Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    rujorujo Member Posts: 137
    You're right - seems like a ridiculous price. There have been a lot of reports of very good deals on the EX-L V6 AT (no nav) on this forum.

One example (different market - SF Bay Area - but still useful info I think): I got an in-person, no-added-bogus-fees-or-dealer-options quote of $23,488 last week for the EX-L V6 AT. Good luck!
  • Options
    newcrvguynewcrvguy Member Posts: 8
    Dang! I just bought a Honda Accord EX-L V6 (non-Nav)in the South Florida area and paid $24,311 plus tax and tag. I bought it from Maroone Honda in Hollywood and thought it was a good deal. My friend actually works for a different Maroone and this price was below their Employee price, below Edmunds invoice ($25,415). The only reason I got this price was that I had gotten an Email price quote from another dealer that was about an hour or two from where I live. Even then they tried to tell me the price was for a 4 cylinder and not the V6. This includes the $750 dealer incentive. They would not give me the special finance rate in addition to the dealer incentive.
    After reading the prices everyone else seems to be getting, I really wish I could take it back and start over...Nothing will make you feel more stupid than overpaying for a car.
  • Options
    sullim4sullim4 Member Posts: 1
    I'm actually very proud of the deal I was able to get, even though it's not as good as some of the ones posted around here.

Lynnwood Honda (northern suburb of Seattle) quoted me $600 under invoice, or $19596 for the car. This is significantly under Edmunds and CarsDirect for the Seattle area. Unlike Honda of Bellevue (who quoted me $500 under), I wasn't forced to put wheel locks, door edge guards, or wheel moldings that I didn't want. They gave me a fair deal on my trade, while Bellevue wasn't even willing to appraise my van without me first committing to buy the car from them! Bellevue also didn't include the destination charge in their quote. Boo!

I'd highly recommend Lynnwood over the other area dealers. They were HONEST and willing to work out a fair deal for all involved. I would be willing to pay more for an honest dealer any day of the week. The other area dealers (Bellevue in particular) had pushy salesmen whose sole interest seemed to be talking over you and dismissing everything you said at their profit and your expense.
  • Options
    ballroomdancerballroomdancer Member Posts: 34
    Wow! Thank you nighthawk326 for actually extending me a compliment on my purchase. Much appreciated! I was beginning to think this was the “Ruthlessly Criticize Any Option and/or Extended Warranty that Someone Purchases From A Dealer” FORUM. It’s as if certain individuals choose to believe that the dealer has a magic wand which he waves over the vehicle and “poof” precision machined parts (which all began as raw materials dug out of the ground) magically appear, painted and professionally installed with a three year dealer warranty, at absolutely ZERO cost to the dealer, therefore, it’s PURE DEALER PROFIT, FLUFF AND STUFF, DEALER JUNK, MOP AND GLO, DOESN’T ADD RESALE VALUE TO A CAR, etc., etc., etc. :confuse:

#1. Beam me up, Scotty! . . . (this comment concluded at bottom of page) . . .

$25,061.76 = The ACTUAL purchase price LISTED “ON MY PURCHASE CONTRACT” for this vehicle (NOT INCLUDING DEALER OPTIONS, tax, tags, etc.)

Group some of these "dealer installed options" (see #14895 for individual price itemization). Start with the labor and equipment to dig the raw elements out of the earth, include cost of labor and equipment to manufacture the elements into marketable consumer material, included packaging and shipping costs, bring in the skilled professional dealer installation (with employee insurance and benefits), buildings, tool equipped shop and 3 year warranty:

$700 = total for all the following options combined: Cargo Net; Wheel Locks; Pinstripe; Splash Guards; Application of Paint and Leather Protection Package (labor/materials)

$839 = total for all the following options combined: Painted matched side Moldings (as well as Fenderwell trim and door edge guard) and installation of Fog Lights (labor/materials)

$587 = Rear Wing Spoiler (labor/materials)

Pure Dealer Profit? – I DON’T THINK SO! Did they make a few dollars? Certainly! Or they couldn’t have sold me the car. I won’t begrudge the dealer making a few bucks on each option (they certainly didn't make it on the listed purchase price of the vehicle on the contract). Whereas others in this forum go into DENIAL and take huge risks in order to save a few bucks (i.e. internet parts and self installation, reducing a dealer installed warranty to "none") RATHER THAN ADMIT THAT THEY AREN’T ( or weren’t) CAPABLE OF NEGOTIATIATING A BETTER DEAL! It’s in my best interest that Honda stay in business; therefore they must make a profit! However, I am absolutely certain of the fact that the dealer is accustomed to making considerably MORE profit off the average consumer! Criticism over my (freedom of) CHOICE of options has mostly been my reward for trying to help others in this forum understand that they can get a better deal too. I am sure that is why there are those that come into this forum and deliberately choose to give limited or fuzzy details in order to avoid criticism from lurking "have nots" :cry:

Fluff and stuff? DEALER JUNK? – :P

$980 = The cost for extending the standard three year dealer warranty into an EIGHT YEAR/120,000 mile Honda Care Dealer Warranty which translates into FREE REPAIRS to all critical and major components for EIGHT YEARS. To say that this extended warranty is a waste of money IF, IF, IF, IF something lasts more than three years then it will last forever is . . . well . . . :lemon:

Yes, remarkably, all the above "optional" items (which includes the addition of the extended eight year zero deductible warranty for only $980) does add up to 3K. That doesn’t automatically translate into “it helped the dealer make a LOT of the profit back” :sick:

(conclusion of comment from #1 above) . . . there is no intelligent life on this planet!

P.S. Yes, the $25,061.76 sale price does include the $595 freight charge. A torque wrench is required to tighten down the wheel lock (and lug nuts) to an equal amount of pressure distribution around the wheel rim.

Thanks again for your comment :) I see you did great on your deal too.
  • Options
    tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    This is more for others that read these posts... not a Ballroomdancer bashing. :)

For the record, there are always those who don't like a certain option or dealer add-on and those that do. I think that most agree "to each his/her own" in this case. Some get sarcastic or over the top when discussing a certain option, like a rear spoiler, but the bottom line is that it is personal preference.

Extended warranties have such varying opinions that there is a separate topic on Edmunds. Some do not think they are worth the price, others love the peace of mind they bring. Some pay way too much, others get great deals on them.

The various paint and interior protection packages are even more controversial. Even some of the sales staff that post here and elsewhere agree that there is a large amount of profit in them. That doesn't mean that anyone who buys one is an idiot. I've got very strong opinions about them that I choose not to share at this time... but I'm a car detail nut and wouldn't let anyone touch my paint or leather. ;)

The point that some have been trying to make is that no one can compare the $25,061.76 sales price with a deal they may be making without all the dealer add-ons because there is so much profit in the extra stuff. Someone who pays $26k for the car but only $2k for the add-ons is getting the same deal but it may look like they are paying more for the car. It's extra hard to figure value because I'm not aware of any place that lists invoice prices for those items, including installation.

As for paying to have things like mud flaps and rear wings installed, nothing wrong with that at all. It is certainly cheaper to buy the part and do it yourself but not everyone has the skill or wants to take the time to do it.

It's all about choice and comparing apples to apples. Heck, look at all the people who think that buying an Accord is a stupid decision!
  • Options
    shand32783shand32783 Member Posts: 76
    Looking to lease a SE 4cyl 4 door. It would be a 12,000 mile year
    What are the risiduals and MF's right now? I see a lot of different rates listed. Does $13181.60 sound right for pay off amount?

Thanks
    Shane
  • Options
    leotskleotsk Member Posts: 13
    thanks for the feedback.

I decided not to buy the Honda car from the local dealer due to their price. I got a quote from a Toyota dealer for camry much lower than Honda accord. Bought a Camry LE OTD price 20850. Details are in Toyota Camry buying experience.
  • Options
    blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    jaxs1,

A properly negotiated purchase of an Accord would result in an actual cost of a Navigation system of no more than $1,800.

I've not bothered to buy ANY of the new $185 DVD updates since December 2003 as there are not that many changes from year-to-year. To see what I mean, click here:

https://store.alpine-usa.com/Hondadvdsales/naviorder.php

Click "Find out what's new for your vehicle's navigation DVD update"

Select 2004

Select Accord

Click Prior Updates near the bottom of the page.

While taken as a whole, the entire USA and Canada may have had many updates. However, most folks will not see many changes for whichever areas they might frequent.

The most significant might be newly-built neighborhoods. But in anyone's own area, that might not be of any importance at all. Yes, restaurants and retailers do go in and out of business, but I've never been inconvenienced.

The 2003 NAVTEQ maps and points of interest (POI) in the OEM Accord system don't have that many differences from the 2006 NAVTEQ maps and POIs in my wife's pocketable Garmin nüvi 350 navigation system. I haven't purchased the one $75 update available for that unit either.

A database upgrade once every five years may be something to consider.

You wrote: "I already had a compatible phone, so adding Telenav is $5.99 per month if you don't think you will be using it often (10 trips per month) or you can sign up for unlimited service for $9.99 or you can prepay 2 years unlimited for $199 in advance."

Shall I presume that to get the $5.99 per month rate your cellular carrier required you to subscribe to a premium-priced data package? Or can someone with plain voice service just spend an additional $5.99 monthly? Probably not.
  • Options
    joensuefayjoensuefay Member Posts: 3
    After taking everyones advice and emailing all dealers plus stopping by three.
    $23,651
    $595 Destination
    $299 Dealer Conveyance(on the high end)
    $1472.70 CT sales tax
    $170 Regisration
    $26187.70 Total out the door
    Pick up the car on Friday Honda of Westport. 4 dealers couldn't compete, Westbrook and Danbury may have, but they got back too late
  • Options
    jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    I live in a growing western region and a 2003 map DVD would be pretty useless. Many of the stores/restaurants and some roads around here didn't exist last year much less in 2003.
    I can't imaging keeping a 4 year old DVD map even if I lived in an older area that didn't have as many new roads and stores.

I forgot about the data access since I had already been using it for over a year for internet access and e-mail before I added the Telnav service. So, yes if you get a data plan for the sole purpose of using Telenav, then it will be pricey to pay for data service for that single use. $9.99 per month for 5MB of data or $19.99 for unlimited data on a smartphone.
  • Options
    I really do appreciate your comments, especially your lack of bashing. I have a few observations and comments to share based on the many posts I've read over the last four weeks.

No one knows for certain (and does not wish to appear to possess the common sense to figure it out for themselves) WHAT IT ACTUALLY COSTS THE DEALER to purchase and professionally install a "fluff and stuff" item on the vehicle, therefore, IT MUST BE totally needless and . . . "pure dealer profit"!!!!

OH MY! then that means . . whatever I paid . . . I PAID TOO MUCH! :cry:

When it comes to the topic of "fluff and stuff" the general attitude in this forum seems to be: forget about professional installation; forget about dealer warranty; buy your "fluff and stuff" off the internet; do it yourself; "it's just mop and glo"; an eight year extended warranty is useless IF nothing goes wrong in three years; the nav system is just overpriced and useless because it's map is soon to be outdated by the next new street or restaurant; and my personal FAVORITE: if the dealer made an ounce of profit "You paid too much!".

I'm getting the message loud and clear. :(

Scotty? You still there? Where's that transporter beam I ordered? Get me the #$@!&% out of here! :shades:

Thanks again. It's been fun!
  • Options
    Hello Dennis :)
    Here is an itemized "line by line" breakdown on the invoice in the exact order that the dealer listed. I didn't care how the dealer juggled or arranged the numbers at the top (for options, etc.) just as long as they gave me the agreed upon purchase price for the vehicle on the bottom line ($29,701 including tax and tags). Yes, I said I wanted all the accessories up front and said I planned on buying HC and protection package". Please be certain to include what EACH AND EVERY "FLUFF AND STUFF" item ACTUALLY COSTS THE DEALER TO PURCHASE AND INSTALL on the vehicle (compared to what was actually listed on the purchase invoice as being paid for each item) so we can see the exact dollar amount of "make up profit" the dealer actually pocketed on the entire deal. Thank you for being exacting in your mathematical figures. I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to do this. I particularly want to thank you in advance for withholding any negative comments concerning my choice in options (or their benefit value) as that is a matter of personal preference. Just listing the amount of "make up profit" to the dealer would mean a great deal and be most appreciated. Thanks much! :)

NEW 2007 HONDA ACCORD 4DR White
    EX-L V-6 with Automatic Transmission and Navigation
    ORIGINAL LIST $29,400
    Navigation System Included/Freight $595
    ENG1NE-3.0L DOHC V-6
    TRANSMISSION-5 SPEED AUTOMATIC
    *** DEALER INSTALLED ITEMS **
    SPLASH GUARD SET $138
    WHEEL LOCKS $76
    PINSTRIPE $125
    PAINTED MATCHED MOLDINGS $399
    (as well as Fender well trim and Door edge trim included in the above price)
    REAR WING SPOILER $587
    FOG LIGHTS$440
    CARGO NET $61
    Discount $5,033.24
    DEALER PROCESSING CHARGE $100
    SELLING PRICE $26,881.76
    Paint and Leather Protection $300
    CASH PRICE $27,181.60
    TAX $1,364.24
    New Tags: 175
    TOTAL $26,881.76
    Eight year/120,000 mile “0” Deductible
    EXTENDED SERVICE POLICY $980
    FINAL CASH TOTAL $29.701
    DOWN PAYMENT $29,701
    TRADE-IN: NONE
    TOTAL DOWN PAYMENT $29,701
  • Options
    dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    Buying or pricing a car like this is just like posting a price for a deal when you have a trade in.

"Hey look, they sold me the car for $2,000 under invoice!" I proclaim, and then don't tell you that I got ripped off on my trade in. No one could get that same deal without having a trade in - no matter how they list it on my paperwork. The same is true if you buy a bunch of extras at inflated prices and do this up front as part of the car. They can SHOW on the paperwork anything they want, in your case they appear to sell you the car cheap and then make all the profit back on the add-ons. If you had told them you didn't want anything added on to the car price (and they had not already started installing stuff) I would doubt you could have driven off the lot with the car for the price they "pretend" to giving you for the car.

I would NEVER buy a car by telling them up front that I wanted to buy all this extra stuff on it too. I would negotiate the best price on the car I could, then negotiate the price on the accessories I wanted one at a time - and only buy the ones that required a dealer to install.

Not counting install, splash guards are $66 a set, wheel locks are under $30, pinstripe is worthless, door edge guards are $46 for 4, fender trim under $60, spoiler is under $300, fog lights under $250, cargo net under $35, paint and leather protection is worthless, $980 is about the going rate for a $0 deductible 8/120k HondaCare warranty (you don't state if you purchased HondaCare or some 3rd party policy - if HC then good deal, if not HC then not a good deal at all). Allowing for reasonable install prices, there is a LOT of profit compared to your prices. Enough to let them sell you a car for what appears to be a nice price.

If you are happy with your deal, I am happy for you. I am sure if someone else agrees to buy all this stuff up front for these prices they could get a similar deal.

Dennis
  • Options
    nircdocnircdoc Member Posts: 26
    Yes you should! I leased an EX-L V6 last week for selling price of 23695 including destination! They have many on the lot and I would definitely email at least 10 dealers for quotes. I bounced one off the other and got the best deal. After telling the salesman "you guys are gonna make 5k off the 08's when they come out and you have many 07's still on the lot, he replied "no, only $4000 and that is only for a little while!" :) so they should definitely want to move the 07's now.
  • Options
    Hello Dennis,

Thank you so much for stepping up and accepting my challenge!

Ok, let’s take a look at the “DENNIS SCALE” pricing on “extras” and how much I was apparently (and I quote) “RIPPED OFF” (and I quote) “Not counting install”.

#1. $66 splash guards (all around) v.s. $138 = “rip off” to me by dealer = $72
    #2. $30 Wheel locks (all around) v.s.$76 = “rip off” to me by dealer = $46
    #3. “Worthless” pinstripe v.s. $125 = “rip off” to me by dealer = $125
    #4. $106 total for door edge guards plus Fenderwell trim (no credit given by Dennis
    for painted side moldings) v.s $399 = “rip off” to me by dealer = $293
    #5. $300 Spoiler v.s. $587 = “rip off” to me by dealer = $287
    #6. $250 Fog lights v.s. $440 = “rip off” to me by dealer = $190
    #7. “Worthless” paint/leather prot. v.s. $300 = “rip off” to me by dealer = $300
    #8. $35 Cargo Net v.s. $61 = “rip off” to me by dealer = $26

The Honda Care Warranty is precisely what I purchased so that would be a WASH (and I quote) “if HC then good deal”. I wouldn't even consider “some 3rd party policy”.

$ 2,126 = Represents the total dollar amount listed on the contract as paid to the dealer for ALL the above options (not including the Honda Care Warranty)

$ 787 = Represents the “DENNIS SCALE” maximum amount I SHOULD HAVE paid for JUST PARTS on all the extras (Not including DEALER install or a three year dealer warranty). LABOR is not factored into your pricing at all (and I quote) “Not counting install”. AND of course, you can see that there is NO cost for a PART deduction (on the “DENNIS SCALE”) for the painted side moldings, the “worthless” pin strip and the “worthless” paint/leather protection.

$1,339 = IS (according to the “DENNIS SCALE”) the amount I OVERPAID or was “ripped off” by the dealer on ALL my “extra’s” and/or “fluff and stuff”. Therefore, this would be the “make back” DEALER PROFIT on the purchase of the car that you referred too.

Gosh! YOU MADE IT SOUND LIKE I GOT RIPPED OFF FOR A LOT MORE MONEY THAT THIS! (“Not counting install”) :confuse:

Dennis SAYS: (and I quote) “in your case they appear to sell you the car cheap and then make all the profit back on the add-ons” . . . you “let the dealer make back the savings on the extras and "protection" packs”.

WE’LL SLAP ME SILLY! :surprise:

YOU MEAN TO SAY THAT I SCREWED UP AND ACTUALLY LET THE DEALER MAKE AN INCREDIBLY OUTRAGEOUS PROFIT OF $1,339 (on the “DENNIS SCALE” not including install) by stupidly purchasing all of those mostly “worthless” fluff and stuff options? OF COURSE, THIS PROFIT AMOUNT ONLY HOLDS TRUE FOR AS LONG AS WE DON’T INCLUDE THE COST OF LABOR FOR DEALER INSTALLATION and the three year dealer warranty. Well, we COULD give them SOMETHING for the cost of installation! LABOR ALMOST ALWAYS COSTS MORE THAN THE PARTS, but hey, I wouldn’t want to burst your bubble in spite of the fact that (maybe) you’re trying to burst mine. I have absolutely NO objection to doing my fair share to help Honda (and I quote) “keep the lights on” or (and I quote) "they wouldn't sell me the car". That $1,339 PROFIT should help them keep those overhead stadium type parking lot lights burning overnight for about a week or so.

Since I’m not a fan or member of the “buy your part off the internet, go to the additional expense of purchasing installation tools, have NO three year dealer warranty and spend hours on your back only to risk screwing it up yourself CLUB . . . I’m even more convinced that I did NOT get “ripped off” by the dealer at all. As matter of fact, I sincerely want to thank you, Dennis! Because I’m even MORE convinced than I ever was (thanks to the “DENNIS SCALE”) that I came extremely close to ripping the dealer off! I guess you could say I’m A MEMBER OF THE “GO, GO, GO, MOP AND GLO” - CLUB! :) Hurry, hurry, hurry, step right up and get your lifetime/renewable seven year warranty against damage to your exterior paint and interior leather . . . all future repairs to damaged paint and leather are free!
    And I'm also a member of the “BUY MORE FLUFF AND STUFF AND GET IT FOR LESS” CLUB! Kind of like “buy one, get one free”.

Hey, thanks for playing! Oh, yes . . . and I also want to thank you for honoring my earlier request to "withhold any negative comments concerning my choice in options (or their benefit value) as that is a matter of personal preference." ;)
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,377
    Hi, ballroomdancer..

Thanks for posting your experience in buying a Honda Accord. Part of the deal in relating your experience is other members can comment on it. They aren't always going to agree with your assessment of how well you did.

The most important thing is that you are happy with your car..

Now that it's been a month since you posted your deal, let's just move on.. and give others a chance.

Thanks,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    marcwdmarcwd Member Posts: 8
    I know that there are some dealers already offering very aggressive pricing (~2K under invoice) for the current-model Accords.

However, is it likely that the start of the official Honda Clearance sale (June?) will bring about even better discounts on the remaining inventory?
  • Options
    solid1solid1 Member Posts: 11
    Anyone know what the May dealer cash is? Has it gone up, or did the $750 just roll over into this month.
  • Options
    yxk9969yxk9969 Member Posts: 12
    Is it possible to nogotiate with dealers?

2007 Accord SE 4 cyl Auto in NJ
    Target: 18,000 with 2.9% for 36 month.

or it will be better if I wait more to July or Aug to get better price and interest?

Please give me your ideas.

Thank you,
  • Options
    blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    $750.
  • Options
    Oh, they start the official Honda Clearance Sale in June?
    How do you get the information?
    I try to buy accord in few months but waiting for best deal!
  • Options
    I sincerely apologize to this entire Forum.

I was unaware that I had surpassed the allowable limit for replying to someone else who disagreed with my own assessment. :confuse:

Disagree away and I will make no further comments.

Good bye and good Honda fun to everyone. :shades:

Final Post!
  • Options
    nighthawk326nighthawk326 Member Posts: 27
    You don't have to wait until July to negotiate with dealers. Actually, by then, you will have less choices. Negotiate away. They will listen. $1500 below invoice is very common these days. I don't know if you will get $18,000 (including Freight), but go for it. Don't be afraid to negotiate. The main difference between getting the car now versus in July is that in July, you don't have to negotiate as hard as you would now for the price you want.
  • Options
    Thanks, Nighthawk.
    How about 2.9% interest?
  • Options
    The Finance Interest special does depend on your credit score (FICO). So, if you have good credit rating, you should have no problem getting the 2.9% finance rate special going on right now. I'm pretty sure the finance rate special will be going on all summer.
  • Options
    izzmo7998izzmo7998 Member Posts: 17
    Got a quote from Potamkin Honda. Price does include destination. Also I want to make sure with everyone because I ask for leather, all EX V6 comes with leather right?

MSRP: $27,995
    Invoice: $25,664
    Our price: $24,164
  • Options
    You should be able to do better than $24,164. There had been a few deals for around $23,500 (include Destination) and even better. Common deals are around $23,800. Be careful of the Doc Fee or Dealer's Fee. Make sure you know how much they will charge for those fees and work it into your Sale Price by lowering it to the amount you're willing to pay. For me, I will not pay more than $100 for those fees combined. BTW, why is your invoice $25,664? It should only be $25,415.

Not all EX models come with leather. I think all EX-L models come with leather, and V6 only comes with EX-L in the EX class.
  • Options
    tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    Yes, the EX V6 has leather seats.

And if that is the final price without a trade and no doc or other dealer fee, that is a great price... assuming that is really that much under the invoice... I didn't look it up.
  • Options
    I'm not sure why the invoice is different from what you have. I copy and paste what the dealer e-mail me and thanks for the advice. I will ask them to fax me the invoice to see if other dealers can give me a better price.
  • Options
    blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    They had a slight price increase. You can find an older unit w/ the old price.
  • Options
    bach6bach6 Member Posts: 5
    Just bought an EX V6 at the end of April. Paid $23,772 including destination and all dealer/doc fees. It had a few dealer options - splash guards, trunk mat & pin stripe
  • Options
    doug52doug52 Member Posts: 25
    According to my Accord brochure, the EX-V6 does NOT have leather seats, thus the EX-L V6.
  • Options
    doug52doug52 Member Posts: 25
    My apologies - there is no EX-V6 (was looking in the column of the LX-V6) only the EX-L V6. Sorry for the mistake.......
  • Options
    jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    If $23,772 OTD you did well some are getting $23,500 OTD.
  • Options
    eastsidestueastsidestu Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a 2007 EX-L V6 AT w/navi via the internet sales department at my local Honda dealer. Paid 25,599 w/destination charges included. I would suggest to all considering this car to purchase now as they are anxious to get rid of inventory in anticipation of 2008 models. Unbelievable deal and I am very pleased...excewpt for the trade-in value of my 2004 EX w/o navi.
  • Options
    vnh84vnh84 Member Posts: 10
    Given eastsidestu's post above, it seems that the price of $25,599 is not possible without the trade-in car.

BTW, which dealership did you purchase your EX-L V6 w/navi at?
  • Options
    mickeymouse1mickeymouse1 Member Posts: 49
    I am trying to lease a 2007 Accord EX(V4)with or without NAVI. Did you happen to get any quotes on these models? :shades:
  • Options
    I totally disagreed with vnh84. It's very possible to get it for $25,599 without trade-in. I got mine for $25,700 without trade-in, and I feel like if I was in the mood to haggle, I would have gotten it for $25,500.
  • Options
    chromatin317chromatin317 Member Posts: 14
    i was wondering what you guys think would be the best price for a 4 cylinder SE automatic.... i've seen 18900 a few months ago.. anyone have better luck? :)
  • Options
    And I received an email quote last Thursday of $25,388 for an EX-L V6 with Nav (only limitation is this price is not valid with Honda's special lease offer). SF Bay Area dealer. The point being . . . in the right situation there are some very good deals available.
  • Options
    I got quote 18500 w/o Dest.and etc.
    But if you go into dealer showroom, you may have better than 18500. Maybe, 18000 even.
  • Options
    grewalharrygrewalharry Member Posts: 3
    i recently buyied honda accord SE automatic for 20,351 $ out of door.
  • Options
    Was this the V4 or V6 and from what city, state? Thanks for the input.
  • Options
    lilengineerboylilengineerboy Member Posts: 4,116
    Was this the V4 or V6 and from what city, state?

Quick correction: I4 not V4
  • Options
    18500 without destination is more expensive than 18900 with destination :P haha well anyone get lower than 18500 with destination cost ? perferably in SoCal
  • Options
    a dealer has just told me there is a 1000 dollar incentive for the dealer thats goin on... i'm in SoCal but i guess its goin on everywhere
  • Options
    zzzooomzzzooom Member Posts: 17
    $25,500.00 out the door for a 07 EX-L w/navi 5 Sp manual 2.4L. Chesapeake VA
  • Options
    heathtdheathtd Member Posts: 3
    I've noticed that everyone has been able to get their 2007 EX-L v6 for at/just below/or barely over $24,000.

For some reason I cannot get the dealer to come down from $25,800.

I am trading a car in, so that may have something to do with it. I have a friend that works for Honda, only in another state (~500+ miles away). He told me what not to pay over and this guy wont budge. What gives?

Thoughts? :confuse:
  • Options
    Seems to me you need to get at least one other dealer involved who might want your business!

Also seems to me it probably makes sense to negotiate/establish the selling price of the EX-L V6 first; then have the used car manager (or whomever) evaluate/appraise your trade-in - no sugar coating, just a realistic "here's what it's worth to us". Additionally . . . since there's a good bit of info on this forum re what is a competitive price on the EX-L V6, I think you could expect to pay within a fairly narrow range at several different dealers - BUT those dealers may very well appraise your trade-in quite differently from each other, depending upon whether they're going to wholesale it out or think they can sell it at quickly on their lot. All the more reason to have more than one dealer involved!

In any event - i recommend establishing the two items separately: 1) selling price of the new car 2) trade-in allowance on your old car.
  • Options
    jonghwan7575jonghwan7575 Member Posts: 2
    Is it the Drive-out price? Probably not..isn't it?