Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729

Still in the honeymoon stage, but having had numerous sports/muscle cars over the last decade, I think I bought the Accord Hybrid at the exact right time.

First, while not fast by any stretch, it does handle well and is reasonably spry. Love the EV torque off the line.

It brakes consistently well, and very predictably. For electronic steering, it gives good feedback.

It rides as well as any luxury car I’ve ridden in lately (friends’ XT6, 540i, E350). It’s probably quieter than any of them, too. Soaks up road imperfections as well as anything I’ve ever driven.

All the tech works, which is saying something given the horror stories I’ve heard about others’ experiences recently.

It’s screwed together as well as anything I’ve been in….EVER! Materials and build quality are superb. Feels solid as a vault.

Great seats that rival those in the super comfy seats in my previous TLX.

Mid 40s MPG. And, it runs on RUG instead of PUG. Thinking I’m saving $100-$150/mo between the lower cost of RUG and the doubling of MPG over the TLX. That’s a win-win-win!

No “start/stop” shudders….NONE!

Downsides….

-It’s not like I’m unique in every day driving. I see at least 4-5-6 other Accords on the road, every day. The TLX A-Spec was probably 2-3/week sighting around here…if that.

-As good as the stereo is, it ain’t the ELS in the TLS, which is the best I’ve ever heard, in any car, at any price.

-It understeers. Not a huge deal. But, it’s noticeable.

-Not going to win many stop light wars, although last night I dusted an Infiniti G35. Granted, the G35 had mods that probably hindered everything about its performance. Still, it was satisfying to pull up at the next light and grin at the G35’s driver. I can make quick work of Malibus, LeSabres, 4 cyl Camrys, Altimas, etc. Not proud of that. Just a fact! LOL!

Won’t last forever, but I could probably sell it for more than I paid for it right now. Moreover, there are no new Accords available anywhere within a 50 mile radius of me. Good luck finding a Hybrid version anywhere in the foreseeable future.

When I think of hybrids I now think of my sisters Prius that at 12 years of age is now a brick sitting in her driveway. Hybrid batteries are dead and the car won't start without them. Now to get the car running we have to put more into the car than the car is worth.

Maybe we should just blow it up.
    One of my good friends has a first gen Camry Hybrid, bought new, with 150K+ miles. She just replaced the battery in it (~$3K). But, her maintenance on it has been close to nil. So, aside from consumables, which every car has, and oil changes, that’s been the extent of maintenance.

If memory serves, the Camry gave more than ample warnings and reminders to have the batteries serviced….kind of like reminding you to change the oil in a totally ICE car. Did your sister have any warning about impending service requirements?

Personally, although not something I thought I’d be driving, I’m really enjoying the heck out of mine.

I do know there are many, many taxi fleets using Priuses, with multiples of 100s of thousands of miles. Anecdotal about their longevity but worth noting, nonetheless.
    In my experience batteries die from temperature and age more than use and reuse and charges/charging. So a million mile Prius wouldn't surprise me anymore than one one with low mileage but 14 years of age being dead.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    driver100 said:

Still in the honeymoon stage, but having had numerous sports/muscle cars over the last decade, I think I bought the Accord Hybrid at the exact right time.

First, while not fast by any stretch, it does handle well and is reasonably spry. Love the EV torque off the line.

It brakes consistently well, and very predictably. For electronic steering, it gives good feedback.

It rides as well as any luxury car I’ve ridden in lately (friends’ XT6, 540i, E350). It’s probably quieter than any of them, too. Soaks up road imperfections as well as anything I’ve ever driven.

All the tech works, which is saying something given the horror stories I’ve heard about others’ experiences recently.

It’s screwed together as well as anything I’ve been in….EVER! Materials and build quality are superb. Feels solid as a vault.

Mid 40s MPG. And, it runs on RUG instead of PUG. Thinking I’m saving $100-$150/mo between the lower cost of RUG and the doubling of MPG over the TLX. That’s a win-win-win!

Downsides….

-It’s not like I’m unique in every day driving. I see at least 4-5-6 other Accords on the road, every day. The TLX A-Spec was probably 2-3/week sighting around here…if that.

-As good as the stereo is, it ain’t the ELS in the TLS, which is the best I’ve ever heard, in any car, at any price.

-Not going to win many stop light wars, although last night I dusted an Infiniti G35. Granted, the G35 had mods that probably hindered everything about its performance. Still, it was satisfying to pull up at the next light and grin at the G35’s driver. I can make quick work of Malibus, LeSabres, 4 cyl Camrys, Altimas, etc. Not proud of that. Just a fact! LOL!

Won’t last forever, but I could probably sell it for more than I paid for it right now. Moreover, there are no new Accords available anywhere within a 50 mile radius of me. Good luck finding a Hybrid version anywhere in the foreseeable future.

When I think of hybrids I now think of my sisters Prius that at 12 years of age is now a brick sitting in her driveway. Hybrid batteries are dead and the car won't start without them. Now to get the car running we have to put more into the car than the car is worth.

Some owners were so frustrated...they did blow up their EV when they found out how much it would cost to get new batteries.
    There's got to be a Youtube video of that?
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options

We got a moving estimate by the pound. He said my extension ladder was 150 lbs and our patio table 300 lbs.
    My neighbor and I brought the table up from the ground floor to the deck on 2nd level fairly easily, 300 lbs is way off. Same for the ladder.

150 lb ladder? Did they make lead ladders in your day? :wink:

300 lb patio table? Must have a stone top and marble base.
  • Options
    carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,498
    A Prius as described can be sold parts or donated. The catalytic converters are worth something to cause people around me to steal them.
  • Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506

The first guy charges by the pound? So he weighs everything as he moves it? Does he bring his own scale or do you have to provide one.

The whole truck is weighed before it's loaded, then again after on a certified truck scale. About the only thing to watch for is that the driver doesn't have nearly empty fuel tanks at the first weighing and full ones after loading. Also, the driver should be either in or out of the truck both times, not out for the first weighing and in for the second.

'08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558
    tjc78 said:

@stickguy

I’d bet you have a full tractor trailer load in your home depending how much furniture you are bringing with you.

For reference. Our old 4 bed rancher with basement took two 26’ box trucks without master bedroom and living room furniture. Also an Enclave, RAV4 and an S60 lol.

I can’t remember how the movers quoted it, but it was around $2,000 with an overnight storage. I also had to rent the additional truck adding a few bucks

prices are up! about double for the 1 quote I got. should have a 2nd tomorrow. still a lot less than I expected. plus we have to factor in a 10 hour round trip. with fuel. thankfully we are taking relatively little furniture. just too much other stuff. but we are working hard on that.

I did price a Uhaul again. seemed about double what it was a couple of weeks ago. I was figuring 2 of those. so with rentals, hiring people to load, gas, etc. it was probably going to come out to be nearly that much, plus a whole lot of work from me.

I might get a midsized truck for when we go up to close just to have some stuff but that is TBD.

next step, get this place under contract and get a closing date estimate so I know when to get this all set up.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options

The first guy charges by the pound? So he weighs everything as he moves it? Does he bring his own scale or do you have to provide one.

The whole truck is weighed before it's loaded, then again after on a certified truck scale. About the only thing to watch for is that the driver doesn't have nearly empty fuel tanks at the first weighing and full ones after loading. Also, the driver should be either in or out of the truck both times, not out for the first weighing and in for the second.

that is how the Mayflower guy that came out today said they did it.

the other estimate I already have is from a local outfit (not a national chain) that covers the north east. They quoted based on described contents. I do need to ask if that is a real number or subject to weight.

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,674
    ab348 said:

Unusual (to me) issue of sorts with my cat Lucy. A couple of months ago I noticed she would occasionally get fixated on something she saw on the TV screen. I then made the mistake of keeping her entertained by playing YouTube videos for her featuring birds, mice, bunnies, whatever - there seems to be a large calling for these things.

Now she has certain body language/meowing she uses when she wants to see these. Even more remarkable to me is that there are a couple of commercials that are running right now that instantly rivet her to the screen and make her forget whatever else she was doing - apparently the music is a cue that she remembers. I was told by a vet that cats have poor memories but not for this at least.

It's all good fun except that some things (a commercial for Telus telecom right now up here using bunnies hopping around on a white background in particular) makes her go crazy - she will leap off whatever she is sitting on and jump onto the TV stand, start pawing at the screen, and get very agitated. Last week the TV was on downstairs while I was doing laundry and that ad came on. She knocked the 32" screen off its stand though thankfully it was close to the wall so it didn't go far. Yikes.

I have had cats for 20 years and none of them ever even seemed to pay attention to the TV before. Someone mentioned to me that cats could not see much with the old tube TVs because of how the image was scanned via the picture tube, but with flat screens that is different. Don't know if that is true. Anyone's cats show similar behavior?

My cat will come running to animal sounds on YouTube videos. Not sure if he is acting territorial against the perceived animals or is frightened and wants my reassurance.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,330
    andres3 said:

Downsides….

One of my good friends has a first gen Camry Hybrid, bought new, with 150K+ miles. She just replaced the battery in it (~$3K). But, her maintenance on it has been close to nil. So, aside from consumables, which every car has, and oil changes, that’s been the extent of maintenance.

If memory serves, the Camry gave more than ample warnings and reminders to have the batteries serviced….kind of like reminding you to change the oil in a totally ICE car. Did your sister have any warning about impending service requirements?

Personally, although not something I thought I’d be driving, I’m really enjoying the heck out of mine.

I do know there are many, many taxi fleets using Priuses, with multiples of 100s of thousands of miles. Anecdotal about their longevity but worth noting, nonetheless.
    In my experience batteries die from temperature and age more than use and reuse and charges/charging. So a million mile Prius wouldn't surprise me anymore than one one with low mileage but 14 years of age being dead.
    Age and temperatures do have a negative effect on batteries but so do discharge/recharge cycles. Batteries typically can be charged a set number of times then they start to go bad, poor recharging techniques can shorten the life even more.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• Options
    driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,977

We got a moving estimate by the pound. He said my extension ladder was 150 lbs and our patio table 300 lbs.
    My neighbor and I brought the table up from the ground floor to the deck on 2nd level fairly easily, 300 lbs is way off. Same for the ladder.

A ladder that weighs 150 pounds! How would you move it around and put it into place?

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• Options
    If you are moving, check reviews and make sure the mover has a good reputation, moving companies are notorious for scamming people.
    When we moved the companies I hired a company that sounded good...nice friendly young guy, estimated $2000.
    They didn't show up at 8 a.m., we phoned every 30 minutes and they had an excuse every time. By 10:30 I called the transport company who charged $80 an hour. I got the staff to load everything onto skids, and we completed the move by 2:30....and with tax and a few extras we moved for less than $400. The office manager wasn't too happy when I canceled the mover, and they asked how I would do my move.

Later I saw a Consumer Column in the local paper with lots of complaints about that mover. He would double book, people can't find a another mover at the last minute so he could make more by scamming.

• Options
    mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722

@graphicguy said:

The latest generation of Toyota Lexus hybrids will go 200k+ miles on a battery. The biggest thing is IF the owner chooses to follow the directions to keep the air filter clean for the battery, which is VERY easy to do yourself.

• Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Like any other vehicle, regardless of what engine types it uses, if you maintain them, they really will last a good long time…particularly Hondas and Toyotas. Even Chevy’s Bolt should last well into 6 figures and beyond.

These are very robust and advanced vehicles.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options

Like any other vehicle, regardless of what engine types it uses, if you maintain them, they really will last a good long time…particularly Hondas and Toyotas. Even Chevy’s Bolt should last well into 6 figures and beyond.

I worry for the poor working class slob having to buy a 10+ year old EV to get to work and not know how to judge the fitness of the drive train. I also worry about how rust in the north will effect them. What will happen if water intrudes into a battery pack?

https://youtu.be/yGDkiUAwxRs

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,565
    andres3 said:

150 lb ladder? Did they make lead ladders in your day? :wink:

300 lb patio table? Must have a stone top and marble base.
    ————————————————-
    A ladder that weighs 150 pounds must be an 80 footer, therefore, that quote is clearly bogus.

Speaking of marble tops, our bedroom furniture has marble tops that are almost 1 inch thick. Mrs. j’s triple dresser has to weigh at least 300 pounds. If I had to guess I’d say each nightstand has to weigh around 80 pounds. My dresser ain’t light either but no where near as heavy as her triple dresser.

I wasn’t home when that set was delivered about 15 years ago (I was still a working stiff at that time) but Mrs. j’s said the moving guys couldn’t get over how heavy that set was. Kept commenting about that.

I asked her how much she tipped them for moving that beast and she said, “I felt so sorry for them having to carry that set up the steps that I gave them each 20 bucks”. Damn, she doesn’t give me anything when she wants me to move the nightstands so she can sweep under them. :#

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    The mover that came buy estimate 8 tons. That just seems really high. Maybe the smaller stuff really does add up? But that seems like they must have added in our cars or something!

• Options

I worry for the poor working class slob having to buy a 10+ year old EV to get to work and not know how to judge the fitness of the drive train. I also worry about how rust in the north will effect them. What will happen if water intrudes into a battery pack?

Just going by what I’ve read, it sounds like the battery packs are pretty well sealed.

Don’t know what it would take to make them totally waterproof, though.
  • Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,987

With Father's Day just around the corner I found one of my favorite pictures of us. We hiked to chained rock, a rock that juts out over the town of Pineville, KY where dad's mom and extended family were from. This was taken in 1992, dad was 57, me 33.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options

Just going by what I’ve read, it sounds like the battery packs are pretty well sealed.

————————————————
    Maybe some good empirical data from @oldfarmer50’s neck of the woods. If an EV company provides him a car or better yet a pickup, I’m sure he’ll gladly give it a very good workout for a few Winters.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    sda said:

With Father's Day just around the corner I found one of my favorite pictures of us. We hiked to chained rock, a rock that juts out over the town of Pineville, KY where dad's mom and extended family were from. This was taken in 1992, dad was 57, me 33.

————————————————
    It looks like your Dad had no problems keeping you in line while you were growing up.

FWIW, my Dad had no problems handling me. Sure do miss that guy.

jmonroe
  • Options
    Ah, back in the days when the shorts were short and the socks were tall!

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,337
    stickguy said:

Ah, back in the days when the shorts were short and the socks were tall!

And men had mustaches instead of soul patches.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,950

@stickguy said:
    The mover that came buy estimate 8 tons. That just seems really high. Maybe the smaller stuff really does add up? But that seems like they must have added in our cars or something!

Now ask how much without the house

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258

It’s been raining so hard for so long with forecasts of at least 9 more inches in the next 36 hours that I have had urges to measure things in “cubits” instead of inches and feet! If you know your bible, you know my concerns! 🤪😜

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    sda said:

Hey, I've been there!

My father grew up in Harlan, not too far away.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,154
    abacomike said:

It’s been raining so hard for so long with forecasts of at least 9 more inches in the next 36 hours that I have had urges to measure things in “cubits” instead of inches and feet! If you know your bible, you know my concerns! 🤪😜

At least it's not a hurricane.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    abacomike said:

I may not know my bible, but I know my Bill Cosby, and that was one of his greatest bits.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options

I could be totally wrong but my perspective often comes from a worse case scenario point of view. Also, for a long time I was that working slob who had to buy well used vehicles. I got pretty good at detecting defects in used gas powered cars but I’d be lost with an EV.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    jmonroe1 said:

————————————————
    Maybe some good empirical data from @oldfarmer50’s neck of the woods. If an EV company provides him a car or better yet a pickup, I’m sure he’ll gladly give it a very good workout for a few Winters.

jmonroe
    I’d be willing to take a free car….just for research you know.

Speaking of vehicles, what’s the groups opinion of this pick up.

https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/d/verbank-2004-nissan-frontier/7488218162.html

It’s got just enough defects for me to believe the price is not an illusion. A new bumper and headlights might make a fun little hauler.

• Options

jmonroe1 said:

————————————————

jmonroe

https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/d/verbank-2004-nissan-frontier/7488218162.html

It’s got just enough defects for me to believe the price is not an illusion. A new bumper and headlights might make a fun little hauler.
    A few 50 pound bags of sand in the bed and some decent winter tires and you're ready to go.

Seems like a pretty good deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

jmonroe1 said:

————————————————

jmonroe

————————————————
    You’d feel right at home with that well salted rear number.

Go get it and give us the total listing of its needs. You could do worse and probably have. :'(

jmonroe
  • Options
    henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289

jmonroe1 said:

————————————————

jmonroe

With that much rust on the rear bumper, I'd want to get it up on a lift and take a close look underneath.

But if the frame is solid, and the mechanicals check out, that looks like a very good deal in today's market.

And, oh yeah, working A/C? In this part of the world, you can't sell a used car without working A/C.
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
  • Options
    Michaell said:

jmonroe1 said:

————————————————

jmonroe

A few 50 pound bags of sand in the bed and some decent winter tires and you're ready to go.

I’ve driven RWD in the snow all my life so that’s not a problem.

It seems like a good deal to me too which makes me suspicious.

• Options
    henryn said:

jmonroe1 said:

————————————————

jmonroe

With that much rust on the rear bumper, I'd want to get it up on a lift and take a close look underneath.

But if the frame is solid, and the mechanicals check out, that looks like a very good deal in today's market.

And, oh yeah, working A/C? In this part of the world, you can't sell a used car without working A/C.
    Yeah, the rust issue is what worries me. Seems funny that the bumper could go in 45k miles without the rest of the truck being affected.

• Options
    Michaell said:

jmonroe1 said:

————————————————

jmonroe

————————————————
    Here’s the best part of that sand idea. Buy the sand in bulk and have the supply yard just dump it in the bed. If that bed is in the condition I think it’s in, or will be soon, @oldfarmer50 will have an automatic sand spreading machine at no additional cost.

jmonroe
  • Options
    jmonroe1 said:

Michaell said:

jmonroe1 said:

————————————————

jmonroe

————————————————
    Here’s the best part of that sand idea. Buy the sand in bulk and have the supply yard just dump it in the bed. If that bed is in the condition I think it’s in, or will be soon, @oldfarmer50 will have an automatic sand spreading machine at no additional cost.

jmonroe
    Frontiers of that era did have a problem with frame rust just before the rear axel but the beds were not a problem area. Unlike my 86’ Toyota pick up where the holes in the bed were so large you could could spread bricks.

• Options

jmonroe1 said:

————————————————

jmonroe

I suppose you know it's a 5 speed....that's probably a good thing though.
    But......rollup windows....and probably no backup camera :#
    I like it though, looks like it would be fun to drive and no worries about where you park. I like that he didn't try to hide the rust......but why not try to find a rear bumper?

• Options
    henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289
    driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

————————————————

jmonroe

I like it though, looks like it would be fun to drive and no worries about where you park. I like that he didn't try to hide the rust......but why not try to find a rear bumper?

For that price, in this market, it probably sold 30 minutes after the owner posted the ad.
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
  • Options
    that is a deal. pickups are outrageous now. I agree with Henry though. I would want it on a lift and a lot of poking at the frame with a screwdriver first. Simple and reliable. Take care of it and mechanically it will outlast you or me.

If I did not already have a trucklet I would grab it as a beater and pair it with a toy! Since you already have the toy buy it. Probably gone by now though unless the structure is swiss cheese.

• Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,365
    So I have a defendant charged with his ninth DUI since 1999, along with his fourth driving on a DUI suspended license and causing an accident that injured the other driver. I offered his attorney 10 years flat(no parole).
    And of course the attorney thinks I'm being too tough on the guy...

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    edited June 2022
    driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

————————————————

jmonroe

I haven’t had a standard tranny vehicle in a long time. I kind of miss them. A rusted bumper is nothing but I wish he’d shown some underneath shots. Maybe that’s what the seller is hiding.

• Options
    could be hiding. but it is not that easy to get underneath a car without a lift, especially if you are old!

• Options

So I have a defendant charged with his ninth DUI since 1999, along with his fourth driving on a DUI suspended license and causing an accident that injured the other driver. I offered his attorney 10 years flat(no parole).

SHOULD have started at 20 years, and then when refused, said you'll do a one day only 50% off sale.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    With all the experience driving drunk, you'd think he would be better at it, by now. :/

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    henryn said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe1 said:

————————————————

jmonroe

For that price, in this market, it probably sold 30 minutes after the owner posted the ad.
    It is still up and it was posted 10 days ago.
    The guy probably lives in Nigeria and he has sold 26 of them by now! :D

• Options

Personally, I think you’re being way too generous.
  • Options
    Electric car adoption is happening way faster than I thought it would….

https://electrek.co/2022/06/01/electric-car-price-war-coming-ford-ceo/

Bold prediction…in the next 36 months, gasoline companies are going to be asking for some sort of public assistance given the steep decline in demand for their products.

Yet, here they are, jacking up prices now. Has anyone seen any of the big gas stations making way for charging stations? I haven’t.
  • Options
    benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    My guess is that by 2025 EV prices will start to come down as production numbers expand. By 2026 there might well be an EV price war. By then demand for gasoline should slowly start to fall because of the adoption of EVs.

Ford dealers must be mad that Ford is going to a direct sales model for their EVs. Questionable move by Ford imho, because having salespeople demonstrate an EV is something that would set them apart from Tesla.
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • Options
    snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,330

@graphicguy said:

Bold prediction…in the next 36 months, gasoline companies are going to be asking for some sort of public assistance given the steep decline in demand for their products.

Yet, here they are, jacking up prices now. Has anyone seen any of the big gas stations making way for charging stations? I haven’t.

Didn't you make that same prediction about buggy whip manufacturers 100 years ago?

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• Options

@graphicguy said:

Didn't you make that same prediction about buggy whip manufacturers 100 years ago?

lol! My prediction is it will happen...the change, but it is going to look very different than what we think it is going to look like. Don't forget what the first gas powered car looked like;