Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    jcash2dsjcash2ds Member Posts: 29
    This is somewhat of a tangent from the mainstream discussion, but for those of you who've been tracking prices for a while, did your invoice prices happen to change on edmunds.com? Personally, mine is showing 20,196 for the SE auto. I thought a few months ago it was 20,088 , both numbers including destination charge. Also, I am using the same zip code. MSRP same at 22,220.
    :confuse:
  • Options
    dolfan1dolfan1 Member Posts: 218
    I don't know about 2K but yes, you can definitely get an new Accord under invoice. 1K under invoice is not only possible but likely. I had two dealers give me first time quotes (before any haggling) of nearly 1K under. That doesn't mean every dealer you try will do it, but a little shopping around will get you there.
  • Options
    blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    Is that 1k under the msrp on the window?
  • Options
  • Options
    bamaflumbamaflum Member Posts: 39
    No, that is 1-2K under INVOICE. The dealers are getting a $750 incentive plus an 08 allotment incentive to move the 07's. No one should be paying MSRP on Accords and really shouldn't be paying anything over INVOICE right now.

Now, when the 08's come out, don't expect any dealer to go down for a while. You WILL pay MSRP on the new Accords. So, the question is, do you wait and get a newly designed Accord with all new technology or get a fantastic deal on a great car that has been around for 5 years?
  • Options
    tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    I think there's an echo in here. ;)
  • Options
    thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    No, invoice is supposed to represent what the dealer pays for the car (in reality, they get an extra 3% holdback, and right now, $750 factory incentive money).

For example:

A Honda Accord LX Automatic (4-cylinder) has a sticker of $20,925. The invoice of that same car is $18,969. The incentive on that car is $750 (that we know of). This means with a price of about $18,219, the dealer still makes the 3% holdback money, and you get almost $3,000 off sticker, not $1k.
  • Options

They are saying $1000 below invoice. Not too hard to believe with a $750 incentive and the desire to sell lots of 07s to get more 08s when they arrive.
  • Options
    Oh wow, I just saw that it posted my message with that link 3 times. I don't know what happened, I'm pretty positive I didn't post it twice, much less three times!
  • Options
    I'm tellin' ya, grad... it's the echo. :D
  • Options
    Suddenly this forum has become a cave...cave...cave
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,383
    Magically.. it's been fixed... ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!
  • Options
    rik4rik4 Member Posts: 90
    so easy a caveman can do it ehehehehe.
  • Options
    Pegasus said 2k under invoice. This is more than the "known" amounts the dealers have to work with i.e. holdback about 600 to 750 and the published marketing incentive 750. So they must have non published rebates to work with. If Pegasus is right, Sat the 31st would be a great day to grind a deal. But my 02v6 is the best Honda I've had so guess I'll wait till the next "last of the model run" opportunity in 4/5 years and get a diesel.
  • Options
    ck949ck949 Member Posts: 4
    While I was on the phone with a salesman he mumbled to himself while punching up a price for me on his calculator. He clearly talked to himself about both a $750 incentive AND $1000 factory to dealer in March. Now, I am not sure if that is just a local (LA/Orange Cty) or model specific (EX V6 w/Navi) incentive. But it goes a long way to explain the price of $25,488 ($1,733 under the $27,221 invoice) he quoted me.

Funny thing is, he turned out to not be my best quote --- one came in at $24,900 (but only if I bought a red one).
  • Options
    pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    RE: 14466
    I said that the internet sales lady at Bernardi Honda in Natick, Massachusetts http://www.bernardihonda.com/en_US/ told me over the phone that they are at 2k under invoice on all non-hybrid Accords thru Sunday at 5pm. They are the #2 largest dealer in New England and obviously have some additional motive to move Accords this month. Here in OH, 1000 below invoice is the best i can do.
  • Options
    he8833he8833 Member Posts: 52
    Pegasus17

Have u considered seeing how much shipping the car would be. Perhaps you would still come out above the 1000 your seeing in OH
  • Options
    Thank,guys. Very clear now. They apparently do this extra non published incentive deal every time they do a major model change. I got a good price on my 02v6exl like this. Simply do not need another car at this time. I'll wait another 5 years. If I were grinding on sat I'd start at 2k under invoice. Good luck.
  • Options
    rossi1969rossi1969 Member Posts: 1
    JUST BOUGHT A 2007 HONDA ACCORD SE in PALM BAY FLORIDA.

OUT THE DOOR Price of $21,150. This also included adding the MUSIC LINK for IPODS and MP3 players.

Tax was 6%
    Destination $595
    Dealer Prep $395 (They would not budge on this!!)

Sweet car, wife will love it!!
  • Options
    Hate to say it, but sounds a little high, and the dealer prep is bogus.

Wait, you didn't tell us if this is an SE-V6 or an LX-SE (4-cyl)?

That'll make a lot of difference.
  • Options
    REF: 14473
    First, I assume it's the SE 4 cylinder. If that musiclink option is worth $650, then you got a good deal. Here in OH, I'm at 20.5k o-t-d and i am still holding out for more (actually less). i refuse to pay their $250 doc fee. One dealer has 20 SE-4s on his lot and he will see me tomorrow and/or Sunday. I hope to soon forget all this negotiating and enjoy a new car, like you can now!
  • Options
    dolfan1dolfan1 Member Posts: 218
    Right now that is really a difficult decision because we still don't know precisely what the '08 has to offer. Depending on a particular person's needs maybe they should wait for the new model. Things could be so much clearer if Honda would release the details.
  • Options
    maelstrommmaelstromm Member Posts: 5
    Just got home with an SE AT for $19,500 OTD, including destination charge, 3% tax and 399 doc fee. Had a hard time initially bringing the price of the LX AT down to 18,900. It was much easier talking them to $19,500 for the SE AT. All in all, I'm happy with my purchase. I know that people have done better, but I was in a real soup needing a car by this weekend.
    Thanks to all the experts on this forum for all the good tips and advice in making my purchase! :)
  • Options
    abhinaikabhinaik Member Posts: 29
    Just came back with my SE V4 with wheel locks, security, etching, mud flaps, pinstripe OTD 20000 includes 6% PA taxes and 147 fot Title/Tags
  • Options
    REF 14478
    That is an excellent deal. I hope to get a similar deal tomorrow here in OH (6.5% sales tax). BTW, the 4 cylinder model is an inline 4 (I-4); tough to find a V-4. Enjoy your new car!
  • Options
    Thanks Pegasus

Correction it is I-4, AT. We are so exited with this car.

Forgot to mention, I also got, 1 oil change free and free lifetime Pa inspection.
  • Options
    rodtxrodtx Member Posts: 7
    Which site is good to check invoice prices? I checked on Edmunds and it shows invoice price for I4 SE auto as 19601, excluding destination. My dealer has so far offered me 19446 including destination.
  • Options
    $19446 is a good price I think, with destination included and NO OTHER FEES other than Tax, Title, and License.

This is without a trade in, right?
  • Options
    maelstrommmaelstromm Member Posts: 5
    After reading through the site, I would say that is a good price considering I got the same for 19500 OTD. Just make sure they don't sucker you into believing they pay more than that to buy the car. The invoice should be 19601 without dest. Just don't believe them if they say they're going with KBB values, coz thats what I was being fed and all the other sites including Edmunds said it should be lower.
  • Options
    I got 18840 including destination for SE. taxes & ttl extra. this also includes accessories LIkE mud flaps, whee locks

bargain with them more
  • Options
    brhbrh Member Posts: 2
    Got the car in Georgia for 22000.00 plus 399.00 Doc Fee plus taxes.
    No haggle price. I say it was no haggle. I looked at Carsdirect and got their price and called a dealer, quite a ways away from me, and told him I could what I could get it for and he made me an offer for 411.00 less. Didn't want to spend any more time than I already had so I went with it.
  • Options
    dave128dave128 Member Posts: 14
    It looks like they just subtracted that advertised $750 incentive from the invoice. There's still money on the table.....go after that unpublished factory incentive money, I thought it was $1000.
  • Options
    Also, Honda Finance is offering 4.9%/60 on all Accords through today, at least in Pennsylvania.
  • Options
    Dave,what do you know re the 1000? Thanks.
  • Options
    sircaralotsircaralot Member Posts: 10
    which honda dealer in Georgia? what is the total price you paid for the car including everything? thanks
  • Options
    brhbrh Member Posts: 2
    Hughes Honda in Warner Robins. Not a huge car lot. 130 miles south of my home.
    + 399 doc fee
    + 21.00 Title fee (forgot about this in original post)
    + 1343.94 tax

23763.94 total. The MSRP was 25745

Maybe I could have gotten it even lower. The salesman said they were concentrating on moving accords. My first attempt to buy a car was in Gwinnett County. They "wrote up" the same car for over 2700.00 (included 999.00 for the protection package). I think I got a fair deal. Someone who tows a harder line may get better. The folks at this dealership were very good. Did try to sell me an extended warranty, but not a hard sell. The salesman had been there 21 years. I am not sure but think when I told them on the phone I was so far away they were easier to deal with.
  • Options
    Sweeeeeeet deal.......

I figure that to be $1381 BELOW INVOICE. There's obviously more than the published $750 incentive at work here.
  • Options
    brelebrele Member Posts: 1
    Just got a 07 4 cyl auto trans accord SE in frisco, TX(DavidMcDavid). Silver, Grey cloth interior. I did not add any options.
    $20,000 OTD.
    Wanted a 4 cyl LX auto for $19500 OTD but he pushed the SE for $20K.Dealer didnt have the 4 cyl auto LX and would not sell me one for $19.5K OTD
    Dealer had pinstripe, paint protection, mudguards and trunk hard mat as addons.
  • Options
    coachk1coachk1 Member Posts: 8
    I feel like I negotiated a good price on a 2007 LX AT, what do you think?

16,313 price
    49 destination
    595 processing
    848 tax
    195 tags
    18,000 total

The price included about a $1,000 of (overpriced) dealer installed options such as appearance package, mud guard, and wheel locks.
  • Options
    I think you bludgeoned them. :)
  • Options
    I figure that to be $1381 BELOW INVOICE.

Actually, not quite. I think he realizes he could have done better. Invoice, including destination is $23,381. The Doc Fee is pure dealer profit so add $399 to his $22,000 price and you get $22, 399. With the $750 dealer incentive it still isn't bad, although others are reporting even more off. I figure no one can really complain about 1K less than invoice. ;)
  • Options
    49 destination
    595 processing

I think you have these number reversed. :)
  • Options
    dougnot4gonedougnot4gone Member Posts: 5
    New 2007 Honda Accord V6 EX-L - dealer offering $23,962 Sounds good. Does not include tax, license, etc.
  • Options
    rujorujo Member Posts: 137
    I'd be quite happy with that deal! What part of the country are you in?
  • Options
    Southern California
  • Options
    Got another quote for $23,614 + plus fees Appears they are discounting them because the 2008 is coming out. Tempting. Need to decide whether to buy (which I have always done) or lease.
  • Options
    isu_wallyisu_wally Member Posts: 6
    Just discovered this forum tonight...

I visited a Honda dealership today with the intention of leasing a new Accord. I test drove and was ready to do the deal. Weird thing is the salesperson said he thought the lease terms would be better in April and suggested we wait until Monday to continue the deal. Why in the world would a dealer want to do this?? I read on this forum about the incredible deals going on for new Accords - all the manufacturer to dealer incentives. Do those incentives not apply to leases? Is it possible the incentives are getting even sweeter in April? Any ideas?? I'm in Arizona if it matters.
  • Options
    He must know something. They seem so eager to clear out the Accords I wonder if the new one is going to debut a little early?
  • Options
    rujorujo Member Posts: 137
    The current lease offers on Honda's website show an expiration of 4/30/07. So it appears what's currently available will continue - perhaps they'll add something else? Maybe this dealer had a great March . . . and now wants to make sure April looks good!