Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    slappybrownslappybrown Member Posts: 9
    Congrats theshawn, sounds like everything went great. If yuou dont mind my asking what was your final OTD, and what is your tax rate in your state.
  • Options
    whitebreadwhitebread Member Posts: 2
    Yes, they did. We hadn't even negotiated on the splash guards or the cargo net. He just threw them in. I did have to pay for wheel locks though.
  • Options
    crkline2crkline2 Member Posts: 20
    I am rescinding my whole-hearted recommendation of SBAG, as they have been playing games with me. Here is the lowdown: I purchased the G35 Journey with Premium, Navigation, and cargo net. Color was Platinum Graphite and interior was Washi with Graphite Leather. Pricing was $35,415 + tax and license.

It had to be ordered, but then began the games. They said that when they went to place the order, Infiniti would not sell my model with Nav without the performance tire package, a $400 option. But the dealer said there just happened to be the same exact model on the boat that could be in Santa Barbara in about two weeks. So since the order would take two months and I would have to have the performance tires, why not go with the one on the boat?

Smelling a fish, I called Infiniti Corp, and they said no, you did not have to buy the the performance tire package to get a G35 Journey with Nav.

Sooo, I called the dealership back and lo and behold, they now said that they were sorry about the misunderstanding. Yes they knew that they could order the G35 Journey with Nav and with performance tires, it would just take two to three months to get it in, and they did not think I wanted to wait that long. Hence why they offered me the one on the boat.

I abhor sales maneuvers like this. The dealer should have given me the two choices of waiting or buying a slightly more expensive car. Instead they reinforced the poor reputation of car dealers.

I went with the one coming in two weeks, but after talking with them, they are paying for the tires, not me.

Cliff
  • Options
    phairphairphairphair Member Posts: 39
    Splash guards, cargo net and wheel locks were included with the car at no cost when I bought mine. I asked my sales person why they were line items at other dealers and he said they were included with all cars shipped anyway, so the general manager of the dealership instructed them to include them as standard items. He said otherwise they'd have to remove them if a customer didn't want to pay. The cargo net and wheel locks are worth about $5 together anyway.
  • Options
    prosource1prosource1 Member Posts: 234
    I am buying a G35x here in Northeastern Pennsylvania. The vehicle I want is in stock at $36,900. What is the ballpark price I am looking for? Help and thanks!!!
  • Options
    dsr3dsr3 Member Posts: 2
    I had 3 dealers offer me "invoice +$750" on cars in stock. I would offer invoice +$500 and stick to it. I ended-up getting a low trade-in by a couple thousand, but got my car under the invoice price (see prev. post), so there's room there! Good luck! I've had my G35s for 2 weeks and love it.
  • Options
    mnrep2mnrep2 Member Posts: 200
    If you really want an answwer, you need to provide the exact level of trim on the G35x you are interested in. Eg. what trim level, Journey, etc. etc. ;)
  • Options
    theshawntheshawn Member Posts: 30
    g35xbslater, Glad to hear...that's what this forum is all about, sharing both good and bad buying experiences as well as prices paid.
  • Options
    slappybrown, VA tax rate is 3%...my OTD price came to $37,998.34.

dealer processing fee - $98
    license - $31.50
    title - $10
    tax - $1104.84
    tire tax - $4

Nice thing about DC metro is VA residents have the choice to buy in MD, where the processing/doc fee is typically under $100, versus many VA dealers charging $199, $299, or even $399.
  • Options
    asingh80asingh80 Member Posts: 32
    if one purchases a vehicle out of state does he still pay the difference in tax rate if the sales tax in the other state was lower? what about the TTL costs involved?

please can anyone comment.

I live in NJ and was looking to purchase from PA or connecticut....what extra costs will i incur?

TIA
  • Options
    gnl3gnl3 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I was hoping for some feedback on an offer i was made.

07 G35x, Nav and Tech Packages

2542.22 down
    39 monhts, 12000 miles lease
    purchase option price 23164
    monthly payment 500.35

thanks in advance for any input!
  • Options
    The sales tax must be based on where the car is registered, and the car must be registered to your home address. The only way to escape the higher sales tax is to register the car to an address in the locale with the lower taxes.
  • Options
    This is the standard deal you'll get from Infiniti. It only makes sense if you plan to lease forever and you know you won't go over 12k miles per year. You own nothing at the end of the lease and have no trade in value. If you buy the car at the end of the term, you will have paid over $45,000 for a car over 3 years old. Not to mention you'll probably have to finance the purchase price and will pay a considerable amount of interest on that. The lease only makes sence if your primary goal is low monthly payments. If you buy you will have double (or more) the monthly payment but own the car and can trade it in whenever you want.
  • Options
    asingh80asingh80 Member Posts: 32
    thanks phairphair

so why is it that the dealers in NYC are asking me a sales tax of almost say 8.6% while giving their OTD quotes?.....will i get the refund back from NJ tax dept. or something?...the tax in nj is 7%

what about the registration/licencing/title etc.....will there be any additional cost involved?

Thanks again
  • Options
    asingh80,
    You probably just need to make it clear to the dealers you are shopping with that you are a resident of NJ and please make the appropriate adjustments on the OTD price.
  • Options
    mrramemrrame Member Posts: 5
    I live around DC area and a dealer has a 06 G35 with 120miles.
    It has Navigation System,Premium Pkg,Splash Guards,Trunk Mat W/Full Size Spare,Xm Satellite Radio. Dealer is asking $30295 and the MSRP is $38000. Can I counter offer with any other price. Is their price reasobale or Can I still lower the price.
  • Options
    mattpsumattpsu Member Posts: 4
    Hey - I've been reading these forums before finally pulling the trigger on a purchase, great info from everyone. I decided on the g35x over the 335i (cause I can get a loaded g35 or a stripped 335i). Finding the one I want in New England has been tough. here is my deal (not in stock - said about 60-90 days). 5% tax in mass.
    Liquid PLatinum g35x
    NAV, TECH, Rosewood, Premium
    $38,347.00
    $40,403.95 includes taxes and fees
    There is a deposit required - should i be afraid of that?
  • Options
    ezacharyezachary Member Posts: 1
    Thanks to everyone who has offered up there buying experiences, it's helped me decide on the 2007 G35. What someone could help me with though is their buying experience in Minneapolis, MN. We've got two Infiniti dealerships in the metro and I'd like to find out what people have paid over invoice for either the G35X or Journey and which dealership was the best to work with? Also, any thoughts regarding the Journey and if it's good enough for our snowy weather?

Thanks all!
  • Options
    doug113xdoug113x Member Posts: 6
    I’m seriously thinking of buying the 07 G35, specifically the sport 6M model loaded. This will be something new for me as I’ve only bought one other new car and that was on an employee plan which I can’t get on this car. I wanted to know what kind of deals people are getting in the Atlanta area, and how was your buying experience. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    neveroldneverold Member Posts: 4
    If you live close enough to Warwick, RI then go to Inskip Infiniti – ask for Robert. Great to deal with and they are willing to negotiate. In this area you should be able to get a discount from any dealer – if not walk away – go someplace else.

But wherever you go - go prepared. Know what model & features you want and what the sticker, dealer invoice, and dealer cost are for THAT car. TELL them your willing to pay dealer invoice on a car they have on the lot or are willing to pay a little more if they have to order it. Be willing to put a deposit down ($1000 should do) if they meet your terms.

I’m not advocating you do this with an attitude but with the confidence of someone with the knowledge of the product they are trying to buy.

Bought mine at Inskip for $500 over dealer invoice – insisted they do a port swap – would not accept a car driven from another dealer. Car came in early and I’ve been happy ever since
  • Options
    johnimotojohnimoto Member Posts: 9
    Can someone please post the numbers for this month?

Thanks!
  • Options
    alexkzalexkz Member Posts: 2
    Did you buy the car ? Can you tell me the dealership name ?
  • Options
    helmutrothhelmutroth Member Posts: 15
    I am about to buy a G35x w/ technology package. Any recommendation where to buy? What $$ above invoice should I expect?

Thanks,
    Helmut
  • Options
    simplytsimplyt Member Posts: 1
    I went to a dealership in Florida and drove the 07 G35 Journey with Premium package and wheel package. The sticker was $35,840. The lowest the dealership would go was $35,500. They keep saying that since the cars just came out they are not giving incentives or coming off the sticker at all. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get them down?
  • Options
    dynamosdynamos Member Posts: 7
    I offered a dealership in Southern Calif $35,000 for the exact same car you described and the dealer accepted my offer. By the way, I have had the car about 3 months and it is fantastic.
  • Options
    jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    The car is worth what is is worth. If a dealer feels they could get more from the next customer it does not make economic sense to sell it to you cheaper.
  • Options
    sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    The easiest way to get them down is to tell them the price you want and then walk away. If they aren't having problems selling at the price they quoted then they won't budge at all. However, as long as you can walk away, they will eventually call you back to negotiate. Do you have multiple dealers to go to...that always makes it easier to deal. It's also helpful to contact the fleet/internet managers first and start some email negotiations. I contacted ever dealership in California, and for the most part they all said they would not be able to touch the deal I wanted until probably March or April. I did find a couple who would and then it was a question of the car not being in stock. When all was said and done, I got the deal I wanted and that very next week, many of the dealers who said they couldn't touch it were suddenly willing to negotiate when the end of the month was coming around and they still had the cars on the lot. If you can wait until the end of the month that is the best time to make a deal, but you should do some negotiating prior to going there. Good luck.
  • Options
    dhiodhio Member Posts: 2
    I made a verbal deal on my '07 G35 six weeks ago and the one I want is finally on the lot. Problem is, the dealership said they needed to see my trade-in again because of the time that had passed. Suddenly the '04 Acura TSX they were offering $18,000 trade-in to make the deal for is valued, they claim, at $15,000. They claim it is 'because it is a new year' and the evaluation was done at the end of last year. I am completely stunned. Anyone else had that happen? My G35 now sits on the lot while the salesperson says she is 'trying to work something out.' Meanwhile, I am heading to another dealership, although it will require me to go somewhere else in Texas because Austin has only one Infiniti dealer. Suggestions?
  • Options
    I have very good experience selling privately. I always get more than the dealer offers. I advertise in PennySaver.
  • Options
    worthy1901worthy1901 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to buy in the Charlotte, NC area. Any one have any experiece with either of the 2 dealerships near by??
  • Options
    underparunderpar Member Posts: 6
    Just signed a deal to buy a G35X with premium and navigation here in the Chicago area. The dealers seem to be filling up with the cars - I counted 172 '07 G35 Sedans just by counting the online inventories of all the area dealers. I walked into the dealership with the best selection, asked for and got a great deal, and it took all of 5 minutes. So for those in Chicago, things seem to be opening up a bit.
  • Options
    scottm123scottm123 Member Posts: 1,501
    Just signed a deal to buy a G35X with premium and navigation here in the Chicago area. The dealers seem to be filling up with the cars - I counted 172 '07 G35 Sedans just by counting the online inventories of all the area dealers. I walked into the dealership with the best selection, asked for and got a great deal, and it took all of 5 minutes. So for those in Chicago, things seem to be opening up a bit.

Forgive me if I seemed confused, but this says nothing about your "deal", just that your dealer is fully stocked.
    :confuse:

My closet dealer is 60 miles away and they are also holding quite a few Gs.
    The problem I find is that they only have 1 or 2 with the Tech package. They claim that to be their most popular right now.
    My appointment is Feb 16.
    Don't know what to expect deal wise, but at least I'll get to see every color and option choice.
  • Options
    aheahe Member Posts: 8
    I was offered an essiantially new G35 journey with splash guards, moon roof, and cargo net for $30,000. The salesman says a buyer bought the car drove for 150 miles and needed a bigger car so traded it in.

The msrp price on the car is $33,790. Should I be wary of the condition of this car? Any input would be appreciated.

baraka28
  • Options
    gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    I would not buy it if it had been tittled. I don't think the dealer tell you the whole story...it's hard to believe that a buyer who spend 35K on a car changed his/her mine after 150 miles b/c of the size. :confuse:
  • Options
    alexkzalexkz Member Posts: 2
    The dealer quoted you lower that a "rough" rating. Average trade on that car in Texas at 40,000-45,000 miles is $18395
  • Options
    driverdoodriverdoo Member Posts: 3
    35K plus ttl and fees or 35L OTD? If it's the latter, then yeah you got a pretty good deal. But 35K plus ttl and fees comes out to around $37.9K. I purchased mine, an '07 G35 Sport Sedan 6mt with the premium package for $36K OTD, $2000 off MSRP. Oh, and I've been driving the car now for almost 2 months.
  • Options
    gtwgtw Member Posts: 46
    anyone bought one from Charles Barker? How was the deal?
  • Options
    metmdxmetmdx Member Posts: 270
    Anybody aware of Infiniti incentives on leftover 2006
    G-35 AWD models?
    TIA
  • Options
    zs266zs266 Member Posts: 2
    I am thinking of buying a G35 Sport with
    Premium Package,
    Tech package
    Nav
    The local Atlanta dealer has one for $39225. Invoice around 36500
    Any suggestion on how much I should start negociate. Anybody has bought identical one like this? What was your price. Is it still possible to get close to invoice price at this time of the year? Thanks, guys
  • Options
    The dealer will not come off of MSRP very much at all (if any) because this is still perceived as a high demand car.
  • Options
    sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    Not true...it all depends on the dealer and their inventory. If it's high demand, they might not budge as much, but you can find ones who will come down off MSRP. You probably won't get close to invoice unless it's just a base model sport (no nav, tech, etc.). But you can get a discount from MSRP. I had most dealers in California say nobody would participate in the VPP plan for a few months, but I managed to find one who did...got me a fully loaded sport with everything on it for a couple hundred over invoice. They didn't even have a huge supply of Sport/Nav models, but they gave me the one they had fresh off the truck. You just have to be patient and prepared to walk away until you find what you want.
  • Options
    poepoe1771poepoe1771 Member Posts: 14
    I live in Chicago and I'm looking for an 07 G35 can you give me the dealership of where you bought this car? I've spoke to a few sales people and they said $750 over invoice is untouchable.
  • Options
    This is true however I should have said "Most dealers will not come off of MSRP"
  • Options
    A better tactic would be best price OTD instead of using invoice as a guide.
  • Options
    The pricing must vary a lot by region. I got quotes in NJ/NY. Any 2007 G35 for invoice, as long as it did not have the tech package. $500 over invoice was the best I could get for one with the tech package. I signed the paperwork. Let's see whether it all pans out. Car is scheduled to arrive first week of March.
  • Options
    virtkingvirtking Member Posts: 25
    I described my purchase in msg #3899. I just want to add few points:

1. Start with sending e-mails to local dealers - helps to weed out those who want to get you to the dealership first.
    2. End of the month is probably better time frame for getting a better deal.
    3. As I write this we have a blizzard, so weather may affect your negotiating power depending on what model (AWD|non-AWD) and/or options you're after.
  • Options
    tga01tga01 Member Posts: 69
    I am in the NJ area looking for a G35X with Nav. Can you give the name of the dealer(s) / salesperson you dealt with who offered you the car at or around invoice ? Thanks !
  • Options
    Park Ave Motors, Englewood NJ. Make sure that you contact the Internet Director.
  • Options
    poepoe1771poepoe1771 Member Posts: 14
    Thanks for your help. When I wrote this message I had only spoke to a couple of dealerships. I spoke with Lisle and Motorwerks. Motorwerks quoted me with a better price.
    The price they quoted for a G35X with premium package was $34,300 plus TTL(MSRP $36,800). The price quoted for a G35X with a Sunroof was $33,150 plus TTL(MSRP $35,650). Do these offers sound good or can I do better?
  • Options
    weinberkweinberk Member Posts: 13
    I'm considering a G35 with Nav (includes ~9gb hard drive storage for MP3).

:confuse: Does anyone have any experience with this from a technical perspective. I'm wondering if it might be an option to upgrade the drive (after delivery) with a larger hard drive.

I'm guessing that it's a 2.5 inch hard drive, but really have no idea and can't seem to dig anything up online. I'd be interested in all of your best guesses and especially in any service manuals or first person experience with the hard drive itself and it's interaction with the display. I'm curious if the maps themselves are stored on this drive as well.

THANKS!