Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Entry Level Luxury Performance Sedans

1428429430431432434»

Comments

• andres3andres3 Southern CAPosts: 11,110
    benjaminh said:

Luxury VW Arteon hatchback sedan....

The leather is definitely more Audi-like than Jetta-like.
    '16 Audi TTS quattro 2.0T, '15 Audi A4 quattro 2.0T, '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion AWD
  • dino001dino001 Tampa, FLPosts: 5,546
    edited August 18
    It just made my next car list. Looks very much like A5 Sportsback. Wonder if the 4motion AWD is exactly the same tech as Audi’s quattro, or is it different. That’s often really hard to find out, unless you browse all those Audi/VW geek sites and even there you need to be careful who to believe.

Even if the package isn’t quite Audi, it looks like it will be 10 grand less, give or take for like configurations, especially in upper trim (mid 40s vs mid 50s), which seems a fair tradeoff if it delivers on essentials. VW has now 6-year btb warranty, probably to win trust back after the scandals, this definitely helps, as long as they make good on it.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 130,184
    dino001 said:

It just made my next car list. Looks very much like A5 Sportsback. Wonder if the 4motion AWD is exactly the same tech as Audi’s quattro, or is it different. That’s often really hard to find out, unless you browse all those Audi/VW geek sites and even there you need to be careful who to believe.

Even if the package isn’t quite Audi, it looks like it will be 10 grand less, give or take for like configurations, especially in upper trim (mid 40s vs mid 50s), which seems a fair tradeoff i it delivers on essentials. VW has now 6-year btb warranty, probably to win trust back after the scandals, this definitely helps, as long as they make good on it.

The 6/72 warranty is over with the 2019 model year.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

You mean 2019 is the last year? That’s a bummer. Wonder what will come after. Standard 3/36? So far no word on the website, probably because there are no 2020 models there yet.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• sdasda Indian Land, SCPosts: 2,953
    dino001 said:

You mean 2019 is the last year? That’s a bummer. Wonder what will come after. Standard 3/36? So far no word on the website, probably because there are no 2020 models there yet.

4 yr/50k, same as Audi. From what I read dealers said selling an extended warranty became difficult with so long of coverage, hitting their profit potential.

2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2013 Honda Accord EX, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

edited August 18
    So it's all about dealers and their profit margins, just like those disappearing maintenance programs. I guess people need to get paid, who knew :wink: .

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• circlewcirclew Posts: 8,664
    Looks like lease is the best bet on WV/Audi. Cost cutting to support past sins might delay quality improvements.
    circlew said:

Looks like lease is the best bet on WV/Audi. Cost cutting to support past sins might delay quality improvements.

I don't really see any cost cutting. However, it does seem the S is now a rental fodder model trim line, the SE used to be loaded, but is now sort of the base model replacing what the S used to be, and the SEL is now the loaded up tarted model, but still not every bell and whistle, which is either the SEL R-Line or SEL Premium line.

My wife just got a Tiguan SEL 4-Motion, and it's pretty darn good and loaded. I'd say it's overpriced, but not with a giant discount we were able to negotiate. It was based on the "Costco" deal, which is super aggressive, and I was happy having it matched. Some dealerships wouldn't "match it" and claimed there were probably "catches" to it. Other than having to listen to (waste time) the finance guy sales spiel trying to sell warranty on a 6 year 72K bumper to bumper warranted car, not really any "catches" at all.
    '16 Audi TTS quattro 2.0T, '15 Audi A4 quattro 2.0T, '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion AWD
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 34,285
    nice. So the Kia finally went back?

I have the Tiguan on my "to look at" list. Has to be really nice to get my wife to consider a VW though!

2019 Acura TLX A-spec 4 cyl. (mine), and 2013 Acura RDX AWD (wife's)

nd
    stickguy said:

I have the Tiguan on my "to look at" list. Has to be really nice to get my wife to consider a VW though!

It is nice!

Digital HD cluster gauges in SEL trim. Once you get that, you never go back. Pano roof. A very nice leatherette, especially in interior gray color. We got the Stone Blue (sort of a grayish bluish hint of green) with the gray interior, a nice combo. Her first choice was ice silver which is like a super light almost white nardo gray, but that seems to have been discontinued as a color. One salesman suggested Audi wanted the color.

8 speed auto, 2.0T motor tuned for 87 octane. Lots of room vertically and length-wise. Good looking well-designed SUV!

The 6-year 72K mile bumper to bumper warranty is almost guaranteed to be used and come in handy, even if it were a Honda, which it isn't! It's also a TRANSFERABLE warranty so it's not a gimmick like Hyundai/Kia where the warranty is only good for the first owner. I will say the Alltrack was problem free for 31K miles.

Wife says she got the 4-motion because it felt and drove better than the 2-wd model which she tested back to back. Says the AWD felt lighter/peppier, probably due to better acceleration, even in the dry. Something about the feel of AWD, which she said reminded her of the Alltrack drive, which is a good thing.
    andres3 said:

nd

stickguy said:

It is nice!

Digital HD cluster gauges in SEL trim. Once you get that, you never go back. Pano roof. A very nice leatherette, especially in interior gray color. We got the Stone Blue (sort of a grayish bluish hint of green) with the gray interior, a nice combo. Her first choice was ice silver which is like a super light almost white nardo gray, but that seems to have been discontinued as a color. One salesman suggested Audi wanted the color.

8 speed auto, 2.0T motor tuned for 87 octane. Lots of room vertically and length-wise. Good looking well-designed SUV!

The 6-year 72K mile bumper to bumper warranty is almost guaranteed to be used and come in handy, even if it were a Honda, which it isn't! It's also a TRANSFERABLE warranty so it's not a gimmick like Hyundai/Kia where the warranty is only good for the first owner. I will say the Alltrack was problem free for 31K miles.

Wife says she got the 4-motion because it felt and drove better than the 2-wd model which she tested back to back. Says the AWD felt lighter/peppier, probably due to better acceleration, even in the dry. Something about the feel of AWD, which she said reminded her of the Alltrack drive, which is a good thing.
    We still have the Kia.... 4 cars is way too much though. Need to schedule the return. We are under-miles and she promised to drive it at least twice this week to work (tomorrow and thurs.). Probably should return it this weekend. Due date is Sept. 3rd.
    well, the Hyundai BtoB is transferable and that is 5/60. So only one year different. And in 2020 VW ditched the 6/72 anyway.

stickguy said:

well, the Hyundai BtoB is transferable and that is 5/60. So only one year different. And in 2020 VW ditched the 6/72 anyway.

Lots of 2019's left right now though.
    I should go see what they will offer on a lease!