Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    mldj98mldj98 Member Posts: 378
    In my humble opinion I do not think you need the extended warranty at all. I have owned many Hondas in my day and have not needed an extended warranty yet. The Accord 4cyl has been on the top 10 car list now for what 18 years! You don't get there by putting out a bad product. From the engine to the tranny these cars are rock solid. I would say keep that extra $$ and perhaps buy some accessories for you car....or just bank it....you won't be disappointed!
    Just my .02
  • Options
    ramidaramida Member Posts: 67
    "In my humble opinion I do not think you need the extended warranty at all."

Same line of thinking here! With the new Honda 5-years/60k-miles powertrain warranty, there is no need for those marginal, overpriced, deceptively advertised or offered "extended" warranties. Not worth it.

ramida
  • Options
    hnguyen1hnguyen1 Member Posts: 17
    Any news on this Honda $1000 rebate?
  • Options
    kodachrome56kodachrome56 Member Posts: 14
    I have been to various dealers on L.I. for the best $ on a
    06 Accord LX SE 5A. Best so far is HondaCity at 20,600 before
    TTL etc. JayHonda is 500 miles any but has the lowest $ at 19,828 with $100 p.fee and $25 for tem. plate to get it home.
    Air fare is $75 one way and Jay sales said they would pick me up at the airport($25 cab ride). Anything closer????
    Help Help Me Rhonda with my Honda!!!!!
    Bill B
  • Options
    This is just the price I have been looking for an SE. The
    mud guards,trunk guards and wheel locks are gravy. Please
    respond with dealer name, address and phone. Thanks in advance
    Bill B
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,422
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    ch3r0k33ch3r0k33 Member Posts: 2
    Any advice about what I can expect to pay for a 120K mile EW on a 2006 v6 6mt? Dealer quoted $2100 w/100 deductible.
    Any advice? I keep cars till they drop so am considering the warranty for peace of mind and in case an expensive electronic component fails in the next decade. $2100 is too high for me however.

$25500 is right about what I paid for car.

ALso I hate the stick shift, any suggestions about a larger leather 6speed replacement knob?
  • Options
    You might check out this discussion..

Honda Extended Warranties: Pricing and Info

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    atlkevinatlkevin Member Posts: 3
    Great message board with loads of helpful info. I'm ready to begin contacting dealers (via email) in the Atlanta metro area, plus a few others in nearby areas. I plan to get at least 4-5 quotes.

From my review of the posts over the past two months, it seems a target price for the EX V6 Sedan MT w/Navi should be "in the neighborhood" of $26,500, including destination, but not TTL. MSRP= $29,850. Invoice= $26,935. Holdback= 3% of MSRP, or ~$900.

I welcome feedback on this strategy and approach. Is my pricing target too aggressive? I've see some postings with prices in this range.

Thanks to a great board!
  • Options
    nikinnickynikinnicky Member Posts: 17
    Kyfdx:
    I think car_man is temporarily out of commission. I posted a query re: money factor for the above vehicle on 12/13 on the "Lease Questions" board but it doesn't appear that car_man has posted since then. I was wondering if you had any other leads on where I could obtain info on money factors. Have been keeping the dealer at bay pending verification that the mf is .00365 for an 05.
    Thanks
  • Options
    mitchfloridamitchflorida Member Posts: 420
    I am sorry for predicting a rebate that never materialized. The next rebate incentives will be announced on January 3rd and we will see what Honda does. I would expect at least $500 rebate next week, and when the new Camry comes out in March, the rebates will go up higher.
  • Options
    Car_man has been on vacation... and he should be getting to the Honda Lease forums shortly...

I don't have the inside information that he does, but that money factor looks awfully high... It is possible that Honda Finance has ceased offering any sort of support on the '05 models... You might check out the lease price on an '06, instead... It may surprise you, and result in a lower monthly cost, even though the purchase price will be higher...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    cuzzy80cuzzy80 Member Posts: 8
    kydfx,
    Many questions for you. :):) First, I wanted to buy a car by the 1st. I'm not sure if car_man will be back by then. Can you address my leasing questions in the Honda Lease Question section that a member mentioned above your last post. I would greatly appreciate it as I had a lot of questions about residual cost and so forth.

Other questions: Do holdbacks vary per state or is this a standardize number? I'm interested in negotiating a price on an 06 Honda Accord Sedan EX, even though I want to lease. My strategy is to negotiate the selling price, then once that is good, negotiate a lease price. So far, over emails I've got selling at 20,100 and lease at 282/month. At the table I want to address the selling price then worry about the monthly payments last (I feel confident they'll be lower than 300/month). Is that a good/bad idea? Here is what I came up with when trying to figure Honda's Actual price on the car.

Invoice = 20,928. MSRP = 23,950
    Dealer Holdback= $479 (used 2%, not knowing if 3% is standard)
    Factor to Dealer Cash = $2,000 (guestimated)
    Carry Over Allowances = 5% (guestimate)
    Advertising Costs = $300
    Floor Plan kickback = $300
    My formual is Actual Cost = IP-(DH+FD+AC+FPK)
    Actual Cost is 17,849 with adjusting for CA the actual cost is $16,957

From what I have researched, one could look for prices a above the actual price. Are my pricing methods correct? I want to be armed and dangerous at the dealership and I want to buy by the 1st. I also want to lease but I want to haggle a tough deal for the actual cost of the car as well in case I keep it later. Thoughts? Opinions? Your help is very much appreciated as I am a 25 y/o woman who is about to buy her first car :) ....Even more reason to be armed and dangerous at the dealer!
  • Options
    nikinnickynikinnicky Member Posts: 17
    Thanks for the advice, kyfdx...happy holidays :)
  • Options
    A few points..

1) Holdback on Hondas is 3%.

2) The MSRP and invoice you list don't include the destination fee of $550.

3) There is no factory to dealer cash on the '06 models.

4) Carry over, Floor plan kickback, advertising costs? Not sure where you can find out all of these numbers.. I'm positive the dealer has other sources of revenue to defray their actual cost, buy quantifying that can be difficult.

The only numbers I'm sure of... Invoice + destination - holdback = about $20,750...

I'm thinking that is a good deal for an '06 Accord EX sedan.. but, you might page back a couple of months worth of posts to see what people are actually paying.. Does your quoted price of $20,100 include destination? If it does, then you've got a great deal... Even if it doesn't, your deal is still good..

Negotiating a price first, and then knowing the lease variable is definitely the best way to go.. I also feel confident that you will be able to lease for under $300/mo..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    magnumpimagnumpi Member Posts: 4
    Mark: Just started shopping for one this week. Got my first quote yesterday for one with XM and w/o Nav for 25,5. He said it's been there for awhile as the 6 speeds don't sell well. Sounded as if they hadn't sold many coupes, period.
  • Options
    Can one negotiate the residual value? Mine is at 13,651.60 with a lease money factor at .00201. What is money factor? With 2k down my monthly payments are at 274.86. I calculated that if the sell price is 20,374 (before taxes, etc) and I want to buy the car at the end of the lease i'll send up paying something like 23k something...Which seems more then the sell price...Why is that? Is there an interest with leases?
  • Options
    Your "good deal" price was total out the door? or before taxes?
  • Options
    1) You can't negotiate the residual.. It is set by Honda Financial..

2) Yes.. there are finance charges on a lease... that is where the money factor comes in.. .00201 is roughly equivalent to 4.8% interest..

3) The price I said was a good deal is before tax is added..

I'm not sure about your lease payment quotes, as I don't know the residual percentages and the base money factors that are offered.. Also, you don't mention the term of the lease or the mileage allowed.. I still feel that you should be able to get under $300/mo., with $1000 or less due at signing... and that is including tax..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    gato1gato1 Member Posts: 5
    Picking that same car up tomorrow. I told them 26,200 with nothing extra or 26,400 with trunk tray, cargo net. They said they would meet one or the other. I'll let you know how seemless this is after. If they even think about mentioning documentation fees, I'll tell them 26,000 just for the insult. The salesman was real good, not overbearing or annoying. I am finding the sales managers are the real jerks. I saw a post for one without NAVI for 23,750+53 for doc fees. = 23,800. Since the NAVI is a 2000 MSRP upgrade (only 18something invoice), that sounds like an incredible deal. I don't think I can get there from here. Can't really compare a Chicago price to a California dealer. Around 3300-3500 below MSRP on a 2006 sounds good enough to me.
  • Options
    toydatoyda Member Posts: 4
    In reading about prices paid - can you compare pricing thru different states? If you can beat Edmunds TMV pricing for your area, is that a good deal? Thanks.
  • Options
    Oops...Sorry....Miles allotted are 15k Again, this is regarding a EX Sedan Accord 06 Here's the Worksheet from the dealer:
    MSRP 23950
    Residual value %: 57%
    residual value: 13,651.50
    capital cost: 21,113
    term: 36 months
    money factor: .00201
    custmer cash down: 2,000

This is where I get lost...:
    Total Add Caps: 640
    Adjusted Cap Cost: 20,372.39
    Cash Cap Reduction: 1,380.41

total Sales Tx: 818.70
    Ttl Annual Fees: 201.00
    Ttl Inital Fees: 36.75
    Amonth Due at start: 2,000
    Total monthly paymentL 274.86

Am I right that out the dor is 21113.00?? Cap Cost throws me off.
  • Options
    blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    Yes, you can compare prices across different states. Just ignore what so many call their OTD (out the door) price. It's meaningless if you are trying to compare different taxes and fees in different states with those in your locality.

The only meaningful way to compare vehicle prices is to examine the bottom line negotiated cost of the VEHICLE plus DESTINATION charge (it's non-negotiable).

You would of course then add your state and local taxes and governmental registration & title fees.
  • Options
    This is what it looks like to me..

$21,113.. This is what you are paying for the car..

$640 Additional Cap cost: Probably the Honda Financial acquisition fee and some other small fee..

$1380 Cap cost reduction: What is left of the $2000 upfront, after taking out 1st payment, security deposit and annual/initial fees..

$20,372 adjusted cap: $21,113 selling price + $640 additional cap items - $1380 cap cost reduction.

Now... I'm not positive... but, it looks to me like the sales tax has been added into the lease payment, on top of the $20,372 adjusted cap cost.... If the $21,113 capital cost includes the $818 of sales tax.. then, that makes the selling price look pretty darn good.. But, then I only calculate a payment of around $255/mo., not $274/mo..

It all gets pretty confusing.. because, the dealer throws everything into the mix, sometimes including the first payment, then subtracts your $2000, and that is what they figure the lease on...

If the lease is $274/mo. for 36mo./45K miles, and your total due at signing is $2000, and this includes all taxes and fees.. then, it is a pretty good deal.. If you have to pay any fees or taxes out of pocket, in addition to the $2000, then maybe not so good...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    higgledy1higgledy1 Member Posts: 6
    '06 Accord 4-cyl, LX-SE, auto., 4-door. 19,900 including freight. (TTL extra)?
  • Options
    toydatoyda Member Posts: 4
    I was just quoted 20,650 in Chicago area. Invoice is 19,928.
  • Options
    I am in the market for the same car.
    Best $$$$ on Long Island 20,600 HondaCity
    in Mass 19,862 Sliko Honda
    in Ohio 19,828 Jay Honda
    Where/What dealer gave you that listed price???
  • Options
    after a few weeks, my patience ran out and I finally bought a 06 Accord LX V6 4dr for 24,400 OTD. The car was around $22,269.

What bugs me was the interest rate; my credit score was around 730-740, but the rate was 6.4%. Is that a fair rate?
  • Options
    higgledy1higgledy1 Member Posts: 6
    From Conicelli Honda just outside Philadelphia.
  • Options
    benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    The 2006 Accord V-6 MT 6-speed with navi is my dream car. I hope you'll post a full report on it at the regular Accord posting area.

Thanks, Ben
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • Options
    sb55sb55 Member Posts: 616
    Did you read the latest Car and Driver comparison? Accord was 2nd to some pretty good sporting cars. It even "beat" the Acura TSX.

2021 Toyota Venza Limited Hybrid, 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.4 Hemi, 2007 Mazda MX-5 Miata PRHT

• Options
    goodegggoodegg Member Posts: 905
    The term of your loan will influence the interest rate on a car loan. If yours is a 3-4 year loan the rate is a bit high. For a 5-6 year loan it appears in the market.

As a solace to you the difference in payment amount on your loan if you got 6% vs the 6.4% is $4 a month at a 60 month term.
  • Options
    midwayfivemidwayfive Member Posts: 5
    yes (or very close to it) - this was an ad from Elmhurst Honda right? I posted here and bought around mid October with a 23,995 price + doc + TTL from them for an EX V6 w/o Navi. Saw the same ad last week and this was the lowest price I have seen in their ads (plus they are the only dealer in town to post a acutal cash price vs lease on this model). In todays ad the price was a little over 24K.
  • Options
    blake54321blake54321 Member Posts: 1
    I have gotten the runaround on a recent purchase trip to a local Philadelphia area Honda dealership. I basically was told that $28k was as low as they would go on this car, and that it was in high demand. I know for a fact that a friend recently purchased from the same dealership for less than $26k. Any advice as to places to go in the Philly/NJ/DE/MD area, and how much I should be expecting to pay? I have noticed that most people posting here who have gotten a good deal paid somewhere just under $26k, and I have been offered the car at invoice, both of which are significantly lower than the Edmunds TMV price.

Also, is the wheel lock and mudflap b.s. standard? I don't really care what the dealership wants to put on the car, but I'm not going to pay for their "upgrades."

Thanks.
  • Options
    it was a 36-month loan. But I thought along the same line as you too; only $3/month (~$100 total) if I get 6% instead of 6.4%.
  • Options
    mitchfloridamitchflorida Member Posts: 420
    Capital One Auto loans is charging 5.39 per cent for 36 months, tier one credit rating.
  • Options
    coolhead1001coolhead1001 Member Posts: 4
    I just picked up a new 2006 Accord LX SE automatic in Chicago area. Total price, including destination charge but before tax, fee and title, was $18,926. I also added mud guards for $124. This was by far the lowest quote I got in the Chicago area. The dealer was Crystal Honda. They are very professional and easy to deal with.
  • Options
    onthelimitonthelimit Member Posts: 2
    Got a 2006 Accord EX-AT sedan two weeks ago (has about 450 miles). Unfortunately, I will be out of the country on business. What a bummer! Would it be possible for someone to assume the loan since I'm thinking of selling it? The loan amount is 21,500. Thanks.
  • Options
    You can check your loan paperwork... but, generally, most finance contracts cannot be assumed..

Of course, someone could get their own financing and buy your car for what you owe on it...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    rs_hondars_honda Member Posts: 2
    Hello,
    I live in Bellevue, Washington state. I've got a quote from dealer for Honda Accord as below.

Trim: EX-Leather (with Navigation) - 4 Cylinder & Auto
    Price: $ 25,400 + doc fee + tax
    Free accessories: Wheel locks

Can some one please tell me if the above quote is Not bad/Ok/Good??

Thanks for your time!
  • Options
    haefrhaefr Member Posts: 600
    With your posting "handle" and that story, I got more questions about what's really going on than you gave answers.
  • Options
    ezshift5ezshift5 Member Posts: 858
    ...well, looks like one more candidate for marketing school! Point well taken.

..ez..
  • Options
    griphongriphon Member Posts: 5
    I am from the NYC area. I went to a few Honda dealers and after some negotiations with the salespeople I was able to get a quote on a lease for a 2006 EX-L (4 cyl auto):

$325/month (taxes included)
    36 months/12,000 mi/year
    $0 down
    $1512 due at signing.

I would like to know if I could do better than that (maybe cut down the $1512). I am also unsure about which fees I HAVE to pay (acquisition, tax, whatever else) and which fees are dealer-imposed (maybe doc fees).

Could somebody please give me a rundown on mandatory fees.

Also I would like to know if I could negotiate the price of the car if I am leasing it because most likely I will end up buying the vehicle anyway.

I really appreciate the help.
  • Options
    kk2482kk2482 Member Posts: 33
    Hello Griphon,

By what the Honda Lease Info shows the following is at minimum what is involved in the fees you are concerned with... this is what I have found so far. I am researching the Honda Accords as well - however I've decided to purchase.

+Refundable Security Deposit
    +Standard Service Charge
    +Capitalized Cost Reduction
    [An initial cash payment on a lease of up to 20%. The more you pay at the start of the lease, the lower the monthly payments. This is a normal requirement for Honda Leasing. It is based on the purchase price, and the vehicle's projected residual value at the end of your lease.] *see if you can get the dealership to work with you on this - might be your only chance to lower the $1512 price you don't like.
    +Disposition fees [A flat charge to cover all costs incurred in transporting, preparing and selling a vehicle at the end of the lease or balloon contract term.]*I don't know if this is a set charge since it does list as "fees". Possibly this could be a smaller price if you brought it up with the dealership you're working with.

Also, I found the following link useful. It lists all the definitions for Honda leasing/loan terms and conditions... maybe it'll be helpful to you.

http://www.hondafinancialservices.com/global/glossary.asp#capitalizedcostreducti- -

Best of luck :) *Kk2482*
  • Options
    dampfnudeldampfnudel Member Posts: 131
    I don't know about your area of the country, but here in the NY/NJ metro area dealers have a lot of competition. I could get a EX-L with navi for at least $1K less. We're interested in a EX-V6 with navi and received offers bet. $26.4K and $26.8K. You can expect better deals when the new Camry arrives in about 2-3 months.
  • Options
    jpiiijpiii Member Posts: 1
    Yea, a real good price considering invoice is 19,928.10
    Check out partscheap.com, they have honda accessories at a decent price. I thought I sas the mud gaurds for 62.00.
  • Options
    reechzreechz Member Posts: 50
    Here's something interesting. Local Honda dealer is pushing me to buy (actually lease for 36 months) today (before deals change on Jan 2) a 4 cyl LX Accord. Says it's a special deal
    $0 down (except dmv and first month). $299 per month.

I ask him to run the monthly costs with the same scenario for the LX SE. He says there is no special deal. He runs the numbers and it comes out to $294 a month.

So, the "special deal" for a lesser car is $5 more. :P

I love car dealers.
  • Options
    cm1379cm1379 Member Posts: 28
    Hello,

I live in New Brunswick, NJ and am planning to buy a new 2006 Honda Accord LX Sedan Automatic.

Below is a quote I have from one of the dealers. Can anyone help me understand the tricks of getting a good deal? I do not want to put any money down.

Also, would you recommend a the LX Special Edition model over the LX? If yes, why?

--------------------------------------
    VEHICLE SELLING PRICE: $18699
    + Destination: $550
    + Options: $0.00
    - Trade Value: $0.00
    TOTAL VEHICLE SELLING PRICE: $19249
    + Sales Tax: $1154.94
    + Documentation: $138.50
    + Motor Vehicle: $244.00
    + NJ Tire Fee: $7.50
    + Trade Payoff: $0.00
    TOTAL PRICE: $20793.94
  • Options
    anandganandg Member Posts: 2
    31st 2005 I purchased a 2006 Honda Accord Automatic LX in NJ for OTD price of 20,900 (This includes sales tax, tags and 7 years extended warranty + vehicle enhancement kit).
    Hope this helps.
  • Options
    mskmikemskmike Member Posts: 6
    I bought 2006 Accord LX SE AT @ 21985 OTD (including splash guard, door edge guard, Fenderwell Trim, Trunk Tray, wheel lock and free first oil change). I chose SE because you'll get these over lx.

• 120-watt AM/FM/6 disc in-dash CD changer audio system with 6 speakers
    • 16" alloy wheels
    • 4-wheel disc brakes
    • Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
    • Illuminated steering wheel-mounted cruise/audio controls
    • Carbon-fiber-look interior accents

I'll say go for SE !! :)