Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Hyundai Sonata Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    jamesd1057jamesd1057 Member Posts: 18
    I meant $17034 Sorry
  • Options
    ntflyntfly Member Posts: 2
    From Bentley Hyundai in Huntsville, AL.

The $2500 rebate includes $2000 manufacturer & $500 military.
  • Options
    roller15roller15 Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

Just bought a 2007 Sonata GLS with Premium Package, floor mats. No XM. Dealer in St. Louis MO

$16,550 OTD, including tax,title and license and $2000 rebate. (Tax was $857, doc fee some $149)

Seems like there was another $200 or so in the deal, considering it does not have XM and the new steering wheel controls. Regardless, wife is happy with her new ride.

Had quotes from various dealers for $16,200-$17,500 + TTL
  • Options
    wmarkwwmarkw Member Posts: 5
    Fitzmall of MD has an ad for a lease in a local paper claiming "No Haggle, No Hassle" price with freight included for a 2007 Sonata GLS with an MSRP of 19,280 (sounds like standard eq with floor mats).

The terms are 1,499 down, 149/month for normal lease terms
    (12k/yr, 24mo, +TT, $99 deal proc)

Does this seem possible?
  • Options
    craigbrookscraigbrooks Member Posts: 420
    I'm now seeing a lot more Sonatas here in Great Falls, MT with the 199/mo lease. Used to be only about six running around town plus one Azera. Now you see one just about everytime you go out. Smart people....like us. :D
  • Options
    backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    FYI, the $500 loyalty rebate is back on the Sonata for June, at least in some states. $2000 general rebate still there also.
  • Options
    ARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Jersey (Towne) has the rebate; Maryland (Fitz) doesn't.

http://hyundaiusa.com/financing/specialoffers/special_offers.aspx

Is $500 worth a visit to Delaware Water Gap?
  • Options
    mdm4mdm4 Member Posts: 33
    Dear JMONROE, can you please tell me the dealership that quoted you $650 for the extended warranty? I just purchased a 2007 Sonata and would like to get the exteneded warranty. My dealer quoted me $1,000 and would like to do better. If anyone else has a good quote please let me know. Thanks Mark
  • Options
    roller15roller15 Member Posts: 6
    Mark,

This link may help you:
    http://www.checkbook.org/auto/ExtendedService.cfm
    Basically these dealers have agreed to do a low markup on the service contracts.

I am currently in touch with Manfredi Hyundai to get an extended 10year/100,000 warranty for some $660 or so (Don't remember the exact figure). They are waiting for some forms to sell it to me in MO.
  • Options
    dhilipdhilip Member Posts: 6
    Bought a 2007 Sonata GLS XM with Premium package & carpeted floor mats for 16700 OTD couple of weeks back from Brad Benson, NJ. Has been an absolute pleasure so far, but I'm beginning to hear rattling noises in the right front-end. Am posting more details about this in the relevant forums.
  • Options
    Roller, Thanks for the info, I called him and I just have to fax him my bill of sale. Anyone else out there interested in an Hyundai extended warranty make sure you mention edumunds.com or the first quote you will get will be $1,100.
    Mark
  • Options
    Who administers this warranty? Is this a Hyundai warranty or aftermarket?
  • Options
    I am told that it is a Hyundai warranty. I just faxed the dealership my bill of sale. He is waiting for new forms from Hyundai, he said that they reformated them. I am not going to pay anything until I actually see the warranty. But, it sounds on the up and up.
  • Options
    BTW, I bought for $16,650 OTD in Maryland (i.e. no owner loyalty).

They started quoting me a reasonable price. I balked a little; they asked what it would take to sell to me today; so I offered Fitz's "no haggle" price (without quoting the source) and they took it.

This is actually pretty simple once you have the right info.
  • Options
    pachakspachaks Member Posts: 3
    Sorry, I was away, i will mail the name and contact number to the email you mentioned.
  • Options
    dawnscowldawnscowl Member Posts: 1
    Odometer at 900 this morning. Sonata SE with no options, MSRP sticker $21,645. Edmunds TMV $18,592 with regional adjustment credit
    (-$162...the vehicle is assembled a few hours from me), small credit for Bright Silver and the $2,000 rebate. My cash cost not including tax, tags, etc. was $18,564. Using Edmunds TMV as my target, I told the dealer $18,500. He came back with $18,600...which I accepted...but they later knocked off the add'l $36.

My comment to shoppers is that so far, I am extremely pleased with this choice. For all the problems described on this forum, my experience is no squeeks, rattles, kthumps, sloshing, tire problems (Michelins on mine) or anything else to report. On the contrary, having driven two leased Camrys for six years in the late '90s (which I have always thought was the best vehicle model I have ever owned), I see the Sonata SE as every bit as fine a vehicle...and the much better warranty doesn't hurt. Granted, only 900 miles so far and I have been babying it during break-in. Very seldom over 60 mph...most mileaage is highway at 55-60. Filled tank yesterday at which time mileage on the vehicle's computer stood at 27.6 mpg. Very nice.

Still early in what I hope will be a very long ownership of Sonata SE, but for now, I have not a single complaint.

Good luck shoppers.
  • Options
    73chevyimpala73chevyimpala Member Posts: 16
    I have been watching the price dive way down in Dallas since October. In September I wrecked the family car, so I quickly narrowed the choices to Optima/Sonata. There were no really good deals in the fall, but now they are practically giving the Sonatas away.(I bought a used Optima, very happy with it)

First the Sonatas were in the 16s, then 15s, then in the last two weeks 12s, now in this mornings paper Huffines has one for 11,888.

They break the discounts down this way:

OS $3500
    Huffines disc 2042
    total savings 5542

I'm guessing this is a manual without A/C. But I don't understand how you could sell a vehicle in Dallas without A/C.

Does anybody know what this OS is?
    Also, has anybody seen a price of a car drop this far?
  • Options
    ga40ga40 Member Posts: 4
    My price on a 2007 GLS aqua blue with premium package, cargo net, mudguards, cargo mat (MSRP $20040) was $15150. Total with taxes, title and licensing was $16452.50. No owner loyalty. This is in minneapolis. I did not have a trade in and I arranged for my own finanacing.

Is this a good deal?
  • Options
    jack47jack47 Member Posts: 312
    Old Chinesse proverb.

What you see (advertisement) is not necessarily what you get.

All the more so with cars. :(
  • Options
    All Sonatas sold in the U.S. have A/C standard.

I'll bet that low-ball Sonata includes things like college grad rebate, military rebate, and maybe (I've seen this before) a special loyalty rebate to people who have bought a car from that dealership before.

Be sure to read the fine print--if it isn't too small to read. ;)
  • Options
    sonatafan63sonatafan63 Member Posts: 2
    I am in the market for a limited 07 sonata w/ XM. I want to get bright silver and gray leather interior. I dont want any upgrades other that floormats and cargo net. I live in southern new jersey and am looking to hear some peoples recent deals or if they know of a good dealership to get a deal. Edmunds shows the tmv for 21,299 after 2000 rebate. thanks in advance!
  • Options
    rhduke00rhduke00 Member Posts: 129
    How about
    Towne Hyundai
  • Options
    bhmr59bhmr59 Member Posts: 1,601
    Yes, check with Towne Hyundai. Their deals are straight forward...no tricks.

Their current offer on any Sonata is $3400 under INVOICE, plus another $500 off if you qualify for the Hyundai loyalty rebate.

Their doc fee is $189. So, the invoice on the car you want is $22,729 according to Edmunds. Take off $3400 and add $189 for a total price of $19,481 before TTL.

Towne is in Denville on Rte 10, about 5.5 miles west of Rte I-287. Call them and mention you saw their internet pricing.

Great place, we bought a Sonata in Feb, a friend bought an Azera in May (and he bought a used Sonata for his son 2 weeks ago). Their prices are that good and the personnel are a pleasure to work with.
  • Options
    presonatabuyerpresonatabuyer Member Posts: 5
    I live in LA and about to buy sonata SE or limited. anybody knows good dealer near LA region? What are the fair prices for SE and Limtied? any comments are appreciated.

;)
  • Options
    atallatall Member Posts: 7
    I got a quote for $16,800 for a 2007 Sonata GLS I4 Auto with XM & Premium Sport Package from a Chicago Dealer. TTL s extra and out the door it is $18500. The MSRP is 21930 Is this a good price?

Also, the Premium Sport package contains Alloy Wheels and 17" tires. Do the tires ride well? or should I consider the standard Premium Package that contains no alloys but 16" tires.

Feedback appreciated.

thanks
  • Options
    gromniegromnie Member Posts: 1
    I'm in Austin Texas and just got quoted $18,500 (before TTL) on a 2007 SE with no options. This is the lowest price I have been able to coax out of the local dealers and it looks like the paid for price would be $19,156.25 including the tax and tags.

It seems like people are getting some insane deals on here, but even if I bought this car locally at a place like fitzmall it would coost $18,328.

Both of these prices seem very good to me, they are ~$2450 under invoice and that has always seemed like a healthy discount to me.

My question is am I missing something? Is there a glaring omission I have overlooked or would this be a good deal?

I have until tommorow morning to decide. The sales manager that gave me the price beat my previous offer by $250 if I bought today basically.

How are people getting over $3000 below invoice on these cars, have I eeked out a good deal for myself or am I missing something?
  • Options
    muminmumin Member Posts: 13
    "Also, the Premium Sport package contains Alloy Wheels and 17" tires. Do the tires ride well? or should I consider the standard Premium Package that contains no alloys but 16" tires"

We do have 2 Sonatas in family-2006 GLS and 2007 Limited. If you care about good looks go with 17". If driving comfort is your highest priority, I'd definitely go with 16".
  • Options
    dan41dan41 Member Posts: 182
    Unless there is a compelling reason for you to buy the Sonata now, I'd suggest you wait a few months. As we get closer to the release of 2008 models, there will be more pressure on Hyundai and their dealers to move the existing 2007 inventory and the way they do it is through rebates and additional discounts. One risk, albeit small, is that you may not get the car you want most ( ie. color, options ).
  • Options
    vjyvjy Member Posts: 27
    I got 17,850 OTD price in MD for the premium sports package. So try bargaining for more, but not sure about your taxes, since I got my vehicle registered in VA and the tax is 3%. Also regarding the alloy wheels, I dont feel any difference, moreover this is my first car and the ride is very good.

Enjoy
  • Options
    jefferson1964jefferson1964 Member Posts: 330
    im just not even coming close to the deals listed on here....im in Dallas but getting quoted 19K BEFORE TTL for a base 4 cyl GLS, Auto, option package 2 with the power seat....how are people getting 15K-16K prices...im sure not...
  • Options
    Are you, at least, figuring in the $2,000 rebate?
  • Options
    rhduke00rhduke00 Member Posts: 129
    Unless there is a compelling reason for you to buy the Sonata now, I'd suggest you wait a few months. As we get closer to the release of 2008 models...

Hyundai has already released 2008 Sonatas. I saw some on the lot of Auffenberg Hyundai in O'Fallon Illinois last Sunday.
  • Options
    I purchased a 07 Sonata GLS with the $500 option package (electric seat, etc...) for $15,500 in Westchester NY. I found the price very good (approximately $3,500 below invoice). Has anyone been told that there are new forms for the extended warranty? I have been speaking with a dealer about the extended warranty for a price of $660 but he claims that Hyundai is in the process of redesigning the forms and he does not have them yet. Just wondering if he is stalling and does not have any intention of selling me the warranty for this price. Any imput would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    prosource1prosource1 Member Posts: 234
    Hyundai is slapping $2k for a rebate on Sonata's because their Montgomery factory wants to continue at their high production volumes and the 2008's are already sitting in lots waiting to be shipped. No one will dispute that Hyundai has inventory issues with the Sonata. It's not because no one is buying them either. Hyundai needs to sell between 10-15,000 Sonatas a month and 10-15,000 Santa Fe's a month to reach peak capacity in Montogomery. They are nearly there and if it takes rebates to keep it going, so be it. These are well-built cars, decent performers and very attractive. Anyone who says Accords and Camry's are 'better' needs only drive one and then see the price. Hyundai is going to do very well.
    Anyone buying is going to do very well today and very, very well in a month to six weeks.
    Personally, I like the idea of the 2008 Limited in a 4-Cylineer configuration for about $20-$21k, after all the rebates and discounts. This will be the best deal on the road. If people only knew how good the Sonata Limited is and how much equipment is on this car for $21K, they would run to buy one. Most people don't even shop it tho.
  • Options
    We've heard that they are changing warranty companies and the one they are going with you should STAY away from. Lots of complaints and claim turndowns.
  • Options
    jefferson1964jefferson1964 Member Posts: 330
    I resorted to cold calling the dealers and using numbers here people are getting on the 4cyl auto power seats package.... The dealers would not send me a price in email and would not give me a decent quote over the phone....I started calling and saying i was being offered $16,700 for the above mentioned and asked if they could match the price and all have said yes, lol....one guy said heck you really have done your homework and i quoted edmunds as a reference....unless they change the price when i get there which could happen i might just do all right i will keep ya informed....im in the dallas/ft worth area
  • Options
    fixtheboxfixthebox Member Posts: 14
    Hi all,

Need some help buying my new Sonata.
    My dealer is offering me a 2007 Sonata limited with ultimate option package and mats for $25000 out the door.
    I know this model was discontinued and the new one is offered with XM radio but is this a big deal?
    I can get the same car from another dealer for about $700-$800 more with the XM option.
    Does the fact the car is marked as "discontinued" reflect on the price ?

Thanks for your help,

Nick
  • Options
    My dealer is offering me a 2007 Sonata limited with ultimate option package and mats for $25000 out the door

Without knowing taxes, TTL, etc., it's impossible to know whether or not the price is fair. Nevertheless, $25,000 for a Limited seems way above what others have reported here. Are you factoring in the $2,000 rebate?

That said, I'm personally waiting for a 2008 Sonata Limited so that all of the known bugs that were in some of the '07s coming out of Alabama have been corrected. Have no interest in XM but I, for one, wouldn't want to take any chances with one of the old pre XM cars.

No doubt, in another couple of months (with the advent of the '08s) the pre XMs will be cleared out and going for thousands under invoice.
  • Options
    bobadbobad Member Posts: 1,587
    Have no interest in XM but I, for one, wouldn't want to take any chances with one of the old pre XM cars.

Instead of paying for features you don't need, open the front door and look on the B pillar. There you will find the manufacturing date.
  • Options
    Did you get the car for that price?
    I just got a quote for OTD limited sonata with the ultimate package for $25.000 (this is the model without the XM).
    This quote if from a dealer in San diego as well.

Regards,

Nick
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip.
    What if it says the car was manufactured in 2006? should I pass? I am not sure if there are any other differences between the pre xm to the xm models.
  • Options
    Here's the deal:
    I wanted a limited with ultimate package and powder white color.
    The best price I got so far (with XM) is Invoice $24,381 and final price of $26,700 ( this is BEFORE the $2000 rebate). I intend to take the 0% option since its more saving.
    I made some Calles to other dealers and wanted to know what’s the lowest price I could get this vehicle.
    One dealer will take almost $1000.00 off but I'm not sure he has the interior color I want (beige).
    Another dealer offered me the Pre XM OTD for $25,000.I don’t know the breakdown of invoice price Tax etc but it seems a nice deal since I can get XP installed for less than $500...
    I understand that the pre xm sonatas were build in 2006 but does that make any difference to me?
    Also, I don’t think I can wait for a month or so since I just sold my accent yesterday...

Thanks for all the help
  • Options
    Just got off the phone with the Hyundai dealer...
    He will sell the same 2007 limited with XM and ultimate package for $25,200 out the door (including everything).
    I am on my way to close the deal.

Thank you :shades:
  • Options
    w9cww9cw Member Posts: 888
    The other disadvantage to the 17" tires is replacement cost. There is a substantial difference in price between 16" and 17" tires.
  • Options
    Thanks.
    Got the car and love it!! drives great!
  • Options
    marketmarket Member Posts: 6
    I did check with towne hyundai. Dont think they are real truthful. they discount$ 3900.00 , true, but they jack the price up, on the invoice to arrive at the figure. when i pointed to autobytel, and edmunds invoive they said, they are usually less than the real invoice they get by about 500-700 dollars.
  • Options
    That was not the experience we had, nor that of a friend of mine.

Our deal was $4400 under invoice + $189 doc fee + $200 for title and registration, including temporary NJ registration (dealership made maybe $100 for handling this, included in the $200.)+ state sales tax.

Towne's price was $1900 under invoice as listed on Edmund's, less the various rebates. Did you do internet pricing or did you talk with them without mentioning internet pricing?

What model/trim line were you looking at and what was the price they told you? (Remember, most states charge sales tax on the pre-rebate price.)
  • Options
    Your post & my personal experience of 2 deals don't agree. I just checked Edmund's pricing and saw that it is now for 2008 Sonata's. With the different combinations available for '08 (4 or 6 cyl in all trim levels, GLS 4 cyl with either manual or AT, SE 4 cyl only manual and Limited 4 cyl only automatic) there is much room for confusion. I remember the confusion when the '07s came out with trim level name changes. Many people thought the '07 GLS was the same as the '06 GLS for less money. But the '07 GLS was essentially an '06 GL with more available options.

If your checking of invoice was based upon an '08 and Towne was talking about an '07, you could be comparing prices of two differently equipped cars.
  • Options
    haller4haller4 Member Posts: 5
    I was on my way to buy a new Honda Accord and decided to stop and drive a Sonata. Wow, was I surprised. I've owned 5 Hondas - so I still went to test drive as a comparison. The Sonata was roomier and quieter - with better engine response. So, I went back to the Hyundai dealership (North side of Columbus Ohio) and told them no fooling around - give me the best possible deal. Well, they came back very high and did not even beat the price advertised in the paper at another dealership. Finally got an offer to get me out the door at 16,990. Based on what I have seen on this forum that is not very good for a GLS base - no options except floor mats. I saw a deal posted in Pittsburgh for under 15,700 from April..... I'll drive 3 hours for $1300 - Any suggestions or input would be much appreciated. I am waiting for the other 2 local dealers to respond to internet pricing requests.
  • Options
    You didn't say what the taxes and fees are, but $17k does seem high for a base Sonata (if you mean a stick). One of my local dealers was advertising base Sonatas for $13,995 this weekend, with no tricks (except they might not have many at that price). Another advertised Sonatas with AT and Preferred Package for $129/mo. lease, $999 down. So I'd keep looking if I were you.