Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    frankcariofrankcario Member Posts: 41
    That is an excellent price. What is the name of the dealer in Dallas?
  • Options
    picswimpicswim Member Posts: 2
    Hey everyone. I want to thank y'all for all your comments and input in this forum. I have never posted before but have been reading for months now. Thanks to everyone's input, I was well prepared to buy a black EX I4 sedan this weekend.

First, I live in North Carolina and worked with 6 dealers. The 3 best offers I got were:
    Everhart: $23,000 OTD with a free first place finish
    Flow: $22,700 OTD, but they never put it in writing
    Crown: $22,500 OTD with locks, guards and sunroof visor.

Naturally, I went with Crown. I was shocked they could do this price but I assure you, its what I wrote a check for yesterday. This is their breakdown:

Car: $21,343.69
    Tax: $640.31
    Tag and Title: $117
    Dealer Fee: $399
    OTD $22,500

Crown was absolutely amazing in this process. They were courteous, honest, and kind for the entire process. Again I thank everyone here because I never could have afforded $26,000 or so of sticker & Fees for the EX. If anyone wants to know more about the process I went through my email address is: picswim@hotmail.com. I owe $3,500 in savings to you.
  • Options
    bxmtxbxmtx Member Posts: 1
    Frank- Based on what i read of the post i would say the dealership is Rusty Wallace Honda. I was there on Saturday test driving an Accord EXL. I was told that they would sell me a 4cyl at dealer invoice.

If you have interest and are buying an Accord, we could go together and work a better deal if we were both buy an Accord. I have the name of a great guy there and already have an in with the sales manager.

bob
  • Options
    bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Ya, my dealer said they could sell an EX-L for invoice, but not a coupe EX-L. Which is fine for me, I will more than likely buy a Sedan.... But, this may sound silly, but its really about timing, and what color I should pick on the sedan. They have to be so casual colored....lol grr. I thought about black, not sure I am in the mood to keeping it up. It'll show every flaw, but it'll look so classy. I saw a blue Coupe, and its was the so beautiful, black leather. The dealer said they had one on the lot for 4 hrs, and it was gone. I don't plan on leasing til spring, I still have a few miles let on my current lease.
  • Options
    nreanrea Member Posts: 2
    Sunnfan: What dealership in the DC area has made the great offer? I'm also interested in an 08 Accord.

Thanks,

Nathan
  • Options
    cliffclavencliffclaven Member Posts: 23
    So Close to invoice can mean lots of $$$ can you just state the price for the car and list the options w prices? If the dealership made you a great deal and you are recommending them share the price information.
  • Options
    sunnfunsunnfun Member Posts: 168
    I found out last night that they are closed on Sundays. Something to do with the law in that county. Because of work and everything I won't be able to get there until next Sat morning. I will update this once I have met them. I did go to the lot this morning and looked around and they do have some colors that I like. I did verify that the offer is for a 4DR EXL V6, not the 4cyclinder. I am not sure why the invoice is so high in CA? The edmunds invoice lists it at 25500 W/O NAV(http://www.edmunds.com/new/2008/honda/accord/100939063/optionsresults.html?a- ction=2)
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    All dealers pay the same no matter where they are located.

Most of the internet sites show the destination charge as a seperate item which it is. A lot of people miss that. It's currently 635.00.
  • Options
    jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    "Ya, my dealer said they could sell an EX-L for invoice, but not a coupe EX-L"

This does not mean the dealer who sells at invoice will have the lowest OTD price. Just look at the whole picture (OTD price, dealer time, distance etc....) and judge from there.
  • Options
    macdad3996macdad3996 Member Posts: 12
    Just picked up an 2008 polished metal metallic w/black leather for $23,995 + TTL.
    Came to $25,821 OTD. This was in the Philadelphia area.
  • Options
    cliffclavencliffclaven Member Posts: 23
    I think I would write the check if I could have the EX-L with Nav V6 sedan for $26941 OTD. In my book that would be about $1100 ($27404 + $630 = $28034) below the cost to the dealer. If there is any dealers reading these forums and want to sell the 08 Basque Red V6 EXL with Nav for the $27000 range feel free to email me or reply to this post. I want to have the Wheel Locks, Splash Guards, Trunk liner, Floor Mats in with the price. I also would like to talk about life time oil changes, Extended Warranty and the rear spoiler/deck lid options and prices for each. If anyone has paid prices for the options I would like to know what is a reasonable price for them. :)
  • Options
    nreanrea Member Posts: 2
    I'm in the DC area and looking to buy a New 2007 Accord EX-L V6 without Navi. There are a few dealers around here that still have them available, but i have yet to ask about their OTD price. They've told me they're "deeply discounting" the old models, as one would expect.

Does anyone know what the few remaining 2007 Accord EX-L models are selling for? I'll be buying with cash (no trade). I would hate to go make an offer and have it be $1,000 more than what others are paying. I guess that's why we all use this forum. ;)

Thank you
  • Options
    danno810danno810 Member Posts: 5
    I live in No. Ca. Can you tell me what dealer quoted you 339 under invoice?
    thanks
  • Options
    phantomvphantomv Member Posts: 101
    Talk with Hendrick Honda or Koons - I got better deals over the internet from each of them - you should pay no more than $26,000 plus tax, tags and title.

But living in Manhattan, I got my Polished Metal 4 door EXL V-6 for $26,000 in ALbany, NY.
  • Options
    fleuryfleury Member Posts: 6
    Hey Danno810,

I got my 2008 4-Dr. Accord EX-L V6 without Nav at Honda of Stevens Creek for $25,708 before TTL. OTD it was $28,319. Hope this helps you.
  • Options
    daggerpointdaggerpoint Member Posts: 3
    i put a deposit on 2008 accord v6 coupe with navi. 2600 down 12k 48 for $400 is this a good deal
  • Options
    phantomvphantomv Member Posts: 101
    Metro will deal but not fun. Try DCH Paramus - I think his name was Harash Patel - they were offering me $25,950 including destination charge, plus tax, title, tags.
    2008 Polished Metal 4 Dr. Accord EXL V-6 w/o Navi.
  • Options
    pvd77pvd77 Member Posts: 11
    Hi,
    What city and state is this?

tnx
  • Options
    dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    I am not in the market for an Accord at this time, so I have no idea if these are good prices or not.

I was talking with a dealer I have purchased from and recommended in the past (in the Louisville, KY area) and he said they would do any Accord model except the EX-L V6 ones (short supply and strong demand) for 1% over invoice + their normal doc/notary/title fees - the total for all 3 is just under $500.

This would put an LX I4 AT at $698 over invoice, an EX-L I4 AT w/NAV at $760 over invoice, and an EX V6 AT (no leather) at $741 over.

Decent prices? I don't know, but I would think my local "never heard of prices this low" dealers would not get close to them. As I said, I have been following Accord prices....

Dennis
  • Options
    asitmehtaasitmehta Member Posts: 19
    Hello, I'm interested in a new Accord sedan EXL V6 w/ NAV. Edmunds gives me a price of $29,745. Besides the fact the car is new, and dealers are tough on negotiating, does anyone think I can get a better price? Thank. you.

zip-10530
  • Options
    mstyladymstylady Member Posts: 19
    DCH Paramus Honda is in Paramus, NJ (northern NJ)
  • Options
    Yes you can definiatly get a better price however you may have to travel a long ways.
  • Options
    parvizparviz Member Posts: 484
    Depending where you are of course, you should be able to get internet pricing of just around invoice of $28,000.
  • Options
    I don't want to re-open the OTD issue, but that ptice is $1100 below invoice and then TTL. As for the options...I paid $210 for the 4 following items: splash guards, trunk tray, wheel locks and all season floor mats. Grace Honda in San Bruno. Northern CA. (internet price a tad over $300, plus shipping of course).
  • Options
    vietviet Member Posts: 847
    Parviz:

How much did you pay for your '08 V6 EX-L w/ navi before TTL & those extra accessories? and when? @ Grace Honda? Thanks.
  • Options
    jkisjcajkisjca Member Posts: 8
    Grace Honda of San Bruno quoted the $27700, which expired on 12/31/07. The latest quote is $29000. They require a $1000 credit card deposit (refundable) to hold a quoted price until the expiration date. All of the dealers I've been dealing with have raised their quoted prices in the last month. I think they lowballed their quotes in Dec. to try to meet their Dec. and 2007 quotas.

I'm looking for the Alabaster silver metallic EX-L, V-6 sedan, AT, with Navi. I've been told that this car is in high demand therefore the higher quotes. You may be able to get lower quotes for other colors.
  • Options
    Jkisjca:

Go for it Jkisjca. I bought it already. Be sure you buy an EX-L V6, sedan w/ navi. You cant be wrong. I was getting tired with those dealers who "jacked up" their price within a month or so. You will be a woman "in style" driving a "monster" V6 EX-L w/ super hi-tech navi.

My '02 Accord V6 EX: Very good @ 200 HP
    '03 V6 EX: Awesome @ 240 HP
    '05 V6 Hybrid: Excellent , Love to conquer long trips with sharply winding roads @ 255HP
    '08 V6 EX-L w/Navi: Excellent with 268HP.

Life is so short. Therefore, buying top-notch cars you love within your budget.
  • Options
    08accord08accord Member Posts: 2
    Rusty Wallis Honda, deal was done in 15 minutes.
  • Options
    stephanie2167stephanie2167 Member Posts: 15
    Send me an e-mail at lift_young@yahoo.com. I'll give you the name of the salesman who helped me. I can't post it on this board. Also, I'm not sure what the prices are for this car w/ Nav. Mine doesn't have nav.

This was Carson Honda in Carson, California.
  • Options
    ramstein317ramstein317 Member Posts: 47
    I figured, I shared this to you all. I am in NJ. I am planning to finance the 2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V6 No Navigation. Price that I was offered by the dealer was- $24,915. Second, I also showed interest in a 2008 Honda Accord Sedan EX-L V6 (Nav) for $26,903. As you can see, per edmunds, this dealer is offering me under invoice. I don't know why. But, I would sure like to know what you all think of this. The prices were quoted to me via e-mail from their Internet Sales Dept. By the way, does anybody know what are the current financing rate through AHFC? I checked their website, but didn't gave me rates for financing this since they just launched this model back in Sep 07. Thanks!!
  • Options
    pvd77pvd77 Member Posts: 11
    Is black exterior difficult to maintain? Even with todays high tech kind of paint?
  • Options
    Dust and dirt show up really bad, so you have to keep in clean.

Every little dent and ding will show up as will any scratches or swirl marks.

Gets a good bit hotter in the sun inside than a lighter color.

It is not more difficult to maintain (other than you would have to clean it more often) and the results are certainly stunning when properly washed and waxed, but the negatives (for me) out weigh the positives.

Dennis
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    I've owned my last black car for the reasons listed in that last post.
  • Options
    E-mail the dealer back and make sure the prices they quoted you include DESTINATION and are not just for the car itself. Also ask how much their "doc" or "prep" fees are, if any. Some dealers have been known to quote the price and leave off the $635 destination fee. Then you go to buy they add it back in and your deal is not as sweet as you thought. Ditto the dealer fees - some charge as high as $500 now - so always get price quote that includes the car, destination, and any dealer fees. The rest of the stuff - taxes, tags, etc will be the same from any local dealer.

The 08 Accord is new and selling well and there are no current discount finance rates that I have heard about. What I would do is get pre-approved through your bank or credit union or someplace like CapitalOne before you go to the dealership. Then challenge the dealer to beat your financing rate, if they can then you go with them, if they can't you use your pre-approved loan. Never walk in without a pre-approved loan, otherwise you can't know if the dealer is giving you the buy rate or is marking it up.

Dennis
  • Options
    macdad3996macdad3996 Member Posts: 12
    I got my loan through the Pentagon Federal Credit Union. New car loan @ 4.99% for 60 months. Probably the lowest you will get. Anyone can join for $20. Whole application done online and received check in three days.
  • Options
    uscratchuscratch Member Posts: 27
    I got 5.40% 36mo. from AHFC last month in Ilinois.
    It all depends on your credit score tough.
  • Options
    uscratchuscratch Member Posts: 27
    I have a black on black 08 coupe. It sure does show dirt and scratches, but it looks beautiful when it's clean. I was thinking about getting a polished metal or silver, but when I saw a black, I was sold.
    Now it's too late, I just have to keep it clean.
  • Options
    I agree, nothing much looks better than a clean, polished, dent free black car.

My first car (way back in ancient times :D) was white and no matter how much I waxed it I could never get the shine like my friend had on his baby blue Cutlass. I have tried to not own a white car since then....

Dennis
  • Options
    Quotes via e-mail does not mean squat...what matters is the OTD price..... we ALL pay an OTD price.
  • Options
    Quotes via e-mail does not mean squat ...... what matters is the OTD price..... we ALL pay an OTD price.

OTD prices don't mean squat, the OTD price each of us pays is completely different :D .

We have 7% state sales tax here, other states have 5%, some 3%. If I post my OTD price you learn nothing if you live in a 3% tax state, ditto if you live in a 5% state. The only way my OTD price helps anyone at all is if they live in the same state as me.

Posting the price paid for the car including destination and any dealer fee is the only way to properly post prices. All of us here should then be able to add our own taxes to the price and determine our own local OTD prices.

Dennis
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,196
    If we start this discussion, again... you will all be sent to your rooms...

I mean it.. :surprise:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    you will all be sent to your rooms

With or without supper :D ?

Dennis
  • Options
    honda_likerhonda_liker Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a Polished Metal sedan for invoice +$1,000 in Seattle. Could have probably gotten another couple of hundred more off the price, but the dealer went above and beyond to find me the exact car that I requested. Manual in the EX-L Nav are hard to locate. Dealer swap came from 150 miles away and they pulled it off in just a couple of days. If you are on the fence about the nav, it's very impressive. The 4 cyl makes full use of the power when paired with the manual. Highly recommend the team I worked with if you want the contact info.
  • Options
    ramstein317ramstein317 Member Posts: 47
    Will do! By the way, when do you predict that their (AHFC), will be more cheaper on a national level? I see that the new CR-V has the 2.9% financing for well qualified buyers. In fact, my friendt just bought a 2008 CR-V AWD for that rate! Thanks again for the feedback.
  • Options
    There is no telling, Honda "owns the bank" so they set the rates to move cars as needed. If sales slow then they put better rates on. It was really nice when they were "dueling" with other cars for best selling honors they could really put up some nice deals. Some times even when sales are slow they don't have great rates, go figure.

When I was watching them closer on Accord rates the lease deals got better in March, then April, then May. But that was that one year and may not reflect what they will do this year.

I think the big number with them (and most car makers) is "days supply" - the number of cars they have on hand and in the pipeline nationwide. If they have a lot of cars (say more than 20 days supply) then they put out incentives. If they have few cars (say < 10 days supply) then they have no cheap money deals. I think that is more important than the sales numbers - they could set a record January but due to increased production have 30 days worth of cars on their hands, so will offer cheap money to help move them. "Days supply" is the number of days it would take them to run out of cars if they quit making more today.

Dennis
  • Options
    spidah74spidah74 Member Posts: 1
    Price sounds good from a dealer...

I am selling a 2 door coupe 4cyl. leather w/Nav for 19,000. Great condition low miles under 30,000. Highway miles only.
  • Options
    garv214garv214 Member Posts: 162
    Spidah74

Don't get too upset if willbaker doesn't get back to you, his orginal post is almost 3 years old (March 01, 2005)...

GB ;)
  • Options
    sodaguysodaguy Member Posts: 84
    I just received the weekly e-mail specials from Anderson Honda in Palo Alto, CA. They have an Accord EX I4 Automatic sedan for $21,288 + TTL. Just throwing this out here, maybe it'll help someone.
  • Options
    Hi Viet,
    The price before extras and TTL was $27,710. I also paid $660 for the rearview camera and $220 for the mats, locks, tray and splash guards. I also bought the 8 yr/120K $0 deductible Honda Care for $995 (matched the on-line price), all plus TTL. I bought it in December of last year. I think part of getting a better price was timing and location, he said they don't like black/ivory combo in the Bay Area!! That was my first choice, in fact.
  • Options
    Parviz:

Is the price with NAVI or No NAVI ? As to the Extended Warranty could you please email me @ Vietsi2002@yahoo. com for the wesbite and contact email address. Thanks.