Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Dodge Durango Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    ghuber77ghuber77 Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2014

Hi Gang,

Got an deal presented on 14 Durango Limited in NJ MSRP $42,905, sales price $37,224, 39mo,12k/yr.. Offer is $432/mo with 3k down from equity on a trade -- trade value seemed fair. They used outside bank, not Chrysler cap so residual is 47% money factor .001300. Good deal or no?

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,319

@ghuber77 said:
    Hi Gang,

Got an deal presented on 14 Durango Limited in NJ MSRP $42,905, sales price $37,224, 39mo,12k/yr.. Offer is $432/mo with 3k down from equity on a trade -- trade value seemed fair. They used outside bank, not Chrysler cap so residual is 47% money factor .001300. Good deal or no?

Hard to say since we don't have access to any numbers other than those from Chrysler Capital.

However, it's not a good idea to use a down payment - or trade equity - to lower the payment. If the vehicle is stolen or totaled you are out that money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    fingot1fingot1 Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2014

Can I please get the rates on a 2014 2wd durango Sxt, and limited , 12k/ 36months . Why does it seem that if i came in off the street to put $0 down on a limited, my payments would be over 600 and around 500 for an SXT

• Options

@fingot1 said:
    Can I please get the rates on a 2014 2wd durango Sxt, and limited , 12k/ 36months . Why does it seem that if i came in off the street to put $0 down on a limited, my payments would be over 600 and around 500 for an SXT

SXT - standard MF and 45%

Limited - .00035 and 50%

Poor residuals account for the large payments.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    metroff1metroff1 Member Posts: 2

I just got the following deal on my 2014 Dodge Durango Limited. MSRP was $37,190. I went through Costco and they gave me the price of $34,361. I then got the following rebates: $1,500 lease cash; $1,000 Conquest Lease to Retail Lase; $4,250 IDL Bonus Cash through Ally Leasing (It was only supposed to be $3,500 but they were giving an extra $750 towards the Limited). They gave me a money factor of 53% and an interest rate of 6.01%. I got a 36 month / 15K per year lease for $1,500 down and payments of $390/month. :)

• Options
    fingot1fingot1 Member Posts: 9

Did you apply the rebates after the 34,361 price tage, or did they use those to get you a total price of $34361. How did you get the ally cash, every dealer seems to only want to start with $1500 lease cash.

Maybe the moderator can answer the IDL bonus cash.

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,226

I would, if I knew... Sorry.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    japariciojaparicio Member Posts: 44
    Do you have ally's numbers for a 2014 durango sxt plus rwd w/rallye package. 10k/yr 36 mo
  • Options
    metroff1metroff1 Member Posts: 2

@fingot1 said:
    Did you apply the rebates after the 34,361 price tage, or did they use those to get you a total price of $34361. How did you get the ally cash, every dealer seems to only want to start with $1500 lease cash.

Maybe the moderator can answer the IDL bonus cash.

Yes, the rebates were given off of $34,361. I went through the Costco auto buying program and $34,361 was the pre negotiated price. Then the rebates came off. If you already have a leased car, then you are eligible for the $1,500 Conquest Lease Rebate. It's not required to get rid of the lease you have, but you must have a lease to get that rebate as well. The IDL bonus cash is given when you use a lease from a company other than Chrysler Finance. Your interest rate is a little higher but the rebate offsets that. I gotta be honest, I dealt with 2 dealerships trying to get this deal done and neither knew anything about the IDL rebate. I had to tell them about it and have them research it and it was only after they spoke to their finance guys that they found it. The way that I found all of the rebates was by going to automobilemag.com and looking at the buyer's guide.

• Options

@japaricio said:
    Do you have ally's numbers for a 2014 durango sxt plus rwd w/rallye package. 10k/yr 36 mo

I'm sorry, I only have numbers from Chrysler Finance.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    fjlenofjleno Member Posts: 1

@metroff1 said:
    I just got the following deal on my 2014 Dodge Durango Limited. MSRP was $37,190. I went through Costco and they gave me the price of $34,361. I then got the following rebates: $1,500 lease cash; $1,000 Conquest Lease to Retail Lase; $4,250 IDL Bonus Cash through Ally Leasing (It was only supposed to be $3,500 but they were giving an extra $750 towards the Limited). They gave me a money factor of 53% and an interest rate of 6.01%. I got a 36 month / 15K per year lease for $1,500 down and payments of $390/month. :)

How were you able to apply both the $1500 lease cash (which I'm assuming is through Chrysler Finance) and the $4250 IDL bonus cash for leasing through Ally Bank?

• Options
    leasermannleasermann Member Posts: 11

Looking for MF and Residual on Durango R/T AWD, 24/36/39 Months 10k and 12k year.

Also would it be smarter to go through Ally for larger IDL cash?? Have dealer ep also.

• Options

@leasermann said:
    Looking for MF and Residual on Durango R/T AWD, 24/36/39 Months 10k and 12k year.

Also would it be smarter to go through Ally for larger IDL cash?? Have dealer ep also.

.00026 MF

12K residuals:

24mo - 62%

36mo - 51%

39mo - 44%

Add 1% for 10K miles per year.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    leasermannleasermann Member Posts: 11

Is that Chrysler Financial or Ally?

@Michaell said:

• Options

All of our numbers are Chrysler Finance... we don't have the Ally information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    expereiraexpereira Member Posts: 7

I just got an offer on a 2014 Limited Durango RWD with 12K miles a year for 36 Months. Vehicle Price: $37,190.00, Dealer Savings: -$3,040.00, Vehicle Selling Price: $34,150.00. Final price with tax, tag, dealer fee: $37,507.51

DOWN MONTHLY
    $1,000 $419
    $2,000 $387
    $3,000 $355

What are your thoughts? Is this a good deal. We are in South Florida if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

• Options

@expereira said:
    I just got an offer on a 2014 Limited Durango RWD with 12K miles a year for 36 Months. Vehicle Price: $37,190.00, Dealer Savings: -$3,040.00, Vehicle Selling Price: $34,150.00. Final price with tax, tag, dealer fee: $37,507.51

DOWN MONTHLY
    $1,000 $419
    $2,000 $387
    $3,000 $355

What are your thoughts? Is this a good deal. We are in South Florida if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

I don't fully understand the "final price" - in Florida, tax is applied to the calculated payment, not added to the cap cost. Tags and dealer fees are usually added to the negotiated price to get to a final net capitalized cost.

MF is .00035 and 50% residual for 36/12.

We do not recommend putting any money down to reduce the cap cost in a lease - if the car is stolen or totaled, you would be out that money.

With $0 down and using your MSRP and pre tags and fees cap cost, I calculate a pre-tax payment of $450.54 for 36 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

Thanks for the info. Also, failed to mention, that the figures we were quoted were going through Ally and with total incentives/cash allowances of 6,750.

• Options

@expereira said:
    Thanks for the info. Also, failed to mention, that the figures we were quoted were going through Ally and with total incentives/cash allowances of 6,750.

I don't have any numbers from Ally .. only Chrysler Financial.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

Attached is my latest offer. What do you think?

• Options

Should also give some insight into the Ally numbers for those who are interested.

• Options

Very interesting.. Thanks for posting!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    newdurango14newdurango14 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    Just about to lease a limited Durango with premium package and rear DVD. MSRP is 44,380. I currently have a leased Durango through US BANK. They are giving me the deal of zero down, first payment due for $489 a month. They are returning my current Durango to US Bank. Good deal? This is in NJ with 7% sales tax. That is for 39 months with 12000 miles a year
  • Options

@newdurango14 said:
    Just about to lease a limited Durango with premium package and rear DVD. MSRP is 44,380. I currently have a leased Durango through US BANK. They are giving me the deal of zero down, first payment due for $489 a month. They are returning my current Durango to US Bank. Good deal? This is in NJ with 7% sales tax. That is for 39 months with 12000 miles a year

we don't have any numbers for US Bank, so it is hard for us to evaluate your deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    raechris1raechris1 Member Posts: 8

Hi,

Wondering what the MF and residual are for 2014 Limited AWD? Also, do options make a difference? And does GAP coverage come with Chrysler leases?

Thanks in advance.

• Options

@raechris1 said:
    Hi,

Wondering what the MF and residual are for 2014 Limited AWD? Also, do options make a difference? And does GAP coverage come with Chrysler leases?

Thanks in advance.

What lease term and how many miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    raechris1raechris1 Member Posts: 8
    Sorry 12k / 36 mos.
  • Options

@raechris1 said:
    Hi,

36mo 12k
    Thanks in advance.

.00035 and 52%.

Options do not affect residual.

I believe GAP is included.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    coco135coco135 Member Posts: 12
    edited June 2014

thanks for the help!
    i am the worst when it comes to leasing (clueless)

I am looking to lease a citadel RWD msrp 49720, 36 months or 24, 12k miles
    eligible for conquest rebate (1k i believe and seems like they offer additional 1500 in rebate)
    can i get some $$$ numbers $$$ of how much i should pay with 1500 down that would be a good deal
    I am in LA ca

• Options

@coco135 said:
    thanks for the help!
    i am the worst when it comes to leasing (clueless)

I am looking to lease a citadel RWD msrp 49720, 36 months or 24, 12k miles
    eligible for conquest rebate (1k i believe and seems like they offer additional 1500 in rebate)
    can i get some $$$ numbers $$$ of how much i should pay with 1500 down that would be a good deal
    I am in LA ca

What is the net cap cost? Without that, it is hard to figure out a decent payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

It is 45700

@Michaell said:
    What is the net cap cost? Without that, it is hard to figure out a decent payment.

• Options

@coco135 said:
    It is 45700

We don't have the July numbers yet to model a payment. Give us a day or two.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    bigblockc3bigblockc3 Member Posts: 141
    edited July 2014

Hello again... Looking at the 2014 Durango AWD R/T & the Durango AWD Citadel.
    We will put no more than 10,000 per year on it. Can you please provide the following for "each?"
    1. Money Factor, 2. Residual, 3. Lease Cash (advertised is $2,000?), 4. Factory to Dealer Lease cash (usually undisclosed), 5. Any other lease incentives?, 6. Hold Back

Thanks once again!

GEO

• Options

@bigblockc3 said:
    Hello again... Looking at the 2014 Durango AWD R/T & the Durango AWD Citadel.
    We will put no more than 10,000 per year on it. Can you please provide the following for "each?"
    1. Money Factor, 2. Residual, 3. Lease Cash (advertised is $2,000?), 4. Factory to Dealer Lease cash (usually undisclosed), 5. Any other lease incentives?, 6. Hold Back

Thanks once again!

GEO

Sorry, the July numbers from Chrysler aren't yet available.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

Check back next week?

• Options

If it helps...Today (7/3/14) i got a citadel RWD for 24 months lease with 10k miles per year...
    Residual 59%
    MF 0.000135
    went through Chrysler capital

@bigblockc3 said:
    Check back next week?

• Options

Thanks for reporting in..

We should have the new numbers by early next week.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    barhoc11barhoc11 Member Posts: 1

I just got some pricing on a 2014 Durango AWD Limited from my local dealer and it seems high to me, can anyone please let me know if I am getting taken advantage of? I got priced a monthly payment of $445 for 36 months with around $1k due at signing (first month pmt, taxes on rebates, registration). The sticker on the car is $41,880 and I was given the Employee Price due to father in-law being a Chrysler employee. I appreciate the help and apologize for my ignorance.

• Options

@barhoc11 said:
    I just got some pricing on a 2014 Durango AWD Limited from my local dealer and it seems high to me, can anyone please let me know if I am getting taken advantage of? I got priced a monthly payment of $445 for 36 months with around $1k due at signing (first month pmt, taxes on rebates, registration). The sticker on the car is $41,880 and I was given the Employee Price due to father in-law being a Chrysler employee. I appreciate the help and apologize for my ignorance.

What is the employee price, and what is the lease term and miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited July 2014

Hello again... Checking Back. Still Looking at the 2014 5.7L Durango AWD R/T & the Durango AWD Citadel. We will put no more than 10,000 per year on it. Can you please provide the following for "each?" 1. Money Factor, 2. Residual, 3. Lease Cash / Advertised is $2,000 cash allowance? 4. Factory to Dealer Lease cash (usually undisclosed), 5. Any other lease incentives?, 6. Hold Back (3.00%?), 7. Terms: 24, 36, 39 & 48... 8. *Does engine size or transmission options affect residual % value in either of the two trims?

Thanks once again!

GEORGE

• Options

@bigblockc3 said:
    Hello again... Checking Back. Still Looking at the 2014 5.7L Durango AWD R/T & the Durango AWD Citadel. We will put no more than 10,000 per year on it. Can you please provide the following for "each?" 1. Money Factor, 2. Residual, 3. Lease Cash / Advertised is $2,000 cash allowance? 4. Factory to Dealer Lease cash (usually undisclosed), 5. Any other lease incentives?, 6. Hold Back (3.00%?), 7. Terms: 24, 36, 39 & 48... 8. *Does engine size or transmission options affect residual % value in either of the two trims?

Thanks once again!

GEORGE

R/T: .00026 MF and 52% residual for 36mo, 10K/yr.

.00031 MF and 62% residual for 24mo, 10K/yr

Citadel: .00015 MF and 51% for 36mo, 10K/yr

.00017 MF and 60% residual for 24mo, 10K/yr.

You can find the answers to 3), 4), 5) and 6), by using the shopping tools at the top of the page, under the Car Research tab.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

@bigblockc3 said:

Thanks once again!

GEORGE

R/T: .00026 MF and 52% residual for 36mo, 10K/yr.

.00031 MF and 62% residual for 24mo, 10K/yr

Citadel: .00015 MF and 51% for 36mo, 10K/yr

.00017 MF and 60% residual for 24mo, 10K/yr.

You can find the answers to 3), 4), 5) and 6), by using the shopping tools at the top of the page, under the Car Research tab.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

Found Hold Back and Incentives under tabs provided - Thank you! The advertised incentives match with what Edmund's advises... *Unfortunately, the factory to dealer "lease-cash" is not disclosed anywhere? I guess I will need to estimate that number. Most dealers receive at least a $1,000 from the factory to help move older inventory for the new model year units... Before I begin negotiating, can you provide the break-down for terms 39 & 48 as you did for 24 & 36? The residuals & MFs will be poor but I'd like to see it just in case... ***Thanks for ALL your help! George

• Options

Another question... With regard to money factor. I'm shopping for a client's son as well who may fall into tier 2 or 3. *Do you have MF info for these as well?

• Options

@bigblockc3 said:
    Found Hold Back and Incentives under tabs provided - Thank you! The advertised incentives match with what Edmund's advises... *Unfortunately, the factory to dealer "lease-cash" is not disclosed anywhere? I guess I will need to estimate that number. Most dealers receive at least a $1,000 from the factory to help move older inventory for the new model year units... Before I begin negotiating, can you provide the break-down for terms 39 & 48 as you did for 24 & 36? The residuals & MFs will be poor but I'd like to see it just in case... ***Thanks for ALL your help! George

R/T: .00026 MF and 44% residual for 39mo, 10K/yr.

Citadel: .00015 MF and 42% for 39mo, 10K/yr

I don't have any 48 month numbers.... you can see why 36 months is the longest term you should consider on this model..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

@bigblockc3 said:
    Another question... With regard to money factor. I'm shopping for a client's son as well who may fall into tier 2 or 3. *Do you have MF info for these as well?

Money factors are good for Tier 1 or 2... for Tier 3, add .00060

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

That's VERY interesting? So the MF remains the same regardless of Tier 1 or Tier 2? I assume that if a borrower falls into Tier 2, underwriting may require more money down or perhaps look for other compensating factors before approving the loan? Tier 3 credit has a MF which is three (3) to five (5) times GREATER than the first two tiers. *Pretty steep! Chrysler actually advertises a 48 month lease; However, residuals must be horrible. I certainly agree that 36 months is the longest term anyone should take for a lease in this case. Thanks for taking the time to clear this up

• Options
    top_sealtop_seal Member Posts: 13

In NY, I am looking at a Dodge Durango both SXT and Limited (my wife wants leather) and would like the MF and Residual for 36 mo/12k mile lease. The info at cars.com/go/alg makes me think the lease will be very expensive due to poor residual (as compared to Highlander, Santa Fe, etc)

• Options

@top_seal said:
    In NY, I am looking at a Dodge Durango both SXT and Limited (my wife wants leather) and would like the MF and Residual for 36 mo/12k mile lease. The info at cars.com/go/alg makes me think the lease will be very expensive due to poor residual (as compared to Highlander, Santa Fe, etc)

.00015 MF and 51% for the Limited. For some reason they aren't supporting leases of the SXT, this month.

You have to take everything into account, not just the residual. Money factor and incentives are just as important.. I doubt you can lease a Highlander any cheaper, this month, but maybe the Santa Fe.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    top_sealtop_seal Member Posts: 13

Dealers willing to agree to low cap cost on Santa Fe GLS AWD are awaiting shipments due in mid-Aug and those would be best deals. so right now, I find the Pathfinder SL as the best deal in hand, but Highlander XLE is close behind - both in the upper $300s/month. The Truecar.com guaranteed quote is the best to get to a low cap cost. Edmunds was higher, but not too bad. Costco Auto quotes were much higher and not worthwhile.

This discussion has been closed.