Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Subaru Outback Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    hockeymom1712hockeymom1712 Member Posts: 12
    Thank you very much.
  • Options
    jene77jene77 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2015
    Lease rates for 2015 Outback 2.5i Premium and Limited in Colorado 15K/36mo? Thanks!
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,319
    jene77 said:
    Lease rates for 2015 Outback 2.5i Premium and Limited in Colorado 15K/36mo? Thanks!
    55% for both

.00029 for premium; .00031 for limited. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    malibuskiermalibuskier Member Posts: 2
    Looking for MF & Res on 2015 Outback 2.5i Premium --12K/36 months in Utah/Idaho region Price $27,300. Also 2015 Outback 2.5i (base) @ $25,500. Thanks. I Was just quoted .00089/58% out of Idaho on the 2.5I (base)... Seems way off based off of the premium quotes listed.
  • Options

Looking for MF & Res on 2015 Outback 2.5i Premium --12K/36 months in Utah/Idaho region Price $27,300. Also 2015 Outback 2.5i (base) @ $25,500. Thanks. I Was just quoted .00089/58% out of Idaho on the 2.5I (base)... Seems way off based off of the premium quotes listed.

36/12 lease numbers:
    2.5i Base - 60% and .00087 (58% is for 15K)
    2.5i Premium - 57% and .00029

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    malibuskiermalibuskier Member Posts: 2
    thank you
  • Options
    pcrage_2pcrage_2 Member Posts: 3
    do you have the june numbers for an outback premium 2.5, 3 year lease, with 15k mi/yr, in Indiana? My ordered outback should be at the dealership any day now!
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,228
    pcrage_2 said:

do you have the june numbers for an outback premium 2.5, 3 year lease, with 15k mi/yr, in Indiana? My ordered outback should be at the dealership any day now!

.00029 MF and 55% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    vchiu7vchiu7 Member Posts: 6
    MF and RV for the following please

2015 3.6R with 36M, 15k/Y lease.

thanks
  • Options
    vchiu7vchiu7 Member Posts: 6

vchiu7 said:

Hi all,

need some advice on this one. the dealer i got the best quoted price is in IL and i am in NJ. i just found out that they do not offer out of state leases for some reason. and the only way i can get the car is check/finance. is there a reason why this dealer does not participate in OOS lease? i don't really understand why since the lease would be with the bank/Chase.

If anyone has any input on OOS leases/purchase, can you please provide some insight as to any additional fees that might be required?

Could you tell me the name of the dealership? I'm looking at Outback, too and I'm from IL. 

sorry i am way late since i don't come on here. i got a 2016 quote from Grand Subaru near Chicago, but bought a 2015 from Shortline Subaru from CO. MSRP of 38.5K and agreed upon sale price is $33,066.

• Options
    vchiu7 said:

MF and RV for the following please

2015 3.6R with 36M, 15k/Y lease.

thanks

.00031 MF and 55% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    subda1516subda1516 Member Posts: 8
    I'm looking to order a 2016 but I want info for 2015 as well.

Can I get a MF and RV for 2016 Premium with Eyesight and Nav 36/10K in San Diego? What about a 2015 Limited with Eyesight? 730+ credit score.

Thanks
  • Options
    subda1516 said:

I'm looking to order a 2016 but I want info for 2015 as well.

Can I get a MF and RV for 2016 Premium with Eyesight and Nav 36/10K in San Diego? What about a 2015 Limited with Eyesight? 730+ credit score.

Thanks

2015 Limited - 58% and .00031

No 2016 numbers just yet.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Thanks! What about premium in 2015, is it the same?
  • Options
    subda1516 said:

Thanks! What about premium in 2015, is it the same?

58% and .00029 for Premium 2.5i

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    wdwd Member Posts: 4
    What is MF and RV for 2015 2.5i limited in AZ?
  • Options
    wd said:

What is MF and RV for 2015 2.5i limited in AZ?

55% and .00031 for 36/15

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    wdwd Member Posts: 4
    thanks. Sorry, I should have specified. Looking at 36/10....and is 93% off MSRP a fair deal these days?
  • Options
    wd said:

thanks. Sorry, I should have specified. Looking at 36/10....and is 93% off MSRP a fair deal these days?

Add 3% to the 15K residual if you want 10K per year.

Subaru is having a banner year and cannot keep cars on the lot. I didn't get much of a discount when we bought ours in February (4-6% off MSRP, if memory serves). If you can get 7% off sticker, more power to you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    velosportvelosport Member Posts: 18
    Two questions:

1. Would like to know MF and RV for 2015 2.5i Limited with Eyesight and Nav

2. Am curious: is anyone in the real world able to get a 2015 2.5i Premium with *only* the Eyesight/blind spot/rear gate package (and no other packages)? Is this something that could be ordered (as "build your own" on Subaru site would indicate)?
  • Options
    Sorry - earlier draft must have posted. For Question 1, was wondering about MF and RV for 2015 2.5i Limited with Eyesight and Nav, on a 36/12k lease in Virginia. Thanks!
  • Options
    velosport said:

Sorry - earlier draft must have posted. For Question 1, was wondering about MF and RV for 2015 2.5i Limited with Eyesight and Nav, on a 36/12k lease in Virginia. Thanks!

57% and .00031

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Thanks for the quick reply!
  • Options
    ofindofind Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone tell me how bad I'm getting ripped off?

2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium w/ Moonroof/Power Rear Gate and Protection Package #1
    State: VA
    MSRP: 30,319
    Negotiated Selling Price: 28,777
    36 mos / 12,000 mi/year
    $0 down
    MR: .00079
    Residual: .57
  • Options
    I'm new to this myself, but that would appear to have a money factor bumped to the max possible for the dealer to charge, right? I'd read on the forums that dealers can go up to +.0005 on MF, and my quote here (see above) for Virginia was giving me a .00031 MF.

Can I ask where in VA you are doing this? We are in the Shenandoah Valley and have wondered if we'd need to head to more urban areas for better deals.
    ofind said:

2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium w/ Moonroof/Power Rear Gate and Protection Package #1
    36 mos / 12,000 mi/year
    $0 down

• Options
    ofindofind Member Posts: 2
    .00079 is the highest money rate I've seen on this forum. This is from Fairfax County. I was wondering if I needed to head to the country for better deals!
  • Options
    ofind said:

This is from Fairfax County. I was wondering if I needed to head to the country for better deals!

Ha - guess the grass is always greener!

For my own edification, I ran your numbers through the leaseguide calculator - mainly curious to see the impact of changes in the MF. At .00079, that's a total of $1310 in "finance charge/rent" (interest) over the three years (and $20 more per month), with the .00031 yielding a $514 finance charge over the three years. While $800 is....well, $800....this underscores for me the importance of negotiating down the actual price of the car more than fighting over MF changes (given that yours is literally "worst case" in terms of dealer markup on MF). Or, that would be *my* take on it!
  • Options
    ofind said:

36 mos / 12,000 mi/year
    $0 down

.00029 MF and 57% residual.

The maximum money factor markup is .00050, so there you go..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    velosport said:

ofind said:

This is from Fairfax County. I was wondering if I needed to head to the country for better deals!

Ha - guess the grass is always greener!

For my own edification, I ran your numbers through the leaseguide calculator - mainly curious to see the impact of changes in the MF. At .00079, that's a total of $1310 in "finance charge/rent" (interest) over the three years (and $20 more per month), with the .00031 yielding a $514 finance charge over the three years. While $800 is....well, $800....this underscores for me the importance of negotiating down the actual price of the car more than fighting over MF changes (given that yours is literally "worst case" in terms of dealer markup on MF). Or, that would be *my* take on it!
    .00031 is the base MF for the Limited models.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Here are some some negotiated pricing and lease offer numbers, for which I'd love to get feedback:

2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium w/ Eyesight and Power Lift Gate option.
    MSRP: 30,769
    Negotiated Selling Price: 28684
    36mo/12k a year
    $0 down
    MF of .0003 (they started with .00079, but dropped it when I asked)
    Residual of 57%

Here is where things get harder for me to follow....

The only other listed costs were:
    Gov Fees $60.75
    Proc/Doc Fees $299
    Total Taxes $1231.78

The dealer wrote down payment of $392 a month. Actually, he started with $418 written down and I asked what was in there to make it so high. Using the leaseguide online calculator, I'm getting an estimate of either $368 or $386, depending on whether I factor in VA tax (which seems like it's already covered in the $1231 tax line) or not.

How does this seem as a deal? And should I be worried about the discrepancy in the quoted monthly payment b/w the calculator and the dealer?
  • Options
    velosport said:

Here are some some negotiated pricing and lease offer numbers, for which I'd love to get feedback:

2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium w/ Eyesight and Power Lift Gate option.
    MSRP: 30,769
    Negotiated Selling Price: 28684
    36mo/12k a year
    $0 down
    MF of .0003 (they started with .00079, but dropped it when I asked)
    Residual of 57%

Here is where things get harder for me to follow....

The only other listed costs were:
    Gov Fees $60.75
    Proc/Doc Fees $299
    Total Taxes $1231.78

The dealer wrote down payment of $392 a month. Actually, he started with $418 written down and I asked what was in there to make it so high. Using the leaseguide online calculator, I'm getting an estimate of either $368 or $386, depending on whether I factor in VA tax (which seems like it's already covered in the $1231 tax line) or not.

How does this seem as a deal? And should I be worried about the discrepancy in the quoted monthly payment b/w the calculator and the dealer?

If I add in those extra costs, I get $368/mo..

But, how much is due at signing? Don't see any provision for the $595 acquisition fee...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    edited June 2015

But, how much is due at signing? Don't see any provision for the $595 acquisition fee...
    Good question! I was wondering that as we talked selling price. I should have added in my post that this isn't actually the signing day - we are deciding to put down $500 deposit to order the one we want for delivery in early July. So, ere would be another round of talking about this with the dealer, but this helps me think it through.

Sorry for my ignorance, but would the $595 usually be due at signing? I will also ask them in the morning how much would be due at signing. I'm just not figuring out how this $392 is emerging...but the $595 being rolled into the the financed part could be part of it.
  • Options
    velosport said:

Good question! I was wondering that as we talked selling price. I should have added in my post that this isn't actually the signing day - we are deciding to put down $500 deposit to order the one we want for delivery in early July. So, ere would be another round of talking about this with the dealer, but this helps me think it through.

Sorry for my ignorance, but would the $595 usually be due at signing? I will also ask them in the morning how much would be due at signing. I'm just not figuring out how this $392 is emerging...but the $595 being rolled into the the financed part could be part of it.

The $595 acquisition fee can be paid upfront or at signing..

Due at signing? 1st payment, title/registration fees, dealer fee..

What does the dealer say is due at signing with those quotes? $0 down doesn't always mean $0 due at signing.... but, if it does, then we need to add in the first payment and the acquisition fee to calculate the lease payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Have the 2016 MF and residuals been released yet? If not, can I order a 2016 now and deal with financials once the numbers are released?
  • Options
    edited June 2015

The $595 acquisition fee can be paid upfront or at signing..

Due at signing? 1st payment, title/registration fees, dealer fee..

What does the dealer say is due at signing with those quotes? $0 down doesn't always mean $0 due at signing.... but, if it does, then we need to add in the first payment and the acquisition fee to calculate the lease payment.

Thanks - this helps clarify. I have a feeling what the finance guy was hearing when we said "no money down" was that we *really* wanted as close to $0 at closing as possible...when, in fact, we just meant we didn't to pay any cap cost reduction. Because we weren't working from a more standard leasing form, I could actually see the listed cap cost to know precisely what was in there.

I'm going to call him this morning to clarify what is due at signing and, therefore, what exactly should go into the lease payment calculation.
  • Options
    subda1516 said:

Have the 2016 MF and residuals been released yet? If not, can I order a 2016 now and deal with financials once the numbers are released?

No 2016 numbers yet.

You certainly can order a 2016 now - if you dealer allows you to - and use whatever the current numbers are when the car is delivered.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    brianp11brianp11 Member Posts: 2
    Hello everyone,

Really new to car buying here. I am thinking about leasing an 2015 Outback 2.5i base. We were hoping to do 36 months / 36K miles. We are in Indiana. Can anyone give me some basic pointers on what to negotiate? What would be the general acceptable selling price relative to MSRP? Very new here! Thanks.
  • Options
    brianp11 said:

Hello everyone,

Really new to car buying here. I am thinking about leasing an 2015 Outback 2.5i base. We were hoping to do 36 months / 36K miles. We are in Indiana. Can anyone give me some basic pointers on what to negotiate? What would be the general acceptable selling price relative to MSRP? Very new here! Thanks.

Use the pricing tools at the top of the page to help you - make / model / year.

The only negotiable elements of a lease are the selling price and the money factor. For the Outback base, the MF is .00087 and the 36 month, 12,000 miles per year residual is 60%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    fred_farberfred_farber Member Posts: 3
    Hi
    Could anyone tell me, what does it mean to order a car from the factory when the lease has not yet been negotiated? My understanding is that you have to put a deposit down first, like $2K, but you can't work out the details of the lease until later. So how do you have any leverage with the dealer to adjust the mf if the car is already on the way? Plus, when it arrives in 8-12 weeks, the current lease incentives and rates may or may not exist. Is that right?

Also, can anyone tell me current mf/residual values in New York for an 2015 2.5i Premium with the moonroof/eyesight (does that matter)? + Does anyone know, if I live in New York, would it be better to lease with a dealer in another state, say Mass? I understand that you have to pay all the taxes up front in New York..
  • Options

Hi
    Could anyone tell me, what does it mean to order a car from the factory when the lease has not yet been negotiated? My understanding is that you have to put a deposit down first, like $2K, but you can't work out the details of the lease until later. So how do you have any leverage with the dealer to adjust the mf if the car is already on the way? Plus, when it arrives in 8-12 weeks, the current lease incentives and rates may or may not exist. Is that right?

This is kind of we've had to do (or, are doing right now) in order to get a Premium with only the eyesight/rear lift gate option. We've left a deposit of $500 (which is basically just good faith money; it's a check that they haven't cashed) to get this one sent from the factory, when ready. This isn't the same as a true factory order, I suppose, but the issues with the lease are similar. I've negotiated the terms of the lease in advance with the dealer finance guy, with the understanding of course that the Subaru MF could change in a month. But, getting the inflated MF dropped to the base Subaru MF could be handled in advance (and written down) - with the understanding that you'd only ever pay the base MF. We also negotiated the markdown from MSRP in advance as well.
  • Options
    brianp11brianp11 Member Posts: 2
    velosport said:

Hi

This is kind of we've had to do (or, are doing right now) in order to get a Premium with only the eyesight/rear lift gate option. We've left a deposit of $500 (which is basically just good faith money; it's a check that they haven't cashed) to get this one sent from the factory, when ready. This isn't the same as a true factory order, I suppose, but the issues with the lease are similar. I've negotiated the terms of the lease in advance with the dealer finance guy, with the understanding of course that the Subaru MF could change in a month. But, getting the inflated MF dropped to the base Subaru MF could be handled in advance (and written down) - with the understanding that you'd only ever pay the base MF. We also negotiated the markdown from MSRP in advance as well.
    What percentage off MSRP would be a reasonable selling price? 4 to 6%?

Thanks?
  • Options
    You can look through the forum here to see some prices, but seems like getting 7-8% below MSRP is pretty good for the Outback right now. Maybe that's changing with the 2016 year on the near horizon. We were looking at $30,306 MSRP and a negotiated price of $28,684...which works out to 5.4% below MSRP. I bet we could have done better (just my feel of how it went), but we could live with it.
  • Options
    @fred_farber You are right... no leverage. Find one you like on the lot.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    boltaniumboltanium Member Posts: 1
    Received lease quotes from a dealer today for two relatively comparable 2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited. Main difference was one had the Eyesight feature.

36 Month / 15k miles / No money down
    Car 1 = $541.25/month (MSPR $34,194)
    Car 2 = $553.45/month (MSPR $35,010)

Glancing over the pricing for other monthly lease payments of comparable trim models in this forum the numbers quoted to me seem fairly high. Thoughts on what a reasonable payment for this trim level of Outback should be?
  • Options
    surrealist32surrealist32 Member Posts: 7
    Hi Everyone, new to this site. I am looking to get a 2015 Subaru Outback Premium lease with $3,000 down and 15K year miles. I was just wondering what a good monthly payment would be? I don't get all the money factor and residual talk! lol
  • Options
    edited July 2015

Hi Everyone, new to this site. I am looking to get a 2015 Subaru Outback Premium lease with $3,000 down and 15K year miles. I was just wondering what a good monthly payment would be? I don't get all the money factor and residual talk! lol

If you don't want to bother with thinking about residual and money factor, a "good" monthly payment is whatever you think you can tolerate. Lol. That's how the dealer will think about it, at least, and they will be thrilled to see you walk through the door.
  • Options

We don't recommend making a down payment on a lease - if the car is stolen or totaled, you would lose that money.

For the Outback Premium 2.5i, the 3 year, 15,000 mile per year lease numbers are 55% residual and .00029 MF. Residual is set by the bank and the dealer is not allowed to change it. The MF is used to calculate the interest on the lease and the dealer is allowed to mark that up for extra profit.

Negotiate the best selling price you can (use the pricing tools at the top of the page - make / model / year to help you) and pay attention to the fees and you should be OK.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    surrealist32surrealist32 Member Posts: 7
    Michaell said:

We don't recommend making a down payment on a lease - if the car is stolen or totaled, you would lose that money.

For the Outback Premium 2.5i, the 3 year, 15,000 mile per year lease numbers are 55% residual and .00029 MF. Residual is set by the bank and the dealer is not allowed to change it. The MF is used to calculate the interest on the lease and the dealer is allowed to mark that up for extra profit.

Negotiate the best selling price you can (use the pricing tools at the top of the page - make / model / year to help you) and pay attention to the fees and you should be OK.
    Michaell,

Thanks so much for replying to my question, really appreciate it. If you don't mind, would you be able to tell me the formula for creating the lease payment? Then I can plug numbers into it.

Thanks Again!
  • Options

Michaell said:

Michaell,

Thanks so much for replying to my question, really appreciate it. If you don't mind, would you be able to tell me the formula for creating the lease payment? Then I can plug numbers into it.

Thanks Again!
    Try this: http://www.leaseguide.com/calc/
  • Options
    Now that we are in July, wondering if MF/residual have changed.

Specifically, what are MF and residual for 2015 Outback 2.5 Premium with only eyesight/rear liftgate package, in Virginia?