Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    hitman80hitman80 Member Posts: 17
    I am following this thread from a month and finally made a move on 30th. Thanks to edumunds and everyone who posted in this thread. I think I got a decent deal :)

Got '07 Accord EXL Coupe, 4cyl Automatic in NJ

Car inv+dest - 21400
    tax 7%
    dmv - 254
    doc fee - 289
    credit check fee - 52

OTD - 23550
  • Options
    frankcariofrankcario Member Posts: 41
    A dealer offered to sell me a 2007 SE for $20,296 + TTL

$19,601 Invoice
    595 Destination
    100 profit

Is that a fair price? Should I be able to do better?
  • Options
    dave128dave128 Member Posts: 14
    Credit check fee ??????

I thought I've seen everything. What's next?, Mens Room Toilet Paper Fee?

That's why it's critical to compare prices based on out-the door totals. Car price alone is not a honest indicator of value.
  • Options
    hitman80hitman80 Member Posts: 17
    I tried to get it waived but couldnt do it. In the end, I was happy with the final price.
  • Options
    sparky62sparky62 Member Posts: 5
    I've been reading this board for about a month in preparation for shopping for my new Honda here in Charlotte, North Carolina. After learning all I could here and at other sites, yesterday, I pulled the trigger on a new San Marino Red 07 Accord EX-L V6 Automatic, think I got a good deal and want to post my results.

The car came with splash guards, locking wheels, pin stripes, floor mats and a cargo net. But, I also bought the following optional equipment:
    Front Spoiler, Rear Spoiler, Rear Wing, Fog Lights, Sun Roof Visor, Door Visors, Body Side Moulding and Door Edge Guards. The optional equipment should all be installed by Tuesday and I'll pick the car up at that time.

***** Here's My Deal Below *****

Car Price: 24,267
    Installed Options: 2,076
    Dest Chg: 595
    3% Tax + TTL, Lic: 863
    Doc Fee: 399
    Sub Total: 28,200
    Cash Down: 3,000
    OTD Price: 25,200

Overall, I think I got a good deal. I'm sure I left some money on the table but I'm happy with the outcome. When I pick up the car in 2 days, I'll buy an extended Honda Care Warranty from Saccucci online and should be good to go for many years.
  • Options
    txautofantxautofan Member Posts: 1
    Purchased the Accord EX-L yesterday. I dont know if I gotten a good deal or not. But, here is what I paid for the vehicle. OTD $22,900. All in all, I am happy with my purchase.
    I purchased this vehicle from Gillman Honda in Houston, TX. Always good luck to all in getting a better deal. I am so grateful this forum exist since I know it help me before I go to the dealership to negiotate.
  • Options
    thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Well, OTD is actually $28,200 for you, because that is what you are paying for the car. You just happened to be paying $3,000 of it up front.

The dealer really nailed you on the equipment. Front spoiler? Rear spoiler AND rear wing? Huh?

By the way, the car doesn't "come" with locking wheels, pin stripes, or a cargo net. The dealer had included those in their price.

From what I've seen around here, $24,000 is a decent price for just the car - several are getting in the low $23s though. $2k in options just seems incredibly high, and appears to be where the dealer made their fortune on this deal. Not to mention the BOGUS $399 doc fee.
  • Options
    The OTD price doesn't help without a price breakdown. It seems reasonable, but without knowing what your taxes were, options, doc fees, etc... it's hard to comment on your deal (of course you may not be looking for comments! :))

Enjoy your Accord I4. I have the cloth version of your car (in Graphite Pearl) and it is an absolute joy!
  • Options
    Have them subtract the $750 factory/dealer incentive and it will be a decent deal.
  • Options
    blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    There is more there to grind out of them. There is $600 in holdback. There is $750 in market incentives. There may be up to $1000 in non published mfg to dealer incentives. Be a man and grind most of the $2350 out of them. Start $2000 less. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    kc10kc10 Member Posts: 2
    just purchased an '07 Accord EX V6 and made a pretty good deal (I think!) thanks in large part to the info postings here. At the last part of the deal, however, I was caught off-guard by the questions of extended warranty and under-coating. I am inclined to pass on the extended warranty but got the hard sales pitch about the 'Auto Armor' and was told that cars 'today' no longer come with any standard rust proofing/paint protection and since I live in the Northeast...yadda, yadda, yadda! I was quoted a price of $690.00 and told it covers 'everything' that could happen...rust, paint fade etc.(of course!), for 5 yrs and straight through rust for 10 yrs. Does anyone know if this is really necessary (or even beneficial!!) and if so, is that price negotiable too? As I need to tell them if I want it or not in the morning, any help anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated...thanks in advance, this is a great resource!
  • Options
    jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    Skip it. Go to myhondawarranty.com for prices on the extended warranty.

Rust through protection on new cars standard has never been better. Sounds like the old pitch I used to give in the mid 80's . I thought it was extinct. Their cost on the treatment probably doesn't exceed $70.

--jjf

just purchased an '07 Accord EX V6 and made a pretty good deal (I think!) thanks in large part to the info postings here. At the last part of the deal, however, I was caught off-guard by the questions of extended warranty and under-coating. I am inclined to pass on the extended warranty but got the hard sales pitch about the 'Auto Armor' and was told that cars 'today' no longer come with any standard rust proofing/paint protection and since I live in the Northeast...yadda, yadda, yadda! I was quoted a price of $690.00 and told it covers 'everything' that could happen...rust, paint fade etc.(of course!), for 5 yrs and straight through rust for 10 yrs. Does anyone know if this is really necessary (or even beneficial!!) and if so, is that price negotiable too? As I need to tell them if I want it or not in the morning, any help anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated...thanks in advance, this is a great resource!
  • Options
    kc10kc10 Member Posts: 2
    Nope, definitely not extinct! In fact, when I stated that it seemed a little hard to believe that cars could be made / sold 'without anything' for protection, I was told it was relatively new---in the last ~4-5 years-- and was because the vehicles were shipped to such a variety of locations in the world that 'had different needs'!! That was when the real $$ alarm bells started going off and I told them I would call back Monday morning and let them know after I considered it longer. I am really glad to hear that it is probably the load of b.s. that it sounded like! Thanks a lot for your help~
  • Options
    Auto Armor.....an old and trusted name in the automotive business. Yea, right. Anyone remember Rusty Jones?? These packages are about 90% profit for the dealership. Why else would they put on the hard sell? If you read the AA warranty you'll see it's really a joke. And what happens if the company folds up? Give it the big pass......
  • Options
    dolphinrancherdolphinrancher Member Posts: 1
    4 Cyl/4 DR Sedan/Auto Trans. Standard EX-L Equipment.
    +Dealer window tint, pinstripes and doorguards

$22,500 OTD. Including Dest/Dealer Prep/Dealer "Service Fee" ;D

Add on:
    FL Sales Tax: $1317
    Batt/E-Tag/Tire Fees: $46.50
    Title/Tag Xfer: $100 (diff between actual will be refunded)

Total Everything: about $23,950

Honda Finance beat my Credit Union (1st time that has happened)

100% Financed/0% down/60 months/5.94% Fixed
    Only fee on that end was around $80.00 for a Doc Stamp Fee. I may be wrong, but I thought that was a FL State tax, if not it "got by me" ;)

No other "funny" numbers involved
  • Options
    indiomonkindiomonk Member Posts: 28
    So I roll into Bankston Honda in Lewisville on Mar 31st at around 6pm. I offered 22,500 for a New EXL v6 sedan that has been sitting on the lot for 4 months. They came back with 25k then 23,900 I countered with 22,900 and then finally 23,000. They said NO Go. I said okay thanks for your time. I had no trade and was going to pay cash. I had to find a sales person to help me because they were all busy selling I think they sold a ton of accords last night. I am going to try again next weekend. Maybe my luck will change. Thanks for the invaluable information that this forum has provided.

Thanks, again.

Monk
  • Options
    It was a white car with tan leather and auto tranny.
  • Options
    If the rebates hold 4/30 might be you best day to grind a deal. Congrats for having the manhood to walk. They will be calling you.
  • Options
    chetanrchetanr Member Posts: 6
    Hi : That is the best price I have ever seen..Where di you buy her??
  • Options
    coachk1coachk1 Member Posts: 8
    Purchased the LX in Maryland. I got a deal because it was the last day of the month (or at least that's what the salesperson said).
  • Options
    Save your money,man. I wouldn't let anybody spray anything on my new car.
  • Options
    ainslbainslb Member Posts: 11
    Almost went the Bankstons on Saturday also. I was hoping for rain like they had on Friday. After reading about the Irving dealer, I was hoping for a good buy in Dallas as we were from out of town. Decided to wait on buying a EX-L 4 with auto sedan. The price from Houston looks great.
  • Options
    kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Their Edmunds invoice cost w/dest would be right around 25,415 (24820+595dest), subtract the 750 would be 24,665.

So your offer of 23,000 and their counter of 23,900 are already below that. This will be interesting to see where you close at. Some highly motivated dealers out there. Thanks for keeping us posted.
  • Options
    carbuyer4646carbuyer4646 Member Posts: 21
    Hi, that is indeed a great price. Would you mind e-mailing me the dealerership name?? We are hoping to buy tomorrow in the d.c area as well. Almost pulled the trigger today, but dealer did not have color we wanted, I am glad I saw your e-mail. Our hotmail e-mail is carbuyer46@hotmail.com. -thanks!
  • Options
    sparky62sparky62 Member Posts: 5
    I actually wasn't "nailed". This is a fully loaded / dressed out, top of the line Accord EX-L. I picked up the car for $416 under Edmond's Invoice (just looking at the car itself) and got a $680 price break on all the options I ordered.

Using invoice pricing for the car and the lowest pricing I could find for all the options (their installation costs not included), the car priced out at $29,431. I got it all for $28,200. That's $1,231 below invoice and that includes the installation of a butt load of options.

Don't forget that the labor used to install ordered options isn't free. With all the stuff I added, one could easily back out another $500 or so from the overall pricing to account for the cost of dressing out the car to the max. As for Doc Fee, everyone pays something. My deal is fine.
  • Options
    Ok. Your doc fee is one of the highest I've seen, and everyone doesn't pay something. Everyone pays DESTINATION CHARGE, however, and it is non-negotiable. Doc fees are pretty well known for being an extra moneymaker for the dealer, as are the dealer-installed options. I've seen many people reccommend buying their accessories online because of the massive markup on them at dealers (and yes I know you got a discount on them, but they made it up at the DOC fee, so it balanced out for 'em).

Let's just say the dealer will be more than happy to do business with you again i the future. The deal (and this is just one opinion) would've been decent 5 months ago, but is probably one of the more expensive ones I've seen on here lately, considering people are getting NAVI-equipped EX-L V6 models for $3k less than your non-navi model. I'm not beating you up personally, just giving my analysis on the deal. YIMV (Your idea may vary) as it is an open forum.
  • Options
    jack47jack47 Member Posts: 312
    Weird thing is the salesperson said he thought the lease terms would be better in April and suggested we wait until Monday to continue the deal

He (they) probably had already met their dealer incentive quota for March and wanted to move any sales into April.

And, obviously, didn't believe the old adage that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
  • Options
    tram1tram1 Member Posts: 3
    Where in MD?. Can you specify the dealer?. I had given the same numbers to one dealer in Rockville and he rejected.
  • Options
    abhinaikabhinaik Member Posts: 29
    Based on the posts in following forum, looks like Accord 08 will be release by May/June.

http://www.vtec.net/forums/one-message?message_id=669481&page_number=1
  • Options
    lcl109lcl109 Member Posts: 1
    I was at Bernardi Honda on Sat looking for a LX V6 Honda Accord . They offered $3750.00 off the sticker price $25795.00 I thought it was a fair deal , so I gave a deposit . But was told I need to pay in full that day .
    I had bought many cars in the past twenty something years, and never ever had to pay in full before I could pick up the car. Anyone , any idea.....................................
  • Options
    I would suspect the dealer knows you would get a better offer elsewhere and wanted to lock you in quick.
  • Options
    I just got called and will go in tonight. They are going to let me have it for 22,500. We will see.

I really think they are trying to get rid of ALL of the 07 accords to try and get the new 08's iin stock. Thanks!
    and I'll let you know what happens tonight.

Monk
  • Options
    isu_wallyisu_wally Member Posts: 6
    2007 Honda Accord SE

MSRP: $22,220.00
    Manufacture Suggested Retail Price: $23,115.00 (as equipped)
    Internet Package included!! Window Tints, Wheel Locks, Cargo Tray and Mud Guards.

My offer Price: $19,495

Selling Price: $19,495.00
    Document Fee 299.00
    Registration Fee 8.00
    Tire Tax 5.00
    Title Fee 4.00
    Postage 1.60
    Lieu Tax 373.29
    Transfer Fee 12.00
    Air Quality Fee 1.90
    Sales Tax (8.1%) 1579.10

Total "Out The Door" $21,766.89
  • Options
    abhinaikabhinaik Member Posts: 29
    Does SE have tinted windows as standard feature??
  • Options
    chetanrchetanr Member Posts: 6
    Hey Coachk1: Can you email me the name of the dealer in Maryland
    at
    chetan_ram2005@yahoo.co.in

Iam in Va and go and pick it up there.Also names of the salesperson and other breakup would be useful

Thanks
  • Options
    vjyvjy Member Posts: 27
    Hi all,

I am planning to buy an Accord. I got a quote for Accord from a local dealer for
    Msrp: $21,520 Invoice: $18,864
    Your Special Internet Price: $17,864.00
    Additional Charges: Freight $595, Processing Fee $289,
    VA Tags $39.50, VA Tax $599.94

I got a quote from another dealer for
    HONDA ACCORD LX 4CYL
    MSRP: $20,925.00
    Internet Price: $17,758.00

Is this a good deal, also I didnt add much features to this yet.

Thanks.
  • Options
    You wrote 22,500, but don't you mean 23,500? You were at 23,000 and they at 23,900 before.
  • Options
    isu_wallyisu_wally Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone have a schedule of what the residual rates are? I'm being offered 56% on a 2007 Honda Accord SE. Does it vary by trim level and with or without options such as Navi?
  • Options
    jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    It's just baseless talk and rumors that were nay-sayed against and poo-pooed even on the site you listed.
  • Options
    I did the deal tonight. I did add the Honda Care 8 year 120k warranty for 1,700. Maybe I should not have done that but it's done. I feel good about the total purchase and hope to have this car for a LONG time.

Thanks,

Monk.
    Lewisville Texas
  • Options
    $24,200 for the car and the warranty is good, but without the warranty, your deal would've been outstanding. The warranty price seems awfully (artificially) high.
  • Options
    I think you had a typo....did you get it for 22,500....or 23,500 (where was inbetween where you were last night) ???
  • Options
    sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    Get your money back and buy it online. Much better deals online.

The Sandman :)
  • Options
    Yes... I am going to cancel. I have 60 days to do it for a full refund. I read this online. Thanks!

Other than that the Car is NICE!
  • Options
    Oh.. they also added the Pro Pack and other dealer adds that made the sticker 28,325. They did not included that in the price. I paid 22,500 plus 5.94% interest plus the warranty which I will cancel. Thanks

Monk
  • Options
    jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    They probably lowered the price of the car in anticipation of making up the profits from the high priced warranty.
  • Options
    Monk,

How did you get down to 22,500? In your post# 14519 from last night, you had offered 23,000, and the dealer was at 23,900.

The dealer called today and offered 22,500....which was below your last offer?

How did this all take place?
  • Options
    With a warranty price of $1700, the dealer still did great.
  • Options
    Something doesn't make sense. If the dealer wasn't willing to go to 23,000 and they were at 23,900......one would think a reasonable middle ground of 23,500 would close the deal.

How and/or why the dealer would go to $500 lower than Monk's last offer (23,000).....just doesn't make much sense, with the info given. I've never had a dealer come in lower than my offer, Monk must be one smooth talker! ..... or he had a really bad salesman!
  • Options
    mguiniossomguiniosso Member Posts: 9
    I'm surprised this is the LX price, currently. Which dealer did you use & where in MD? Thanks!