Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti G35 Coupe

Comments

• Options
    york2york2 Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking at a used 2004 G35 Coupe with the premium package installed. The vehicle only has 9200 miles on it and one previous owner. They're asking $32,995 for it. I know that the 2005's aren't too much more than that, but the closest dealer is about an hour away. Is that a reasonable price?

Thanks

York
  • Options
    scantyscanty Member Posts: 164
    Go ask Terry in the Real World Trade In Values forum. Make sure you give plenty of information on the car (color, transmission, miles, condition, and LOCATION) and he'll give you a real good idea what you should be paying.
  • Options
    york2york2 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the tip. I'll do that.
  • Options
    kean1kean1 Member Posts: 1
    have heard dealerships requiring that a buyer sign an acknowledgment that the car is equipped with high performance summer tires and that they should be replaced with all seasons or winter tires for light snow. As one said, the stability system works on in a all weather conditions, but tires don't. One reason I did not get the performance tires. I live in Nj and evertime I buy a car with high perfomrnace tires, I end up replacing them with high performance all seaons for better traciton in light snow. :)
  • Options
    frisconickfrisconick Member Posts: 1,275
    That's way over priced, you can get a new one for less.
  • Options
    MSRP, acccording to Consumer Reports, ranges from 33,360 to 33,960 for a new coupe, but I am not sure if it includes the premium package. How much extra is the premium package?
  • Options
    pushnotpullpushnotpull Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a new 05 6MT. i noticed there is a whistling noise upon releasing the gas on 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears, not not so much on the 4, 5 and 6. it's a high pitch noise. i brought back to the dealer and they claim it is normal. it is annoying would you agree?

i was wondering if any 6 MT owner have experience the same issue. :confuse:
  • Options
    I would go to an independent mechanic to check it out. I have test drove a couple of 05 6MTs and I didn't hear any high pitch noises.
  • Options
    sysadmin1sysadmin1 Member Posts: 122
    I have the samething but with a G35 6MT sedan. Ive got about 8k miles on it and i get the same noise. From what I can tell it is normal gear whine. I can usually make it happen in almost any gear just by barely letting off the gas and almost coasting...maybe give it a little more gas and you can make the noise come and go.

I believe it is normal though...it's just the more aggressive, visceral nature of this car. The tranny, shifter vibrations, and overal driving noises are not subdued and rubber mounted out like other cars like acuras and such...

my .02...but you get used to it...like the burble and popping kinds of noises the ehuast makes with the windows open if you rev the engine or let off the throttle cruising...
  • Options
    ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    frisconick, you might also want to post your questions in the Infiniti G35: Prices Paid & Buying Experience Forum to see if the buyers there have any insight.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

• Options
    manaboutmanabout Member Posts: 31
    Hi,

I have an '05 5AT Coupe with the standard 17" wheels and tires. I want to swap out the OEM rims for a set of ADR 17" wheels. I'm planning to put the OEM rims on a set of Blizzaks (I live on the East Cost). My question is can I fit 17 x 7" wheels with a +40mm offset on the OEM tires (225/50/17 front, 235/50/17 rear) ?

I know very little about the relation between tires and wheel sizes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    kominskykominsky Member Posts: 850
    7" sounds a little narrow for those tire widths. I know on the front of my 330Ci sport, the 225's sit on 7.5" rims. On the 325 sport packs, the wheels are all 8" with the 225's. My advice would be to call or email the tirerack. They are incrediblly helpful and knowledgable, IMHO. - tirerack.com
  • Options
    tmn7tmn7 Member Posts: 1
    I'm thinking of purchasing a G35 coupe. Luckily I can get a discount through the VPP program. I was wondering if anyone could give me information on maintenance costs?
  • Options
    jcjacob21jcjacob21 Member Posts: 7
    Has anyone heard anything about the 2006's?
  • Options
    jayellesevenjayelleseven Member Posts: 150
    man forget the 06's! ha, i jus got my 05 less than a month ago. Well they wont do much else, they added/changed a significant number of things for the car for 05.
  • Options
    I have a new 6MT Coupe, n havent heard that. Have heard some funky noises but mainly, the sounds are Massively Explosive, and Im lovin it!
  • Options
    bootylovebootylove Member Posts: 1
    I just got the new 2005 6MT coupe and i was wondering if anyone knew what the perfect shift point was. More specifically, i was wondering what shift point optimizes shifts without the horsepower starting to fade off and giving the next gear the best RPM's to start off on.
  • Options
    Plus it's the coolest looking car on the road, by far. :shades:
  • Options
    Im not sure of what it is but it seems to be around 3-3 1/2 thousand rpms. Now, thats really more the shift point where you do not need to use the clutch, as for what you're looking for specifically, from what Ive driven, (where I get the best power from the engine) is above 4 1/2 rpm... Not sure tho', Im 19, haha, yet a good driver, well you know_
  • Options
    Yup, it looks stealthy, the 05 MTs do wit the 19's babeh! Ha, mine's black on black too. I wanna put a pic up, ill try it.
  • Options

• Options
    gambit293gambit293 Member Posts: 406
    Just curious if anyone here watches drifting. Has anyone seen the Falken G35 drift car driven by Calvin Wan? That thing rocks to the tune of 550 whp! :)

http://superstreetonline.com/featuredvehicles/130_0507_falkeng35/
  • Options
    Interesting, age and driving skill? I know people who can't drive any car well, no matter how old they get. :P
  • Options
    esuleymanovesuleymanov Member Posts: 18
    nice picture. nice car Mine is exacly the same. did you do any modification to interior or exterior since you bought you car?? What color is the front passenger seat? it seems red to me in the picture or did you put something on [non-permissible content removed]?

do you like the acceleration, is it what you expected before you bought your car?
    Please let me know whether you did any modification on your coupe.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    esuleymanovesuleymanov Member Posts: 18
    nice picture. nice car Mine is exacly the same. did you do any modification to interior or exterior since you bought you car?? What color is the front passenger seat? it seems red to me in the picture or did you put something on [non-permissible content removed]?

do you like the acceleration, is it what you expected before you bought your car?
    Please let me know whether you did any modification on your coupe.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    havent really done mods, imma get back 2 yah tho, its 2 am, n i got a basketball tournament tomorrow (2day) , i like your interest!
  • Options
    dmarcus48dmarcus48 Member Posts: 139
    Guys,

Yesterday I had an opportunity to have short drive in a g35 coupe. I had been concerned about headroom, I'm 6'5", 240 lbs. My neighbor's friend came over to show him his new car. A g35 coupe, 6 sp, a beautiful metallic blue with a light interior, had the performance package with the 19" rims. I called outside and asked the guy if I could sit in it to see if I fit and he (I know him) said sure. So I got in and adjusted the seat (with his OK) and was really pretty comfortable, leg room was fine, headroom a little tight but I could sit in there, wasn't hitting my head on the ceiling. After wiping the drool off of his seats I asked if I could drive it up the street, he said sure. So I very carefully drove up the street, didn't try and hit it or anything the car only had 400 miles on it. What a beautiful car!!!! Called my wife out to look at it as well.

This car has definitely moved up in my wish list for next summer when my lease is up. Don't know how well the 19" rims will do in the NJ winters, hey I'll get out and push it if necessary!

Might have to buy an automatic, I know its a sin, but I've got some torn tendons in both ankles and am due for some heavy surgery. Won't be able to drive a stick for about 2 years after that.

Dave
  • Options
    A little advise, get the automatic given your medical condition, believe me.
  • Options
    nissan350znissan350z Member Posts: 81
    I would think if you live in NJ you will need snow tires for the G35 with 19inch rims. I have a 350Z, although don't dirve my Z in the snow. I know my summer tire wouldn't go in the snow.
  • Options
    The black G35 coupe is the best looking car on the road. :P
  • Options
    surobobsurobob Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2003 coupe...my advice, unless Infiniti has figured out how to build a good electrical system, go to another showroom. In the past two years I have had to replace the driver's window motor twice and the sunroof motor. Of course, each time they died in the open position. Nothing beats the feeling of knowing your $36k investment is sitting in the parking lot wide open.

Those items were covered by the warranty so at least I didn't have to pay for the repairs. But I recently had to replace the brakes (pads and rotors). I've never seen such a poor design. I had a little over 20k miles on the car and this little "routine maintenance cost" was $1200, and I haven't really abused the brakes! The service rep said I did pretty well getting 20k out them! He said the Brembros we designed that way. I said what way, poorly? At the same time, he wanted to gouge me another $1100 for tires. I said no thanks, they are fine.

Just like any car though, most of this depends on the dealer you use for services. Unfortunately, the one near my house enjoys sticking their customers in the shorts.
  • Options
    CR does say the 03 is not as reliable as the 04 for electrical problems, but the 04 has an excellent rating so I am not too worried about the 05 coupe.
  • Options
    colonel35colonel35 Member Posts: 108
    Sorry to hear about your issues, but for the sake of balance, my 2003 Coupe 6-sp has had no electrical issues at all. The only problem has been the navigation display, which has developed an annoying habit of "whiting out" in really hot weather. And, at the 30k mile checkup, the dealer told me my Brembos still have about half their lives left (and I'm not shy about braking), so I have no idea why yours only lasted 20k miles. (If memory serves, Infiniti had a lot more issues with the standard [non-Brembo] brakes on the car, which were covered by some recall.)
  • Options
    crazycommutercrazycommuter Member Posts: 8
    Do you know if there is a plan to introduce G35x coupe?
  • Options
    Imma bout to wash my sweet whip:

And naw crazy, havent heard bout any x Coupe, now do you really need it, rear wheel is fly yah know_
  • Options
    Pretty ride!!! :shades:
  • Options
    What is the premium Package?
  • Options
    wysguywysguy Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know how to remove the stock manual shift knob?
  • Options
    scantyscanty Member Posts: 164
    I'm not sure this applies to the G, but the trick that I have used is to wrap a towel around the knob (to protect the leather) and use a pipe wrench on it to give it the initial twist. They are usually threaded on with some loctite, which is why it's hard to break free by hand.
  • Options
    estesestes Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2003 coupe as well, I recently had my brake pads replaced under warranty. I have a friend with a coupe and he received a warranty notice in the mail indicating that the original pads were defective and they would be replaced under warranty. I asked the dealer about it and they confirmed the notice, but did not know why I did not recieve the notice. However they replaced them at NC.I had 18K on mine.
  • Options
    gccambridgegccambridge Member Posts: 24
    Just curious how many out there have the coupe with the Brembos and have a spare tire that does NOT fit? Blew out my tires via a pothole and called up Infiniti Roadside Assistance and they said they've never heard of such a thing (was trying to get a flatbed, but they insisted on sending someone over to change the tires "properly" - of course, it would not fit).

Anybody have experience correcting the problem (i.e. getting a new spare)? Do they give you a hard time about it?

I have a 2004 Coupe 6MT.

Thanks!
  • Options
    migurusmigurus Member Posts: 4
    Guys, I am getting sick & tired of the sound system in this excellent car.
    I have 05 base model (not Bose) sound.
    I think I should change those speakers. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
    Thanks!
  • Options
    My wife's TL has Panasonics, and it is an awesome sound system. :)
  • Options
    carnut68carnut68 Member Posts: 1
    I am new to this, so if this has already been discussed, please forgive me.
    Does anyone know if there are plans to introduce a convertible version of the G35 Coupe?
    Thanks
  • Options
    nissan350znissan350z Member Posts: 81
    If you want a conv, you will have to get the 350Z roadster. At this time I don't see Infiniti making a conv for G35 since the Nissan already has the ZR.
  • Options
    I think that is a great question, it would be so cool if the G35 came with a rag top.
  • Options
    Ehh, I dunno, possibly, I think it would be better left as is. Anyway, have u guys noticed (not sure if this is on all G35's) That theres a welded stopper behind the accelarator, so you dont actually FLOOR IT, u know? haha I drive a 05 6MT_
  • Options
    zep2zep2 Member Posts: 1
    I asked my sales guy at infiniti that same question this past week. He said late 2006 as a 07 model. He said it isn't 100% yet but appears very probable. Can't find any info to support that ( which is what I want know as I am looking at buying coupe right now). I'd wait if aI knew it was true.
  • Options
    I don't know, I floored the G35 and didn't notice any restrictions. :shades:
  • Options
    Tell me everything yall know bout Lamborghini doors for the G35 Coupe!!