Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    jrkflajrkfla Member Posts: 21
    kuhn
  • Options
    ksigler2ksigler2 Member Posts: 2
    The car is the exl v6 4 door sedan.

Also I did online financing and had it ready to go. The finiancial guy at the dealership asked what rate i got online (5.74 through capital one )(this was way after price was agreed) and said he could beat it. He did (5.55%) and I financed through the dealership. If you care, it was done at Koon's in Manassas.
  • Options
    sunnfunsunnfun Member Posts: 168
    Wow that's a great deal! Lowest I have seen so far for the V6. I did the same with financing (pre-approval, etc.) and ended up going with AHF and I think I got 5.75. I did check with Koons but they were not willing to deal so I ended up with a dealer in Md.
  • Options
    nmsgnmsg Member Posts: 39
    Thanks to everyone that helped me with putting my email address in my profile.

lambu,
    Please send me the information in regards to the 08 Accrod EX auto for 23,800 OTD.
  • Options
    in tampa

for ex 4 auto : 21.9 plus 600 doc
    for exl 4 auto: 23.7 plus 600 doc

so it works out to be 250 over invoice. think i can do better?

also, does anyone pay for wheel locks and floor mats anymore?

help!!! want to get this done today or early tomorrow.
  • Options
    nmsgnmsg Member Posts: 39
    jrkfla,
    wheel locks are very cheap and you can get them at a regular auto store. the car should come with regular floor mats so you shouldn't have to pay. 600 doc fee is little on the expensive side. can you tell me where the honda is located in tampa? we are also looking for EX.
  • Options
    steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    You got that deal because of the color.
    Just Kidding!!! :D
    170miles!
    The car was either a demo or was driven from one dealer to another. The Window Sticker will show which dealership the car was originally shipped to. If its different than where you bought it that would explain the mileage. Did you see the car before prep? Was it still wrapped in plastic and such?
    FWIW, it is legal to sell a car as NEW as long as it hasn't been titled yet so mileage technically doesn't matter. .
  • Options
    chd1chd1 Member Posts: 8
    $25,341.88 ($300 below invoice)

$635 (Destination)

$99 (Dealer Processing - standard in area)

$238 (MD tags/registration - I thought this was a little high, but every dealer came back with the same numbers)

$1,276.62 (taxes given $5,000 tax credit for trade - best offer on trade)

$201.20 (wheel locks and mud guards - not happy about this, but they were on the car when I looked at it - given $300 under invoice though and the tough-to-find silver color, I sucked it up)

$27,791.80 OTD for me.

Highly recommend Norris Honda in Dundalk, MD (where I purchased) and Anderson Honda in Baltimore, MD (where I might have purchased if they hadn't sold the silver an hour before I arrived). Both have friendly Internet sales departments that offer aggressive pricing.
  • Options
    steevosteevo Member Posts: 389
    Seems Maryland always has the best prices.
  • Options
    I know coupes are hard to find but that's $300 more than my 4Dr which I bought in early Jan. (I got mine from Laurel Honda)
  • Options
    MSRP/Invoice for EX-L V6 Sedan is about $200-300 less than EX-L V6 Coupe.
  • Options
    I just looked it up and you are correct. I have not bought a 2 Dr in 14 years so I would have never guessed it was more. Although I find it interesting that the manual is the same price as the AT. I guess you learn something new everyday!!
  • Options
    vietviet Member Posts: 847
    Kisgler2,

Initially I felt in love with the mystic green and planned to buy that but finally I bought the metal polished w/ navi as it came to the nearest dealer while some other buyers wanted to buy it out on top of me. It was scary. You got a real good deal in term of pricing & color. Congrats !
  • Options
    parvizparviz Member Posts: 484
    Actually my price was for an AT model, the MT should be a little less. You are right it is getting harder and harder to find any of those leftover 07's, and if so you may have to drive a little to get to them. A friend of mine has the 07 and he loves it. Good luck.
  • Options
    asmith262asmith262 Member Posts: 6
    Bought V4 EX-L no Navi last evening; no hassle, no pressure. Curry/Chamblee
    Invoice+ dest: $23,843
    7% tax: $1,669
    title: $21
    total OTD: $25,533
    Dealer arranged 5.9% financing
  • Options
    personatechpersonatech Member Posts: 105
    I stopped by a Raleigh dealer after hours yesterday and was surprised to see a couple of 4dr "demos" on the lot. An EX-L sedan polished metal/black leather was particularly enticing, with 5200 miles noted on the sticker. I suspect this was really the sales manager's driver or something and not a true demo, but who knows? Anyway, what kind of discount below the current invoice should one try to negotiate for a car such as this?

FWIW, the dealer also had a "Honda Certified Used" Basque Red EX-L V6 no navi (not sure of the mileage) "dealer priced" at 27999 - only $700 less than the "new" sticker!!! With "deals" like that, perhaps I shouldn't get my hopes up!?... What kind of discount would be reasonable for a certified used '08?
  • Options
    In my search for a car, I too came across situations like that. The used was priced way more than what I paid for my EXL V6 w/ navi, granted there was room for negotiation but I just wanted a new one! On the demo end, I checked out 2, one with 3000 miles, and another with 2500 miles, the prices at the time (2 months ago) were very close to the lower mileage cars so I opted to stay away from them. Even though they say that new cars don't need to go through the break in period (not as much as older years), I would still be hesitant to buy a new higher mileage car. The first 1000 miles are important to me. I want to be sure how it was treated so if something goes wrong later I won't be blaming myself for saving a couple of hundred dollars and buying the higher ,mileage car. Having said that for a car with 5200 miles, I would expect to pay at least $2000 less than low mileage cars, not scientific but my preference.
  • Options
    bug4bug4 Member Posts: 370
    FWIW, it is legal to sell a car as NEW as long as it hasn't been titled yet so mileage technically doesn't matter.

I believe there is a mileage limitation in some states.
  • Options
    I think the Fed Gov't uses the .38 per mile number (if I remember right) so I would go with that. 38 X 5000 is about $1900 so if I was looking at this car, I would work off that number as far as a discount.
  • Options
    chisox1chisox1 Member Posts: 1
    Purchased an EX-L V6 on 2/28. Car purchased with no dealer add on's. This was a bit of a challenge, however after stating several times that I was not going to pay for items "crap" that I did not want, they offered the vehicle without add-on's.

Price = 25,800 + TTL

Finance Rate = 5.3% 60 Months offered through dealer
  • Options
    fuzzydicefuzzydice Member Posts: 9
    bump
  • Options
    fuzzydicefuzzydice Member Posts: 9
    how did you ever make out with getting this car...am interested in the same minus the navi. how did the MT impact your residual on the lease? thanks.
  • Options
    ddchemistddchemist Member Posts: 7
    Bought it yesterday in Maryland and OTD $ 22.9K
    any comments?
  • Options
    abhikuabhiku Member Posts: 124
    Anyone knows where can I purchase OEM Accessories? any reputed sites out there to buy splash guards, wheel locks, edge guards etc.

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    macdad3996macdad3996 Member Posts: 12
    I purchased a spoiler from autohondapart.com and they were the cheapest and shipping was very fast. Great customer service.
  • Options
    can you break this down for me?

cost + destination
    dealer fees

thanks
  • Options
    I've used Jayhonda.com out of Ohio.
  • Options
    medic78medic78 Member Posts: 11
    Do you guys think honda will have special financing on the new accords soon? Seems Nissan and Toyota always do. Has anyone received an APR lower than 5.5% for the accord?
  • Options
    kaitian03kaitian03 Member Posts: 9
    If you are in DC metro area, could you let me know which dealer you got your car from?
  • Options
    I negociated OTD price from the beginning to the end. In my purchase order, the cashier broke it down.
    Sale price: 21380.18
    Tax: 1282
    Tag, title fee: 237
  • Options
    Criswell honda in Germantown
  • Options
    jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    You can get 4.99% financing for any new car if you open an account at Pentagon Federal Credit Union.
    Anyone can open an account at that credit union if you join National Military Family Association for a $20 fee.
  • Options
    sparky_jonessparky_jones Member Posts: 3
    Here's the deal I got at Bernardi Honda, Natick, MA for a new 2008 Accord 2.4 LX 4Dr Automatic for a Polished Metal Metallic.

Price (incl $635 destination): $18,998
    Documentation: $295
    5% MA sales tax: $949.9
    Title Fee: $5
    New Plates: $86
    Total OTD: $20,333.90

This was a cash deal. Did I get a good deal?
  • Options
    teqpteqp Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in buying a 2007 Accord EX-L V6 w/o Navigation. I am new to this site and would like to get some input as to the going price and OTD price that people have been recently getting. I was quoted $25 OTD and want to see if that is reasonable. Of course, I would expect to get something lower than that. I am in Southern California,if that makes a difference. Thank you for the input.
  • Options
    Norris Honda in Dundalk, MD and Anderson Honda in Baltimore, MD are worth the trip.
  • Options
    If it is really OTD (destination, tax, license, etc.) I think that is one of the best numbers you'll get based on the So Ca tax`rate that is very good. It is my understanding that there is not much money left to be made on the 07's by the dealers this time of the year.
  • Options
    sparklandsparkland Member Posts: 120
    I just went to the dealer and found a 2008 Accord 4 cylinder EX-L with EVERY option including leather except NAV. It was priced at 27,400 and the selling price is 23,000 here in Denver, Colorado.

It seems like a nice discount. Has a moonroof, heated seats, xm, spoiler, rubber mats, clear bra, just to name a few.

Financing is at 6% so that seemed a little high.

Do you think that is a good price for a laoded EX-L? I have not seen much discounting of accords lately.

Thanks, Brad
  • Options
    If the $23,000 includes destination and all the add-ons you mentioned that is a very good price. I am not sure how much the dealer doc fee is in Denver, but keep in mind it is mostly, if not all, gravy. So if the price is $23K plus TTL, great, I would go for it. Also if you are interested in extended Honda Care, don't pay more than $995 for 8 yr., 120K mi, $0 deductible. Good luck.
  • Options
    sparklandsparkland Member Posts: 120
    The documentation fee is $399. I just noticed the price on the car was 23,499 but when they ran the paperwork it said 24,889 so they apparently tried to up the price from what was on the car.

That makes me mad. Guess I will not fall in love with the car--though it has everything we wanted--and shop with another dealer.

The base price of the car was 26,495 but add-ons were:
    Clear bra and mirrors 395
    Spoiler 607
    Mats/spalsh guards/visors 481
    Karr Security 595
    Window tint 299

The discount off this total was 4000--so I thought that was fair.

Hope I can get this settled.

Financing was at 6.19%

Leasing was $3000 down $306 per month for 36 or $1000 down and $367 per month. The price per month did not change much for a lease of 48 months.

Thanks Brad
  • Options
    traumertraumer Member Posts: 19
    Do to the fact that my only local dealer thinks his Hondas are made of gold and won't come down from MSRP I'm thinking of buying one in Minneapolis. What are your buying experiences with any area dealers? Any dealers I should avoid?
  • Options
    Well, it is better you notice now than when you get there or worse yet, after you drive it off the lot! The Edmond's invoice on that car is $24,063. You should be able to get one for right around that price (including destination and doc fee), any added options are your preference but I would not pay more than cost or the online price at the most for any option that I "want", don't let them think you have to buy it with all those options, I4's are available much more than V6 and non-navi. You will find the car you want, just be patient! Just so you have an idea, I paid $210 for splash guard, wheel locks, trunk tray and all-season floor mat. Check the online prices on the options you want and go with that or less (there is profit in the online prices too!). As for financing, 6.19 seems a little high at this time. Credit unions in nor ca are advertising 5.45% and you are better off getting pre-approved and in most cases the dealer will meet or beat your rate if you tell them you have your financing lined up. If you search for older posts, someone mentioned you could sign up for a particular credit union on line and get 4.9% financing. That's very good these days.
    try sending out 15 or more emails to all the dealers within a 100-120 mile radius and you'll find your favorite car at the right price very soon!
  • Options
    ahagansahagans Member Posts: 6
    I noticed there weren't many info about coupe so here it is.
    I just picked up mine in Houston, TX yesterday.

Coupe 4 cyl EX w/ splash guards, wheel locks, pinstripe and unlimited power train warranty (dealership special).
    22350 + TTL , OTD = $23804.

This was the only available black EX coupe in houston, austin, san marcos, roundrock area but I still mangaged to get a decent price.
  • Options
    mokiavellimokiavelli Member Posts: 60
    I just returned form Boston yesterday and I saw Boch has it for $15,988 cash deal. No finance. On their website, they have the LX-P for 18,888.

In california, under 19 is not a bad deal for a LX automatic.
  • Options
    rkh29rkh29 Member Posts: 9
    I have been looking at EX -L 4 or 6 without nav prices here in WA and OR for last couple of months. Prices in Western WA and OR seem to be higher than many other parts of the country
    Some quotes:
    From Tonkin Gresham Honda (OR)
    Thank you again for your request for information on the 2008 Honda Accord EXL 4cyl.
    MSRP is $26,495.00. As an Internet shopper your price will be $24,662.98.
    Thank you again for your request for information on the 2008 Honda Accord EXL V6.
    MSRP is $28,695.00. As an Internet shopper your price will be $27,695.97

Finally got a fairly good quote from:
    Jay Lee's Gladstone Honda

I have Polished Metal, black, silver, and red in stock. Most have splash guards ($151), wheel locks ($105), and a trunk tray ($138), total accessories $394.

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4D Automatic
    MSRP is $26,495
    Invoice is $24,062
    Internet Price is $23,962*
    (Price includes Destination Charge, $635.00)

I have Royal Blue, White Diamond, and Polished Metal. There are fewer of these in the region. The accessories are similar to the 4-cylinder models.

2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6 4D Automatic
    MSRP is $28,695
    Invoice is $26,050
    Internet Price is $26,995*
    (Price includes Destination Charge, $635.00)
    *Price Quote is Valid for 3 days only on Vehicles in Stock.
    Price does not include: DMV Lic.& Doc. Fees, or Dealer-Installed Accessories.

Those are the best written quotes that I have received. I am currently looking at Capital City Honda in Olympia, WA and I have decided to focus search on just the 4 cyl EX-L in red and will report on response from Capital City.
  • Options
    jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    Notice that it says doc fees are not included which makes the quote useless if they don't specify the amount of the doc fee up front.
    On top of that, it looks like they install accessories at extra cost even if you weren't interested in them.

$105 for wheel locks???

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/honda_accord_4dr_accessories/2008_accord_wheels- .htm

Add the cost of accessories plus the cost of their doc fee and you have the real price.
  • Options
    skv73skv73 Member Posts: 3
    Hi where did you see the deal of 15,988 ( i am in boston)
  • Options
    popomama1popomama1 Member Posts: 4
    Got a 08 LX-P Auto with $20,881 OTD. Is this a good price?
  • Options
    kaitian03kaitian03 Member Posts: 9
    Is this an auto or manual one?That is the best price I have ever seen! I will appreciate if you can break down the price and let me know your location. :)
  • Options
    popomama1popomama1 Member Posts: 4
    $18,888+destination: $635+$298 Doc+$84.5 new title+5% tax.

I am in MA.
  • Options
    bug4bug4 Member Posts: 370
    Sparkland -- What dealership are you looking at in Denver? I bought my 4 cyl 08 EX-L at 104th Go Honda - but I bought mine 2 or 3 weeks after they were released. Needless to say, I paid a higher price. But, I'd be interested to know what they are selling for now at that dealership.

BTW, when I bought mine (although it was at a higher price), they did throw in the spoiler, the automatic transmission and the clear bra for free. [The clear bra was free only because I told them I didn't want it and when they installed it anyway, I told them I would back out of the deal--and I would have.] They also gave me a ridiculously high value on the trade-in of my 98 Accord. With the free accessories and trade-in, I'm fairly sure I paid no more than $500 over invoice for the thing. (Of course, I don't think that was intentional. . . . I think the used car manager was on crack when he inspected my car and gave my salesman the trade-in value :) ).

Very happy with the car . . . .