Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    bicbob1bicbob1 Member Posts: 1
    I will pick up this weekend. otd 26.5 K. Originally, they offered 25.8 K for the car and otd is 27K. I negotiate by e-mail and asked for 26.5 K otd. No pain negotiation. It may be the last year production sale off. It will come with floor mat, wheel lock, pin stripe and road side assistance for 1 year or 12 K miles.
  • Options
    lakewoodguylakewoodguy Member Posts: 2
    The dealer is in the south bay of LA, Gardena, corner of Redondo Beach Blvd and Western. Received the offer originally from the lady who runs the internet team. Were dealing on all accords with substantial reduction and great Honda fiance rate and first payment. Good deals on leases too.
  • Options
    minghiminghi Member Posts: 24
    thanks for the reply & congrats again. It is a great deal
  • Options
    eagle455eagle455 Member Posts: 2
    Today, bought a new 2012 Accord EX Automatic. They threw in splash guards, wheel locks, trunk tray, and all weather mats. Got it for $22,200 OTD which includes tax and title. The sale price was about $20,400. Just looked up MSRP with these extra accessories and it is $26,435. Seemed like a good deal. Below KBB and Edmunds TMV...
  • Options
    atapulatapul Member Posts: 6
    Just got a 2012 EX-L 4 door 4 cylinder for $23,000. I got $3,000 for my trade (KBB fair trade value is $3,384) So technically my new car is $23,384. Good? Plus I keep the $500 from Honda. True car says MSRP $28,445, invoice, $26,366 and dealer cost is $24,563.
  • Options
    $590 better than my deal. I thought I did well. Which state?
    What is in the amount between 22,200 and 20,400? $you paid $1,800 extra. If tax is 7% ==> $20,000 car would be $1,400 tax. + $250 doc fee? + $15 title= $1,665. What is the $135 for? Are my numbers same as yours?
  • Options
    eagle455eagle455 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2012
    Bought from Chicago burbs. Price was $19650 and then they added on $770 for destination charge. Rest was tax, title/registration, doc fee which brought the final price to $22,200. I went to 2 dealerships after getting equotes from both of them. I was playing the 2 dealerships against each other. I hate negotiating but I had to call the 1st dealership back to tell them I was going to buy from this 2nd dealership. The 1st dealership then said they'd beat their price by $50. So the 2nd dealership said they would match that price and then throw in some accessories. So then I signed then and there with the 2nd dealership. They knew if I'd walk out that door that I wouldn't buy from them so they were doing everything they could to get me to sign.
  • Options
    Congrats! ans safe driving's!
  • Options
    ladybug001ladybug001 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to get a used 2009 Honda Accord Coupe V6 (no Nav) ~35,000 miles but I am unsure what a good price would be for this. Anyone have any recent experience?
    TIA :)
  • Options
    tbone0103tbone0103 Member Posts: 9
    27400 OTD. Any ideas if this is a good deal?? Includes mud guards, trunk mat, wheel locks, carpeted floor mats, window Tint, pinstripe.
  • Options
    Also, Any thoughts on how much Honda made on this vehicle? Finance guy said they lost 900 ish.
  • Options
    coolguyjhcoolguyjh Member Posts: 1
    I got the price quote from a dealer in Houston.
    2012 Honda Acccord SE sedan for 21,814.00(Drive out price) Pls refer to the below details.
    If I plan to pay on cash, is it still applicable "first payment up to $500 by"&"internet price"?
    Cause the quotation says that "first payment option" and internet price under a condition "must finance through A.H.F.C.(very small fonts..)"
    If these are very shallow trick, I'll go to other dealer.
    Also, if there is a way(ex: throwing out options) to lower price, pls let me know.
    Thanks.
    -------------------------------------------
    MSRP 2012 Accord Sedan: $24,820
    -------------------------------------------
    Internet Price:$19,465.00*
    Destination & Handling:$790.00
    State Sales Tax 6.25%:$1,265.94
    Vehicle Inventory Tax:$42.60
    License Fee:$64.25
    Inspection & Title Fee:$61.75
    Documentary Fee:$125.00
    Drive-out:$21,814.00
  • Options
    benjamin9876benjamin9876 Member Posts: 17
    where are you? tax rate?
  • Options
    I am located in Dallas. I assume the tax rate is 6.25%. net price shown on the car is 25,500 + Acces($0) + TTL.
  • Options
    ziyuluziyulu Member Posts: 58
    I would say a good price would be $16,000. You can get a brand new one for about $24,000.
  • Options
    cs80cs80 Member Posts: 1
    Which dealership did you buy the car from? I bought mine with same or very similar set of accessories today from Honda cars of Mckinney for $26500 OTD.
  • Options
    donk711donk711 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to all who post their info here...really made a difference in my car choice. Just picked up a 2012 Accord EX in Cincy suburbs with all weather mats and trunk tray for $20,644 + T/T/L/Doc fees. Had multiple quotes and finally used Performance Honda whose Internet Sales dept offered to go $250 better than my lowest quote.

Final drive out price was $22,491.
  • Options
    I bought from David McDavid in Irving. Did I get a bad deal? I felt like it was a good deal based on what i was reading on truecar, consumer reports, etc. invoice on the car is 27192 - $1250 manufacturer to dealer - $608 Dealer holdback is 25,334 + Dealer accessories and TTL... How did you get it down to 26,500 OTD. that would be a sell price of 25,500. Are they willing to lose $1000 on the deal?
  • Options
    1sebringnow1sebringnow Member Posts: 136
    You could have purchased an Accord in the DC area a V6 EXL for under $25 K all day long. The best I saw before taxes was $24,700. As for Truecar, they are a true rip off! Up until a few months ago, they really did include all prices in their "true car price". But dealers got mad and Truecar caved and stopped including what are called loss leaders - or high volume car sale dealerships. True car gets $300 bucks per lead when a deal closes. Car Woo also is a fly by night operation designed to dupe consumers into believing they are special. The question that always needs to be asked is who is paying for all of this car negotiation help? It certainly is not the dealership. Spread the word, Truecar should only be used as a guide, like Edmunds.com and not used as a sole source to buy - cause they are not protecting the consumer - only helping to fleece them (in my opinion) for $300 bucks a pop. You paid that fee to them for the rip off. I hope the CEO of Truecar see's this, cause I hope to make sure he can't earn his outrageous salary from fleecing folks. Enjoy your new car
  • Options
    sunny4537sunny4537 Member Posts: 4
    Bought a 2012 EXL V6 w/o Navigation last Sunday for 24600 + 3% Virginia tax + 200 processing fee + DMV tags = out to door price 25700. the dealer is Criswell Honda in Germantown, Maryland.
  • Options
    pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    edited May 2012
    ref: 26711
    First, that is an excellent deal.
    Second, for future reference and haggling - the doc fee in ohio is optional although most dealers won't admit that fact. It is pure dealer profit...

"On June 30, 2006, an amendment to section 1317.07 of the Revised Code, which governs retail installment contracts, took effect.

That section now provides that a seller entering into a retail installment contract can charge a fee of up to two hundred fifty dollars ($250) for preparation of documents related to the sale. Previously, the maximum fee that could be charged for document preparation was one hundred dollars.

As a result of the amendment, motor vehicle dealers selling motor vehicles to customers under retail installment contracts can charge the customer this two hundred fifty dollar document preparation fee in addition to other fees associated with the sale of the vehicle (taxes, registration fees, etc.). It is important to note that the dealership is not required to charge the document preparation fee.

The Department of Public Safety, Bureau of Motor Vehicles did not play any role in the adoption of the amendment to section 1317.07, and receives no portion of the document preparation fee. Instead, the fee is retained by the motor vehicle dealer."

from
    http://ohioautodealers.com/faq.stm#tog
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,361
    If you shop in Ohio, just know going in that every dealer is going to charge that $250 fee, and factor that into your offering price..

That way, you don't have to worry about negotiating it.... ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    pegasus17pegasus17 Member Posts: 536
    Believe me from experience buying two cars in Ohio over the past few years that most people do NOT know that it is optional. I print out the citation from the Ohio code and have it with me in case they tell me it is mandatory (which has happened).

I notice from browsing a few boards the past few days that doc fees are very common and assumed to be mandatory when most doc fee legislation enacted by the states are maximum fees to prevent gouging. Maximum does not mean mandatory and i feel that 100 dollars or so is my personal maximum for something that is part of the sales process.

getting down from soapbox now...
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,361
    Agreed... definitely not mandatory..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    donk711donk711 Member Posts: 2
    That's an excellent point, which probably also explains why the dealer I worked with was willing to take $250 off my best offer...they were willing to eat the doc fee to get my business.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter would like to speak to anyone between the age of 20 and 30 who needed financial help from a parent to buy a new car. If you fit this description – or if you are a parent who has helped a 20-something son or daughter buy a new car - and you’d like to share your story, please send your daytime contact information to PR@edmunds.com no later than 3 p.m. Pacific/6 p.m. Eastern on Thursday, May 3, 2012.
  • Options
    acurapriceacuraprice Member Posts: 91
    edited May 2012
    OK, here is the price I got today from Frank Kent Honda in Fort Worth, TX.

Hard Loaded 2012 Accord V-6 With Navigation

Sticker Price: $32,720
    Invoice Price: $29,607
    Offer Price: $27,755
    Drive Out (TT&L) Price (6.5% plus $250): $29,809

Offer Price Includes Free: Window Tint, Pin stripe, Splash Guards, Wheel Locks, Trunk Cargo Tray, and Nitrogen in the tires. Happy Motoring!!!!

P.S. They would probably go $27,500 pretty easy. It also helps to be a COSTCO member ;-)
  • Options
    vze39n8vvze39n8v Member Posts: 4
    Looking to buy an Accord sedan 2012 EX-L w/ Nav. in central NJ.
    Will appreciate ideas and advice.
    Thanks
    :)
  • Options
    OK, here is the price I got today from Frank Kent Honda in Fort Worth, TX.

Hard Loaded 2012 Accord V-6 With Navigation

Sticker Price: $32,720
    Invoice Price: $29,607
    Offer Price: $27,755
    Drive Out (TT&L) Price (6.5% plus $250): $29,809

Offer Price Includes Free: Window Tint, Pin stripe, Splash Guards, Wheel Locks, Trunk Cargo Tray, and Nitrogen in the tires. Happy Motoring!!!!

P.S. They would probably go $27,500 pretty easy. It also helps to be a COSTCO member ;-)
  • Options
    Offer $26,900 firm.
    It will help if you wait until last day of the month.
    Make sure your at a dealer who has several in stock.
    Let them know your aware of the COSTCO price of $27,755 but want better.
    Know that this low price gives them the $1,500 cash back incentive.
    Be prepared to walk immediately if they say no.
    Make sure they throw in a couple of extas - tint, splash guards, trunk tray, etc.
    Good luck...You can do this!!!!!
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice.
    What is included in the $26,900 firm? Is the destination included? Is this before tax?
    What is this COSTCO price $27755? Again, what is included on this price? I am a COSTCO costumer. Where can I find more information?
    Need to understand additional fees, and what will be the OTD price.
    Thanks

PS: I am not interested in V6. It's nice, but gas not getting any cheaper.
    :confuse:
  • Options
    Yes, I'm suggesting that you can buy the Accord V6-EXL With Navigation (completely loaded car) for $26,900 with destination included, everything but TTL. I am basing this assumption from the fact that I can buy (I have a quote from Frank Kent Honda) this car for $27,775 with destination included (also with all the dealer add-ons - window tint, etc. included - listed in previous post) everything but TTL.

In other words, if they will offer the car for $27,775 - you can probably get them down to 26,900. You may have to give up window tint, splash guards, pin-stripe, or something like that, but I bet you can go in at the end of the month and get it for $26,900

Do yourself a favor and get the V-6, gas mileage savings are always over rated.

COSTCO Autom Program 1-800-755-2519
  • Options
    Criswell Honda advertized Honda Accord EXL V6 with Navi for less than $26000 plus $ 770 Destination plus TTL.
    See Ad below:
    2012 ACCORD
    (Take an additional $200 off the prices below)
    LX Sedan Auto - $17,487
    LX-P Sedan Auto - $18,965
    SE Leather Sedan Auto - $19,193
    EX Sedan Auto - $20,298
    EX-L Sedan Auto - $21,596
    EX-L with Navigation- $24,685
    EX-V6 Sedan $22,506
    EX-L V6 Sedan $24,486
    EX-L V6 Sedan with Navi $26,167
    Crosstour EX-L $26,885
  • Options
    WOW, so that's $25,967 plus destination of $770, totaling $26,737.

$26,737 is the bottom line for a hard loaded EXL-V6 with NAVI.
    That's actually right at $1,000 less than the COSTCO price.

Again, I think $26,900 is the bottom line best deal you'll get on this car. Just don't see them going lower than almost 6K off MSRP ($32,780)

I tried to buy this same car in 2009, best price I could get was $29,500 on a white diamond pearl V-6 w NAVI - I offered 27,500, countered at $28,000. Finally walked on him when he insisted on 29,500

Today, there are way more available on the lot. Frank Kent Honda has 6 V-6 NAVI's in white alone.
  • Options
    MSRP+destination-$5,500+TTL is what I would shoot for.
  • Options
    I bought an 2012 Accord EX-L Sedan W/O Navi for 25,500 + TTL in DFW. Total Out the door was 27,400.
  • Options
    I bought a 2012 Honda accord EXL V6 w/o navi 2 weeks ago for 24600 + TTL =25700 OTD,
  • Options
    herkyhawki1herkyhawki1 Member Posts: 2
    How much dealer cash is there on the accord now? I see $1,250 but there must be more. I was offered $4,200 off a 4 cyl Accord EXL coup. So the sticker is $28,195 offer is $24,000 + TTL only other fee is $135 doc fee . There has to be more dealer incentives than this. Anyone know just how much. I really wanted a quote on a EXL sedan 4 cyl but they messed up. This is the only dealer I got a quote from as I am considering other cars and just wanted a gauge. I bought an Ody a year ago from this dealer and they played no games then the prcie was just as presented no hidden costs and no trade so the number were easy to know what the "real" price was.
  • Options
    lovenillovenil Member Posts: 5
    I am offered 26349 + TTL on my first request in New Jersey. Other dealerships offered close to 27.5K but this numbers are already 4K-5K off from MSRP. I have feeling for 2012 Accord EX-V V6 with navigation you can go close to 25K +TTL easily with current deals.
  • Options
    yaupon2yaupon2 Member Posts: 18
    Initial internet request from 3 dealers in Central PA returned 2 offers within $100 of each other. Lowest offer was $24,189, which included destination. TTL not included in the offer. Neither dealer included any accessories in their quote.

Trade-off seems to be to take a decent deal now when the inventories are better, vs. holding out for a potentially better deal later in the summer, but with less inventory to pick from.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  • Options
    I have feeling you can probably get another 700 dollar off!!!

This are the pricing i got from dealer in Maryland. Remember, What i was trying to gauge was potential dealers lower point because in my mind, i don't see their invoice price varying between PA/NJ/NY or MA.

Seems like you are looking at EX-L auto (4 Cyl) without navigation. you should be targeting close to 23K + TTL.

2012 Accord (Take additional $500 off prices below)
    LX Auto $17,999
    LXP Auto $18,995
    SE Auto $19,695
    EX Auto $20,795
    EXL Auto $22,995
    EXL Navi Auto $24,995
    EXL V6 Auto $23,995
    EXL V6 Navi Auto $26,595
  • Options
    Lovenil,

You are spot on with your $23K target price for a 2012 EXL Sedan, 4 cyl., auto, w/o Nav! Yesterday, I received a quote of $23,400 + TTL from another PA dealer, which is approximately $700 lower than my previous low quote. Thank you for your very helpful and informative post.
  • Options
    nyc_engnyc_eng Member Posts: 7
    Did you try Huggins Honda? I have gotten 2 cars from them and about to get a 3rd. I have dealt with Kim Thongvilay for about 6 years now.
  • Options
    can you please post dealership info?
  • Options
    Glad to share the quote info I have received in the last few days for a new 2012 Honda Accord EXL Sedan, 4 cyl., auto, w/o Nav. Quotes include destination, but not TTL. Also, there are no accessories included.

$23,470 + TTL: Apple Honda, York, PA
    $24,189 + TTL: Faulkner Honda, Harrisburg, PA
    $24,289 + TTL: Bobby Rahal Honda, Mechanicsburg, PA

For reference, these are initial quotes and I have not counter offered to see what their actual best price is.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    tom_mhntom_mhn Member Posts: 4
    2012 Honda Accord LX-P Sedan with Automatic for $18,859
    2012 Honda Accord SE Sedan with Automatic for $19,511
    2012 Honda Accord EX Sedan with Automatic for $20,532
    2012 Honda Accord EX-L V6 Sedan with Automatic for $24,541

Bernardi Honda in Natick, MA has “The 2012 Driven to Win Sales Event”. The advertised price excludes destination, documentation fee, registration and title and state sales tax. If anybody is interested in the e-mail I received from the dealership, let me know and I will forward it.

Thanks
  • Options
    Do you mean 25K with dest? I am looking for the EXL with Nav., but the I4. For this I got a COSTCO quote for $23944 (w/ dest) + TTL = OTD ~ $26220. This is $6700 under MSRP. Is this a good deal? They said it has to be in stock and by appointment.
  • Options
    landofandlandofand Member Posts: 19
    Hi sunny4537,

where did you get these prices for the SE Auto. Criswell Honda does not post this information on their website. If I can get this pricing, I will buy one for sure.
  • Options
    Actually you can ask for price quote from Criswell honda and they would send you email.

I did that and posted email on this page. check it out.
  • Options
    mattschechtermattschechter Member Posts: 58
    Today, I got a 2012 Honda Accord LX without any add-ons in Silver/Grey for $18,195 including destination. T/T/L were extra, but no other hidden dealer fees. This was Honda of Oakland, very straight forward transaction. I worked with Conoly Burne (Sales Manager) and Jeremy. I came in, showed them the competitors internet sales quotes, and they came back a few hundred dollars lower! I took their quote to my other dealers and no one would even match it, much less beat it so I knew I had bottomed out. I know the 2013's are coming which is why the price has fallen (clearing inventory) but I needed the car now so couldn't wait for the new ones and regardless I like that they've worked out all the bugs in this generation by this point so reliability should be great. CVT and Direct Injection are big changes to the lineup and could present problems long-term for the 2013's. Plus if the 2008's are any indicator, the first year of a new generation can be a bit rough.

In case you're curious, the Hyundai Sonata was the runner-up, mildly lower price but worse financing deal meant that it was the same total cost after 5 years. Furthermore, despite the Sonata's attractive bells/whistles and fresh look I couldn't bring myself to buy a car from a brand that doesn't have any track record of good reliability greater than 5 or 6 years. The Sonata's are good cars now, but that doesn't mean they'll hold up a decade from now (I own cars forever when I buy them). They very well might, but there's no history to back that up. I also felt the the Accord, while much more sedate, had much better visibility and handling. Road noise was pretty much equal. Power was mildly better in the Sonata, but realistically the Accord was totally sufficient for daily use. I can't say that I'm "in love" with it, but I have tremendous faith that it will get me from A to B safely and without a fuss for years to come.