2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• Options
    driver100driver100 Member Posts: 32,016
    I got this message on my cell today:

Hello, I haven't contacted you for a long time. I don't know if you still remember me. So I sent you a photo of me. I really miss you. Are you OK? My WhatsaAPP hasn't been discontinued and would like you to add my Telegram account. You can click on the telegram link below to contact me.

Do you think it is an old girlfriend from college days?

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,226
    No.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,364

@driver100 said:

Hello, I haven't contacted you for a long time. I don't know if you still remember me. So I sent you a photo of me. I really miss you. Are you OK? My WhatsaAPP hasn't been discontinued and would like you to add my Telegram account. You can click on the telegram link below to contact me.

yes and she will come to see you if you send her the money for first class round trip tickets for her to go see you.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,858
    driver100 said:

Only if your old girlfriend is from India.😓

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,502
    No, she’s a Nigerian princess who needs your help.
  • Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,200
    edited December 2023
    I think it's like the facebook scams where a person posts on your page how they like your posts and think you're a very intelligent person. Would you make them your friend. Then, if I understand it, from being offered friend status, they are able to pick up all kinds of info about you and scam you out of your house, life savings, and your cars.
    Maybe not quite all that, but you get the idea.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,730

I think it's like the facebook scams where a person posts on your page how they like your posts and think you're a very intelligent person. Would you make them your friend. Then, if I understand it, from being offered friend status, they are able to pick up all kinds of info about you and scam you out of your house, life savings, and your cars.
    Maybe not quite all that, but you get the idea.

————————————————
    All that is plausible I guess but in here the line would be drawn when it came to the cars.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's.
    '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options

• Options
    I don't think I had access to the article unless I signed up, but if that is for real it would be interesting to know why they are in more accidents. Are there some short reasons that you could find and pass on?
    I need to know, it might give me another reason not to buy an EV.
    I do know that lithium batteries can catch fire and the fire is hard to put out.

One example:
    https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2023/06/21/home-destroyed-in-e-town-after-lithium-batteries-in-golf-cart-catch-fire/

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 33,058

@driver100 said:

Telegram? We’ve really gone backwards. Should I be first to start a Pony Express account?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    qbrozen said:

@driver100 said:

Telegram? We’ve really gone backwards. Should I be first to start a Pony Express account?

————————————————
    Only if you can offer next day delivery and air-mail.

jmonroe
  • Options
    qbrozen said:

@driver100 said:

Can I reach her on Pony Express? :/

• Options
    mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,328
    Here’s our answer to how much heat is released with fusion.. “Hotter than the temperature inside the sun”

https://www.newser.com/story/344157/lab-says-it-replicated-fusion-breakthrough-at-least-3-times.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=uol&utm_campaign=rss_top
  • Options
    abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258

While I have the opportunity, I wish all of you and your families a MOST MERRY CHRISTMAS 🎄🎁 and a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR 🎊🎈🎆

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    abacomike said:

While I have the opportunity, I wish all of you and your families a MOST MERRY CHRISTMAS 🎄🎁 and a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR 🎊🎈🎆

————————————————
    Thanks and the same to you.

Just curious but is this your first post while sitting on your new throne? B)

jmonroe
  • Options
    abacomike said:

And a very merry Christmas and a most prosperous New Year to you too as well as to all my poster friends.

• Options
    sda said:

I had the oil/filter changed and tires rotated on the TL this morning. The Honda dealer sent a service coupon that I could actually use. No upselling and $59.85 out the door, which in the current environment I thought very reasonable. At 180k mi, the TL continues to run and drive nicely. If we can get another year out of it without any major hiccups, I will be delighted. What I don't find reasonable is the arbitrary $4k addendum sticker on every new Honda on their lot.

————————————————
    Those addendum stickers are what’s left over from the Covid days. They’ll probably be used up when you’re ready to buy again. And even if they aren’t, they’re intended for the baby-seal customers. You know better than to fall for those.

jmonroe
  • Options
    sda said:

I had the oil/filter changed and tires rotated on the TL this morning. The Honda dealer sent a service coupon that I could actually use. No upselling and $59.85 out the door, which in the current environment I thought very reasonable. At 180k mi, the TL continues to run and drive nicely. If we can get another year out of it without any major hiccups, I will be delighted. What I don't find reasonable is the arbitrary $4k addendum sticker on every new Honda on their lot.

As I mentioned before a relative in Florida took his grandson to the Honda dealer to buy a new Accord and the various mark ups and add on came to $8k on a $32k sticker.

Is Honda doing this universally across the country or just in snake pits like Florida? Is demand that great that they can get away with this crap or are they deliberately restricting supply to bump up profits?

I did a quick check of my local dealer and nothing on their website indicates any extra charges.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 244,023

sda said:

As I mentioned before a relative in Florida took his grandson to the Honda dealer to buy a new Accord and the various mark ups and add on came to $8k on a $32k sticker.

Is Honda doing this universally across the country or just in snake pits like Florida? Is demand that great that they can get away with this crap or are they deliberately restricting supply to bump up profits?

I did a quick check of my local dealer and nothing on their website indicates any extra charges.
    I think it's mostly a Florida thing.

A quick look at my closest Honda dealer just shows the fairly standard Delivery & Handling fee of $595 added to the MSRP price. Not sure if you can negotiate lower than that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 7,029
    Mark ups are common Charlotte area. They don't include the Admin fee which is in addition and seems to range from $699 to 899. About a week ago I stopped at a Toyota dealer and was surprised to see only minimal additions to the addendum sticker. I asked the salesman if that was the price and he replied add $4k to most vehicles. That kind of thing puts a bitter taste in my mouth.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    Just makes me glad I'm not in the market for a new or used car, at the moment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,502
    I don’t hesitate to say the two words, “no deal”.
  • Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,479

@Michaell said:

I plan to hold on to the C43 and Sahara for some time, and of course the Club Sport isn’t going anywhere.
    That said, all bets are off if BMW brings the PHEV M5 Touring stateside; 718 hp would be virtually irresistible.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport-2020 C43-2021 Sahara 4xe-1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica
    Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i
    Son's: 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    sda said:

Mark ups are common Charlotte area. They don't include the Admin fee which is in addition and seems to range from $699 to 899. About a week ago I stopped at a Toyota dealer and was surprised to see only minimal additions to the addendum sticker. I asked the salesman if that was the price and he replied add $4k to most vehicles. That kind of thing puts a bitter taste in my mouth.

So they had a hidden markup? It’s certainly slimy but is it even legal? What was the $4k for? I’m mad at NY for raising the max doc fee to $175 but that’s peanuts compared to some of the other states.

• Options
    ventureventure Member Posts: 2,932
    Michaell said:

sda said:

I think it's mostly a Florida thing.

A quick look at my closest Honda dealer just shows the fairly standard Delivery & Handling fee of $595 added to the MSRP price. Not sure if you can negotiate lower than that.
    I looked at the website for our local Honda dealer. At the top of the page it says, "No Additional Dealer Markup". Probably because Honda dealers are known for it.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• Options

@Michaell said:

I plan to hold on to the C43 and Sahara for some time, and of course the Club Sport isn’t going anywhere.

That said, all bets are off if BMW brings the PHEV M5 Touring stateside; 718 hp would be virtually irresistible.

————————————————
    718 HP? :o That otta provide enough speed to get you to work on time even on the mornings you sleep in.

jmonroe
  • Options

@venture said:
    I looked at the website for our local Honda dealer. At the top of the page it says, "No Additional Dealer Markup". Probably because Honda dealers are known for it.

Yeah, but are there accessories that are worth $500 but the dealer is charging $2000 for them?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,339
    edited December 2023
    sda said:

Agreed.

For Honda—and esp. Toyota—supplies are still catching up with demand. Already for other brands, such as Mazda and Ford, supplies are exceeding demand. My guess is that in another six months probably even Honda and Toyota will need to discount, at least for some shoppers.

Even before the pandemic and supply-chain issues there were always extra "protection packages" of c. $2-3k at our local Honda dealers. But determined shoppers could often get those taken off or thrown in for free. Maybe those days will return again for Honda and Toyota buyers once their factories are all running at full-tilt.
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • Options
    Michaell said:

@venture said:

Yeah, but are there accessories that are worth $500 but the dealer is charging $2000 for them?

Good question. I wouldn't be surprised if it's still like the 2 times I was there. I didn't go there and look at them in person. A weasel doesn't change its spots. :#

Interestingly this is on the website, under the description of the car:
    *Due to current market conditions, market price may be higher than MSRP. Prices are subject to change, and prior sales are excluded from these offers. Prices do not include taxes, license, or doc fee. Manufacturer vehicle accessory costs, labor and installation vary.

• Options
    edited December 2023
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone.

• Options
    dad23 said:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all as well!

I know I'm more of a lurker, every so often contributor, but I do enjoy stopping by quite frequently. You guys are a wealth of knowledge and provide a fair amount of entertainment along the way!

————————————————
    I know that and that’s why I’m here so much. o:)

Merry Christmas all.

jmonroe
  • Options
    dad23 said:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all as well!

I know I'm more of a lurker, every so often contributor, but I do enjoy stopping by quite frequently. You guys are a wealth of knowledge and provide a fair amount of entertainment along the way!

• Options
    abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258

The Dolphins/Cowboys game this afternoon could be one of the best games of this season. I just pray that Miami wins considering that they play the Ravens in Baltimore next week and close the season at home vs. the Bills. That final game could be a “best watched game” of the year depending on the next 2 games.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    abacomike said:

@jmonroe1 said:

————————————————

Thanks and the same to you.

Just curious but is this your first post while sitting on your new throne? B)

jmonroe

No! New throne being installed next Wednesday morning. I’ll be sure to see to it that you, jmonroe, will be my first posting contact when I sit on my “kingly” new throne the very first time. Ooh - I’m a bit “flushed” over that thought! 🤪😜

————————————————
    As it should be. Just hold your phone real tight, we’re not good at reading wet posts. :p

jmonroe
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 33,058

@abacomike said:
    The Dolphins/Cowboys game this afternoon could be one of the best games of this season. I just pray that Miami wins considering that they play the Ravens in Baltimore next week and close the season at home vs. the Bills. That final game could be a “best watched game” of the year depending on the next 2 games.

Definitely going to watch that, as well as the Niners/Ravens tomorrow night. Personally, I’m rooting for an Eagles/Ravens superbowl, although I know that is a tall order.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    Got pulled over last night by my neighborhood police officer. He pulled me over as a courtesy stop for a headlight that was out. I noticed the light out late last week and when he pulled me over I was on the way home from the auto parts store with a pair of replacement lights. I told him I knew while showing him the package of head light bulbs.

Took all of 5 minutes to replace both.

• Options
    qbrozen said:

@abacomike said:

Definitely going to watch that, as well as the Niners/Ravens tomorrow night. Personally, I’m rooting for an Eagles/Ravens superbowl, although I know that is a tall order.

————————————————
    That sounds like you started your Christmas drinking already. B)

jmonroe
  • Options
    Merry Christmas- here's one of my favorite songs of the season:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9jbdgZidu8&t=242s

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport-2020 C43-2021 Sahara 4xe-1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

• Options

@roadburner said:

RIP Shane. Great song.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

@Michaell said:

@roadburner said:

RIP Shane. Great song.

Yes, it’s sad to think that both Shane and Kirsty are now gone. His funeral mass is on YouTube; Johnny Depp was one of the pallbearers.

• Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,795
    Driving home yesterday from a short (too short...) vacation, saw an unusual sight: an Alfa Romeo being towed! A Stelvio, hopefully nothing too costly. A shame to add to the stereotype...

Happy Merry, All!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options

• Options
    venture said:

That’s a joke, right? These days you can’t be sure.

• Options

venture said:

I hope it's a joke. It's not much sillier than other things they want you to sign though. :#

• Options
    venture said:

venture said:

I hope it's a joke. It's not much sillier than other things they want you to sign though. :#
    ————————————————
    Years ago I was thinking about creating my own “sign-it” sheet and having the F&I person sign it but I didn’t do it. It would have read something like, “I don’t want to buy anything that you’re about to sell me, so don’t waste my time offering me anything”. :#

jmonroe
  • Options

@venture said:

Mam I would have messed with their minds on that one.

• Options