Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    sepasepa Member Posts: 41
    suva - Try DCH Honda in Paramus. I just got a very favorable (close to invoice) quote on an 06 Accord Sedan EX-L from them via the internet.
  • Options
    hotch41hotch41 Member Posts: 61
    I am considering doing this as a dealer in my area offered to do this as a "wash" deal for the 06 Civic. All I'd be responsible for are doc and license plate fees. If I did this I'd give up 100 horsepower (go from 240hp to 140hp), eight-way power seat, 6-disc CD changer...but I'd gain a sunroof, alloy wheels, and most importantly, much better gas mileage. Would you believe my insurance would go up $73 annually? What do you all think?? Most of my driving will be around town, so in the long run, I may be better off with the Civic. I drove the Civic and I thought the driving position was more comfortable than the Accord, even felt like I had a little more legroom.

I haven't test driven the 06 Accord yet, but the only reason I'd consider the 06 Accord LX V6 is that is has the Electronic Stability Control (or as Honda calls it Vehicle Stability Assist). It's just a matter of wanting to spend $4K to trade my 05 Accord for this 06 Accord safety feature.

Your thoughts are always appreciated!
  • Options
    jluedejluede Member Posts: 33
    Try John Eagle in Houston. I bought an 05 Accord back in May for about $1500 below invoice. Based just on the initial quotes I got at the time they beat the other dealers in town easily. And I negotiated a few hundred dollars off of that price when I got to the dealership. I also purchased a certified used 2003 civic from them last year and was very happy with the price.

Good Luck
  • Options
    otis12otis12 Member Posts: 171
    I know about the $1200 dealer incentive on leftover 2005 Accords. Anyone know if Honda offers special finance rates on leftovers? Or the likelihood of any Veteran's Day special financing rate deals (I forget what Honda did last Vets Day). Thanks.
  • Options
    k2222k2222 Member Posts: 2
    thank you. I will check them out
  • Options
    godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    I already did and found their "quote" on a 2006 Accord EX-L to be no bargain!
  • Options
    hhofhhof Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone tell me what you paid for an 06 Accord SE in Southern California? Been to a handful of dealers and prices were all over the place... every one of them laughed at the price quote I showed from carsdirect (but don't want to buy online). p.s. Are all carsalesmen at Honda dealers jerks? This is the first time buying a NEW car and the salesmen were terrible. Any recommendations for dealers/decent salesperson? Thanks...
  • Options
    godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    What kind of price quote are you showing them? Here in Texas, at a "no haggle" dealer, you can get a 2006 Accord SE for $20,237. Imagine you could do better where you can "negotate"....good luck!
  • Options
    stripe1stripe1 Member Posts: 72
    Picked up my red beauty on Halloween night. Paid $24,618.00, which included destination. I added wheel locks, mud guards, wind guard over moon roof, and door edge guards. After agreeing on price for 2006 Accord, I then traded my 2004 Accord Sdn EX V6 painted white for $18,500. What Honda did for the 2006 Accords body style is beyond belief. Honda must had zillions of complaints on the rear styling of the 03 thru 05 Accords. I was one of them even though I bought one. I almost made the mistake of buying a 2006 Acura TL. I now have $7,000 extra in my bank account. The dealer where I bought the Accord is Sloane Honda in Philadelphia. :)
  • Options
    easmameasmam Member Posts: 1
    May I ask what dealer in MA? I am looking for similar vehicle. Thanks very much.
  • Options
    photonmanphotonman Member Posts: 2
    :) I'm looking to see what other have paid in the Chicago area for this vehicle. O'Hare Honda is quoting about $300 over invoice and that is the best I've gotten. Any recommendations for dealer as I am relatively new to the area. :shades:
  • Options
    louise56louise56 Member Posts: 21
    I had a great experience at Spirit Honda in El Monte using their internet department back in April. You can go online and email them to get a quote. Be sure to tell them the lowest quote you've got.
  • Options
    accordscoutaccordscout Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have a recommendation for a fair price in the Buffalo area?
  • Options
    bigrabbit1bigrabbit1 Member Posts: 4
    I am in DFW area and Bankston Honda quoted me $350 below invoice right away for 2006 Honda LX auto. That's the best deal I seen so far anywhere! Ask for Mel. He's a slick willie but will satisfy you at the end.
  • Options
    captpyrocaptpyro Member Posts: 1
    I live in the Milwaukee area and I just bought a 2006 EX-L sedan for 22,500. $3000 off sticker! It was from Russ Darrow Honda. Talk to the Internet Dept for this price.
  • Options
    drnick5drnick5 Member Posts: 27
    I ordered a 2006 accord EX-L 4cyl. manual tranny and navigation. NO ONE had this car so I had to order it. shoudl be comming in in a few weeks (being build nov. 16th) I got it down to 24,800 including a rear wing spoiler (installed) and destination charge. this was from Saccucci honda in Middletown RI. I'm pretty sure I could of gotten it lower if it wasn't a special order.

-Nick
  • Options
    mldj98mldj98 Member Posts: 378
    Just picked up my 06 Accord Sedan EX-V6 (non-navi)Auto, for $24.8K plus TTL. Pretty good deal considering I got what I wanted on my trade....and got the new one for under invoice! Had to wait a few extra days because we wanted the Graphite Pearl!!! Good luck to all!!!
  • Options
    bbtacobbtaco Member Posts: 15
    Last Saturday my wife and I purchased a new 06 LX SE Sedan auto with factory splash guards for $21,250 OTD. Mldj98, We also had to wait to an Accord in Graphite Pearl. :)
  • Options
    bigrabbit1bigrabbit1 Member Posts: 4
    that sounds like a good price. what was the price before TTL??
  • Options
    bbtacobbtaco Member Posts: 15
    $20,500,including dealer doc fees and the spash guards. We feel we made a good deal since we live in a rural community.I have seen lower prices on here from posters in large cities where there is more competition between the dealers. But in our case, the Honda Dealer we purchased our car from is 35 miles away. The next nearest dealer is another 15-20 miles farther. We could have gotten one in Silver for $250 less from the other dealer. It had been setting on their lot for 2-3 weeks and been test driven a few times. Silver was our second choice but we did not want the black interior. I have notice Honda now offers the gray interior in the Silver Accord. Since we were on top of the waiting list we got our Graphite pearl Accord right off the truck with only 4 miles on the odometer. :)
  • Options
    dave80dave80 Member Posts: 1
    I just wanted to see if anyone recently bought an Accord in the area, how much they paid, and which dealer they worked with.
  • Options
    desertmom99desertmom99 Member Posts: 19
    I don't know what the price is on the V6 Accord, but I have had excellent service and easy-to-negotiate experiences with Honda of Thousand Oaks. In fact, I have bought 3 vehicles through them. I only deal with one specific Sales Manager as I am not too fond of the other(s). Lea
  • Options
    babs44babs44 Member Posts: 3
    Looking on Long Island, New York for this car. Carsdirect has a price of $27,504. A dealer has quoted me $28,700. Any advice on what's the lowest price I can get this car for? Thanks!
  • Options
    tandy_13tandy_13 Member Posts: 43
    Does the 24,800 include destination of 550?
    Thanks.
    PT.
  • Options
    The price does include dest.
    I also got wheel locks, mud guards, door & wheel well edge guards and trunk tray....
  • Options
    normjnormj Member Posts: 4
    Didier, where did you buy for this price? Could you let me know which dealer it was? Thanks

Norm
  • Options
    tandy_13tandy_13 Member Posts: 43
    Fantastic deal. Good luck with the car.
    PT.
  • Options
    mikongmikong Member Posts: 2
    where did you buy for this price? Could you please let me know which dealer it was? Thanks
  • Options
    brianbbrianb Member Posts: 13
    Is this a good deal? I am in the Philadlephia area.

05' Accord LX AT 17,900 including destination.

Except for the styling and 6 extra horses am I missing anything by not going for the '06? Price is a major concern.

Thanks for all of your help.
  • Options
    vf154vf154 Member Posts: 12
    I am looking in the SF Bay Area and your price seems to compare with what I was offered on a
    05' Accord LX MT 4DR 4cyl $17,115 including destination.
    And, since yours is $800 more than mine it seems reasonable to me since yours is the automatic. But, I have yet to close the deal although I am about to make a deal.
  • Options
    Tampa Hondaland.....Florida Ave....
    In October they had a "Strive for Five" sale....trying to become the first dealer to sell 500 new cars in a month....
    They fell a little short though...final sales number....
    489....and mine was one of those deals....Good Luck!!!
  • Options
    thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    MSRP is 23,800...got 2,000 off of that at Neil Bonnett Honda in Birmingham, AL. How'd I do relatively on the purchase price? My parents actually bought it...they surprised me for my 18th birthday...replacing my 1996 Accord...Woo HOO!!
  • Options
    mikongmikong Member Posts: 2
    That was a sweet deal. Have you got the car yet? Any message about their recent promotion? Thanks
  • Options
    Yes I have the car.....picked it up last Friday....
    Car rides really smooth....and yes, it has plenty of power...I don't really take to much stock in any types of promotions Honda does...or the dealership for that matter...most of the time I just come in and offer a fair price and have not been turned away yet....the promotion they had in October was a typical one....I have bought from these guys before....so they know who I am, a well informed buyer....if you really want a good deal....wait until around July time frame...that's when the deals are flying....no matter what model of Honda's....just this last July they were running big deals as low as $1500 below invoice (on 05 Accords)....the only thing I can tell you is to do your homework, request as many quotes as possible (depending how far you are willing to travel), take the best three offers you have and go to work! If you offer a fair deal, most dealers will take it....some won't, but that's okay.....I have heard the word "NO" plenty of times...doesn't bother me...someone will say yes....and so that's how I got a great deal on my car!!!
    Good Luck!
  • Options
    j47j47 Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I decided to go with the Accrd V6 with nav. I was planning to get the Acura TL with nav but heard about two problems. One, many people have said that the Acura rattles under the hood and is very annoying. Secondly, the 06 Accord has the new advanced navigation system, which is not even in the Acura TL. Do you find a rattle problem in your Honda? I decided to switch over to the Accord V6 for the above two reasons.
  • Options
    drnick5drnick5 Member Posts: 27
    what is this "advanced navigation" you speak of. how is it different form teh one they had in the 05's and in the acuras?
  • Options
    mhattrupmhattrup Member Posts: 77
    Anybody got a dealer they want to recommend here in Washington? Or in the surrounding states? I'm looking at 2006 V-6 Coupes w/o NAVI. I have one Costco member price at $26,707. That's $1240 under MSRP but still $1500 over Invoice has anyone been able to get a substantially better price?
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Not true. both have double wishbone suspension. The VP lacks a rear stablizer bar. Most people wouldn't notice.
  • Options
    sdiver68sdiver68 Member Posts: 125
    I've been offered a lease which works outs to $25,500 price on an '06 Accord EX-V6 Sedan, or ~$400 over invoice. My concern at this point is the .00202 money factor, when I believe the base rate is .00192, so they may be making some there as well.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,383
    Are you making a security deposit? If not, that could account for the difference..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    rbell2rbell2 Member Posts: 180
    You got a great deal - YOU paid nothing! Yipeeee!! :shades:
  • Options
    mhattrupmhattrup Member Posts: 77
    I got another dealer quote from another part of the state for $750 over invoice on a V6 coupe. Have others gotten under that number?
  • Options
    sportscarloversportscarlover Member Posts: 1
    :confuse: I am looking to buy a 2006 Accord LX-SE sedan(auto.) in Dallas. The CarsDirect price on this is $20,028 (Incl. Dest. Charges), which is about $100 above invoice. Has anyone recently bought this car below the invoice from a DFW dealrship? If yes then I'd really appreciate if you can share your experience with me. Another question I've is about Dealer fees. In Central Florida (where I am originally from) a lot of dealers try to charge about $500 in the name of dealer fees. Does that work similarly in DFW/texas too or is it possible to avoid that?
  • Options
    sdiver68sdiver68 Member Posts: 125
    No, but I will if it cuts it down to the base rate. Since I already have a (business) car through Honda Finance, I assumed they would waive the sec deposit like Nissan will since I already have a car leased from them as well. thanks for the info yet again!
  • Options
    jluedejluede Member Posts: 33
    I believe in Texas, dealer "doc fees" are capped at $50. That's the only additional fee that I've been charged on any of the cars I've bought here.
  • Options
    midwayfivemidwayfive Member Posts: 5
    I purchased the 06'Accord EX V6, Carbon Bronze/Ivory Interior about 3 weeks ago from Grand Honda in Elmhurst, IL for $23,995 + standard TTL and standard $55.39 Doc Fee. I am extremely happy about the whole purchase and how painless the transaction was in terms of time and meeting my expectations.

Additional Details:

After emailing/phoning several local dealers to get their quotes and going on a 2nd visit to a local Honda dealer to try and "work out a deal" who was only 4 miles away on a Friday afternoon. I later walked out indicating that I had to see for myself if the pricing I was trying to hit was legit or if it was as they claimed - the car I wanted would be loaded with overpriced "dealer installed extras" i.e. spoilers, dealer kits, etc...and as such, the price I was seeking would not be available. After leaving, I called Grand Honda near their closing time to confirm that they had the 2 colors/interiors on their lot (willing to take the chance that they might have something more than I bargained for on them) and I showed up around 9:30 Saturday Morning, walked the lot with the rep and sure enough they had many EX V6's all with a different level of "extras" - however the Carbon Bronze EX V6 was pimped up the least - MSRP included dealer extras of the following : outside temp gage, pinstripes, and fenderwell trim.

I decided to go on another test drive to spend time with the rep - part to show my excitement in the vehicle, but also to ask general questions that might lead him to believe I was either going to finance and/or lease the vehicle vs. my actual intent of paying cash. (just in case that is a way they could roll the dice on giving me a low cash price and hope to make up part of the difference when financing) Back at the desk, he showed me some bogus financing figures on MSRP, of which I indicted I wouldn't buy the car at MSRP and we should be looking at a lower figure to calculate the payments - it was at this point he asked at what price and I showed him a print out of an email from them which indicated the 23,995 price and that they had every color in stock and pricing was good only until Monday. Sales Rep used the classic close of 23,995 will get you to buy today and I agreed as my other pricing I was getting was 1K+ or more higher..(and the next best quote was online from Open Road Honda for 24.5K via their quoting system in NJ!!!!). I fully expected he/mgr would try to haggle over the extras, which I was prepared to negotiate as best I could out of the deal - but when he came back not a thing was mentioned about why they couldn't honor the price, etc and surprisingly we had a deal at MY price. Had thoughts the deal would fade when I went to finance and explained that I was going to pay cash and I didn't need any extras in terms of extended warranties, etc.. .but the finance manager went about his duties in completing the sale and I left the dealership around 11:30 in my new Accord!!

From my experience I was very happy - however I could see how others might not have the same luck if they are looking for a car w/o the extras and at the best price. I am glad I took the extra time and made the trip – in this case it appears to worked to my benefit.
  • Options
    dglozmandglozman Member Posts: 178
    for 36 month 12k miles. Paid $1,000 upfront and my payments are $273 a month. Its includes taxes, title and registration and 1 month payment.
  • Options
    chrisdchrisd Member Posts: 1
    Best price on 2006 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan 4cyl in northen Virginia? Please!
  • Options
    mdupontmdupont Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2006 Accord EX with Leather (V4, Auto)in Graphite Pearl for $22700 (including the $550 destination fee).

The MSRP on this car is $25500, so I paid $2800 under that. I added a deck lid spoiler (great accessory!) for $390 installed and the front fog lights for $400 installed.

I paid roughly $150 for a document (or service fee). That was a little higher than other nearby dealerships but I paid a good chunk less for the 2 above accessories than that I would have paid almost anywhere else that I checked. I researched pricing for this car for almost 2 months. I checked all over Wisconsin, Northern Illinois, and Eastern Minnesota. Roughly 15 to 20 dealerships. After all my research and much thought I finally made my purchase at Lakeland Honda in Sheboygan, WI. The internet sales person was excellent to work with. They also found me great interest rate of 4.8%, slighly better than what I could have gotten at my credit union (5.19%)

I highly recommend this dealership. I drove about 80 extra miles but it was well worth it to save $300-$500 compared to dealerships closer to my home.

I also would maybe recommend checking out Russ Darrow in Milwaukee. They claim that they match any price by 110%, however they would not give me an actual figure via email. I didnt feel like driving to Milwaukee to save an extra $100, but it may be worth a thought.
  • Options
    smicasmica Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I'm looking for 2006 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A). Can anybody having recent buying experience on this model or EX model share your experience? Thank.