Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    crkline2crkline2 Member Posts: 20
    I shopped around for a better price and using Costco, a dealer in Thousand Oaks offered about $1,000 off of MSRP.

Here are the details: '07G35Sedan Auto, Journey:
    $31,900 + $2,350 ( premium pckg ) + $2,100 ( navigation system ) + $140 ( splash guards ) + $50 ( cargo net ) + $700 ( destination ) = $37,240.

Selling price $36,224 + fees = $39,205 Out the door.

So I am going back to the Santa Barbara dealer, where the sales man said $1,000 over invoice would get me the car. We will see if that was just a line or if they are serious.

Cliff
  • Options
    phairphairphairphair Member Posts: 39
    A well known gimmick. You can buy kits to do it yourself for $20 online.

The only system with a good recovery rate is Lojack.
  • Options
    phairphairphairphair Member Posts: 39
    I bought mine the week prior to Christmas for $1000 under sticker. I contacted over a dozen dealers in Chicago, Milwaukee and Michigan and no one would beat it. You may be able to get a slightly better deal now.

Loaded G35x's are the rarest and the one dealer's are least likely to deal on.

It's rare, I'm told, because they feel it cannibalizes the sales of the M35.
  • Options
    underparunderpar Member Posts: 6
    infiniti3 -

If you know of a great deal on nav/tech G35s in Illinois, I'm all ears too. I couldn't send you an e-mail because your e-mail address is listed as private. If you're willing to share the details on the deal, drop me a line as well at underpar@yahoo.com.
  • Options
    said813said813 Member Posts: 1
    Very close to buying an '03 g35 sedan for about $18000, 47k miles. I plan on having the car for a few years, worried that it might need alot of maintenance in a year or two. Anyone that owns an '03 g35 sedan that can let me know how it runs today would be a huge help to my decision. Any info. is greatly appreciated, Thanks!
  • Options
    senek8senek8 Member Posts: 2
    So Infiniti of Oakland is doing $250 over invoice on the 2007 G35 sedan. FYI for anyone looking.
  • Options
    senek8senek8 Member Posts: 2
    Just FYI for everyone out there. Infiniti of Oakland sold my Father in law a 2007 G35 sedan sport with premium package for $250 over invoice.
  • Options
    sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    Well...after many hours of research and phone calls...and emails, I finally pulled the trigger on my new car...and boy was it worth the wait. This car is soooooo much fun. It took everything in me not to open it up on the long drive home. And it is so much quieter and smoother than my 03 G35 that I had to keep checking to make sure I wasn't speeding too much! Anyway, here are the details of my deal. It ended up being more car than I initially wanted, but I decided it was worth the extra money conidering the deal I was getting.

2007 G35 Sport Auto w/ EVERYTHING. Premium, Navigation, Tech, 4 wheel steer, Spoiler, Splash guards, Net. I didn't really want/need the active steering, but it was the only way to get the Sport model at VPP pricing.

VPP pricing
    MSRP 41940.00
    Cap cost 38650.00 (includes 190.00 in dealer add ons for wheel and airbag locks...tried to get these removed, but they couldn't budge)
    Residual - 56%
    Money Factor - .00103 (reduced from .00193 by way of 9 security deposits)
    36 months
    15,000 miles per year
    $519/month (including tax)
    Cash due at signing 7150.00 (5400.00 for 9 sec. deposits, 200.00 cap reduction to cover the dealer add ons, 595 acq. fee, 315 title, 120 for tax and doc fees)

That is it...all she wrote. This is in southern california. And for the record...I did a TON of legwork on this. I spoke with every dealer in california (north and south) and had trouble finding someone to do the VPP on a sport with nav. I was about to go to a Journey instead, but they said they could do VPP on this one and I felt it was worth the extra expense. Best of luck to you all...it's a sweet ride. ;)
  • Options
    dat2dat2 Member Posts: 251
    if you don't mind the trip down to the DC area there seems to be a lot of 07s coming in now.
  • Options
    cheerioboy26cheerioboy26 Member Posts: 412
    My G35 sedan has 72K miles (original owner since June 2002). Assuming the first year issues were taken care of (check with a dealer) then you should be fine. I've only been doing normal maintenance on my car after a few glitches at the start. However, this car eats through brake pads so be prepared for higher than normal expenses there. I'm almost through my 3rd set.
  • Options
    What dealer in SoCal did you go with? I am in Santa Barbara and looking to buy a G35 Journey.
  • Options
    I went to Cerritos Infiniti...made initial contact thru the edmunds car quote thingy. If you have VPP they should do it...there was another guy buying a new coupe last night on VPP as well. They just don't have any sports with nav...at least not anymore ;) They do have a couple of Journeys though w/ nav.
  • Options
    Unfortunately I can't use VPP, as I am not a Nissan employee or family.

But it is good to hear they have some cars with Nav, as I am looking for a G35 Journey with prem and nav.

Thanks.
  • Options
    I know for a fact that they have a Journey w/ Premium and Nav in Platinum Graphite on Graphite. They also have two Journey's with Premium, Nav, and Tech in Platinum Graphite (one with graphite interior, one with stone)
  • Options
    virtkingvirtking Member Posts: 25
    If $1000 off MSRP you're getting right now, I'm not surprised. The $1000 above invoice promotion from Orland Park was valid until 1/2/07. I closed my deal on 1/1. I just picked it up on 1/6. If you can wait, try again closer to the end of the month. Motor Werks actually offered another $200 off from Lisle's offer, but the car would be a dealer trade from out of state with ~140 miles. I didn't want to take any chances.
  • Options
    jtlajtla Member Posts: 388
    Congrats on the G35S purchase. I know you have shopped for quite some time, and I often appreaciated your inputs.

I was in Cerritos Infiniti two weeks ago. There was only 1 Sport left -- a base with sunroof as the only option equipped. You got a great deal on it. You did mention the price was with VPP; however, I wonder whether the MF and its reduction through multiple security deposit is offered to everyone, or is it just for VPP buyers also? It is through IFS, right?

Thanks in advance. Enjoy your new toy.
  • Options
    The MF that I got is just the buy rate that IFS puts out. Anyone can get it, but dealers sometimes try to pad it a bit. However, regardless of VPP anyone CAN get it...it's whether or not they do...and it's also dependent on credit history. The thing with VPP is that it doesn't need to be negotiated whereas joe blow off the street might have to convince them. Most dealers were receptive to it though when I was working a non-vpp deal simultaneously (in case this one didn't happen). As for the addl. security deposits, anyone can do that as well, but to do it to lower the money factor you must do at least 2 and no more than 9 and you can't use the One Pay signature leasing. Most salesmen will probably look at you funny if you ask about it since not many people do it. The sales manager had never done one in 4 years working there. But they were happy to do it. Good luck with your search. I wouldn't be surprised if things open up more the end of the month. I'm starting to get emails and phone calls from other dealers who said there was NO WAY they could sell a sport/nav at VPP because they are too HOT right now. Oh well...too late for them. Also check out Prestige in Vegas if you don't mind travelling. They offered 700 over invoice on anything in stock and when he sold the 2 I was looking at he said they had more coming in this month. They tried to sell me 400 bucks for doc fees, but then they reduced the price of the car to 350 over invoice, so in reality it's like 700 over invoice with 50 bucks for doc fees. Pretty reasonable considering it's a cheap one way flight or short drive from Cali.
  • Options
    falcon74falcon74 Member Posts: 67
    What does VPP pricing mean? Thanks.
  • Options
    dsr3dsr3 Member Posts: 2
    I had 2 dealers within 120mi offer $750 over invoice, and another who offered to beat that, so I used +$750 as my baseline. I wanted to trade-in my 9 year old (but clean) Z28, so going non-local was not so easy, otherwise I could have been more aggressive.
    I decided to go with the convenience, and admittedly friendly service at the local dealer, Frontier Infiniti.
    This was the first time in 5 new car purchases that I went for the salesman's approach of "how much do you want to spend", not the value of my car or sales price (also my first trade-in). Since I knew the numbers, which were exact (except the "optional DMV elec. filing fee of $28), I felt pretty safe with this approach. To my surprise, they stuck with a shamefully low trade-in (no surprise), and sold the new car at $265 UNDER invoice. That meant that I didn't have to pay the added tax, which equates to a decent trade-in based on the +$750 deals. I do wish I could have sold my car and had the cash in hand, but it didn't generate much interest, and there was smog/registration looming- all omens to trade it in!
    So, I got just what I wanted, and at what I think was a pretty good price (though there was probably a couple hundred more to be had...), and I established a good relationship with my local dealer. So far the car is awesome!
  • Options
    VPP stands for Value Pricing Plan or something like that. It's for employees of Nissan/Infiniti, or friends and family who qualify, and also for people who work for qualifying businesses. It is basically a no haggle pricing structure.
  • Options
    Santa Clara is a bit far from me. I am in Santa Barbara, but that is a great deal you worked out. Congratulations.
  • Options
    sumanannasumananna Member Posts: 5
    Is there anyone who is currently exploring the dealerships in Dallas area to buy a G35 sedan, or who has bought one recently? I am looking at buying one and would want some feedback as to the prices you have got.
  • Options
    scottm123scottm123 Member Posts: 1,501
    Does anyone know if the cost of the Premium Package differs depending on the trim of G you choose?

The G35x comes equipped with everything in the Journey Package, as well as AWD, Heated Seats and Heated Mirrors.

Why should this package cost the same for both Journey and X models?

If it does, you're basically paying for heated seats and mirrors twice in the G35x, if you opt for the Premium Package.

Thoughts?
  • Options
    automanicautomanic Member Posts: 4
    Dealer says you can't use VPP if your on plan D for the 07. Anyone have this problem?

Thanks!
  • Options
    g35xbslaterg35xbslater Member Posts: 15
    According to Infiniti's "Build your Infiniti" site, Premium Package is $2350 on the Journey, but only $2150 on the G35X. So there's a $200 difference that would presumably make up for the heated seats and mirrors.
  • Options
    automanic, even I am planning to use plan D VPP. I haven't mentioned this to the dealers I have been talking to. I will let you know as to what my dealer says.
  • Options
    Just heard from my dealer that Infiniti is not allowing VPP on the new G. I guess it doesn't matter which plan it is.
  • Options
    That bites, the site says that plans A&C are able to use the VPP program. I guess plan D will have to wait until they have lots of inventory they need to move. Hopefully, I can negotiate 750 over invoice this weekend. So far two dealers said they would only take $500 off of MSRP. :cry:
  • Options
    You are right. I just checked the VPP site. It says on the D plan specifically that G35 is not available.

I am not sure if there are any improvements in the inventory. I have been looking at Journey plus premium and navigation. Only one dealer has 2 models with navigation here, and he said he would be getting 2 more in March. March!!! The other dealer has 2 coming next month. So I am not sure if this is specific to the Dallas area or has been so in general.
  • Options
    Infiniti is ABSOLUTELY participating in VPP on Plans A & C (I just purchased one on Plan C), but I am pretty sure that it's not avail yet on Plan D. However, I have seen people able to get deals that are pretty close to VPP. My VPP deal was about 300 over invoice, and I've seen people getting as low as 500-700 over invoice on cars in stock. The biggest issue is finding a dealer who wants to deal. I spoke with every dealer in California and while I found a couple who said they'd do a VPP deal, most couldn't convince their sales manager to actually DO IT. Especially on anything with Nav. Most were willing to just sit on the car because eventually they would get a premium. But, if you are persistent, you can probably find someone who wants to make a deal. They are out there, but it took me 2 solid months of emails and phone calls everyday. Journey are the easiest and Sports with nav are the toughest. But it can be done...like I said, I got mine last week...fresh off the truck fully loaded sport model in one of my color preferences too! Best of luck.
  • Options
    Congrats on the new ride! I guess I should prepare for a battle! Too bad the 08 CTS is not out yet! That will give us another great choice and would force the Infiniti dealers to wheel and deal!
  • Options
    njg35xnjg35x Member Posts: 3
    g35x in blue slate
    options - premium pkg, splash guards, sirius, cargo
    (dealer throw-ins first aid kit and wheel locks)

pretty easy 34,800 so @600 over invoice + $199 doc fees

pretty stoked I was in and out of the dealer in 1 hour with the test drive. Just told him what I wanted and said I'd sign if he brought it back otherwise I was off to the next dealer 20 minutes away. The car is a blast to drive actually wish I had a longer commute now. The stereo cranks can't wait for the warmer weather. I do wish it kept some of the throatiness like the 2006 I test drove previously but the "acceleration swell" kicks
  • Options
    scottm123scottm123 Member Posts: 1,501
    Congrats

The dealer may have thrown in the wheel locks, but the first aid kit is included in all 07 G models.
  • Options
    Sprinkler, congrats on your new infiniti. I bet you are enjoying every second of your drive, especially given the effort you have put into it.

As you said, convincing a dealer to do a VPP deal on a model with navigation requires a huge effort. For me, it is that much more difficult because of the number of dealerships. To give you a perspective, CA has 32 Infiniti dealerships and TX has 10, out of which 4 are from Houston (owned by 2 owners) and 3 are from Dallas. If you have read any previous posts, the dealerships in Houston just won't even budge from the MSRP. So the best bet for me is to wait until March and hope the VPP comes back on plan D.
  • Options
    Yeah...I am fortunate to be in a market with a ton of saturation. It definitely was a bunch of work, but so far I really love the car. I'm a big gadget guy, so this thing keeps me busy with all the little bells and whistles. I'm sure that things will get better in March. The other option too is to just try to convince them of a offer that is above VPP, but not too much over invoice. You might find someone near the end of the month who is just ready to deal. If you can wait it will certainly give you the advantage. If I could have waited it certainly would have meant less stress and work for me as I would have just ordered it for March with exactly what I wanted on it...including color. Unfortunately for me my lease was up and I had already extended it as long as I could, so I was kind of forced to get a car with a couple of additional options and my 2nd choice in color in order to get a deal done. I might be paying a bit more than I was hoping for, but when all is said and done it's only about 20 bucks more a month and at least now I can't say there is a feature I SHOULD have put on....since this one has EVERYTHING!!! Now I just need to get thru the break in period so I can actually open her up! Good luck!
  • Options
    Pray tell, who gets to use VPP? Just family and friends of Nissan employees?
  • Options
    asingh80asingh80 Member Posts: 32
    Hi,

Did anyone purchase a vehicle out of the stae he/she resides in? Please can you share some information as in what possible things will have to be taken care of....is there any extra cost involved for registration/title etc.??....I stay in NJ and am getting better deals from nearby states like NY, conneticut, MD, PA etc.....

Thanks...
  • Options
    I believe that if you are a friend or family memeber you can qualify for Plan C. If you work for Nissan/Infiniti it might be plan A. But the employee has to get you a claim number from Nissan...you can't just say I know so and so. Nissan actually inputs all of your info into the system and then you just have to find a dealer who accepts the VPP plan. The price is pre-negotiated so you don't really have to do anything. Plan D is for associated businesses who have a relationship with Nissan. Not sure how to find out which companies qualify. If you google Nissan VPP you should be able to find the site with all the info and how each plan breaks down so you can get an estimate of the numbers.
  • Options
    fenwahfenwah Member Posts: 58
    I found an 06 G35 with MSRP of $37,530. They are taking $6k off MSRP to make it $31,530. Invoice is $34,360 and Infiniti is offering $3500 dealer to cash right now until the end of January. I was thinking of countering with Invoice - the $3500 dealer to cash...making it $30,860. Do you think that would be a pretty good deal?
  • Options
    agbiggsagbiggs Member Posts: 19
    I paid around $2500 below invoice for an 06 G35x in late December, when the dealer incentive was $2500. My guess is you can get this without a lot of trouble.
  • Options
    I'm going to try $30,000 even...knowing that I won't get it...and hope to get a price around $30,500. That will be a little more than $3500 below invoice...but it's almost February and I'm sure that they really want to move the 06s off the lot. $30,500 for a $37,350 G35 looks like a pretty good deal to me.
  • Options
    I purchased the G35 Journey at Santa Barbara Auto Group.

Pricing was: $35,415 + tax and license. Options were Premium, Navigation, and cargo net. Color was Platinum Graphite and interior was Washi with Graphite Leather. Thought about the Rosewood, but the Rosewood did not look good in the model they had on the floor.

Invoice for the Journey is $30,043. Add on the packages and the invoice is $33.915.

Hence selling price is $1,500 above invoice and dealer holdback is $906. So they made about $2,500. Not bad for them.

I could not find any dealers in Southern CA that would give me a better deal on what I wanted, so I took this price and will now try to stop looking at price discussion. :)

The car will be here in about two months. I'll give you an update at that point. But based on my experience at SBAG, I would recommend them. They are small, so you may have to order and wait for your car, but the people there seem reasonable.

Cliff
  • Options
    asingh80asingh80 Member Posts: 32
    Hi,

Please can anyone comment if destination charges be included while starting to negotiate on the invoice price and up.

If the dealer is quoting $XXX above invoice is he including the destination or will that be separate?

Is it worth a try to get rid of the destination charges?

TIA
  • Options
    malumakanmalumakan Member Posts: 16
    Destination charge is usually included with the selling price. When talking about invoice price, the price you pay for the car will be invoice price and the destination charge, since the invoice price involves only the vehicle. some dealer might trick you to belive the price they giving you is the price you pay but then later they say "Oh that was only the figure for the vehicle and it will be $xxx amount for destination." The best bet is to find out if the figure the dealer give you include the destination charge or not. Destination is a set fee, usually dealers do not negotiate that fee at all. Good luck
  • Options
    hvan3hvan3 Member Posts: 630
    If you go to Costa Mesa Infiniti or Infiniti South Bay (Torrance), they are offering $7500 off on all remaining 06 G35.

Does anyone who how well the 07 G35 is selling? Everywhere I go, I always see IS250 on the road, but only saw one 07 G35 in the past 2 months or so.

I hope the 07 are not selling well. I want to get one for cheap!!
  • Options
    whitebreadwhitebread Member Posts: 2
    I just picked up my new lakeshore blue/wheat G35x. It's beautiful.

Used Consumer Reports New Car Price Reports and got $2253 off MSRP in White Plains, NY. (Includes premium package, wheel locks, cargo net and splash guards, awd.) It really helped to know the Bottom Line price. There is a dealer holdback on this car. link title

MSRP: $36900
    My cost: $34,647
    Out the door price (with taxes, lic., registration etc)
    $37,525.

This board was very helpful for reference too!
  • Options
    malumakanmalumakan Member Posts: 16
    i am guessing they had that car in stock!!!
  • Options
    I don't know if this is for just Infiniti of Columbus or all Infiniti dealerships nationwide.

We have unprecedented "Employee Pricing" on New 2007 Infiniti vehicles through the end of January 2007.

You can save up to:

$4,000 off Msrp of 2007 M35's and M45's

$7,000 off Msrp of 2007 FX's

$7,000 off Msrp of 2007 QX56's

$1,500 off Msrp of select 2007 New body-style G35 sedans!!!

And Up to $5,700 off Msrp of remaining 2006 G35 coupes!!!

I don't know if this is for just Infiniti of Columbus or all Infiniti dealerships nationwide.
  • Options
    theshawntheshawn Member Posts: 30
    I started shopping around in early December, got some good offers along the way including $300 and $200 over invoice, but they couldn't deliver the car that I wanted. Last Thursday I had my 07 G35x Liquid Platinum over Graphite w/ Premium, Nav, Trunk, Splash, Locks delivered to my work from Sheehy Infiniti of Annapolis (MD) :) . I work in Tyson's Corner, VA...so it would have been quite a hike to get out to Annapolis. The Internet manager offered to bring the car to my door. They also didn't have my car, but they were the only dealer that seemed capable of getting it, eventually bringing it in from New Jersey. I ended paying $36,750 + tax/tags/doc fee ($98). MSRP was $38,390 / Invoice $35,730 - so I ended up $1020 over invoice...not bad considering they had to get the car and they delivered it to my door. I was very please with my buying experience, the Internet Sales manager at Sheehy Infiniti was very nice, responsive and really did work hard to earn my business. I never had to step foot into the dealer showroom or the dreaded finance office :surprise: . No trade involved.
  • Options
    g35xbslaterg35xbslater Member Posts: 15
    FWIW, I took delivery of my G35X from the same guy at Sheehy from one of their inventory cars. He did a great job with the sale and our email and phone conversations. Picked up my car on 12/28 and paid invoice. G35X Blue Slate over Stone, Prem, Nav, Cargo net.

Congratulations!