and hopefully getting my lease tomorrow.

A3 1.8T...36 months 15k miles/year.

Both Tier A and B, please.

MSRP: $32,895 (Cold Weather Package + Aluminum Style Package+18" Wheels)

MF + Residual please?

How does the 10k, 12k, 15k/year determined?

@clairenim said:
    Hi,

Thank you!

.00123 MF and 61% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@gli said:
    Finally diving in. Getting pre-approved tonight (crossing fingers) and hopefully getting my lease tomorrow.

A3 1.8T...36 months 15k miles/year.

Both Tier A and B, please.

MSRP: $32,895 (Cold Weather Package + Aluminum Style Package+18" Wheels)

MF + Residual please?

How does the 10k, 12k, 15k/year determined?

.00123 MF

Premium residual = 59%

Prem Plus = 56%

Prestige = 54%

Residual values are set for 15K per year leases - add 2% for 12K and 3% for 10K.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• persianaraspersianaras Member Posts: 41

Hi. Any incentives, lease cash, grad rebates, etc for the A3 1.8T premium or premium + this month? Thx

• dwayddwayd Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2014

Hi, could you help me evaluate the following deal in Massachusetts?
    A3 2.0T Premium Plus Trim, MSRP 38730, Selling 35030, 36mo, 10k --> $420/mo (inclusive of tax), 2k down ($739 toward cap cost reduction)

@persianaras said:
    Hi. Any incentives, lease cash, grad rebates, etc for the A3 1.8T premium or premium + this month? Thx

none that i am aware of - being such a new model, i doubt that Audi has to do much at this point.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@dwayd said:
    Hi, could you help me evaluate the following deal in Massachusetts?
    A3 2.0T Premium Plus Trim, MSRP 38730, Selling 35030, 36mo, 10k --> $420/mo (inclusive of tax), 2k down ($739 toward cap cost reduction)

MF is .00150 and residual is 61% for 36/10. I calculate a pre-tax payment o $383.41 with your MSRP and selling price less cap cost reduction.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mooglemdmooglemd Member Posts: 15

@persianaras said:

Isn't there a first month lease payment with the Summer of Audi Event on A3,A4,A5,S4,S5, All Road?

@mooglemd said:
    Isn't there a first month lease payment with the Summer of Audi Event on A3,A4,A5,S4,S5, All Road?

There is, this month. Also include the A6.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• cmumcmum Member Posts: 2

Could I please get the MF and residual for a 2.0T Prestige 36 months, 12K miles per year. Thanks!

@cmum said:
    Could I please get the MF and residual for a 2.0T Prestige 36 months, 12K miles per year. Thanks!

.00150 and 58%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• cmumcmum Member Posts: 2

@Michaell said:
    .00150 and 58%

Thanks Michaell! My car is coming in next week, so this will be very beneficial.

@cmum said:

The numbers may change on Tuesday; you may want to confirm with your dealer that you'll get whatever numbers are most advantageous to you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• xmmsxmms Member Posts: 10

Hi -- Looking for residual value and MF on A3 Premium 2.0 TFSI with MMI Nav and Cold weather package. Looking at 36 months in North Carolina, 10k miles/year. I'm assuming the quoted rates are the lowest for those with excellent credit?

Thank you

@xmms said:
    Hi -- Looking for residual value and MF on A3 Premium 2.0 TFSI with MMI Nav and Cold weather package. Looking at 36 months in North Carolina, 10k miles/year. I'm assuming the quoted rates are the lowest for those with excellent credit?

Thank you

.00133 MF and 63% residual. Yes, that is for top tier credit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mooglemdmooglemd Member Posts: 15

I just got the email my car has entered production. So I wanted to get the July rates in case it comes in July. I locked in June rates, but they'll allow me to do whatever is most beneficial.

2.0T Prestige in NY Looking at 10k,12k,15k 36 month lease. Thanks.

@mooglemd said:
    I just got the email my car has entered production. So I wanted to get the July rates in case it comes in July. I locked in June rates, but they'll allow me to do whatever is most beneficial.

2.0T Prestige in NY Looking at 10k,12k,15k 36 month lease. Thanks.

.00133 MF and 55% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr. add 2% or 3% for 12K or 10K.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• angrysmurfangrysmurf Member Posts: 6

Can I please have the MF and residual for 27/30months 15k miles premium 2.0 with cold weather and nav. Thankyou

@angrysmurf said:
    Can I please have the MF and residual for 27/30months 15k miles premium 2.0 with cold weather and nav. Thankyou

.00133 MF. I only have 24 month and 36 month residuals. 69% and 62%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ballewbballewb Member Posts: 3

Can I please have the MF and residual for 15k/36mo on a 2.0 Quattro P+?

Thank you.

@ballewb said:
    Can I please have the MF and residual for 15k/36mo on a 2.0 Quattro P+?

Thank you.

.00133 and 57%. Audi makes the first payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited July 2014

Need help evaluating your proposed Audi A3 lease? Please gather the information below and include in your post:

1. Make, Model, Trim, Body Style (Mazda 3i Touring 4-door, Audi A4 Premium). (see this link to build your A3).

2. State (MF and residuals may vary by region)

3. MSRP

4. Negotiated Selling Price or Net Cap Cost

5. Lease Term and Miles per Year

6. How much money is due at signing and breakdown of same (taxes, fees, down payment, etc.)

• almnalmn Member Posts: 17
    edited July 2014

A3 2.0t premium Quattro, Minneapolis, MN, 34795 msrp, 32,762 net cap, 36 months 12k miles. 2,500 down for Fees and tax. quoted monthly payment @ $429 with .0021mf.

@almn said:
    A3 2.0t premium Quattro, Minneapolis, MN, 34795 msrp, 32,762 net cap, 36 months 12k miles. 2,500 down for Fees and tax. quoted monthly payment @ $429 with .0021mf.

Base money factor is .00133. So, .0021 really sticks out...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@almn said:

Base MF is .00133, residual 62%. With your MSRP and net cap, i get a pre-tax payment of $383.07.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• almnalmn Member Posts: 17

Thanks, we have top tier credit so we know the dealer is padding mf.

• ssgmikessgmike Member Posts: 20
    edited July 2014

Can I assume that I can squeeze a dealer that I wish to lease an A3 2.0 from the posted Audi July lease special of >>>
    2015 Audi A3 2.0T quattro Premium Special Lease: $349 a month*, 36 months, with $0 1st Month Payment, $0 Security Deposit, $1,299 Down Payment & $695 Acquisition Fee
    Dealer Offer

$349 per month for 36 months
    $1,994 cash due at signing

Offer only valid 7/02/2014 through 7/31/2014 <<<
    i live in Monroe Township NJ 08831

@ssgmike said:
    Can I assume that I can squeeze a dealer that I wish to lease an A3 2.0 from the posted Audi July lease special of >>>
    2015 Audi A3 2.0T quattro Premium Special Lease: $349 a month*, 36 months, with $0 1st Month Payment, $0 Security Deposit, $1,299 Down Payment & $695 Acquisition Fee
    Dealer Offer

$349 per month for 36 months
    $1,994 cash due at signing

Offer only valid 7/02/2014 through 7/31/2014 <<<
    i live in Monroe Township NJ 08831

Everything is negotiable. I wouldn't make a down payment on a lease, however (other than first month and the start up fees).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator