Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    mabubbamabubba Member Posts: 53
    For the 1.8T, you can definitely upgrade the turbo....For the 6 cylinder (I have a '99 2.8 Quattro) the typical option is to put on a supercharger. PES tuning has a really nice one for 5k, which I've thought about getting.

Good luck,

mabubba
  • Options
    skimoskimo Member Posts: 23
    Hello All, I am new to the Audi form.....

I am curious as to what the April lease rates are on the A4s... (money factor, residuals, incentives? etc..) I have been trying to lease a 3 series BMW for the last month (couldnt find options/ color)...did not consider AUDI..suddenly a friend of mine pulls up in the new grey (2006?) A4 1.8...i was in shutgun, LOVED IT. Before walking into dealer to test drive, need to get armed with lease rates. Any info?

Thank you very much
    Skimo
  • Options
    vinpovinpo Member Posts: 7
    Hello All, I test drove a 2005 A4 3.0 Quattro today. The dealer gave me the following deal..

2005 A4 3.0 Quattro V6 Engine
    6 Speed Manual
    Light Silver Metallic
    Premium Package
    Sport Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Audi music system
    Pirelli Tires

MSRP 39,300
    Invoice 36,400

Is this a good deal? Let me know.

Thanks
  • Options
    kts729kts729 Member Posts: 6
    05.5 A4 2.0T Quattro, Arctic White, Premium package, 17" Wheels, Cold Weather
    12K Miles/yr (58% residual)- 36 months - $34644
    Cash due at signing = $1500, Tax, tags, Acq fee, 1st month payment
    They quoted me $483/mo with a residual of $20225, 3.6% money factor figured in.
    $483*36=$17388
    $34644-17388 = $17256.
    Price of car $34644 minus residual $20225 = $14419/36 = $404
    Doesn't make sense. Am I missing something??
  • Options
    ctorreyctorrey Member Posts: 64
    Check out the Leasing forum hosted by car_man. All you have to do is submit a request with your lease parameters (miles/year, length, etc.) and the make & model and within a day or so he will get back to you.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    Am I missing something??

Finance charge... That 3.6% money factor... I assume that means a money factor of .0015... That would be about $78/mo., given the numbers you supply.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    clouseauclouseau Member Posts: 2
    I believe that the money factor on 05.5 A4's is 3.24% until May 4th. (.00135)
  • Options
    That's what I don't understand. How do you get $78/mo? What is that 3.6% of?

The MSRP is $34870
  • Options
    Thank you Clouseau. ISeems as thoughyou're familiar with Audis. Is there any other price advice you can offer on a decent cap cost and MSRP for an A4 05.5 lease?
  • Options
    Hi- I'm in the market for an 05.5 A4 with the same packages.
    What are the advantages of the Premium Purchase Program?
    Was $32929 the Gross Cap Cost?
    What state are you in?

My first time leasing and I'm just beginning to gather pricing. From what I've received so far, this looks like a great deal.
  • Options
    clouseauclouseau Member Posts: 2
    I defer to the experts on the board - but you should be able to negotiate 1,000 off MSRP. With a cap cost of 33870, your monthly would be $452 using the parameters in your previous post.
  • Options
    dchondadchonda Member Posts: 8
    I am in the market for the A4 2.0T wagon. I received an offer from a dealer of $100 over invoice, excluding the navigation model. When I asked about the fees he responded with the following: "Your calculations are correct with the exception that in all of the invoices that we receive from the factory, there is also a charge of $150.00 for dealer association advertising and $195.00 charge for PDI pre-delivery inspection. This charges are standard for all dealers. Our processing fee is $295.00."

Does anyone know about these fees? Are they real. Does this sound like a good deal otherwise?
  • Options
    3.6% is the effective interest rate... but, that isn't how you figure it...

They use a "money factor".. 3.6% equates to .0015 money factor..

The formula is:

money factor X (residual + cap cost) = monthly finance charge.

You are basically paying 3.6% interest on the average outstanding loan balance which is (cap cost + residual) / 2

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jpouchetjpouchet Member Posts: 38
    Just bought my new A4 1.8T Cabriolet and actually enjoyed the experience. The folks at Audi of Mission Viejo (CA) worked with me to find the exact car specifications and color I wanted and then proceeded to provide me with a very fair price. The whole process was painless and the staff of Audi were equal to Fletcher Jones Mercedes in courtesy and professionalism. Having been a long-time owner of Mercedes my biggest concern was how I would be treated by Audi. Well those concerns are gone as these people are fantastic.

I ended up paying about $2,000 below invoice (note- your actual deal may vary as timing, financial conditions, market prices, and inventory may effect your actual purchase price) but more importantly - I was and am completely satisfied with the entire purchase process. And, getting a FULL tank of gas at $2.89 a gallon is pretty nice too.
  • Options
    fezst1fezst1 Member Posts: 4
    I got an offer for A4 3.0 auto Quadro DEMO with 5200 miles on it. Dealer ask $35360. MSRP is little over 40K. I think it should be lower than that. What is the reasonable offer for this car?

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    aec11aec11 Member Posts: 13
    The processing fee is real in that all of the dealers do try to charge it, but the amount may vary by dealer. When my dealer tried to stick me with it, I said no deal, he agreed to drop it. In your case, I'd negotiate it out of the deal.

Otherwise, the $100 over invoice is a good deal, but if it doesn't have all of the options you want, then it's not a good deal at any price. If he's willing to sell it to you for only $100 over invoice, then he's obviously had a hard time selling it.
  • Options
    lmb7265lmb7265 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking for a 2005.5 A4 2.0T quattro with Premium Package and Sport Package. MSRP w/ emissions and destination = 33,170, Invoice w/ emissions and destination = 30,798. Got a quote from a dealer for 31,568. Is that a good deal or should I keep shopping around? I know they have a deal right now for 4.9% financing... does anyone know if that is a good % for audi or if they ever have better than that? Thanks a lot!!
  • Options
    compcomp Member Posts: 43
    That's 2.5% above invoice. In my book that is a pretty good deal, especially for a new model.
  • Options
    lmb7265lmb7265 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info... I actually ended up getting it for $450 over invoice! ($300 less than 2.5% over).
  • Options
    jkd111jkd111 Member Posts: 11
    I bought a 2.0T today from Laurel Audi in Westmont IL. They were a pleasure to work with. I have to say this was the first time I actually had fun buying a car. I would highly recommend buying from them....

Interesting piece of info- The 36 month lease payment on a loaded 2006 A3 2.0 DSG was $4 HIGHER than the 36 month lease payment on an 05 S4 AT with the same money down. They have a special on 05 S4's, but that seems like a bit of a problem for the A3. The 35K car costs more then the 53K car...They have absolutely ZERO incentive of A3 leases. The residual is 50% and the money factor is about 8.5%.
  • Options
    sm122097sm122097 Member Posts: 3
    My special order is taking about 2 months. From what I understand talking to dealers, the time depends, in part, on where there orders for future cars are on a list and if they can substitute yours for an order for a generic car that no one has asked for
  • Options
    mgrcmmgrcm Member Posts: 53
    Hello everyone....I'll try to make it short.First there are few Audi dealers in my area and the closest is 50 miles away.My wife is looking to trade in her Toyota Highlander for an 05.5' A4 quattro,manuel trans.,premium,cold weather pkg. with 17" wheels.The deal so far is 1000.00 off MSRP and just under trade-in value for her Highlander.With little mark up on these Audi's,probably a little over 2000.00,I still think and to me a good deal would be 500.00 over invoice and trade in value for our car.To me money is still made on both cars.Basically they have nothing on the lot that were interested in but a swap is no problem for them.Still if it was on the lot I think we could get a better deal.So should I stick with my deal or accept defeat and go along with there offer.I'm used to paying around invoice for cars and I just can't bring myself to accept there offer,whether it's an Audi or not.
  • Options
    samusamu Member Posts: 8
    I am in the market for a new A4 and would like to know what other people have been offered or are offering for this car. seams like a great car but just a little above my range and any help would be appreciated. thanks.
  • Options
    woody2408woody2408 Member Posts: 8
    I am currently waiting on a 2005.5 A4 2.0T Automatic w/Tiptronic (Premium Package, Cold weather package + paint) MSRP $34,670. The price I was quoted is $33,305 +tax and licensing. Does anyone know the current Money Factor and Residual that Audi is using on the 2005.5 A4? I was going to buy, but now that I have some time on my hands - before it arrives at the dealer (who knows when - supposedly it is in transit from California to Washington) I am looking into the possibility and benefits of leasing. So far the reading here in this forum has been fairly educational and interesting, as I am not very familiar with leasing. I am trying to get as much info as I can so I can mull over my options (lease vs. buy) before the car arrives. Currently I can get 4.99% APR from my credit union to buy (two weeks ago it was 4.49%) - does anyone know if there are lower interest rates being offered? Looking for Audi's current Money Factor and Residual for the 2005.5 A4 and lowest interest rates people know of......Thanks to any and all for any info.
  • Options
    Post your lease questions with Car_man at the following forum. Just supply your geographic location, lease term, annual miles, make, model, and year and he should get you all the info your need in a day or so...

Leasing Forum
  • Options
    saocsaoc Member Posts: 22
    I recently bought a 3.2 with premium, cold, NAV, lighting, upgraded audio with XM, sport package and walnut trim for $41500. This is about $1000 over invoice. As a current Audi owner I got an additional $1000 off. In addtion, I could finance it through Audi for 2.9% for up to 3 years.

I currently own a A6 2.7T and I started looking at the new A6, M35X and the RL but couldn't convince myself that they were worth the extra money. I didn't need the extra space since it is only me in the car 95% of the time. I didn't look at the new 3 series because I have never liked the experience at any of the local BMW dealers. They seem to think that I should be honored just that they will allow me to look at their car. Too haughty.

I then looked at the A4 and the TL. I would have gotten the TL with Navi if they would have come down to the price I have seen on this forum but they were sticking to only $1200 off and were keeping all of the holdback themselves. They were just a pain to deal with. That made the decision easy since the difference was only ~$5K and the A4 has quattro, a few features that the TL doesn't and includes all of the maintenance except tires until 50K miles.

I have had no problems with my A6 but one of my friends has a TL and has had the same problem with his steering twice. The first time after he had the car only 3 days. That gnawed at me enough to tilt me to the A4. That plus you can get

I'll post an update when I get the car next week. It's black on black and I decided to get the windows tinted 35%. Can't wait to see what it looks like. :D
  • Options
    newguy3newguy3 Member Posts: 4
    Talked to a salesman about ordering a 2006 Avant 3.2 today. He offered me $500 off the MSRP. I know that there's less wiggle room to negotiate when you're ordering...so is this a decent deal?
  • Options
    concrete1717concrete1717 Member Posts: 29
    Might one way to determine a decent deal is to obtain bids from at least two dealers?
  • Options
    wco81wco81 Member Posts: 590
    A dealer out here is advertising a 2005.5 A4 for $395 plus tax and license a month with $1500 drive off, which includes a $550 security deposit. 24-month lease

This is the only info. they would give me by email:

"The vehicle is an automatic, quattro silver on platinum gray.
    It has premium, cold weather and 17"wheels.
    The drive off includes first months payment and DMV.
    The money factor is 00072.
    The ad ends tomorrow."

But they won't say what the MSRP or residual is.

Sounds similar to the Audi ad, which has $349 and $369 leases but those are with drive offs over $3100. Again, 24-month lease.

So it looks like the dealer is piggy-backing on these, taking less upfront but adding to the monthly payment.

Still, $1500 drive off and $400 plus tax for 2-years sounds good for a Quattro with Premium, doesn't it?
  • Options
    grayaudisgrayaudis Member Posts: 2
    Hey Everyone!

Just ordered a new 2005.5 Audi 2.0T CVT today (Quartz metallic with gray leather). I optioned for: premium, lighting package, sports package, Bose with XM satellite, and headlight washers. With $3,400.00 down (which includes 1st month and $400 deposit) for a 24 month lease my monthly payment for 15K a year lease came out to $420 even/per month. The residual on the car is 23,664 (a 67% residual). Total price on the car was 33,530.32 which includes the $500 cost of the Audi Finance buy down on the money factor (which brought the money factor from 0.00135 to 0.00072). Any thoughts? Is this a good deal or fairly standard for Southern California? Has any one else paid for a buy down on their lease's money factor? Is that standard practice? I'd appreciate the feedback from others who've recently leased the 2005.5. Thanks!
  • Options
    Was the $3400 (or the amount not including 1st & deposit) a "capitalized cost reduction" or "multiple security deposits"? If it was the former, then you broke one of the old leasing rules: "Thou shalt never make a cap cost reduction or risk losing all of it in the event the vehicle is lost or stolen".

If it was the latter, than it may pay off in the long run, assuming you get all of the deposit back. The question is, will you save more over the course of the lease with the lower payment than you would if you invested the money and went with the higher payment. Based on you money factors, you went from the equivalent of 3.24 APR to 1.728 APR. Pretty low, IMHO.
  • Options
    roverhaterroverhater Member Posts: 10
    Have any of you turned in an Audi lease for another Audi lease? I have had to drive a lot of extra miles, and do not see it ending soon. I have had friends lease other brand cars and if they turned in a car that was over the mileage allotment they did not make them pay the mileage as long as they leased again.

Any of you have any similar experiences with Audi?
  • Options
    I did. Twice. However, I was way UNDER the mileage allotment. I think what you referring to is known as a lease pull-ahead. Typically, this allows leasors to return their cars a couple of months early without penalty if they agree to lease another, say Audi. GM does this quite a bit to boost new cars sales. I haven't heard it being done with excess mileage penalties though, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

If you are way, way over on miles, you may want to consider buying the car to avoid penalties. It might be a cheaper option. Looking forward, if you are planning on driving more than 15k miles per year, leasing is NOT for you.
  • Options
    roverhaterroverhater Member Posts: 10
    Its to late. I took a new position two weeks after I leased my car. Might be as much as 10,000 miles over per year, 30k x .25= ouch.
  • Options
    jonnyz1245jonnyz1245 Member Posts: 13
    I am ready to go buy an 2005.5 A4 or A4 Avant..

I am a bit confused by all the different pricing configurations I am finding.

ie. we have the Edmunds TMV which on these things seems to be $300 under sticker. Then we have the Cars.direct which is $500-800 over invoice. Next we have Coscto...this goes on and on. I have read on the net that the dealer I am looking at( 1 of 2 in my state) is not friendly to negotiations and prefers sticker since they are the only game in town...

so, if this dealer has 40+ A4's on the lot at any given time and 30 of them have been there over 30 days( I printed out the stock and VIN's from there website) wouldn't it make sense that this dealer would be open to a fair offer from me over the net or the phone?

the way I see it is no nobodys time is wasted, the dealer makes a fair profit and they move a car that has been on the lot for 30+ days...

if they are holding to MSRP with that kind of inventory, it makes not sense to me!
  • Options
    tremainetremaine Member Posts: 7
    I am certainly not a pricing guru, but what I used as a basis for comparison is what others on internet forums were paying. The common price that I found most people were paying for A4s was around $1000 over invoice. This is only about 2.5% over my invoice price, which I thought was a fair deal. I emailed my contact at the local Audi dealer and told him I wanted a 2006 A4 at $1000 over invoice. He agreed. Negotiations were done and I had expected much more haggling. Some people might enjoy the haggle game and want to "win" by getting the dealer down even lower, but at the price this type of car sells for, you are only saving 1%, it isn't worth the hassle in my mind.

As for the pricing websites, I just take them with a grain of salt. I think TMV is way over in most cases. I believe Costco's standard is 5% over invoice ($750 in my case).

If your dealer is the only game in town, it might be cheaper to purchase somewhere out of state and get it shipped if your local guy wants MSRP, although I'm not sure...margins seem so slight on these cars.
  • Options
    timh2timh2 Member Posts: 2
    I really like the new 2005.5 2.0T A4 and was wondering how comfortable it is on
    long trips?
    Has anyone had any experience with Audi dealers in Dallas?

Thanks in advance
  • Options
    That looks like a decent deal...

If you want AWD, you can't go wrong with the A4..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    caoyijiancaoyijian Member Posts: 16
    I am frenquent visitor of this forum, but never posted. I just leased my 2005 A4 2.0T and like to share my experience here.

Living in a hilly area of Long Island in NY, and commuting about 25 miles to work, I was looking for an all-wheel drive sports sedan with good gas mileage and good ride for about 3 months. I looked at BMW 325xi, M-B C240, Volvo S60 T and Audi A4 2.0T. Here are the comparison I made:

BMW 325xi: great drive, noisy, no room for price, not good selection, expensive.
    M-B C240: less sporty drive, noisy, option expensive, good selection,but a lot room in price.
    Volvo S60: Smooth drive (no sporty), quite, option expensive, good selection,great pricing and leasing deals.
    Audi A4 2.0: Great drive, noisy, nice interior, no much room for price, OK selection

Factoring all the pro and cons, I lean towards A4 and S60. S60 has great deal in price, some of them even priced below invoice. The saleperson was very aggresive to offer deals. But I can't refuse the feel of A4. But all the local dealers in LI were very tough to deal, the best offer I got was $800 off the MSRP. So I made a request through carsdirect, got a message from a dealership in CT. It turns out that this dealership is the largest Audi dealer in probably northeast. It has great selections. The deal:
    2005 A4 2.0T Quattro
    6 Speed Manual
    Silver/Black
    Primum Package
    Cold Weather Package
    MSRP:$33620
    Price Offered:$31900
    Final Price:$31580
    No money down, all fees and taxs are included in the monthly payment.
    36 Month lease with 15K: $498 /month
    Yesterday I went to picked up the car in Greenwich in CT. I stayed for about half hour, and chat with the salesperson, paid my first payment and drove away.

This has been by far the best car buying experince I have ever had.
  • Options
    hintzhintz Member Posts: 71
    I got a letter today from a local Audi dealer that they are offering employee pricing on all AUDI'S this fri/sat. Sounds to good to be true? mmm, might have to check it out. Anyone else receive a similiar mailing?
  • Options
    travantravan Member Posts: 8
    How much of a price increase is there between the 2005.5 and 2006? If they put the heated seats; folding and dimming mirrors and 17 inch wheels in Premium package, how much will that go up?

Trying to decide to order a 2005.5 or 2006. I have never ordered the next year car at the dealership (e.g. 2006) before. Has anyone else done this recently? If you order the 2006, how does one know if they are getting a fair deal?
  • Options
    tremainetremaine Member Posts: 7
    I ordered a couple of weeks ago. Any order that goes in now is for a 2006. If you want a 2005.5 you will have to find one on a lot.

As far as the deal goes, the prices and order forms are now available from your dealer. I got mine for $1000 over invoice, but you might be able to haggle down a bit lower. It was a piece of cake. Just went in with my specs and they place the order and confirm it. A small deposit is required. They certainly want to try and get rid of the 05.5's right now, so if you are looking for a deal and not too picky this might be the way to go. However, I didn't want to pay for a car with options or color that I don't want. Also, I didn't like that people are going to start getting 06s any day now and my 05.5 would be considered last years model. I wanted to keep as much resale value as possible when I drove my car off the lot.

You must order the Sunroof package, which includes leather interior for $1274 invoice, in order to get the Premium package which is $1684 invoice. My base price only went up around $250. I also got the S-Line package, which includes all S-Line exterior trim, steering wheel with paddle shifters, brushed aluminum trim inside, and 18-inch GmbH wheels with 235/40 tires, at $2730 invoice. There is a Technology package which includes Bluetooth, the lighting system, and driver seat memory, for around $1400 (I didn't get this). The Audio and Nav packages are unchanged from the 05.5 models.

There were a couple of changes on paint options. Of course, still the extra charge for metallic and pearl effect paints, but also Ocean Blue, Dolphin Gray, Dakar Beige, and Liquid Blue are only available on sold orders and have an additional premium for these, which I believe was around $750 (I didn't get one of these colors), The standard colors are Black, White, Red, Quartz, Moro Blue, and Silver.
  • Options
    byronwalterbyronwalter Member Posts: 220
    ..an '06 A4 2.0t. I skipped the S-Line bits and went with the sports suspension. Over the past few months I've driven several very nice cars but went with another A4 due to the total package (including my dealer experience). Did the deal over the phone and, since I've purchased previously with this dealer, no money down and $1000 over invoice.

Have to confess, I almost went for an E90 330i BMW but here in NE Ohio the AWD does help!

Byron
  • Options
    pieman1pieman1 Member Posts: 5
    I have one question...I am going to be taking advantage of the 2005+ lease for 369 for 24 months...I have never leased a vehicle before. Could I buy rims and tires for the car as long as I return the old ones when I turn in my car for the lease end?
  • Options
    Yes.... you can do anything you want to the car... as long as you don't damage it... and return it in the original condition...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    snapjacksnapjack Member Posts: 4
    Picked it up Friday, did the deal over the phone with a dealer twice as far, 55 miles, as the one I USE to deal with. Sticker was 39,695.00 I leased based on $37,084.00. 36 MO - 15K - No money down = $537/MO so far so good.
  • Options
    mpassmpass Member Posts: 17
    Here in DC we have a local offer for $329/mo for 36 mos. on an 05 A4, 6sp, premium pkg, metallic paint with 2k down. This seeems much lower that what others are posting - what am I missing?
  • Options
    Is that a leftover 2005 1.8T model?

Perhaps that would account for the discrepancy in price...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    wco81wco81 Member Posts: 590
    Almost $40k sticker for a 4 cylinder car?

Audi has a lot of gall.
  • Options
    mpassmpass Member Posts: 17
    no, it's a 05.5 2.0T. still a good deal?