Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    slappybrownslappybrown Member Posts: 9
    Heres the email that PhairPhair sent out:

I just received this email from Orland Park, IL Infiniti (south of Chicago):

All 2007 G35 's are 1000.00 over invoice for a limited time.
    Stop in ask for a Sherri of a Manager .
    Infiniti of Orland Park
    708-403-4700

A week a go this dealership and others I contacted in Chicago told me they would not match a $1000 off sticker offer I received from a Detroit dealer.

Looks like someone needs to make numbers...and use spellcheck.

I'll forward the email to anyone who wants to use it as a "written offer" to get a deal from their local dealer.

Is this still a valid offer phairphair? Thanks you gusy have been quite helpful
  • Options
    biochemistbiochemist Member Posts: 19
    29K for AWD? That is an awesome price. Got mine with the same packages sans AWD for a few hundred less in Chicago. I'd jump on that deal.
  • Options
    chinlocchinloc Member Posts: 5
    The costco program in OC/CA is crap. The best they would do is 500 off msrp. I have been searching and searching for this car. The best deal I found is to custom order the car from Infiniti of Montclair. If you email them they will come back with a custom quote. I have been quoted 2000 off of msrp. However, this car could take 60-90 days to get here. Who knows how long it could take. Anyone else find any better deals out there?
  • Options
    chinlocchinloc Member Posts: 5
    The best I found yet is a custom order from infiniti of Montclair...2000 off msrp. Course you have to wait to get it..minimum 60-90 days.....anyone else find any better deals?
  • Options
    underparunderpar Member Posts: 6
    What area of the Chicago burbs do you live? I have been talking to several dealers from Lisle to Libertyville and was curious to know the general area of the dealers that you have been dealing with when getting to $1K over invoice. It seems to be a screaming deal and if I can get to that point, I will probably be pulling the trigger.
  • Options
    phairphairphairphair Member Posts: 39
    I don't know. This same sales person refused to beat a $1000 below sticker deal one week earlier, so go figure.
  • Options
    dafreak1dafreak1 Member Posts: 61
    Let me talk to my dealer and get the ok to share the info first. I do not want to jeapordize my deal. One thing I do know is that they are going to make money on my trade. They have offered me 27K for my 2006 Acura TL with 9500 miles. That could have something to do with the 1K over invoice. With the tax savings the offer on the Acura is closer to 28K and some change which is not horrible.
  • Options
    jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    Since a trade is involved the quote they gave you is meaningless for us.
  • Options
    diesel2029diesel2029 Member Posts: 11
    I got an 07 Lakeshore Slate G35X with the Premium and Nav packages, Splash Guards, Cargo Net for 37K. It was a car they had in the lot. They initially quoted MSRP, but I was surprised when they gave me $2000 off without any hassles. My overall experience with them was good, but could have been better. I was happy with the price, and delivery went smoothly, but some people there seemed condescending especially when I talked about financing. Now I bought luxury cars before (BMW M3) and it just seemed that the dealer and financing advisor here did not treat the purchase process as sensitively as I expected. Ex: I wanted to shop around for better rates, but they had the look as if I didn't have the money to buy the car. This condescending attitude is what bothered me the most. Nobody likes paying too much, nothing wrong with being a smart shopper.
  • Options
    underparunderpar Member Posts: 6
    Cool, thanks. Make your deal first - I wouldn't want you to lose that deal either.

While arguably that trade could definitely discredit their offer, something is definitely going on right now. For the first several months, all of the dealers were feeding us this "you'll be lucky to get $500 off MSRP" garbage. Then Orland Park sent that e-mail. About the same time, I was contacted by a dealer in the north burbs near me who told me they were "sharpening their pencils". Now dafreak is hearing excellent numbers from another source. My guess (hope) is that dealers are fearing inventories piling up, interest rates aren't exactly dropping like rocks, and the winter months are typically slow. I'm betting this is where the softening begins and the deals start flowing. Or this could be the fact that I am dying to buy this car and foolishly telling myself that invoice-level pricing is in my future.
  • Options
    theshawntheshawn Member Posts: 30
    I've been offered $1500 off MSRP, then just before the year's end $300 over invoice. The $300 over was only for what was on the lot, none of which were Sports :( They said they would get me my car for $600 over, I didn't follow up because they were too far away and some other stuff.

Then I got another email saying another dealer would beat any deal. I called the sales manager and told him of my $600 over deal, he offered up $200 plus lifetime powertrain warranty. Again, no Sports on the lot...they are still looking and say the'll honor the agreed upon price...I'll post a follow-up when I make my final deal.
  • Options
    g35xbslaterg35xbslater Member Posts: 15
    I picked up a 2007 G35X end of December from Sheehy in Annapolis. I shopped the car on the web at several dealers. Finally decided on a Sheehy (no G35Xs in the NC at the time) and emailed what I wanted. Internet sales rep offered $300 over invoiceif I bought by 12/31, but then couldn't get Tech pkg I wanted from another local lot (Coleman,) so he offered invoice on 2 cars on his lot w/o Tech Pkg. When I called Coleman about the Tech Pkg car, they wanted $1400 over invoice plus the extra $1100 for Tech Pkg - too much! I punted on the Tech Pkg and got invoice from Sheehy, no trade-in to complicate the deal.

Free advice (worth every penny): play dealer against dealer, shoot for last week of the month, buy from inventory, and be willing to take other than first choice colors to get your best price. Looks like they're holding the Tech Package cars for more $$$, so beware.

BTW, the car is sooooo sweeeet!
  • Options
    marvelmmarvelm Member Posts: 28
    That is an awesome deal! In SoCal, most of the dealers still want MSRP. Also for some reasons, prem+navi option is a rarity here. I bought one for $1450 below MSRP because within 100 miles from where I live only ONE dealer has the color and the options (prem + navi) combination that i want. You are completely right when you wrote "be willing to take other than first choice colors to get your best price", and yes...the car is AWESOMEEEE!!!!!
  • Options
    I am finding the same thing in regards to prem+nav; my dealer had exactly one of those on the lot, and of course, not in the color I was looking for. I am just hoping, as someone else above posted, that the supply is starting to catch up, and that dealers start getting some more variety in stock and start budging from MSRP. It seems like Chicago is the best place in the country right now to get a good deal/the options you are looking for.
  • Options
    saabskisaabski Member Posts: 61
    Hello all,

I have a new,2006 G35 with Sand exterior and Wheat interior with about 5,000 milse on the clock (it's a demo) for $27,579. It has premium package, auto, and sunroof. Is this a fair price?

Any comments would be appreciated.
  • Options
    dafreak1dafreak1 Member Posts: 61
    Very true, and, 1K over invoice isnt that great of a deal when you consider my trade. However, I did talk to my dealer today and he said he would honor the 1K over invoice independent of the trade.
  • Options
    gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    You should be able to get the same '06 new for 28 to 28.5K. I rather get a new one if it's me, even for 1K diff.
  • Options
    saabskisaabski Member Posts: 61
    Sorry about that...car's price is $28,579, not $27,579. :)
  • Options
    crkline2crkline2 Member Posts: 20
    I am in Santa Barbara and was quoted an internet price from SB Auto Group of $37,418 (plus fees) for the following set up: 2007 G35 Sport 6MT, Liquid platinum/stone, with premium, navigation, splash guards, rear spoiler and trunk cargo net The MSRP for this is $39,340.

While not a killer deal seems reasonable to me. What do you all think?

Cliff
  • Options
    asingh80asingh80 Member Posts: 32
    hey diesel2029,

what was your out the door (OTD) price?

I'll really appreciate if you could give a break up of the cost like: base, navigation, premium, dealer doc fee, TTL etc.

Did you get a wood trim package also? Where did you get your car financed and how much interest rate did you get?

I plan on purchasing the exact same config with wood trim additional within a few weeks.

TIA,
  • Options
    Hi,

I heard someone discussing about sat. radio for 2007 G35. Any idea what points should be considered before getting one installed? I guess XM fits seamlessly into the panel whereas the Sirius needs special fixtures. Is that true? Guys, any inputs will be appreciated.

Also, I heard with G35X (AWD) the sat radio is not available. However, the dealer charges $500-700 extra get it installed. Any idea?

Lastly, does the sat radio option effect the real time traffic update feature that comes standard with all 2007 models?

TIA
  • Options
    theshawntheshawn Member Posts: 30
    That sounds very reasonable for me, especially if its the car you want. I was quoted $200 over invoice in DC, but the dealer has yet to come up with my desired car...so who knows if they'll actually honor that price when the time comes.
  • Options
    robertrrobertr Member Posts: 125
    I'm planning to order the exact same configuration except for the splash guards - at $1,340 those would be pretty expensive splash guards! Maybe your dealers MSRP quote of $39,340 included the tech package or 4 wheel steering and you didn't mention it? If that is the case, your discount of nearly $2,000 from MSRP sounds pretty good at this point in the model cycle and I hope I do as well.

My MSRP is exactly an even $38000 = 6MT model 32250 + destination 700 +premium 2350 +nav 2100 +spoiler 550 +cargo net 50.

I don't know why Infiniti doesn't just include the cargo net in the base price. When I got my 2003 the net was included but they charged $80 extra on the MSRP for the trunk mat instead that is apparently included this year. I'm not complaining - I just find it amusing. ;)
  • Options
    I think youve got it all wrong. As far as I know, there is no need to install anything for the Sirius or XM; I believe you have your choice of Siriux or XM when going with the prem pkg; if you get prem+nav, then you are locked into XM, since they are the ones providing the real time traffic info to Infiniti. The traffic tracking feature is not standard on the 07 models, and only comes with the Nav system (as I understand it). I dont think there any limitations on the G35x; I test drove one with both the Sirius sat radio, and one that had nav and the traffic info via XM.
  • Options
    larryallen707larryallen707 Member Posts: 174
    I have an '05 G35 6mt and am still loving it! Today, I am helping my friend buy an '06 (or maybe an '07) 6MT. They have one brand new '06 in stock at local dealer. How much below invoice should be pay for the '06? What about '07? It has premium package and rear active steering. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • Options
    spyderredspyderred Member Posts: 138
    I am in Southern California and I was at a dealership this weekend looking at a '07 G35. They didn't have any 07 G35 6 speed manual but noticed that they had at least four 06 G35 Sedans. I talked to the sales person regarding the price of the 06 and I was offered any 06 G35 at 3500 below invoice. They had one with premium and Nav stickered at a little over $37K and he said that invoice was 34018 then you would take the $3500 off. They offered me a real low trade. However he said that he would do the price for the 06 regardless of my trade. He said I should try to sell my car on my own since I would get more for it. Of course, I knew that but I was just testing to see what they would offer for my trade. I drove two different 2006 G35's 6 MT and was disappointed with the manual tranny, especially the clutch. It was NOT very smooth and overall both cars felt really cheap. Nice power but...

I drove both G35's after I drove the new 07 Acura TLS 6 speed manual. The TLS felt really nice surprisingly even though they are front wheel drive. I was considering seriously the Acura TLS as well as the new 07 G35. I was only able to test drive the 07 TLS and the 06 G35 in 6 speed manual for a about 15 minutes. Definetly not long enough to make a final decision but I was more impressed with the 07 Acura TLS overall.

I will go back to Infiniti when they get the 07 G35 6 MT. Hopefully it will measure up compared to the 07 TLS.
  • Options
    I have changed my mind on the model. I am now looking at the G35 Journey, as the Sport's seats are too tight for my wide legs. I think I would be very uncomfortable after an hour in the Sport's seats.

The advantage to the Journey is a slightly less expensive price. The Journey with premium, nav package, and cargo net is 33,915 (invoice). The sales person said to offer $1,000 over invoice. Of course they would have to order it, as they have none in stock with a navigation system.

I think this is an okay price. What do you think?
  • Options
    Which dealership has the $3,500 off invoice on the '06?
  • Options
    slappybrown,

you are right, just re-read the options description at edmunds under Navigation package:
    "XM NAVTraffic which provides real-time traffic information"

so with premium + nav if one goes for satellite radio he's stuck with XM. not a problem for me as long as i get it for $300 or so.

However, i remember when I first got a quote in december the dealer said it'll cost $800+ since it doesn't come company fitted with premium+nav+wood package combination....they'll have to do it specially in house......i blv he didn't have any model available with sat radio :(
  • Options
    sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    If you get the Navigation Package the XM is already installed and included in the Navigation Package price. There should not be anything additional. They even throw in the first 3 months service for free. Don't pay extra for satellite radio if you get the navigation package.
  • Options
    Anyone ever had someone try to charge them for a VTR (Vehicle Theft Recovery) fee. They want 195 bucks for it and say that it basically etches all the glass, etc. to help in recovery if it's stolen. I'm pretty sure that it's one of those stupid dealer add-ons that they overcharge for, but if it's just total BS, I'd like to know.
  • Options
    joeshanjoeshan Member Posts: 70
    Check with your local Police Department- they might have a program where they'll do it for free, or steer you to someplace that does it.
    PS:BS imho
  • Options
    robertrrobertr Member Posts: 125
    My dealer just got a 6MT in today that's available for a test drive. I'm going Thursday and if I like it I expect to place an order. $1,000 over invoice would be great, but I'm not counting on doing quite that well, so your deal is better than OK as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    gssethigssethi Member Posts: 25
    For anyone looking to get a 2006 G35 now, You should atleast get $3500 under Invoice.

I got mine on December 1 for $3300 under invoice (that was when the rebate was only $2500)

Sure, I could have waited till December end and gotten a better deal (could have saved another ~500) but I was without a car and needed a car badly in early December (Would have paid a lot more on rental car..lol).

So, anyone looking for 2006, the Minimum you should aim for right now is $3500 under invoice. I would offer at $4500 under invoice and do a deal at ~4k under invoice.
  • Options
    kmartlakmartla Member Posts: 4
    When I bought my G35 a few weeks ago, the F&I guy offered me the etching as well. I passed, also thinking it was BS. But turns out my insurance company offers a discount for having it. That said, perhaps the local PD will do it for less, as joeshan suggested.
  • Options
    malumakanmalumakan Member Posts: 16
    Has anyone bought fully loaded G35X with the wood trim. if you have what was the best price your dealer offered?
  • Options
    OK...so here is my question. All things being equal, do you think that it is worth an extra 40 bucks a month over the course of a lease to get a fully loaded Sport model vs. a fully loaded non-sport model (about the same features except for the "sport" things like suspension, seats, paddles, steering wheel, and front bumper)? I'd really like to get the sport model because I enjoy those touches, but is it worth the extra cost...I can probably live without it, but I'm debating in my head right now. Thanks for any input.
  • Options
    Coupe also or are you just speaking of 4 door? My friend wants 6MT. There are not nearly as many of them out there as there are 4 doors. Curious if you bought a 2 or 4 door?
  • Options
    I doubt you will find a coupe w/ 3.5K off. Coupe is still a hot car. I still like the coupe more than the new sedan.
  • Options
    javaleejavalee Member Posts: 2
    hey all..
    in Blue Slate
    purchased one mid/late dec.. Dealer delivered the car to my job 1st week Jan. Price paid was $1000 off sticker.. which was fairly easy. Total cost was $44.500 ish.. this includes the extended warranty, taxes, etc. Car has all 3 packages. btw, the key less remote thing (part of the tech package) is the the best! Definitely worth the price.. the rear camera is neat too if u parallel park alot.
    Cant believe the dealer wont throw in all weather mats for free!!!!
  • Options
    "Car has all 3 packages. btw, the key less remote thing (part of the tech package) is the the best!"

Key less remote is standard for all models.
  • Options
    The answer depends on what your priorities are. I would have purchased a G35 Sport with manual transmission, but the seats are too narrow for my too wide legs. :)

Hence I am looking at the G35 Journey with nav and premium.

So in my case, comfort trumps the Sport model. But if the seats had been comfortable, I would have gone Sport.
  • Options
    g35xbslaterg35xbslater Member Posts: 15
    The answer is... It depends on your tastes and the deal you can get.

FWIW, I drove the Sport and Journey before buying the G35X. To my taste, the sport was sexier (front fascia, rear deck spoiler, better rims/tires, paddle shifters) but I found the sport suspension a bit too stiff. The Journey was more supple without sacrificing any of the performance I expected to extract fromt he car. Also note that if you're interested in the tech pkg, the adaptive cruise control radar in the Sport front fascia looks more like an "after-thought" than it does on the Journey/G35X fascia. Small detail granted, but I noticed.

If you want the extra visual appeal for less money, you could add the performance tire/wheel option at (MSRP $400) and/or get the rear deck spoiler for under $300 here:
    http://www.wooddashexperts.com/customer/product.php?productid=44282&cat=5671&pag- e=1

Of course, those paddle shifters were interesting on the Sport sooo....

FWIW, I went with the G35X as insurance so I can still squirt around turns in the rain and be able to get up hills more easily in the ice. This meant I also punted on the performance tires/rims as they are strictly "summer" rated tires.
  • Options
    I know I know...I'm just trying to balance my desire to stay within a certain price range, but the configuration that would have kept it there via the VPP and the sport package is just not available. So, at the moment I have two vehicles available and at VPP pricing. One has the options I want, but is not a sport and the other is a sport but will add the 4 wheel steering and spoiler that I don't really need...but wouldn't mind if money wasn't an option. I just really like some of the "sport" touches but might be able to do without them. I guess I'll see how I feel when I get the final numbers. Maybe I'll get lucky and my current vehicle has some value to them and I can get some money to put towards the car...then I can justify the fully loaded one ;) I suppose I really shouldn't complain either way since I'll likely be getting either vehicle for only a few hundred over invoice. Wish me luck!
  • Options
    virtkingvirtking Member Posts: 25
    Well,

Last Saturday I picked up my silver '07 G35x from Lisle's dealership. As mentioned in other people's posts my deal started with the Orland Park dealer too. I negotiated OTD price. I asked them to add some additional equipment and sent the quote to Lisle and Motor Werks. In the end Lisle won, by giving me extra $200 off of the OTD price plus they had the car in stock. So, here is my specs:
    - Prem. Package
    - Wood (Graphite leather)
    - Splash Guards
    - Trunk net
    - All weather mats
    - Wheel locks

Total off the MSRP was $2523.81.

The car is simply awesome! ;)
  • Options
    gssethigssethi Member Posts: 25
    That pricing is for the 4-door (sedan) only. I dont know much about the 2-door (coupe) and did not even do research for it.

Yeah, I know that the coupe is better but it would not fit my needs.
  • Options
    planning to buy a G35X. any idea if we can have 18" wheels or any other sportier types for G35X too?.....i loved the 18" wheel with sports model as opposed to the 17" with the rest. so now wondering if I can pay a small amount to upgrade to broader sporty wheels which will actually not effect the rpm etc.

are there any third party hot wheels for 2007 G35X avaialble in the market which look better than the standard and light on the pocket :D

the dealer said: "u don't want to get lareger wheels cos' that wil ruin the actual rpm and will give incorrect readings....does that really matter?
  • Options
    sundarhpsundarhp Member Posts: 4
    Just got my 07 G35x couple this Monday. Traded my 98 Camry for good :). So far, I like the ride (my first near-luxuary car).

With premium package, XM and Sunroof, I paid 34,600 (including destination charge).

Is that a good deal ?
  • Options
    looks pretty good...invoice is $34,033 including destination, was 34,600 ur OTD price?....if not what was your out the door (OTD) price? details will be helpful, also which dealer and location?

congrats on ur new baby!!

TIA
  • Options
    tjd75tjd75 Member Posts: 2
    Virtking,

Great deal on the G35x. I'm in the Chicago area as well and want to know if you'd be willing to e-mail me the quote you received?? Looking at about the same vehicle for myself.

I've been dealing with Motor Werks and not having much luck...$1000 off MSRP is the best they'll do.

ergephobe@hotmail.com

Thanks!