Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti G35 Coupe

Comments

• Options
    e_r_i_ce_r_i_c Member Posts: 2
    I don't have custom rims, but the new 6spd has forged 19's and they look pretty sharp - and aluminum drilled pedals as part of the package. I had looked at the 3 series too, but price-wise, the coupe fits in better for me (and it does look pretty sharp).

I bought a Passport G-Timer and I'm getting consistent 5.2 / 5.3 second 0-60 times with my mods (approx $2000). The G-Timer isn't fully accurate, but I think it's within a 10th of a second. I am not the best at launching either, so 5.1 seconds should be possible. I've only done about 13 runs and I'm learning as I go.

All I can say is test drive the G and the new 3 series. Let me know how they stack up. It should be pretty close, since the '06 330 will have 255 hp. it gains some weight though too, so the G35 6spd will still have the slight edge on raw speed. Of course, beyond that all of the personal likes/dislikes will come into play.
  • Options
    jayellesevenjayelleseven Member Posts: 150
    Yeah the new stock rims look NICE. Price-wise, the 330i is too much, you get what, bigger rims and like 40 more hp? No thanks. Im prefering the Coupe and its CRAzie how you added about $2K worth of upgrades and you're getting those times!! Man, you gotta tell me exactly what you did cuz when/if I get one, I'll wanna blaze the streets! And the G-Time is prollie off, man, thats crazie.

Ive driven both, but didn't really get a feel for the cars. I will drive again before I finally choose. The 330 does 0-60 in 6.0 sec but Im concerned about looks, I dont like the rear man... I need to like EVERYthing to shell out this kinda money u know? Aight hope you come back around_
  • Options
    frisconickfrisconick Member Posts: 1,275
    I was all set in buying an Acura TL and saw a G35 coupe that was stunning. Is there any reason for me to buy a G35 and not the TL? :shades:
  • Options
    ed2930ed2930 Member Posts: 7
    Still waiting for my g35 to come in (ordered in March black 6m/t with stone int.). I was wondering if any one knew if the factory radio had preouts on it. I ordered the non premium package because I couldn't deal with the lack of headroom with the sunroof. I heard that the HU is the same in both packages and since the bose is connected there, it seems like there should be a preout. I would like to change out the speakers and add an aftermarket amp or two. Your input is appreciated.
  • Options
    I was thinkin about the TL too. I checked it out with my dad. Its a very nice car with nice features and its fast. Now, you cant really beat a G35 Coupe 6MT. That is power! Plus, what kind of appeal works for you? The 4 door sedan that looks nice (but a bit too much like a japanese teen's racer) or a faster Coupe that looks KILLER?? They both have their advantages and disadvatages but which one is really more fun to drive?? For me the Coupe, and Youre Right, it looks real nice, especially with After Market Rims! N some dark tint too.
  • Options
    I need an automatic, so it doesn't matter if I get a 6MT. So is the TL that much different from a G35? Actully the G35 is cheaper than the TL. :P
  • Options
    esuleymanovesuleymanov Member Posts: 18
    hi. do you know what is the acceleration 0-60 mph for 2005 g35 coupe without any modifications?

What modifications(not too expensive) would you recommend?
  • Options
    G35 0-60 is 6.8 seconds, 93
    TL 0-60 is 6.7 seconds, 95

Not much difference. What is the special package for the G35?
  • Options
    i was told the acceleration for 2005 g35 coupe 6MT is 5.8 seconds(or 5.5). this is the reason I am planning to buy one with premium package and aerodynamic body kit. I wanna know whether it will add up some hp and accelerate faster if i change some parts. for example, the air intake or some other parts. let me what would you recommend to change.
  • Options
    My references is Consumer Reports.
  • Options
    Read message #1908 by Eric. He got his time down to the low 5's with not too many mods. Its a japanese car, yall know the mods wont be difficult. Im jus waiting 2 see when he'll come by again.
    And about the TL, the 6MT is about the same price as the TL, the auto G35 is a lil cheaper. Well the cars are that different, you driven them both? They're both great cars, I jus know the G35 is more fun to drive, thats what matter to me, I gotta enjoy (to the max) what I drive if I am to spend that much on it, u know??
    Its pretty much an excellent sedan vs an excellant coupe...
  • Options
    dmarcus48dmarcus48 Member Posts: 139
    Hey guys, anyone out there who's tall? I'm 6'5", and I've been told that the headroom on the coupe is tight.
  • Options
    mosdeftmosdeft Member Posts: 8
    Hey all,

Been browsing the forum, and it's nice to see knowledgable owners share their experiences. I've been "lusting" for a G35 ever since it came out, but since I'm a big noob, I can't drive stick yet. Considering buying the car finally, but I have two quick questions. I read the other G35 board, and I don't know if this is accurate, but I assume a stock 5AT G35 does 0-60 in 6.8 sec? Are these times the same for a sedan style? I envy alot of you guys hehe, thanks in advance!
  • Options
    colonel35colonel35 Member Posts: 108
    I'm just around 6 ft, and right before I get my haircuts, I brush up against the roof of my coupe, so I could see 6'5" being a problem. However, without the sunroof (not sure if that's even possible on the coupe), and depending on the way you adjust the chair (height, angle), you may be OK. Best bet is to just go for a test drive and see for yourself.
  • Options
    I think I've seen times listed in the low 6's for the AT, but then again, that's usually be enthusiast car mags, which brake-throttle to achieve maximum acceleration times. You similarly have to abuse the clutch some to achieve 5.6 second times on the manual, but it's possible.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply colonel, but the times should be about the same for the coupe and sedan? I thought I had read that somewhere. I assume these times were for the RWD model...
  • Options
    Well the 05 Coupe and Sedan have the same engine and power so I guess its up to the enthusiast to really floor it to achieve really good times. And yeah, they had to have been for RWD. Still, about 2K in upgrades will drop times by .5 seconds or more. Gettin this car under 5 shouldn't be too hard. (So you could be racing 911's! haha) That's what Id wanna do!!
  • Options
    I ordered my g35 coupe in march and still waiting takes three months (Very hard to wait this long I think when the car arrives it will be my second marrage) . It is black ext. with stone int. 6m/t without the premium package (bose sunroof dual climate remote mirror and power tilt) Dont feel like I am missing much without the sunroof plus I don't care for the Bose (plan on adding my own amp and after market speakers). The remote mirror can be added for $200.00 if needed. As far as the dual climate big deal. If you are a tall person like I am 6'4" and can live without the sunroof I would recomend not getting the Premium Package. As far as the times for the G35 coupe should be 5.8 sec not 6.8.
  • Options
    Just what is the Premium Package, and how much does it cost?
  • Options
    Ed, oh I know the stick has been reported at 5.8 sec, but I'm looking at an AT. I think the only site I found, Pricegrabber, listed an AT at 6.8 so I wanted to see what some others had heard. I tried learning a stick today, and I don't know if its for me lol
  • Options
    Oh man mosdeft! you have to learn stick, its so fun to drive. Believe me, it doesnt seem like it when you first start but once you're used to it (and stop stalling outta first! haha) it makes driving so much better. If you want a this Coupe, you're getting a fast car, you might as well get it how it should be driven. (learn stick and then drive the 6MT, you'll know what I mean!) AT is cool with the manu/auto matic mode it has but believe me, its only for your wife or someone who simply doesn't care.
  • Options
    I have to agree with you Jay on the stick. The very first car that I learned to drive was a stick(pontiac sunbird 4banger). At first it was hard to get use too, however I have driven automatics over the years and there is no comparison. In my opinion if you really want to have fun with this sports car a stick is the only way to go. It has nothing to do with the 298 horses since the torque has ben lowered, but its the driving experience.
  • Options
    Mosdeft, I am not sure where you are getting these numbers but the AT should be faster off the line since it has more torque and less weight than the M/T (10lbs more torque). The manual has more horsepower in the higher rev range. Both cars should be close (around 5.8 seconds 0 - 60 if broken in right) but I would not think of buying this car unless it had M/T because sticks offer more control of the power form the engine than automatics. You choose which is best for you, but I would give it a little more practice with the stick. Either way you cant loose with either choice, this car is awesome.
  • Options
    Could anyone please tell me what 2k upgrade should i make to drop the times by .5 seconds. I really want to drop times by .5 seconds because i don't like the acceleration, even though it has 298HP. I wish it would be 5 or 5.2!
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Im waiting for e_r_i_c to come by again. (Look at previous post, he added a new intake, exhaust, n i dunno what else. His times are near that, we can drill him with questions when he does!
    Other than that, don't you guys hate how the 298hp came with a torque loss!? I mean, if some of you don't notice the difference in power from the older engine then why did Infiniti tune it to bust out more HP? MARKETING moves sucks, (but i did draw me in, haha) wish they would have taken a good amount of weight off or Torque AND hp, u know? Anyway, this is the car im prefering right now. Anyone here from SoCal? I wanna know what dealers are good cuz Ive been to 2 and they don't take me too seriously. I know exactly what I want, jus crossing my fingers cuz I need a good deal!
  • Options
    check this out, i jus bought an 05 6MT today. Black on black, no options other than factory installed aero wing and body mouldings (or somethin like it) I needed a base price car since I didnt have too much to spend. Still the dealership was willing to negotiate (thats why i got it) AND IT JUS HASNT SUNK IN! haha, the car is off the chain man! You're gonna want the coupe, believe me. its really nice, ill give you more details LAter i got hw right now, haha

and yeah, the accel. is NICE, jus havent broken the car in so im not really flooring it (its so tempting tho!!!)
  • Options
    Jayelle,

Congrats bro! I envy your ... status :) I've begun the process by getting some quotes. It's amazing how 2 of the dealers were amazed at my price of $28,835 initially for the base sedan. "Wow, you got that and you didn't buy it?" I can't tell if they're trying to say I'm lying about the price (which I'm not) or trying to dissuade me from believing its real so they can offer me at MSRP. Me and you are probably in the same boat! I don't really care about the extra features, just want a base model. Jay, do you mind sharing your selling price & out the door price? I still love the coupe, but I have to see if it's worth the extra....
  • Options
    Yes, you can envy me, haha Ive worked hard enough for it. And that 29K (almost) price sounds good, I have a friend whose dad negotiated that price. If the dealers dont take you seriously (and you're not desperate for a car) then jus move on to the next dealer. I had to get my car at a dealer like 35 mins from where I live (to find just the right one and to negotiate)
    And yeah, the extra features, if you got money to burn, get em! You really really dont need them, the cars got good stock options (heated seats on the Coupe, power seats which BMW doesnt give you, climate controls are fine w/o dual zones, 6 disc CD changer, tho the system needs more bass.) So yeah, its jus a pain negotiating (at least with the Coupe it was) cuz dealers give you a whole scenario where they DONT wanna discount. But you jus need to be real serious and dont show like you NEED the car (tho its hard to resist, haha)
    As for my pricing, if you could get the Sedan at 29K, you might be able to get the Coupe down to 32 or 33K all base. I got a discount of about 1200 dollars (aero kit, side mouldings, and plain discount) and they jus WOULD NOT budge for more. Now, mine was about 33.5K (cuz they tricked me into gettin a dealer installed alarm) and MSRP was about 35K with the alarm (alarm was like 350 bucks) That said, the Coupe REMEMBER, was 6MT, so its a lil more than the auto but its worth it!! well... itll cost you like 3K more at the minimum. Least you get the sports package, lowered n bigger rims? not sure.
    Aight i wrote a lot, i think the coupe is worth the extra, it was a hard choice but i couldnt pass it up. ill show u pics of the car when i get em!! Its very sexy, haha
  • Options
    wlhuangwlhuang Member Posts: 4
    I'll throw in my $.02 here. :) Go find someone who works for Nissan or Infiniti so they can get you the VPP pricing (reduced price for friends and family).

I just got a 2005 6mt coupe. Sticker was $37k. It has the premium package, spoiler, mud flaps, mats, etc. Price I paid was $34k (pre-tax, etc.) w/ 3.49% over 60 months. This is great considering that dealers will not budge on the coupes...they sell themselves. If you can get $1000 off MSRP on a base coupe w/o VPP, that'd be REALLY good. I'm guessing it'll be hard to do that though since a) option-less coupes are hard to find and b) dealers tend to be willing to negotiate more if there are more options on the car.

Good luck!
  • Options
    hi. I just want to hear your opinion about the price of coupe. there is a car with the following options. 6MT, AERO package, Aerodynamic body kit, Navigation, premium package. The list price on the car is 39,200. For how much do you think i can get the car? Which price would be the best deal? tell me your opinion. thank you!

and also i would like to tell you that the insurance for this car is expensive. $3,500. I am 20. What about you guys, how much do you pay?
  • Options
    Unfortunately for me, I don't know anyone who could have given me VPP pricing... Now I see you got about 3K in discounts which is more than double the discounts I got (I got just about 1200 exactly) The price you got is MORE THAN GREAT man, and then your 3.49!! I got 6.7 percent over 36 months (Maybe you have really good credit but my dad was about 35 points below the top catergory) What I HATE is the sales manager said he'd get us a better rate but I should have known he was BSing, i was in getting weary already! Now I got a lil more than 1K of MSRP (230 bucks more and they would NOT give ANY MORE! haha) And youre right, its harder since the Coupe was almost completely BASE, it jus had some external options, plus the color combination was Black on Black, 6MT! I knew it wasn't gonna be easy to find (prollie impossible so id have to order it) so thats why I kinda gave in. Don't yall think thats a pretty good deal??
    So I got SOME discount and im very happy with my car. Now as for how I'll pay for it, THATS another story. I forgot about gas money, (how high insurance can be) etc, but thats the price for this amazing vehicle. I jus like that my hard work has and will continue to pay off!!
  • Options
    I am planning to pay for it 36,000. no more than 36K.
    I'll probably make an offer. But the only thing i am worried about is the acceleration. when i test drove that car i expected faster acceleration. If it is really 5.5 seconds then i would get it. I think that above 5.5 is not good enough for the money you pay (36 K).
  • Options
    The car sounds about FULLY loaded, ive seen them as high as like 41 or 42. I think you'll be able to get it for at least (if youre a good negotiator) 1.5K less but not a lot less. It really depends on the dealership, your credit, and how much they've been selling LAtely. As for you, you jus gotta be serious with them cuz they'll give you stories about how the coupes are so hott (its true but they wanna persuade you into paying MSRP!!) and sell themselves. Well jus tell them you'll buy if they deal, if not, you're leaving. Once you say that, the sales managers start sweating and gettin a lil shaky!! haha GOOD LUCK MAN

as for insurance, WHOA, is that anually or what?? Most ppl my age for 'lesser' cars (fords, hondas, etc) pay like 200 to 250 a month, so i know the Coupe would be more but that much more?? I will have it under my dads name and expect to pay no more than 160 a month. If i had it under my own name then YEAH, it would prollie be about 300 or more a month!
  • Options
    Who knows, you might be able to get it for 36K. If you will pay no more, just tell the dealer, they'll know they'll be losing a sale. AND YES, acceleration doesnt seem that fast. But the cars 0-60 is between 5.5-57 sec (since I have seen no official data) so about 5.6. NOW remember, these times are acheived by professionals, meaning they do run after run till they get the best times. AND the car MUST BE BROKEN in. Like a race car, you will get better peformance after some use of the car than with a brand new engine, etc. Im not expert but i know thats a factor. ALSO, how is your shifting?? Unless you're really good, you wont get fast acceleration. And remember, the Torque has been decreased by 10 ft lbs so you wont feel the extra HP till you rev farther! Ive noticed that already. It wont feel so quick right off but the cars power kicks in in like 2nd gear and higher revs, THATS how it achieves good 0-60 times. If you dont think what i say is a good explanation and no matter how good you are you wont get better than 5.5, get a porsche 911. It does it in like 4.9 sec or so haha. But believe me, drive the car more and youll feel the power.
  • Options
    yes, you arte right. the car kicks power at 2nd. My shifting is perfect i think. I've been driving since 14 and my first car was a stick. so, i think it does't seem 5.5 because the car is new. the engine must be used for a while. i think 2 or 3k miles will be enough. But as you said last time, someone has made some 2k modifications and the car is much more faster. So, if the car is still not as fast as needed then it is possible to make a modification and achieve the desired results. we'll see. first i have to decide whether to buy or not.
  • Options
    Haha well I jus know this cars got power thats waiting to be unleashed. Thats why its what it is, its not some 20K Civic Si or somethin you know but IT IS japanese so the engine mods shouldn't be expensive or hard to do. The guy who was on herre said he primarily added a new air intake. Im guessing that alone will shave like .2-.3 seconds off the 5.5/5.6 time. Im not sure what else he added since he hasnt been back. However, my life will start revolving around this car haha so ill let you know exactly whats needed. FIRST THO i gotta get basics, like window tint, car maintenance things like waxes, cleaners, car cover, etc. and the engine would be what id do EVENTUALLY... Once I break the car in ill KNOW ill be able to note the difference. Right now im jus getting a feel for the car and believe me i love it. What else are planning to get if not the Coupe!?? I couldnt resist it, and I know its a lot of $$, i think of that too. But im really starting to love this car. I dont think you should get the premim package at least, its not worth it, it comes with enough standard. The Bose system the package includes isnt stellar so youd wanna modify that anyway. thats what imma do SOON. Anyway, keep in touch man, n make the best choice for you, jus dont regret it! haha
  • Options
    you dont need wax because the cars paint is still fresh and you also dont need a cover if you have a closed parking space. I am looking for a closed parking space. there is one next to my apartment. if it is available then i 'll probab,y by the car. otherwise i don't want to buy it and leave it in the street.

you are right about bose system. it sucks. I am planning to install a professional sound system if i buy a car. Two focal speakers and 2 jl audio subwoofers. the only thing i like about premium package is the sunrooof and telescoping steering wheel. believe me, if the i get the car for 36,000$ i think it will be worth it because it has premium pkg, navigation, aero package, aerodynamic body kit.
  • Options
    do you think the coupe is as fast as Nissan 350Z???
  • Options
    wlhuangwlhuang Member Posts: 4
    Yeah, I guess I didn't realize how great of a deal I was able to get. Lucky.
    My brother is going to buy a G35X in a few weeks using the VPP deal as well. He's getting $3k under MSRP as well...with 2.9% over 60!!! I'll have to be sure to get my friend at Nissan some pretty good Christmas gifts this year!
    As for credit scores, we're both tier 1.
    As for insurance, I'm 29, single, and carry full coverage w/ $500 deductibles for $110/month. That's through esurance.com though, so take it for what it's worth! haha.

The $1200 off MSRP for a base coupe is really a good deal. Perhaps they gave you the good selling price in exchange for a high APR. Next time try telling them you're gonna shop for rates through a credit union. The original rate they offered me was 4.9%. I had to negotiate it down to 3.49%.

As fot the other user looking at tht $39k coupe....Shoot for $1800-$2k off and that'll be good. As for the 0-60 speed. Remember any published time is based off of perfect track conditions and super sticky tires. Realistically, in normal driving conditions, I think 0-60 in 6.2 is more realistic. Also, wrt to 2nd gear, I think the manual said that peak power is achieved once you hit 3800 RPM. So maybe take it up to 4k RPM in 1st before dropping the hammer! :)

Have fun!!!!
  • Options
    Yeah i dont need wax yet (tho the dealer tried 2 sell me some special wax coating, wayyy to much) and ill need a cover since I dont have a close parking space.
    And yeah, you gotta upgrade the sound system, (sounds like youd install a real nice system too) thats the first thing imma do (after window tint! haha) And yeah the premium package give you the sunroof *its like 1K by itself) but you dont really need the telescopic wheel (its on my dads 05 maxima and i rarely use it) plus the manual controls that come standard give you a good amount of movement (since the entire console parts move altogether) And yeah, for 36K youd be getting a very good deal, good luck on your negotiating. Keep coming around, this will be like a community, not jus a forum!
  • Options
    Yeah you really did get an awesome deal, haha. 2.9 man I envy you guys!! And you better get him somethin REAL nice, haha.
    As for insurance, thats a real good amount, I hope I can get something near that (tho i prollie wouldnt get fully coverage IF i want money to add things to the car!)
    You're credit scores are at the top, i co signed wit my dad and his were a lil below Tier 1. See, the sales manager BSed us sayin he'd get us a better rate. The 1200 off MSRP was jus our hard negotiating skills! He sold us with "ill try and get you the lower rate" sure... but im happy the difference isn't too much and i hope to pay it off early to save on financing! But i still got a Nice deal, n a Nicer car...
    As for acceleration (I dunno about the 350Z, isnt it lighter with almost the same HP? For a 2 seater, id say itd have to a be a lil faster but ill RACE ONE and tell you who WON, haha) yeah getting real good times means near perfect conditions. But ill get good times, i jus gotta be careful!
    seeyahround fellas_
  • Options
    does your coupe have an alarm system? sedans come with intelligent key. but coupes do not. Do i have to instal an alarm or does it already include one? if the thief opens the door some way, will the alarm sound?
  • Options
    ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    Folks, this Forum is for the discussion of the attributes, features, etc. of the Infiniti G35 Coupe. You can compare your buying experiences with other members in Infiniti G35: Prices Paid and Buying Experiences Forum.

ClaireS

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

• Options
    Yeah we got off-topic. Lets talk about features! Like the standard alarm, its called what, a Passive Alarm? It stinks, I have an "Active Alarm" on therre but don't know what the real difference is. Other than that and the standard sound system, I can't complain about the car! It really needs more volume range, its not loud enough! haha Did you guys notice that when you turn it up the bass is stays about the same or 'sounds' reduced, as in the higher the volume, the less bass you hear and not much more treble...
  • Options
    I guess everyone's out therre driving they coupes!
  • Options
    gman11gman11 Member Posts: 1
    I just got a G35 coupe yesterday. its 2004 with 9500 miles... it was for $29000. it came with the premium package and aero package. and tinted window and 18'" wheels. my apr is about 7.7 which is a little high. but im not complaining yet. i got mine from the jersey ramsey. i got the car upto 110mph. which is very Sweet!! guys let me know if i got a good deal on it and is there a way to get the percentage to drop down. ohh yeah and im paying 1500 a year for the insurance which is in delware.. well time for another test run.
  • Options
    scantyscanty Member Posts: 164
    for spy pics of the future GT-R.
  • Options
    groundeffectgroundeffect Member Posts: 1
    has anyone heard if there is an all wheel drive coupe on the way, G35x Coupe?
  • Options
    havent heard of it, i doubt it, when i bought mine the dealer had us sign an agreement stating we wouldnt take it on snow. Unless they develop a traction control system that will effectively work on that type of surface, i definitely doubt it. U should jus move to SoCal, haha, n grip the tight curves over herre!
  • Options
    The dealer had you sign an agreement?! That sounds mighty odd. Why would they even care?

The traction and stability control systems on the G35 operate in all conditions, snow and ice included. On the coupe in particular, it's not these systems that are lacking, but the available traction with the road--via the tires--that challenges them. Hence, the best way to tame winter is by investing in winter/ice tires and swapping them during the winter months.