Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    ballroomdancerballroomdancer Member Posts: 34
    By fully loaded did your price include the 6 cylinder with Navigation? Here are the options I am including in my price shopping:_______Extended Eight (8) year Warranty (120,000 mile Honda Care Service Warranty)
    _______Paint Protection AND Leather Protection
    _______Rear Wing Spoiler
    _______Fog Lights
    _______Door Edge Guards (white) AND Fenderwell Trim (white)
    _______Splash Guard Set (black)
    _______Pin Stripe (Double black lines without Honda Logo)
    _______Hood Switch Kit (security system)
    _______Wheel Locks

Does this pretty much match what you got for $28,200 (and did that price include tax, tag, etc.?) Thanks for letting me know.
  • Options
    indiomonkindiomonk Member Posts: 28
    My salesman was on the job for 8 days not counting Sunday. He sold 8 cars in 8 working days. He called me this afternoon to come in and said we can do it for what you want. Then he said 22,900 right? I said I really wanted 22,500. So we did 22,500 or the Dealer and I did 22,500. The sales guy was young but Eager. I really did not need a car and said to myself that I would try 22,500 because someone a while back on this forum said they did it. I feel like I got a great deal and would rather own this than a Sonata v6 limited, which I was looking at also. All I know is that when I walked in today to the Dealer all the Managers were looking at me kinda Pissed Off.. They would talk to the Sales guy and then look at me. I acted like I did not see them. I was VERY skeptical that they would do the deal and thought they would do a switch a roo for a lower model but they gave me what I wanted. Thanks to the forum and to all the tire kickers who will be buyers.... Good Luck.
  • Options
    kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Excellent....congrat's !!
  • Options
    bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    I found a dealership, that is not a traditional dealership that makes commission, this place does not, and offered me a great deal on a 07 EX-L navi, $23k, Also if you want a FULLY loaded one with navi,V6 that would be $25k, Hybrids are priced low too. They had excellent customer service. There was no pressure. Although far away for me, but they ship the car to you, and handle your trade over the phone, definately worth it. AWESOME prices. Mike Patton Honda, they are located in Georgia. Check it out, if you want a great deal. I did not get a car from them though, because I want the 08 accord this fall. Although 07's have great deals!! Check out their inventory.
  • Options
    bobafettbobafett Member Posts: 9
    It sounds like there is a $750 factory to dealer incentive these days. I would try to get something like $18000 before taxes and tags. Make them roll the freight and fee into the price, they can separate it out on the final buyers order, but you will get the best deal if you negotiate from a price before taxes and tags.
    Instead of 17864+289+595.
    Try for 18000+0.
    Taxes and tags should always be kept separate.
    I got an EXL for exactly $750 below invoice using this method. They itemized fees and freight on the paperwork which actually made my price for the car look even better.
    Good Luck
  • Options
    pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    ref 14541
    Residuals do vary quite a bit based on several factors (model, mileage). No one publishes a list so as to confuse the potential buyers. The 56% rate you mention is for an Se-4, 36 months and 12k miles per year. Subtract 2% for a 15k/year lease. FYI, the SE-V6 has a 59% residual for the same 36 month term resulting in a very similar if not lower lease payment. I was close to pulling the trigger on an SE-V6 but had a bad test drive experience. Will try again soon.
  • Options
    vjyvjy Member Posts: 27
    Thanks for the reply. I am also looking at Hyundai Sonata GLS with sports package, and the dealer price was 15,640.00, not including the taxes, tags and processing fees.

Is it better to have Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with Traction Control System (TCS) as Hyundai has them built in. Do we really need it? I am trying to decide which car would be good for me as I trying to save some money, but still I would like a long, reliable car with little worries.

Thanks
  • Options
    doug52doug52 Member Posts: 25
    From everything I have read, vehicle stability control can be a real life-saver, and it is likely to become standard in the very near future on most cars, perhaps including I4 accords in 08. That is one reason why I continue to waffle between a V6 accord (more than I need or want, but vsc std) and an I4 SE or EX (vsc not available). The other reason is that prices here in Denver for either seem much higher than most other parts of the country.

I looked (several times) at the Hyundai Sonata as well - it is a much better car these days, has vsc and other standard features, liked the way it drove and the low price, but even the outside door handle seemed loose (salesman told me it was normal). Probably just negative hyundai bias on my part, but I concluded that the accord was ultimately the better value.

Best of luck.
  • Options
    carquote1carquote1 Member Posts: 25
    I'm confused about the invoice price of the 07 Accord Special Edition V6 Sedan. Edmunds and KBB have it as 21,160 + 595 destination for a total of $21,755 however autos.msn, autos.yahoo.com and newcar.com all have it as $21,043 + $595 destination for a total of $21,638. Anyone know where there is the variation and what the correct invoice is. Also I know there is the $750 dealer incentive, but what other hold backs/incentives are there as I have heard of many people getting the 07 Accord for $1,000 - $2,000 below invoice. Thanks!
  • Options
    gtg2007gtg2007 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I just agreed to purchase an 07 EX-L with navi, alabaster/black leather for 23,661 before TTL. I had to take the 154 mud guards and 199 pinstripe but felt that I was getting a good deal so I went for it.

It was 22713 EX-L, Add
    595 destination
    199 (un wanted pinstriping = profit)
    154 (mud guards = fine I'll do it)

Pre- tax total 23661.

There appear to more deals out there. This was the max I was willing to pay for the car or I would have walked. I visited the show room then did the rest via email while travelling. This forum is a valuable asset. Thanks for all that contribute.
  • Options
    stevehechtstevehecht Member Posts: 96
    Edmunds and KBB have it as 21,160 + 595 destination for a total of $21,755 however autos.msn, autos.yahoo.com and newcar.com all have it as $21,043 + $595 destination for a total of $21,638

The second one is correct, or at least it was when I bought my SE V6 in November. This is the best time to get a good deal and still have a decent shot at getting the SE you want if a less common color is your preference. If color doesn't matter hold on a bit longer and you'll get a better deal into the summer. I think from around this point on the availability of certain colors for the SE will begin to shrink. Royal Blue Pearl is one of them, I know. I got mine over four months ago for $500+ below invoice, so now with an incentive in place $1500 below shouldn't be much of a problem.
  • Options
    gccm_201gccm_201 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Can you send me the dealer and salesperson to wgo2008@yahoo.com ?

Thanks.
  • Options
    stevehechtstevehecht Member Posts: 96
    I'll just put my $0.02 in on this. Unless you're very large the bucket seat on the Accord is just too deep for most folks, including me. (Being a chiropractor it's my considered opinion that most bucket seats suck and do more harm than good for peoples' backs. FWIW) I use (and recommend) a 2-3" wedge pillow to sit on, which eliminates most of the strain from the V-dip in the bucket. It also allows the seat back to provide more lumbar support, especially if you keep the seat back up straight (or straighter). Ideal position, imo, is to have a 90 degree angle between the cushion and the seat back with a wedge pillow to sit on. You should be sitting up real straight so that your head comfortably rests on the head support. I support myself with one elbow on the center console (the top slides forward) and one elbow on the door (window sill or arm rest).
  • Options
    isu_wallyisu_wally Member Posts: 6
    Just brought home my new Accord. Many thanks to everyone contributing to this forum... it definitely helped me negotiate.

MSRP (incl $595 dest fee)....... $22,220
    Negotiated Price................ $18,995

Paid $3,225 below MSRP and $1,351 below invoice.

Only paid $299 doc fee plus title, license, registration, 8.1% sales tax (total of $2,231.36)

Total OTD....................... $21,226.36

Details:

"Internet Package" included Window Tints, Wheel Locks, Cargo Tray and Mud Guards at no cost.

I provided my own financing, so was able to get the $750 mfg to dealer incentive and most of the $648.75 holdback subtracted from invoice price.
  • Options
    coachk1coachk1 Member Posts: 8
    purchased at Jim Coleman
  • Options
    Jim Coleman in Clarksville Md
  • Options
    I negotiated $18k flat after ev erything including taxes & tags.
  • Options
    purchased at Jim Coleman in clarksville md
  • Options
    gmat182gmat182 Member Posts: 5
    Has anyone been able to determine whether the factory-to-dealer cash on Accords is still in effect for April? Is it still $750?

Looks like "isu_wally" got it, but he might have negotiated his deal before the end of March...
  • Options
    mattgg1mattgg1 Member Posts: 191
    isu wally -

You probably could have done better. You paid a total of $19,294 + TTL for the car. I bought the same car one year ago, when there was no incentive, for only $106 more than you paid.
  • Options
    Well, the deal is done. I didn't see anyone else on these boards doing considerably better in the past month. I don't know the circumstances under which you bought your car, but I got mine for more than a $1,000 under invoice, which many people on these boards say is very fair. I honestly don't believe my dealer made any money on this car. They showed me documents with a house gross of -$540.41. Bottom line is that if I hadn't found these message boards I probably would have negotiated down from MSRP and paid more than I did.
  • Options
    I did not negotiate my purchase in March. Didn't even contact the dealer until April 1. The $750 incentive is good through the end of April. Edmunds.com list a mfg to dealer incentive of $750 good through the end of April with the restrictions that "Vehicles sold utilizing this incentive program DO NOT qualify for Special AHFC Lease/Purchase Plans or Regional 2007 Accord Special AHFC APR." I know my dealer wasn't going to give me the $750 off if I leased or financed through Honda.
  • Options
    jcash2dsjcash2ds Member Posts: 29
    In regards to mattgg1's reply, don't take it to heart. As long as you are comfortable with your price and you enjoy the car, don't even worry about comparing other prices. There will always be the possibility of someone paying less, meaning the other someone will have to pay more. I keep telling myself, "if i only waited 2 more months, or if i waited 3 more months" i could've saved 500 bucks, which is a substantial amount to me ! But hey, i wouldn't have had a car all this time :)

No biggie, have fun with the car. Me on the other hand...my mileage isn't so hot, but that's another issue altogether. :blush:
  • Options
    blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    Thanks for posting. You got a good deal and it's done so enjoy. There is always somebody to spoil your fun w/ a claimed "better deal" forget 'em. :)
  • Options
    jcash2ds -

I think you missed the point of my post.

Of course, isu_wally should not take anything to heart that is posted on this forum, it's just an informational pricing discussion.

But you mention, "dont even worry about comparing other prices." Yet the sole purpose of this forum is to post prices and compare them with what others are paying.

THe point of my post was to let people know that they should be able to get an Accord SE 4 cyl Auto for less than $19,200, especially with the $750 incentive now available.
  • Options
    blufz1 -

No need to be so sensitive and sour about my post. I wasn't trying to "spoil" anyone's fun. I think most people use this forum to get a good deal on a car. I was simply letting people know that they should probably be shooting for a lower price on these cars.
  • Options
    blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    Sensitive yes,sour,no. :)
  • Options
    rxrookierxrookie Member Posts: 10
    What is a good price for the Accord Ex-L 4Cyl, Leather, 4dr - the MSRP is 25645 and Invoice is 23291. Any input on how much folks in the DC/MD/VA area have been paying for this car is appreciated.
  • Options
    gtg2007gtg2007 Member Posts: 2
    I just took delivery at 4350 off MSRP on EX-L 4 cyl, w. navi in Chicago area. I think it was about not quite 2k below invoice.

I paid 23308 for the model car then added some dealer installed options that were prefit on the car.

The deals are improving as the 08's approach. Please consider an offer at least 1500-2000 off invoice. They are still making money, while trading inventory for cash. You can always come up but rarely can go down. If they don't do it walk, and try the next dealer. They want the sale and they want the potential future service revenue too if you are local. Hey they make money on warranty as they get reimbursed by Honda at an agreed upon rate that exceeds their direct costs as well. Trouble is they rarely have warranty compared to the US majors.
  • Options
    jbl8jbl8 Member Posts: 40
    I bought SE V6 for 20500 include dest, TTL and doc fee extra. 5K extra for EX is kind of ok to me, but the differences are Nav., Leather, and Moonroof. I heard tht SE V6 is below $20K at this moment.

Car price is too fuzzy. :lemon:
  • Options
    Hey mattgg1 , no harm intended.
    I should've made it clearer. I meant after purchasing the vehicle, one doesn't need to lose sleep over what others are paying later down the road.
    Definitely with you on using the forum for ideas of a reasonable price. When I first start receiving quotes, I was thinking "WOw !! 19,473 + 595 is a great price ! Waay below msrp !!" Then I found this forum...rude awakening to reality, but thankfully saved me many hundreds of dollars.
    O my car price was 18.6 or so, last year.
  • Options
    jcash2ds -

What did you buy? I searched for the post of your Accord purchase in this forum and didn't find anything?
  • Options
    I have had no luck finding a dealer in the NY area to give a good deal on an 07 Accord SE sedan. One dealer is telling me he'll give it to me for invoice. This after having told him I know that there is a $750 dealer incentive as well as a dealer holdback. The same dealer is telling me "The New Accord Design will not be available until at least Spring of 2008 as per AHMC for 2009 Model Year" This contradicts everything that I have read.
  • Options
    mdkodmdkod Member Posts: 5
    Can you tell me which dealership in SoCal? And who is the person you are working with. email MDKOD@aol.com. Thank you.
  • Options
    What did you buy? I searched for the post of your Accord purchase in this forum and didn't find anything?

i got a 07 SE I4 auto. I really wish I had purchased the V6 SE. I figured a car this heavy should have disc brakes, which is why I skipped over the LX. EX- unnecessary features, personally, for too much money. V6 SE would've been perfect comb of price/power for me. Eh, nothing i can do about it now. Maybe one day when I have money :P
    Though a manual trans would have made it much more enjoyable...
  • Options
    c130mikec130mike Member Posts: 5
    I just bought a 4 cyl EXL sedan no navi on 31 March. I paid $22,200. I also ended up getting the 4.9% financing for 60 mos. This turned out to be an accident (I got $750 cash back and the promo finance rate-supposedly it was supposed to be one or the other). They called me Monday asking me to pay the difference. I, of course, declined. It may not be the best deal out there, but this board definitely saved me $500 from their original offer that I walked away from. I came back two weeks later and got this deal.
  • Options
    rik4rik4 Member Posts: 90
    others had the same problem. just email dealers in pennsyltucky and drove over to get it. they are giving good deals to move them out.
  • Options
    bittergirlbittergirl Member Posts: 2
    I've been reading some of these posts. I apologize if I sound redundant but I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. This will be my first new car purchase on my own. I am interested in the accord lx auto I got a auto quote for $20,520 plus Tax, License, Document fee, Vin etching and Dealer installed accessories. How low would I be able to go for on an LX model?
  • Options
    dreamchaser321dreamchaser321 Member Posts: 24
    For an Accord LX...don't go higher than 18,000 before taxes, lincense, etc.
  • Options
    tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    I am interested in the accord lx auto

Bittergirl

First, read whatever you can on Edmunds or elsewhere on how to negotiate. You'll get more comfortable and the knowledge will come in handy.

You aren't specific in your post so I'm assuming you mean the 4 cyl LX sedan. Invoice plus Destination charge is $19,564 for this car. With a $750 dealer incentive, the $20,520 quote you received is way out of line. Vin etching is a waste, IMHO, and document fees are pure profit for the dealer. If they insist on tacking on a doc fee, have them reduce the price of that car by that much. Tax and license can't be negotiated.

As for accessories, you have to make that choice. Many dealers install them because of the extra profit they can make. Many people refuse to pay for them and end up getting them for free as they are already on the car. DON'T pay for anything you truly do not want.

If they are telling the truth, many posters seem to be getting at least $1000 below invoice on new Accords right now so I suggest you turn down this offer and shop around. Chances are this dealer will offer less if you show your willingness to walk.
  • Options
    I think I am going to try a different tactic and instead of asking for the dealer's lowest price just make an offer. What would be a good offer on a 07 Accord Se V6 Auto Sedan? Thanks for the advice!
  • Options
    bittergirlbittergirl Member Posts: 2
    Yes your rightI'm looking at the most basic LC sedan 4cyl. Thanks for your advice!
  • Options
    I think I am going to try a different tactic and instead of asking for the dealer's lowest price just make an offer.

Sounds like a bobst method convert!

All you (or anyone else) has to do is look at Edmunds or another site to see what the invoice + destination price is ($21,755 in this case). Subtract the current dealer incentive ($750) and then add tax, license, and any other "must pay" fees. Then offer that amount. If you read what others are saying here (and if they are accurate in how they report various fees and aren't trading a vehicle), you can make an even lower offer. Just be prepared for the salesperson to add a doc fee or other cost.

If you are interested in negotiating, start a bit lower and play the game. If you are looking for a fair price for you and the dealer and just want to do it quickly, be reasonable. But be prepared to walk out if you are turned down. Bobst claims that the last couple of times he used his method, the salesperson chased him out to his car and accepted the offer. If they don't, you can go to another dealer and either ask for the same amount or bump it up.

Good luck!
  • Options
    You're welcome... good luck! Let us know how it goes.

But why so bitter?? :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply. I see you have the invoice as 21,160 which is what edmunds has it for, but autos.msn, autos.yahoo and newcar.com have it as 21,043 both not including the $595 destination. Can anyone confirm if there is in fact a dealer hold back and if so how much it is. I am looking for a fair price but am confused at my local dealers lack of response to any offer lower than invoice. I guess I'm looking for the magic number that the dealer will accept but that is in line with the deals than everyone else seems to be getting.
  • Options
    Everyone's idea of "invoice" is slightly different. It just provides a good starting point. There are so many variables that go into the true price of a car like how long it has been sitting on the lot, the demand for that trimline, etc. The $750 dealer incentive is still in effect. Holdback varies but if all the stars are aligned it is about 3% on the Accord. I suggest that you don't even worry about holdback. It is only one of the variables and it can change due to many factors.

There are also incentives for sales staff to sell cars to meet goals. Someone may take a loss on a car just to make a goal that will bring in a big bonus. That's why many people suggest that you wait until the end of the month to deal. It is also why someone may post a killer deal that will be impossible for you to duplicate.

There is no "magic number". Someone will always get your model for less than you pay and someone will always pay more. Where you live is also a huge factor. It is easier to get a good price in some areas because of competition, etc. Are you willing to drive? For some folks, even a one-way plane ticket is worth a better deal. I've negotiated over the phone and drove to another state for my last two cars. That had more to do with trimline availability but it is still an option for some.
  • Options
    rujorujo Member Posts: 137
    To provide an additional data point for you, carquote1: This week I received an internet quote of $19,783 for the SE-V6. This is a cash price (can't use Honda's special finance or lease rates). There's no "here's where I make my profit" dealer fee with this, either. Simply tax, license, and doc. fee of $55. Geography factor: I'm in California.

I haven't pulled the trigger because I want to lease (which jumps the price up), and this dealer initially was using the wrong residuals - so we stumbled around a bit. We shall see . . .
  • Options
    That seems to be a great deal. I would think that deals available in California could be had in New York since the cost of living is equally ridiculous ;) How did you get that price? Did you make the offer or did they come in at that price. That price includes the destination charge of $595? There must be some sort of other incentive because that is less than invoice minus the $750 and 3% holdback.
  • Options
    I don't know much about NY but from what I've read about CA, it is extremely competitive and some of the best prices posted here come from that state, especially So Cal. Many others can't get those prices in their areas. I don't know why.
  • Options
    rujorujo Member Posts: 137
    Quote said it "included destination". I got the quote simply by responding to the get-a-quote box on the dealer's website. Note that there's been quite a bit of talk about an extra $1000 available to dealers, in addition to the $750 (plus up to $300 per car depending upon volume). When I said I wanted to lease, price went up $1000 - which was not a surprise - the quote clearly said it was for a cash deal.