Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• Options
    robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805

@explorerx4 said:
    In this link you can see some Mustangs going down the assembly line and get a good idea of some of the colors. Interesting that there are a mix of Mustangs and Fusions.

When the Flat Rock plant was upgraded to add Fusion production back in 2013, it was done in a way that it could produce multiple models - even different platforms - on the same line and even in the same weld shop.

Ford plans to add Taurus and MKS production to that line as well.

• Options
    sterlingdogsterlingdog Member Posts: 6,984

@imidazol97 said:

Can't believe that you found those pictures of the John Deere with the matching umbrella! That is soooooooo cool. Thanks!

Richard

• Options

@driver100 said:
    Randon Thoughts;

*BMW sent me a 1 minute video of the new M4. Quite the color...quite the driving. They were 3 days too late! (1 minute)
    New bmw M4

*John Deere X300, X730,ZTR etc. Why don't they use real names so it will be less confusing, Like the Mulcher, The Rabbit, The Goat, the Grass Buster......

*GG, this could make lawn cutting more fun. This John Deere has a Ford 302 engine and Corvette steering wheel.

My riding mower:

Driver, that's quite a lawnmower. I bet you really get the feel of the grass with that one. :D

Richard

• Options
    driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,977

@ab348 said:
    . I find myself daydreaming about a Mercedes E-class, maybe a coupe, maybe a sedan, and maybe even a 550. But I've never owned a car that expensive and I wonder about the issues:

1. I won't be able to garage it. It will have to live outside in the driveway. Not good.
    1. I don't see that as a problem. It will start fine, and a heated steering wheel is standard equipment - nice to have in cold weather.
    1. I always look for the parking spot in lots that is closest to where I need to go. Will I now be that guy all by himself at the far end of the lot?

2> I gave up doing that. I got more dings when I tried to be extra careful. I try to park in a wide spot, maybe with no other car on one side. I try not to park to someone with wide doors or with lots of dents. But, if you are too careful you just make matters worse.

1. Would having an obviously expensive vehicle attract vandalism from those so inclined?

The only warning I would have is if you leave your car outside and your area is prone to vandalism. I don't know what goes on in people's minds, but that is worth considering.

1. I know maintenance and any repairs out of warranty will be more expensive. Will that drive me nuts?

Repairs, tires, etc. could cost up to double, but I think it is worth it. I don't like driving a good European car without a warranty, so I would always want a warranty. You can buy them for at least 5 years more, maybe 7. You still have to pay for wiper blades, alignments, brakes, and although they will be more I think it is worth it.

1. Will I be afraid to drive it and have fun using it? Will the prospect of a stone chip be too much to bear?

I don't think so, I think you adjust.

Any insights?

I think the things to consider the most are;
    *Will buying this car crimp my lifestyle? Will I have to give up something I enjoy to buy it? If it will, don't do it, you will resent the car.

*Do I find it hard to spend money? If the answer is yes, then don't do it. You will always say a Chev Cruze could have got me from A to B, I'd rather watch the money grow in the bank.

*If you appreciate a fine car, great handling, beautiful upholestry, driving dynamics, top engineering, and you can manage it financially then I would say go for it. Driving will take on a whole new enjoyable dimension. You will appreciate fine engineering and you will be glad you bought a top engineered car.

I had a 1995 and a 2000 Jeep and I loved them. Could never see myself driving a luxury car. My wife insisted I try a bmw when I was looking for a new SUV in 2004. When I drove a BMW X3 for the first time I truly didn't want to get out of the car, I didn't know how much fun driving a car could be.

If it doesn't cause financial hardship, and you appreciate a fine car, then you really have to give it a try. I have driven quite a few rental cars since owning bmws, MBs and Audis, but I love getting back into my own car....there is a huge difference.....to me it is worth it, as OF said, you can't take it with you. My children won't appreciate any money that we leave, so I will enjoy life the best I can.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• Options

@explorerx4 said:
    Getting time to think about replacing the heating system. I was in Lowes yesterday and see they have 'partnered' with Trane. That's one of the brands I'm considering.

I'm going with a Rudd next month---gas unit downstairs and heat pump upstairs. Looking at the future, gas prices will be lower than electric where I live. I'll have to replace the 25 year old air exchangers as well. Total package---about $15K. Hopefully, it will be our last one ever.

Richard

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,324

@sterlingdog, I'll have to put them on my list. Need to replace our gas furnace, maybe the A/C at the same time.

2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited August 2014

I'm not big on waxing cars (not really big on washing them) but if I got a Miata or something like that, I'd try some Collinite Insulator Wax.

And what other wax can you use on your car that helps prevent dangerous flashovers?

• Options

@henryn said:
    Thanks for the clarification, I had never seen the term before.

Many businesses have a “fake manager” or “pretend general manager” who does nothing but listen to angry customers. I first encountered this at a Ford dealership back around 1990, and I encountered it at a branch of Chase Bank in 2002. It’s kind of obvious if you actually talk to the person, they generally know absolutely nothing about the actual business, their job is to just listen calmly until you vent all of your anger / frustration.

That would make me even more furious!

Richard

• Options

@bwia said:
    Thanks *driver, the grilles do look the same. I don't understand the fetish with these huge grills. They look awful and gawdy. It works for Audi but not for many other cars.

So many of these new grills remind me of the movie "Jaws". Ugly doesn't begin to describe them.

Richard

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,096

Heat pumps are making a big dent in the sales of replacement furnaces and air conditioning systems up here. The only time they need supplemental heating is on the coldest days and apparently that happens infrequently enough that you can get by with an electric coil if your house is well-insulated. We are largely dependent on heating oil up here though so the relative cost of energy probably plays a role in whether one makes sense elsewhere.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    @sterlingdog said:

"So many of these new grills remind me of the movie "Jaws". Ugly doesn't begin to describe them."

I agree. The Chrysler 300 and the new Genesis are prime examples.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options

Thanks for the insights on luxo-car ownership folks. Still pondering my options.

I was out for a drive tonight in the '68 Cutlass and it was as if the gods knew what I was dwelling on. First while sitting at an intersection I saw a SL roadster coming towards me, never saw one of those around here before. Impressive. Then later on coming down the street towards me was a white E coupe that I had not seen before. Wow, what a neat looking machine. Looked good in white.

• Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,366

We have a heat pump and our electric bill is consistently less than $200/month.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options

@ab348. You could try a 2 year lease on a nice car. It's long enough to figure out if you like it, but it is not a long term commitment, like buying it. Leased vehicles have allowances for thing like door dings. Try to avoid going over the mileage limit.

• Options

@oldfarmer50, There are some short Mustang videos you can watch here:
    ford.com/cars/mustang/gallery/videos-and-demos/
    Ruby Red looks really good and I recommend 'Stories from the creators' to start.

• Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,155

@ab348 said:
    Heat pumps are making a big dent in the sales of replacement furnaces and air conditioning systems up here. The only time they need supplemental heating is on the coldest days and apparently that happens infrequently enough that you can get by with an electric coil if your house is well-insulated.

Our Lennox is at 22 years and counting. It was a fairly efficient single speed model when purchased. I'm considering a hybrid unit for replacement because there's a push to put a natural gas line on our road. Otherwise, I'll just get another fairly efficient model, likely a Lennox.

For many people, I'd consider the heat pumps that use a ground loop with a liquid circulated through the earth at it's typical 55 deg F temperature. That makes the heat pump really efficient in operation for heat as well as for cooling because it's moving heat in or out of 55 deg "water." Better than trying to move heat into or out of the ambient air temperature.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options

@imidazol97‌, My inspiration for buying my 91 Mustang GT convertible, which I still have, was getting a ride in/driving my SIL's Z28 convertible.

• Options

A guy was on the radio yesterday talking about the best way to negotiate buying a new car. One idea he had, which I never heard of or thought of was to tell the salesman you are cross shopping. If you are looking at a Corolla, tell the salesman you will be comparing the car to a Focus or Cruze. That eases the pressure, gives you a chance to walk away and think, makes him come up with a competitive price.

Sounds not bad....too bad there is all this game playing going on just to buy a car.........

• Options
    @driver100 said:

"A guy was on the radio yesterday talking about the best way to negotiate buying a new car. One idea he had, which I never heard of or thought of was to tell the salesman you are cross shopping. If you are looking at a Corolla, tell the salesman you will be comparing the car to a Focus or Cruze. That eases the pressure, gives you a chance to walk away and think, makes him come up with a competitive price.

Sounds not bad....too bad there is all this game playing going on just to buy a car........"

If you are really out to buy a car, you do what you did driver!!! You go in to the dealership....you tell them you are buying a car today....you tell them what you want for your trade....you tell them what you will pay for the new car....and you tell them if you don't meet my price, the next dealer I go to will!

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    karhill1karhill1 Member Posts: 165

Bingo! That succicntly sums up how to purchase a vehicle. Be completely up front, no games Well maybe one, often a good strategy to set a price a bit lower than the price for which you will buy. Gives them a little win if you appear to come up a bit from the stated price.

I can testify, based on many years of buying, works every time. Sometimes have to contact more than one dealer but, as you note, there is always another dealer.

• Options
    jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602

@abacomike said:
    driver100 said:

"A guy was on the radio yesterday talking about the best way to negotiate buying a new car. One idea he had, which I never heard of or thought of was to tell the salesman you are cross shopping. If you are looking at a Corolla, tell the salesman you will be comparing the car to a Focus or Cruze. That eases the pressure, gives you a chance to walk away and think, makes him come up with a competitive price.

Sounds not bad....too bad there is all this game playing going on just to buy a car........"

If you are really out to buy a car, you do what you did driver!!! You go in to the dealership....you tell them you are buying a car today....you tell them what you want for your trade....you tell them what you will pay for the new car....and you tell them if you don't meet my price, the next dealer I go to will!

The only problem with that approach is that people aren't realistic on the discount or the trade. The hard part is finding that range of $1000 where both parties can be happy. The trade is the tough part. If you have a Carmax nearby, that would at least give you a number that will actually buy your car. The books and pricing sites vary. Oh well, I'm happy with both my cars so that issue is moot --- but still interesting.

• Options

@jayrider said: The hard part is finding that range of $1000 where both parties can be happy. The trade is the tough part. If you have a Carmax nearby, that would at least give you a number that will actually buy your car

That $1000 spread is the hardest part...between getting the price down on the new car, and the value of the trade in.

The guy on the radio also said (the mention of Carmax reminded me), take your trade-in to a dealer who sells cars similar to yours. Find out what they would give you for it....just so you have an alternative and so you have some idea of what it is worth, maybe confirm your online price.

I like that, but then there is that sales tax thing...too bad you can't sell your car to one dealer but get a reduction on the taxes paid on the new car.

• Options
    bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913

@tyguy said:
    BWIA,

Regarding your vehicle storage, here's how I store my watercraft during winter:
    1. Add fuel stabilizer and run the motor so the stabilizer mixes through the entire fuel system. That's typically my last ride for the year.
    2. Fog the motor with Sta-bil fogging oil. I spray some in the air intake with the filter removed while idling and just before shutting down the motor for the last time.
    3. Remove each spark plug and spray fogging oil into the chamber, then add a little anti-seize to the threads and re-torque each plug to factory specs.
    4. Spray some anti-corrosion film onto the metal motor components.
    5. Fill the trailer tires to near max inflation to prevent flat spots.
    6. Remove the battery and place it on a battery tender.
    7. Open up all the compartments to dry them out and prevent humidity building up anywhere.
    8. Store it in the garage.
    9. Lubricate the linkages.
    10. Seal the fiberglass and plastic. This year I'll be adding the paint coating instead.

Perhaps there are a few things that could carry over to storing a car in a humid environment for half a year. Good luck!

Thanks Tyguy, Explorerx4, Oldfarmer50, Ab348, qbrozen, Ray80 and others for your many very helpful suggestions on how to prepare a vehicle for long-term storage.

I have another question though, the petrol used in the Caribbean is 100% gasoline from Venezuela. Would using Sta-bil make a difference if the gasoline is not an ethanol mix?

• Options
    @jayrider‌ said:
    @driver100 said:

"The only problem with that approach is that people aren't realistic on the discount or the trade."

If a buyer goes into a dealership with a trade and is unaware of its trade or wholesale value and has not researched approximate dealer invoice, then he deserves everything he ends up with IMHO!

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913

@ab348 said:
    I find myself wondering if I am a fool for wanting a more expensive car, never having had one that was priced above $35K Cdn. I find myself daydreaming about a Mercedes E-class, maybe a coupe, maybe a sedan, and maybe even a 550. But I've never owned a car that expensive and I wonder about the issues:

What a happy problem to have if you can afford a vehicle in that price range. Like the others said, if you feel all the range of anxieties you mentioned, perhaps you should think of leasing.

Personally, I would never lease an automobile for personal use. Arguably, it is the most expensive way to finance an automobile.

Regardless of the financing option you choose I think you should go for it and live your best life now--not later when you are too old to drive.

• Options
    robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805

@bwia said:
    I have another question though, the petrol used in the Caribbean is 100% gasoline from Venezuela. Would using Sta-bil make a difference if the gasoline is not an ethanol mix?

Sta-bil makes both a storage additive as well as one to deal with ethanol in small engines. Regular Sta-bil should work for you.

• Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    edited August 2014

imid...were you in West Chester, OH? If so, let me know if you're around the area again. I'll meet up for lunch.

We're still house hunting. Not sure we're going to stay in the same general vicinity.

I used to have Bengals season tickets. The guy I sold mine to asked if I wanted to see the last pre-season game last night. We went. He insisted on driving. He had just bought a Mercedes M Wagon. Never been in one. That's a pretty nice way to travel. I liked it.

Not sure it offered anything more than my previous Chevy Tahoe, but still nice.

2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    edited August 2014

A Laguna Seca version of the Mustang would hold my interest!

• Options

My friend at R&T has driven both the "plain" Boss as well as the Laguna Seca and in his opinion the primary advantage of the Laguna Seca is its future status as a collectable. Yes, it's faster on the track, but not significantly so.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    edited August 2014

@Mr_Shiftright said:
    A Laguna Seca version of the Mustang would hold my interest!

Didn't even know there was such an animal. What does it do that a regular normal Mustang won't do?

btw...this one was on Ebay for about $52K

• Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,735

ab348: Another take on the issue:
    1.I always look for the parking spot in lots that is closest to where I need to go. Will I now be that guy all by himself at the far end of the lot?

By parking farther away, you will walk more, increasing heart-rate, metabolism and hence, lose weight. You will then have to revamp your wardrobe to fit your new streamlined body. Women will begin to pay more attention to you, you will date more. You will end up marrying a much younger woman. She, of course, will divorce you, taking half of everything and, most likely, your lovely Mercedes. You will become depressed, stop walking, eat more and gain weight. So, ultimately, what's the point? :'(:D

Risk and reward, my friend.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,952

what I find funny is that you could take a GT and turn it into a Boss 302 for very little money or a Laguna Seca for a bit more. Far less than it would cost you to buy a factory version. Yet, if you did it to a GT, it would be worth less than a GT because you've modified it. Collectors are a strange bunch.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

$52K? I can buy some pretty nice iron for $52K--not sure I'd ever pay that for a Mustang. I'd buy it to use and enjoy. It'll be decades before it is 'collectible' (if ever) and by that time I'll probably be dead or senile, so that would not be my motivation.

• Options

Not sure if this or CCBA board was where abacomike (and my thoughts continue to be with you and your family) was discussing MB E Class vs. CLS. But, I was thinking my XF is kinda the hybrid/combo of those two: The style of the CLS with the (not quite as spacious) room/utility of the E sedan.

My XF is really quite the Swiss Army knife: AWD for the winter, (smallish) roof hole for lovely Summer evenings, split, folding rear seats for SUV-ish duties and a ski sack to put the sticks in the car, without messing up the fine Corinthian leather. Not to mention, it plays DVDs: "It's not going to be an orgy! It's a Toga Party!" Oh, yeah: 340hp/332 lb.feet torque and a really nice ride/handling balance. Woo Hoo.

So, to sum up, Stay Calm and Buy a Jag!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options

@laurasdada said:So, to sum up, Stay Calm and Buy a Jag!

Some excellent reasons to go for the Jag over, say an E Class. I believe you are talking V8 too! And, possibly saving $10 to $15K as well.

I carry people around quite a bit, so backseat room is important to me, as well as easy getting in and out. The E Class and A6 have seats that are the highest, backseat people have lots of depth, the floor is carved out. Even the 535 which people find comfortable doesn't have that.

As you know, I didn't get to the Jag dealer, I made a deal I was happy with and didn't want to jeopardize it, besides the E was as nice as a car could be for me, but, one concern I had were the number of dealerships....just in case of a breakdown in Nowheresville USA. I can imagine twiddling my thumbs in a Motel 6 waiting for a part to be flown - courriered in.

I do like your thinking on ruining your life by buying an "E" though...but, if you always worry about such things you might as well never do anything... B)

• Options

The Laguna Seca adds the following to the standard Boss 302: Recaro sport seats, a Torsen limited-slip rear differential (both optional on the standard Boss 302), revised suspension tuning with unique spring and damper rates, and a larger rear stabilizer. The Laguna Seca model loses its rear seats, which are replaced by a cross-car X-brace to increase structural rigidity approximately 10%. It rides on 19x9-inch front (255/40-19) and 19x10 inch rear (285/35-19) light-weight alloy wheels with R-compound ultra high-performance tires. Ford Racing front brake ducts help cool the brakes. All nice, but IMO not worth the $7000 premium over the standard Boss 302.

• Options
    edited August 2014

@driver100 said:
    I do like your thinking on ruining your life by buying an "E" though...but, if you always worry about such things you might as well never do anything... B)

Full disclosure on the XF: It'll seat 5, but if you're 6' or above, you probably won't be happy in the back seat. Unless you slouch anyway... Visibility is compromised by the styling, thick pillars all around. A product of the sleek styling. That's why I mention it is a blend of the CLS and E. And, it's a supercharged V6. Pricing is competitive in the class, I saved $ thanks to big trunk money and buying a '13 New Year's Eve '13.

And, What? Me Worry? I bought a Jag! Twice! So, I worry not about such things. Looking forward to the XE, I hope it's not just a "mini-XF."

• Options

@bwia said:
    I have another question though, the petrol used in the Caribbean is 100% gasoline from Venezuela.

Oh, nice. I wish we could get 100% gas more readily in the USA. The storage Sta-bil will help prevent gasoline oxidation (stale gas), so still worth adding considering the very inexpensive cost of that version. It'll help prevent varnish.

• Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665

@driver100 said:

That Mustang will get you laughed at every time you'd pull up to a stop light....at least around here it would.

2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options

@roadburner said:The Laguna Seca model loses its rear seats, which are replaced by a cross-car X-brace to increase structural rigidity approximately 10%

Ahh, too bad, that's the deal killer for me.

• Options
    Well, my son had his blood test done on Wednesday and his second MRI yesterday. No results yet, but he continues to get very tired and has frequent dizzy spells.

I am preparing myself for the worst - but we already know he will be undergoing radiation treatments starting next week sometime. I just pray the tumor has not spread or increased in size and that his white blood cell count goes up.

Everything is in God's hands now. He has accepted his fate and, at least as far as I can ascertain 3000 miles away, is at peace with what may be in the offing.

I am not planning on returning to California in the near future unless he asks me to or it seems appropriate.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options

@laurasdada said:, I saved $ thanks to big trunk money and buying a '13 New Year's Eve '13.

It mkust have been the only car sold that day. It wouldn't occur to me to buy a car on the day before New Years. Not that we go out and party or anything. Were there other buyers in the showroom?

One thing I really like in the E were the large windows all around, and the seating is very high. Even the backseat is like stadium seating...up high. I compared it to the 535...I think it was the first time I ever sat in the rear seat. The 535 is comfortable, but the E is even better in that regard.

I have seen quite a few Jaguars lately and I like the looks. I think I like the last edition even more....very stately looking.

• Options
    fezofezo Member Posts: 10,384

Just back in. Spent hours in a blood lab today for two ridiculously routine tests - the type the lab does dozens of every day. Problem was the wording on the new script. Two phone calls and a fax later that was resolved. Then, after pulling the needle they realize about the other test. Just one of those days. Everything that could go wrong...

Meanwhile my oldest is in the hospital. She's bipolar which runs in my mom's family and pretty much people dealt with it. It's just a long haul to find the right combination of things and you can lead a pretty normal life. The other three are just fine. It is a constant worry.

Mike, wishes and prayers continue. You're doing what you're capable of - probably beyond that. All you can do is have faith.

While I am pleased to see driver using normal spelling for color (shows he has a sense of humour) I'll greatly disagree on the white is a color. I get that whole white is all colors but a better definition is white is all colors canceling each other out. If I had a white car I'd feel like I was driving a refrigerator.

Saw a new Soul in a parking lot today. First time I looked close at one. Now while I would NEVER buy one I thought they were probably the best spin on driving a box. Not that I see the point but it looked downright attractive next to say and Element or a Cube (faint praise indeed). Well, it looks like Kia said "where's the ugly stick?" and batted around with it. Every change I see is for the worse.

If I get to wanting a lot of space in not too big a package I'd do an Outback or maybe a CX5. Of course to get a CX5 with a stick you have to forego a stick. Where's the fun in that?

2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
  • Options

@laurasdada said:
    ab348: Another take on the issue:
    1.I always look for the parking spot in lots that is closest to where I need to go. Will I now be that guy all by himself at the far end of the lot?

By parking farther away, you will walk more, increasing heart-rate, metabolism and hence, lose weight. You will then have to revamp your wardrobe to fit your new streamlined body. Women will begin to pay more attention to you, you will date more. You will end up marrying a much younger woman. She, of course, will divorce you, taking half of everything and, most likely, your lovely Mercedes. You will become depressed, stop walking, eat more and gain weight. So, ultimately, what's the point? :'(:D

Risk and reward, my friend.

Hilarious but likely true. That's exactly the way I saw it playing out. :)

• Options

@abacomike said:I am not planning on returning to California in the near future unless he asks me to or it seems appropriate.

Sounds like you can do more looking after your Dad at this point. You sure have a lot to deal with Mike, keep yourself as well as possible. You are at your best for others when you are OK yourself..

• Options

@fezo said: I get that whole white is all colors but a better definition is white is all colors canceling each other out.

Good to hear from you again, glad you are back. LOL on your definition of white and your review of the Soul. And thanks for using the Canadian spelling for "humour", you are very kind and generous person (oh, maybe not necessarily generous, but at least kind).

• Options
    @driver100 said:

"Sounds like you can do more looking after your Dad at this point."

Yes, driver. I felt that my son was more concerned about my well-being when I was out there than his own. He is still working every day and has his boys 3 days a week after school. He is very involved in the older boy's athletic endeavors.

I know that if he wants me out there, he'll call me without hesitation. He is very devout in his religion and goes to church frequently. So I know he is at peace with this situation for the present.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options

We went on a tour of a Mausoleum the other day...hope that is the right spelling of the word, if not consider it Canadian spelling. Inside you can have a full casket or a little shelf area with an urn inside and room for some memorabilia if you wish. Some people had photos, or jewellery etc. These two brothers were side by side and they each had a model of a Ford F 150 in their display case, one yellow and one red.

I guess they loved cars too. Also saw a Tim Hortons Cup, some little bowling pins, and one display had a little slot machine. I guess these were some of their favorite things.

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited August 2014

Sounds like a Day of the Dead altar. Always liked those.

@Fezo, Souls are cool. That's what we want to replace the van now that we've almost arrived (in NM that is).

My wife has poo-pooed the optional interior lighting that "beats" with the music however.

• Options
    @laurasdada‌ said:

"Not sure if this or CCBA board was where abacomike (and my thoughts continue to be with you and your family) was discussing MB E Class vs. CLS. But, I was thinking my XF is kinda the hybrid/combo of those two: The style of the CLS with the (not quite as spacious) room/utility of the E sedan."

There is almost no room in the back seat of the CLS - only 2 seats and a huge console back there. I tried sitting in the back seat once to see what it was like and I could not get my legs in the car.

The front seats are actually roomier and more comfortable than the E Class sedan (remember, I had a 2014 I ordered back in January of 2013).

The CLS gets to 60 mph in 5.2 seconds while the new 2015 E400 gets to 60 mph in 5.2 seconds as well - according to the reviews from Edmunds and Car and Driver.

I drove the Jaguar XF and found it a bit snug for me up front. I am 6'2" tall and weigh 250, so there's a lot of me to accommodate. The CLS is also very, very low with limited headroom, even with the seat down low.

@fezo‌ .... and everyone else.....

Thanks for the prayers - I just hope he is in a forgiving mood to answer all our prayers for my son. I don't know what I'd do if he took both my children at such young ages. He took my wife at 48 years old.

2021 Genesis G90