Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    sportsfansportsfan Member Posts: 27
    that is very interesting about the scheduled maintenance gauging. I've considered going to a consumer advocacy organization to get air and press time, about what these dealers are doing. I agree, it's time that the manufacturer get involved to some extent. but i think they let it go, because they really want the sales figures to match BMW and other luxury models. So, the manufacturer will let the dealer do whatever it wants, so the dealer will continue to carry the cars. It's probably their shortsided belief that this is the only way infiniti can gain market share - by heavily relying on the dealers. I will probably take my car in for maintenance with a decent auto mechanic, rather than the dealer.
  • Options
    sportsfansportsfan Member Posts: 27
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep the dealer from ripping me off significantly when i take my car in for maintenance and modifications.

I've asked for quotes in writing for parts and for labor.

Recently a delear in the nyc/nj/ct area tried to run a game by charging one price which included labor and parts. The part could not be replaced, because they didn't have it in stock. So they fixed the original and put it back where it belonged. Next, they tried to charge the same price. I refused to pay it, given the same quote/price that included the part and labor. After some back and forth, the service was given to me for free.

How do I avoid getting ripped off by the dealers?
  • Options
    dalixmandalixman Member Posts: 5
    You can try. All I gave them was a business card. They require either a business card or a pay stub. The dealer stapled my business card to some form they mailed to get reimbursed, not sure if they call to verify employment or not. I would guess not.
  • Options
    triple_7triple_7 Member Posts: 63
    Dealer offered 1500 off MSRP. no deal/ I got that quote two months ago from another dealer and inventory is starting to pile up on them. except for the sport model. its still in high demand. knowing that a fellow poster here got $38500 OTD for prem. nav and tire pack. that seems to be my maximum price willing to pay here in socal. so maybe $1000 over invoice is not that far of a stretch.

has anyone here had better luck with the dealers and better than 1500. looking to buy within the next two weeks.

thanks.
  • Options
    scottm123scottm123 Member Posts: 1,501
    http://www.edmunds.com/products/maintguide/index.html

This not only lists your scheduled maintenance, but tells you what you should be paying as well.
  • Options
    red_emronred_emron Member Posts: 10
    I just ordered a VPP G35 Premium from Infiniti of Gwinnett.
    I guess they added it on March 1st
  • Options
    stcroixboystcroixboy Member Posts: 63
    Has anyone recently purchased or been quoted a price on a leftover 2006 G35X?
    Any idea how much under list this should go for? Thanks.
  • Options
    abraindrainerabraindrainer Member Posts: 312
    I would not trust those schedules because they look "severe" to me and most of us are not using our vehicles in those conditions. Any owner manual clearly defines both severe and regular schedules and one should pick one that is most appropriate. For example and as noted earlier, 3-4k mile interval for oil changes is probably overkill for most drivers.
  • Options
    I would not trust those schedules because they look "severe"

I agree. The first place to always check for scheduled maintenance is in your manual.
    Most manuals will post separate schedules for Severe or Normal driving conditions, and most of us do not fall under the Severe section. (Although, this is how the dealer schedules you)

The link and info was posted more for the reason of cost.
    The question asked was how much scheduled maintenance visits should cost, and that link shows just that.
  • Options
    type_s_maniactype_s_maniac Member Posts: 4
    Just picked up 07 AWD with Tech for $38,750 on the road. what do you all think?
  • Options
    g35gg35g Member Posts: 7
    Hey from VA! I got a quote from Sheehy Infiniti in MD at $1500 over invoice(internet manager). VA dealers have yet to respond to my emails. I'm willing to travel 5 hours in either direction to get the Journey with nav/prem/tech near invoice. So let me know who's got'em guys. Thanks. :D
  • Options
    jagguarjagguar Member Posts: 25
    You want a good deal? Get an internet quote from Infiniti of Montclair. They gave me $900 over invoice for a special order 6MT sport with premium/nav. That's about $2400 under MSRP on a car that doesn't even exist (with that color) in the western US. When no other dealer would give me $1 off of MSRP for such a rare car, these guys were real easy. And I didn't even have to negotiate, very simple process.
  • Options
    sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    Yeah...Montclair was pretty nice...unfortunately when I was looking they couldn't even do 1k over on an order. They would have done VPP on anything on the lot, but there were no Sport, Prem, Navs to be found at that time. Did you deal with Jodi?
  • Options
    type_s_maniactype_s_maniac Member Posts: 4
    Just got the AWD with tech for $180 above invoice. check out my earlier post for the OTD in MD. I promised I wouldn't reveal the dealership but the deals are out there.
  • Options
    Thanks buddy. I'll try a statewide search on dealers in MD. I will scrub the coast if need be. :shades:
  • Options
    jagguarjagguar Member Posts: 25
    Yeah, I'm dealing with Jodie. They still don't have any Sport 6MT, Prem/Nav's now. No one does. That's why I had to special order it (it doesn't come in until May). So you had a good experience with Montclair? Any suggestions or concerns?

And how do you get VPP? And how much of a discount is it?
  • Options
    sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    Well...I dealt with Jodie for a bit, but she wasn't able to get the car I wanted within my timeframe, so I had to go elsewhere. As for VPP you either have to work for Nissan, be a friend or family member of someone who works for Nissan, or work for one of the companies that is eligible. I don't have the list, but I think someone posted a link to it here once. You then have to get registered thru Nissan and they will assign you a number that you can use at any dealer who is willing to participate. The discounts vary depending on which plan you qualify for, but for example, for me, I was on Plan C (friends and family) and mine was about $350 over invoice and the best lease financing that was available. There isn't any negotiation with the cost of the car since it's a specific formula that they use based on the invoice price of your particular vehicle.
  • Options
    amitnis1amitnis1 Member Posts: 14
    I was looking for an entry level luxury coupe and decided to go with the G35 one. I live in NE and the dealer was very adamant that I should go with the AWD sedan version if I want to drive the car all year long. He argues that any G35 coupe including one with automatic transmission and snow tiers will be out of use for at least 2 months a year in the NE weather. Is this correct? Is the only G35 relevant for 365 days drive in NE is the AWD one?

Thanks!
  • Options
    malumakanmalumakan Member Posts: 16
    I dont believe Infiniti makes the G coupe AWD. From my knowledge all the coupe comes in RWD.
  • Options
    That is the problem. That the dealer argues that my only relevant option is the AWD sedan while I was trageting the coupe (which doesnt come in an AWD verssion). So I am looking to hear from people experiences driving G35s in cold weather locations:
    1. Is it true that I wont be able to ride the G35 coupe in NE year round?
    2. If so are there any ways to go around the issue (other then buying the sedan AWD version) such as buying snow tiers?
  • Options
    The G35 Sedan, in RWD format, can get by in the NE winters if you have a nice set of snow tires and no nasty hills in your commute. I've talked to a lot of people have G35s models and drive them year round. You will need snow tires though.

The G35 Coupe is lousy in the snow, even with snow tires.
    Most owners have separate cars and keep these garaged in the winter.

I personally chose the G35x.
    I've driven it and there is noticeable difference in power and honestly, I prefer the seats and ride.
    I plan on getting the set of wheels/snows for the winter, even with the X model.

Good luck with your decision.
  • Options
    How does the following quote for an 07’ G35 AWD (premium package + tech package + nav package) sound to you?

MSRP: 40,050
    Price: 36,569
    Term: 24 month
    Rate: .00164
    Residual factor: .69
    Residual value: 27,634.5
    Miles/year: 12,000
    Acq fee: 595
    Govt fees: 113.5
    Taxes (total): 1992.47
    Doc fees: 198
    Total initial payment: 1,442.69
    Monthly payment: $500
  • Options
    dceadsdceads Member Posts: 7
    I just purchased a G35 sedan 6MT with prem, tech, nav, painted splash guards, trunk cargo net, and all season floor mats (this was a special add-on that I requested). I don't think that this is a great deal, but figured that I would post in case it may help some others.

MSRP: 38,690
    Price paid: 35,321
    Dealer rip-off fee: 499
    tag: 43

There was no trade involved. There was a vpp discount of $858 included based on my employer, but I don't know how real the vpp discount is. I had the feeling that I would have ended up at the same price with or without the vpp discount. However, they were insistent upon getting a copy of my employee ID.

I love this car! It is beautiful and drives like a dream! :)
  • Options
    urirx98urirx98 Member Posts: 51
    im confused when you say total taxes are 1992.47. Do you have to pay that up front aswell as the 1442.69, or is that 1992.47 divided over the 2 year lease.
  • Options
    No, the only thing that I pay upfront is the 1442,69
  • Options
    so then your payment is 500 plus tax?
  • Options
    jedavisjedavis Member Posts: 2
    I must have got the same salesperson. I stopped by to test drive a G35 Sport in Houston. After the test drive, without asking, I was told that they G35 Sports were going for MSRP but that they would consider throwing in tint and wheel locks. Interesting enough the salesperson then walked me out to the lot and showed me ten plus G35's with four being Sports. Seems with that much stock on hand and more coming in they are going to need to move off of MSRP.
  • Options
    That is a good question. Not sure, will ask but lets asume that it is $500 plus tax. Is this a good deal?
  • Options
    I am getting closer to close a deal on a G35 AWD. The current issue is that the dealer has only one car at the color that I like and this one was driven by the store GM to home and back for a few days (~300 miles on it). The dealer says that my 12,00 miles will start on top of the 300 miles already on the odometer.

How should I think about this situation? Is this a big issue? If not then what should I do on top of inspecting the car from the outside? Should I ask that the dealer’s service department will inspect the car mechanically and "certify" it? Should I ask for a disclaimer on the lease? Anything else?

Thanks.
  • Options
    Well, i think it maybe a good deal, if my deal was a good deal, which is the question. My MSRP was 38, for journey, premium with navi, splash, 18s and cargo net. My original deal was 525 (tax included) with 1300 out of pocket, for 39 m, 12k. You are getting a G35x with tech pak, but i think its about the same as the 18s on mine. I think it seems real good!
  • Options
    shivambshivamb Member Posts: 4
    This is what i got from the dealer...
    MSRP:$39945
    (Premium package/Navigation/Tech Package/splash guard/cargonet)
    36 months/15000 miles/year
    $589/month(including taxes)

$815 at signing( 1st month+143(plates)+some fees)

State:IL

Sprinkler ..pls let me know What cloud be the best monthly payment i should look at, and also pls let me know the best paymnet for 36month/12000 miles.

All the help is appreciated.

Thanks
  • Options
    bs55bs55 Member Posts: 15
    Got a a G35 Journey Platinum Graphite with graphite interior w/ Prem, Nav, and cargo net. Didn't get 18" since the tire life won't be that long since you cant rotate tires. Paid 325 over invoice. Do you think this was a good deal.

Finance manager didnt force any options on me..but offered the following:

I believe they have a maintenace plan now...the top package is around 2373, dont have the paper work with me but basically you get all the premium maintence in the book that the G came with for 60 mo/ 75k. Do you think this is a good deal, havent purchased yet. They said retail is 4500 for having all that work done.

Has anyone got the ResistAll belive it is 1187 but not sure about the length on that. Covers outside sealant from sap, bird dropiing, water stain, etc.. Inside it covers from stains and sratches and rips that are a certain depth.

Clearbra but that was 1085, going to get elsewhere for cheaper i hear its like 600 or so for ventureshield.

Should I get any of these addition. The maintenance plan is tempting, but is it worth it? have you guys heard or been offerred this? how much you pay?
  • Options
    Has anyone got the ResistAll belive it is 1187 but not sure about the length on that. Covers outside sealant from sap, bird dropiing, water stain, etc.. Inside it covers from stains and sratches and rips that are a certain depth.

This is a complete scam... please do not fall for this.
    It's basically a wax job/Scoth Guard treatment before you take delivery and it protects from nothing!!!
    Ping me if you want details on how to clean, seal and maintain, but do not fall for this, it's 100% profit for the dealer!
    Buy yourself a complete Zaino kit. You'll get better protection and save $1,000 in the process.

Clearbra but that was 1085, going to get elsewhere for cheaper i hear its like 600 or so for ventureshield.

Be careful what you get, and who you have install it.
    I suggest xpel/3m and be sure the installer is 3m certified.
    I was quoted by certified shops in my area $700-$900 for a hood, mirror and fender kit.
    I talked the dealer into a full front end protection kit, including Hood, Fenders, Mirrors, and Front Bumper... basically the whole front end.
    The dealer is 3M certified, uses only XPel laser cut kits and 3M materials.
    When you make a decision, ask for references!

Some of the lesser brands yellow over time and the money you save will be spent getting the job done a second time.
    A lot of dealers claim to use "3M" products but actually install products from Avery Dennison which yellow.
    Ask to see the material. The backing should say 3M all over it.

Dealer is doing my complete install for $695. (talked them down from $799)
  • Options
    $325 over invoice is a greaty price. can you elaborate on the tire package and not being able to rotate???
  • Options
    Can you elaborate on the tire package and not being able to rotate???

The 18" wheels are staggered.
    ie: the wheels in the rear differ in size when compared to the front.
    Front - 18x7.5 Wheel & 225/50R18 Tire (W rated)
    Rear - 18x8.5 Wheel & 245/45R18 Tire (W rated)

The wheels can only be rotated from side to side, and not corner to corner as normally suggested.
    Also, if you choose uni-directional tires, you cannot rotate them at all.
  • Options
    Hey I finally dropped a deposit on the Journey with nav, prem, tech, wood, wheel and tire pkgs. It arrives in May. $38,400 out the door. Man I tried like heck to get invoice or just a smidgeon over and couldn't do it. The number I got is close to TMV so I'm good. All electronic transaction. Not so much as a test drive (I'm deployed military) but I've read so many reviews I know this car backward and forward. I got a fair deal at Charles Barker of Virginia Beach. :shades:
  • Options
    bs55bs55 Member Posts: 15
    Hi...i just noticed a white dot(size of piece of sand) on the black rubber part where you close the door from the inside? It not a sratch but underneath or something. They are going to order the part to replace it. It not that big..should i just leave it the way it is so they don't take it apart leave everything in tact as it came from factory or have them replace it. HELP??
  • Options
    rangerlimrangerlim Member Posts: 1
    i have bought a 2007 g35 sedan sport automatic for 41005.00 otd., with prem/nav/tech
    i think it was like 1400 over invoice
  • Options
    takoyakitakoyaki Member Posts: 2
    I've done with the dealing and just need to sign the papers and pick up the car next week.

When picking up the car, what should I check? I know I should check for the dents or scuffs, but what else? :(

If I find something that I really don't like (like exceessive mileage) do I have an option to change the car?

First time buying a brand new car, so I'm bit worried. :confuse:
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    For some quick opinions that apply to all new vehicle deliveries, hop over to our Smart Shopper board.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    stryker65stryker65 Member Posts: 2
    Scottm123 - was your $38,853 ($1,055 over invoice) your OTD price?
  • Options
    Not really...
    I have them adding the 3M kit for $695, and I have to pay Tax, Title and Registration fees.
    I am not paying any Prep, Doc, or any other "BS" fee though.
    I'm skating right around $40k, OTD.

On my way into work today, I passed 2 different car carriers, both filled with Infiniti's.... I can't wait!
  • Options
    stryker65stryker65 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks......
    I placed my order with the same dealership in Warwick, with similar config AWD/Nav/Prem/Tech/Wood (lakeshore slate/wheat) back in February. I am told that it would arrive the week of the 27th.

The wait is really killing me..... ;)
  • Options
    Good luck, I hope it arrives on time.
    Funny how they give dates that land on a Friday :confuse:

Mine was due on March 30 and just arrived yesterday afternoon.
    The 3M cannot be installed until Tuesday, so I have to continue my wait until Tuesday or Wednesday.

I may go visit her this weekend though. :P
  • Options
    imkramerimkramer Member Posts: 26
    Just picked up my car on Tuesday 4/3 on time :D (was told it would arrive the week of 4/6).

Platinum Graphite w/ Graphite interior G35 Journey w/ Premium Pkg, Mud Guards and Cargo Net. Had to order because it's impossible right now to find a Journey in my color combo in my area without the Tire & Wheel Pkg (which I didn’t want).

Here's my deal:

$32,214 Invoice of Journey, Prem Pkg, Mud Gds, Cargo Net,
    and destination.
    $499 Document Fee (aka dealer profit).
    $465 Admitted Dealer Profit.
    $21 Tag Fee.
    $2322 Tax at 7%.
    ------
    $35,521 Out-the-door cash deal

Seems like a half way decent deal on both sides considering that in order to get a G outfitted to my exact specifications, the dealer had to request the car be redirected. It was originally scheduled to go to a dealership in Florida. Dealer makes about $1285 profit ($499 + $465 + approx $320 Holdback at 1%).

Couldn't be happier with the dealership :) Nalley Infiniti in Marrieta, GA. Made my deal over the phone with the internet department's John H., then worked with Reggie K. for the test drive, delivery, etc. Best car buying experience I've ever had. No games played, I was very surprised. Even the sales manager was pleasant.

Only issue was when I checked the tire pressure yesterday morning (cold) it was at 44 psi (which is the max) for all tires. I lowered it to 35 psi and called the service manager for an explanation, which he didn't have. He was surprised, but offered no apology for the error. :confuse:

Love the car so far....delivered with 11 miles, I've only logged another 100 so far.
  • Options
    "Only issue was when I checked the tire pressure yesterday morning (cold) it was at 44 psi (which is the max) for all tires. I lowered it to 35 psi and called the service manager for an explanation, which he didn't have."

I've heard of this as well.
    I have a folder in the car full of paperwork and a punch list of things to check when taking delivery of the car on Tuesday.
    The folder also has a tire pressure gauge in it. ;)
  • Options
    The manufacture normally sends the cars out with the tires at maximum psi to avoid the tires getting flat or settling during the transportation process and there time sitting on the lot. There is a name for when the tires settle which I can't recall right now. But if anyone has had or seen a car parked for a while (few months), you know what I mean about the tires.
  • Options
    takoyakitakoyaki Member Posts: 2
    I'm getting a Black Obsidian G35 Journey w/Premium & Performance Tire Package for $32,800 next week. The dealer didn't have the car in stock, so I have to wait for a week or so. Here is the itemized list for the price:

Vehicle: $32,800
    Processing Fees: $55.00
    Taxes: $2,546.26
    DMV Fees: $279.00
    Gov't Fees: $8.75
    (Grand Total: $35,689.01) Out the door price

I got it for about $2,500 under MSRP (approx. $280 over invoice w/no destination charges.)

The APR I got was 6.24% for 60 months finance.

I Hope this helps you guys on getting your G deals.
  • Options
    spyderbwspyderbw Member Posts: 1
    seems like great deal. where are you located?
  • Options
    robert80robert80 Member Posts: 3
    I finally bit the bullet. I put down a deposit on a Blue Slate/Stone Sport Auto with Premium Package, Splash Guards and Cargo Net on Saturday. The deal was done over the phone for a dealer trade. The car should be delivered for pick-up tomorrow. The details are as follows:

Northern California
    Invoice: $33,649 (Sport Auto, Prem, Splash, Cargo & Dest)
    Profit: $ 206
    Tax: $ 2,793.25
    License: $ 288
    Doc: $ 55 (AKA more profit)
    Tire fee:$ 8.75(State requirement)

Total: $37,000 (Out the Door Cash Deal)

Seems like a good deal. Just a little upset that the car that I saw on the lot Friday was Saturday was sold Saturday morning, and the dealer supplying the trade was closed today. The purchasing dealer was nice and seemed to work hard for the deal (granted the close was over the phone, including deposit). I hope the car comes in unblemished. Can't wait till tomorrow night. The estimated miliage is under 100 with the drive out.

Any thoughts?