Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    tinatinatinatina Member Posts: 388
    Thanks torr310,

I kind of figured that I was a bit too low. I would wait. There are at least two others who received quotes of $19,700 for the LX - SE w/automatic.
  • Options
    dmamsquareddmamsquared Member Posts: 19
    tandy:
    Share your quotes please from both dealers. I need to get a feel for the deal. I'm in 30,400 ballpark OTD. Extras incl.
  • Options
    We keep our Hondas. They're workhorses and the educated consumer realizes that. We also load the cars with all the options. They are more marketable down the road. Case in point. My husband put 180K mi. on his '93 SE. One dealership offered us $500, which was an insult. They pretty much dared us to go try to get more. It wasn't a deal breaker because I never intended on trading it in. The car was clean, no accidents, all the extras, including Bose and a tow pkg, and the srvc file. The leather was in bad shape on the driver's side. I listed it on Craigslist for 2K OBO. It was sold the next morning for $1800!
    We also owned a '89 Civic. We let that go in a trade 2 years ago. It had 265K miles on it. At that point it didn't matter what it had on it!
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    The dealer offered you 500.00 because that's about what a wholesaler will pay for a 12 year old Honda with 180,000 miles. That is the kind of car a person is much better off selling themselves like you did.

The tow package doesn't help. These often will scare a potential buyer away out of fear the car was used to tow something it shouldn't have.

Good luck with your new one!
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Member Posts: 6
    This is the 4 cylinder. I got the car for almost a week already. I love it.
  • Options
    03lxv603lxv6 Member Posts: 130
    I was the odd ball when I bought 03 LX V6 in 2003. There is only one in the dealer upper lot and I think no one has ever test driven it, with only 5 miles registered. Nothing against EX-V6, just don't want to pay extra for leather and roof.
  • Options
    03lxv603lxv6 Member Posts: 130
    Better wait until next Spring if you can. When the new generation of Camry is out, it will be hard for Honda to hold on.
  • Options
    bigbert06bigbert06 Member Posts: 4
    Just closed on the above car in Mass...

MSRP $21525.00

Price Paid $18,800+$198 Doc fee= $18,998.00 out the door....(includes delivery)

About $400 under edmunds "invoice"....

Hope that helps......
  • Options
    tandy_13tandy_13 Member Posts: 43
    Base price of $24568 (which is invoice from Edmunds) from Open Road Honda and David Michael Honda (NJ) and also from Bayridge Honda (Brooklyn). $550 destination standard from all.
    Bayridge Honda has $45 doc, but they quoted $300 odd for NJ DMV fee.
    Open Road has $199 doc fee. Don't know what they will quote for DMV fee.
    OTD with NJ sales tax of 6% was 27 K for 2006 EX V6
    David Michael Honda has $139 doc fee, again don't know what they charge for DMV fee.
    As I understand from NJ DMV website the title and registration shouldn't exceed $100 max (even with one lien).
    PT.
  • Options
    fastfredfastfred Member Posts: 31
    I must be confused. I looked at edmunds and got the following data:

2006 Accord EXV6 Auto/NAVI MSRP 29300 Dest 550 Total 29,850
    Invoice 26385 Dest 550 Total 26,935

Are we talking about the same car?

Do I understand you correctly that this car can be bought for 24568 + 550+ 199= 25317 + tax and DMV.

???????????????
  • Options
    gooddrivergooddriver Member Posts: 6
    May I ask which dealer in Mass you purchased you car?
  • Options
    torr310torr310 Member Posts: 41
    Does anyone know what is the current interest rate to buy the Accord?
    Thank you.
  • Options
    tandy_13tandy_13 Member Posts: 43
    2006 EX V6 automatic. No Navigation.
    PT.
  • Options
    Depends on your lender and your credit score. No special financing from Honda at this time.
  • Options
    kriyakriya Member Posts: 10
    I test drove a used '01 EX Accord V6 y'day, with 41454 miles on it.Its fully loaded. This was at a Honda dealership. Initial inspection of the vehicle showed that it was in good shape. The carfax report is clean. The asking price on it is $14995. It was a Honda certified car for a year before it went back up on sale. The car though has been sitting at the dealership for a year now (according to carfax). I have not got it inspected at a mechanic as yet.
    Being a first time buyer, I am not sure if this is something to be worried about... that it wasn't sold for a while.
    I love the car, but need some input on whether it is a good deal? (price is around $250 over edmunds appraisal.)
  • Options
    Premier credit doing biz at Honda can expect 5.9% . If in fact you do have premier credit, go into the deal saying that you will find your own financing. They want you to take out a loan with them, so they will compete for that business too! I had some time (still do) so got a quote from state farm, again, top tier credit at 5.2%. Others may come in the middle. They may want to deduct the payment from your checking account, like Capital One. If you don't, then they offer 5.85.
  • Options
    We're still in limbo. Can't find a loaded desert mist to save ourselves. Found a dealer in Newark DE thru internet. Hint: used Wilmington zip. The rep is very nice, very low key, a cut to the chase kind of person. He's not interested in quibbling over the small stuff; he's not interested in getting a down payment. He said he would work to get the car. He didn't want any money from me until it was on his turf. That was refreshing. He asked what I wanted on the car and he asked what numbers have been crunched already. He didn't get tripped up in semantics by defining terms like "after-market". Like I give a hoot! He is trying to do a swap as I write this, we have a 50-50 chance. In the meantime, my Fairfax VA contact has been off. I expect to hear from him on the status of the one coming into Baltimore very soon. I am not getting my hopes up.
  • Options
    Boch Honda...go to their Inventory page and make them an online offer modestly above the invoice price they are showing on the screen (which is a base price without destination invoice) .....
  • Options
    sorrento1sorrento1 Member Posts: 1
    badoy - what is the name of your Honda dealer in SoCal?

Thanks.
  • Options
    sepasepa Member Posts: 41
    Looking to buy 2006 EX-L automatic 4 door sedan wihout NAV. Edmunds invoice is $22,496 plus destination of $550 = $23,046 (MSRP including destination is $25,500.

Located in Phila suburb and willing to travel a bit for a good deal (traveled to Bianchi Honda in Erie to buy an '05 Odyssey).

Any suggestions on dealers to try and/or price I should try to get? From posts on the board here, seems like I should shoot for invoice or slightly below (that is, around 23,000 plus taxes and title and fees).

Thanks.
  • Options
    Pretty lofty goal for a popular car that we currently have NONE in stock!

Can't hurt to try, I suppose...
  • Options
    badoybadoy Member Posts: 6
    sorrento1,
    Hey--we bought the car from Spirit Honda in El Monte,CA.They used to be Nelson Honda.
    Good luck and let us know how you did.
  • Options
    "Better wait until next Spring if you can. When the new generation of Camry is out, it will be hard for Honda to hold on. "

That's true... I was gonna to wait till the year end sale though. Thank you for the advise.
  • Options
    "" Just closed on the above car in Mass...
    MSRP $21525.00
    Price Paid $18,800+$198 Doc fee= $18,998.00 out the door....(includes delivery)
    ""

That is just too cheap to believe... wow!
  • Options
    Thank you for providing this information. The interest rate is too high, and I think I might change my mind and get a Camry. It has 2.9% - 3.9%, depends on the period.
  • Options
    jetdrivenjetdriven Member Posts: 18
    well you can shop and get an 03 accord ex-v6 for about 17000. It is a much improved car as it has 240HP and it is larger, etc. I'd try to get the 01 for 13 or less.
  • Options
    isell - I'm in no hurry, could do a deal when best suits the dealer (e.g., end of month, end of year), and the car could be ordered. Also, from the posts on the forum, it seems a number of buyers and dealers are doing deals at pretty close to invoice (and some even equal to or slightly below).
  • Options
    Just don't take everything you read on the internet as gospel.
  • Options
    Spoken like a true salesman....I thought the point of the forum was to share information so we can all try to find the bottom ....

The car is in my driveway, that is what I paid...I also shopped aggressively several dealers and put many months doing my homework....Four of the dealers told me to pound sand but one wanted to sell the car.

Go to open road and they will also quote you $18,250 on this car plus delivery of $550= $18,800, then they add doc fees and a bunch of other misc fees...I simply took the $18,800 price and asked various local dealers to match it......

It's all timing...My sense is there is some first month of the model year incentive to hit a volume target...

Feel free to pay more.....clearly the dealer still made money with holdbacks and other incentives....Have fun shopping
  • Options
    qdzhangqdzhang Member Posts: 1
    Does this price include tax? If not include tax, $18,998.00 is not OUT THE DOOR price.
  • Options
    bamacarbamacar Member Posts: 749
    Tax is not relevant unless you happen to live in the same place as this buyer does. It would be "OUT THE DOOR" to anyone outside MA as they would pay tax in their own locality. They also said the amount below invoice; no additional information is required to understand the deal they received.
  • Options
    bigbert - What is "open road" ?
  • Options
    blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    sepa,

It's the name of a New Jersey Honda dealership.

http://www.openroadhonda.com/index.php
  • Options
    econnecteconnect Member Posts: 2
    What is the decent pricing for the 2005 Accord EXL V6 AT+Navigation+Leather ?
    22K or 23K or 24K (including destination) in Tri-State area (CT, NY, NJ)
    can anyone tell me what is the good steal amount for this car?
  • Options
    allfiredupallfiredup Member Posts: 736
    isellhondas- I'm considering a VP model Accord and would like a manual transmission. All I can find so far are automatics. Does the manual VP only exist on paper or have you seen some? Thanks.
  • Options
    Honda does not make VP Accords with a five speed.

At this point, I don't know if Honda is dropping the DX's or not. As slow as they sell, it wouldn't bother me if they did.

In ten years, I MAY have sold two DX Accord 5 speeds.
  • Options
    nayyernayyer Member Posts: 4
    price paid 24250 +ttl and doc fee of 55$ i live in chicago if you guys want my deal let me know ... i think i did good below invoice
  • Options
    bbtacobbtaco Member Posts: 15
    isellhondas, Why does Honda list the VP Accords as available with five speeds. If they are not available? :confuse:
  • Options
    thanks, blane (and bigbert).
  • Options
    bamacarbamacar Member Posts: 749
    In 2005 there were no manuals; in 2006 a manual VP is available. The DX is no more for 2006.
  • Options
    stripe1stripe1 Member Posts: 72
    I got a price of $600 over invoice on a 2006 Acura TL. I also got a great price for a 2006 Accord Sdn EX V6 of $24,650. (includes destination) They are both beautiful vehicles, and I'm having a hard time deciding. Can any one who had experience with both vehicles help me to decide, even if it's a positive or negative. One negative is that the Acura uses hi-test gas.

Thanks... :confuse:
  • Options
    tom477tom477 Member Posts: 42
    Give me the name of the dealer and where it's located..spent over an hour on Columbus day looking for a 2006 accord lx 4 dr with at..was told window sticker!!! This was at the #1 Honda dealer in volume sales!! and I and many friends have purchased there in the past..it was , (if I remember correctly) 20,525 or 21,525..then you still had to pay tax..also told me they don't use Kelley blue book for trade ins! Kelley blue book is on Honda's web site! What a bunch of bs! If the price is right..hell, I'll go for the ex! Don't care about leather
  • Options
    ps_bindraps_bindra Member Posts: 5
    Hi all,

I am not sure what others are paying for the '05 Accord V6s. I recently picked up a 2005 Accord V6 EX (with NAVIGATION) from Open Road Honda in Edison. Since I knew the sales manager there from a previous sale that a colleague of mine made, it was rather easy to get to the bottom line price. I was given the FINAL price of $24,950 (including Destination). I did a lot of comparing against the '06 similarly equipped, but I did not feel the need to spend the extra $2k or so just to get a car with revised tail-lights...

I was wondering if anyone could guide me what they are paying for similar equipped 2005s. What are people paying for the '05s?

Thanks,

Sumit
  • Options
    Stripe - Your price on the Accord EX V6 (automatic?) is super; if automatic transmission, it is about $470 below dealer invoice.

I am in the NW suburbs of Phila. and I think you are near Phila, based on another one of your posts. Which dealer (or what town is it in) gave you the great Accord quote?

I am looking for an '06 Accord EX-L, so would appreciate the info. Thanks.
  • Options
    lausylausy Member Posts: 14
    It is College Park Honda. I got the quote via internet quote and it was actually 19228plus freight plus TTL. I went there today but they didn't have the color I wanted, only red, and desert mist in stock. Not sure if I like dealing with their current internet sales, promised me the color I wanted was in stock but when I showed up, there was none. There is supposed to be one arriving in a week, and I'm expecting them to honor the quote.
  • Options
    EXL 4D AT V6 Navi 30,000 out the door. Inc. stripe, trunk mat, mud guards, and all-weather mats (4). This is for NJ tax, tags, destination, etc. Newark, DE. cars direct quoted 29,975.68 with no extras.
  • Options
    capt41470capt41470 Member Posts: 38
    Heyy guys
    i have a quote on an 06 accord coupe EX V6 auto from open road in NJ. The quote is 24,408 which I feel is very good considering the lowest quote i have recieved so far is 25,207 My question is has anyone here on this form purchased a honda from open road, and do they really have such good quotes as this one? I would just like to make sure before I take a 2 hour drive.
    Also if anyone has purchased an 06 accord coupe Ex v6, i'd like to hear about your buying experiences. Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    cars7cars7 Member Posts: 24
    PLEASE LMK THE NAME OF THE DEALER IN YOUR AREA THANKS
  • Options
    allfiredupallfiredup Member Posts: 736
    Edmunds and the Honda website show a 5-speed manual on '06 VP Accords. I've also been quoted a price on one, the dealer just said it would be 3-4 weeks before it arrived in silver, the color I want.
  • Options
    skifiendskifiend Member Posts: 11
    Just picked up the 2005 LX manual sedan in Minneapolis for $17,467 before tax. Graphite pearl. At first dealers were quoting me $18,500 but then I called around, found this price in Wisconsin, and had the Minneapolis dealer match it.

A good deal?