Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

99-00 SILVERADO - ORDER TO DELIVERY

Comments

• Options
    rshornsbyrshornsby Member Posts: 200
    Which is bad for me sometimes, but since I can't get an order #, in turn can't get a TPW..Hawaii is looking pretty good to me right now. It is snowing like crazy here, and my wife doesn't go very much when it snows.

So now it is up to cancelling an order that I apparently can't get for awhile, and going to Hawaii again, or sitting tight and having another coke and brandy, maybe more than one. Helps end the frustration. hic''hic''hic.......!

Roger
  • Options
    denn777denn777 Member Posts: 52
    My dealer said it is an owner loyality rebate and all I have to do is to bring in the title for a GM product that shows I currently own one.
  • Options
    number1number1 Member Posts: 71
    That is correct, however, anyone who does not currently own a GM needs to follow directive in 221
  • Options
    afs93afs93 Member Posts: 30
    The LT is the only model to order, period! I don't know why you don't want the heated mirrors & rear defroster? Don't you live in the snow belt?

I think that ordering a sliding rear window in an extented cab is stupid. What is the point?

Well that's only my opinion,
    AFS
  • Options
    ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    I was going to get an LT but i am decided on LS because i want cloth instead of leather. And id rather pay $27000 for a truck instead of $30000. The bidding has begun 2 salesmen are duking it out now the truck prices is the same. i want spray in one guy $399 other guy $525. Ad fee one guy none other guy 1% truck price ($320) doc fee one guy $0 other guy $46.88 and lastly i want good year all terrains put on one guy will do it but i pay difference other guy i have to have it done myself. The one guy i mentioned is the dealership about 3 hrs from me the other guy is about 15 min whoch sounds better? I think i will save about $500 going 3 hrs away. Oh well im in for nonstop phone calls now.

Ryan
  • Options
    We get snow here had some yesterday. I live by chicago so most is lake feect snow but the last 3 yrs we have had blizzards and everything pretty much shut down for 3 days no power or cable and it was the first time i had to call off work since i have started working about 2 yrs ago. Why did u ask about snow? Rear defogger and heated mirrors to keep ice off? Trust me i have an S-10 now never had a problem with that.

Ryan
  • Options
    I wanted the slider so that we coud put on a camper shell and open it for the dogs on long trips. This would also provide some cooling from the AC. This is desired in the desert where I live....i.e. Phoenix
  • Options
    If you plan on getting a cap thats the exception on getting the sliding window. If i planned on getting a cap i would get a sliding window. Spray in bed liner is good for me ill use the back seat to haul.

Ryan
  • Options
    werkingwerking Member Posts: 431
    drive the 3 hours and save the $500. the 3 hour return drive will help you break that bad boy in...i'm still considering driving to louisville, ky from columbia, sc to get mine from greg stancill. it'll save me $350 and i should break it in pretty well on the return trip. negative impact is that i'd prob'ly have to burn a couple days of vacation and i just drove round trip (1400 miles) to new jersey last weekend. really don't feel like duplicating that...but knowing that half the drive will be in my new truck may sway me.

kyle
  • Options
    to go that far away my uncle lives in fort wayne about 45 min away we can stop off and visit him for the weekend. My parents i dont think are so keen on going there but when i told em its $500 cheaper they aew swaying towards them. Only bad thing is i cant get anything free (cd changer mud flaps) out of him cause i am buying it with the supplier deal he told me if i wasnt he would have thrown in the bedliner and tires for free. Anyone out there get anything for free. He told me he will give me a sticker. Dont get me wrong im not trying to get something its more of a joke with the guy i tell him ill go somewhere else if i cant get something he knows i am joking i am curious if anyone got anything thrown in. Thanks

Ryan
  • Options
    rayt2rayt2 Member Posts: 1,208
    My original order was for a 2500 ext. cab base truck with the ten options I wanted ie; appearence pkg, trl. pkg, camp mirrors, locker, 3.73, am/fm cassette, cruise, a/c, high cap. air cleaner & rear slider (cap going in place so our sled dogs can talk to us). I wanted the tire upgrade to All Terrain but like I said I had to purchase susp. pkg. to get it, stupid idea on GM's part again.
    When the order was typed into VOMS computer it got rejected due to limited availability on BASE truck line (all my options were available), but accepted w/LS pkg. I really didn't want the power windows, door locks, carpeting or heated mirrors, so we deleted what we could for credit & I am getting the LS at invoice, plus I'll now go for this $500 customer loyalty coupon & save some more or go for the maintenace pkg. with it.

See what happens when you ask a question of Ray, Ray Ramble's on, long live Led Zeppelin !!!!!

Actually it's theraputic! Thanks I feel better.LOL

Ray T.
  • Options
    TALKIN RAY! Let it out if it helps keep doing it. Were u only going to get the base truck because it was cheaper? Come on nowadays power locks and windows are a must. Might as well go with the LS i mean not to upscale but not to cheap at least u were gonna get the appearance pkg that plastic is ugly. Only base trks around here are business trucks.

Ryan
  • Options
    The base met my needs w/desired options. NEVER liked power ANYTHING, the door locks always fail when your outside the truck or the windows always fail in the down position during a storm. LOL

So now w/LS model I get a CD player which I couldn't have ordered UNLESS I ordered power seat option (didn't want) & upper/lower consoles (comes w/bucket seat option) which weren't available w/base. I did have a $$$ limit to work within, as it was I went over by $1000 from original budget (more overtime at work will cover this), but since I'll have this truck for at least 12 years what the hay !!

Ray T.
  • Options
    Hey gotta spend some. Mine is gonna be hmmm around $29000 after taxes then add a few things $31000 plus maybe a boat after that. Id say i went over my budget but i didnt have one i knew what i want. Dads trying to talk me into buying a small car hahaha thatll be the day. Hes telling me to save my money now what do u think i am saving my money for??? oh well 2 months before i order and as of now i am about 8 grand away i dont think thats all that bad. Frugal is good but hey you gotta treat yourself to the money you earn. Power windows and locks have never NEVER! failed me. 87 blazer still going strong never had a problem with anything power 92 S-10 no power :( it sucks no casstte or cd either just radio this is a plain truck looks great but nothing extra.

Ryan
  • Options
    child of mine thru college in two more years too! w/the average tuition for SUNY colleges @ $15,000 a year I gotta be frugal w/the truck order!Right!
    and that's assuming we stay within New York for college choices!

Ray T.
  • Options
    parents just bought a brand new 2000 blazer $32000 so i think you might be able to manage with a few accessories like power.

Ryan
  • Options
    commended for supporting your kids thru college. I had to work week-ends all the way thru college my self. But it didn't hurt me I guess. I have a BSEE degree, and waiting just isn't one of my virtues if you know what I mean...Never have had to wait for so long before. Anyway I hope you get your pickup one of these days.

Roger
  • Options
    al2al2 Member Posts: 73
    Ryan, somebody has to tell you that air is free, water is free, but there is nothing free about a truck, especially at a dealership. Tip #2 -- get it in writing. Tip #3 -- Their job is to squeeze every last red cent out of you; your job is to thwart them. Good luck!
  • Options
    Hes giving me free tank of gas it was a joke AFS i told him thats who i will decide to go with who gives me better free things. HE really was if it wasnt a supplier deal gonna throw in the bedliner but they cant it against policy. Its alright i am saving money thats all i care about.

Ryan
  • Options
    durango508durango508 Member Posts: 37
    Are you at Purdue Cal? My bro-in-law/friend and his brother both went there. I've heard you mention Purdue and assumed Lafayette. Originally from Lansing, IL. Folks still there. Went to University of Illinois myself. BSAAE Living in Alabama now. Don't miss the snow, we had enough when I was up at Christmas.

Good luck with the truck!
  • Options
    SAP/SHK (Seat of Pants/School of Hard Knocks)never had the inclination to go to college, but did take two years of trade school in Carpentry field. But as I've learned in my 25 years of working for N.Y. State, there is the right way, the wrong way & the State way & if you don't like their way leave, try & change it & pay the price.
    Lucky for me I work for Office of Mental Health so I can go nuts & nobody would know the difference. LOL

Now back to subject matter, Roger, what's the latest from Greg on order # (if negative answer) WHY??

Now that I've got my TPW I'm appeased for now, but come that first week of February I'll be back on the phone.

Ray T.
  • Options
    bwentzbwentz Member Posts: 5
    Called my dealer today and he said the 500 rebate can only be transfered to someone living in the same house. Did anybody hear something different?
  • Options
    Yes it is purdue calumet in hammond i live about 3 mins away great school

Ryan
  • Options
    Your dealer is wrong. See my post on 221. If you don't own a GM but know someone that does they can call the number on my post and have the coupon sent directly to you.

I only charge 10% of the coupon price for the info ;-[ )

If you do own a GM just bring in the title and they should honor the $500 rebate.
  • Options
    dropperdropper Member Posts: 47
    Maybe I am missing something, but this line appeared to be for employees ONLY.
  • Options
    afs11afs11 Member Posts: 86
    Ryan,

The Silverado extented cab is much larger then the S-10. I don't know what type of weather you have in Chicago, but here in the west coast (with our very damp weather) the defroster & heated mirrors are nice to have.

AFS
  • Options
    All you need i will survive. I am cutting all kinds of stuff found out last night after taxes and bedliner it will cost me $30100. DAMN! SO i might cut power seats and i might be able to sneak in a 3 door order and save a few hundred bucks im not into the 4 door craze. Thats really all i can part with itll bring it back into the 20000's though and out of the 30000's

Ryan
  • Options
    Why don't you buy the base model with no options? You can really save some money then!

AFS
  • Options
    lee69lee69 Member Posts: 5
    Phoned the dealership to get my deposit back. I went to a smaller dealership in the same approx. area, they took my deposit and were able to order it. For just about the same price 2000 LS 8ft.bed all power, added deep tinted windows, alum. cast wheels,automatic, charcoal grey,23,600. No order# yet they said it should be this week. They said they didn't use up all there allocations. I still think the other dealership just said that they weren't making them anymore, and didn't want to tell people that they used up all there allocations. From what I've been hearing big dealerships use theres up alot faster then the smaller ones do. Thanks for all of your feedback. Lee69
  • Options
    That was stupid sorry. Base model huh? I want options but unnecessary ones i can live without you know. Just not getting 4 door and power seats will save about a grand. Thats good enough for me.
  • Options
    My coupon arrived today, two days after my father-in-law called (see post 221). I don't own a GM (until my Silverado arrives next week, that is). So I am living proof that a GM owner can call in and get the coupon sent to a non-GM owner.

The coupon, they sent, is in my name and the dealership I ordered the truck from said they would honor it.
  • Options
    Hark! what was that I hear from your lips ? to M$U$C$H $. Now what was that you were telling me last week, something about the base truck to lame.go for it LOL
    Like I tried for originally, get the base & add what YOU want not what comes w/package. I admit I had to concede or end up w/no truck at all when base model was rejected in VOMS but of course the LS went thru.I smell something fishy !
    But it's getting closer all the time now.
    To me I'll beleive it when I see it !

Ray T.
  • Options
    I never said it was "lame". I just said it seems the base (No options) is more a work truck type

Ryan
  • Options
    watch it. Remember what the subject is!

Have a nice day :)!

Roger
  • Options
    music to my ears. greg stancill called today to let me know that my truck arrived at the dealership today. order to delivery: 24 nov. to 21 jan; (dealer prep and waiting on the state of south carolina will have it delivered friday or saturday); 58 days. time from 4 door production beginning to delivery: 33 days. i'll keep everyone posted on how the four doors work out...
    kyle
  • Options
    that someone is getting something. I ordered a 2500 3dr on ll/12/99 and I don't have an order# yet. Looks like I won't get one either. I can't wait until April or May, or I should say I won't wait that long. I will cancel by Feb.l, if it comes to that. Almost talked myself into keeping my Ford and saving myself $30k+.

LOL with your truck,

Roger
  • Options
    2000ryan2000ryan Member Posts: 47
    Great to hear you got your truck. I just recently tuned into this forum, What are the specs on your truck? 1500 or 2500? Good luck to you! and please wish all of us that are waiting good luck too!
    RM
  • Options
    Ryan,

If you don't want the fourth door, why don't you just buy one off the dealers lot? Why do you need to order one???

I'm sure that the dealers will be quite happy to deal on a truck, especially a three door (you know a dime a dozen!).

Like Ray stated to you in post #256, you can build up a base model. In Canada, you can order the base with the (1SB) package. It includes chrome grill, air, LS Seats, etc.

I hope you can find a truck on the lot & save some$$$. I'm sure that someone in Illinois will have a truck like your looking for. The Chicago area must have some large dealers with a good truck selection!

Good Luck,
    AFS.
  • Options
    Base truck NO Z71. ALl i have to say about that. I want to order because the only truck close to what i wanted was found in montana. Blue with black flares must be rare. Another reason i want to order is because i am paying $30000 (well 29700) and i would rather have not had people drive it and god knows what they did to it u know what buttons the pushed and stuff at least i know it will only have been driven by the dealership and me. I just found out yesterday they quit making the 3 door so ill have to go with 4 door no big deal but ill probably never use it.

Ryan
  • Options
    referring to post #255 - I had my brother call the 1 888 number listed in #221. They said he could get a rebate for someone else only if they are listed at his same address. It sounded like the rules for this were a bit different if he was a GM employee. Just wondering if your father-in-law is a GM employee? Any other suggestions to get the rebate?
  • Options
    GM credit card
  • Options
    Sorry, I found out that my father-in-law who is a retired Hughes employee can refer up to two people for a coupon. The only other suggestion is to go to the GM page and show interest in purchasing a vehicle in the next month. Some have recieved coupons this way, but I am not sure if the time has run out for this option.
  • Options
    If anyone is planning on buying before Feb 29 and would like a $500 off coupon email me at RyanBab28@aol.com with your name and address and i can mail it to you. On the coupon thingy you can transfer it to someone. Please only people who are seriously going to buy a gm vehicle email me. I would rather it not be wasted.

Ryan
  • Options
    Ryan,

You stated in one of your posts that GM is not making the 3 door anymore? Are you sure about this? How does that affect someone with a four door on order (example: the E24 fourth door option)? Is the price of the E24 option going to be added to the base price? How did you find out this information?

Thanks,
    AFS
  • Options
    i can't recall where, but i've read that before also. yes, as of now - supposedly - gm is no longer making the three door silverado. four doors will be standard on all extended cabs (with perhaps, i'm not sure, the exception being the base model, which may have no ext cab doors). and yes, the whopping $250 or whatever cost of the fourth door will be added to the base price of the vehicle. hope this helps...

kyle
  • Options
    I heard monday and seen on a dealers computer where u make the selections no more 3 doors being sold. THe 4 door is still like an option thing but it will be added to the MSRP $300 i think. ALl 4 doors from here on.

Ryan
  • Options
    2000ryan2000ryan Member Posts: 47
    Just wondering if anyone is getting any TPW's this week yet? My 2500 2wd had been on order almost a month now and no news yet. i know i need to be patient.
    Ryan M
  • Options
    Any GM employees or retirees out there? If so, you can get two coupons for $500 off if used before feb 29. You can also transfer these coupons to anybody. Sooo - I'd appreciate any generous gm employee who would like to send me one of their coupons. email: bwentz@prodigy.net
  • Options
    SORRY guys but i already have given out my coupon. Its going in the mail tomorrow to a guy named Bruce.
  • Options
    Sorry to post again, but I forgot to mention that my truck is a 2000 Silverado LT 1500 X/C (4-dr) 4WD.
This discussion has been closed.