Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    smicasmica Member Posts: 4
    Any recent purchasing of 06 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A) in Alabama or neighboring states, please share. Thank.
  • Options
    sdiver68sdiver68 Member Posts: 125
    Midway,

So you bought an '06 at $1000 BELOW invoice? Interesting....may be worth the drive to Chicago from St. Louis to save $1400 bucks!
  • Options
    moemoemoemoe Member Posts: 11
    When is the 06 Accord Hybrid going to available?
  • Options
    midwayfivemidwayfive Member Posts: 5
    Yes, got the car for $23,995. This dealer each weekend has a full page ad in the Chicago Tribune stating that they have 06' EX V6's for $23,9xx and sometimes they show those with Navi appx $1,800 more. Again - I was very pleased with the purchase - but my trip was much shorter to test the waters....as far as I know, they only have 1 car to sell this way for the weekend and if any BBB investigation would take place - they could point to my sale as validation to their ad.
  • Options
    windywoowindywoo Member Posts: 10
    I am going to purchase a EX-V6 on Wednesday. It just came in on Sat. I paid a deposit to reserve the Carbon Bronze Pearl/Ivory a few weeks ago. I asked that the vehicle not be shown or driven. The salesperson stated there would a total of 14 to 15 miles on the car for inspection purposes. Does this sound normal? Also, I paid an OTD price of $26629.00. After reading the various post, I feel my price is somewhat high. In my area, this was the lowest price of approximately eight internet quotes. What are your thoughts on both the mileage and price?
  • Options
    mldj98mldj98 Member Posts: 378
    Hard to say on the price....where are you located?
    What type of fees does the dealer charge? what is your tax rate % ? OTD numbers are hard to say since fees differ all over the country.
  • Options
    hotch41hotch41 Member Posts: 61
    I got a quote over the weekend of $300 over invoice ($23,441 sale price). I'm interested in this car because my 2005 LX V6 doesn't have the Vehicle Stability Assist (I should have waited for the '06). Anyway, the dealer is allowing $18,500 for my trade (I guess about right) that has 7,200 miles on it. Drive out is owing a difference of $5,491 with fees and tax. I would like to get the car since my 2005 is paid off and the '06 has the VSA. I'm debating if spending this extra money is worth it or I can probably get a loaded '06 Sonata for $2500 less than the '06 Accord. I went on an Electronice Stability Control website that had video scenarios with cars with ESC turned on and off. It made a believer out of me. Thank you.
  • Options
    backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    The price seems too high, because you qualify for at least $2000 in rebates on this car: $1000 general rebate and $1000 loyalty rebate. Thus the sale price should be $21,441 plus tax & fees. Is this in fact what the dealer is offering, or am I missing something?
  • Options
    hotch41hotch41 Member Posts: 61
    Sorry for the confusion. What I meant that with the Sonata rebates and trading in my car (a Hyundai dealer offered about $20,700 for a loaded LX), I would owe a difference of around $3,000 after fees and tax. The decision is paying $5,491 for the proven '06 Accord LX V6 or paying around $3,000 drive out for the Sonata, thus the $2,500 difference. The only reason I'm hesitant with the Sonata is that I felt it had just a bit less legroom than the Accord. Thanks for your thoughts!
  • Options
    duddukuriduddukuri Member Posts: 2
    can anybody please tell the best out door price you paid for 2006 Accord EX 4 cyl Auto Navigation in New jersey(Edison) and also the good dealers in this area.
  • Options
    drnick5drnick5 Member Posts: 27
    well up here in RI I paid 24,800 for this car (same car but in a 5 speed manual) so figuring that auto ads 800 bucks to the price I'd imagien your in the 25,500 range (I also added a rear wing spoiler so I'm accounting for you not having that) now it depends on the dealers fees and also the tax rate in NJ (in RI it's 7%, ouch)so I'm looking at out the door for mine 26,736 or so. I'm leasing it so taxes are paid monthly so it's not too big of a deal.
  • Options
    tawneycattawneycat Member Posts: 114
    Looks like EX V-6 is about $25,000 all day long most places
    05 HAH $26500 due to $1200 incentive on them.

Lots of Accords stacking up on dealer lots....
  • Options
    dave_f_ndave_f_n Member Posts: 8
    Just put a deposit on a 2006 Accord Sedan EX 4 cyl Leather Auto. The OTD in CT was $25000.00 details... Base+Destination+Tax+Title+Convenience Fee = $25000.00 :)
  • Options
    sepasepa Member Posts: 41
    Outside Phila., am picking up 11/18 for $23,000 + 6% PA tax ($1,380) + tags ($120) = $24,500, with all-season mats thrown in. Graphite Pearl. The quote was an "internet quote," supposedly available only if requested online (whatever).

Could have gotten it about $200 cheaper at Chambers in Seekonk, MA.
  • Options
    boe_dboe_d Member Posts: 66
    I would definitely be curious what people are paying for the 06 accord with navi.
  • Options
    elpablo123elpablo123 Member Posts: 14
    $17880 is what I got including destination charge. Plus document fees ($99) and another fee($25), it ended at $18010. I hope this is a good deal, it was supposed to be 1% over invoice, but adding the numbers, there are about $32 unaccounted for. Anyway I'm still happy.

But I have a question, the only thing that bothers me from the VP (Value Pack) is that it has only 2 speakers, the only speakers available are the ones on the front. The grids on the side and the back have basically just the holes (no speakers). I took it today to Circuit City to install 4 more speakers but they said they couldn't do it because there is no wiring and some other problem related to not being able to install the speakers in those holes.

Does anybody know any solution to this? Is there any way I can install the other speakers? How much it may cost me? Would have been better to get the LX with 6 speakers and pay 2K more to avoid this problem? Any help I will appreciate.
  • Options
    cynthiatsaicynthiatsai Member Posts: 2
    $17200 including destination charge, plus fees of document($45),TAX and DMV. I got it from Honda World Downey. They rejected $17000 but accepted my "take it or leave it" $17200 offer! They are very straightforward and honest guys. No game playing at all!

I originally thought of 2005 Accord LX as Buena Park Honda had it in stock and they sounded very nice and patiently as well. But I am happy with the VP now!!
  • Options
    cynthiatsai,

How did you get that price for an automatic? Does that means that they are selling for below invoice? I got my price for an automatic, which has an invoice price listed at $17132 + $550 (destination charge). I think I payed about $600 more than you.
  • Options
    d2mvbd2mvb Member Posts: 2
    Automatic Car: 18059 +550 desitination + TTL + 5% TAX + 49 deal processing . Almost 700 lower than the invoice price edmunds provided.

Are they really paying honda for that invoice price?
  • Options
    cynthiatsaicynthiatsai Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I too don't quite understand why they sold me under invoice plus no incentives. However, Cerritos, Long Beach and Downey all offered me a price below invoice. Originally, I was shopping for Corolla LE, changed my mind to Accord in the last minute. It only cost $2.2K more than the lowest Corolla LE quote I got.
  • Options
    ajax2ajax2 Member Posts: 6
    Hello,

I have a rather general question regarding a new Accord LX I recently purchased and the sales tax that would be applicable. I live in NY (Westchester County).

Is the sales tax on cars EXACTLY the same as it would be on any new taxable item purchased in a department store for example?

The reason I ask this is because I think my dealer has calculated almost 1% higher sales tax rate than the rate I found for my county on the NY sales tax website.

Would greatly appreciate any help regarding how to confirm the true sales tax that should be calculated for an new car and if I deserve a refund, how to go about it?

Thanks,
    Ajax2
  • Options
    ajax - Don't live in NY but go to the NY DMV website - link below to several DMV offices in Westchester Co. - and call and ask them what rate you should have paid.

http://www.nysdmv.com/sthruz.htm
  • Options
    If you consider that I'm in Ohio, and these cars are built in Ohio, maybe I should get a better price...
  • Options
    tawneycattawneycat Member Posts: 114
    I am seeing below invoice lots of places and can only think that Honda has incentives going or why dip into holdback so willingly?
  • Options
    sb55sb55 Member Posts: 616
    I am in Westchester also.
    Tax rate is where you actually live. Most of the county is 7-3/8%, but Mt. Vernon, White Plains, New Rochelle and Yonkers have higher rates.
    My wife is looking for an '06 EX coupe with leather and A/T. Is that also invoice or below?

2021 Toyota Venza Limited Hybrid, 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi, 2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata PRHT

• Options
    eoghankeoghank Member Posts: 1
    I'm outside Boston and also got offered below invoice, 25100 for an Accord Coupe EX V6 Leather Auto without navi and before tax.
  • Options
    heejomanheejoman Member Posts: 33
    I'm in a market for Honda Accord in North Texas area.

Did some internet searches and saw some dealers still have 2005 models.

Honda Cars of McKinney had 4 (2 hybrids), Lute Riley had 0, but John Eagle of Dallas had 20.

I believe John Eagle is smaller than the other dealers.

Having 20 2005 Accords, does it say people are not buying from that dealer? (i.e. too proud to give customers discount, poor customer service?)

I don't know it just seemed odd that it's Thanksgiving week and still all that inventory.

Oh, one more thing, based upon same Accord trim line, how much more discount one could expect on the new (remaining) 2005 vs 2006?

Thanks.
  • Options
    ajaykajayk Member Posts: 2
    I am making a decision in 24 hours to buy either LX V6 without leather or EX V6. Best Internet price I have received for LX V6 is $23,141 and EX V6 is $25,317. Does these prices sound right or am i paying more?

Also, I own another honda oddyssy. Do I qualify for discount/rebate for honda loyalty program. (I am not trading it).

I live in Dutchess county, update NY area.
  • Options
    wlee8wlee8 Member Posts: 7
    Hello Car Man,

Could you please advise as I am trying to figure out how to calculate the cost of a lease, but i am getting confuse on edmunds' site on step 5:

"Step 5: Determine Interest Charges

To determine the interest portion of your monthly lease payment add your vehicle's capitalized cost and its residual value and then multiply the result times your bank's lease money factor."

With the assumption of 26,064 selling price and the mspr of 29,500, could you please provide the money factor as I am using an example of 5.5% --0.00229166 (MF) with a residual of 54% 36 months.

At zero down, the cap is 26,064 + (residual)15,930 = 41,994* 0.00229166= 96.23 (interest)

So in this the selling price - residual (26,064-15,930)=10134/36 =281.50 principal

Lease payment excluding tax is 281.50+96.23=377.70.

Edmunds lease calculator is 428.76

Please advise what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

I got an internet offer for 26,064 06 EX v6 with navi. I don't know how true this price is, but if it is do you think it is a good deal. I have not deceided to lease or buy.

Regards,
  • Options
    txlsuangeltxlsuangel Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I am not sure where to post this, but I was told that my question might should be posted here, and I apologize if it is incorrectly posted. My question is generally out of curiosity...

I recently purchased an '06 Accord Coupe V-6 6spd MT w/navi - (graphite pearl) Anyway, the dealer said this combo. was very rare and there are only 3 in my state (Texas). The rear has the "V-6" in RED under "Accord"; both are on the left side. It would be cool to have that, but I was just curious to see if he was pulling my leg.

I guess my queston is - how many of you have that combo, know people with that combo, or are going to get that combo.?
  • Options
    biraghibiraghi Member Posts: 1
    I am totally lost and hoping someone can help me. Does anyone know what kind of price I am looking at for a Honda Accord Ex (4 cy) with leather?? Thanks! I live in Brooklyn, NY. Also my dealership will discuss apr rates until I buy the car. I hate that because I would like to know what my payments will be before I buy the car
  • Options
    biraghi - I got many internet quotes on the '06 Accord Sedan EX-L 4 cyl automatic, ranging from $22,800 to $23,900 (prices included destination and doc fees, but before taxes and tags). I paid $23,000 to the local (Phila) dealer on 11/18/05.
  • Options
    12boutside12boutside Member Posts: 1
    Hi back,
    Not sure about the V-6 notation, but I test drove a V-6 MT 6 spd 4dr yesterday. This dealer said they are just starting to come in to VA dealers.
    Happy Driving, Mary
  • Options
    ezshift5ezshift5 Member Posts: 858
    ...FWIW........

...assuming the three variables,

1. Coupe
    2. Manual
    3. Satellite Navigation System

..we will attempt to see if your leg was being pulled.....

A. Coupes are probably less than 15% of Accord sales

B. The per cent of "shiftless" folk is at least 4 - 5 times those of us who are able or prefer to use a clutch.

C. Not sure about Navigation.....but at $2 grand........

Incidentally the RED means manual shift.....

all the best, ez.......

05 HA EX V-6 6M Coupe
    (former navigator, $2k saving for Crown Royal) :P
  • Options
    charmainecharmaine Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking to buy a 05 Accord EX V6 in the KCMO area. Has anyone received a decent price and if so where?
  • Options
    tandy_13tandy_13 Member Posts: 43
    Bought EX V6 for 24568 (before tax title and registration) from Bayridge Honda in Brooklyn NY. Generally a painless experience. Car is great. Have put about 1400 miles on it and getting an average of about 27 (mostly highway).
    Go for the EX! Much better ride.
    PT.
  • Options
    txs_yankeetxs_yankee Member Posts: 3
    these 2 questions are directed to isellhondas or any one else who is knowlegeble about dealer policy.
    i have a friend in law who has agreed to give me a
    "good deal" on a new 06 accord
    queation 1.. can he really do better than any other
    negoteator?
    question 2..will he a appoint a sales person with a
    salery or one on commission
    thank you and forgive my spelling
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    I guess I don't have a good answer for you because I really don't understand.

Does this "friend in law" work for a dealer?

All salespeople work on commission.
  • Options
    txs_yankeetxs_yankee Member Posts: 3
    my brother in laws friend is the general manager for 3 dealerships.One is a Honda dealership. can he offer a better price than a floor salesman.
  • Options
    harrybush00harrybush00 Member Posts: 76
    I just got a quote from Honda of Oakland for an Accord V6 6MT w/ navi for $27,888. Any opinion on this, especially those of you in the Bay Area? Carsdirect.com shows $26,900, so I'm wondering if it gets any lower than that or if Oakland's quote is pretty standard. I was told from Honda of Oakland that they have this trim level in their inventory, whereas many of the other bay area Honda dealers' websites don't seem to have any or only one or two.

Also, has anyone bought a car through Carsdirect? It seems like for the most part, their prices are pretty good on a lot of the cars, but does carsdirect just sell their cars through the local dealers?
  • Options
    ezshift5ezshift5 Member Posts: 858
    Also, has anyone bought a car through Carsdirect?

....I used CarsDirect this past summer....

Rather painless. HA EX V-6 6M Coupe (sans NAV) was $23413 prior TTL.......

They have a "network" (CarsDirect lingo) of dealers with whom they work. I picked mine up in Pittsburg...sort of in the Bay Area (Back Bay, actually)

Only negative was the big EW push..........(which I later picked up online for about 1/3(dealer quote).......

all the best, ez
  • Options
    tarptarp Member Posts: 3
    I live in the Houston area and am looking for an 06 Accord V6 sedan with NAV. There are several dealerships in the area but I do not know which one to start with. Any experiences with Honda dealerships in the Houston area and what would I expect to pay for one? Thanks
  • Options
    I went last week to a Honda dealer to trade in my car for a new Accord Value Pack (VP, base model). I was surprised by all their tactics to get the most out of my money. I don't blame the salesperson because he was nice and helpful, but I think the sales manager went a little too far in his methods. I also have to say that after the deal was done, they were all nice guys and very helpful with all the process. I'm going to enumerate the things I consider bad tactics because they were just too many:

1) When I told them I wanted the Value Pack, the manager said that it had no power windows. That I better choose the LX or EX. That's not true.

2) When I came back next day he said that VP had no Cruise Control. I checked the car I wanted to buy and I noticed the cruise control was there.

3) When we were negotiating the price he showed me the invoice price, I said the invoice price I saw at edmunds.com was lower. When he noticed I was not accepting that price he showed me that there was about $200 marketing charge and accepted to remove it. Nothing bad about this part because I think dealers usually try to add these hidden charges without telling customers.

4) After negotiating the price for my trade in and the price of the Accord VP, he came with a blank page (where all the totals are calculated) for me to sign. I said I wanted to see the final numbers before I sign the page. I said I cannot sign a blank sheet for them later to add the totals. They accepted.

5) Then he came with the same sheet with a total amount higher than what we negotiated. I told them that we had to subtract the amount I get from my trade in. At this time the manager pretended to be exasperated with me, like if I was asking for too much. He said that he would do it later and refused to write it in the sheet. So I took the pen and had to do the subtraction in front of him and underlined the final amount. He accepted that amount.

6) At about 9:00 PM (they were already closed but there were still a few customers finalizing their deals), I was tired but happy when the manager brought the paper work describing my monthly payments. Let me say that I have very good credit (over 700), and the manager told me he was going to run my information with about 15 banks and get me the best deal. Not true, he got me financing with Honda. How can he run my information with 15 banks and come with a loan from honda financeing? Maybe I'm missing something here. Anyway he got me 6.6% interest which I consider too high but I still accepted. Maybe I should have got the loan with my credit union.

7) He showed my monthly payments at about $35 over what I estimated, and handed me a pen to sign. I asked me how can it be so high? Then he said I was getting the 7 years/100K miles warranty. When I insisted in how much it costed, he said $1600. He said if I don't take the warranty I'm taking a big risk if the car breaks. I asked him how can he tell me these are the best cars in the market and now he's telling me that I'm taking a big risk because they can break. Finnally he accepted to remove the warranty and I got the payment amount I wanted.

I remember at a Chevrolet dealer in 1998 I had a very good experience buying my chevy Malibu, I still remember the name of the Chevy sales person (Mike), I can't believe at Honda these guys gave me such a hard time.

After the negotiation, the manager and sales person were very nice and helpful.
  • Options
    goodegggoodegg Member Posts: 905
    You stuck to your guns and got what you wanted. The 15 bank thing is an overused thing. As a mortgage boker yes, I could "show" your loan to 30 lenders, but since I know which 1-3 are always the best for both you and me, why bother? I'm sure AHFC pays the dealer for placing loans with them. How much who knows. But 6.6% isn't bad. And you got the car you wanted. Sounds like you did OK.
  • Options
    wildestkabswildestkabs Member Posts: 13
    I don't quite like the look of the 06 Accord. Does not look aggressive at all. So I am sticking with the 05 Accord Hybrid with NAV. Unfortunately, none of the dealers here in AZ seem to have it. I spoke with lots of them and some of them even said there were no hybrid Accords even in the entire region. Finally, one of them told me that there were a few in another state and he could get them from there but I would have to pay for the shipping. I told him I was ok with it. I then asked him what kind of payment was I looking at and he told me that I was looking at the shipping + MSRP. I thought that was outrageous, coz with a 1 year old car, depreciation has to kick in and this guy was trying to sell it to me at MSRP!!

Anyway, we had an argument and this guy said that its a very popular car, but to be frank, if I had to buy a 2005 Accord Hybrid at close to 35K, I'd rather buy an 06 Acura TL 6 speed manual with NAV (much more luxury, better interior, more power). I mean there is no way I am going to be paying MSRP for a 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid, no matter how popular it is. We ended the conversation.

He then called me around 30 minutes afterwards and told me that an Accord hybrid just came in. On this Hybrid, he quoted invoice, and told me that he would get back in sometime with the exact price (I am still waiting for his call). Frankly speaking, I still believe invoice is a bit too high. Add to that sales tax and the other fees and I am still looking at around 32K or maybe even higher for an 05 Hybrid. Too much!! That almost puts it at par with the 06 Accord Hybrid.

Anyway, my question is: What should be an acceptable price for an 05 Accord Hybrid (with NAV), either new (unsold) or pre-owned?
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    I hate hearing stories like this but I know they happen.

I would have probably walked out.
  • Options
    toydatoyda Member Posts: 4
    Switching from Toyota to Honda. "Employee Pricing good till Tuesday" of $23,750 + 550 Dest.& dealer will locate my colors in a day for small deposit. Cannot travel hundreds of miles for best deal. Need to know if this is a DECENT deal or should I try for closer to invoice. First time dealing on my own.
  • Options
    drnick5drnick5 Member Posts: 27
    not sure on the exacts of your car.is your quote with navigation or not? to give you an idea, I ordered an EX-L 2006 sedan, 2.4 5 speed manual, with navigation and I paid 24,800 (with an added rear wing spoiler) including destination fee. now, just looking at your price of 23,750 + 550 for destination. your paying almost the same amount I am, if your car doesn't havea nav system, they can definetly go down at least another 1000-2000. good luck, hope this info helps
  • Options
    toydatoyda Member Posts: 4
    Thanks - no nav or spoiler. Will offer my price & see what happens.
  • Options
    johnv43johnv43 Member Posts: 9
    Yesterday, we purchased a 2006 Accord EX-V6 coupe, w/o Nav, from Honda of Lisle. After getting quotes over the phone from 3 other dealers in the Western suburbs, they matched the lowest quote, which was 24,700. The MSRP was 27,950. Very pleasant buying experience, all done over the phone.