Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    george123george123 Member Posts: 16
    Hey Master:
    If it makes you feel any better, I paid MSRP for my 08 - yet to be built, much less delivered. IMO, the Coup will hold MSRP, for a month or so - have you checked ebay.com?

Cheers,
    George
  • Options
    newhonda07newhonda07 Member Posts: 17
    Can you tell us what the OTD price is going to be? If your TTL is more than 1000, like 1500, then I would try to bargain it for 20K OTD.
  • Options
    blackexv6blackexv6 Member Posts: 503
    Where in NJ is the dealer? I am looking around Philly, PA & the best price I got is $24,995 for an EX-L Auto.

You're price is $100-200 over invoice.

Are you sure about this deal?
  • Options
    rich123rich123 Member Posts: 31
    I just looked at the Honda store locator and almost all the dealers have an internet manager with a local or 800 number. When you go to the web sites, there is a section for price quotes. Should I assume this goes directly to the internet manager? Is it better to call the internet manager on the phone. I have only been on these boards two weeks but have learned a lot. I intend to get an 07 EX I4 automatic or an 08 LX-P I4 automatic this weekend or next.I am in California so I intend to put out numerous requests. Advice on the best way to contact the dealership would be appreciated.
  • Options
    beatlefredbeatlefred Member Posts: 14
    I was thinking of trading in my '05 Accord EX-L (4 cyl, 4 dr, auto, beige, no navigation, only 13K miles), for a new '08 EX-L. I am interested in the beige sedan, and metal metallic coupe.

With taxes and dmv fees, I paid $25,180 for my Accord in October '04 at a Honda dealership in Long Island, NY. I also got a 7 yr/75K Honda care warranty which cost an additional $2,890.
    So, grand total I paid was: $28,071.

I was wondering what the other good folks here would suggest as being a good price to a do a trade-in for at the dealer, before I go there and inquire.

Thanks,

Fred.
  • Options
    jet10000jet10000 Member Posts: 656
    I also got a 7 yr/75K Honda care warranty which cost an additional $2,890.

If you get an 2008 and want another Honda Care warranty, please make sure you check out the Honda Care warranty prices at

http://www.hondawarrantyinfo.com/

or

http://www.myhondawarranty.com/

Prices for an 7 year/80K warranty for a 2008 are running around $635. It shouldn't be anywhere near $2,800.
  • Options
    jet10000jet10000 Member Posts: 656
    When you go to the web sites, there is a section for price quotes. Should I assume this goes directly to the internet manager?

Yes, Honda has those request for price quotes set up to go to the internet department at each dealership. You should receive an automated response almost immediately. And then usually the next working day, the internet rep will e-mail you a quote.

I would definitely get a price from them first by e-mail before calling. After that, you can either e-mail them back or phone them---whatever you feel most comfortable with.

Ideally, I would request a quote online from every dealer in the area. I've been able to tell a lot from the initial e-mail I receive. Whether the dealer seems interested or not, whether they're willing to deal or not, etc.

Plus if you have several quotes when you do start making phone calls, you can tell the dealer where he's at in relation to another dealer and that's a good way to open negotiations.
  • Options
    civichybrid03civichybrid03 Member Posts: 2
    This past weekend a dealer (Brown's Honda, Arlington, Va) offered me a new 2007 Accord Hybrid without Nav for $27,500 - including all taxes (3% in VA) and fees.

I found a used 2006 Accord Hybrid w/13,000 miles for $21,260 not including taxes and fees. If you find a used Accord Hybrid, they will negotiate. You can look on craigslist, cars.com or autotrader.com

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    jamesyqjamesyq Member Posts: 1
    That's impressive, could you please give me more detail price and saleman informaiton at jamesyq1@yahoo.com.

Thanks so much. :D:D
  • Options
    srizvi1srizvi1 Member Posts: 263
    As of today, 9/28/07, I think these prices might be the best prices for an '07 Accord w/ Nav. I've tried some other dealers, and they're not able to match them and they keep hitting me with warnings saying "I suspect when you get there, they'll tack on some other fees." Hopefully, that won't happen.

So my 3 best prices around the DC area on an '07 Accord w/ Nav are:

Dealer #1:
    2007 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe with Leather, Navigation & Automatic Transmission: Alabaster Silver & Cool Blue Metallic $22,990 + $100 (dealer processing fee) = $23,090 * .05% tax in MD = $1154.50 + tags $195 = $24,439.50

Dealer #2:
    Honda 2007 Accord EXL-Navi 2dr automatic in Cool Blue = $22,889 + $100 processing fee = $22,989 * 5% tax in MD = $1149.45 + tags $195 = $24,333.45

Dealer #3:
    2007 Accord Sedan auto EXL-Navi in Silver - 2 to choose from - both Silver - $24,300 OTD (that's all Dealer #3 said in their email after I gave them my other quotes).
  • Options
    doug4321doug4321 Member Posts: 27
    The three prices you have for the 07 Sedans and coupes,are they I4 or V6 models?I believe the prices are way low if you are looking at V6's.If they are I4's I think they are high.
    Doug
  • Options
    These are I4 models Doug. If you feel they are high, could you give me a little more insight on what they should be. I'm feeling they're low based on other dealers telling me they can't match these prices. But I supposed that could possibly not be the best reason.

Looking for any and all feedback - soon please! hoping to buy this weekend. I need to know how low I should go.
  • Options
    The best advice I can give you is to get your quotes from the Internet salesman for all dealers in your area(100 mlies).There is a very big incentive to make a good deal through the internet,than walking into dealers.The internet guru at these dealers know you have really researched the car you want and will really make you a good deal.Good luck
    Doug
  • Options
    blckeagleblckeagle Member Posts: 2
    Hi all
    I'm looking for Accord 08 LX automatic. MSRP is 21,795. I got two quotes, 21,5 and 21,4. The third guy did not discount even a penny. Its invoice is 19,8. So, what do you think about a good target price I should keep in mind? :confuse:
    Thank you very much for your help. :)
  • Options
    dd540dd540 Member Posts: 14
    I just came from my local Honda dealer. I got a quote of 22,250 including destination on an 4 cyl. EX automatic. Thats 2,245 off MSRP. Thier actual price was a little higher because of the pinstripes, door edge guards, etc. Price does not include tax or doc. fee and I forgot to check what the doc. fee actually was. Anyway, that was price given without any negotiation. I am going back tomorrow to buy one. I just have to decide on a color. This dealer here in Chicago area had a couple dozen sedans, mostly EX's, and another dozen coupes which they were quick to point out that they were holding to MSRP for now.
  • Options
    Fred:
    With 13K, IMO, your best bet would be CarMax, not trading. They will give you a fair "market value" for your car, and give you a check, "on the spot." Then you can negotiate for an 08 with any number of dealers.

All good things,
    George

I was thinking of trading in my '05 Accord EX-L (4 cyl, 4 dr, auto, beige, no navigation, only 13K miles), for a new '08 EX-L. I am interested in the beige sedan, and metal metallic coupe.

With taxes and dmv fees, I paid $25,180 for my Accord in October '04 at a Honda dealership in Long Island, NY. I also got a 7 yr/75K Honda care warranty which cost an additional $2,890.
    So, grand total I paid was: $28,071.

I was wondering what the other good folks here would suggest as being a good price to a do a trade-in for at the dealer, before I go there and inquire.

Thanks,

Fred.
  • Options
    I'm confused...is the $22,250 quote for an 08 or an 07?

Cheers,
    George

I just came from my local Honda dealer. I got a quote of 22,250 including destination on an 4 cyl. EX automatic. Thats 2,245 off MSRP. Thier actual price was a little higher because of the pinstripes, door edge guards, etc. Price does not include tax or doc. fee and I forgot to check what the doc. fee actually was. Anyway, that was price given without any negotiation. I am going back tomorrow to buy one. I just have to decide on a color. This dealer here in Chicago area had a couple dozen sedans, mostly EX's, and another dozen coupes which they were quick to point out that they were holding to MSRP for now.
  • Options
    My title is 2008 Honda Accord EX. The quote is for a 2008.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice Doug. Hopefully I'm following that. I'm trying to give out prices as much as I can on these forums so others will give prices back and I can see based on others how low I can go. As of right now, I don't think I've seen lower prices posted.
  • Options
    hatcaihatcai Member Posts: 1
    What price range can I expect to get in for a 2007 LX-V6 or EX-V6 in Connecticut or NYC metro area? Does anyone know of any dealer that is offering good incentives?

Thanks,
  • Options
    Outstanding price. I calulate the invoice at $22333 by adding $800 for the automatic transmission to the invoice link in the "2008 Honda Accord Coupe and Sedan" thread including the $635 destination. Your price would be $83 under invoice not including the additonal cost of pin stripes and door edge guards. Can you tell us the dealer or area you are in. That price would make my decision easy this weekend.
    Thanks. Invoice posted on message #3031 in the "2008 Honda Accord Coupe and Sedan" forum but my linking skills are not working. It appears only for manual transmission so I added $800 for automatic to get the invoice which should be very close.
  • Options
    stevewarren123stevewarren123 Member Posts: 2
    Any comment for the offer? www.kbb.com suggests $22,000.
  • Options
    rexzyrexzy Member Posts: 7
    Those are very good deals, could you tell me which dealer is is, i might go buy one tomorrow also.
    Thanks
  • Options
    benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    Yesterday afternoon we special ordered a white 2008 Accord EXL Navi with 5 Speed manual. It should arrive by late Nov. or early Dec. Got 1000 off of the list price of 27895, in other words about 26,900. That is a lot of money, but it's also a lot of car for the money. If my dealer was right, this will be the first car that Honda has built in this particular configuration.
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • Options
    oarsdadoarsdad Member Posts: 64
    I thought I'd paste the invoice link from the other Accord forum into this one. It does not have the prices for the Navi Accord's. However, for 2007, I think the Navi was a $2000 option with approx. $1800 of that amount being the dealer invoice. This year it's a $2200 option. So my guess is that about $2000 is the dealers cost for the Navi option. Remember to add the $635 dest. charge. Thanks to dd540 for the link.

2008 Accord invoice prices
  • Options
    Guys,
    I have been following this link for a while now and it really is going nowhere.When I go into buy a new car,and I am definitely ready to buy,not window shopping.I offer the sales manager $500.00 over the invoice on the car I want.On only 2 or 3 occasions has my offer been turned down.I also make sure that the invoice copy they show me is the actual car I am looking at.IMO the dealer is NOT entitled to any more profit than $500-600 over invoice.If the dealer isn't interested move on.In a day or two they will call back and make you a good deal.
    Doug
    PS:I have done this on Pontiacs,Toyotas.Cadillacs and Hondas,
  • Options
    vital411vital411 Member Posts: 67
    Congrats! Well this won't be the first car your dealer has built in this config - I ordered the same car in Blue on Monday :)
    I'm hopeful to get it in Nov.

I got it for 26800 but that's all they would go. I agree it's a lot of money, especially over an 07 of the same setup but this is a LOT more car.

I'm gonna work on them for the Rear Wing Spoiler and the Rear Camera after it comes in.
  • Options
    vital411vital411 Member Posts: 67
    Hi Doug,
    Yes that does work if it's a car they have in stock.
    The trouble with me is I always seem to want cars that aren't configured the way most people want them. So always wanting the "Rare" cars I either have to get them to do dealer swaps or in the case of the 08 Accord I just ordered they have a lot more power.
    Since they aren't sitting on the car, they aren't inclined to sell it. If they don't make a deal that is agreeable to them they don't feel as bad as they aren't paying interest on a car they could have sold.
    But you can also use that to tell the dealer that once the car comes off the truck it's a guaranteed sale. Therefore the dealer keeps all the hold back as well as whatever $ they sell it to you over invoice.

Either way with the 08s just hitting dealerships they haven't sat on them long enough to care about getting them out the door. They'd rather you buy an 07 to get rid of them before they start discounting the 08s as if they do that the 07s would never go.

Pretty much i know i'm paying a little more then i could in say February, however my current lease is up in Nov so i need a car by then. Maybe in 3 years when this lease is up it'll work out to be better timing.

Oh well!
  • Options
    Your point is well taken,in your case.Most new car buyers can usually find a car configured the way they want.Going $500.00 over invoice ,in most cases will not work to well on an 08 right out of the box.In six months it will work better.Again I do not feel a dealer is entitled to more than $500-600 over invoice.Remember,it's your money and they want to get as much of it as they can.
  • Options
    benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    We could almost start a tiny club of people who have special ordered this particular 08 Accord. My dealer did say other people have ordered this model, but so far (according to him, anyway) this is the first white one to be ordered.

Somehow, to me anyway, it seemed ok to pay a bit more for getting just the car we wanted...

It's still pricey, however, and I have to keep reminding myself of all the ways they've improved the car....
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • Options
    I think my new low for a 2007 Honda Accord EXL-NAV 4 cylinder Auto Sedan is $23,400 OTD in the DC area.

That seem like a good deal? I'm trying to see if one more dealer in the area will beat the price and then I'll try to see if I can negotiate an option like back up camera in.

What I really want though is a new Nav DVD for my '04 Accord. But I wonder if that's kind of a waste to get.. I don't know.
  • Options
    I am picking up my car later today. The dealership was a madhouse this morning and I didn't feel like waiting while the car was prepped. Looked at window sticker again and the destination was only 595.00 not 635.00 like on the Honda website. Everything else was the same. I paid $22,250 for a 2008 4cyl EX auto including destnation. The dealer is in the Chicago area. I will ask the internet manager if it is ok with them name them as the dealer. If you are in the chicago area you can email me and I will give you the salesman and dealer.
  • Options
    vietviet Member Posts: 847
    EX or EX-L? Thanks.
  • Options
    EX no leather.
  • Options
    Just got the price I wanted on a 2008 EX I4 automatic with cloth interior. $22471 plus TL and $25 doc fee. They want me to come in today and sign and said they will have the car here tonight or tomorrow. Is it unwise to write the check and then wait for the car? I need some input please.
  • Options
    jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    I don't see why you would need to put money up front to get an EX automatic sedan swapped with another dealer. It is not as if they cannot easily resell it if you cancel or you can't just go directly to another dealer that has one on their lot.

It's better to sit in a drive the actual car before committing to buy. They all look alike, but some drive slightly differently especially if there is some problem (rattles, alignment, etc.)
  • Options
    Thanks for the quick reply jaxs1. This has been a real task coming to a decision. So when I go to the dealer this afternoon I should just tell him get the car here and then call me? I have driven the 08 twice. I would like to drive the one I am going to buy without doing all the paperwork first. What if they want a deposit? No trade and I am going to write the check today or tomorrow. If they ask for a deposit and the car gets here and has 300 or whatever miles on it can I refuse and get my deposit back? Lots if questions but this seems like the best place to ask them.
  • Options
    emily668emily668 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, megankp,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. It is very helpful for me. I am just starting looking for a new car. If you don't mind, would you please send me the name of the salesman in Honda of Santa Ana?
    My email is emilychen9508@yahoo.com
    Thanks!
  • Options
    jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    Can you go look at some other dealers and see if there is one on their lots right now or coming soon?
    It shouldn't take very long to get an EX sedan automatic in almost any color without them having to do anything special to obtain it.
    You should just tell them you are interested in looking at it whenever they get it. It can be up to them whether they want to swap with another dealer to speed up the process and you shouldn't need to give them any deposit.
    You can also just go directly to a dealer that has it on their lot right now.
  • Options
    I paid $22,250 inc. $595 destination for a 2008 I4 EX cloth automatic in the Chicago area. They had about dozen or more sedans on the lot. All the coupes they had were sold. The last two were sold while I was there. They were going to near invoice on sedans but were getting full msrp on the coupes. They tried to make it back in the finance office but I declined an extended warranty and had my own financing. I think the sedan will be an invoice car by the end of next month.
  • Options
    dengjundengjun Member Posts: 9
    I tried to buy a 2007 Honda Accord V6 EXL AT yesterday.

It is a brand new car and there is only 30 mile on this car. When I tested drive, it is wonderful. But when I first checked the car, the “shift lock” release cover was missing.

I asked the dealer and he said it was okay. He just found one cover in his drawer and put it in. So I trusted him and signed the contract. Since it would take a while to install some option and clean up the car, I left the car in dealership and planed to pick up the car next Monday.

However, when I was back home and check the User manual online, it states, "If you need to use the Shift Lock Release, it means your vehicle is developing a problem. Have the vehicle checked by your dealer." It seems as if the car had a problem before I purchased it.

Is it a problem? Anyone knows why the cover was removed. Does anyone face the problem before? I do not know what I should do? If it is a problem with the Auto transmittion, could I ask for refunds or buy another new car? I have not picked up the car, but I signed the contract because the dealer told me it is fine.

Thanks. I appreciate any suggestions.
    :confuse:
  • Options
    blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    You can still avoid the contract. Once you take delivery and drive it off it's yours.
  • Options
    Thank you for the suggestion. should I use the lemon law? I signed the contract based on dealer's explanation but the car is still in the dealership.
  • Options
    stevenq99stevenq99 Member Posts: 36
    I wouldn't be too concerned. It was most likely missed when the car was prepped. You could try to call the service department and give the the vin and see if any work was done.
  • Options
    Hi Stevenq99,

Thank you for the explanations. I am just wondering why the cover needs to be removed when the car was prepped.

Do you want me to call service department in the same dealership, right?

Thank yu very much. Have a great weekend.
  • Options
    smr36smr36 Member Posts: 59
    Just insist the deposit be refundable on demand any time before you take delivery. Get it in writing.
  • Options
    hondagirl101hondagirl101 Member Posts: 1
    Was the cover removed or never installed? These covers are installed at the dealership, the person who did the pre delivery inspection probably just forgot to put the cover in place. You can tell if the cover has been removed by checking for scratching on the area around the cover, if removed there are usually scratches on this area. These covers can not just be grabbed and pulled out with your fingers. (Hondas have a 5 year or 60,000 mile warranty on the powertrain for 2006 and newer models, so if something were already going wrong with your vehicle you are covered.) I do think that the cover was just never removed and you should be fine, if you think the cover has been removed, see if the dealership is willing to change the car you are getting, becuase you have signed the contract already, you might not be able to do this, it is up to the dealership.
  • Options
    luv_my_jobluv_my_job Member Posts: 33
    Based on available info Invoice @ 21160+595 is 21755 so yout deal is 495 over correct?

Decent deal this early in the run, Chicago market will probably be 100 over in another month for the educated buyer.

In our marhet, DFW the coupe have not yet arrived....four dealers I spoke with Saturday am still don't seem to have a "firm" date of arrival.
  • Options
    nh07fannh07fan Member Posts: 5
    I would not worry at all. Sounds like it was just a cover. Beyond that my wife's transimission went on her 2000 Odyssey last spring and even well out of warranty they covered it 100% even giving us a rental car.
  • Options
    That is the deal I got. I called the dealership and asked for internet sales dept. I was lookinhg for a 2007 but they only had a few V6 manual coupes left. He mentioned that the 2008's had just come in and that they would deal on sedans. (coupes are still MSRP and they sold all the ones they had) I went to the dealership and asked for the guy and he sat me down with a regular salesman. He gave me a price of $22,250 inc. dest. on an I4 EX Auto. I didn't counter because I knew that was a great price. He actually said he would give me a better deal on a EX-L (they had more of those on the lot than anything else) but I didn't want leather.