Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    2000si2000si Member Posts: 1
    I was offered a price of $17,913(pre-tax,plates,etc.) on non-certified used Accord EX. It is a rare 5-speed, white with ivory interior. Mint condition. Can any one let me know if this is a decent price? Thanks. I'm thinking $16,500 and I'm out the door.
  • Options
    sepasepa Member Posts: 41
    toyda - Two weeks ago, Philadelphia, paid $23,000 (includes destination) for 06 EX-L Accord Sedan 4 cyl automatic Graphite Pearl, plus tax (6%) and tags ($125). I had several other offers from dealers close to this price within two hours distance. Good luck.
  • Options
    wdhjlwdhjl Member Posts: 1
    I got a quote at $19300 ( before tax, title,registration and Doc. fee)for the 06 Accord LX auto, the sales person said it is the invoice plus destination from the edmunds.com. Is there any possibility that i can ask him to lower the price? How can I ask him to wave the destination charge? Never bought a car before, don't know how to negotiate. Thank you all!
  • Options
    wildestkabswildestkabs Member Posts: 13
    Any suggestions? :confuse:
  • Options
    carman88carman88 Member Posts: 4
    Quoted 22,695 (includes destination) + TTL and 3.99% financing in Southern California.
  • Options
    drnick5drnick5 Member Posts: 27
    wow, you paid about $350 below invoice? howd ya get that deal?, geez
  • Options
    RicksterRickster Member Posts: 40
    Where? I am also looking in Philly.
  • Options
    txlsuangeltxlsuangel Member Posts: 2
    Hey I just saw your post, not sure if anyone replied to you or not, but wanted to give my two cents. I had a wonderful experience at Goodson Honda North. I went through the internet sales dept and they knocked 1500 off the price for doing that. I purchased what you are searching for but am not sure if it is the same exact kind. I got a coupe 6spd MT V6 w/navi for about 28K...the sticker was 32...needless to say, they worked with me...it was a very positive experience. Good luck, hope this was somewhat helpful!
  • Options
    hmeadorshmeadors Member Posts: 2
    Have two offers at $18900 with $45 doc fee at 3.9% interest
    in Los Angeles area. As we get closer to the end of the month I suspect I can get a better price. The finannce manager was very friendly and talkative while he filled out the forms. Then he quickly referenced several items and said just sign where indicated on the "agreement". Of course, the monthly payment was $50+ more with "his deal" since he wanted to add thousands of dollars for all kinds security i.e., lojack, 8 year warranty, magic key, window etching, gap insurance. I asked what these were (acting dumb) and then listened for about 30 minutues to his reasoning why I should have each and every one of these items. One by one I said no thanks. For some reason each time I said no thanks, his level of friendlyness seem to deminsh. Finally, he produced the paperwork (3rd time), and the sales price was wrong. It was suppose to be $18900, not $18995. He called the Sales Manager and they lowered it to $18900 (it was just a typo). Yea, right. Finally, everything looked O.K., and then I started to READ the "Agreemnt". The Agreement was amount 2 feet long!!! He said they would hold our check until I recieved the cashier's check (from the sale to a private party of our other car) but I told him that I did not feel comfortable writing a check without the funds in the bank. As I was reading the Agreement (after 9PM Sunday night) he finally said, "I will just write SAMPLE on the Agreement and you can take it home with you to read it. So, I will read it today and make sure they remove the pre-payment clause and anything else that I don't like.
  • Options
    rickster - Sussman Honda in Willow Grove. Request an internet quote online before going there. Very satisfied with the process and how they dealt with me.

I think Sloane also is price competitive.
  • Options
    wildestkabswildestkabs Member Posts: 13
    Another of the dealers who I had spoken with earlier called me today. He quoted a lower price. Need suggestions from others on this board on what they think of this.

2005 Honda Accord Hybrid with NAV (Graphite Pearl)

$26000.00 - Car price
    $2067.00 - Sales Tax
    $368.00 - Doc Fees
    $502.97 - Plates Fee
    $5.00 - State Tire Fee

OTD Price - $28942.97

He said that the price was actually higher but there is a rebate of $1200 (included in the above price), which is only available till the end of this month. I am thinking that is more of a marketing strategy, and it would still be there next month.

The vehicle has a couple of 100 miles on it.

Thoughts? Does the OTD price look ok?
  • Options
    tarptarp Member Posts: 3
    Thanks..I live close by. I will go this weekend
  • Options
    sharathsimhasharathsimha Member Posts: 5
    I'm a first time new car buyer, plus not originally from this country, so having a tough time with the entire process. Therefore, am looking for some help here.

I want to buy a 2006 Accord V6 EX with Leather Sedan (without navigation). The only quote I have so far in the southern MA area is for $24,599 (plus taxes, title and doc fees). Can you folks comment on this pleas?

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    hmeadorshmeadors Member Posts: 2
    Have two offers at $18900 with $45 doc fee at 3.9% interest in Los Angeles area. As we get closer to the end of the month I suspect I can get a better price. The finance manager was very friendly and talkative while he filled out the "Agreement". Then he quickly referenced several items and said just sign where indicated on the "Agreement". Of course, the monthly payment was $50+ more with "his deal" since he wanted to add thousands of dollars for all kinds security i.e., lojack, 8 year warranty, magic key, window etching, gap insurance. I asked what these were (acting dumb) and then listened for about 30 minutues to his reasoning why I should have each and every one of these items. One by one I said no thanks. For some reason each time I said no thanks, his level of friendlyness seem to deminsh. Finally, he produced the paperwork (3rd time), and the sales price was wrong. It was suppose to be $18900, not $18995. He called the Sales Manager and they lowered it to $18900 (it was just a typo). Yea, right. Finally, everything looked O.K., and then I started to READ the "Agreemnt". The Agreement was about 2 feet long!!! He said they would hold our check until I recieved the cashier's check (from the sale to a private party of our other car) but I told him that I did not feel comfortable writing a check without the funds in the bank. As I was reading the Agreement (after 9PM Sunday night) he finally said, "I will just write SAMPLE on the Agreement and you can take it home with you to read it. So, I will read it today and make sure they remove the pre-payment clause and anything else that I don't like.
  • Options
    gilnashgilnash Member Posts: 19
    For that car, a 2006 Accord V6 EX w/o navi, the MSRP is $27,850, the invoice price is $25,217. Both these prices include the $550 destination charge.

Check out messages #10004, #10080, #10033, 10041, & 10103.
    A couple of the messages report deals of over $1,000 below the invoice price, about $24,000 before taxes and other fees.

I would avoid visiting the dealers in person. You've pretty much surrendered when you walk in off the street and try to negotiate. Instead either FAX or email the sales managers of several dealers. The honda web site has info on honda dealers near you. If you are willing to travel, you might ask for quotes from dealers in another town. The factory warranty is valid at any dealer. You can buy at one dealer and have it serviced at another. Once you get offers, it might be worth going back & asking if the others can beat your best offer.

Be aware that dealers charge other fees. Some charge $50 for "paperwork", while others charge as much as $500 for the same. Be sure to get the "out-the-door" price. If you are paying a small "doc" fee, then $24,599 might not be too bad a price. The messages above do not list what they paid, so it is difficult to know if they really got a great deal. The only way to feel comfortable with the price you pay is to get a sufficent number of quotes.
  • Options
    kart83kart83 Member Posts: 5
    I am in the market for 2006 Accord LX SE(2.4l Auto). need your opinion on the price. $19,200 +TTL +TAX. In Bay Area Ca
  • Options
    vinny68vinny68 Member Posts: 7
    The wife and I have had a '95 Accord EX since new and loved every minute of it. We traded it today with 108,000 miles on it on an '06 Accord EX-L. This is our first car with leather and we feel like it is a huge step up. I don't know why we didn't do this sooner. We really debated about getting the LX-SE which seems like such a bargain but once we drove the EX-L it was all over. We ended up negotiating $23,300 for the new car and got $1,750 for our trade which is exactly what KBB says average trade-in is for ours in "fair" condition. Couldn't be happier with Brad Barker Honda. The entire process with their internet sales manager was quick and painless. I would highly recommend the dealership.
  • Options
    drnick5drnick5 Member Posts: 27
    hey, I live in RI (close to mass) and was looking for a honda, best suggestion I can make is use www.carsdirect.com they can get you a pretty good price with local dealers, and then go form there. you can E-mail barrys honda (www.barrymotors.com) their internet department is pretty fast at responding to E-mails. also check at boch honda (www.bochhonda.com) they are pretty good over there as well. good luck to ya!
  • Options
    Although I live in PA, the best quote I had on an 06 EX-L Accord Sedan was from Chambers Honda in Seekonk, MA. I obtained an internet quote from them.
  • Options
    jfox77jfox77 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought an Accord LX SE in Utah for $20,126. From reading some of the posts in here, I could have done better, but I still feel like I got a good deal.

I was looking around at used Accords in the area, and I don't think I could've found anything with low miles without spending more than $18.5K. So, brand new is worth the extra $1600 IMO.

They did tack on the stupid window etching fee of $298. What an incredible ripoff! It caught me off guard, so I just paid it (they already etched the windows). But, in retrospect, I should've refused to pay it.

The etch basically provides you with $2500 if your car is stolen, and not recovered (or declared a total loss) within 30 days of the theft. The company providing the service doesn't do jack to find your car, and your regular insurance protects you anyway. So, you're paying someone $300 for a $2500 benefit that will almost assuredly never come. Biggest scandal around IMO. Just another way to squeeze a few hundred out of the customer.

Love the car, by the way. I was in the market for a V6, but the 4cyl is actually pretty peppy (at lower speeds).
  • Options
    jfox77jfox77 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought an SE in silver at KGHonda Orem. They matched my lowest price which was LHM's $20,126. LHM was willing to beat Willey's price (which was $20,226) by $100.

I think I missed a negotiating point that would have saved me some more money. When KGHonda Orem matched LHM's price, my best move was obviously to demand lower. If they refused I could've just gone to LHM and got the same exact deal.

I talked with dealers up in Seattle as well, since I'm moving up there, and I couldn't get them to go any lower than $20,900, so I figured the deal I got with KGHonda Orem wasn't that bad.

Still, you can probably get it for less if you're not under a time crunch and have several other good quotes.
  • Options
    dglozmandglozman Member Posts: 178
    Does this price includes destination? If yes this is a very good quote. I was offered $20,100 with destination, and end up leasing the car for 36 month with @1000 out of pocket and $273 a month including TT&L
  • Options
    carbuyerinlacarbuyerinla Member Posts: 5
    I just bought my 2006 Accord LX SE in Southern California for 19,350 + TTL. I was going to buy a regular Accord LX at 18,724 + TTL, but I was offered the SE at that price. I do like the radio controls on the steering wheel, Alloy wheels, and 6 CD changer.
  • Options
    tonyguy2000tonyguy2000 Member Posts: 39
    When I purchased my Honda in So.California in '02 the dealer did the same thing adding etching. After I got home I called Honda corporate and the next day the dealer called me and refunded the etching fee.
    A few months I received a Notice from a court that I am part of a class action lawsuit against that dealer for doing the etching practice on everyone. I will be receiving either a $500 voucher for a future purchase of a Honda or 2-$50 vouchers for service and a $75 check.
  • Options
    Yes it includes destination. only other is Tax and License (~2k in california, ouch 8.75% tax)

any must have add-ons for SE, or is it good on its own?

Appreciate everyones help.
  • Options
    mafernamaferna Member Posts: 83
    Is this a MT or AT?

Thanks
  • Options
    As stated Earlier in first post. it is a 2006 Accord LE special edition (2.4l auto).
  • Options
    ncstaten99ncstaten99 Member Posts: 5
    I was quoted from a local dealer in Richmond, VA a price of invoice, $23140 on the 2006 Accord LX V6 4door Automatic. I am emailing every Honda dealer in Virginia to try to get a lower price but so far the best quote I have gotten is a match of the invoice price. Anyone in VA or surrounding states please let me know if you have gotten a lower price on this car or possibly how much you paid for the EX V6.
  • Options
    ncstate - Don't know where in VA you are, but I paid $23,000 (included destination) + tax + tags ($125) outside Philadelphia for '06 EX-L Accord Sedan 4cyl, so it seems you should be able to do better for an LX. Had a similar quote from Faulkner in Harrisburg, PA, and elsewhere.
  • Options
    hpowdershpowders Member Posts: 4,330
    I have a chance to buy an Accord LX 4 door sedan with automatic for $19,599 which is $200 over invoice using carsdirect.com.
    I live in the Tampa area.
    Is this a competitive price or can I most likely do better if I shop around?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    ylim1ylim1 Member Posts: 3
    A dealer quoted me $18,182+TTL for Honda Accord VP 06 Sedan AT. Is it a fair price?
    Is this model has security system? If not, any suggestion for installing a security system after market, such as bestbuy?
  • Options
    punchpermpunchperm Member Posts: 9
    I got a 2006 LX V6 for $600 under invoice at Open Road Honda in Edison, NJ, if you're willing to travel north a bit. They're the ones with the online Instaquote system. The quoted price for me was $22,541 (including destination). The only downside was a $300 doc fee, but the OTD price was still pretty good ($24,255) compared to every other dealer even though they had lower doc fees. You might be able to get a better price than I did, as I did no haggling at all.

They did however throw in VIN etching and wheel locks for free, though from what the sales guy told me, this is more to deter thefts from their lot, moreso than to give the customer a freebie. They didn't even mention that they were coming on the car, I just noticed them when I took delivery and asked the sales guy about it.
  • Options
    ???

I was asking carbuyerinla...
  • Options
    ncstaten99ncstaten99 Member Posts: 5
    My out the door price on the LX V6 is $24160. VA sales tax is only 3%.
  • Options
    ylim1ylim1 Member Posts: 3
    In Houston, Texas.
  • Options
    carbuyerinlacarbuyerinla Member Posts: 5
    2006 Accord LE special edition (2.4l auto) just like kart83. The 3.99% financing helped too.
  • Options
    Great deal; congrats!
    Now I just have to decide between the Accord and the GLI (yes, VW, I know, I know..., but I can't help it!; I grew up surrounded by VWs!)
  • Options
    Hi,
    I've been offered a 2006 EX, leather, auto, 4-cylinder for $22,700 plus tax and tags. Based on what I've been able to find on the web, this seems like a good deal, but I thought I'd check here.

Anyone have an opinion? Thanks.
  • Options
    rick - I paid $23,000 for the same car two weeks ago outside Phila, and had searched both local and within several hours away. I would take the price you are being offered, though you may want to confirm that there are no doc fees. I also got all-season weather mats and cargo tray thrown in, which I think makes our respective quotes pretty close to being equal.
  • Options
    ramidaramida Member Posts: 67

Base Price:...........$19,278
    Plus:
    Destination charge........550
    Documentation fee.........398
    Sales tax (3%)............595
    New tag....................74

Out-the-door price....$20,895

The salesperson is telling me this is a $100-below-invoice deal. Is this correct? Another Honda dealer in the Raleigh area doesn't want to deal below "invoice".

This is the best price I can get at the moment.

ramida
  • Options
    The base price is indeed $100 below invoice. but that doc fee is too much.
  • Options
    vf154vf154 Member Posts: 12
    I am interested in the same car or a regular LX,4dr,4cl,AT
    and live in Sunnyvale. Where in the Bay Area are you and what dealer did you use?
  • Options
    Ended up getting the car for $22,500 so I'm pretty happy. No all-season weather mats, though.
  • Options
    suvasuva Member Posts: 6
    Can you please specify which dealer and in which state were you offered this price. I am also looking to pull the trigger on HAH with NAVI.

Thanks,
    :)
  • Options
    You got a great deal, rickster. Which dealer? And what was your out the door price?
  • Options
    mendota99mendota99 Member Posts: 18
    Can someone confirm there will be a Honda sale towards the end of December? Thank you.
  • Options
    Hi sepa,
    Thanks for sharing the info. Could you tell us the name of the dealership where you found this deal?

Thanks a lot in advance,
    Sharath
  • Options
    sharathsimha - My deal 06 EX-L Sedan 4cyl for $23,000 + tax + tags was at Sussman Honda, Willow Grove, PA. If you go there, first get the internet quote (supposedly better than just walking in). Similar price at Faulkner in Harrisburg, PA. Trying to find out where rickster paid $22,500 for the same car . . . .
  • Options
    fuhjaifuhjai Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone purchased this vehicle yet? What are people paying?
  • Options
    Thanks. I thought your price was for the V6. I have a quote for V6 EX-L for 23,500, but thats only if I take their financing.