Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    kcmoverkcmover Member Posts: 36
    Did you buy this vehicle?
  • Options
    allendtwallendtw Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    Just bought this 2012 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Sedan (NO NAV) in San Francisco Bay Area -12/11/2011

The final price is

Car selling price $26088 + Tax (8.25%) + Doc ($55) + DMV fee

No rebate/incentives included, no add-on accessories

MSRP: $30400

Truecar.com the best selling price - $26591
  • Options
    cszulccszulc Member Posts: 33
    Currently doing a lease for a friend on an Accord, Chicago-area, with the same dealership I've purchased or referred 15 sales to.

Am at $250 under invoice + normal tax, title, doc ... my question is are they are any cash or rebate incentives Honda is currently offering under-the-table or to dealers directly? Thanks.
  • Options
    crv16crv16 Member Posts: 205
    Just bought in MA, mint, 19k miles for $20,000
  • Options
    tex18tex18 Member Posts: 82
    Going to dealer next week to look at an EX, best price so far 22,293............Anyone beat it?
  • Options
    vortix1vortix1 Member Posts: 22
    edited December 2011
    There's a $500 manufacturer to dealer marketing incentive on '12 Accords right now according to Edmunds.com. I bet you can do much better than $250 under invoice.

For reference, a dealer near me in Cleveland, OH is advertising a lease special on a '12 Accord LX with manual transmission for $199/month (+ TTL) with $0 down for 36 months (12,000 miles/year, 15 cents per mile overage fee).
  • Options
    hondax4hondax4 Member Posts: 24
    I wasn't aware of the MFG $$ being offered but you can do better. Received a quote today for 21012 SE for 20,539 ... Honda of Lake Jackson- Just south of Houston...

Received a quote from Gillman in Houston for 20,890.

McDavid In Frisco Tx quoted 22,031 for EX and 23,475 for EXL I-4

With financing incentives also it appears to be good time to buy. Honda needs to ramp up sales significantly and dealers seem ready to negotiate

Happy Hunting !
  • Options
    Just confirmed the mfg top dealer incentive. Must have just started as I checked a couple of days ago-

Explains the great deals-- And make me want to push for a little more. :shades:
  • Options
    cszulccszulc Member Posts: 33
    Yes there is additional $500 cash and my dealer told me there is flex cash available as well. We are now at $1250 under invoice and good to go...thanks guys...
  • Options
    whittrjwhittrj Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    Any gauge of what a 2012 Accord EX-L V6 w/Nav is going for? Any recent purchases and prices paid?

TrueCar gives me a price of $28,701..Now I am wondering about all of these incentives..hmmm
  • Options
    limenjlimenj Member Posts: 20
    Is it possible to purchase the warranty of a vehicle at a different dealership for a cheaper cost or online?
  • Options
    egiles14egiles14 Member Posts: 1
    Just negotiated a lease on a '12 Accord EX-L Sedan with MSRP of $28325. Final negotiated cap cost is $25,398 and I requested to pay the $595 acquisition fee up front (rolling it in with the cap cost means you pay interest on that-a small amount, but still..) With 5% sales tax, no security deposit and them paying the first months payment my total for 36 months at 12k miles per year is $287.04. Would like to have had it slightly lower to around the ~$265 range, but that was the best negotiated cap cost price I could get thru them and I am satisfied with the payment.
  • Options
    junoon06junoon06 Member Posts: 1
    I am in the market to buy a new 2012 Accord LX in Dallas/FT Worth metroplex. What should be a realistic price that I should be happy with? I had offered around 18k online, but getting replies that's it's not a realistic offer. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    I just purchased a 2012 Accord SE today for 20,340.... 22,000 OTD In Houston at Gillman Honda- Great experience and if anyone is in the area contact internet dept.

They sent eprice and the terms never changes. No Propack add at signing etc. In and out in about 1.5 hrs

Back to your question --Invoice on SE is 22,469 so I was 2100 under invoice. But dealers have incentive from Honda on SE addt 750 on top of 500 mfg to Dealer cash going on--and 1.9 financing which I was able to get..

Invoice on LX is 20,165.. 18K might be a bit ambitious. 18,750 probably doable and still 1400 under invoice.

Get with internet dept at McDavid Frisco- I had a good experience with a salesman there and although didn't buy from them- due to distance/logisitics... They had a price better than Gillmans

Good Luck- I love my car :)
  • Options
    alookmanalookman Member Posts: 141
    edited December 2011
    JUNOON06,

I think you should be able to get it for around 18,500 provided they dont insist on padding it with protection package which cost them 350 but they will ask for 1K or more.

Rusty Wallis & McKinney Honda will work with you provide they have cars sitting on the lot. McDavid in Frisco has large inventory but tend to be shifty so make sure to get all the costs added. Doc. Fee in DFW should not more than 200 bucks but they will pad it if you bargain hard on selling price. Clearly define your offer price as being inclusive of all adds-ons plus dest. charges and add sales tax of 6.25% and T & L runs another 200 or less plus doc. fees of 175 to 190.

BTW LX and LX-p don't sell as well as EX and EX-L so you should be able to get it for under 18,500 end of the month.
  • Options
    carbuy11carbuy11 Member Posts: 2
    After 1 hour of negotiations McDavid, Frisco is asking 22000 for Accord LX-P. Is it a good price?
    Initially they started from 28,500. Please let me know your opinions. I was asking for 21500, Do you think is too low
  • Options
    LX-P should be around 19,500 or less plus TTL plus document fee of 175-190.

Try Rusty Wallis or Honda Cars of McKinney. Beware of the dealers adding protection package which costs about 350 but will charge you over 1k.

Dont ever negotiate at the dealership use the web and phone to make offers but be precise. Selling price includes destination charges but dealers will quote without it. So confirm reconfirm.

I wanted Accord EX-L but just got tired of Honda dealers run around and purchased 2012 Altima SEL for 23.5k w/premium sound sys. in Oct. but one one can get it bow for 22k and it drives just as good.

LX-P equivalent Altima 2.5S w/Con. Pkga would run around under under 19k and even have blue tooth with that package plus keyless entry & ignition.
  • Options
    veerenveeren Member Posts: 64
    carby2011,
    you can avoid document fees those are charged just for the heck of it, and try to target LX-P below 19,000.
    and avoid getting tacked on by the extras like Pro_pack, and dont buy any of those stupid warranties , including for those for maintaining colors, cloth interiors etc. the interior of the Hondas/accord is very nice and will last you long, so avoid spending money on extras, just buy the car as supplied by Honda.
  • Options
    carbuy11carbuy11 Member Posts: 2
    Looks like all the vehicles they added the Protection package($800), Tint(300), Paint Stripe(350) and i dont remember one more item
  • Options
    rob1601rob1601 Member Posts: 4
    If edmunds tmv says $22,183 and inovice is $21,791 how does $19k make sense....I have tried to call dealers and they give me some low price, but when I asked for the drive out then the price gets back to the 21K plus the taxes??? rusty wallis btw was no help- have not tried frisco
  • Options
    walletlesswalletless Member Posts: 40
    Hi, I am in Silicon Valley (Sunnyvale) in Bay area, looking to buy a new or certified used accord. What are the good dealerships around here, and how much should I expect to pay for a LX trim with AT?

Thanks in advance for suggestions & help.
  • Options
    walletlesswalletless Member Posts: 40
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I am in Silicon Valley (Sunnyvale) in Bay area, looking to buy a new or certified used accord. What are the good dealerships around here, and how much should I expect to pay for a LX trim with AT?

A friend told me that Anderson Direct (Palo Alto) and South Bay Honda (Milpitas) are decent for new cars, but was not sure how good they were for used cars..

Also, at what point during the negotiation would you suggest taking the car to an independent mechanic for pre-buyer inspection? Before we start negotiating on the price, or after we reach an agreed price (and before signing the paperwork)?

Few dealerships here want to charge $700-800 for "delivery fee" - is that reasonable?

Thanks in advance for suggestions & help.
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Why would you want to take a new or certified used car for an independent inspection?

That would be a total waste of money in my opinion since Honda requires so much before a car can be certified.
  • Options
    vortix1vortix1 Member Posts: 22
    Can you provide more info in the additional $750 incentive on the SE? I don't see it listed at http://www.edmunds.com/honda/accord/2012/car-incentives.html?style=101403692 (though I know edmunds.com isn't always aware of all incentives, especially if they're manufacturer-to-dealer).
  • Options
    rppautorppauto Member Posts: 28
    edited December 2011
    Folks
    So far the lowest quote i have over the phone is $25.5k.

I see from this forum that EX-L "v6" is 26k in California.

So, should i not expect EX-L "4 cyl" around 23-24k in Kansas City?

Please comment. Thanks?
  • Options
    I wasn't aware of the 750. discount... Gillman told me had "tickets" that applied to SE--along with the 500. mfg to dealer cash.

My paperwork at closing also shows an applied 750. from Honda

My price was 20,354--22000 OTD.... 6.25 tax in TX and fees are nominal

I thought it was smoking deal- 2,000 under invoice!

Anyone in market for LXP- I don't think you will get to 19k or under-- I think 19,500 is fair but it depends on your location etc-- Dealers will need to push inventory next couple of days- Good time to negotiate and purchase :shades:
  • Options
    pepster91pepster91 Member Posts: 1
    great...
  • Options
    newbie2carsnewbie2cars Member Posts: 15
    The price offered by the dealership on the used car is $13K excluding about $1.5K worth of taxes,title, dealership fees, etc so the total is $14.5K. Is that what most used Hondas go for? I only received the price online with a representative so I haven't bargained with them. What would be a good price for this car or what range? And lastly, is it worth it to get the extra 4 yr, 70,000 miles bumper to bumper warranty that the dealership is offering on this car for an additional $1,5000? Thanks all! Any help is much appreciated! :blush:
  • Options
    vliu1357vliu1357 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I'm looking to buy the 2012 Honda Accord LX-S (automatic) within the next few days in southern california. What OTD price should I aim for? What OTD prices have people been getting? First time car buyer --thanks for your input! :)

MSRP $24,550
    Dealer cost: $21,596
  • Options
    Extended warranties on any car rarely pay off. This only gives you an extra 4 years... To about the point where you may need it--

1500 could pay for many car repairs as well- By the way you can get warranty for 750- I just bought my Acccord and was offered at that price 1 week ago--

** for the person in LA looking for SE.. I paid 20,340- see prior posts

Remember also your buying an Accord--I just sold my 1997 Accord prior to purchase and had absolutely no major problems. Original alternator,starter,water pump etc.
  • Options
    fastsvofastsvo Member Posts: 31
    Hi Folks,

Looking for a 2012 Accord LX and I am getting two different answers when asking the cost of the hold back. I have been told $443 and $688 respectively.

Now, isn't Honda's hold back calculated at 3% of MSRP?

This is the breakdown I currently have:

$22,950 MSRP
    $21,088 Invoice
    - $443 Holdback (or the higher number)
    - $229 HDAG (marketing cost)
    - $500 Dealer Cash
    -------------
    $19,916

Then you add $750 flex coupons to your total down payment.

Does this look correct? Seems if someone here bought an SE for $20,340 then my numbers are a little off or I need to push for a better deal.

Anyone know the invoice cost of the extended warranty?

Thanks.
  • Options
    Holdback has been 2% of MSRP for several years now.

Talking about or going after a dealer's holdback isn't a good way to start a conversation since it is far from bottom line profit.

A store needs to make a profit when the day is done.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Helped my sister get 2010 Accord 4 dr. AT LX-P for 19,250, so how much price increase took place for 2012 to be so much higher? LX and LX-P are not great sellers and you should be able to get it for 19k or less.

I had always purchased Honda Accords and got such run around for EX-L I4 that I switched to 2012 Altima, You should be able to get 2.5S plus Convenience Pkg which can be had for less than 19k. It will have blue tooth, keyless ignition, auto lights and power seat & better equipped than LX-P. Add Convenience Plus Pkg. for 1k more and you will get sunroof, dual climate, blinkers on side mirrors and few other features for under 20k. It drives better than Accord and more reliable.

Helped a person get 2.5SL for less than 22k with 3k rebates plus another 2k off invoice this car is comparable to Accord EX-L which is being sold for 24.5k at best price. Nissan's Extended bumper to bumper warranty for 7 yrs 120 k can be had for 1450. Altima outranks Accord according to Consumer Reports in performance and reliability. Accord has slight edge on safety and resale value.
  • Options
    Ah, make that a HUGE edge for the Accord on resale value!

Noting wrong with Nissans if that is what a person really wants.

"Settling" for a different car usually brings regrets later.
  • Options
    lavrishevolavrishevo Member Posts: 312
    edited January 2012
    Jet be glad your not purchasing a car in Puerto Rico. Starting price on an LX is $26,900.00 after all the taxes we have to pay. You can't touch a V6 for less then $36,000.00 Excise taxes are such a ripoff!
  • Options
    Vehicle Price $21,190.00 Sales Tax

$1,324.38 Documentary Fee

$189.00 Title Fee

$33.00 License Plates

$74.80 Inspection Fee

$23.75 Full Deputy Fee

$5.00 Dealer’s Inventory Tax

$52.90 Accessories

Your Drive out Price $22,900.54
  • Options
    kcmoverkcmover Member Posts: 36
    Are you in Kansas City. I was looking at a 2012 Honda Accord EXVL and was thinking it would cost me with Navigation about 26,000. What KC dealer were you dealing with and what was the best price they gave you on what vehicle.

Also comparing the Toyota Camry XLE. the Toyota is nice in that the Nav and electronics are state of the art compared to the antiquated ones on the Honda Accord.
  • Options
    I forgot to mention that the car has 23K miles on it so I would agree with you that I don't think a warranty is necessarily the best option. And the price is for TX... Is that a good price? I don't know if I should bargain with the dealership for a lower price...Any suggestions? Thanks, for the response and help!
  • Options
    qreddi1qreddi1 Member Posts: 1
    I am in the DC Metro area, and would like to know what the lowest price anyone has paid for:
    2012 Accord EXL V6 w/o Nav.
    Dealership name & location, Sales person too.
    My lowest email quote is 26K +tax,etc. Looking for 23-24K.
  • Options
    temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    I can't believe that someone just put 23,000 miles on an '05. It is just like new at that point. I have an '05 Coupe, manual with I4. I purchased it new. It has been the absolute best car I have owned. I currently have 108,000 miles on it and I have had no problems with it. The original set of tires were replaced at 75,000 miles, but could have gone 95,000. It needed back brakes at 85,000 and the dealer keeps telling me that I do not need to replace the front brakes. Based on mine, you do not need the additional warranty.
  • Options
    darkfiberdarkfiber Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to Naveen and others from previous posts.

If you live in the dc metro area you should highly consider Anderson Honda right outside of Bmore. I just picked up a 2012 Accord SE for $21,500 OTD. The salesman was very straightforward and can prob help get you an exl for a very reasonable price.
  • Options
    Doc fee of 1300? Ridiculous. :confuse:

Fees should not be that much different state to state- Taxes are

I just bought the SE in Houston and total fees were approximately 500
    Tell the dealer you'll keep looking- And do it.
  • Options
    Thanks! I know, I couldn't believe it either that 05 coupe only had 23K miles! Now if the Carfax comes up clear, I think I'll return to school with a great car!
  • Options
    Comparing to what I am finding in Los Angeles, that is really cheap for an SE!

Do you please mind posting your complete sales structure or breakdown? Was flex cash used in your deal?

Thanks!
  • Options
    ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    Having purchased several Honda vehicles in Maryland over the past four years, I would suggest Criswell Honda, Northwest Honda, O'Donnell Honda, and Sport Honda. Advise avoiding Ourisman Honda and College Park Honda as my experience is these two dealers seem to employ too many games and much better deals can be found elsewhere.
  • Options
    spence52490spence52490 Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys, I'm currently interested in purchasing a 08' coupe and I'm seeing them for around 12999 to 15000 around the DelMarVA area. Mileage seems to vary from around 50 to 75k. Now I have a check for 12,000, and a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipes GT for a trade in with 106k miles. Do you guys think I can realistically get a 08 coupe for under 12,000?
  • Options
    darkfiberdarkfiber Member Posts: 2
    Surprisingly...a very simple sales structure. I called and asked for pricing on an SE if I picked up same day. Salesman called back couple hrs later with a $21.5k OTD offer. I told him I'd take it. Arrived to dealer, test drove the car, and exited with a new SE in under 1.5hrs. Overall a very simple, fast, and hassle free experience!
  • Options
    whittrjwhittrj Member Posts: 2
    Not in the DC metro area but I did just in the past 2 weeks purchase a 2012 Accord EXL-V6 w/o Nav..$26,400 with wheel locks, splash guards and moonroof visor included...Not sure you are going to see the 23-24k range you are looking for..
  • Options
    veerenveeren Member Posts: 64
    Which dealer was your experience with?