Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Member Posts: 1,051
    .00129 is only on V6 Sedans. I'm still trying to confirm if the V6 Coupe went down to .00129 as well.

Sales must have really dropped for the V6's for Honda to drop the rate like they did on the 29th of the month.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    mdominikmdominik Member Posts: 10
    Regarding the LX offer @ 219, I did a calculation and figure the MF to be .00129 there too (using the Edmunds lease calculator and playing with the MF until the payment matched).

So for me, the question is, will a dealer use that MF for an LX-P?
  • Options
    godwheelgodwheel Member Posts: 25
    Might want to go to the leasing section of the accord forum to get better answers on this...
  • Options
    mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    "carlosmeade, at 750 under invoice the dealer is still making money. First there are rebates from Honda..."

WRONG, flat out wrong. There are ZERO Honda to dealer incentives on the Accords right now.

"2nd are incentives..."

Which incentives? Ohh thats right, there are none!

"3rd there is something called dealer hold back on every car. Don't you do your homework?"

Dealer hold back is equal to 3% of the base MSRP. Do the math. The dealer is LOSING $100.00 real dollars to sell a car. Don't you do your homework?
  • Options
    sethnagasethnaga Member Posts: 50
    That is a crap. Any time when a dealer says he is loosing money selling the car, it is load of crap. No dealer loses money. The fact is an average (Most) buyers are scared to negotiate and pay way more for the car than they should pay
  • Options
    Actually it's not "crap". This month I have sold six Accords at a true loser. But, there are other areas in the dealership that NEVER lose money, which allows the new car department to take some losses.

You figure service and parts, used cars and the F&I office are profit centers for the delaership. Now-a-days the new car department carries about a $600.00 - $800.00 per car average gross profit.

As I have stated many times before on this board; if there were additional money out there in terms of factory to dealer incentives, everyone who reads these boards would know about it. You dont really think that Honda has somehow managed to get every consumer advocate web site, edmunds included, to not share super-secret money (that you seem to think exist) they are paying dealer to sell Honda's do you?
  • Options
    alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Have to agree that with the internet things have certainly improved a great deal in regards to pricing information however I'm guessing that doesn't necessarily mean true cost information is out there. For one I don't think Honda would allow that type of information to be made available to the public not to mention if there are incentives out there may not show all of them as I'm sure certain markets can afford to offer more incentives. Other sites have mentioned how Honda has cracked down on dealerships concerning price information and do monitor what is put out on the internet by them. Does a customer have a right to know true cost information, probably not where the problem arises is when the prices swing so wildly from one market to another.
  • Options
    psyevolutionpsyevolution Member Posts: 26
    quote 28050 (car price only)
    no accessories. and no upgrade
    plus tax .08375+dmv=30400 OTD
    how is this price people. need help. will buy in 2-3 weeks.
    still looking for better price..
  • Options
    Yesterday I wanted a sedan, today a coupe, so now I am coupe pricing.

2008 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe Automatic V6

Sale price:25935.03
    Accessories:695
    Acq Fee:595
    DOC Fee: 349
    License Fee:482.08
    State Misc Fee:6.5
    Tire Disp Fee:5
    Total:27225.03
    Term:36
    Rate:.00186
    Vehicle MSRP:28695
    Residual Factor:55%
    Residual Value:15782.25
    Due at signing:1272.46
    Monthly Base:397.85
    Mesa Tax 8.05%:32.03
    Month Total Payment: $429.88

Dealer has come down 1100 on sale price, but only $140 on accessories. refuses to budge on those (tint, splash, trunk, locks)

One thing I noticed is the MSRP of 28,695. Every where I read even on the Honda web site they have 28,980 as the MSRP. Could this mean this vehicle has been sitting on the lot for a while, delivered before a price increase?
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    drknight1989drknight1989 Member Posts: 1
    I've followed this board for awhile now and I decided to finally create an account to ask you guys can you kindly tell me what would be a good OTD price on a 08 accord coupe EX-L V6 in California?
  • Options
    doctorb98doctorb98 Member Posts: 4
    Best deal I've found in NJ...

Total cost of car...$28354...$54 over invoice
    $199 doc fee
    $354 DMV
    $1992 tax

$30900 OTD....any thoughts/ advice / experiences?
  • Options
    wchangwchang Member Posts: 6
    Hi

does anyone know the August Lease and finance rates yet?
    I know i don't qualify for the super high tier rating, does anyone know what the preferred rating tier rates are? (the one just under the top tier)

thanks
  • Options
    On the Honda web site every special they have expires 9/2 so I don't think there are any changes for August.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    pinellasfunpinellasfun Member Posts: 6
    $30900 - That better be an EX-L V6 at that price. If that's a 4cyl, you're getting robbed. If that's a 6cyl, then you're doing OK.

We just recently bought one in Florida. My best OTD price was $30647 including Tax, Tag, Title (my local county taxes are $50+6% - you do the math to back it out).
  • Options
    Yes it is a V6 and it's white...only a hand full of white in the state of NJ...
  • Options
    Yes. I don't think any customer knows the TRUE COST the dealer pays. If the dealer is 'losing' money how many of them are prepared to show the actual cost invoice they incurred?

The reality is most of the dealers play games and try to sell at ridiculous prices and people who don't do the home work pay the price.
  • Options
    Has anyone ever negotiated more then the free 3 month XM subscription when buying a car? I am looking at creative ways to get a better deal in my negotiations. I'm going to buy the XM, so why not see if I can get the $13 a month covered by the dealer because you know they can get a much better rate. I get Sirius now for $6 a month through work. I know the two merged this week, but they are not going to have billing merged for quite some time.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    Aside from giving you a station guide, dealers have no interaction with XM. I will say this; when I leased my Pilot last year I let the XM expire after 90 days. Within a few days, XM sent me a letter stating if I choose to order one year up-front, I would get it for half price -- so I jumped all over it.

I dont know if this is the norm, but I know of two other people that got the same offer.
  • Options
    July 08 Accord sales are up 2.8% over July 07 sales. This might sound real good compared to Ford, GM, etc. But with YTD sales up 12% and July 07 sales probably hampered by the anticipation of the 08 Accord I don't think July was a very good month for the Accord. Anyone thing we'll see anymore promotions/lease changes before 9/2 because of these numbers?
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    with navi ?
  • Options
    yes w/ navi
  • Options
    gmanandgegmanandge Member Posts: 19
    'As I have stated many times before on this board; if there were additional money out there in terms of factory to dealer incentives, everyone who reads these boards would know about it. You dont really think that Honda has somehow managed to get every consumer advocate web site, edmunds included, to not share super-secret money (that you seem to think exist) they are paying dealer to sell Honda's do you?'

This statement is problematic because these programs actually do exist. They have existed, at one time or another, for each and every manufacturer, and could exist now for Honda or any other manufacturer and Edmunds would actually not have any information about them or very little information about them. Part of the reason that they would not have any information about these programs (the step-stair type dealer cash programs) is that the programs are not simple or easy to understand. Rebates and/or low finance rates are easy to understand. These programs are not. Objectives are usually different for each dealer. Honda might base dealer cash objectives on the planning potential of the market area for a particular dealer while Ford might base their objectives on past sales for same time periods. General Motors might target one model for the cash but count all sales towards an arbitrarily selected objective. The point is that the programs themselves are quite complicated and very difficult to communicate. This, of course, is absolutely intentional. Honda really does not want me or you or Edmunds or anyone else other than dealership decision makers to know about the details of these programs. They are purposefully complicated in order to generate in-house excitement, so to speak, but not 'out-of-house' awareness other than to stimulate more sales. Whether there is a dealer cash program going on presently, however, is really, in actuality, irrelevent. What matters to me and you and all the other consumers in this forum is 'How can I reduce the cost of my primary means of transportation given the fact that I have made a choice to buy or lease a new car?'. And 'Who are the low price retailers in my market area and how can I use them to answer the first question?'.

And to answer your question: Yes....Honda and every other vehicle manufacturer has in the past managed to and could quite possibly in the present be managing to keep their dealer cash program a secret.
  • Options
    skwskw Member Posts: 28
    Replying to my own post here but for anyone interested we went back to Boch yesterday and ended up getting the white on ivory color combo we wanted w/ the manual transmission. LX 4cyl $18,400 3yr 36,000mi lease $1,250 total out of pocket up front, $229.34/mo, & .00186MF (OTD incl tax, title, reg, dest, doc fee, & insp sticker). Hopefully picking it up tomorrow. As a side note there was a couple there trying for an EX-L 4cyl black on black, they went back and forth for almost an hr. Sales mgr kept saying to make him an offer above $23,000 and the highest they came to was $22,800. He came back and offered them $23 even, they still pushed for the $22,800, then he told them to have a good night. I found it funny that even at 9:00pm on the very last day of the month a dealer would let a sale walk out the door over only $200.
  • Options
    needashowerneedashower Member Posts: 39
    $23,000 is a good price to pay for that EX-L. The buyer was a bit greedy in my opinion. New TLs are going for $28K.
  • Options
    While you present a well thought out explanation of your therory, you missed something. Something important in regards to Honda sales (and perhaps everyone else). Prices paid would relfect that money being counted -- AND people here would know about it. Look back to April of this year. There was $400.00 paid to dealers on each 4cyl Accord sedan sold through a stair step program. To my amazement, EVERYONE here knew about the $400.00 the day it was announced. That day you saw the best deals on this board being under cut by an additional $400.00!! So while the program is intended to stay away from the public, the public ALWAYS finds out.

Feel free to look back through March and April, you'll see when the stair step program hit. So yes, people do know about it and the proof is just a few clicks away.
  • Options
    Think about it though.....suppose at that time the retailers in any given market area had not or would probably not reach their objective(s). The $400 dealer cash incentive, in those cases, do not matter to the buyers in those market areas nor do they matter to those dealers. So, in the blogosphere (here, for example) people know that there is an incentive-probably $400-but they don't know this to be absolutely a fact; it only exists in the blogosphere and in the market areas where the dealers have hit their objective(s) and some have started reducing their prices but not necessarily by $400 across the board. And, in fact, it may not even be true in your particular market area because those retailers are not there yet; they have not hit their objective(s). This whole concept is nothing like a national advertising campaign telling the '$1000 rebate or 0% financing' story. There is a lot of mystery surrounding the pricing and the timing. In fact, if you had looked at the manufacturer's incentives listed on the official Edmunds website, then you would have seen someting like this: 'There are no customer cash rebates or incentives available at this time.' Sorry...gotta go...wife calling.
  • Options
    himitdihimitdi Member Posts: 4
    Well, I did the deal, and took delivery of my '08 Polished Metal Metallic LX-P yesterday, and I love the car. I've already got 400 miles on it!

I had 4 of the 5 dealers that I stopped in at call me yesterday wanting to do something before the end of the month, so I took the rest of the day off from work, and had them value my trade and give me thier best price. Competition is the consumers friend, that is for sure!

My deal was this.

19,215 for the 08 Accord
    -7,650 for my 05 civic
    ---------
    11,565 taxable transaction
    +199 ubiquitous dealer fee (included some sort of plastic coat thing?)
    ---------
    +823.48 sales tax
    -----------
    +6097.58 trade balance
    ------------
    +300.00 dmv fees (they say they refund the difference via check in the mail after they register the car)
    -------------
    -16,320 financed thru AHF at 3.9%
    12.50 cent tire disposal fee
    ========
    2377.56 --------------> I wrote a check for at delivery

my payment will 299.83 for 60 months

This was a solid deal that was better than anyone elses, even with the semi-questionable fees.

The dealer told me that I would absolutely not get preferred financing through American Honda Financial. (According to them, almost no one does) So they tried to steer me to thier department. I called AHF,who I have my current loan through right now, and they said they had no problem extending me 3.9 again on this year end program. I didn't buy any extended warrantees, or other fluff, which they really pressured me to do. I think they expected me to do this, and finance through thier organization, so they cut me a favorable deal. They claimed they wanted my trade in, because they didn't have any new Civics on the lot, other than SI's (which appeared to be true, to my surprise!) Anyway, I did better than I expected, and got the car the same day, so I'm pretty happy. Hopefully, this will be as good of a car as my Civics have been. Thanks for your help everyone!
  • Options
    tracemillertracemiller Member Posts: 36
    Excellent deal. You got the car for $1500 below invoice. Nicely done. I knew you would be able to get the deal for what you wanted in your original post. And to think their were people on this forum that said you were dreaming and there would be no way for you to get the car at the price you want. I wonder what they have to say now. Nice job again and hope you enjoy your new LX-P as much as I am enjoying mine.
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    You are starting to sound like me now.

Let me share something with you, my fellow Honda person.

They don't believe you and they never will.

They think there is "secret" money that we get from some place.

They think holdback falls to the bottom line as profit.

Holdback has been 2% for some time now BTW.

Reading these forums will only raise your blood pressure and sour you on the business.

So, why do I read them? Good question.
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Why does any of this matter?

If you like the car and you don't like the price, make an offer!

It's always the prevaling MARKET that will determine pricing!

True for any commodity item, stocks and houses.
  • Options
    trdprerunnerdctrdprerunnerdc Member Posts: 52
    isellhondas I honestly feel bad for any consumer out there who would take anything you say at face value. Why do you even post here? Let us share our buying experience with other consumers without your crock pot opinion.
  • Options
    28050 car price
    tax 0.8375%+400 dmv
    total 30800
    is it a good price to buy..
    it has navi/ but not alarm
    i want to add some accessories with the total price. what kinds of accessories should i request???
  • Options
    rbell2rbell2 Member Posts: 180
    After several weeks of evaluating the competition, I finally landed back on an Accord. I picked it up last night for $20,419 + $279 dealer fees which puts it at ~$20,700 plus tax and tag transfer. The only add-on was mud flaps. I put down a sizeable down payment and financed the rest at 1.9% for 36 months.

I am very happy with the deal - took almost no haggling and it was the colors in and out that I wanted. It drives great and we can really feel the size difference. I love the iPod plug.

Now I must sell my '98 Accord 4-Dr EX-L 4-Cyl Automatic with 165,000 miles. It is in great mechanical order and looks good inside. The problem is significant paint flaking off on the outside as I have seen with many Honda's of this era. I am hoping to get about $4,000 for it. A paint job is about $800 including pinstripes and dent removal. Several folks at work have been bugging me about when I will sell it.

One happy Accord owner . . . .
  • Options
    alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    No need for the personal attacks here, defeats the purpose of the forums. While you might not agree with what isell says which by the way is true that the market drives the price on any commodity it's up to the buyer to take the information from here or other sources and then make your offer to the dealership.
  • Options
    It matters because:
    1) It has an impact on the pricing decisions made by buyers and sellers which affects the prevailing 'MARKET'.
    2) Knowledge is power and informed, reasonable buyers make better decisions that tend to help them save money. People who read this forum are trying to learn something about pricing and buying new Honda Accords in order to save some money, presumably, on a new Honda Accord. The title of this forum, BTW, is: Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience
    3) Consumers/buyers make the decision to purchase something, anything-not just Accords, at the precise moment when the value exceeds the price. That's why they shop for stuff. They aren't satisfied with or aren't convinced that this price/value relationship has been reached with the sellers that they are dealing with currently. Read the posts in this forum. Over and over you can read that people want reassurance about their deal or their proposed deal (myself included). Understanding that there is or is not a 'step-stair' dealer cash program affects that price/value relationship. Read some advertisements from some 'price leader' advertisers like Boch in Massachusetts. They certainly create the impression that there is a dealer cash program even if there is not. Check this out: http://www.boch.com/bochhtml/BochHonda/pages/promotions.aspx
    From this advertisement you could reasonably conclude that either these guys are losing lots of money or that Honda has resurrected some sort of dealer cash program. Either way, their ad has an impact on price negotiations for other sellers and buyers.

'If you like the car and you don't like the price, make an offer!

It's always the prevaling MARKET that will determine pricing!

True for any commodity item, stocks and houses'

Thank you for making my point. In an earlier post I wrote:

Whether there is a dealer cash program going on presently, however, is really, in actuality, irrelevent. What matters to me and you and all the other consumers in this forum is 'How can I reduce the cost of my primary means of transportation given the fact that I have made a choice to buy or lease a new car?'. And 'Who are the low price retailers in my market area and how can I use them to answer the first question?'.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,435
    This is all very interesting reading... if we wanted a seminar on economic policy and the business plan of a Honda dealership...

Actually, what we'd like is some reporting on actual Prices Paid..

If you don't have direct information on that, or at least on something specific that affects those prices, then please do your part to keep the forums free from extraneous clutter..

And... make no mistake... this message is for all members.. buyers and salespeople, alike.. I'd like to add that, "you know who you are", but alas.. you probably don't..

Thanks!
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    ronzo28ronzo28 Member Posts: 10
    Hi everyone. I live in the Boston area and I currently have an offer, via e-mail on a 2008 Accord EX. They are offering the car to me for $21,100 plus dest. and sales tax. I believe this is approx. $6-700 below invoice.
    What do you all think about this price? It sounds extremely reasonable. Also, ehat should I expect dest. charges to be and is there anything else I should be looking out for or asking?

Thanks to all of you in advance.

ronzo
  • Options
    missmelmissmel Member Posts: 13
    Finally bought my car yesterday decided on the V6, paid $24995 + 7% taxes + tag transfer fee + government doc stamp fee for a total of $27000 out the door. I absolutely love it :blush:
  • Options
    levtomlevtom Member Posts: 12
    Looks like a fine deal to me. Got my EX4 auto sedan in May on the north shore for $21500 incl dest. Believe dest is currently $670 (check Edmunds). Boch is advertizing "all in stock" EX-L for $22,888. If you deal with them you may be forced to finance through them rather than HFA to get their pricing. I used a similar add on "all in stock EX sedans" to work my EX deal.
    You may yet do slightly better if you continue to shop with your current good quote.
  • Options
    FWIW, I bought an Accord EX auto (2008) for $21,550 plus tax but including transportation on July 16 from Curry Honda in Chicopee, MA. The only optional equipment it had was wheel locks. It's a great car! Good luck!
  • Options
    ashton_nashton_n Member Posts: 16
    Missmel, which state/city and which dealership was this?
  • Options
    missmelmissmel Member Posts: 13
    I live in Miami, FL.
  • Options
    rimes1rimes1 Member Posts: 1
    I live in San Antonio and bought the ex-l v6 non nav for 25350 straight deal with no add ons, also bought the 120 8 yr no deductible honda care from Hyannis honda for 970. 23995 is the lowest price I have ever seen or heard of, good for you.
  • Options
    makcymakcy Member Posts: 1
    I recently was in the market for a new Honda Accord or Civic. I live in the metro nyc area and did some research on all the vehicles I was looking for. The Honda Accord 4-door EX-L was my best match. I got price quotes from a number of different dealers around and found the best overall selection of new and certified pre-owned to be Tarrytown Honda in Westchester. The sales, parts and service staff were all very helpful and educated when I was servicing my Pilot there.
  • Options
    it has nav?
  • Options
    You paid for 24,995 for a V6 Coupe? Wow the best deal I have received is 26,630 It would be better but they insist on $695 for splash guards, trunk tray, wheel locks and tint.
    2005 G35 Sedan
    2007 G35 Sedan
    2008 G37 Sedan
    2010 G37 Coupe
    2012 G37 Sedan
    2014 Q50 RWD

2017 Q60 3.0t RWD
    2018 QX60 RWD
  • Options
    I just took delivery of a 2008 EXL Accord with Navigation for OTD $26,500.

Price Paid: 24978+TTL which is $940 below invoice and $3752 below MSRP
    Invoice : 25,918
    MSRP: 28730

Also got 1.9% 36 months Financing. . The car is fabulous. The color polished metal metallic is stunning. I almost decided on Acura TL at 32.8K OTD, but could not resist Accord EXL with Navi for this price. Also negotiated TLX for 28.5K OTD. I wanted to pay cash, but the dealership said 'take advantage of 1.9% finance', so went for the Honda finance. Do dealers get incentives if they get customers to sign for Honda finance? I had a pleasant experience at the dealership
    One the whole Accord is the best value, no question in my mind compared to TSX or TL.
  • Options
    duke23duke23 Member Posts: 488
    kydfx wrote:
    This is all very interesting reading... if we wanted a seminar on economic policy and the business plan of a Honda dealership...

Actually, what we'd like is some reporting on actual Prices Paid..

If you don't have direct information on that, or at least on something specific that affects those prices, then please do your part to keep the forums free from extraneous clutter..

And... make no mistake... this message is for all members.. buyers and salespeople, alike.. I'd like to add that, "you know who you are", but alas.. you probably don't..

Thanks!
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

1) it is very important not to be dyslexic. Remember the name , don't spell it wrong
    2) Please keep to the topic.
    3) This forum is about prices paid.
    4) Where ever you go, there you are , Proctor & Bergman.
    5 ) How do you think he does it ? I don't know, what makes him so good. Rambling and extraneous thought. No response required.
    6) As I recall, my price for a 2008 Accord, 4 cyl ex, was 23, 300
    otd including Tax and title. Texas 6.25 % tax .
  • Options
    riteshdasriteshdas Member Posts: 2
    THEGRADUATE , please help me with this:--

I am looking at buying one of them - this is what I know about the major diffrences are:--

1) EX is more HP - 190 than LX-P - 177 HP but that hardly matters I guess. I geuss torque is same for both.

2) EX has a moonroof - which I am not so interetsed in.

3) EX has 17" tryes as against 16" in EX - but again not so important to me.

4) My question is in terms on a ride comfort - like seats ( I know EX has a driver lumbar support) and noise level is an EX significantly better than a LX-P? I have driven a LX-P but not an EX so don't know for sure.

I am in Phoenix - dealers are quoting 20,895 (including detination only) for LX-P and 22,395 for EX - over and above which you have taxes , reg , doc free etc which would be 12% I guess.(Sales Tax =8.3%) - that is without bargaining over emails.

I am confused between LX-P and EX - as long as noise level and seating comfort is same in both I am going to take LX-P - and I am trying for 22K OTD for LX-as I have seen in some posts here and 24K OTD for an EX.

One more question - hope I am not confusing and asking too many - only reason I would prefer LX-P over LX is that it has some safety - anti-theft device ( I know it has alloy wheels and power adjustements for drivers seat which are not so important to me though) - is an axtra 1000 K for an LX-P over LX worth for the safety device?? - if I do not want power drivers seat and Alloy wheels and any third party antitheft like Lo Jack if the LX-P offers a factory fitted instrument ?

And also should I wait for labour day(1st Sep) to make my purchase to get a deal?

Please let me know if you can help me with my questions.

Thanks.
  • Options
    packer3packer3 Member Posts: 277
    You proably lost $3,000 on the trade, but that was a good price for the LX-P