Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    Some of that is just different negotiated prices among individual buyers and salespeople as well as supply and demand of individual models. Wasn't the Odyssey in really short demand in many places in 2000?
    There are wild variations in prices from one deal to the next even for the exact same model car at the same dealership.
    Then you have people posting prices here who are not mentioning important aspects of their deals such as whether or not they had a trade-in or what dealer accessories they purchased or whether they financed through the dealer's finance source. Even when two people buy or lease through the same dealer finance source (such as Honda Finance), one may mark up on the finance rates more, allowing the dealer to make more make more money on financing and then reduce the selling price of the car.
    All these things affect how much the dealerships will discount the new car and makes prices posted without all the detail behind it useless.
  • Options
    blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    If you want to get a buy. You've got to buy what their sellin'.
  • Options
    yxk9969yxk9969 Member Posts: 12
    Does your price include Destination charge also?
  • Options
    Does your price include destinatin charge?
  • Options
    dviganodvigano Member Posts: 3
    I love this car - unfortunately my wife is now driving it! Honda makes great vehicles and this is no exception. We purchased the Accord used from a Honda dealership in Peoria, Arizona. The price was right, but the dealer was overly pushy (as if this is a revelation to someone). We ended up buying it for low blue book and getting a fair amount for our trade. Overall, I've been very satisfied with the sales group, service team and dealership in general.
  • Options
    dalindalin Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for sharing at this web.
    Just bought one OTD 18,200. Although seen low price at 17350 in VA, but felt it's more expensive in Florida.The dealer did some tiny work on the body to protect the door from scratch which I don't mind but they ask for so-called appearance packge. Maybe a $50-100 value if you need it. Although I don't need it but I cannot wipe it off from teh car.
    Good luck to all guys for buying a good car!
  • Options
    peaches63peaches63 Member Posts: 9
    I purchased a 2004 Certified Accord EX w/leather 22K miles for $16,500 before taxes, title/license a few days ago. Due to high gas prices, I wanted the 4 cylinder sedan because I liked the ride on the test drive. What are your thoughts on this deal? :)
  • Options
    hostnesshostness Member Posts: 22
    I searched through the forum so I have a general idea, but..

Has anyone recently purchased a SE or LX in the bay area, CA (i'm in the east bay)? What are the (best) prices you've seen for these?

I'm looking to buy hopefully by the end of this week but I don't know of any good dealers here. I was going to buy it in SoCal but things didn't work out so I have to buy it up here so I'm really clueless. If anyone could help that'd be great.
  • Options
    big_oilbig_oil Member Posts: 2
    I am ready to buy a new Accord EX-L, V6 (no nav). I hope to get a price of OTD for $25,000 in the greater Houston, TX area.

Any comments of if this is possible?
  • Options
    hondabuyer99hondabuyer99 Member Posts: 2
    Im new here.....

Im really trying to decide whether to buy an 07 or wait for the 08....but honestly I dont know if I like the 08 from the spyshots i have seen. My brother got an awesome deal on an 07 EXL V6 Sedan.....

What do you guys think?
  • Options
    nircdocnircdoc Member Posts: 26
    A couple points:

If you are sure you want an EX-L V6, does the price matter? Also when do you want the car? I recently got a great deal on an '07 and I didnt consider an '08 for several reasons. Cost - the '08's are going to be selling at MSRP when they hit the showrooms, an '07 now can be had for $1000-$1500 below invoice (which is $3000 below MSRP) - alot of money in my book, and that price you can get an Acura, also if you wanted to wait a while the '08's will probably level out by Dec-Jan but I dont see the '07's going much lower than now. Also I needed a car now and wasnt going to wait. Some of the new features are nice but were not deal breakers for me, I am happy with my '07 knowing a saved a ton of cash!

my 2 cents
    Good luck with the car
  • Options
    georgporschegeorgporsche Member Posts: 12
    I purchased an 07 SE 4cyl Auto in Columbus Ohio for 17,300. This price includes destination, but does not include tax and title.
  • Options
    hondabuyer99hondabuyer99 Member Posts: 2
    Seems you and i are thinking along the same lines.

Also, I called the Dealer my brother bought from and they are having a "Cost" sale through Thursday.....so they have an EXLV6 Accord right now for 24,337....plus TTL...in the color I want.
  • Options
    jimfireftrjimfireftr Member Posts: 26
    George may i ask what dealer/contact in Columbus? I am in the market for the same vehicle in Ohio. Please email me ohcarguy@yahoo.com
    Thanks
  • Options
    nircdocnircdoc Member Posts: 26
    I got mine for 23695 at the end of April. (Price did not include TTL), they had many on the lot so you should be able to get a good deal.
  • Options
    I just saw $17,300 included dest. charge for same model SE, Auto, 4 Cyl.in Ohio.
    Can I get same price for SE, Auto, 4 Cyl in New Jersey?
    What do you think folks about that price?
    I may deal with $18,000 incl. dest. charge so far based on my research. But, $17,300 is possible in NJ inclde dest. charge in this times?
  • Options
    vnh84vnh84 Member Posts: 10
    I want to get a EX-L V6 w/Nav for $25,000 before TTL. I will be looking in the Sacramento/Bay Area. Anyone thinks this price is possible?

So far, I've only seen EX-L V6 w/out Nav for $23,300 on this board.
  • Options
    mayurjshahmayurjshah Member Posts: 37
    I'm looking for the same car in the NJ/PA area...I just started looking, but maybe we can help each other? You can email me at ibcd@hotmail.com.

The $18K you mentioned above...is that a quote you have or just your target price. My recent experience is that dealers are even reluctant to sell the LX for 18.2K including destination, in the NJ/PA area!
  • Options
    doug4321doug4321 Member Posts: 27
    If you reread my last message,I am not giving advice.I stated a fact and how I will react in further car buying senarios.Also,I do not walk into a dealership with a confrontational attitude,it develops as the deal goes down.End of this discussion.
  • Options
    Wow, 17,300 is a great price. Anyone get similar prices or is this just a rare good find?

Also, why do internet sales managers always insist that you talk to them only? Is it any different from them just trying to make a sale or is there something else?
  • Options
    Just target price based on my research.
    I got quote $18401 for the SE.
  • Options
    Thanks...if that price is for the Auto SE including destination would you mind telling me the dealer? If you don't want to post it here, for any reason, you can email me at mayurjshah @ hotmail.com. Thank you in advance...

I'm contacting dealers today, so I'll share information that I get. Thanks!
  • Options
    rujorujo Member Posts: 137
    I recommend contacting Anderson Honda in Palo Alto. I don't have current price info but have found them to be competitive and gimmick-free. If you wish, email me for the name and number of the person I've dealt with (she's professional and straightforward).
  • Options
    The lowest I got for that in the East coast is 17K (stripped down car)...looking for a 2nd car now. I already bought the VP Accord, Auto (with protection package - guards, flaps, and steel ring for tail pipe) for 16300 + TTL on the West Coast.
  • Options
    try Open Road Honda in Edison.
    But I am looking for Better than that because it is little tricky on Dest. Charge.
  • Options
    when you say tricky, I'm assuming you mean destination charge may not be included?
  • Options
    We just bought an 07 Accord SE Auto (4-dr, 4-cyl) for 18750 (including destination)+TTL, including wheel locks in the Northeast. Just adding more 'real prices paid' to the forum.
  • Options
    aristotlearistotle Member Posts: 123
    Hi Chromatin317,
    Can you name the 4 dealers please. Whose price is the lowest? I may be in for another Accord ( may be a VP ) in a month or two.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    bigwave1001bigwave1001 Member Posts: 3
    I am going to buy an Accord soon and looking for people with the same intent to form a buyer group in hope for some decent discounts. We do not have to buy the same cars as long as we go to the same dealership. If you are interested, please email me at usbz@hotmail.com. I live in Columbus, Ohio and willing to travel to other metro Ohio cities. I am also flexible with other makes of cars, such as Toyato or Subaru.
  • Options
    hd9691hd9691 Member Posts: 18
    There are some one on this board get the EX-L V6 w/o navigation for 22.5k plus TTL. This weekend has a big sale, I want to get one.
    Last time I help a friend got a SE V6 OTD 21.5K. no trade in at all.
  • Options
    I also not hesitate to give them a lower offer and see what they will do, if it is good then hey I will save tons of $$. I have seen dealer make 3k off someone that don't know jack in purchasing a car.
  • Options
    tsx200tsx200 Member Posts: 16
    "There are some one on this board get the EX-L V6 w/o navigation for 22.5k plus TTL. This weekend has a big sale, I want to get one.
    Last time I help a friend got a SE V6 OTD 21.5K. no trade in at all."

What area are you in? What is the name of the dealer?
  • Options
    Excuse me! But I don't believe you can buy a SE auto for $2800-2900 under invoice on a straight up buy. There must have been a trade involved. Or? ;)
  • Options
    chromatin317chromatin317 Member Posts: 14
    i can't say the dealers name i think but the dealer is in Alhambra, CA theres only one big dealer there u should be able to find it easily... thats the only one i got good quotes from i looked in el monte and monrovia but they had high prices but offered better service
  • Options
    he8833he8833 Member Posts: 52
    Personally I like post 14628, people who are serious about sharing should format their post like this one,,,,you can really get a feel for the market

zink88, "Honda Accord: Prices Paid & Buying Experience" #14628, 7 Apr 2007 7:12 pm
  • Options
    alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    As I recall about a month ago you posted purchasing a VP model for $17,308.00 and now you purchased an SE model for $8.00 less? I'm just curious as to whether you had a trade-in that affected the deal as that is quite a discount.
  • Options
    No no no....This was the same purchase, an 07 VP auto for 17,300. I thought I was replying to another VP price thread.
  • Options
    I luv being proved right!
  • Options
    I am in Bay Area, CA.
    I help my friend bought the SE V6 Accord at Hayward Honda.
  • Options
    alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Thanks for clearing that up.
  • Options
    I went back to my original post and saw that I actually put "SE" instead of "VP" in my post. I can't believe I made that mistake and I really appologize for all the confusion this caused.
  • Options
    No problem,man.
  • Options
    prsiiprsii Member Posts: 15
    Great forum!
    Anyone have thoughts on what a reasonable dealer profit should be?
    %Profit = (car price* - dealer cost)/dealer cost

*car price does not include taxes, title, registration

So what's a reasonable % profit? 1%, 2%, 5%, something else?
  • Options
    kilnkiln Member Posts: 41
    After looking at older posts, the median price for an SE V6 seems to be $20300. Is this a reasonable price to offer a dealer? Too low or Too high....

$20300 + tax would come to approx. $400.00 a month at 60 months 4.9%

The prices were based on what people claimed to pay. I have no idea if these included doc or destination fees.
  • Options
    rujorujo Member Posts: 137
    Here in the last days of the current generation Accord the concept of "reasonable profit" goes out the window. Dealers are selling cars for well below invoice, and the only way to assure you get a competitive price is to go thru posts on this forum and the leasing forum and see what prices/quotes others are reporting. Then get some email quotes from several dealers in your area to see how your local market stacks up.
  • Options
    kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    The problem I have with "a reasonable profit", is that it is built on dealerships "unreasonable (IMO) costs". Why dealers spend the millions of dollars on top of the line car showcases, is beyond me. Anybody buying a vehicle there is ultimately paying for a piece of that facility, as all of that fixed costs is allocated back as a cost allocation against each car.

Don't need marble, chrome, and bling.
  • Options
    I'm looking for a i4 to buy within the next few days, so i'm not sure if this will help.

But my best offer right now for a SE i4 auto is $18600 (Bay Area, CA), which is invoice including destination

This is well below invoice of $20,200 w/ destination, and I'm probably going to just jump on this offer without trying to haggle much down, b/c it was the best price from an internet sales person.

Is there anything I can say to get this lower, or get any extras (floor mats, etc.?). And this other dude called me today saying he'd beat that price and he's been the only one pushing for me to buy (by tomorrow or weekend hopefully). I'm just curious, what's in it for him? He seems like a shaky, not shady, sales guy who's young and new to this, not confident at all. So, I'm not too sure.

Just any comments on this would be appreciated.

Also, when paying 'cash' how do people actually pay for it?
  • Options
    dtp3dtp3 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a Honda Accord LX 4 cyl AT in Olathe, KS (suburb of Kansas City) for $18,779 out the door ($18,550 + $229 doc fee). Did I get taken?
  • Options
    just paid 18750 + TTL for the SE you mention (including mud guards, door guards, and wheel locks) on the EAST coast. I also bought a VP in the Bay Area for 16300 + TTL (including options), which is about 1K lower than the East Coast.

I would aim for 18.1-18.2K for this car in the Bay Area, + TTL.
  • Options
    assuming you don't have Tax there...this is an ok price, for just the car. B/c you don't mention Tax, you made out really well compared to those who have to pay tax.

You could've done better (about 18.1 on East Coast and 17.3 on West Coast + TTL...it will be higher in the middle states)...but as long as you're happy with the car, you're good to go...enjoy.