Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti G35 Coupe

Comments

• Options
    skmyluskmylu Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I bought my 05 G coupe automatic, a month back. its Laser Red with graphite and its completely loaded with all options except XM. I love my car and i have waited for this car for months, as i couldn't get my own customised one. Its my first car and I have been dreaming for this one from almost an year and I finally bought it. It is so cool, excellent drive and most important its fast. Fast enough to pass all the cars in slow moving traffic. But when it comes to the gas, it is pretty bad. So bad, hardly I am getting 11.75 mpg or some times 12mpg. i checked 3 times. very disappointed. I actually live in downtown where I have lot of signals all the time. it will take 15 min to drive just 2.76 miles to my work. so anyone experienced gas problems this badly in downtowns. any tips how to increase my mileage level. I hardly drive 10 miles a day. everytime i fill up my tank its 17 gals and when i see the mileage it will be 200 or 201 or 199. any tips/suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you. but over all this is one sweeeet car and I love more than anything.
  • Options
    realty_prorealty_pro Member Posts: 85
    Try the tornado. I saw a commercial for it and it supposedly helps up to 15% on gas mileage. It increases hp too.
  • Options
    raizelgsraizelgs Member Posts: 84
    I've had my G35 Coupe for two months. I took it on a 1300 trip and had a problem with the switches that contol the front seat. They pressed into my thigh and caused a lower back and leg circulation issue.

I sent a letter to Infiniti, but they blew me off. Not much you can do, except try adjusting to you get a comfortable position. If you figure out a way to modify the seat, please post it.
  • Options
    ptpvtecptpvtec Member Posts: 4
    hello,

where is your post on the gas issues and the lemon law?
  • Options
    ptpvtecptpvtec Member Posts: 4
    hello,

your gas tank should fill up to 20 gallons, there is a recall out that fixes that problem. There are so many gas problems with this stupid car, my car had a bad sensor, which was replaced, and still i get terrible gas mileage, NOT EVEN CLOSE to the 18/25 that these vehicles are said to get. hope it helps,

regards!
  • Options
    realty_prorealty_pro Member Posts: 85
    "Nissan North America have requested a 4.5L V8 to be installed in the top-of-the-line 2006 Skyline! Plans to incorporate the a 4.5L V8 rated at 350ps or even 400ps to compete with BMW and Lexus is just a dream of Nissan North America at the moment, but it could very well be a reality 2 or 3 years from now in the 2007/8 Infiniti G35 face lift model."

http://www.7tune.com/skyline_001.html
  • Options
    cardan12cardan12 Member Posts: 1
    I've had my 2005 G35 Coupe Sport Tuned Suspension MT for about 1 month and for about 2 weeks I had a hard time fnding that "perfect" seat adjustment. My back did hurt and I felt a little uncomortable. After trying many different settings I found the MAIN source of the problem: It was the telescopic STEERING WHEEL. It was too far against me! I pushed it almost to the limit far away from me and that, together with a couple of seat adjustments did the trick. My back issues went away.
    I just wish the 2005 model had memory seats. The 2006 does. Love the car...
    Daniel
  • Options
    jedmo123jedmo123 Member Posts: 1
    Go to Tirerack.com, select base model for the G35 and 17" rims, pick one and call them. I got the same winter tires you mentioed.
  • Options
    roar1roar1 Member Posts: 193
    Does anyone know if the coupe uses high-friction brake pads that will need to be replaced at very frequent intervals ( 20,000 mi. or so ). I do not own one of these vehicles but I am curious as to what is stated in the owners manual ( or by Infiniti ).

Thanks in advance!

ps. I am in the initial " car shopping " stages ( and I'm crazy about the VQ 3.5 )
  • Options
    wbr99wbr99 Member Posts: 51
    roar1,

you can download the user manual from the infiniti website, but i dont think it has anything regarding the brake pads.

HTH,
    Wally
  • Options
    jetta6ajetta6a Member Posts: 33
    The Brembo equipped models eat through the pads and rotors fairly quickly. There is some class action lawsuit against Nissan for those brakes. The non-brembo ones ( All 05 and up ) are not as bad, but of course that depends what you are comparing them against. Compared to a Honda Civic, yes they will wear out faster, but you also get supercar like stopping power. Also depends on your driving habits, if you auto-x it will last 2 hours, if you drive like a granny it will last 30K miles.
  • Options
    waydewayde Member Posts: 198
    Do only the perf pkg equipped coupes have the staggered setup (front/rear)? Or is it all coupe models that have this setup?
  • Options
    They are all staggered, 225/235 for 17s, 225/245 for 18s and 19s
  • Options
    Please forgive my dumb question.

What does a staggered setup mean ? and what are its advantages and/or disadvantages ?

wbr99
  • Options
    murrowmurrow Member Posts: 72
    staggered is when the front tires are a different size than the back.
  • Options
    ^^ What he said. If you have too fat tires in the front it will rub on turning etc. So once you reach a limit your front tires will be skinnier than your rear ( drive ) wheels. The advantage of course is more grip, disadvantage is you have to buy more expensive tires in the back. Also if you just put staggered setup on a car that didnt have the setup from factory without suspension adjustments, you will unevenly wear out the front tires quick ( I learnt this the hard way )
  • Options
    Thanks for the info Murrow and Jetta6a
  • Options
    catlady44catlady44 Member Posts: 15
    Hi Too Much.

I don't have a G35 but I was considering it as an otpion. However, after reading your post, I doubt I will. I recently bought a 2004 VW Beetle Convertible Turbo GLS with 6600 miles on it and it too gets horrible gas mileage. I am doing better than you but I am only getting around 16 miles to the gallon and I only commute 6 miles roundtrip. I have had it to the dealer and they put it on the computer for a fuel consumption test but they said the computer shows "no faults" so basically there is nothing they can do. I know this forum is about G35s but I just wanted to share my empathy for your problem.

I wish I had a solution for you but I am sure others in here with more knowledge might be able to make some suggestions.

catlady44
  • Options
    will42will42 Member Posts: 21
    I also drive 6 miles round trip with my 05 G35 coupe with automatic. The reason for the poor mileage is the car never gets a chance to reach maximum operating temperature. When the car is "warmed up" it should deliver better fuel economy. I hope this helps.
  • Options
    esuleymanovesuleymanov Member Posts: 18
  • Options
    esuleymanovesuleymanov Member Posts: 18
    hello everyone. has anybody checked the acceleration of the 6 mt coupe? how fast is it?
    I just bought a gtech pro SS. I am planning to measure HP and 0-60 time. have anyone measured the hp and 0-60 time before? if so please let me know the results
    thank you
  • Options
    intenceintence Member Posts: 32
    I was wondering if anyone has a G35 Coupe as their daily driver, and also frequently has to put an infant or baby in the back? Is it extremely awkward with the 2-door, or a fairly simple deal for the G35 Coupe? I really like the coupe a lot more than the sedan, but am a bit worried about how practical the coupe will be with a small child/newborn. Any experiences?
  • Options
    ezshift5ezshift5 Member Posts: 858
    ...reckon folks buy the G35c for performance......

...high mileage is for hybrids/diesels, etc......

...great car, the G35.....

..but doesn't anyone get the EPA posted numbers............anyone get better?

..best, ez.....
  • Options
    jayellesevenjayelleseven Member Posts: 150
    I get about EPA numbers for gas, Id say 17 street, 23-24 highway. Ill get as much as 19, MAYBE 20 but thats driving like my grandmother. Pedal to the floor on the streets will give me like 12-14 mpg haha. Thats why I keep low levels of gas in the car, so I DONT SPEED and avoid citations, already have 3! Not in my G-Whip tho, so wheres the recall bout 20 gallon tank on the Coupe?
  • Options
    sibirsibir Member Posts: 1
    Hello all!
    Can anyone recommend really good winter tires for a G35C 6speed mt? I have 18s, but would change the rims for the winter if it will make the car handle better in the snow. Heard good things about Blizzak. Also wanted to find out if Nokian’s winter tires are any good. After all, it’s a Finnish company, they should know a great deal about winter driving.
    I love driving in the snow, but would prefer to have more control over the vehicle. Barely survived last winter with summer tires on.
    Appreciate your advice!
  • Options
    luvmyg35luvmyg35 Member Posts: 1
    I have a White Diamond 2005 G35 coupe. I keep it garaged and take excellent care washing it myself. I noticed that there is a strange yellow spot about 8 inches appearing in the paint in 3 different areas on one side of the car. It looks almost like someone blew smoke into the paint. Once it appears, it is in the paint and cannot be buffed or waxed out. Does anyone know what this might be or know of anyone else this has happened to?

I know it is not something I have done to the car myself and I am baffled.......I appreciate any help with this......Kawni
  • Options
    maukaonyxmaukaonyx Member Posts: 2
    Hi, Excuse me if my post is better suited under a different topic. I was strongly considering getting a 350Z Enthusiast Roadster or Coupe, with MT, but got turned off by the abundant posts about the suspension, tire feathering/cupping, and pull to the right. That really turned me off. So I am considering the G35 Coupe MT. I know the vehicles share the same engine and many other components, but I am wondering if the G35 Coupe MT is every bit as good in handling and performance as the 350Z Coupe with MT also. I've read a lot of reviews on the G35, but haven't found one that directly compares the handling and performance of the cars. It would be especially helpful if there are former 350Z owners here to comment on their experience in switching from the 350Z to the G35. Thanks! Jon
  • Options
    acerocaballoacerocaballo Member Posts: 4
    I've got a eight and five year old and find the back seat entry/exit thing to be fine. As you probably know, the G Coupe has a button on the rear of the seat that makes the seat go forward to ease the entry/exit. Perhaps the most irritating thing for me is the seat belts for the front occupants are on a sort of arm that folds up and down so it is out of the way during the entry/exit of rear occupants. It's no huge deal, but it makes it extremely difficult to reach behind you if you forget to raise it back up prior to getting into the car after someone has gotten in the back. Also, the belt arms seem to make wind noise when riding with the windows down. Also, the passenger side will rattle because of the position of the belt clip when there is no passenger. Finally, you'll notice that the drive's side belt will lodge into strange places and you won't be able to dislodge it unless you open the door.

Overall a minor inconvenience, but irritating. I love the car and recently went from a Benz E-class four door to this car and have had no problems with hauling the kids and no regrets!!
  • Options
    lock_n_loadlock_n_load Member Posts: 6
    Hi! I just bought an 2006 G35 Coupe 6M almost 2 weeks ago and I love it. I thought about the Track Version of the 350Z, but decided on the G35. I noticed that most teenagers go with the 350Z. I'm about to turn 24 in Jan. The ladies will love the G35 more b/c of the look (you get a luxury/sport car). If you want a harsh ride get the 350Z, but if you want a firm ride get the G35. The G35 rides like a luxury car, but looks, sounds, and handles like a sports car. The 350Z comes with 18's, but if you went with the Track Version then you would have 245/40/18 in the front and 265/35/19's in the rear. The G35 6M has 225/40/19's in the front and 245/40/19's in the rear.
  • Options
    sukkasukka Member Posts: 2
    can someone explain me about differencies between 2003,2004 and 2005. im thinking of getting an used g35 coupe 6mt one. i have to make a decision between those, if there are no differences a lot then imma gonna get 2003 one. however, if u guys tell me some advices for 2004 or 2005 then my decision could be changed. 2003 and 2004 have same Mileage as 27000~29000 and prices are 24500 and 25600.and also options are all same! even colors.
    what would u guys prefer?
  • Options
    sukkasukka Member Posts: 2
    and also im getting from ebay. would it be ok?
  • Options
    lindseyclindseyc Member Posts: 1
    Doesn't look like you have had any useful replies to your question. I have a 05 coupe with the Bose system, and the sound quality is not much better (actually pretty disappointed). I'm considering a small sub and an EQ to get the sound I want. Have you make any changes to you sound system since your original posting?
  • Options
    If you have the money definitely get the 05!! The interior was redone completley, no aluma look plastic, its the real deal. Also a bunch of niggling problems were fixed. The g35 is a great car, but like all brand new products, it had some annoying issues in the first few years of production. Other than the interior changes in 05, there were changes to the audio(no tape), increase in hp for 6mt models, availability of 19in rims, better instrumentation. There may be more differences but thats all I can remember from the top of my head. The 05s did loose the brembo brake option though.
  • Options
    Yeah the 05 is good fo sho, been wit mine for 6months n love it everyday. Test drive the 04 and 05 and im sure youll feel the increase in overall quality. Jus dont get your 04 or even used 05s at the dealer, they really try 2 make $ offyah, i got my New new 05 for about the price they were sellin an 04 (more options on the use 1 but still man!)
  • Options
    Does anyone know the cost of the tire pressure sensors. I just put on a set of winter tires and wheels, and had the sensors removed from the factory wheels and installed in the winter tire wheels.

I would like to buy a new set for the normal wheels so I can keep the tires inflated for an easy swap in the spring.
  • Options
    Found the answer myself. Called the dealer. Sensors are $105 each. I guess I'll swap them out in the spring. It's not worth $400 for the easy swap. :(
  • Options
    does anyone have any info on dent repair removal, as in tips or services or whatever companies youd recommend or previous situations...?? thanks for any help
  • Options
    ezshift5ezshift5 Member Posts: 858

Don't know jack about dent repair....but have

....noted posts on '03/'04 G35c clutch/transmission concerns...

..how is your '05 in this area? How about compared to a Honda or Acura stick/clutch? Gear noise? Cool.

..best, ez
  • Options
    xthecatxthecat Member Posts: 30
    I also have a baby, and no problems with getting in/out. As to the seatbelt issue, I solved it by getting a thick fabric sleeve at a automotive store that fits over the buckle, no more slapping against the door ect.
    I had a dent in the door, and my "detail" shop fixed for about $100, they insert a tool through a hole under the door or in some cases take the door apart. Either way, no drilling holes or paint needed, highly recomended.
  • Options
    hey, took me a while 2 come back herre cuz i mainly use 6mt.net the clutch is fine, gear noise isnt 'bad', yet ive only driven a manual altima, small pickup n accord, so yeah everything is jus Fine, shifts are smoothe, quick, easy, short, etc, even when i push the car i see no problems, of course, you must be good at manual also.. the 05 are very good, at least mine has been for 7+ months and 4600+ miles_
  • Options
    I bought a set of Dunlop MP3s in 18". I have the G-35 Coupe with the 19" sport tuned package. I put the Dunlops on 18" wheels.

They have been fine so far. We had a six-inch snowfall last week and I had no problems. Even went up my unplowed driveway (needed two tries). They get good ratings on TireRack. :D

Not many miles yet, but they seem fine. I wouldn't want to drive this car in the snow with the summer tires. I tried it once with a V-8 firebird and that car was like a hockey puck. :(
  • Options
    wale_bate1wale_bate1 Member Posts: 1,982
    OK, odd little query here: how common is red on the lots?

It's become a silver/grey world out there, and other than the occasional blue, I see little variation locally. If I'm going to pull the trigger on this puppy come May, I'll be wanting a 5A in red with wheat, sport suspension, lux pkg without or with the key, aero; no satellite or NAV.

Sound pretty much like a special order to anyone else?
  • Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    You're exactly right -- it's special order time.

I will only drive a manual transmission, I like red cars, and I don't want a lot of fluff accessories that will break, sooner or later.

My issue isn't so much finding the car I want as finding the dealer who will even order it for me.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    hendjazhendjaz Member Posts: 155
    "Sound pretty much like a special order to anyone else?"

I think you will be able to find that in someone's inventory. I just yesterday picked up my 06 diamond graphite/stone, lux package w/key, 5A, performance wheel/tire coupe yesterday. At the dealer I saw a couple of red ones that looked pretty close to your needs. The combo of the 5A and the suspension/aero package could be limiting though and make it harder to find. I didn't look closely at the red ones and they could have been 6 speeds, so not sure.
  • Options
    You may be right. After reflection, I decided the aero option was a bottom feeder as far as priorities go.

I filled in a response card online and the local lot is sending me a brochure, and I'm sure will offer many halpful suggestions on how to unite me with the desired unit! ;)

I think they really ought to beat Audi to market with a shooting brake version of this car. Just thinking out loud here. Infiniti? Is this thing on?
    :)
  • Options
    peterny19peterny19 Member Posts: 12
    Whats Up guys I leased a 2005 g35c auto primium pkg a little over two months ago and today i went on the infiniti official site and looked at pics of the '06 it looks like the the 06 has different reverse lights and has projection headlights. I am upset because i didnt think they would change it for at least a year. I am seeing things.
  • Options
    hendjazhendjaz Member Posts: 155
    I didn't notice any difference in the lights as most importantly both years had the zenons up front and the lcd's in the back. The sales folks had a hard time explaining any differences other than the addition of bluetooth in 06. I wanted bluetooth and the diamond graphite color which they didn't have in the only two 05s left so I went with the more expensive 06. They were dealing better on the 05s for sure.
  • Options
    murrowmurrow Member Posts: 72
    The reverse lights are so subtly changed that, quite frankly, I'm surprised they bothered. The headlights do have projectors for '06. The only other difference I've noticed is that the annoying seat belt guides on my '05 are now gone in favor of more conventional guides. These are hardly things to be "upset" about. Why would you think Infiniti wouldn't make any changes AT ALL for '06? Did some sleazeball salesman tell you this? If you were so worried, why didn't you wait?
  • Options
    Think of the money saved, go for a drive on a great road, come home and light the fire and have a glass of Champagne (as opposed to champagne) to toast the season.

It'll be OK. I guarantee it.
    ;)
  • Options
    peterny19peterny19 Member Posts: 12
    when i went to the dealer i asked if their were going to be any changes to the look of the car and the dealer said no, i didnt care about the keyless go or the bluetooth i only thing now is that someone can tell that i dont have the latest version, also when you to buy a car no matter how much money i would hope that they woudnt change it for the next model year. ">link title