Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra 1500 Owners

Comments

• I have 2005 1500 silverado - can't locate fuse that covers area for chime when key left in ignition - need to find out where it is and named - thanks
  • :D I own a 99 silverado. The two main fuse box locations are on the driver's side instrument panel on the dash. Also under the hood, huge black box. I had bought the HAYNES REPAIR MANUAL at my local autozone parts store. It is loaded with info. My truck has several locations under the steering column for fuses and clips as the book shows. If this doesn't help buy the book. It is worth the 10-15 dollars. It has helped me alot. David.
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516

As you may have noticed, we are reorganizing the Forums to allow better focus and easier searching when you have a particular problem or comment about any given vehicle. We ask that you check the new discussions that you can find at the Group page, linked below. This discussion will not be closed/deleted, so you can still post and search for information in it.

If you don't see a discussion in the group appropriate to your question or comment, start a new one, or send me an email, and I'll point you in the right direction!

Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra Group

Thanks!
    kcram - Pickups Host
  • My 02 Z71 with the 5.3 has started burning about 1-1.5 quarts every 3000 miles. I've changed the oil every 3k religiously...no water in the oil or any other visible problem. Does anybody have any ideas? I've tried to search the message boards and haven't found much info. I'm not really wanting to have to rebuild the top end when everything else is supposed to be good for 100k. The dealer says it's within spec. Switching to a heavier weight oil didn't help. Thanks.
  • The first thing I did when I bought my 99 used z71 was to switch to amsoil. It is the best and you only change your oil once a year as well as the oil filter. Look up the website. Been doing it for years. Best investment. Check out the data on it. David. :)
  • lil_elil_e Posts: 6
    Just got a 92 silverado what would be the best way to start fixeng it up
  • ryanbabryanbab Posts: 7,240
    Here is a short video of my magnaflow muffler I had put on last yr. I finally got hi-tech and bought a camcorder

Hows everyone? Anyone still around?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrtVeRrg-Vo
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,054
    LOL!! Bad habits are hard to break.
  • ryanbabryanbab Posts: 7,240
    yep 1st time

Where is everyone?

Still have the titan?
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,054
    and yes still driving the titan
  • evergreenevergreen Posts: 213
    I have been searching the internet to determine the turning radius on my 2000 Sierra 1500 but haven't been able to find anything. Any ideas where I can find this type of info?
  • I dont have that exact problem but maybe you can help me. The pass. side tailgate cable is half-way severed because of rust. When I found out about the recall for this isssue I took my truck down and they said that my vehicles history reported that they were already replaced (obviously they arent). How do you think I could get someone with authority to pay attention to the fact the my "stainless steel tailgate cables" are so rusted that 6 or so single strand wires hold one side of my tailgate up.

thanks
    "Red"
  • Go to GM.com. and email them directly, I had a problem with a gas line that the dealer would not cover under my warranty, but after I emailed G.M. they took care of the problem.
  • Thanx. I'll give it a shot.
  • My wife and I just bought a used 1500 LT. It is a really nice truck, however as I was following my wife home (she was driving the truck) I noticed that the left rear wheel did not line up with the left front wheel. The right side looks good! What is the problem here? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
  • dlovesbdlovesb Posts: 34
    Nice truck! I have one that is sharp. If you can see the side of the truck while driving behind it, that means it's been in an accident ant hte frame could be off. The other thing is that the rear tire on that side might be slightly wider? Lokk underneath as well to see if someone had done anything with the axle like a repair. If you have any pics of the truck send them to me.dlovesbeck@comcast.net. :)
  • Karen_SKaren_S Posts: 5,095
    A local U.S. newspaper is looking to interview buyers who recently purchased a half-ton truck and understand what factors you considered before making your purchase. If you are interested in being interviewed, please send an email to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Tuesday, February 6, 2007 containing your daytime contact information.

Edmunds Manager UGC Click on my screen name to send a personal message. Need help navigating? Check out Getting Started in Edmunds Forums.
    Need help picking out a make/model, finding inventory, or advice on pricing? Talk to an Edmunds Car Shopping Advisor

• U.S. automakers struggle; Japanese thrive
    GM says car and light truck sales fall 20 percent in January from year-ago period; Ford also shows big declines.
    OUCH...............
  • Hi....
    I am in the process of ordering a new 2007 1500 crew cab GMC Sierra. I was going to upgrade the exhaust system to a Cat-Back touring version. Supposedly it has throaty purr. Is this true, does anyone know what it sounds like, and does any one have this system? I don’t want an extremely loud system, but something that makes a nice sound.
    :)
  • Mike, if you go to flowmaster muffler's website, you can hear all the exhaust levels! I have the 40 series on my silverado. David. :shades:
  • Ok, I have a 1500HD, can I be included? I just bought a 2007 Classic crew cab and it's my first Chevy. LOVE IT!!!!! I have the cloth seats but they are so comfortable compared to the leather seats in the F150 I traded in.

I tow a 2 horse bumper pull trailer and again, it is so much better than the F150 was. I hardly feel the trailer when I tow.

I can't say enough about my truck.
  • Yea thanks David, I saw and heard all the exhaust levels on there website. Your 40 series you have sounds perfect!

thanks again
    mike
  • Is their a 6 disc changer if i am using the nanigation system along with the rear enteratainment and if so how does it work with the music and all that... i want to purchase one but just need minor spec help i read it has a six disc but anohter website said that only one into the machine then anohter for the gps map system...i am just so lost :sick:
  • I agree with the person who advised on emailing GM with your issue. I sent the CEO, Rick Wagner a letter just saying how impressed I was w/my truck and his assistant called me up last week to talk to me. I think they really want to try to be as customer oriented as they can since their sales aren't as good as they would like.

Also, regarding the dealership-another thing w/GM (versus Ford, who couldn't care less about their customers... and yes, personal experience)GM seems to WANT to hear the good, bad and ugly on their dealerships.
  • Do you still have Rick Wagner's email because I did as That person advised. All they did was mail me a letter saying that the tailgate cables on my truck are shown to have already been replaced even though I can go out to my truck look at some very rusted and worn cables. Dont get me wrong! Chevy or Bust!!! But I hate when someone a 100 miles away tries to tell me what I am staring at!
  • pinn1pinn1 Posts: 2
    hello everyone new to this site i own a 2001 silverado 4x4 with the 4.8 auto and was looking to make some improvements to it i have had it for 6 years with no real complaints but now it is time to fix some issues with the tranny being sluggish and poor acceleration and was wondering if anyone has done something to their truck that they would say has really improved the overall power and drive ability of the truck such as exhaust,changing plug wires,aftermarket tranny etc.
  • Has anyone used synthetic fluids in their differentials, transfer cases and motors? Which ones? My '03 Sierra has 62000 miles, and I'm ready to move to the high mileage formulas. Do these systems need to be flushed before changing over?
    Any help and info will be greatly appreciated.
  • I currently have a set of AR wheels (20x8.5) with 285/55/20 Eagle LS tires on my 06 Z71. I like the look of the 20's, but I want a more aggressive looking stance beyond the fender flares. I would like to get a set of 20x10 Motto wheels, but am not sure if any modifications have to be done (I'd rather not shave or lift). Does anyone know if there will be enough turning clearance for the front? I don't want it to hit the upper arms or ball joints. Appreciate the feedback.
  • Well hello i'm new to this site to, but i think i might be able to stear you in the right direction. I have a 93'Sierra (SLE)Z-71 REG CAB SHORTBOX that i've owned for about 6-1/2 years. I started a restoration project on it about 2-1/2 years ago. As you probably know the TBI 5.7Liter is a big dog! What i did to get some power was install a K&N cold air kit($290), Helix Power Tower Throttlebody spacer($69), Flowtech Shorty Headers($288), High flow cattaletic converter($140), Cat back dual exaust that was on the truck, installed a flowmaster Muffler($85).
    What a difference it doesn't drive at all like the same truck! It's allmost were it should have been from the factory in my opinion! Next is a Jet Performance Modgule to reprogram the factory CPU and that should get it there. I was told with everything from 240hp stock too around 305 to 310hp. The way it runs now without the Jet Modgule i believe it!
    For the Tranny i had the same problem 2 years ago. What i did is run some Trans-X through it for about 50 to 100 miles. Drop the pan and replace the Trans filter, i used a hand pump with a long rubber hose down the filler tube and disconected the Trans lines from the trans cooler to get as much old fluid out as i could. Put everything back together and the most important thing when filling with new fluid, get a bottle of "LUCAS" TRANS CONDITIONER & SEALER.
    I did all that and my Transmission shift's real smooth just like new! At that time the Truck had about 155,000 miles, now has 188,300 and still running strong. About plug wires i used to go through a set every year of the aftermarket cheapies. My advice spend the money and get a set of AC-DELCO wires you wont regret it!
  • pinn1pinn1 Posts: 2
    hey just wanted to drop a thankyou for the advice i appreciate you taking the time and will try your tips.