Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    bach6bach6 Member Posts: 5
    I'm picking one up tomorrow.

$23,273 (includes destination)
    $499 dealer fee

$23,772

Honda Mall of Georgia - north of Atlanta - work with the Internet sales manager
  • Options
    rocketman818rocketman818 Member Posts: 5
    What additional options if any were on your car? Spoiler? mud guards? etc..
  • Options
    rocketman818rocketman818 Member Posts: 5
    Just wondering if anyone knows what the invoice prices are for the options below. Thanks.
    Spoiler
    Wheel locks
    Fog lights
    Mud guards.
  • Options
    saleemsaleem Member Posts: 114
    i think edmunds had it somewhere on the site once you select honda accord and start pricing ur car out.
  • Options
    chicagophilchicagophil Member Posts: 2
    Last week I assisted a family member with the purchase of an '07 EX-L V-6 Sedan in the Chicagoland area. The Costco dealer was the most conveniently located, offers loaner cars for any service, and an overall treatment that was closer to Acura than other Honda dealership's I've dealt with... So this was where we wanted to ultimately purchase the car.

The Costco price was basically invoice less $300 less the $750 (and Costco gives you the factory to dealer cash PLUS the financing promotion... some dealers give you both, but many do not). This worked out to about $24,365.

Through e-mail negotiation at other area dealers, I was able to get down to a little below $23,800. I presented a printout of the e-mail quote, and the Costco dealer was able to come down to $24k flat. Due to differing county tax policies, we saved about .5% on sales tax, which almost made the deals even. After further negotiation, we probably could have ended up a couple hundred dollars cheaper at another dealer, but for the reasons mentioned above, we felt the deal was "close enough."

We didn't have quite as good of luck with the Finance Manager when it came time to discuss a Honda Care extended warranty (piece of mind for my mother in law). I presented a printout of quotes obtained from one of the online dealer sellers, and they would not even discount their price to come close to what I had... they tried to argue that buying it from a dealer online isn't a real contract, they could sell you a 96mo policy but only input 60mo in the system, etc... I was really put off by this tactic. But we still got a good enough deal on the car.
  • Options
    caslercasler Member Posts: 6
    In support of what other posters have previously stated regarding discounts below invoice, below is some information from cars.com. According to the cars.com incentive’s page, there may be a $1,050 dealer incentive.

Incentives: Rebates & Financing Offers
    2007 Honda Accord
    Dealer Incentives
    Expires: 4/30/07
    Offers may vary by region.
    Cash: $750 * (Up to $1,050 if dealer reaches preset sales target.)
  • Options
    he8833he8833 Member Posts: 52
    What dealers besides the Costco affilated dealer gave you the lowest price..I'm willing to travel to Chicago to buy a car and would like to get a list of dealers to contact.
  • Options
    bach6bach6 Member Posts: 5
    Dealer installed options were:
    Splash guards
    Pin striping
    Trunk mat

$23,772 - including all dealer fees & destination
    just had to add sales tax & title fee
    I was in & out in less than an hour
  • Options
    jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    Just try carsdirect and carbargains.
  • Options
    jml_edmundjml_edmund Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to all who share their experiences here It's extremely helpful to someone like me who as not purchased a new vehicle for years. Newspaper and TV ads make the eyes glaze over.

My question is simple.

I'm in the Raleigh NC area and am in the market for a 2007 EX-L V-6 with Navigation. I have read the forum and here is what i think is correct. I should be able to purchase this vehicle which has an MSRP close to 29900. in the 25K range?

25,000 approximate for vehicle.
    750. (3% NC Sales Tax)
    300 to 400 "Admin Fees"
    For an out the door price of just over 26,000?

Is that really "doable"? Is anyone interested in sharing their purchasing experiences in this area?

Thanks Very much.
  • Options
    kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    jml,
    Be sure to extend your dealership radius beyond the immediate Ral dealers. Over the years I've never found Capital Blvd even reasonably competitive, but perhaps you'll have better luck.
  • Options
    sunshine20sunshine20 Member Posts: 20
    Thanks to all you posters on this board as you have educated me beyond belief!!!!
    Today I purchased a 2007 Accord EXL V6:

Purchase Price; $24,599.00
    Dealer fee for Plate $206.00
    Tax at 8%; $1,967.92

For $26,772.92 Its all MINE! I think I did well -

I also did not purchase the additional coverage for $850.00 to extend the warranty which the financial guy was pushing to no end!
    As my husband and I walked out of the office where the financial guy wrote up the paperwork, he turned to a buddy of his, thinking we were out of ear shot said "Ican't make money working here anymore".
  • Options
    jamesp880jamesp880 Member Posts: 8
    I'm interested in an LX Auto Sedan. I live in the Tampa area, and have contacted many of the dealers in the area. The best price I've came up with is:

Vehicle: $18500
    Destination: $595
    Taxes: $1125
    Tags and other fees: $105

OTD price: 20,325

This seems a little high when compared to what others are reporting. Any opinions?

Thanks!
  • Options
    jml_edmundjml_edmund Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for this summary, it's very helpful.
  • Options
    ballroomdancerballroomdancer Member Posts: 34
    Was your purchase a 4 dr Sedan or Coupe? With or without navigation?
  • Options
    gmat182gmat182 Member Posts: 5
    I think you should be able to get at least another $400 to $500 lower than that.
  • Options
    I always appreciate your comments he8833. I made a phone call to my Honda Sales Representative and asked him about the "incentive offers" and how often they become available. He stated that "incentive offers are available year round and are soley designed to create urgency".

His candid explanation supports my earlier statement . . . "It's all designed to create urgency and means nothing in terms of savings if you are ill equipped to negotiate a good deal for yourself!"

Thanks again
  • Options
    Its a 4dr Sedan without the navigation.
  • Options
    A huge hail storm rolled through Dallas/Fort Worth earlier in the month, so many dealers in our area are selling damaged cars. The Accords I looked at today all had what I would classify as moderate damage (dime to nickel sized dents, cracked windshields, but no paint damage).

If you've ever bought a hail damaged car, I'd be interested to hear about your experience:

For example:

- How much do you think you saved? Yes, I know that may be impossible to calculate or quantify -- but how much did you pay for the car, versus what you would have paid for it if it weren't damaged?

-How much did it cost to fix it?

-Who did the repairs? Was it paintless dent repair, or regular body work? Were they able to get all of the dents out?

-Were there insurance and/or title implications?

This is uncharted territory for me, so I'm just gathering opinions and hoping someone will point out some "gotcha's" that I wouldn't think of on my own.
  • Options
    jamesp880jamesp880 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it. So you think $18,000 before destination and TTL fees for an Accord LX Auto Sedan is good? I'll haggle some to see if I can get the price down.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    Good price! Enjoy your new wheels.
  • Options
    I'm in Dallas, and I think that would be a pretty good deal around here. That's about $1,000 below invoice, which seems to be a good benchmark for most people. Of course there are a lot of sharks in this forum who could probably squeeze a few hundred dollars more out of the deal. :shades:

Not sure how many posts in this forum you've read, but one thing to keep in mind -- the $750 dealer cash "officially" expires at the end of April, but it seems safe to believe it will probably carry over (and maybe even increase) into May as we get closer to the release of the '08 Accords. Good luck, and be patient if you can.
  • Options
    $25,061.76 (NOT INCLUDING MARYLAND TAX AND TAGS).

No trade-in. Did not use Dealer Financing. Earlier this month (April 7th, 2007). I purchased 2007 Honda Accord 4dr SEDAN EX-L V-6 Automatic Transmission with Navigation for $25,061.76 (NOT INCLUDING MARYLAND TAX AND TAGS).
    Sorry, I can't help you with the Raleigh NC area but no reason why you couldn't do just as good or better in Raleigh, NC! Best Wishes.
  • Options
    I wouldn't know how to get invoice pricing for those particular options (maybe someone else can help) but this is how mine priced out "on paper" after negotiating the bottom line on the "over all car price" rather than negotiating each individual "optional" feature. If you can't get the information you are looking for then I would recommend not showing ANY interest in the options at first. Get them to agree to sell the car to you (NOT INCLUDING TAX, TAGS, ETC.) for $1,500 below invoice or lower. After you have a pre-agreement (preferably numbers that have clearly been written and described by them on a piece of paper that you can keep and refer to later) show them that you are definitely ready to buy the car NOW. THEN hit them with the options you want and negotiate your pricing on each individual item for a lower price than you see below. Show them that you are willing to walk out the door if they don't give you your price, but don't do it! Hang in there and don't blow the deal if they get close enough to your pre-established goal (within a few hundred dollars) of your researched price. I would suggest saying that you were only interested in three options (at first) and keep one secretly in reserve (example: wheel locks) for them to "throw in" at the last second (while "displaying" that you are ready to walk out on the deal) just in case they don't give you exactly the reduction in price you've asked for on something else (the spoiler, etc.). This way they can save face and you still get a good deal. Win, win situation! Hope this helps!

$138 Splash Guards

$ 76 Wheel Locks

$440 Fog Lights

$587 Rear Wing Spoiler
  • Options
    Not sure what the invoice prices would be, but for reference it might be helpful to know that College Hills Honda sells those parts on their website at these prices:

Wheel Locks $35
    Splash Guards $69
    Spoiler $386
    Fog Lights $286

However, those prices do not include installation (although I'm sure you could install at least the first two yourself)...
  • Options
    Thanks! It sure pays to be educated when it comes to car buying. This is the FIRST ever car buying experience for me. My husband always took care of it so all I had to do was test drive and then say yes or no. So when I told him I wanted a new car, he told me this was all mine this time and he was staying out of it. I learned so much and am proud of myself for standing my ground when salesmen/women were trying to get one over on me - my hubby is too!
    I pick my honda up on Thursday!! YEAH!!
    I was also surprised at my quick comebacks to comments the sales people tried on me.
  • Options
    tram1tram1 Member Posts: 3
    I paid $18,200 OTD. This included the following options.
    1. Mudguard flaps.
    2. Wheel locks.
    3. Appearane package. (I am not sure the above 2 items are also part of the appearance package). Anyways the dealer says it is aroung $800 altogether for the 3 options.

I also got 2.99 % APR for 36 months.

This is in Maryland, Jimcoleman.
  • Options
    thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Um, what does the appearance package entail, if not the mudflaps and wheel locks?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,418
    Door edge and fenderwell guards?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    tram1tram1 Member Posts: 3
    Yes. You are right. Thanks
  • Options
    compwhiz82compwhiz82 Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone:

I'm flying to St. louis to help out my mom buy a new 2007 accord EX or EXL sedan with 4 cylinder. What should I be looking at as far as pricing goes? 20K?, 19K? So what are your thoughts on what we should expect! Thanks Chris
  • Options
    thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    I got two quotes from Oklahoma City for an EX automatic, cloth interior. They were $21,900, and $21,200. These seem high to me though, considering invoice is about $21,100.
  • Options
    blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    I would recommend that you read the past couple of months' messages in this forum to get a better understanding of how you should approach the buying process. You should also read here:

http://www.edmunds.com/caradvice.html

Best of luck.
  • Options
    peterpiperpeterpiper Member Posts: 7
    I got a quote from one of the dealers for 2.4 EX-L AT. It was $21,498 which includes destination fee and manufacturer incentives. Prices exclude taxes, title, and registration.
    There will be 5% sales tax (MA), $299.75 doc fee and $86 plates/registration.
    What do you guys think about this price? Is this a good deal or not?
  • Options
    blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    The $21,498 is very decent but the $299.75 doc fee is outrageous and should be negotiated down.
  • Options
    tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    The $21,498 is very decent but the $299.75 doc fee is outrageous and should be negotiated down.

And if they won't do it, tell them that you'll only pay $21,198.25 for the car. Then they can charge you the full doc fee. ;)

IIRC, that is what a few posters here have had to do... and the dealers agreed to it.
  • Options

And if they won't do it, tell them that you'll only pay $21,198.25 for the car. Then they can charge you the full doc fee.

IIRC, that is what a few posters here have had to do... and the dealers agreed to it.

Thank you for your quick replies.
    But the dealer told me $299.75 documentation fee is the same as other Honda dealers in this area. Is this true?
  • Options
    jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    They gave you a discount on one hand and took it back with the doc fee with the other.
    Look at the total of the selling price and doc fee and decide if it's worth it regardless of how numbers are shuffled.
    It's a number shuffling game just like when you trade a car in and they discount the new car, but make the money back and more by giving you a low value on your trade-in.
  • Options
    It seems that some areas do charge a somewhat consistent "Doc Fee" but that doesn't mean that you have to pay. From what others have said, some states have set a limit on how high that fee can be.

As I said before (and as Jaxs1 mentioned), agree to pay the fee if they knock more off the car. It ends up being the same amount.
  • Options
    I see. Then I'll ask in different way.
    Will it be a good deal if I make it with $22,959 OTD?
    (I have no trade-in).
  • Options
    Will it be a good deal if I make it with $22,959 OTD?

I can't remember if you are considering the sedan with an automatic. If so, the invoice price minus the $750 dealer incentive is $22,541 so your price out the door seems pretty good to me if you have taxes, registration, etc. that are included in OTD. Some people have posted better numbers but I don't think that you are too far off.
  • Options
    vluuvluu Member Posts: 100
    Can you tell me the dealership you bought from in Maryland? Thanks
  • Options
    tebuntebun Member Posts: 2
    Hi all. Got an offer of $22,675 for EX-L 2.4 sedan including destination charge. Documentation fee is $150. What do you think guys?

Also I’m new to St. Louis area. Anyone want to recommend a good Honda dealer?

Thanks in advance :)
  • Options
    Herson's Honda in Rockville, Maryland. Best Wishes!
  • Options
    leotskleotsk Member Posts: 13
    can you tell me the name of the dealer in Boston ?. I am considering to buy one with couple of weeks.
  • Options
    doug52doug52 Member Posts: 25
    I am in Denver, where dealers seem to be able to ignore the prices many of you seem to get elsewhere! Plus, I would like to have VSC, but impossible in an accord without V6. May just wait for 2008 model, when I presume VSC will be standard, albeit at much higher prices.

But, as for your question, you might try Stephen Vincel Honda. It sometimes posts new accords on ebay, at decent prices as I recall, though not as low as Mike Patton Honda in LaGrange, GA. Of course, I have no info as to the quality of the dealership, but still it might merit a look.
  • Options
    grewalharrygrewalharry Member Posts: 3
    Hi guys, i just got Honda Accord 2.4 Se V4 for 20,351$ including taxes and everything, means out of door, so is that price good or what, please let me know
  • Options
    accord2007accord2007 Member Posts: 2
    Hello Everyone,

I am in a market for 07 Accord 2.4 SE Auto, and want to know if someone can share what they pay for 07 Accord SE Auto.
  • Options
    leotskleotsk Member Posts: 13
    I got a quote from the local dealer Car price 19500, Tax 975+ reg 115 - total OTD 20590. It seems high compared to some of the postings here. I am from western part of Massachusetts. Any suggestions ?

Tried to negotiate with the dealer and they are not willing to reduce the price.
  • Options
    rujorujo Member Posts: 137
    I know it's a different market, but for your info/use . . . in N. Calif. this weekend I received an in-person/printed-on-paper quote of $21,988 including destination charge. Documentation fees were about half of the $150 your dealer is asking. IIRC I've seen even lower prices quoted in this forum for the EX-L 4 cylinder, but don't recall the details.