Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    I have a better idea... don't lie. I'm guessing you don't want them to lie to you either.

You already know about the dealer incentive of $750 so they can certainly come down more in price. The reality is that they don't have to do that. Therefore, you can choose not to buy it and go elsewhere. Or pay their price. ;)
  • Options
    miroslavsmiroslavs Member Posts: 5
    I live in the Seattle area. I will really appreciate if anyone can tell me what is considered good price right now!I have several quotes from dealers and they all give me invoice price 27200. The price is same using Costco buying program. I read lots of posts in this forum stating that people bought the same car for around 25000. If anyone in the greater Seattle area got comparable price(less than 26000) :confuse: , please advice which dealer you got it from.
  • Options
    blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    O. K. Here's what you do. Sit down w/the salesman Sat morn. Don't bring up the doc fee. Examine carefully every # on the contract to make sure it's to your spec. If the bottom line is acceptable, offer 200 less. Don't say it's related to the doc fee! Have your checkbook in your shirt pocket,freshly pressed long sleeve dress shirt open at collar and a nice black/blue sport coat, preferably cashmere. Hair washed and nicely combed. Stick to your price and walk if you don't get it. That's what I would do. :)
  • Options
    peterpiperpeterpiper Member Posts: 7
    can you tell me the name of the dealer in Boston ?. I am considering to buy one with couple of weeks.

Bernardi Honda at Natick
  • Options
    if anyone in the greater Seattle area got comparable price

You do realize that invoice minus the $750 dealer incentive is $26,472 for this car (assuming it is the sedan)? As many have said before, you can't believe everything that gets posted here. Nor do you know if a trade was involved, etc.

When I was shopping a year ago, this area was pretty tough. For some reason, folks were having trouble getting the deals that were available in other parts of the country. I don't know if that is still the case but my advice would be to pick one dealer and work with them then move on if you can't get your price.

Are your quotes from the internet? If so, you will probably need to have some face-to-face time with sales staff. Don't be afraid to go outside of King County to get a good deal. You will also have better luck at the end of the month.

Good luck!
  • Options
    dreamchaser321dreamchaser321 Member Posts: 24
    My brother purchased a 2005 Honda Accord LX 2 years ago and paid $20,000 cash out the door with everything included (license, tax, etc). I think you could have gotten your car for $19,000 - $19,500 out the door. We're located in the San Francisco Bay Area in CA.
  • Options
    rujorujo Member Posts: 137
    Sorry not to be able to provide Seattle-specific info - however, if it can possibly be of any use to the OP in his efforts, here's an accurate/current SF Bay Area data point:

Face-to-face quote this past weekend on an EX-L V6 AT no Nav (I realize the Seattle buyer is looking at a car with Nav):

23,488 - which is 1790 below invoice. I believe this supports the reports/rumors of an additional "secret" $1000 in dealer cash being available.

Take it for what it's worth - go and do battle with those Seattle dealers!
  • Options
    c130mikec130mike Member Posts: 5
    FYI I paid $22,200 including destination for 2.4 ex-l last month. There was no doc fee. I'm in Little Rock, AR.
  • Options
    suavesirsuavesir Member Posts: 7
    I am in St. Louis and purchased an EX-L V6 in January from St. Louis Honda (Mungenast). I strongly recommend you try the internet sales at St. Louis Honda. I read all the posts in this forum for the few months before I purchased to get understanding of reasonable and good pricing. I did not get much pricing information when visiting a few dealers in person. So I sent an email request to St. Louis Honda (and another dealer) asking for pricing on the car I wanted. St. Louis Honda response was a very reasonable price. We then negotiated a final price very quickly in a cordial exchange of a couple of emails. If you are looking for a reasonable deal without much pain, I suggest St. Louis Honda - through internet. Reply with any further questions.
  • Options
    Thank you! I will take my chances this weekend. For what is worth I could fly to SF, :shades: if I am going to save 2K!
  • Options
    :D Thank you! These quotes were all from internet requests. I would travel as far as 500 miles if I am going to save $1000 - $2000. First will try at the dealerships in King County.
  • Options
    peterpiperpeterpiper Member Posts: 7
    FYI I paid $22,200 including destination for 2.4 ex-l last month. There was no doc fee. I'm in Little Rock, AR.

Do you mean $22,200 OTD?
  • Options
    chachachenchachachen Member Posts: 13
    hi:) i am living at chicago, plan to buy accord ex-l 2.4sedan AT in this month,got a quote $21,575,what is a good OTD price?if i want to add on some options:
    Wheel Locks,
    Rear Wing Spoiler
    Fog Lights
    Auto D/n Mirror Base
    Auto D/n Mirror Att.
    how much more to pay for those? :)
  • Options
    jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    I'm not sure "scam" is the right word, rather than misleading marketing fishing for sales leads.
    It is probably a form letter mass mailing that they meant to limit to owners of cars older than 2007s since most owners of 2007s are going to be upside down in their loans and the dealers still needs to sell their brand new 2007s

It makes no logical sense that they could take your car back for "above market price" and still have room to resell it at a profit when the new ones are so heavily discounted.
    They will make up the meaning of what is "market price," so that claim means little or nothing useful to you anyway.
    The gas savings on a Civic will not make up for the money you will lose on first year depreciation especially if you have sales tax added to the cost. On top of that you might pay higher insurance premiums on a Civic that will also negate some gas savings.
  • Options
    got the following email from the dealership where I bought my 2007 Honda Accord

I got the same letter a few months ago about my 06. I'm sure they are doing it everywhere.

As for mileage, if you are getting less than EPA in your Accord, what makes you think it will be better in a Civic? Something is wrong, either with your driving habits, short commute, etc. If it is just the car, take it back to the dealer to have them look at it because you should be getting much better mileage than that.
  • Options
    Need some help!!I got a qoute $21,575+tax9%+fees+TITLE for accord EXL 2.4L AT...Could I make an offer of $23500 OTD with those option:
    Wheel Locks,
    Rear Wing Spoiler
    Fog Lights
    Auto D/n Mirror ??
  • Options
    FYI . . . received these price quotes in person earlier this week from a Bay Area dealer, good thru 4/30:

SE-V6 20,688
    EX-L 4cyl AT 21,988
    EX-L V6 AT no nav 23,488

To the best of my knowledge these are real prices (no outrageous dealer fees or high-profit dealer installed options added on). I would have jumped on the EX-L V6 at that price, but ended up getting an Acura TSX.
  • Options
    robo_geekrobo_geek Member Posts: 20
    goto www.hondaautomotiveparts.com and look up the costs of these parts. They also have the install instruction sheets for these parts so you can see how involved it is. On my CR-V they wanted $200 for installed splashguards and $400+ for roof rack which cost about $150 for both, including shipping, and I installed both in about ten minutes with ordinary hand tools.
  • Options
    nircdocnircdoc Member Posts: 26
    Hey all need some help,

I was at a Honda dealer today, neogiated a good price on an EX-L V6 (no nav). Deal included destination charge of $595. After sitting down with the finance guy he told me there is also an "acquistion fee of $595" besides the destination charge. Any truth to this? (this was for a lease. He said for a purchase this wouldnt apply.)

Thanks
  • Options
    Yes, there is a $595 acquistion fee on a lease. This is in addition to the destination fee that is part of the MSRP of the vehicle (and which is included when figuring your residual).

BTW, if you have any other questions re your lease feel free to fire away - a couple of us on here "love" to play with lease calculatons! (You'll probably get the best response by posting in the Lease Questions forum.)
  • Options
    lilengineerboylilengineerboy Member Posts: 4,116
    So Victory Honda of Plymouth, MI said 19,200 including destination or an Accord VP manual. This strikes me as being a bit high. Okay, actally it made me chuckle, but I wanted to verify that I wasn't missing something.
    I was looking at closer to 16k. Did some incentive end that I am missing?
  • Options
    hd9691hd9691 Member Posts: 18
    I just help a friend purchase a 2007 honda accord SE V6 OTD price $21500. Thank you for all the post in here that helps alot with the purchase. There are some dealer willing to do it, but some wants it $21900. But this dealer in the penisular bay area willing to do it. :)

I probably want to get one for myself now since the car is really good for this price. The car is pretty fast and powerful.
  • Options
    terpsterps Member Posts: 2
    Just got a quote from a Honda dealer for the 2007 Accord EX-L-V6 without Navi. the ON-The-Road price is $25188. I am in the D.C area. Wonder is this a good deal, or it can be better? :confuse:
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Assuming a sales tax of approx. 6% and fairly normal registration fees, it looks like a good deal. Could it be better? Hard to tell without knowing your tax rate, title and registration fees, and dealer document fees. My guess is this is a pretty good deal.
  • Options
    vnh84vnh84 Member Posts: 10
    What is ON-The-Road price?
  • Options
    thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    I'm guessing the amount they paid for it in total, or the "amount it took to get from showroom to 'on-the-road.'"
  • Options
    windycitysrchwindycitysrch Member Posts: 2
    Curious as to what dealer provided this price. Were they in chicago area?
  • Options
    sunshine20sunshine20 Member Posts: 20
    Out of curiosity why did you choose the TSX over the Accord?? Thanks!
  • Options
    You might be interested in this forum, the Honda Accord vs. Acura TSX thread.
  • Options
    briguy3briguy3 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a Honda Accord EX-L by using the edmunds online quote options.

Price $21,500
    Taxes $1,200
    Dealer Fees $350
    Remote Car Starter $400 (talked down from $575)
  • Options
    Out of curiosity why did you choose the TSX over the Accord?? Thanks!

I prefer the styling of the TSX. Also, in road testing of various samples of the two cars over a period of weeks I found the TSX to be quieter and better damped on rough/noisy pavement. (Both cars have more road noise than my wife's BMW. Folks in the Acura forums say this can be improved quite a bit by changing out of the OEM Michelins that come on the TSX and Accord.)

Bluetooth and standard iPod hookup are two more reasons I chose the TSX. Overall, the TSX is simply more refined and "together" than the Accord. However . . . I do love the V6 engine in the Accord! (If I had chosen the Honda it would have been because of this engine.) The Accord feels a tad roomier than the TSX, but I find the TSX sufficiently roomy - and, altho I almost never have rear seat passengers, a quick "sit" in the rear of the TSX showed it to be a very nice place to be!

PS: I'm not a fan of the audio system in either car - but I ultimately prefer the sound in the TSX.
  • Options
    :) are you living at chicago?
  • Options
    :confuse: got to make a decision for buying a car...
  • Options
    mickeymouse1mickeymouse1 Member Posts: 49
    Hello:
    I have been shopping around for a lease on a 2007 Honda
    Accord EX, Auto, 4 Cyl, Cloth. I have an 800 credit score, want to put the minimum down(I have been told that's about
    $650.00) and would like a 24 month lease. The CT sales tax is 6%. So far, I was quoted $650 down and $296 per month(including all taxes) for a 36 month lease because the salesperson claimed the 24 month lease would cost an extra $60 per month. I thought that $296 was high.
    Any advice would help.
    Thank you!
  • Options
    $296 does seem high - and $60/mo more for a 24 month lease sounds suspicious, too. In any event you need to get the following info from the dealer:

Selling price
    Money factor
    Residual (you should get the residual for both 24 and 36 mo. terms)

These are the three indispensable pieces of information in order to determine whether a lease deal is a good one or not.

If you provide this info we can then comment. Perhaps posting on the Lease Questions forum would be useful, also.
  • Options
    You also didn't mention how many miles are included and what they charge if you go over.
    Deposit? Acquisition and/or disposition fees?

Exactly what is that $650 "down" going towards?
  • Options
    Did some one bought the extended warranty plan with the new car purchased?is it neccesery?how to get this quote from different dealer?any suggetion may help!!thank!!
  • Options
    This seems to be the most widely recommended source for the warranty online:

myhondawarranty.com

Fill in the appropriate info about your car - and you immediately see the prices for various warranty lengths.
  • Options
    kronomkronom Member Posts: 1
    toDAY I purchased my Honda Accord 1997 1.8l for 750 pounds!!!
  • Options
    c130mikec130mike Member Posts: 5
    22,200 for ex-l 2.4 included everything except tax, I guess you could call that OTD, it seems like some people think otd includes tax and some don't.
  • Options
    Including government tax and license fees in your price makes it more confusing since everyone pays different rates.

Just list the selling price plus the fees the dealer adds on, not tax and license.
  • Options
    seanpaseanpa Member Posts: 7
    Is this a good deal?

In Bucks County, PA, purchased 2007 Accord Special Edition:
    Invoice: $20196.00 including destination
    Paid: $18900.00
    6% tax: $1134.00
    Tire tax: $5
    Registration/Title/Doc fee: 170.15
    Total OTD: $20204.15
  • Options
    seanpaseanpa Member Posts: 7
    Also included free are:
    floor mats
    4 mud guards
  • Options
    sopmansopman Member Posts: 46
    I had 5 dealers competing for my business. It came down to 2 dealers and after all said and done I got a 2007 Accord LX, 4 cyl for $2000 down (included eveything) and $199.37 a month for 3 years. I'm at 7% tax and 12,000 miles a year.

I think I did very well. What are others paying?

Sopman
    Saratoga Springs, NY
  • Options
    First of all would like to thank everyone for all the great info! I have to say I was a lot more informed than with the car I purchased 8 months ago. Well here is the deal i got:

Accord EX-L V6 (NO nav) MSRP $27995
    36month /12000 mile lease
    Selling price including destination ($595): $23695
    Maryland tax: 5% on entire selling price of car (unfortunately).
    MF: .0009
    Residual:57%
    Total monthly payment: $310 (this includes tax/tags/acquisition fee)
    (I put ONLY the first months payment down. )

Let me know what you think of the deal!
  • Options
    You'll likely get more responses there. People here tend to focus on purchase prices instead of lease rates.

I'm not being difficult, as I don't personally care where ya post, I like reading them all. But if you are looking for responses, you might find more of them (and the ones you get may be more informed) in the Honda Accord: Lease Questions forum, in case you didn't know about it.

Congrats on the new Accord! :D

Thegrad
  • Options
    I do notice that there is a alot more activity in this forum than in the lease forum with both purchase and lease questions being discussed. (I for one check both all the time but thats just me.)
  • Options
    Ah, I guess I haven't noticed the lease info being shared until today. Since I drive way too many miles to lease, I rarely pop in over there, and when I do, I don't post.

I wasn't trying to be picky, I hope you didn't take it that way. I was just making sure you knew it was there for ya! :)

Have a nice night!

Thegrad
  • Options
    Many people subscribe and may not post anything there unless someone else posts first.
  • Options
    This is true. I have a "track" on many discussions (probably 20 or more). I always click "my tracked items" and respond to anything of interest in the rooms that have new posts. I VERY rarely go exploring the ones I don't have "tracked." I imagine many people are guilty of the same thing, especially when they get in a routine on here.